PDA

View Full Version : Exercise Ball Squats

charlie
06-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Just found this on break. Clearly the next big thing, I wouldn't be surprised if we see this start to show up in IFBB pro's training videos pretty soon. (sorry i dont know how to embed videos)

Crazy Exercise Ball Trick Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://embed.break.com/746000@@AMEPARAM@@746000

memphismuscle
06-04-2009, 12:40 AM
as stupid as that looks, it's still impressive that he could balance on that ball and get the weight on his shoulders

crashcrew56
06-04-2009, 12:42 AM
Charlie, I hope your being sarcastic... Yes that is some impressive balance, but I think it's fucking stupid, I don't know why it would benefit a BB. Not to mention that shit has got to be dangerous too

davidyes
06-04-2009, 12:42 AM
I'm not going to lie - that was very impressive.

charlie
06-04-2009, 01:15 AM
Impressive, of course. Great for building muscle? Hell no. Not to mention that if he fell he could land with a barbell to the face.

"Rodz"
06-04-2009, 01:37 AM
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I dont understand why people do that shit, it looked like his ankles were going to buckle. Reminds me of the olds guys that would say how strong they are, and to punch them in the stomach.

jacshelb
06-04-2009, 02:29 AM
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I dont understand why people do that shit, it looked like his ankles were going to buckle. Reminds me of the olds guys that would say how strong they are, and to punch them in the stomach.

Like Harry Houdini? I just bring that up because he was a reputed macho guy and a punch to the stomach is what reportedly killed him. I believe it ruptured an ulcer and he bled to death internally.

I can't imagine doing these. Not only because I simply couldn't, but for god's sakes think of what it'd do to your knees! I realized this past week that I had been squatting on a slightly slanted floor and it was fucking up my knees- and it was nothing compared to the side to side torsion put on this guys tendons.

Skeptic
06-04-2009, 08:19 AM
The fact that this guy can do this incredible thing is a good thing: it adds to the already extensive database of human achievements. I am unaware that this gentleman is claiming that others should do this as well.

For strength or physique athletes? Stay the hell away. Risk >>>>> reward.

MichaelWayne
06-04-2009, 10:08 AM
After seeing so many pics its cool to see a vid. Hopefully more will do this, that way I can FINALLY see someone killing themselves on camera because of this move.

What did the retard say before he died?

"Hey brah, wanna spot me while I do squats on this swiss-ball?"

A-Maxx
06-04-2009, 10:42 AM
sometimes...there's a difference from "using stabilizers" and "being a retard"

if you wanna do it..just use a bosu ball :confused:

AFTazz06
06-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Well, i guess if you want broken legs, this is a good way to get them...

MichaelWayne
06-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Well, i guess if you want broken legs, this is a good way to get them...

Hell yeah! Just like muscle, the only way to make things stronger is by breaking them....duh, why didn't PTs think of this earlier? There are so many people out there with just strained muscles, ripped tendons and destroyed joints. They are missing the true foundation...BONE! Forget the Lunk Alarm, now there will be the Siren of Success heard whenever anyone breaks a bone in the gym....

*to all of us, this siren will still be known as the ambulance pulling up*

orhochris
06-04-2009, 12:50 PM
impressive... but I will continue to squat on the floor to build muscle.