PDA

View Full Version : If You are a US citizen can you compete in Europe?

SadFatty
06-07-2009, 04:49 PM
I want to do my first contest...bikini....but it looks like I will be in Europe around the time I am ready to compete. Is there bikini there as well and will they allow me to compete if I am a US citizen?

SadFatty
06-16-2009, 06:15 PM
I thought I would post again so maybe somebody else will look at this!

Tatyana
06-16-2009, 06:21 PM
WABBA has had an 'untrained figure' and the IFBB does bodyfitness.

I really doubt NABBA would go for a softer look.

The look for bodyfitness varies quite considerably and the judging is inconsistent.

Europe typically has really hard, ripped and muscular figure girls, the look is great.

As to whether or not you can compete, I would contact the federation in the country you intend to compete in. You may have to be a resident.

SadFatty
06-16-2009, 07:16 PM
I will have to contact the federation I guess. Do you know if any federations offer a bikini type division at all?

Thanks for the info.

Tatyana
06-16-2009, 07:24 PM
MuscleMania has comps in Europe and a bikini division.

If you are lucky, they will coincide with your trip.

You could also check out some natural federations, they often have a softer figure look.

Sledge
06-17-2009, 06:37 AM
NABBA/WFF here have a sportsmodel division similar to bikini. I would guess they have something similar in europe. It involves talking and 3 different clothing sections though.

SadFatty
06-26-2009, 02:39 AM
I have found a few contests in sept, oct, and nov in Europe and I will most likely be close enough to compete in them but I don't htink they have bikini in them. I was considering going for the "phsique" category but I don't know yet.

I have also found a bikini contest in Praguebut I don't think it is bodybuilding related so I don't know if I will do it. I need more details but I'm thinking it may be good practice?

Tatyana
06-26-2009, 02:42 AM
I have found a few contests in sept, oct, and nov in Europe and I will most likely be close enough to compete in them but I don't htink they have bikini in them. I was considering going for the "phsique" category but I don't know yet.

I have also found a bikini contest in Praguebut I don't think it is bodybuilding related so I don't know if I will do it. I need more details but I'm thinking it may be good practice?

Physique in Europe is typically bodybuilding, not figure.

SadFatty
06-26-2009, 03:07 AM
Physique in Europe is typically bodybuilding, not figure.

Thanks. I thought it was the lowest category...least muscular. I was looking at pictures but I thougth they were wearing high heels for physique. I will look into this further.

Tre
06-29-2009, 07:12 AM
Yeah, most of the events you see will be unrestricted or 'open'. Of course, you'd have to pay the appropriate membership fees to their organization and then the entry fees to the promoter, but once all that is taken care of, you'd be welcomed to compete.

How long are you going to be over there? Sounds like you'll have plenty of options. Good luck.