PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss help

devidmike
06-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm 5'4" and 149 lbs. I want to lose 10-15 lbs in the next 3 months. My diet is good (no fast food, lots of water, etc.) But just for a guideline, about how many calories should I be getting per day to reach this goal?

Exercise is the main part I need help with. I can't get a gym membership right now, or buy any expensive equipment, so that's not an option. So basically I have running, basketball, biking, jump roping, and other stuff like that available. How much of each of those specific activates should I do to burn a good amount of fat each day?

Angela123
06-06-2009, 02:32 AM
Hi there. We need some more specifics please. You say your diet is good. But to us, it may not be good. Everyone has a different definition for 'good.' It would be more helpful to know your macros. Such as, how many carbs, proteins and fats are you taking in. Do you eat a lot of processed foods? Do you have an estimate of calories you take in everyday. If you can, specific meals woudl be great. An example would look like this, 1 piece of whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp jam and 1 tbsp of pb with 1 cup orange juice and 2 pancakes with 1/4 c of syrup and links of sausage for breakfast.

Have you been exercising at all yet? That matters too. Someone who has already been doing cardio may need to up the cardio while someone who has not done any, will want to start at a shorter time frame and increase as needed.

So you will just be doing cardio and no weights? Correct?

Maybe this questions needs to be posted in Diet and Fat Loss, where more people read it. I can move it there if you want.

michelleturner
06-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Yeah, everybody says 45 mins a day, but I mean how many miles running/biking, how many jumps with a jumprope, etc. I want to get a specific number.

And like I said, I can't really afford to buy stuff like adjustable weights now, so what is a good weight of dumbells I can start off with.