PDA

View Full Version : Best ways to practice my posing?

cranny
06-04-2009, 09:12 AM
My friends I've only competed once back in 07' and will be hitting the stage once more this coming August. Currently I'm just over 10 wks. out. I need to get started on practicing my posing big time. In 07' I purchased a DVD on BB'ing posing which was good as it really showed the basics of the mandatories as well as the relaxed pose and all. I can still remember the judge who narrated the film having huge bug eye glasses. It was a good DVD but could any of you recommend anything else be it website, DVD, whatever for helping me nail my poses? I def. have some stronger poses over others as I'm assuming most do. I seem to be able to display my whole right side better than any of my left. I started out practicing in front of a mirror and then got to where I would pose again in front of a mirror but only look up at the finished pose after I hit it.
I know one thing, practicing posing is no joke, that shit is taxing. Which is all the more reason I need to start soon.
Thanks for any help you can throw my way.

fitmomma3
06-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Video tape it! In the mirror you will automatically adjust no matter what and pictures don't tell the full story because you have to practice holding the poses a lot longer than a snap shot.

ricker35910
06-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Video tape it! In the mirror you will automatically adjust no matter what and pictures don't tell the full story because you have to practice holding the poses a lot longer than a snap shot.

exactly, use video tape... listen to fitmomma

militantmuscle
06-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Once you get a pose down, try to 'feel' it. If you can feel it, practice with your eyes closed. You're not going to have a video tape or mirror onstage.

For instance, when you do a lat spread, feel yourself opening up.

Pose from the ground up, practice your breathing and learn how to breathe within a pose and be able to hold a pose comfortably longer than anyone else. Practice vaccuums, the tighter you can hold your midsection your physique will look that much better.

The best thing would be a mirror and a posing coach present to help you. Get a local NPC judge or seasoned competitor if you can't find a trainer/nutritionist who will work with you.

Good luck!

Darnelle B
08-23-2009, 09:57 PM
i'm looking for a posing coach.... but dont know anyone that has the time.

anybody from ny willing to help?

my first show coming up in november.... i want to be ready. i been praticing on my own but i still need alot of help.

Manavs
08-23-2009, 10:06 PM
bob chick had a good posing vid here.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/pose.htm

talks about all the basics. but yeah, practice your ass off, post some pics and ask for critiques on here in order to maximize a pose.

GirlyMuscle
08-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Perfect Posing vids are good. I thnik Gary Udit did those. Also, the Bob Chic ones ar egood. Both are on youtube.

I've always practiced in a mirror. I decided to video myself posing without the mirror so I can get them down without having to look at myself since you can't see yourself on stage. I agree with the suggestion about feeling it. Start with a mirror, get it right, hold it and them FEEL it. Soon you'll do it easily without the mirror.

Darnelle B
08-23-2009, 10:22 PM
bob chick had a good posing vid here.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/pose.htm

talks about all the basics. but yeah, practice your ass off, post some pics and ask for critiques on here in order to maximize a pose.

i have pics in my thread

follow my road to success. (1st show) Eastern USA november 14th 2009 - RX Muscle Forums

Trulyhuge
09-30-2009, 10:12 PM
These are all good ideas. I am best w/ just repeating all the mandatories and my routine up to a few times/day throughout prep. Doing them away from the mirror makes me more comfortable especially onstage.