PDA

View Full Version : Csmith NPC Competitors Journal

candice1234
11-10-2012, 11:45 PM
A little about me
I am a NPC Bikini Competitor
I have been married to my wonderful husband for 7 years and he is my support system and my rock, motivation and my <3. No kids but I do have a fur baby big fat cat who needs to go on a fitness plan herself.
I have always been into fitness. I danced for 23 years and did tap , jazz and ballet. I started weight training about 2 years ago and absolutely fell in love with the way it make me feel (strong is def the new skinny).
I weight train 5 days a week and try to work every muscle group 1-2 times a week. I am also a super freak when it comes to cardio. I love a good sweating to some good tunes type of cardio. Anything from zumba, kickboxing, plyometrics, running and some days an hour of elliptical or stairmaster. Below is the workout I did for my super saturday.

Run 10 minutes -max distance
Body Squats-5 minutes
2 sets

Bike 10 minutes -max distance
Walking Lunges- 5 minutes
2 sets

... Elliptical -5 minutes
Weighted crunches -5 minutes
2 sets

I usually eat clean year round we all have our days where we need that piece of chocolate so one of my favorite recipes are the Jamie Eason chocolate protein bars off the bodybuilding.com website they are amazing.

Supplementation
I take a daily multi-vitamin I love the vitapacks from GNC I feel like I get it all in one pack they are huge horse pills but I get them down.
I love Optimum Nutrition's Rocky Road Whey as my protein source its awesome and full of chocolate flavor I can mix it with just water and it taste great.
I have several pre-workouts that I like to use
1MR by BPI Sports, Jaggernaut By Infinite Labs, NO Explode by BSN or C4 by cellucor all absolutely amazing.

During my contest prep I also like to use a fat burner to help lean out. I like the RoxyLean by BPI.

My last competition was the mid-atlantic classic in charlotte on October 20th it was an awesome competion and awesome people. I had my hair and makeup done by Alluring Artistry and they also did my competition spray tan which was amazing. I had a custom suit made by CJ'S Elite and they did a fab job. I got called barbie all night hence the blonde hair and pink suit I guess. I did place 3rd in this contest out of 20 girls over all it was a very humbling experience and I met alot of wonderful people. A day I will never forget I am so ready for next years competitions. xoxo:yep: I am here to help, motivate and inspire people. Anything is possible in this world . Always set big goals for yourself you are in charge of your own destiny.

The Prodigy
11-11-2012, 12:11 AM
Welcome to RX Girl!!!! SO excited to follow along in your journey!

candice1234
11-11-2012, 01:00 AM
thanks so much. i am in love with fitness and this sport. everyone is so nice and super supportive. you look amazing. and i am up for any advice good or bad. hope your having an awesome weekend. :-)

Sunnyday
11-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Welcome! Congrats on our placing...you looked great! I'll def be following along! :)

candice1234
11-11-2012, 07:42 PM
thank you sunnyday. you look amazing yourself. your back is fantastic. im learning all i can and i am open for any suggestions. hope your having an awesome weekend.

candice1234
11-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Happy Sunday Everybody. Today was a great day. I had an awesome cardio sweat session. Did 6 miles running outside today it was a beautiful day here in NC.
Then I completed a shoulder/chest and back workout
Toe on bench push-ups 4 sets of 15
Superset with Incline Flys 4 sets of 15
Close grip pull downs 4 sets of 15
superset with hyper extensions 4 sets of 15
lateral raise 4 sets of 15
superset with seated bar press 4 sets of 15

Tomorrow I work out with my Amazing trainer Tracy at Spa Fitness. None of this would be possible without her she is my rock and has helped me so much. Tomorrow we will be working legs and it will be a heavy day so I need to eat my wheaties.

candice1234
11-11-2012, 08:13 PM
I would like to add that none of what I have done and where I have been would be nowhere without my amazing trainer. Tracy you are the bomb and I look forward to working with you for many years to come. You help keep me grounded and are my rock. Thanks for all you have done for me.

The Prodigy
11-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Happy Sunday Everybody. Today was a great day. I had an awesome cardio sweat session. Did 6 miles running outside today it was a beautiful day here in NC.
Then I completed a shoulder/chest and back workout
Toe on bench push-ups 4 sets of 15
Superset with Incline Flys 4 sets of 15
Close grip pull downs 4 sets of 15
superset with hyper extensions 4 sets of 15
lateral raise 4 sets of 15
superset with seated bar press 4 sets of 15

Tomorrow I work out with my Amazing trainer Tracy at Spa Fitness. None of this would be possible without her she is my rock and has helped me so much. Tomorrow we will be working legs and it will be a heavy day so I need to eat my wheaties.

Glad you have found someone so wonderful to work with! It is a blessing to have! How long have you been competing? What is your plans for next year?

candice1234
11-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Well I have always been into fitness I have always enjoyed sports and being athletic. I danced for 23 years but just started lifting weights about 2 years ago. I went to my first show last year and was amazed at all the muscle and fell in love with it and said I want to do that. I actually just did my first show october 20th and placed 3rd out of 20. I was very humbled by the whole experience and met so many awesome people. I am ready for more. I want to try to do the Arnold end february I know its a huge show but I always set the bar high. If nothing else I will get more experience. I also have a few shows I am preparing to do local here in NC & SC March, April and June. The sky is limit and I am very excited. I have the show bug. I want to learn all I can and continue to grow.

The Prodigy
11-16-2012, 06:55 PM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/athlete-profiles/6985-spotlight-on-npc-bikini-competitor-candice-smith.html