PDA

View Full Version : Question on nolvadex??

mindmuscle
06-02-2009, 08:55 PM
I was curious :confused: about what your side effects were after coming off nolvadex...did any of you get bloated? How long did it take for your cycle to come back? etc...

thanx ladies

sassy69
06-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Anecdotally people talk about estrogen rebound from nolvadex - consider that your period is fairly resiliant and will start up as soon as it can once you come off cycle manipulators. Given that you're talking about your estrogen cycle coming back, by definition it comes w/ water retention, etc.

But also consider that most people use nolvadex in conjunction w/ a very targeted diet/training program, as well as whatever other chems to look a certain way on a certain day, and then expect to rebound simply because you have forced your body into an extreme state of depletion and then will be reintroducing things to go back to normal. W/ the full combination of all of this, collectively known as 'post competition syndrome', its really hard to isolate specifically what contributed to what type of rebound.

The general recommendation is to come off via taper over a week or so. The "when does the period come back" would be the first full month after all the stuff you in your system has cleared its detection time at the longest. Again, generally speaking.

Angela123
06-04-2009, 03:17 AM
Sassy is correct! I can't really add much to her post!

Most times, people end nolva with the end of a contest prep...and right after contest prep is when many binge out and go overboard. Your body in general isn't used to all that food, so of course you'll blow up. Combine that with going off an estogen blocker (which estrogen does casue bloating)...yes you will get bloated.

I have gone off nolva before while I had a small break from contest dieting. I did not notice horrible bloating bc I knew I had to start dieting again, so I kept my diet in check. But then I also came off nolva another time when I knew I was done competing for the year. I did get more bloated that time, bc I wasn't keeping my diet in check and I was coming off other supps as well. My body was generally confused. I think your diet has more to do with the increase of bloat.

My cycle came back after 6-8 weeks.

mindmuscle
06-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Thank u ladies! Well I ask cuz I competed about a mnth ago and OF COURSE did not keep post diet on point, which I already knew what could and would happen if I didnt, and I tapered off nolvadex, so I obviously blew up. Back to eating clean now tho so its slowly coming down. And coincidently my cycle came back the day after I started this thread lol, so about 3 weeks off of it.

sassy69
06-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Thank u ladies! Well I ask cuz I competed about a mnth ago and OF COURSE did not keep post diet on point, which I already knew what could and would happen if I didnt, and I tapered off nolvadex, so I obviously blew up. Back to eating clean now tho so its slowly coming down. And coincidently my cycle came back the day after I started this thread lol, so about 3 weeks off of it.

Funny how things happen like this... cause & effect :)

I will tell you the biggest thing I've changed in my competition prep is my 'post show phase'. I make a very big deal of getting together w/ friends after the show for a good dinner (e.g. steak, potato, broccoli) and maybe a drink (I can barely handle the sugar in a shot of Captain Morgan when I'm dieting) INSTEAD of the feeding frenzy most of us focus on as "reward" for all the months of "depravation". When you take away the association w/ food, it becomes MUCH easier to continue the state of mind that food is nothing more than fuel for your goals and avoid the really bad rebounds. Basically 'post show dismount' is the last phase of your prep and the end point is "maintenance".

heavyiron
06-15-2009, 06:15 PM
I was curious :confused: about what your side effects were after coming off nolvadex...did any of you get bloated? How long did it take for your cycle to come back? etc...

thanx ladies
Zero sides and her cycle never completely went away.

sassy69
06-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Zero sides and her cycle never completely went away.

How long was the cycle in question?

Reason I ask is, generally it seems that when you introduce something to modulate a menstrual cycle, if you do it within a normal 28 day cycle period, the menstuation may or may not appear to be affected. It seems to take one complete month (28 day cycle) to start seeing those sorts of changes like interruped period (flow), etc.

Just sort of an observation. This can be a consideration if you are expecting your period, for ex around your competition date & you want to try to prevent it. One approach would be to continue taking your birth control pills (if you're on them) and not stop for the usual 1 week of placebos. This regulation is telling your system its not not for your normal period yet. But I would also expect this to work if you've been on your b/c pills for an established period of time where your body is used to them, responds to them and expects to continue responding to them. Any sort of change you try to induce within 1 month of your normal period sort of has a crap shoot of actually stopping the flow or not. Also just because the flow was stopped does not necessarily mean the sides are stopped as well - i.e. you continue to ovulate and could experience bloating, cramps, mood swings, even if you don't get the flow.

Other contributors are when your bodyfat gets below a certain point like 12% - but it is very individual if it actually happens and at what bodyfat level. For me, normallly happens at 11% but usually comes back just like normal post show when my bf gets back up around 15%.

heavyiron
06-16-2009, 03:40 PM
How long was the cycle in question?

Reason I ask is, generally it seems that when you introduce something to modulate a menstrual cycle, if you do it within a normal 28 day cycle period, the menstuation may or may not appear to be affected. It seems to take one complete month (28 day cycle) to start seeing those sorts of changes like interruped period (flow), etc.

Just sort of an observation. This can be a consideration if you are expecting your period, for ex around your competition date & you want to try to prevent it. One approach would be to continue taking your birth control pills (if you're on them) and not stop for the usual 1 week of placebos. This regulation is telling your system its not not for your normal period yet. But I would also expect this to work if you've been on your b/c pills for an established period of time where your body is used to them, responds to them and expects to continue responding to them. Any sort of change you try to induce within 1 month of your normal period sort of has a crap shoot of actually stopping the flow or not. Also just because the flow was stopped does not necessarily mean the sides are stopped as well - i.e. you continue to ovulate and could experience bloating, cramps, mood swings, even if you don't get the flow.

Other contributors are when your bodyfat gets below a certain point like 12% - but it is very individual if it actually happens and at what bodyfat level. For me, normallly happens at 11% but usually comes back just like normal post show when my bf gets back up around 15%.
I would have to check her steroid diary but it seems like the cycle was 12 weeks and the nolva was the last 70 days. She never got close to 12% bodyfat though so it may be part of the reason. Her menstration did shorten in duration but never stopped.

She does not use BC at all.