PDA

View Full Version : Anna Starodubtseva training journal

anyastar
10-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Starting my training journal here, at RX muscles! I am excited to meet new friends with the same interests and to share my experience !!!

anyastar
10-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Having my final competition for this season on November 3, NPC Estern Show, very excited!! Dieting hard, training even harder! Off to my midday cardio...

The Prodigy
10-31-2012, 09:56 PM
WELCOME TO RX GIRL! I am sure you will find great support here and will learn a ton from these girls! Post some pics! Tell us about your competition background!

anyastar
11-01-2012, 12:23 PM
So NPC Easterns show was pushed back for two weeks, means two more weeks of dieting and hard training. I guess i'll have more time to prepare ))

anyastar
11-01-2012, 12:25 PM

Sunnyday
11-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Hi! Welcome to RX! Following along. :)

anyastar
11-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Thanks lady :yep:

anyastar
11-03-2012, 01:05 AM

The Prodigy
11-03-2012, 10:42 AM
So NPC Easterns show was pushed back for two weeks, means two more weeks of dieting and hard training. I guess i'll have more time to prepare ))

This has it's good and bad aspects! It looks like they are adding to it and making it even BETTER!

FitnBuf
11-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Welcome!!!!!! :)

FitSarah
11-03-2012, 03:55 PM
so whats your training and diet like right now?

Big Baldwin
11-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Have you had issues training/dieting due to Sandy?

anyastar
11-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Right now i am on my competition season, so my diet is very strict. Mostly protein, veggies, no milk, no cheese , very limited fruits amount, no sugar at all. I have done 4 competition for the past 2 months, so I am about to get crazy ;)). But I set the goal for myself and i'm moving according to plan and i am very proud of myself. This is a great self improvement, self discipline.
As far as training i do 3-4 cardio a week and 2-3 weight sessions. My last competition is on November 18. After that I'm changing my workout plan cardinally. Gotta put some muscles on by Arnold Classic amateur competition. If you are interested in details of my diet or some exercise tips let me know, ill provide some details :)

anyastar
11-03-2012, 10:54 PM
I haven't actually. I stock up with a lot of food, so that wasn't an issue. As far as workouts, my gym was only closed for one day, so i was doing my cardio outside, just running a lot every morning. So i was a little disappointed that Eastern's got rescheduled for two weeks later, cuz while my boyfriend( he is off season now) was stuffing his face with homemade muffins, i was eating my greens lol. But that's ok, ill have more time to work on my physic.
I think if you are really committed to something you'll find the way to keep going in any circumstances

anyastar
11-03-2012, 10:55 PM
I was just dieting so hard and found my way to workout event in those bad weather conditions :)

anyastar
11-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Due to the weather conditions the NPC Eastern Show was rescheduled for two weeks later, which means i have more time to prepare for this event. check out my new shoulders routine
Shoulder Workout:

Dumbbell Overhead Presses 3 Sets Reps per set: 15, 12, 10 Make sure you keep your abs tight and core stable. Go slow— two counts up and two counts down. Don’t arch your back to try and get the weights up. If your back is arching, grab some lighter dumbbells.

Dumbbell Side Raises with Bent Arms 4 Sets Reps: 18, 15, 12, 10 You can perform this exercise seated or standing. Again, keep good form. Don’t swing your arms (no heaving). Keep it slow— 2 counts up 3 counts down.

Dumbbell Front Raises 3 Sets Reps: 15, 12, 10 Raise one arm at a time, concentrated on squeezing the delt. Alternate arms, doing number of reps per arm. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart.

Machine Rear Delt Fly (also known as peck deck) 4 sets Reps: 18, 15, 12, 10 Sit facing machine, with your chest against the pad, and tight abs. 2 counts back, 2 counts forward. Retract the shoulder blades as you move your arms in a reverse fly motion. Keep your elbows up and focus on “pulling back” with your rear delts, not pushing back with your hands.

Seated Row Arms High (90 degrees of shoulder abduction) 3 sets Reps: 15, 12, 12 Grasp handles with palms facing down. Keep tempo 2 counts, retracting the shoulder blades, 3 counts release. Always keep your abs and glutes tight and your neck relaxed. If you ever have a problem with holding your form, lighten your weight and then finish your set.

anyastar
11-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Looking forward to finish off my competing season at November 18, it'll be my final show for this year, so far i did 4 and i'm pretty satisfied with the results. A year ago couldn't even imaging myself competing in a Bikini division, being on stage and dedicating my entire time to sport, i am doing it now however and i am very happy with my results. As i became part of this industry I have met so many great people, I discovered a lot of new thing about myself i didn't know before. Just wanted to say thank you to all people who was helping me at the beginning of my journey and who are still there for me. Although its just a beginning, and the most difficult part is not over yet, there is long way ahead for me in order to achieve all my goals, but I am so ready for that, because life - is a long road and i want my road to be full of adventures, obstacles, events, hardships and achievements.

AVBG
11-03-2012, 10:59 PM
добрый вечер Anna! And welcome :)

anyastar
11-03-2012, 11:52 PM
thank you!! И вам доброго )))

anyastar
11-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Е134870

AVBG
11-03-2012, 11:59 PM
thank you!! И вам доброго )))

добро пожаловать - иметь такой красоты среди нас, наша честь! ;)

anyastar
11-04-2012, 12:09 AM
i started competing 2,5 months ago :)))

anyastar
11-04-2012, 12:10 AM
one year of hard work

anyastar
11-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Vote for me on Bodybuilding.com :)) anyastar

AVBG
11-04-2012, 12:15 AM
^ wow - what a metamorphosis! (Admittedly you looked fine in the before pic)

anyastar
11-04-2012, 12:27 AM
My supplements ( 50% of what i have))

anyastar
11-04-2012, 12:34 AM
One year of hard work. I was always in a good shape (I thought so ), but now i know i wasn't 40 pounds less!!!

AVBG
11-04-2012, 12:39 AM
One year of hard work. I was always in a good shape (I thought so ), but now i know i wasn't 40 pounds less!!!

Nothin wrong with some curves, although the athletic look does more so suit you!

anyastar
11-04-2012, 12:41 AM
добро пожаловать - иметь такой красоты среди нас, наша честь! ;)

Nothin wrong with some curves, although the athletic look does more so suit you!

thank you, i just feel more comfortable like that, more like myself, enjoying my healthy lifestyle, setting up new goals, it's a great journey

anyastar
11-04-2012, 12:48 AM
At first they'll ask you Why are you doing it, but then they'll ask you How you did it...

AVBG
11-04-2012, 01:03 AM
At first they'll ask you Why are you doing it, but then they'll ask you How you did it...

Very true!

Big Barry
11-04-2012, 01:55 AM

Great quote... and slow progress produces the best, long lasting results too.

Can't believe you lot 40lb. lol .. well done... You look great!

Alex (AVBG) speaks fluent Russian so you should feel at home here. Welcome to RX!

anyastar
11-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Great quote... and slow progress produces the best, long lasting results too.

Can't believe you lot 40lb. lol .. well done... You look great!

Alex (AVBG) speaks fluent Russian so you should feel at home here. Welcome to RX!

Thank you ;))), trying to make my English better, so practice is always good , but of course i don't forget my roots :))). I'm glad to be here, around such a nice and interesting people.

anyastar
11-05-2012, 10:19 AM
How fitness changed my life;

#1 I used to spend my money on clothes and shoes, and my time on the debs floor NY night clubs, no I spent my money on supplements and gym clothes and my time ... In a gym.

#2 I used to by jeans size 6 and had a limited choice of styles, I have to hide some oft curves, now I by jeans size 0/xs and I get get any style I like

#3 I used to by ice cream if I had a bad mood or difficulties in my life, now sweat it out in a gym and make myself fluffy chocolate protein shake - Yum!!!!

#4 my mom is proud of me :))

#5 I don't see my friends very often anymore, I don't have time for that; but when we finally make a time to get together, I am so grateful that I have them in my life.

#6 I feel very much confident about myself, which makes me do things I would never be capable of doing before ( cuz I just thought it would never work out)

#7 I changed my career path and took completely new direction

#8 I met an amazing guy ( who is being lucky to be my boyfriend for 7 months ) :))

#9 I figured who is my real friend and who is Not ( people who takes sport seriously knows what I mean)

#10 I feel happy, strong, healthy and absolutely ( ok, maybe 90%) satisfied with my life :)

And I wish all the best to the people who is at the beginning of their fitness journey, who just thinking about of changing something in their life's , don't be afraid, just do it. You will never regret!!!

Peace, love...

Anna

anyastar
11-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Back day!!!

Big Barry
11-05-2012, 12:48 PM
#8 I met an amazing guy ( who is being lucky to be my boyfriend for 7 months ) :))

LOL...Keep telling him how lucky he is and don't let him forget it!

It's great you're keeping a journal here on RX... i'm sure it will be an inspiration to many of the women on here... and the men too, for different reasons! lol

anyastar
11-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Monday, 12 days out from NPC Eastern Show
8 a.m. woke upCaffeine 200mg, green tea extra , Bodybuilding.com Foundation Series Green Tea Extract, 100 Capsules (https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bodybuilding-supplements/green-tea-extract.html)
8:30 a.m. - High Intensity Interva; Training (HIIT) 60 Seconds Sprint/Fast Jog
120 Seconds Walk/Slow Jog.
9:30 a.m. – fluffy protein; Fish oil, alpha lipoic Acid 600mg, , Acetil L-Carnitine 500mg
One scupe of mayoFusion vanilla protein powder, raspberries, frozen cherryies, 1 Tbl spoon Flax seed meal, 6-7 ice cubes, blend together until smooth, Yum!!
11:30 a.m.– oatmeal, two egg whites, half of greapfruit, Tonaline , green tea extract
1:30 pm – chicken breast wrap with P28 bread, celery, arugula, 1 tbsp hummus, Tonaline CLA, BCAA, Glutamine ( 30 min after meal)
Back workout in a gym for 45 min
3:30p.m. – 10 almonds, protein shake, BCAA, Glutamine
5:00 pm – chicken breast, green beans, celery, spinach, 2 eggs whites, CLA Tonaline
8:00 p.m. salmon with steamed veggies
10:30 p.m. 3 Tbl spoons non fat cottage cheese, casein shake, Dreamweaver, advanced sleep formula ( GABA)

anyastar
11-06-2012, 11:22 AM
High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): Best Cardio to Burn Fat

by Marc Perry, CSCS, CPT (http://www.builtlean.com/author/marc-perry/) | June 4, 2010 | 119 comments (http://www.builtlean.com/2010/06/04/high-intensity-interval-training-hiit-best-cardio-to-burn-fat/#comments)

[*=center]
[*=center]
[*=center]
[*=center]Email
[*=center]http://builtlean.com/wp-content/themes/builtlean/images/print.pngPrint (http://www.printfriendly.com/)
[*=center]Share

When most people think of cardio, they think of long, boring jogs, or endless hours on the elliptical. I’ve got good news for you: there’s a method of cardio that takes much less time and is far superior to jogging to help you burn fat. It’s called High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and this article will give you the basics so you can take your body to a new fitness level.
The picture to the right shows an extreme example of the different training outcomes of a marathoner (“steady state” cardio) and sprinter (high intensity interval training cardio). While these people obviously have different body types and genetics, the photo is still revealing.
What is High Intensity Interval Training?

High Intensity Interval Training involves alternating between very intense bouts of exercise and low intensity exercise. For example, sprinting for 30 seconds, then walking for 60 seconds is high intensity interval training. HIIT can be used both anaerobically (in the gym with weights) and aerobically with cardio.
Why Is HIIT the Best Cardio to Burn Fat?

Exercise physiologists used to believe that “steady state” cardio was superior for fat loss because relatively more fat is used by the body as fuel at lower exercise intensities than at higher intensities. The “Fat Burning Zone” shown on most cardio equipment as only 60%-65% of max heart rate (http://www.builtlean.com/2010/05/25/how-to-calculate-your-max-heart-rate/) is really a myth and is NOT optimal for burning fat. Yes, you burn more fat relative to glycogen when going for a walk, but what we care about is total fat burn. At higher intensities, you are burning far more fat, even though the fat/glycogen ratio is lower. In addition, Interval training allows you to exercise at very high intensities for a much longer period of time than steady state, so you burn more fat.
As an added bonus, there’s also an afterburn effect (http://www.builtlean.com/2011/06/29/afterburn-effect-of-exercise-qa-with-dr-christopher-scott-phd/) known as EPOC (excess-post exercise oxygen consumption). You increase your metabolism (http://www.greatist.com/health/11-scientifically-proven-ways-to-boost-metabolism/) and burn more calories for up to 24 hours after interval training, whereas going for a jog burns almost NO calories after.
Other HIIT Benefits

There are a number of great benefits to High Intensity Interval Training besides serious fat burn that include:
• Increased Aerobic Capacity – The amount of oxygen your body can use (oxygen uptake) is increased, so your overall aerobic capacity can increase faster than with just jogging
• Increased Lactate Threshold – Your ability to handle increased lactic acid buildup in your muscles substantially increases
• Improved Insulin Sensitivity – Your muscles more readily suck in glucose, instead of the glucose going to your fat stores
• Anabolic Effect – Some studies show that interval training combined with consuming slightly more calories than you burn creates an anabolic effect, which helps you put on muscle without putting on fat. The opposite occurs with steady state cardio, which for long durations is catabolic, thus stripping away all that hard earned muscle you have (just see the picture of the marathoner above)
Sample HIIT Workout

If you are a beginner, I would recommend only trying HIIT if you can do a session of cardio for 20-30 minutes at 70-85% of your max heart rate (http://www.builtlean.com/2010/05/25/how-to-calculate-your-max-heart-rate/). You can still try interval training, but at a lower exercise intensity and beginners should always wear a heart rate monitor.
NOTE: Interval training should begin with a 3-5 minute warm up and end with a 3-5 minute cool down to prevent dizziness, or nausea.
Here’s a sample HIIT workout that’s simple, but effective:
60 Seconds Sprint/Fast Jog
120 Seconds Walk/Slow Jog
I do this HIIT workout all the time on a treadmill, elliptical, or outside. The duration of “work” is 60 seconds, and my “rest” is 120 seconds. The work/rest ratio in this case is 60/120, or 1 to 2. I shoot for 5-10 cycles, depending on the type of cardio I’m doing and if it’s right after strength training. The better shape you are in, the higher intensity you can handle and the higher the work/rest ratio. For example, well trained athletes can use a 2 to 1 work /rest ratio, so they are sprinting for 120 seconds and only resting for 60 seconds. That’s tough!

anyastar
11-06-2012, 11:23 AM
8 a.m. woke up

Caffeine 200mg, green tea extra , Bodybuilding.com Foundation Series Green Tea Extract, 100 Capsules (https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bodybuilding-supplements/green-tea-extract.html)

9:30 a.m. – fluffy protein; Fish oil, alpha lipoic Acid 600mg, , Acetil L-Carnitine 500mg
One scupe of mayoFusion vanilla protein powder, raspberries, frozen cherryies, 1 Tbl spoon Flax seed meal, 6-7 ice cubes, blend together until smooth, Yum!!
11:30 a.m.– oatmeal, two egg whites, half of greapfruit, Tonaline , green tea extract
1:30 pm – chicken breast wrap with P28 bread, celery, arugula, 1 tbsp hummus, Tonaline CLA, BCAA, Glutamine ( 30 min after meal)
5:00 pm – chicken breast, green beans, celery, spinach, 2 eggs whites, CLA Tonaline
10:30 p.m. 3 Tbl spoons non fat cottage cheese, casein shake, Dreamweaver, advanced sleep formula ( GABA)

anyastar
11-06-2012, 11:25 AM
8 a.m. woke upCaffeine 200mg, green tea extra , Bodybuilding.com Foundation Series Green Tea Extract, 100 Capsules (https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bodybuilding-supplements/green-tea-extract.html)

anyastar
11-06-2012, 11:33 AM

anyastar
11-06-2012, 11:33 AM
8 a.m. woke upCaffeine 200mg, green tea extra , Green Tea Extract, 100 Capsules (https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bodybuilding-supplements/green-tea-extract.html)

anyastar
11-06-2012, 11:34 AM
8 a.m. woke upCaffeine 200mg, green tea extra , Green Tea Extract, 100 Capsules (https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bodybuilding-supplements/green-tea-extract.html)

anyastar
11-06-2012, 11:35 AM
LOL...Keep telling him how lucky he is and don't let him forget it!

It's great you're keeping a journal here on RX... i'm sure it will be an inspiration to many of the women on here... and the men too, for different reasons! lol

I will Lol!!!
And thank you for your support ;))

anyastar
11-06-2012, 12:38 PM

anyastar
11-06-2012, 12:40 PM
8 a.m. woke up
Caffeine 200mg, green tea extra , Bodybuilding.com Foundation Series Green Tea Extract, 100 Capsules

AVBG
11-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Good work Anna! One day at a time to the end result!

Sunnyday
11-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Great stuff going on in here! Very inspiring! :)

anyastar
11-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Great stuff going on in here! Very inspiring! :)

Thank you, Sunnyday ;), more to come!!

anyastar
11-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Had an very productive shoulders workout today with my bf/ trainer. Taking off to Atlanta tomorrow morning to support all the competitors. See you there!!!

anyastar
11-23-2012, 06:39 PM
I hope everybody had a nice turkey day. So today is time to shake it up a little bit.
Here is some holiday workout for you, ladies.

Knee ups - 30 reps
jumping Jacks - 50 reps
Mountain climbing - 30 reps
weight squats (24 lbs barbell) - 20 reps, weightless squats 10 reps
Reverse lunges - 10 reps each leg
Push ups - 20 reps
Weight Sit ups - 20 reps

3 min rest
3 sets

Finish it up with 30 min treadmeal sprint
4 min running, 6.0 speed, 1.0 incline
4 min walk, speed 4.0, 6.0 incline
30 sec run 9.0 , 30 sec walk 4.0 ( 7-8 reps)
10 min walk 11 incline, 4.0 speed.

Don't forget to drink 6-8 glasses of water throughout the day.
Enjoy your workout :)

The Prodigy
11-24-2012, 10:56 AM
I hope everybody had a nice turkey day. So today is time to shake it up a little bit.

Knee ups - 30 reps
jumping Jacks - 50 reps
Push ups - 20 reps
Weight Sit ups - 20 reps

3 min rest
3 sets

I have the worst trouble with the water thing! With my job I can't use the bathroom whenever I want to, and I don't want to hold it for hours...so I don't drink enough! Maybe I should start wearing diapers!

anyastar
11-24-2012, 11:22 AM

Knee ups - 30 reps
jumping Jacks - 50 reps
Push ups - 20 reps
Weight Sit ups - 20 reps

3 min rest
3 sets

anyastar
11-24-2012, 11:23 AM
There is one of my Kicking but routing, I really like this one;
30 wide squats, 10 reverse lunges to warm up
Leg extensions 4 sets / 15 reps
Leg curls 4 sets / 15 reps
Leg Press (40 lbs each side) 3 sets / 20 reps - Superset with the smith machine lunges (25 lbs each side) 3 reps, / 15 sets
One leg squats 3 sets / 15 reps - Superset with stuffed legged dead lifts 3 sets/ 20 reps
Wide sumo squats holding dumbbell ( 40 lbs) 3 sets/ 20 reps - Superset with pop squats 3 sets/ 20 reps
Kill it with 20 min bicycle ride… and enjoy your sexy butt

anyastar
11-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Monday:
Two glasses of water 20 min before breakfast,
Meal 1: oatmeal (I put one spoon of Ultra Fiber DX), two egg whites, half of grapefruit or any other fruit or berries. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it has to have a carbs, protein and little bit of healthy fats; it gives you energy for the whole day, so you CANNOT skip it.
I have my work out in about an hour after the breakfast.
Meal 2: protein shake right after workout ( I usually make my shake with water or add a little bit of almond milk)
Meal 3: Chicken breast, med size sweet potato, green veggies
Meal 4: tilapia or salmon or any other fish, black rice, broccoli
Meal 5: green bean salad with non fat feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, arugula and balsamic vinegar dressing.
Meal 6: only if still hungry casein shake or 2 Tbl spoons cottage cheese.

Tuesday
Meal 1: oatmeal, two egg whites, grapefruit
Workout
Meal 2: protein shake right after the workout
Meal 3: Grilled chicken Brest, black rice, green salad
Meal 4: veggie burger, spinach salad
Meal 5: P28 bread, hummus, arugula, two egg whites, celery sandwich
Meal 6: four tbl spoons of cottage cheese, berries

Wednesday
Cardio on empty stomach
Meal 1: protein pancakes (2 egg whites, cottages cheese, flax seed meal, coconut flour, raspberries, oat bran, and baking soda)
Meal 2: protein shake ( 6-7 spinach leaves, 2-3 mint leaves, almond milk, 5-6 ice cubes, chocolate protein powder by Optimum Nutrition)
Meal 3: chicken Brest, backed sweet potato chips
Meal 4: two rice cakes with almond butter
Meal 5: white fish, broccoli
Meal 6: casein protein shake

Thursday:
Meal 1: egg white omelet with cherry tomatoes, white mushrooms, parsley
Workout
Meal 2: shake (banana, strawberry, flaxseed meal, almond milk)
Meal 3: chicken Brest, black rice, asparagus
Meal 4: green beans salad, cherry tomatoes, arugula, fat free feta cheese, balsamic vinegar, and oven baked tofu, homemade sweet potato chips
Meal 5: P28 bread sandwich with almond butter
Meal 6: whole grain pasta with broccoli and cherry tomatoes

Friday :
Workout
Meal 2: shake
Meal 3: homemade oatmeal sugar free cookies with almond butter
Meal 4: chicken Brest, sweet potato
Meal 5: bison burger with green salad
Meal 6: cottage cheese, fruits

Saturday
Cardio workout on empty stomach
Meal 1: egg frittata with mushrooms, tomatoes, asparagus, sweet potato baked homemade chips
Meal 2: BSN desert chocolate protein powder, Greek cheese, almonds, flaxseed meal, almond milk (mix in blender with 2-3 ice cubes, leave in a fridge for 30 min) yam
Meal 3: chicken Brest, black rice, Brussels sprouts
Meal 4: P28 bread, hummus, arugula, two egg whites, celery sandwich
Meal 5: tofu salad
Meal 6: celery, honey mustard, cucumber, Greek yogurt salad
Sunday:
Off from the gym
Meal 1: protein pancakes with blueberries and almonds
Meal 2: meal replacement protein shake (Banana, peanut butter, almond milk, flaxseed meal), Homemade granola bar
Meal 3: salad with grilled chicken
Meal 4: Cheat meal (usually its pasta or frozen yogurt)

anyastar
11-30-2012, 12:23 AM
Morning; Multi vitamins for active women Opti-women by Optimum Nutrition (2 capsules)
Fish oil by bodybuilding.com (1 capsule)
Alpha-Lipoic acid 600 mg (1 capsule)
Green tea extract 500 mg by bodybuilding.com (1 capsule)
Acetyl L-Carnitine by Dymatize (1 capsule)

BCAA 3:1:2 by Muscle Pharm (4 capsules 40 min before workout)
Glutamine by Optimum Nutrition (2 capsules 40 min before workout)
Pre-workout- N.O.- Xplode advance strength by BSN (fruit punch my favorite)
Caffein 200 by Bodybuilding.com ( before cardio workout only and one capsule after)
Aminolast by Gaspari Nutrition sipping throughout my workout

Protein shake (Myo Fusion probiotic series by Gaspari nutrition cinnamon ball is my favorite) right after workout with
BCAA 3:1:2 by Muscle Pharm (4 capsules)
Glutamine by Optimum Nutrition (2 capsules)

CLA Myoleptin 1500 by Met-RX with my meals, 3-4 times a day

After dinner I have Fish oil by bodybuilding.com (1 capsule)

Before go to bed I usually have Casein shake, I have two favorite ones (Optimum Nutrition raspberry cream and Bodybuilding.com cookies and cream), I always blend it with 4-5 ice cubes and water( or almond milk), it’s like a little desert for me before bed, delicious.

Dreamweaver 40 min before bad, helps me to relax before bed, promote a good sleep, enhances tissue repair. The main component is GABA, which is an important chemical within the human brain. It is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, and as such it serves the brain by regulating the firing of neurons. It Increase in the level of Human Growth Hormones (HGH),induces relaxation and sleep, reduces muscle tension, reduces stress, anxiety and depression, promotes well being.

anyastar
11-30-2012, 12:24 AM
That's how my contest preparation diet looks like
Monday:
Two glasses of water 20 min before breakfast,
Meal 1: oatmeal (I put one spoon of Ultra Fiber DX), two egg whites, half of grapefruit or any other fruit or berries. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it has to have a carbs, protein and little bit of healthy fats; it gives you energy for the whole day, so you CANNOT skip it.
I have my work out in about an hour after the breakfast.
Meal 2: protein shake right after workout ( I usually make my shake with water or add a little bit of almond milk)
Meal 3: Chicken breast, med size sweet potato, green veggies
Meal 4: tilapia or salmon or any other fish, black rice, broccoli
Meal 5: green bean salad with non fat feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, arugula and balsamic vinegar dressing.
Meal 6: only if still hungry casein shake or 2 Tbl spoons cottage cheese.

Tuesday
Workout
Meal 2: protein shake right after the workout
Meal 3: Grilled chicken Brest, black rice, green salad
Meal 4: veggie burger, spinach salad
Meal 5: P28 bread, hummus, arugula, two egg whites, celery sandwich
Meal 6: Three tbl spoons of cottage cheese, berries

Wednesday
Cardio on empty stomach
Meal 1: protein pancakes (2 egg whites, cottages cheese, flax seed meal, coconut flour, raspberries, oat bran, and baking soda)
Meal 2: protein shake ( 6-7 spinach leaves, 2-3 mint leaves, almond milk, 5-6 ice cubes, chocolate protein powder by Optimum Nutrition)
Meal 3: chicken Brest, backed sweet potato chips
Meal 4: two rice cakes with almond butter
Meal 5: white fish, broccoli
Meal 6: casein protein shake

Thursday:
Meal 1: egg white omelet with cherry tomatoes, white mushrooms, parsley
Workout
Meal 2: shake (banana, strawberry, flaxseed meal, almond milk)
Meal 3: chicken Brest, black rice, asparagus
Meal 4: green beans salad, cherry tomatoes, arugula, fat free feta cheese, balsamic vinegar, and oven baked tofu, homemade sweet potato chips
Meal 5: P28 bread sandwich with almond butter
Meal 6: whole grain pasta with broccoli and cherry tomatoes

Friday :
Workout
Meal 2: shake
Meal 3: homemade oatmeal sugar free cookies with almond butter
Meal 4: chicken Brest, sweet potato
Meal 5: bison burger with green salad
Meal 6: cottage cheese, fruits

Saturday
Cardio workout on empty stomach
Meal 1: egg frittata with mushrooms, tomatoes, asparagus, sweet potato baked homemade chips
Meal 2: BSN desert chocolate protein powder, Greek cheese, almonds, flaxseed meal, almond milk (mix in blender with 2-3 ice cubes, leave in a fridge for 30 min) yam
Meal 3: chicken Brest, black rice, Brussels sprouts
Meal 4: P28 bread, hummus, arugula, two egg whites, celery sandwich
Meal 5: tofu salad
Meal 6: celery, honey mustard, cucumber, Greek yogurt salad
Sunday:
Off from the gym
Meal 1: protein pancakes with blueberries and almonds
Meal 2: meal replacement protein shake (Banana, peanut butter, almond milk, flaxseed meal), Homemade granola bar
Meal 3: salad with grilled chicken
Meal 4: Cheat meal (usually its pasta or frozen yogurt)

anyastar
11-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Love this workout
Butty

Lunges – 15 reps / 12,5 lbs dumbbell, 10 reps 15 lbs dumbbell, 10 reps 20 lbs dumbbell, 20 reps weightless
Step ups with the dumbbell (20 lbs) 3 sets/ 10 reps each leg
Smith machine squats 15 reps (20 lbs), 12 reps (40 lbs), 10 reps (60 lbs), 10 reps (60 lbs)
Superset with weight less dip squats – 4 sets/ 10 reps
Overhead Barbell squats (40 lbs) 3 sets/ 10 reps – superset with front barbell squats (40 lbs) 3 sets/ 10 reps
Single leg glut bridge on bench 3 sets, 10 reps each leg superset with Legs glut bridge on bench with 25 lbs plate 3 sets/ 10 reps
20 min Bicycle ride

anyastar
11-30-2012, 12:26 AM
working on my back- for some reason it's my favorite body part to train
Back
Small grip pull ups – 3 sets / 12 reps
Barbell dead lift 3 sets/ 12 reps
Bent over row, Barbell (45 Lbs) 3 sets / 12 reps superset with bent over row, Barbell( 45 Lbs), reverse grip 3 sets/12 reps
Lut puldown wide grip 4 sets/ 15 reps – 40lbs, 12 reps- 50lbs, 10 reps- 60lbs, 7 reps – 70 lbs
Dumbbell raw ( 20 lbs) 3 sets/ 15 reps
Cable raw seated 3 sets / 15 reps – 50lbs, 12 reps – 60 lbs, 10 reps – 70lbs
Hyperextensions with 25 lbs plate – 3 sets/ 15 reps
Wide grip pull ups – 3 sets/ 10 reps

anyastar
11-30-2012, 12:27 AM

anyastar
11-30-2012, 12:42 AM
“Just because you fail once, it doesn’t mean you are going to fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” Marilyn Monroe

anyastar
11-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Little tip for all ladies who have a sweet tooth likes self but wants to stay in a good shape; get organic unsweetened cocoa powder, 0 sugars, mix one spoon with a cup of skim or almond milk, add 1/4 spoon of stevia and enjoy delicious and healthy hot chocolate ;)

anyastar
12-18-2012, 11:39 AM
So I am officially off season for like a month already. It feels so good to have my regular life back, friends and family time. But i also work out my ass of at the gym, trying to develop my upper body for the next competition season. I'm trying to get mass for the first time in my life, little weird for me, because before that a have always been trying to loose weight, but I def like the experience. Although I cant wait till the middle of the January, when i start to change my work out routine and my diet towards leaning out and showing off those ABS ;)

Big Barry
12-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Going by the pics you posted Marilyn Monroe's got nothing on you! lol

You should post more pics, Anna... This pic is beautiful:-

http://cs410616.userapi.com/v410616113/1e05/8hFi2NNxqF4.jpg

Big Barry
12-18-2012, 12:25 PM
http://cs410616.userapi.com/v410616113/1e16/iVsiKOiTGMc.jpg

http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/newgallery/IMG_0675_CDEURLDYMP.jpg

http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/newgallery/IMG_0680_DDVTRFFELS.jpg

Big Barry
12-18-2012, 12:25 PM
I think i'm going to overheat! LOL

anyastar
12-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Oh wow, thank you, Big Barry. I def will ;)). Have some new once coming up soon

anyastar
12-19-2012, 03:59 PM
5 months progress. Working hard towards my next show Arnold Classic in march 2013

Big Barry
12-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Wow... You look fantastic. That's my favorite pose. lol

I hope you do very well at the Arnold... the audience are in for a treat that's for sure!

anyastar
01-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Trying to grow those shoulders so bad! Have 9 more weeks left till Arnold Classic Show.
starting new routing today;

Dumbbell ( or barbell) seated press - 4 sets/ 12 reps
Standing side lateral Dumbbell Raise 3 sets/ 12 reps
Superset with Rear Lateral Fly 3 sets/ 12 reps
Standing side lateral Dumbbell Raise Superset with Rear-delt machine Fly 3 sets / 12 reps
Standing Barbell behind-the-neck Press 3 sets/ 12 reps

Excited to try this routine! I stole it from Juan Morel by the way ;)

anyastar
01-05-2013, 11:20 PM
It's been a great holiday season for me, but it's time to go back to gym.
After this leg workout I am soaking up in a bath and can't move any single part oft body lol
Warm up
20 jumping jacks / 2 sets
20 step ups with raising knee / 2 sets
Smith machine reverse lunges 15 reps ( 10 lbs each side)
10 reps ( 20 lbs each side)
8 reps ( 30 lbs each side)
6 reps ( 20 lbs each side)
6 reps ( 10 lbs each side)

Leg press
15 reps ( 25 plates each side)
12 reps ( 50 lbs plates each side)
10 reps ( 75 lbs each side)
6 reps ( 85 lbs plates each side)
6 reps ( 50 lbs)
6 reps ( 25 lbs)

Single leg press 8 reps / 3 sets ( light weight)

Smith machine squats
15 reps ( 15 lbs each side)
10 reps ( 25 lbs each side)
8 reps ( 35 lbs each side)
6 reps ( 45 lbs each side)
8 reps ( 35)
8 reps ( 25)
8 reps (15)
20 reps weightless squats

Wide summo squats with dumbbell
15 reps ( 45 lbs )
12 reps (55 lbs)
10 reps ( 65 lbs)
8 reps ( 76 lbs)

The inner/outer tight machine
15 reps ( 65 lbs)
12 reps ( 75 lbs)
10 reps ( 95 lbs)
6 reps ( 85lbs)
6 reps (75 lbs)
10 reps (45lbs)

Hanging knee raises
12 reps ( 4 sets)
Very slow motion

Crunches
12 reps ( 4 sets)
Very slow motion

And the final part

20 min step machine cardio
Make it sprint
4 min walking speed ( about 100 steps per min
1 min running ( 190 steps per minute)
This way you won't burn the muscles at all, but increase your metabolism and burn some extra calories

anyastar
01-05-2013, 11:23 PM

IslandGirl
01-06-2013, 01:31 AM
Best of luck at the Arnold! You look great! I'll be rooting for you!

anyastar
01-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Thank you, IslandGirl. appreciate your support

anyastar
01-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Trying to grow those shoulders so bad! Have 9 more weeks left.
starting new routing today;

Dumbbell ( or barbell) seated press - 4 sets/ 12 reps
Standing side lateral Dumbbell Raise 3 sets/ 12 reps
Superset with Rear Lateral Fly 3 sets/ 12 reps
Standing side lateral Dumbbell Raise Superset with Rear-delt machine Fly 3 sets / 12 reps
Standing Barbell behind-the-neck Press 3 sets/ 12 reps

Excited to try this routine! I stole it from Juan Morel by the way ;)

Big Barry
01-07-2013, 09:25 PM

This is my favorite thread on RX. lol. Great pics!

Stealing Juan Morel's shoulder routine was good idea. It's interesting the he still performs Presses Behind the Neck. Hardly anybody does it these days. I used to love that exercise but stopped it because of all the injury reports. I'm going to add it back into my training... it works and I never had an issue with it, injury-wise. I think people with dodgy form gave it a bad name by getting hurt.

Keep up the good work, Anna!

anyastar
01-09-2013, 12:45 PM
This is my favorite thread on RX. lol. Great pics!

Stealing Juan Morel's shoulder routine was good idea. It's interesting the he still performs Presses Behind the Neck. Hardly anybody does it these days. I used to love that exercise but stopped it because of all the injury reports. I'm going to add it back into my training... it works and I never had an issue with it, injury-wise. I think people with dodgy form gave it a bad name by getting hurt.

Keep up the good work, Anna!

thank you. Yea , i never did that too. but his explanation about this excersize was so convincing so i decided to try and i love it! shoulders are my targeting spot now, i'm working hard on developing those for my next show, and his routine is great, i love it. the best one i have done so far. I feel them growing while im working out lol
thanks for support ;)

anyastar
01-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Well, the off season time is officially over. Came back to my strict diet a week ago. Feel great, starting to see my abs a little bit :)
This month will be tough, dieting, but training very hard. hopefully Arnold Classic judges will appreciate my effort.
Who else is getting ready for Arnold Show in march?

anyastar
01-11-2013, 12:35 PM
So this time I decided to take my contest preparation for a different level.
I'm gonna right down all my meals and count the nutrition value and calorie intake each meal and see how my body reacts and changes throughout that time.
My goal is to gain as much muscles as possible, but to stay lean at the same time.
If you are trying to loose weight, or just want to stay healthy and fit take a few extra minutes and keep truck of what you are eating, it might be little too complicated at the beginning, but you'll get used to it in a week or so and you'll love the result.

Dont forget, you calories, carbs and protein intake depends on your lifestyle and your workout routine; active person suppose to take 6-10 g carbs / 1 kg depending on how active you are ( i would suggest 50-60g with each meal), don't forget the fiber- 25 g a day.
Recommended protein intake for athletes and exercisers 1to 2 g per kg, depending on the goal ( 15-30% of calorie intake daily)

Calorie intake depends on how active you are and what your goals are.
In my case i stay with 2000 calories a day, my goal is to get lean mass, so i limit my fats, eat high protein food, moderate my carb intake.
When i have day off from the gym i limit my carb intake and trying to stick with my chicken breast, tilapia and green veggies and healthy fats, such a avocado.
Days when i have weight workout i eat 40-50 g of carbs almost each meal with my protein, this way i have enough energy to workout and push myself to the limit.

P.S.
It's easy to be fit and healthy, just a little bit of desire, drop of motivation, piece of dedication and a good slice of knowledge (not pizza) lol
Good luck

Sunnyday
01-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Well, the off season time is officially over. Came back to my strict diet a week ago. Feel great, starting to see my abs a little bit :)
This month will be tough, dieting, but training very hard. hopefully Arnold Classic judges will appreciate my effort.
Who else is getting ready for Arnold Show in march?

Lada (aka Brownwyn) is also planning on doing the Arnold. Good luck with your prep!

anyastar
01-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Thank you, Sunnyday! will do my best. Hope to see more girls over there from our comunity ;)

Lada (aka Brownwyn) is also planning on doing the Arnold. Good luck with your prep!

MarinaRy
01-22-2013, 07:03 AM
Privet Anna!
I'm going to Arnold's as well but just to watch and cheer you!
The best of luck! You definitely deserve PRO Card!!!

sce0027
01-22-2013, 10:59 AM
So this time I decided to take my contest preparation for a different level.
I'm gonna right down all my meals and count the nutrition value and calorie intake each meal and see how my body reacts and changes throughout that time.
My goal is to gain as much muscles as possible, but to stay lean at the same time.
If you are trying to loose weight, or just want to stay healthy and fit take a few extra minutes and keep truck of what you are eating, it might be little too complicated at the beginning, but you'll get used to it in a week or so and you'll love the result.

Dont forget, you calories, carbs and protein intake depends on your lifestyle and your workout routine; active person suppose to take 6-10 g carbs / 1 kg depending on how active you are ( i would suggest 50-60g with each meal), don't forget the fiber- 25 g a day.
Recommended protein intake for athletes and exercisers 1to 2 g per kg, depending on the goal ( 15-30% of calorie intake daily)

Calorie intake depends on how active you are and what your goals are.
In my case i stay with 2000 calories a day, my goal is to get lean mass, so i limit my fats, eat high protein food, moderate my carb intake.
When i have day off from the gym i limit my carb intake and trying to stick with my chicken breast, tilapia and green veggies and healthy fats, such a avocado.
Days when i have weight workout i eat 40-50 g of carbs almost each meal with my protein, this way i have enough energy to workout and push myself to the limit.

P.S.
It's easy to be fit and healthy, just a little bit of desire, drop of motivation, piece of dedication and a good slice of knowledge (not pizza) lol
Good luck

Thanks for the motivation this morning! Good luck at the Arnold as well! I can't wait to see the contest pics from the show! Have a good day!

anyastar
01-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Privet Anna!
I'm going to Arnold's as well but just to watch and cheer you!
The best of luck! You definitely deserve PRO Card!!!
thats a great news!!!! You can't imagine how much it means for me. Looking forward to see you there. ;))

anyastar
01-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the motivation this morning! Good luck at the Arnold as well! I can't wait to see the contest pics from the show! Have a good day!

Thanks a lot. I am very happy to be helpfull and if my example gives someone a motivation, means my goal is achieved :)))
Good luck with your fitness goals.

anyastar
01-24-2013, 05:17 PM
I am ecstatic and honored to be the newest Member of team SHREDZ! Looking forward to a long and exciting journey ahead and bright future with Beyond Genetics and my new team.
Check out my web site
Anna.getshredz.com

anyastar
01-24-2013, 05:17 PM

anyastar
01-24-2013, 05:20 PM
At NYSC before the workout... Getting ready for the Arnold, can't wait to get my abs back :yep:141469

anyastar
01-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Thank you literallylean.com for the feature

http://literallylean.com/anna-starodubtseva-interview-npc-bikini-competitor-fitness-model (http://literallylean.com/anna-starodubtseva-interview-npc-bikini-competitor-fitness-model/)/

anyastar
01-25-2013, 10:05 PM

anyastar
02-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Prepping for the Arnold Classic, 4 weeks out

Sunnyday
02-04-2013, 08:51 AM
You look great! How are you feeling?

anyastar
02-04-2013, 09:06 PM
You look great! How are you feeling?
Thank you. It's the first time I was experiencing an off season time. Was trying to develop my upper body as much as possible. I took a risk and didn’t do cardio until I was 5 weeks out, and I think I am little behind as far as leaning out. I think I'm not lean enough for 4 weeks out and I'm not happy with my glutes improvement ;(
Cutting out carbs already, just want to make sure I'll get in best shape by the Show time.
As far as work out I do cardio 6 days a week in a morning and weights 4 days a week later on the day. I hope I'm doing everything right, this show is very important for me. Any advises will be greatly appreciated

Big Barry
03-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Congratulations on your amazing win!

Big Barry
03-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Arnold Amateur
------------------

Bikini

Class A
1. Caryn Paolini, USA
2. Maria Durzo, Mexico
3. Wany Reyes, Dominican Republic
4. Michelle Kling, USA
5. Jennifer Tortman, Canada

Class B
1. Marisa Gutierrez, Spain
2. Visintainer Roberta, Italy
3. Samantha Leete, USA
4. Pauline Marshall, USA
5. Lesley Bimonte, USA

Class C
1. Martine Gauthier, Canada
2. Gabrielle Ahmed, Canada
3. Julie Royer, Canada
4. Jade Mackinnon, New Zealand
5. Hannah McMahon, USA

Class D
1. Ashley Pfaff, USA
2. Timea Varoa, Hungary
3. Nina Silic, Australia
4. Pricilla Verona, USA
5. Miroslava Reese, USA

Class F
1. Anna Starodubtseva, Russia
2. Amy Orzechowski, USA
3. Kathrin Hollmann, Germany
4. Melissa Haywood, UK
5. Sybil Nasser, USA

BIKINI OVERALL: ANNA STARODUBTSEVA (RUSSIA)

Sunnyday
03-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Congrats on your win! You looked awesome! :cheerleader:

Mac
03-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Congratulations. You nailed it for the win.

heavyiron
03-02-2013, 10:44 PM
WOOT!

Great work!

Big Baldwin
03-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Congrats on the win!!!

~Maz~
03-03-2013, 05:36 AM
~ Congratulations on the win!! ~ :hugme:

Sandpig
03-03-2013, 07:40 AM
Awesome job. Congrats

Aaron Singerman
03-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Congrats!!

The Prodigy
03-03-2013, 06:39 PM
SOOOOO proud of you lady! You rocked it! I KNEW you could do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

anyastar
03-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Congrats!!
Thanks a lot! It was a crazy,yet the best weekend in my life :)

anyastar
03-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Thank you very much everybody!

guruhonza
03-09-2013, 12:53 AM
You looked great Anna. No doubt you'll do great in pro bikini

The Prodigy
03-13-2013, 08:17 AM
Congrats lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyastar
03-22-2013, 02:43 AM
Congrats lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! Getting ready for my first pro show in May. So nerves. Can't believe I'll be on one stage with all this famouse pro girls. So intimidated

Laurie Schnelle
03-22-2013, 10:48 AM
congrats.. beautiful.. what show in may