PDA

View Full Version : High blood pressure...

d_dublya
02-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Half way through my 12 week sust cycle at 500mg pw I felt like my head was going to explode.
My thyroid area felt like it was pumping like crazy - only at night though.
So I went to docs suspecting high BP and it was.
The nurse asked as soon as I popped my shirt off was I using bodybuilding drugs - I said no.
I was scheduled for 3 more visits to determine if it was a one off.
2nd visit - still high.
Stopped my cycle.
3rd visit, one week after stopping, still high.
This week I have another appointment and i will be off almost 3 full weeks.
If its still high I have to see the doc, and I am getting blood tests done.
I cant have this info on my medical record or my insurance is shot.

This my 2nd cycle and my 1st ran fine at 12 weeks same dose, good PCT and with 12 weeks off.
Oh and I am 40 years old, been liftin for 10 years on and off with last 2 frequently.

This leads to 2 questions:

Can they detect my AAS use through a blood test at almost 3 weeks after stopping?

If I am put on meds for high blood pressure can I still use gear?
Cheers.

red barraca
02-09-2009, 05:24 PM
well how high was ur B.P?

Baal
02-09-2009, 05:26 PM
It would be difficult for anyone to answer your questions with certainty. What I can say is there are a lot of things that can be done to lower blood pressure while on cycle. Staying away from certain drugs that are notorious for raising hemocrit and blood pressure, with a combination of using supplements to lower blood pressure cycling again is a possiblity. You will need to watch it closely, along with your diet.

They're not going to test you for AAS usage. I'm unsure of the Laws in Ireland but in most Country's we have doctor patient confidentiality. You can ask your doctor before you divulge anything to not mark your drug usage in your chart, if you so choose to tell him. Personally in a Country like United States of America I would not tell anyone anything. Doctors are there to help you get better, not to judge you.

d_dublya
02-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Last time it was 150 over 95.
Previous it was about 140 over 96 - something like that.

If I tell my doc I use steroids he puts it in my record.

I then grant my insurance company the right to review my medical records from time to time, they will cut me loose at the 1st sign of a needle. Bad enough I had issues years ago with recreational drugs and I get the 3rd degree over that.

My BP isnt danger high, its high when I used to be fine.

I'm interested in dietry solutions if you can point me somewhere useful.

Dont mind sticking a needle in my ass but I hate taking pills.

ChowderPaw
02-09-2009, 09:02 PM
1. Lower the dose. perhaps 250mgs every 7-10days
2. increase the dose of a more anabolic compound (anavar, deca)
3. Drop your salt below 2,400mg/day and keep you water intake high
4. Get some dandelion root capsules. take them 3x day
5. get some magnesium citrate and take in about 500-600mg/day
6. Take GABA throughout the day to "ease your nerves" if you get tense and stressed easily.

red barraca
02-09-2009, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=d_dublya;1773]Last time it was 150 over 95.

I then grant my insurance company the right to review my medical records from time to time, they will cut me loose at the 1st sign of a needle. Bad enough I had issues years ago with recreational drugs and I get the 3rd degree over that.

Dont mind sticking a needle in my ass but I hate taking pills.[/ ooooooooooooooh.150 over 95 is not that bad,tes it is high nun the least,mine was 168 over93,yes trying to log in at your rxmuscle,and your pulse is so high....your moving so much can't hardly read..yes been there,other bother's tell you need to lower the dose,well let's ask how much salt your taking in?

maxititer
02-10-2009, 01:55 AM
go and donate the whole blood. if you cant donate for some reasons. look for a nurse who can withdraw 50-100ml of your blood.

Check out your RBC, hematocrit and Hb levels.

With rise of hematocrit, blood becoming more thick and flow with more difficulty that can be the reason behind of high BP.

BrianNassar
02-11-2009, 04:19 PM
BEST CARDIOVASCULAR AND BP SUPPS

300mg Grape Seed extract
Fish Oil
Phytosterols (cardio aid patent)

While using these supps I was able to lower my ace inhibitor. :)

Lee Penman
02-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Try CQ10, Taurine and celery seed for BP

Bacon Boy
02-11-2009, 06:10 PM
A good potency grape seed will do the most, and the fish oil is a supplement I believe everyone should be taking!

Not sure about the Taurine though it could work against it though...

d_dublya
02-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Cheers folk, the appointment is this friday and today I def feel not so pumped up.
Just over 2 and a half weeks off - so I'm sure the T is wearing down.

The salt intake is a factor I never considered although my salt intake is naturally low. I have been eating turkey rashers each day which do taste salty and maybe more than I'm used to.

I take about 1000mg fish oil a day, is that enough?

Grape seed oil will be a little tougher to find over here as the US are grape crazy and we just have wine.

I was about to fire some deca into my cycle at 8 weeks and continue on - I though it might make things worse, maybe it would be worth starting that from the beginning next time?

I dont really get anxious much but with working for a bank in this day and age with the layoffs I suppose there might be underlying factors there. O do get terrible road rage though but I'm working on that.

Thanks for all the great advice - I'll let y'all know how it goes at the docs anyway and see what my strategy will be.

I would hate to have to come off permanently as I do like being on. :D

BrianNassar
02-11-2009, 06:55 PM

Thanks - I forgot about the CoQ10! :D

Jack of All
02-12-2009, 09:48 PM
I dont get it... just dont go to the doctor. Your BP is not that high, especially for being on juice. wait longer after your cycle add in some good cardio, give blood then go back to DR after you have it down some. why worry over insurance issues when this really isnt an emergency. Just wait...

BigJD69
02-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Low Dose Aspirin, Liquid Kyolic with B1 and B12 will lower blood pressure and thin blood.

LATS
02-16-2009, 12:55 PM
WELL.. I USE A BP MED WHEN I AM ON A CYCLE.. BENICAR.. IT KEEPS ME AT 140/72 ON THE AVERAGE.. WHNE I LOWER MY DOSE AND CRUISE I TAKE MY BP EVERY DAY AND JUST MAKE ADJUSTMENTS.. your bp is high but, not a emergency.. as some have said, low dose aspirin, fish oil, and grape seed are great for cardio health.. just adding a aspirin for many will help lower the bp greatly..

d_dublya
02-16-2009, 02:14 PM
It all came back good.
138 over 84.
Bordeline.

The only reason I got concerned was because my Dad took a stroke last year and I really wanted to make sure it wasnt something else.

Now I know its my AAS I can go happily back into it knowing its only a temporary thing - some sort of peace of mind.

Def next time I have deca to add at 400mg per week on top of 500mg sus.
I always take fish oil and will def add in a baby aspirin and keep a better eye on my salt intake. I'll try and dig out the grape seed from somewhere over here.

Thanks for all your advices. Its much appreciated and will help me out next time.

Now to PCT and feelin like shit. :rolleyes:

scorpion
02-16-2009, 04:02 PM
My blood pressure average was 130/60 on cycle.

I recently started checking again and had dropped to 115/60 on cycle, the only supplements I added was a b vitamin complex and coenzyme q10 30 mg twice a day.

This is on the same cycle with aprox 2 weeks between checking blood pressure and adding new supplements.

Pantera
02-16-2009, 08:12 PM
I dont get it... just dont go to the doctor. Your BP is not that high, especially for being on juice. wait longer after your cycle add in some good cardio, give blood then go back to DR after you have it down some. why worry over insurance issues when this really isnt an emergency. Just wait...

I agree.Check your own BP man.I have one at my house.CO-Q10 and Hawthorne berry are both great to use.Start taking them and do regular cardio,then check it a month later.HB and CO-Q10 take about a month to start working,but they both are great.I'm 23 with high BP,so I speak from experience just to let you know.HB works great for me and always has.If I stop it for a bit,my BP shoots way up.They say CO-Q10 is better,but I have alittle experience with it.....I promise you these are the 2 supps to start taking.Up the dose when on.

bigdaddyd
02-16-2009, 08:22 PM
CoQ10 and garlic appear to work. There is another thread regarding this and garlic is suggested there as well as other sites. I have also found sites referencing CoQ10. I doubled my garlic intake and my bp went down. But that is just me.

chucksm00th
02-21-2009, 12:37 PM
maybe high bloodpressure runs in your family. It can be a genetic trait, regardless of hormones or diet, however if it is genetic you need to be careful of what you take. Someone had mentioned about taking bloodpressure meds while cycling, its something to look into, even a mild diruetic can help lower blood pressure.

For fish oils shoot for 6g per day split up. 1g isnt enought

SonOfPluto
03-23-2009, 03:42 PM

Add some Hawthorne Berry Extract in there too, and this should all be enough to avoid having to take blood pressure meds.

boost_addict
03-23-2009, 10:21 PM
I had mine taken today and it was 154/110, doc said just to monitor it and if it gets to high we should start looking at things to bring it down.

He had mentioned anything 100 and under is ok.

apex23
03-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks - I forgot about the CoQ10! :D

HOW about a LOW Dose aspirin???

apex23
03-24-2009, 05:06 PM
[quote=d_dublya;1773]Last time it was 150 over 95.

Dont mind sticking a needle in my ass but I hate taking pills.[/ ooooooooooooooh.150 over 95 is not that bad,tes it is high nun the least,mine was 168 over93,yes trying to log in at your rxmuscle,and your pulse is so high....your moving so much can't hardly read..yes been there,other bother's tell you need to lower the dose,well let's ask how much salt your taking in?

I would NEVER grant my insurance the right to review my records if at all possible.

I always tell them this is off the record and they do not put anything in my chart.

Knock on wood, but I have never had my Insurance company asked to check my records.