PDA

View Full Version : headache during keto diet?

frenchbody
05-31-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi from France!!

I start a keto diet but i have headaches! Is it normal please?

ps=Incredible forum!!!!

Stavman
05-31-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't know, but when I started last week I have gotten headaches I have never had before.

Bacon Boy
05-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Yes this is normal you normally require more water to facilitate your ketogenic state, if I dont chug a quart of water when I wake up in the morning the day is ruined!

MichaelWayne
05-31-2009, 01:44 PM
The first time I tried the Keto I went cold turkey from carbs. Worst week ever, headaches, weak, angry..not a very good time. Lasted two weeks and went crazy, horrible bounce back.

This time around I allowed my body a 'settling in' to no carbs. Much better, feel lighter, more energetic and all-in-all good mindset.

Keep at it, when the brain switches gears its an amazing thing.

frenchbody
05-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanx brothers!

I know now that i am in the right direction!!
i will increase this method with a good depletion training for removing all my inside carbs : better more cardio or better "heavy" training?

Suzy Brown
05-31-2009, 03:06 PM
That headache will go away fast if you have some fat -- a couple spoons of oil or PNB, or fatty meat.

frenchbody
05-31-2009, 03:13 PM
ok i will take more fat............Everybody is afraid of fat!!! lolll

Suzy Brown
05-31-2009, 03:18 PM
Ya it feels like the back of your head will pop off. Have some fat, lots of water, and train lighter, low intensity cardio. In a few weeks you'll feel better than ever, and be right back on track with your weights. Its miserable but so worth the effort.

brolic1
06-12-2009, 04:50 AM
Water water water

MashkaNY
06-14-2009, 12:46 AM
if i dont drink water for a few minutes, i get that

drink water link insane , especially at the start.... not one gallon a day, but like, nonstop

mr condition
06-14-2009, 03:17 AM
Hi from France!!

ps=Incredible forum!!!!

its normally low blood sugar soon as you have achieved strong ketosis those symptoms will go

brolic1
06-14-2009, 04:10 AM
I didnt get headaches (and they are baad, temple to temple vise style) until over a month on keto but I figured its lack of enough water for sure.

Bacon Boy
06-14-2009, 10:00 AM
if i dont drink water for a few minutes, i get that

drink water link insane , especially at the start.... not one gallon a day, but like, nonstop

just woke uo it 9 am MO time and I have already slammed a half liter, I normally get about whole during the first hour I wake up...

DannyG
06-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Damn I get headaches if i don't have carbs with a meal so the keto diet would probably put me out. Do any OTC headache pills help with this or are they the type of headaches that just don't go away?

bgoo101
06-26-2009, 12:36 AM
try having clen aswell , headaches big time !!!

Legend
06-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Damn I get headaches if i don't have carbs with a meal so the keto diet would probably put me out. Do any OTC headache pills help with this or are they the type of headaches that just don't go away?

Once your brain is in full ketosis.......no headaches.

debbiebramwell
07-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Hi from France!!

ps=Incredible forum!!!!

how long have you been doing keto? it goes away when your brain adjusts.......it is normal ....

Sledge
07-12-2009, 12:50 PM
I find once I actualy go into ketosis I feel fine. It's those first 3 days of detox that kills me.

frenchbody
07-12-2009, 12:59 PM
it take more than 3 days for me grrr!! i quit this diet........maybe to retry a next time....

Sledge
07-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Just stick with it mate. Take the others advice and drink the water and eat the fats and make sure their are no hidden carbs in your diet. It's worth it. I love keto, even when I'm not trying to lose fat I now follow a keto diet plan.

frenchbody
07-12-2009, 01:38 PM
thanx australian muscle boy!! i will retry right now!!

debbiebramwell
07-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Just stick with it mate. Take the others advice and drink the water and eat the fats and make sure their are no hidden carbs in your diet. It's worth it. I love keto, even when I'm not trying to lose fat I now follow a keto diet plan.

me too!drink water and dont be afraid of sodium too......the first week your brain adjusts! I was dizzy! LOL but I knew it would pass....now I feel better then I ever had on any other diet........you can do it!!;)

Minnphat
07-12-2009, 03:06 PM
I have been the keto diet for about four months... it's going great, however i get extremely Nauseous some days espcially a day or two before my cheat meal... how can i avoid this??

Tatyana
07-12-2009, 03:24 PM

Have you had any blood work done?

It would be interesting to see what is going on biochemically.

Tatyana
07-12-2009, 03:24 PM
I have been the keto diet for about four months... it's going great, however i get extremely Nauseous some days espcially a day or two before my cheat meal... how can i avoid this??
Do you want to eat your cheat meal?

Minnphat
07-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Do you want to eat your cheat meal?

Yea... I look forward to it all week.... Its not the idea of the meal that makes me sick... i just literally feel sick to my stomach..... only part of the diet that bothers me....

Legend
07-12-2009, 07:01 PM
me too!drink water and dont be afraid of sodium too......the first week your brain adjusts! I was dizzy! LOL but I knew it would pass....now I feel better then I ever had on any other diet........you can do it!!;)

Absolutely!!

debbiebramwell
07-12-2009, 07:06 PM

wow, it happens alot?? something doesnt sound right....when do you get nauseous?

Minnphat
07-12-2009, 07:57 PM
wow, it happens alot?? something doesnt sound right....when do you get nauseous?
usually towards the end of the week (my cheat meal is on sunday).... I just get kinda sick to my stomach... usually during the day...

MashkaNY
07-14-2009, 10:12 AM
drink ABNORMAL amount of water

gulp down like 16oz headache goes away right away

MashkaNY
07-14-2009, 10:14 AM
omg yes salt!

i learned my lesson the 1st time i did dave's diet

so used to eating everything w out salt, that kept on not using it

this time i salt my meals LIKE CRAZy so now i dont have that zombie dead numb feeling anymore like i did 1st time on the diet

but yes water is HUGE like posted before

Sledge
07-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Have you had any blood work done?

It would be interesting to see what is going on biochemically.

Only BSL test I can do at work. Have had blood work done for the usual 44 year old bloke who does small amount of gear and everything is in the normal range. Cortisol was slightly high last time but their was another explanation for that. Liver values etc all great

BSL in ranges from 4.3 to 4.6 during the day when in ketosis and eating 6 meals 3-4 hours appart.
When following a good 6 meal a day diet including good carbs with all meals BSL ranges from 3.2 to 5.6.

But the main thing is that when I'm in ketosis I feel good all day. I don't get that great feeling I get with a post workout shake with 70g dextrose in it, but I also don't get the crashes between meals. Overall I feel better in ketosis than I do on a healthy diet that includes carbs.