PDA

View Full Version : New For 2013 Teen Collegiate Masters Nationals

GerryT
11-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Sorry for posting drought. Hope all are well.

Please check Gary Udit's web site www.garyudit.com (http://www.garyudit.com) for important changes for this years show. Major highlights:

More pro cards! In men over 35 and in men over 40 bodybuilding, there will now be 3 pro cards awarded in each age group (top 3 in each overall). This year was just 2 for each. In men's physique over 35 and over 40 and in women's physique over 35 and over 45, the top two in each height class will earn pro cards. There will also be a new group for bikini over 45, with 3 pro cards awarded.

Only one chance to weigh in/check in, on Thursday 7/18/13, from 2pm to 8pm Eastern time. So you must plan accordingly to arrive on Thursday at least 3 hours before check in closes.

Entry fee now $200.00 for each age group entered within a division.

If you are staying at Sheraton host hotel, please book as early as you can. You will be billed for one night, and charge is not refundable even if you cancel before hand.

This should be a record year, and look forward to this already. All the best!

GerryT
11-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Also, Friday prejudge and final will be for women's bb and physique, bikin and men's physique. Saturday prejudge and final will be for men's bb and figure.

HeavyDutyGuy
11-09-2012, 06:10 PM
$200 per division! What the ??

GerryT
11-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Suspect there will not be as many cross overs. But it is an outstanding event with additional pro ops if you are in the right age and division. Nationals entry fee was $200 this year, so look for that to increase as well.

masterschamp
11-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Suspect there will not be as many cross overs. But it is an outstanding event with additional pro ops if you are in the right age and division. Nationals entry fee was $200 this year, so look for that to increase as well.

First....great to see you post again Gerry! Second.....I am seriously saving my money!!!!!!

Keith

Hammerfit
11-12-2012, 10:41 AM
$ 200 entry fee?! This is just damn stupid! What's next $ 200 NPC cards?

masterschamp
11-12-2012, 11:35 AM
$ 200 entry fee?! This is just damn stupid! What's next $ 200 NPC cards?

OOPS!!! WISH YOU WOULDN"T HAVE SAID THAT MIKE.....NOW YOU KNOW IT'S COMING!!!!
Seriously....they are going to run alot of competiors off considering all the out of pocket expenses we incur to compete on a national level

swingslammer
11-12-2012, 12:13 PM
OOPS!!! WISH YOU WOULDN"T HAVE SAID THAT MIKE.....NOW YOU KNOW IT'S COMING!!!!
Seriously....they are going to run alot of competiors off considering all the out of pocket expenses we incur to compete on a national level

Maybe that is the reason for the entry fee increase?

Baldiewonkanobi
11-12-2012, 12:42 PM
I will project exp. for 2013 Nationals.

Airfare for two.........................$1700
Hotel 2 nights..........................$ 450
Airport parking........................$ 50
Cabs......................................$ 100
Food......................................$ 200
Kennel fees.............................$ 150
Supplies.................................$ 50
NPC card................................$100
Entry.....................................$200
______

TOTAL $3000

There you go. I am not yet 100% go. Can you see why?

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
11-12-2012, 12:58 PM
And we laugh at the mothers of the kiddy beauty pagent circuit and Honey Boo Boo.

Baldie

......at least they get $500 for the win and and a real cool tiara.

masterschamp
11-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Maybe that is the reason for the entry fee increase?

You know....I thought of that for a second myself, but in the end me thinks they like the money!

HeavyDutyGuy
11-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Crazy how real incomes haven't gone up in years and these fees have increased approximately 120% in five years.

ayezer
11-13-2012, 08:03 AM
agree it is ridiculous $$ would love to train for it buut with those costs you have to be rich to afford to
compete and if someone does win a pro card so then what. Is that going to help you make enough money to recover those fees.

Mac
11-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Increase the price and reduce the number of competitors! That makes sense. NOT.

It will however increase your odds at getting a pro card with less competition and more cards being handed out.

Remember when there were only a handful of pro cards awarded each year?

Baldiewonkanobi
11-13-2012, 10:00 AM
agree it is ridiculous $$ would love to train for it buut with those costs you have to be rich to afford to
compete and if someone does win a pro card so then what. Is that going to help you make enough money to recover those fees.

I can think of only one Over 40/50/60/70 Pro Card winner that has supplimented his income beyond small suppliment supplies/clothes or maybe a single mag article....Dave Goodin. Dave has always been a major self promoter and has a gig over at Ironman Magazine. Forgot...a few gyms like Golds let IFBB Pros train free. My current Golds membership is $19 mo.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
11-13-2012, 10:35 AM
If you're a trainer, IFBB pro after your name might help you get more clients or charge more. Or doing diet plans- so many people need these now! Probably won't win any prize money, but you might work some posing gigs if you're someone people would like to see again. If you have a gym that might pull a few undecided customers towards you. Just looking at the positives.

GerryT
11-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Keith, we will have to get caught up soon and hope to see you at the show.NPC card for 2013 still $100, so let's not give them any more ideas!Suspect there may be less teen and collegiates. For students, it's considerable money. And also less cross overs age wise. Would be $400 to be in two age groups!Agree, Baldie. But now have to figure on 3 nights at hotel. The only weigh in will be on Thursday, so have to be there Thurs, Fri and Sat nights.Very true, James. Pro card can afford some perks for PT and gym purposes. Have to think positive.Best to everyone.

axioma
11-15-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm 222 @12% off season....on target for Pitt ..but I would rather not spend that much...I'll enter something closer to home..