PDA

View Full Version : Tummy tucks

steelhead
06-08-2009, 09:38 PM
I have went from 27% BF to 4.0 at my second contest. Here is the issue I have some sagingin the lower ab area. I am 51 will it tighten up on its own or will I need a tummy tuck. What is the recovery time for this procedure ?:rolleyes:

GaJoe
07-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Steel, I just had the same thing happen...lost 74 lbs for a contest and the loose skin cost me....other input would be great...not sure if I should stay lean for a year and see what happens or go get it "fixed"? Tanning seems to help imo.

Dr Blau
10-30-2009, 11:42 AM
I have went from 27% BF to 4.0 at my second contest. Here is the issue I have some sagingin the lower ab area. I am 51 will it tighten up on its own or will I need a tummy tuck. What is the recovery time for this procedure ?:rolleyes:

Tummy tuck is a common surgery and improves loose skin and muscle. Recovery time for this procedure is about 2 weeks.

SwollNMember
04-19-2010, 01:57 AM
Tummy tuck is a common surgery and improves loose skin and muscle. Recovery time for this procedure is about 2 weeks.

Recovery to the point you can start training again?

tight booty
04-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Recovery to the point you can start training again?
In most cases surgeons recommend waiting 6 weeks before a person can train.

Chadstallion
04-20-2010, 10:31 AM
the big question on the tummy tuck issue is 'what is the scar going to look like' ? I crescent shaped incision across the lower ab might be more than some people want to have seen in public, or up close .lol

MeatHead4Life
06-15-2010, 07:25 PM
I actually just had a tummy tuck performed two weeks ago and I am still insanely swollen.

Went from 300 lbs. to a shredded 210 lbs. at 8% bf.

my midsection was really tight, but a small layer of loose skin on my lower abs, and some really deep stretchmarks on my stomach just ruins the whole damn package.

Not training is driving me up a wall, lol. But I guess I have to learn to love it for the next 6 weeks.

Chadstallion
06-16-2010, 08:25 AM
I actually just had a tummy tuck performed two weeks ago and I am still insanely swollen.

Went from 300 lbs. to a shredded 210 lbs. at 8% bf.

my midsection was really tight, but a small layer of loose skin on my lower abs, and some really deep stretchmarks on my stomach just ruins the whole damn package.

Not training is driving me up a wall, lol. But I guess I have to learn to love it for the next 6 weeks.

what kind of scar? where? how big and or long?

GirlyMuscle
06-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Usually the scar is like a smiley face and runs where your underwear line is. I'd much rather have a scar than hanging loose skin and stretch marks.

MeatHead4Life
06-16-2010, 12:04 PM
The scar is pretty damn long.... from hip to hip. But the Dr places it super low, it wouldn't show if u'r wearing underwear or swim trunks.

even though I'm all swollen, I can already tell this is gonna look awesome when it's all done. the stretchmarks are practically all gone, which is something that I never thought would be possible.

dsyndrome
07-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Got my surgery coming up in 13 days, I went from 291 to 170 last summer and am now at a pretty damn lean 180, lots of loose skin on lower abs, 1/2 tummy tuck, doc says no lypo and should be able to lift in 2 weeks, we will have to see. You can follow my diet and progress in chem section diaries under cutting cycle, should have after pics in a few weeks.