PDA

View Full Version : Frickin' CRAMPS

esplendido
02-15-2009, 04:37 PM
About midway into a bulking cycle, I start to cramp in the body part being worked....usually after the workout and for a day after. Anytime I stress that muscle group, it will cramp. Sometimes, like today, the cramp hits following a set. I was doing heavy pushdowns, requiring quite a bit of ab tension to do the reps, and during a rest, my lower abs cramped hard (which is second only as painful as being gutted with a knife).

I take potassium (about 1000mg), calcium (1000mg) and magnesium...take plenty of salt and drink lots of water. Any ideas on what's happening and how to mitigate it?

Swiper
02-15-2009, 04:42 PM
About midway into a bulking cycle, I start to cramp in the body part being worked....usually after the workout and for a day after. Anytime I stress that muscle group, it will cramp. Sometimes, like today, the cramp hits following a set. I was doing heavy pushdowns, requiring quite a bit of ab tension to do the reps, and during a rest, my lower abs cramped hard (which is second only as painful as being gutted with a knife).

I take potassium (about 1000mg), calcium (1000mg) and magnesium...take plenty of salt and drink lots of water. Any ideas on what's happening and how to mitigate it?

I had that same problem. For me it was my diet, not enough potassium.

ANABOLIC1
02-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Same here. Low water intake gets me too. However you are already adhering to all protocols I put in place to prevent cramping. Hmmm...

Swiper
02-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Same here. Low water intake gets me too. However you are already adhering to all protocols I put in place to prevent cramping. Hmmm...

nice sig!!

GDAWG15
02-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Diet bro... I have never dieted for a show but... Since i started to weigh out everything basically to a "t" no cramping at all.....

I agree with my boy swiper...

esplendido
02-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Diet bro... I have never dieted for a show but... Since i started to weigh out everything basically to a "t" no cramping at all.....

I agree with my boy swiper...

I'm still bulking and taking all my supps as required. I drink plenty....peeing every hour and 2-3 times through the night.

I'm sure one of my electrolytes is off. I'm doing Test Cyp, Deca, anadrol, and GH. Any of these cause this problem for others?

HANEYCOLEMAN
02-15-2009, 05:35 PM
are you taking in your daily required fat intake. just asking; then i will share with you... thanks

esplendido
02-15-2009, 05:43 PM
About 100g/day

enrage
02-15-2009, 06:05 PM
im suffering from calf cramps as well.
I just bought some Fosfree which always did me well with cramps in the past. If i were you, continue to take 200-400mgs of magnesium every 3 hours.
that may be your problem. the last time i was cramping really bad, i went to the doctor to get some blood work done so I could figure out the problem. My problem was magnesium.
are you drinking soda with your bulking diet? Soda is known to leech calcium from your bones. Bump up your calcium as well.
i wouldn't worry about the potassium unless you feel the need to induce a heart attack.

HANEYCOLEMAN
02-15-2009, 07:53 PM
About 100g/day

well it looks like you are getting your fat requirements. the poster above does have a poinas well; if all else fail. add some quinine to your supplemnt stack.

Spauldo
02-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I was cramping too. I take in powerade's and yogurt. Its helped wonders

MusclePump
02-15-2009, 08:18 PM
have you tied taking taurine? i buy it bulk and consume 10gms before and after workouts it seems to remove any cramps

sassy69
02-15-2009, 08:46 PM
If you've got some, quinine is a fantastic cramp killer. However, I'd keep looking to see what in your current regimen is the source.

LittleChris
02-15-2009, 10:23 PM
man, i hear ya on cramps. i was getting them very very often. now i take about 300 mgs of pottasium pills around 3 times per day. and i also cant train abs anymore as my lower abs cramp, and yes, it is PAINFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just lockup in the gym when i get them so i have had to stop training abs altogether. i get cramps in my hamstrings when i bend down. the potassium has really helped for the cramps. but the cramps have not stopped altogether. i may need to take magnesium as well. good luck bro.

-LC

ANABOLIC1
02-15-2009, 11:26 PM
nice sig!!

Haha, thanks bro...

esplendido
02-15-2009, 11:48 PM
I think quinine and taurine are the next things to try. This only happens while I'm on a bulking cycle, which interestingly enough is less shit than I take for cutting.

Bryan Hildebrand
02-16-2009, 08:13 AM
your anadrol may be sucking more sodium than you think it is. try bumping PWO and bdtime sodium more.

HANEYCOLEMAN
02-16-2009, 10:19 AM
I think quinine and taurine are the next things to try. This only happens while I'm on a bulking cycle, which interestingly enough is less shit than I take for cutting.

As i stated befor eonce you get some quinine; it will be your best friend. Funny though thats when i get cramps as well; when im bulking.

Praetorian
02-16-2009, 10:24 AM

Taurine should do the job...you can also try sipping on tonic water which is a natural form of quinine.
P

Mr. Shoulders
02-18-2009, 03:48 PM
I think the adrol is the culprit...Try 1-2 grms of Taurine ed and see how it goes...I am running sus, deca and anadrol/dbol and sometimes get the same exact cramping