PDA

View Full Version : Powerlifting equipment "briefs "

realmccoy
02-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Which are the better briefs : titian boss briefs , metal briefs or is there something better than the both of these?

robert da strongman
02-15-2009, 11:22 AM
inzer are good too

realmccoy
02-15-2009, 11:27 AM
inzer are good too

Do you use inzer hardcore briefs or predator briefs?

robert da strongman
02-15-2009, 11:29 AM
it was years ago...think they were hardcore

weightgain4000
02-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Which are the better briefs : titian boss briefs , metal briefs or is there something better than the both of these?

Do you have any experience with gear? I use single ply titans and I love em; they also give pretty good welts. The Boss briefs, from what I've seen, are hard to get down at first but once you get the hang of them, they're some of the best briefs available. Titan makes some tough material so get ready for pain when you get them on lol.

I've also never had any experience with double ply metal. I did use single ply suit bottoms from metal(v-type squatter) and they served me well for a year, even a little stretched out. I think metal may be a little easier to master and less painful.

As far a longevity I've seen both used for over a year with great results and hand-me-downs to newer lifters have served them well.

BK
02-17-2009, 07:13 PM
I fhave heard good things about Titan but have no experience using them. I have a pair of DBL ply Metal Pro briefs and a DBL ply set of Ace briefs and love them.
One thing about the Metal gear is that you need to order a size larger then what you measure. They seem to be sized small.

billy mimnaugh
02-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Inzer predators are really good.The problem with the BOSS material is it stretches pretty easily so its pretty useless after a training cycle.Since they run you like 200.00 that gets expensive.The Predators last longer.Metal ACE briefs are good,but I think too restrictive and if you gain weight,they stop you above parallel.The Inzers are the best ones out there in my opinion.

robert da strongman
03-22-2009, 02:08 PM
ok...tried to deadlift in my new suit...fuck it sucked. cut across my diaphragm and couldnt breathe. kneeled down in it and couldn't stand up. did mange to stretch it enough to get the straps up.

forgot how much i hated these things

weightgain4000
03-22-2009, 09:48 PM
ok...tried to deadlift in my new suit...fuck it sucked. cut across my diaphragm and couldnt breathe. kneeled down in it and couldn't stand up. did mange to stretch it enough to get the straps up.

forgot how much i hated these things

Quit your crying lol. God I hate that feeling.

realmccoy
03-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks, guys that is messed up a cycle with the Boss brief's and then they are no good. That is a shame!.

robert da strongman
03-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Quit your crying lol. God I hate that feeling.

should see the bruises...

TheReverendMister
04-11-2009, 03:40 PM

For training or meets? Sounds dumb, but makes a difference

SUMO
04-11-2009, 04:41 PM
should see the bruises...
Post pics lol

iusealittle
04-12-2009, 12:46 PM
never put on a pair of briefs but from the guys i know that have they say if you get them to fit correctly your balls have nowhere to go? any thoughts on this? dont wanna spend all that money if i cant take the pain.

thx

TheReverendMister
04-12-2009, 01:16 PM
never put on a pair of briefs but from the guys i know that have they say if you get them to fit correctly your balls have nowhere to go? any thoughts on this? dont wanna spend all that money if i cant take the pain.

thx

Doesnt bother my balls. You will get some pain in your legs, and some minor bruising, but it is completely managable. If you're just getting them to train in, they should be a size too big anyway.

iusealittle
04-12-2009, 01:23 PM
cool.... i would be training and doing comps in them. just askin becaouse that what iv been told, thx guys:beerbang:

crashcrew56
02-28-2010, 03:07 PM
I thought I would resurrect this thread too...

On the topic of the boss briefs being useless after a training cycle... They can still be used, but the briefs are usually a little bit looser by then, they best thing to do for that is to have the briefs taken in a little bit and they will be as good as new. I have a pair of Overkill briefs and it's pretty much the same thing with them.

powerbeast
03-06-2010, 11:46 AM
I've been using the Inzer Predators for a while and can't complain about them at all. They work real well.