PDA

View Full Version : Clark Kent's Progress Thread

Clark Kent
06-03-2009, 03:16 PM
A little history, over 10 years ago I was strictly into powerlifting (high school). Found that my naturally strong back and short legs made for some powerful deads and squats. At that time I responded great to lifting. A few dozen stretch marks later and a few trophies, I was hooked. Hell, I even tattoo'ed my hero's famous shoulder tat on my back (Superman Shield). Then it was time for college. Engineering course became harder and harder, I ate like crap, stop lifting, drank heavily, and became small and fat. About 3 years ago I started going back to the gym, for 2 years on/off I basically stuck to your basics and went for strength. About 1 and 1/2 years ago started to focus more on weaknesses and about 6 months ago started getting critical about muscle balance.

About 2 months ago I started reading what I can on diet and hacking at what I currently was eating (crap, and more crap). Right now I'm focusing on getting my bodyfat down below 10% and working on my lagging bodyparts and there's a few....

I've posted on Chris Aceto's thread and he's been generous enough to feed me some advice. I'm still learning, so critiques are welcomed. I know I'm very unbalanced and the diet is lagging.

Right now my stats are as follows:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 192 lbs
Bodyfat: 15%
Chest: 45"
Shoulders: 48.5"
Waist: 35"
Neck: 16.75"
Arms 16.75"
Forearms 12.5"
Thighs: 24"
Calves: 14.25"
Hips: 40"

Clark Kent
06-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Here's the plan:

New as of 6/1: Cardio every other day 30minutes, first thing in the morning empty stomach. Exception to this is a day two break after legs before cardio.

Continue with current lift routine with focus on lagging parts:
Day 1: chest/abs
Day 2: shoulders/back/calves
Day 3: tris/biceps/forearms
Day 4: hams/quads/calves

Current diet seems to have me at a plateau, gains in lifts have slowed and decrease in bodyfat seems to have stopped. Current intake is per day ~2300 cals, 200g protein, 200g carbs, fats unknown for 3-4 days, then upping the carbs to 500ish grams.

I'm thinking of upping the protein to 300g per day and maybe bumping the carbs 50 or so grams.

I've been taking Aceto's KreOxi and have been happy with that. I was taking his protein and gh mix but stopped a month ago and that's about when I started to plateau. As of this week I'm taking following supplements:

Protein Mix: Current protein is American Whey, I'm going to mix in Aceto's Ecdy N7 as pre and post workout shakes.
Fat Burner: Starting 6/3/09 Aceto's Nordrenalean HSL 2 pills morning, 2 more pills lunch
Creatine: Aceto's KreOxi, I've been using this for sometime now and it's helped my endurance in the gym so I see no reason not to stop.
BCAA: 10grams pre cardio, pre and post workout (probably unneccossary considering the Ecdy N7 contant)

Do you guys think it's possible to drop enough fat to see my midsection within 2 months? That's the goal I've set for myself. Any suggestions?

Clark Kent
06-04-2009, 07:14 PM
mods, just found the Men's Training Journal forum, could I get this moved there. thanks!