PDA

View Full Version : Too soon for the stage

Leni101%Natural
06-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Ok this may be a bit of a rant but hey. I may be being a bit overly critical but this is definitely an issue where I come from. I think too many people are jumping on stage too soon and not waiting/training long enough to put the size on. I feel a lot of people seem to think”hey it’s a natural comp, I don’t need to be big, just peeled (even if it is a case of looking emaciated)”. I mean if a guy on gear takes whatever number of years before he’s ready to compete, in theory a guy whose natural should be even longer right? Then you show people pictures of natural shows and they see half the guys and say “the looked ripped not muscular”. And I don’t think it’s a case of just not everyone having the genetics to get to a certain size, I’ve seen guys having to work like crazy at the gym and eat and supplement right for some good years but with time they get to a good size for their frame, it just takes time
Too many people want the results too fast.

MsGuns
06-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Find a pic of a too soon guy and a just right guy and post them.

Caleb56
06-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Ok this may be a bit of a rant but hey. I may be being a bit overly critical but this is definitely an issue where I come from. I think too many people are jumping on stage too soon and not waiting/training long enough to put the size on. I feel a lot of people seem to think”hey it’s a natural comp, I don’t need to be big, just peeled (even if it is a case of looking emaciated)”. I mean if a guy on gear takes whatever number of years before he’s ready to compete, in theory a guy whose natural should be even longer right? Then you show people pictures of natural shows and they see half the guys and say “the looked ripped not muscular”. And I don’t think it’s a case of just not everyone having the genetics to get to a certain size, I’ve seen guys having to work like crazy at the gym and eat and supplement right for some good years but with time they get to a good size for their frame, it just takes time
Very interesting, and true. I myself am looking to compete in 2 years time to give myself time to grow. I dont want to be a one trick pony. :popcorn:

slackadjuster
06-10-2009, 05:03 PM
I say bring em on. More money to promote more shows. If people stop doing shows...they stop having shows. IMO. There is always someone who shouldn't be up there....It was me once. (or twice)

fatbackgoal
06-10-2009, 07:03 PM
I can see where you are coming from but at the same time maybe that person getting on stage is doing it to fulfill a personal quest. I am sure that when I step on stage there will be people that say "he should have waited" but you could say that all the time and never hit the stage. I think it would be the same as someone running a 5k for the first time. You are really seeing if you can do it, then later on you work toward getting better.

matt1005
06-10-2009, 09:59 PM
I understand your beef. I guess I don't have a problem with naturals not having the size. I know I have make a pact with myself that I would not compete every year. Maybe every other and give myself time to improve. It has paid off.

Here I my beef. When I go to natural shows, I only find a select few guys that are actually in condition. That is something everybody "should" be able to do reguardless of the muscle they have. They don't do their homework.