PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Potato Fries

v1hyp
06-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Who's had them and were they any good? I eat reg SP all the time but never tried these..

Jodie
06-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Oh these are awesome! Good stuff. I just have no clue how to make them.
Had them at the Host Hotel for NA's and there is a place here at home that makes them, but not near as good as the ones in Cleveland.

Peaceful28
06-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Who's had them and were they any good? I eat reg SP all the time but never tried these..

They are awesome! :p

I like this version ......

Ingredients:

Olive oil

Handful of fresh rosemary

1 tsp. chili powder

1 tsp. ground cumin

1 tsp. paprika

1 tsp. sea salt

1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

1 lb. sweet potatoes

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking sheet lightly wirth olive oil. Spread rosemary evenly on baking sheet. Mix together all ingredients except for sweet potatoes in a small bowl.

Thoroughly scrub sweet potatoes and pat dry. Slice off ends of potatoes and slice into fries. Place potatoes on top of rosemary. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Lightly drizzle with olive oil. Bake 20 minutes.

Stir fries and return to oven for 25 minutes or until golden. Makes 6 servings.

Nutritional information: Calories: 44, Protein: 1 g., Carbs: 13 g., Fat: 0 g.

basskiller
06-08-2009, 12:41 AM
we just made some on our grilling machine.. lightly coat with some EVOO and toss them on your george foreman grill.. taste great

Peaceful28
06-08-2009, 12:55 AM
we just made some on our grilling machine.. lightly coat with some EVOO and toss them on your george foreman grill.. taste great

Sounds yummy. I love my foreman grill. :p

I like them tossed with EVOO and baked in the oven as well. They are so sweet and even taste great with very little done to them.

hilly
06-08-2009, 04:29 AM
i like to chop them into wedges lightly spray with olive oil then sprinkle cinnamon over the top and bake/roast in the oven.

will have to try them on george foreman

v1hyp
06-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Thanks everyone for the input will give that recipe a try Peaceful28,, Thanks