PDA

View Full Version : CrossFit - what is it?

Tiki
02-15-2009, 06:33 PM
I've seen many videos and have even read CrossFit.com's "what is crossfit" explanation but, I still have no real idea what it's purpose actually is. I'm under the impression that it's to maintaine strength and enhance endurance.

Would someone please explain what CrossFit is?

gman
02-15-2009, 08:36 PM
to burn fat and muscle off equally from what I have seen of the people who do it.

I know two guys who were big and muscular, who are know skinny ripped after doing CF for several months. A good look for picking up chicks, but not a bodybuilder look at all.

Strikerrjones
02-15-2009, 08:38 PM
It's supposed to be functional strength and endurance. The workouts are actually pretty good, but they definitely aren't going to make anybody a champion bodybuilder.

Wiry Pyruvity
02-15-2009, 08:45 PM
some of the crossfit places have a multitude of garbage cans to puke into as a result of the intense training...think station to station...eg, weighted chins - squats combo to shoulder press - jumps to high platform..etc...fucking gruelling...good if you want to be a killer in a month, bad if you want to get huge...

gman
02-15-2009, 09:03 PM
yeah, definitely hardcore, but tissue burning.

Wiry Pyruvity
02-15-2009, 09:06 PM
probably good for mma

-Z-
02-15-2009, 09:13 PM
It's supposed to be functional strength and endurance. The workouts are actually pretty good, but they definitely aren't going to make anybody a champion bodybuilder.

All true.

some of the crossfit places have a multitude of garbage cans to puke into as a result of the intense training...think station to station...eg, weighted chins - squats combo to shoulder press - jumps to high platform..etc...fucking gruelling...good if you want to be a killer in a month, bad if you want to get huge...

The workouts are no joke. They will make anyone sick. If you are not getting half sick, you're probably half assing it.

probably good for mma

It has helped all of my fighters.

Strikerrjones
02-15-2009, 10:11 PM
When I was in Iraq crossfit was all the rage. A few guys got me to try it with them for a week... probably the hardest workouts I've ever done. When they came back for me the next week, I told them, "Fuck you guys, I'm going back to the gym."

-Z-
02-15-2009, 10:20 PM
When I was in Iraq crossfit was all the rage. A few guys got me to try it with them for a week... probably the hardest workouts I've ever done. When they came back for me the next week, I told them, "Fuck you guys, I'm going back to the gym."

lol It just depends what you train for. I personally would never train that way.

Bubba Bronko
02-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Its a lot of fun but its tough as hell...Its short sweet and will make you not want to do it anymore. I did it for a few months and loved it its an awesome challenge but like everyone has said not good if your goin for the BB look. But it will def get your ass in2 shape

http://crossfit.com/

http://navyseals.com/