PDA

View Full Version : Does contest dieting make you want to destroy the known Universe?

HeavyDutyGuy
06-01-2009, 02:21 AM
Just had 2 underage doggies pushing my buttons all day long, and my sister in law was assaulted at the Grand Canyon (long story, she's ok) by an 18 something year old female in a punk family of 7. I wasn't there, but my wife, mother in law, sister in law and her 2 kids ( 4 and 5 and saw the whole thing). Started when her brother went in the middle of the road, and pretty much challenged cars, she had to swerve into oncoming traffic to avoid hitting him. It went downhill from there. The parents weren't any better. Yep the parents. It was good and bad wasn't there. Cause I would have decked all 7, and ended up the one being charged. Instead, the girl AND my sister in law were BOTH TICKETED. Sis in law tried to restrain the bitch till the cops got there. They said that was assault tool what a joke. Court date is June 17, and I WiLL be there. Hopefully by then they will have smartened up. Im normally pretty laid back, but I'm livid. Still not going to eat carbs though. Not going to ruin my prep because of some trash.

jacshelb
06-01-2009, 03:11 AM
That sucks man. Hopefully it all works out ok. I'm a grouchy fuck when serious dieting. I'm doing low-carb now, but no cardio and a bit laid back as I'm not going for a contest. The mindset makes such a big difference- i.e. no contest pressure right now.

All the best.

HeavyDutyGuy
06-01-2009, 03:23 AM
Thanks man. No cardio? I envy you. Lol. I do hours a week and hate it, but do it. Now weight training, I can't wait to attack the weights each session.

lostsk8
06-01-2009, 05:28 AM
Not when i'm on dave's keto diet :)

bigcrz
06-01-2009, 08:15 AM
this is true for me also. the first I have ever done that I dont even crave carbs when on.

FIREAXE205
06-01-2009, 08:28 AM
They say misery loves company and it's the truth bro. Destroy the universe and most everything in its path. Being carb depleted as well as fat depleted = one nasty SOB. I'll say this much without any stories, most people avoided me 2 months back before my show and kept clear of any issues that may have risen up. I'm not usually the aggresive type unless provoked. But, during a contest prep I where a shirt that says, "Danger, athlete dieting approach with extreme caution"

BigJD69
06-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Just stay away from everyone esp. Idiots that have no idea what dieting can do to your mental status!

MichaelWayne
06-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Sorry to say boss, but unless you plan on kicking some ass in the parking lot, you shouldn't go to the court date. You weren't there so your 'feelings' will be thrown out the window, the judge won't give a care about logic because...well you weren't there.

Plus, all it will do is cause you more anger and stress which you don't need when you're already on edge from the diet. It will be harder to wait to hear the verdict at home, but the emotions at the end won't be as dramatic. Just my opinion, but I know how stressful it is when 'idiots' fuck things up for you...I feel for ya!

HeavyDutyGuy
06-01-2009, 10:18 AM
They say misery loves company and it's the truth bro. Destroy the universe and most everything in its path. Being carb depleted as well as fat depleted = one nasty SOB. I'll say this much without any stories, most people avoided me 2 months back before my show and kept clear of any issues that may have risen up. I'm not usually the aggresive type unless provoked. But, during a contest prep I where a shirt that says, "Danger, athlete dieting approach with extreme caution"

Lol, that shirt is classic. Where did you get it?

HeavyDutyGuy
06-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Sorry to say boss, but unless you plan on kicking some ass in the parking lot, you shouldn't go to the court date. You weren't there so your 'feelings' will be thrown out the window, the judge won't give a care about logic because...well you weren't there.

Plus, all it will do is cause you more anger and stress which you don't need when you're already on edge from the diet. It will be harder to wait to hear the verdict at home, but the emotions at the end won't be as dramatic. Just my opinion, but I know how stressful it is when 'idiots' fuck things up for you...I feel for ya!

I wasn't going there to testify. I was going to protect the women from the Manson family. But thank you, and that goes for everyone who 'gets it'.

MichaelWayne
06-01-2009, 10:49 AM
I wasn't going there to testify. I was going to protect the women from the Manson family. But thank you, and that goes for everyone who 'gets it'.

Got ya. Sorry, just started full on Keto a few days ago so the mind is still adjusting...words are hard and all my 'quirks' are coming out. lol

JAR OF NATTY
06-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Im dieting pretty hard right now for a show, the only thing i dont like is eating in front of others who dont know shit about bodybuilding, and think im lame cause i eat oatmeal and protein 3 times a day and how i have to explain each time wy i do this and whats the purpose. and most of all i miss my dear freind peanut butter. But then irealize im a machine and they are not. I need to run on the right fuel:D

Carlos Godoy
06-01-2009, 12:03 PM
No, I just feel more andry when I on high test levels, uselly in my off season

debbiebramwell
06-01-2009, 01:47 PM

haha I second that....I just did the ny pro show and had the best experience ever prepping with him! I felt great! no dieting shouldnt make you feel like that.....silly goose!:D life happens and how you deal with it is up to you.....attitude is everything!

The Thinker
06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
haha I second that....I just did the ny pro show and had the best experience ever prepping with him! I felt great! no dieting shouldnt make you feel like that.....silly goose!:D life happens and how you deal with it is up to you.....attitude is everything!

X3. I have never felt better when dieting. For the first time I don't feel like the diet is "sucking the will to live" out of me!!!

debbiebramwell
06-01-2009, 02:50 PM
X3. I have never felt better when dieting. For the first time I don't feel like the diet is "sucking the will to live" out of me!!!

aww thats great to hear!! the cheat meals rocked!!:DI just had surgery(bigger boobs) and cant wait to jump back in full force to prep for tampa..headed back to docs and will know more then...

The Thinker
06-01-2009, 02:58 PM
aww thats great to hear!! the cheat meals rocked!!:DI just had surgery(bigger boobs) and cant wait to jump back in full force to prep for tampa..headed back to docs and will know more then...

Bigger Boobies? I like bigger boobies! LOL Best of luck for Tampa!!!

HeavyDutyGuy
06-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys! Actually I am use Palumbos diet, straight off the board (I'm closer to 250 than 200), so I adjusted protein upward. Had to cut fats some more, getting into crunch time! It wasn't just the diet that made me angry, it was all the chit happening (context, ya know).