PDA

View Full Version : Chained out Cardio

thachozenonebx
05-31-2009, 02:15 PM
GOTCHA!
this has nothing to do with the ARLI product chaind out

Its getting warm so a brother has to up the cardio but cardio sux and its boring as hell. I figure, why not try and make this drudgery challenging. So i added two lifting chains ( not sure how much they weigh..gotta think 25 lbs a piece) around my neck and did my low intensity walkathon... i was wondering if any of you guys ever did cardio with chains or weights or any other added resistance?

and if so, did you get results and did it make cardio more challenging for you

buster12
05-31-2009, 02:17 PM
never tried this..... lol

DaveV
05-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Alot of people use weighted vests.

orhochris
06-01-2009, 02:04 PM
never tried this..... lol

yeah you did. I saw you take the weighted vest off before you fought piccolo to increase your speed against him.

MichaelWayne
06-01-2009, 02:10 PM
I go with the weighted vest/ankles/wrist before I walked around with chains. There is a fine line with chains of being 'hardcorz' or 'tool bag'.

Never tried a vest, but have used the ankle weights (wear warmup pants...you'll kinda look like a asshat in public wearing them).

Wheels
06-01-2009, 02:16 PM
yeah you did. I saw you take the weighted vest off before you fought piccolo to increase your speed against him.

LoL

I wouldn't use resistance during cardio. I'm already paranoid enough as it is of losing muscle, adding weight would only exacerbate the fear.