PDA

View Full Version : Operation FitnBuf Comeback

Pages : [1] 2

FitnBuf
11-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Okay Peeps!! Here we go…..Been forever since I started a journal (at least one that I can keep up with).

Since my last competition life has thrown me a few missiles.
My quest in this next journey is to FIRST surround myself with genuine people. It’s funny to me how you learn the true character of those around you during your darkest moments. Now that I finally have a great supportive circle and I have overcome injury and surgeries, I am READY to feel the stage under my feet once again!

My biggest obstacle will be walking in 5” heels again. I am currently still unable to wear heels over 1” due to the pain in my right foot. Unfortunately the only way to fix it is more surgery and frankly, I am tired of surgeries. The doctor even suggested fusing the joints in my foot as a last resort but it would prevent me from ever wearing heels….”FORGET THAT!!!” I screamed….never wear heels???? Unacceptable option for this Shoe-Gal!!! LOL I will just live with the pain!

ANYWAY!
2013 I intend to COMEBACK with the guidance of someone I trust and respect and of course my drive to be a better version of me!

I haven’t pinned down a show yet….but I am looking toward end of June or August. Once I see the NPC calendars for 2013, I can make a decision.

Into the rabbit hole we go…………………………..

Pic of the day!

Hoss06
11-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Subd! Always here for you mommas! <3

FitnBuf
11-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Subd! Always here for you mommas! <3

Yay!!! As I am for you! Xo

Btw....cant wait to rip my legs apart with your suggestion on Thursday...gotta utilize the carbs that day (not eating alot...just a taste) ;)

The Prodigy
11-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Okay Peeps!! Here we go…..Been forever since I started a journal (at least one that I can keep up with).

Since my last competition life has thrown me a few missiles.
My quest in this next journey is to FIRST surround myself with genuine people. It’s funny to me how you learn the true character of those around you during your darkest moments. Now that I finally have a great supportive circle and I have overcome injury and surgeries, I am READY to feel the stage under my feet once again!

My biggest obstacle will be walking in 5” heels again. I am currently still unable to wear heels over 1” due to the pain in my right foot. Unfortunately the only way to fix it is more surgery and frankly, I am tired of surgeries. The doctor even suggested fusing the joints in my foot as a last resort but it would prevent me from ever wearing heels….”FORGET THAT!!!” I screamed….never wear heels???? Unacceptable option for this Shoe-Gal!!! LOL I will just live with the pain!

ANYWAY!
2013 I intend to COMEBACK with the guidance of someone I trust and respect and of course my drive to be a better version of me!

I haven’t pinned down a show yet….but I am looking toward end of June or August. Once I see the NPC calendars for 2013, I can make a decision.

Into the rabbit hole we go…………………………..

Pic of the day!

You are not joking! I have done the same thing! Very cleansing and gives you a fresh perspective on life! I am in and following along!

Hoss06
11-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Yes ma'am! Do work! Lmk how it goes :D

cook
11-20-2012, 01:35 PM
go get em fitnbuf

Hoss06
11-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks for tagging along Cookie Monsta!

FitnBuf
11-20-2012, 03:18 PM
You are not joking! I have done the same thing! Very cleansing and gives you a fresh perspective on life! I am in and following along!

So true...after the cleansing you feel amazing! Such great wisdom comes after you are finally rid of them. Glad your to have u here for the ride :)

FitnBuf
11-20-2012, 03:18 PM
go get em fitnbuf

What up Cook!! :) thank you :)

Sunnyday
11-20-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm in!

FitnBuf
11-20-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm in!

Hey Girly!!! Glad ur here, Thank you :)

PFEPerformance
11-21-2012, 09:13 AM
On board and along for the ride~!! Go get em girl!

FitnBuf
11-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Getting my coffee in before cardio this morning. I slept in until 7am...felt awesome since I normally get up at 3:30am. Hoping the gym is empty Lol.

Back day...I will be focusing on my lats since they are almost non-existent. Getting pumped just typing about it.

Happy Hump Day to you all. :)

Hoss06
11-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Grow them wings!

lksurf2
11-21-2012, 12:41 PM
in on this too!

Hoss06
11-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Nice Ian!

D-NUTZ
11-21-2012, 02:32 PM
I came because I was told to.

I am staying because I want to.

In for this!

Hoss06
11-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Haha thanks D!

FitnBuf
11-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks D.

I get pretty bored on a regular basis...gives me a chance to make it entertaining at least ;) lol

FitnBuf
11-21-2012, 03:12 PM
in on this too!

Thank you :) :)

lksurf2
11-21-2012, 08:21 PM
^^^np , fitness community has to push/help each other.

FitnBuf
11-21-2012, 11:01 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING RX PEEPS!!

I think my oven just REJECTED my Thanksgiving dinner...my ignitor stopped working in the middle of prepping for tomorrow....I guess since it is not chicken/fish or asparagus my oven refused to work for BAD carbs....such a supportive oven I have!!

Lmao!!!

ANYWAY...since I cant cook...then its off to the gym for some cardio and sauna.

Fun times :)

<not my turkey, just a pic for today>

Hoss06
11-22-2012, 12:21 AM
LOL!
Happy Tday eve to you and yours.

FitnBuf
11-22-2012, 12:39 AM
LOL. Thank you. Enjoy your Tday with the fam :)

FitnBuf
11-22-2012, 07:46 PM
I hope everyone is full and sleepy!!

I had a spoonful of everything just to taste...disappointed with some flavors. I think my tastebuds are ruined for this kind of food, Even the fat girl that lives within me wasn't impressed.

After the food and clean up my gym was already closed so I went to the park and did some stairs and walking lunges. I did make an effort to jog but the pain of the impact through my foot was just too much to bare. Total 50 min not including the bike ride over there.

Cant wait til morning, gym opens at 6am!!

All the best RX!!!

Hoss06
11-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Still going hard even on the holidays...that's what I like to hear!

lksurf2
11-23-2012, 07:15 AM
so what happened with you foot? Is it something that just occurred or where you in an accident?

PFEPerformance
11-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Lovin the pics and funnies!! I've got some foot issues also - not as bad as what yours seems to be - but, girl - I CAN relate!!!

Have a good one!

D-NUTZ
11-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Way to get in a holiday workout! More than I did lol.

Hope you killed it this morning.

Hoss06
11-23-2012, 05:43 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/24/myjyjy2e.jpg

lksurf2
11-23-2012, 07:29 PM
^^^lol I feel like this about 80% of the time. but usually takes me a full day before the soreness kicks in a bit. so glad I just layed around yesterday because legs were hurting pretty good lol.

Hoss06
11-24-2012, 12:40 AM
I love the leg pain!

PFEPerformance
11-24-2012, 10:44 AM
I love the leg pain!

DITTO!!! The need for a handicap rail in the bathroom is a JOB WELL DONE!!! LOL

cook
11-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Hope you enjoyed the Thanksgiving feast fitnbuf and great job getting up early to start working it off

FitnBuf
11-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Still going hard even on the holidays...that's what I like to hear!

Waz up!!!!! Stupid gym closing??? That pissed me off enough to go to City park in the Metro area...and with the rise of crazy people in Denver....I had to be pretty pissed off to risk it! LMAO

Made me train harder tho ;)

so what happened with you foot? Is it something that just occurred or where you in an accident?

I didnt realize I failed to put it in my intro...After my last show I needed reconstructive surgery (caused by years of high heels)...I tried to hit the gym to soon after surgery thinking I was young and invincible ..like a dumbass I fell sideways on my weakened foot and it crumpled underneath me causing permanent damage to my bones. Unfortunately the impact caused the third metatarsal bone to jam and protrude upward on the top of my foot (the doctors cannot fix it, the bone will forever stick out)...since it broke apart in the middle of the healing process from surgery .... the doctors would like to go in and remove/adjust the metal holding it together since it healed poorly. If they cannot fix it that way the doctors wan to fuse the joints ... I decline further surgeries .... I am honestly sick of being messed with. I have decided it is better to live with the semi movement I have and the tolerable pain, then risk the doctors crippling me.

^^^Sorry for the long story but it has been a rough ride back to the gym. :)

Lovin the pics and funnies!! I've got some foot issues also - not as bad as what yours seems to be - but, girl - I CAN relate!!!

Have a good one!

glad you are enjoying the 'funnies'....breaks up the monotony of the day. Foot issues SUCK...especially during cardio LOL...cardio is bad enough without the added irritation of injury LOL

Way to get in a holiday workout! More than I did lol.

Hope you killed it this morning.

Thank you :) been a good couple of days especially in the gym....people were absent from the gym....LOVED IT! :D

I love the leg pain!

DITTO!!! The need for a handicap rail in the bathroom is a JOB WELL DONE!!! LOL

LMAO!!! I need to install this in my bathroom....gonna be a fun prep!! LOL

Hope you enjoyed the Thanksgiving feast fitnbuf and great job getting up early to start working it off

thank you :) This year i am thankful Thanksgiving only comes around once a year.....LOL ;)

curvygirl
11-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Hey Lady! I'm following along! :D Peace!

Curt James
11-26-2012, 06:24 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING RX PEEPS!!

I think my oven just REJECTED my Thanksgiving dinner...my ignitor stopped working in the middle of prepping for tomorrow....I guess since it is not chicken/fish or asparagus my oven refused to work for BAD carbs....such a supportive oven I have!!

Lmao!!!

ANYWAY...since I cant cook...then its off to the gym for some cardio and sauna.

Fun times :)

<not my turkey, just a pic for today>
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=137448&d=1353530288

Awesome, you have a smart oven! :-P

And that is the turkey of all turkeys! Baaaacon! (drools)

Best wishes to you, FitnBuf!

Hoss06
11-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Stickied!

FitnBuf
11-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Awesome, you have a smart oven! :-P

And that is the turkey of all turkeys! Baaaacon! (drools)

Best wishes to you, FitnBuf!

Thank you Curt :D

Lol. My oven cares about me :)

Isnt that an insane looking turkey!!? I bet it tastes amazing

I hope u are feeling better my friend

FitnBuf
11-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Stickied!

Stickied=pressure

Lmao!!

Love it...kicking it in high gear!!!!

FitnBuf
11-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Hey Lady! I'm following along! :D Peace!

Yay!!! Glad to see you chica!! Xo

FitnBuf
11-26-2012, 10:40 PM
I took a bit if a siesta when I got home from work...seriously could not stay awake at work. I am awake just in time for the crowd to be filtering out of the gym.

Shoulder/glutes/abs

My shoulders are definitely an area where I want to grow. Since the thick shoulder pads of the 80's do not appear to be coming back in fashion...I'd better grow my own!! LOL

FitnBuf
11-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Inspiring myself tonight before bed thinking about my cardio in the morning...

One of my fav pics of me...cant wait to get rid of my fluff and see some growth next year....

Big Barry
11-27-2012, 04:57 AM
Inspiring myself tonight before bed thinking about my cardio in the morning...

We're all reading this thread, FitnBuf - Feel the pressure - Get that cardio done! lol

Hoss06
11-27-2012, 07:03 AM
You'll be there and better mommas! One step at a time. Slow and steady wins the race.

Mac
11-27-2012, 07:09 AM
One of my fav pics of me...cant wait to get rid of my fluff

Fluff never looked so good before.

FitnBuf
11-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Fluff never looked so good before.

Lol. Thank you for the compliment. Made me smile. 👍

FitnBuf
11-27-2012, 02:24 PM
As I sit here pretending to pay attention in this meeting. I saw this vid...really inspiring...had to share .... Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448&sns=em

lastson
11-27-2012, 07:14 PM

Just got caught up, and I'm staying for the pics.. :D
I mean great log , keep pushing, you'll be back better than ever in no time..

Last

Curt James
11-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Okay, doing an experiment here. FitnBuf has volunteered to be an ambassador of sorts for the Women's Training Journals (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/forumdisplay.php?26-Women-s-Training-Journals). Moved her journal from there to here.

What I need now is a volunteer from the men to have their training journal moved over to the ladies' side! :-D j/k But it will be good to see a woman's perspective on training here.

Welcome, FitnBuf!

Hoss06
11-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Sticky!!!!

Hoss06
11-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Welcome Tamz!! You have my 110% support in this thread!

Big Barry
11-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Okay, doing an experiment here. FitnBuf has volunteered to be an ambassador of sorts for the Women's Training Journals (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/forumdisplay.php?26-Women-s-Training-Journals). Moved her journal from there to here.

What I need now is a volunteer from the men to have their training journal moved over to the ladies' side! :-D j/k But it will be good to see a woman's perspective on training here.

Welcome, FitnBuf!

You should move Cook's journal into the Woman's training journals - his wife's always checking what he's been up to. lol

FitnBuf
11-28-2012, 12:58 AM

Welcome, FitnBuf!

Thank you .... This will be fun for sure! My lift will not be as heavy...but my training will be just as hardcore!!!! :)

FitnBuf
11-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Sticky!!!!

^^^^motivation engaged! ;)

FitnBuf
11-28-2012, 01:04 AM
Welcome Tamz!! You have my 110% support in this thread!

Thank you Hoss!!!! Been with RX for a long time... Guess this journal is a bit late lmao.

FitnBuf
11-28-2012, 01:37 AM
Just got caught up, and I'm staying for the pics.. :D
I mean great log , keep pushing, you'll be back better than ever in no time..

Last

cant rep u yet....rep pending :). Lol

Hoss06
11-28-2012, 06:50 AM
You should move Cook's journal into the Woman's training journals - his wife's always checking what he's been up to. lol

LOL!
Reps owed!

cook
11-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Hey fitnbuf good to see your journal stickied and over here where we can find it.You`re one of the boys now.Well...except you probably smell better.Anyway I will be following and offering whatever encouragement I can.

cook
11-28-2012, 07:54 AM
I don`t know...I can take being outlifted by a bunch of 20 -35 year old young men but when these girls start outlifting me I may have to quit.

D-NUTZ
11-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Awesome!!

FitnBuf
11-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Hey fitnbuf good to see your journal stickied and over here where we can find it.You`re one of the boys now.Well...except you probably smell better.Anyway I will be following and offering whatever encouragement I can.

Lol

I appreciate you and I am grateful to have u here for my journey :)

Extreme One
11-28-2012, 01:27 PM
In. I am all about a great comeback story! Good luck! What are do you compete in? Figure?

Sunnyday
11-28-2012, 02:07 PM

Welcome, FitnBuf!

Nice! Kill it, girl!!! ;)

FitnBuf
11-29-2012, 07:14 AM
In. I am all about a great comeback story! Good luck! What are do you compete in? Figure?

Hey you!!!

Nice to see you in here.

When I first started my goal was to compete in figure but after loosing a lot of weight by changing diet only (without exercise) I ended up with zero muscle.
:(
I was able to gain enough to compete on bikini which was fun although I dont think my posing was in line with every other competitor on stage and in the long run it hurt me. I am seeking a different posing coach this go around.

...Unless I can gain enough muscle to switch to figure :) (I would be one HAPPY girl, if I did)

FitnBuf
11-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Nice! Kill it, girl!!! ;)

Thank you xo :D

cook
11-29-2012, 08:07 AM
How is the training going? What split are you using?

FitnBuf
11-29-2012, 09:31 AM
How is the training going? What split are you using?

Good morning....I fell out last night and didnt get a chance to post it.....

Sunday-cardio x2
Monday-back/tris/abs
Tuesday-inny&outtys/hams/glutes/calves
Wednesday-chest/bis
Thursday-traps/shoulders/abs
Friday-quads/calves
Sat-cardio x2

I spilt my legs this week so recovery is not crippling...I have also increased cardio this week :)

Hoss06
11-29-2012, 09:49 AM
2 a day cardios...dedicated

FitnBuf
11-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Yes...its a first for me to do that but I just feel I am not getting enough. Though I could work on endurance those two days....lol.

PFEPerformance
11-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Ditto Ditto Ditto on HATING cardio!!! or moreso for me is the steady state cardio - BOOORRRRRRRRRRRRIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! Kills me when 5 minutes pass and it FEELS like an hour already!! HIIT or some level of ramped up intervals I enjoy ......

Your foot story makes me NOT want to get mine fixed and just live with it - as I have been....."sigh".....

I broke a toe two years ago not realizing I had a double break - toe joint and one of the bones connecting to it in the top of my foot - assumed nothing much could be done for a broken toe anyway - taped it and got on with things..... later...after foot swelling and extreme pain some days sent me off to a foot doc.....found out things did not heal correctly and the further back break is causing some issues/pain .... etc...blah..blah... wearing heels some days is downright excrutiating and I now have to be extremely selective in the types of shoes I buy and making sure they are not narrow in the toes which causes a LOT of pain... The fix is to re-brake everything and put me in a cast for several weeks - haven't convinced myself I want to sign up for that at this point......

I will say it has helped my squating - lol - the second I begin to tire and not realize I'm bringing my heel up and putting pressure on the ball of my foot or toes - HELLO!! HEEL DOWN immediately and form corrected!

Keep on rockin girl!

Hardatit
11-29-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm in. and I'm with you on the cardio. I have been doing 2 x a day for almost a month, it works but it sucks!

FitnBuf
11-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Ditto Ditto Ditto on HATING cardio!!! or moreso for me is the steady state cardio - BOOORRRRRRRRRRRRIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! Kills me when 5 minutes pass and it FEELS like an hour already!! HIIT or some level of ramped up intervals I enjoy ......

Your foot story makes me NOT want to get mine fixed and just live with it - as I have been....."sigh".....

I broke a toe two years ago not realizing I had a double break - toe joint and one of the bones connecting to it in the top of my foot - assumed nothing much could be done for a broken toe anyway - taped it and got on with things..... later...after foot swelling and extreme pain some days sent me off to a foot doc.....found out things did not heal correctly and the further back break is causing some issues/pain .... etc...blah..blah... wearing heels some days is downright excrutiating and I now have to be extremely selective in the types of shoes I buy and making sure they are not narrow in the toes which causes a LOT of pain... The fix is to re-brake everything and put me in a cast for several weeks - haven't convinced myself I want to sign up for that at this point......

I will say it has helped my squating - lol - the second I begin to tire and not realize I'm bringing my heel up and putting pressure on the ball of my foot or toes - HELLO!! HEEL DOWN immediately and form corrected!

Keep on rockin girl!

OUCHY

My foot hurt just reading that!!! Omg!! If u do decide to get it fixed shop around for quality podiatrists...I went with the first doc I saw and he ended up half-a$$ing the work which is one reason the other docs want to remove the metal he put in it. It is so scary Girl to have to trust these docs with your body. Thats why i am refusing additional work...recover sucks!!!

Good luck Girly!!

FitnBuf
11-29-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm in. and I'm with you on the cardio. I have been doing 2 x a day for almost a month, it works but it sucks!

Hey welcome to my journey, glad ur here!

What is your cardio preference? Do u change it up to keep from being to bored?

Hardatit
11-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Hey welcome to my journey, glad ur here!

What is your cardio preference? Do u change it up to keep from being to bored?

Right now I am walking at 3.0 mph at an 8% incline 45 minutes 2 x a day. I was jogging 3 days a week at 20 minutes and 45 minutes of walking everyday. The jogging seams to make me lose to much muscle though so I stopped, and yes it is boring I hate all cardio!

D-NUTZ
11-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Cardio sucks.

So bad.

Really bad.

lastson
11-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Cardio sucks.

So bad.

Really bad.

It's not that bad, unless there is a sled involved... It's a necessary evil.

But 2x a day is dedication... Keep it up

Last

Hoss06
11-30-2012, 04:14 PM
It's a love/hate relationship

lksurf2
11-30-2012, 07:27 PM
its only the first/last few min of cardio that really suck.

Sunnyday
11-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Cardio bites. But it is a necessary evil during prep.

Gerb
12-01-2012, 06:03 PM
its only the first/last few min of cardio that really suck.

what??? ... you like the middle part lol

lksurf2
12-01-2012, 07:33 PM
idk to me the first few min when your kinda tired suck...then those last few when your just ready to be done seem to drag. the middle part isnt so bad if you can distract yourself weird enough lol.

FitnBuf
12-01-2012, 10:31 PM
idk to me the first few min when your kinda tired suck...then those last few when your just ready to be done seem to drag. the middle part isnt so bad if you can distract yourself weird enough lol.

List of distractions:

Netflix
RX vids and shows
Iron Empire Radio
New World Muscle
Or people watch...my gym has the cardio equipment over looking the free weights...some interesting people there. Haha!

FitnBuf
12-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Cardio bites. But it is a necessary evil during prep.

Sooo very true. A definite necessity :/

FitnBuf
12-01-2012, 10:33 PM
It's not that bad, unless there is a sled involved... It's a necessary evil.

But 2x a day is dedication... Keep it up

Last

2x is a must. Gotta rid the fluff lol

FitnBuf
12-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Quads are tender!!! LOVE IT! Makes feel so good and one step closer to my true self!

Feeling good tho. I have dodgeball tomorrow with a bunch of middle schoolers....

The following vid is in my near future...
http://youtu.be/hShxpYG_ql0

With my sore legs I hope to be able to defend my team. Lol

Hoss06
12-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Lol just tell them "u can hit me in the face, but for crying out loud not my quads!"

FitnBuf
12-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Lol just tell them "u can hit me in the face, but for crying out loud not my quads!"

Lmao!!!! That will have to be the plan for sure .... BRING IT little people (wait what...they are probably taller then I am)

Hoss06
12-01-2012, 11:50 PM
We aren't little...fun size is the proper term :D

FitnBuf
12-01-2012, 11:57 PM
We aren't little...fun size is the proper term :D

Membership shirt:

Hoss06
12-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Hahaha

Gerb
12-02-2012, 01:30 PM
List of distractions:

Netflix

this.

i went through archer season 1 & 2 atleast 3 complete times. it was my cardio savior.

cook
12-02-2012, 01:42 PM
2x is a must. Gotta rid the fluff lol

notice how scarce I got from this thread when yall started talking about twice a day cardio

Gerb
12-02-2012, 01:54 PM
notice how scarce I got from this thread when yall started talking about twice a day cardio

I am with you on that brother.

FitnBuf
12-02-2012, 02:16 PM

Dont leave me when I need u most...lol.

FitnBuf
12-02-2012, 02:40 PM
I started cycling my carbs and I feel good. Lots of fish/ground turkey and green veggies every third day I add brown rice or sweet potato to two meals and fruit after training.

Today is BACK BABY!!! I could train back all day!! Love it!

DB Bent over rows
20#/10r
25#/8r
30#/4r (ughhhh could not get more)

Lat pulldowns
50#/12r
60#/12r
70#/9r (And a half. Lol)

Seated cable row
60#/10r
70#/8r
80#/5r (ugh)

Assisted wide pull ups
3sets of 15
^^definitely want to improve on this movement ... I want to eventually be able to have good form while unassisted.

Abs/glutes

30min cardio

15min in sauna (my treat for working out, but it seemed not very hot today)

Taken 10/2010...

Mac
12-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Nice workout and assets.

Hoss06
12-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Try beginning the workouts with some DB rows and or pull-ups...just to see if it makes a difference....you'll get there.

lksurf2
12-02-2012, 04:25 PM
I also want to be able to to do clean pull-ups with no assist. but really lack the strength to get any reps lol. but I do like Using the assisted machine more as I feel you can focus more on pulling up more with your lats.

Don't worry next time you will do better on those db rows

.... And yes nice pic also lol

cook
12-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Dont leave me when I need u most...lol.
Hey FNB just checking in.Looks like a good back workout.I like the carb cycling.I have talked to several people who swear by it.I may try it myself.Pic looks very good.I would really hit those hams if I was you.Good luck and we are ALL here for you.

Sunnyday
12-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Checking in...looks like you are making some nice progress! Agree w/Hoss on doing the pullups at the start of your WO. Also if you are not already using straps I highly recommend them. They made a big difference for me.

D-NUTZ
12-04-2012, 09:08 AM
I also feel assisted pull-ups more in my back and less in my arms than normal ones.

Gotta start somewhere.

Keep up with the good work.

PFEPerformance
12-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote: Assisted wide pull ups
3sets of 15
^^definitely want to improve on this movement ... I want to eventually be able to have good form while unassisted.

Lookin good girl!

Put your pullups at the start of your back day after warmup! Consider purchasing a set of VersaGrips - HUGE difference for me! Hand placement at shoulder width or a "smidge" wider - FOCUS on pulling with your LATS and to your chest!! It will come IF you consistently keep at it!

I used to be "lucky" if I could do 2-3 unassisted and ugly ones --- lots of jerking and huffing/puffing......UGLY!! lol

NOW can do 4-6 NICE sets of 10-12 unassisted as well as different variations with grips, width, added weight, etc.... THESE are a MUST peice to my back day and once I committed to that thought - I've never looked back..... You can do it!!!

FitnBuf
12-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Try beginning the workouts with some DB rows and or pull-ups...just to see if it makes a difference....you'll get there.

I will try to hit it first next go around :) let u know

I also want to be able to to do clean pull-ups with no assist. but really lack the strength to get any reps lol. but I do like Using the assisted machine more as I feel you can focus more on pulling up more with your lats.

Don't worry next time you will do better on those db rows

.... And yes nice pic also lol

thank you. Getting some wings would be nice....for sure. Some chics make it look easy but I know it took them time too lol

Hey FNB just checking in.Looks like a good back workout.I like the carb cycling.I have talked to several people who swear by it.I may try it myself.Pic looks very good.I would really hit those hams if I was you.Good luck and we are ALL here for you.

I agree!!! My hammies need some mega growth. Would really bring things together in the back as well as my calves.

Checking in...looks like you are making some nice progress! Agree w/Hoss on doing the pullups at the start of your WO. Also if you are not already using straps I highly recommend them. They made a big difference for me.

I havent used my straps with pull ups yet ... I will do that. Thank you :)

I also feel assisted pull-ups more in my back and less in my arms than normal ones.

Gotta start somewhere.

Keep up with the good work.

thank you, I appreciate your words. Hoss keeps telling me the same thing...I guess I am doing good as long as I don't start like this......bwahahaha ;)

Hardatit
12-04-2012, 11:23 AM
I started cycling my carbs and I feel good. Lots of fish/ground turkey and green veggies every third day I add brown rice or sweet potato to two meals and fruit after training.

Today is BACK BABY!!! I could train back all day!! Love it!

DB Bent over rows
20#/10r
25#/8r
30#/4r (ughhhh could not get more)

Lat pulldowns
50#/12r
60#/12r
70#/9r (And a half. Lol)

Seated cable row
60#/10r
70#/8r
80#/5r (ugh)

Assisted wide pull ups
3sets of 15

Abs/glutes

30min cardio

15min in sauna (my treat for working out, but it seemed not very hot today)

Taken 10/2010...

Good job! and baby steps wins the race! I get frustrated with the slow pace but in the end it works the best! and nice pic!

FitnBuf
12-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Good job! and baby steps wins the race! I get frustrated with the slow pace but in the end it works the best! and nice pic!

Thank you. It is hard to be patient. I appreciate your supportive words. I get impatient sometimes especially with my lift. :)

cook
12-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Thank you. It is hard to be patient. I appreciate your supportive words. I get impatient sometimes especially with my lift. :)
we are all impatient when it comes to training but that keeps us training hard

FitnBuf
12-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Whooooohooooo CARB DAY BABY!!!!

Today is a great day!!!!! I train legs today...I am so ready...it is hard to work today because my mind is in the gym...will post WO later :)

Have a terrific day my RX Family

Hardatit
12-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Whooooohooooo CARB DAY BABY!!!!

Today is a great day!!!!! I train legs today...I am so ready...it is hard to work today because my mind is in the gym...will post WO later :)

Have a terrific day my RX Family

Yes carb day's are my favorite too, I plan all week for them!

OMEGA
12-06-2012, 09:45 AM
=

Extreme One
12-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Nice work in here. For back try rack chins. As you get stonger you can sit a weight in your lap.

Hardatit
12-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Just checking in to see how you are doing?

FitnBuf
12-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Craziness around me...sorry for the absence...doesn't take me long to miss my RX Peeps tho :)

Weekend was crazy!!! Sat 2 Christmas parties and Sunday was Hanukkah dinner. Of course two more parties before the end of the year....biggest obstacle is not denying the food, its trying to have people understand that my tupperware of clean food is not meant to offend them .... People frustrate me SMH!!

My weekend training wasn't too bad except the sauna is closed at my gym for construction :'(

Last Friday my leg day sucked gigantic ball sack so I am pretty pissed off about that....today is my quest for punishment!!!! These legs will fall off before I leave the gym!! BOOM BABY!!!!!

cook
12-11-2012, 11:08 AM
go get em fitnbuf very descriptive on the leg workout.I had a similar one Sunday

FitnBuf
12-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Nice work in here. For back try rack chins. As you get stonger you can sit a weight in your lap.

I didnt think about that. Thank you for the suggestion. 👍

Hoss06
12-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Thank u for your support on and off the boards, FFL.

FitnBuf
12-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Thank u for your support on and off the boards, FFL.

Always here Hoss06 😃😃FFL

D-NUTZ
12-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Kill your legs!

FitnBuf
12-11-2012, 01:57 PM
go get em fitnbuf very descriptive on the leg workout.I had a similar one Sunday

Ugh...I understand ur frustration. Lol. No other way to describe it ;)

PFEPerformance
12-11-2012, 02:02 PM
GO GET EM GIRL!!! Build those wheels girl!!!

Totally X 2 on Peeps and critique/comments/suggestions/input/unwarranted opinions...etc....on FOOD !!!! I feel your pain in spades!! (sigh/rolling eyes) LOL

lksurf2
12-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Craziness around me...sorry for the absence...doesn't take me long to miss my RX Peeps tho :)

Weekend was crazy!!! Sat 2 Christmas parties and Sunday was Hanukkah dinner. Of course two more parties before the end of the year....biggest obstacle is not denying the food, its trying to have people understand that my tupperware of clean food is not meant to offend them .... People frustrate me SMH!!

My weekend training wasn't too bad except the sauna is closed at my gym for construction :'(

Last Friday my leg day sucked gigantic ball sack so I am pretty pissed off about that....today is my quest for punishment!!!! These legs will fall off before I leave the gym!! BOOM BABY!!!!!

yeah every other day at work or so we might cook up bfast and people always ask why dont you have it? I reply because I bring my food everyday. Then they go and say well you could save it for tomorrow.....I have tried explaining it to them it doesn't work like that, and that these meals are weighed and measured.....ugh anymore I just say no thanks and just walk out of the room lol.

Hoss06
12-11-2012, 02:46 PM
I think many dont consider inviting me out any where or presume I don't want anything of they are getting food...the sad part is, they are correct. I'm OCD w/ sticking to my plan 100% (w/ the exception of a free meal or when unexpected events occur) it is rare when I don't do as what is outlined in the plan.

lksurf2
12-11-2012, 02:51 PM
yeah people stopped asking me to go hangout with them awhile ago. but it's like sorry I have work at 5 a.m. And cardio before that so sleep is important to me. that and I don't care for drinking or clubbing.... which makes it a bitch to meet people.... but Most of the time those girls are kinda trashy so don't really care

Hoss06
12-11-2012, 03:50 PM
I try to find balance...I just bring my meal(s) with me..If they don't like the lifestyle I chose then too bad. I don't do this for them

Hardatit
12-11-2012, 04:06 PM
I try to find balance...I just bring my meal(s) with me..If they don't like the lifestyle I chose then too bad. I don't do this for them

Exactly!!!

FitnBuf
12-12-2012, 05:56 PM
yeah every other day at work or so we might cook up bfast and people always ask why dont you have it? I reply because I bring my food everyday. Then they go and say well you could save it for tomorrow.....I have tried explaining it to them it doesn't work like that, and that these meals are weighed and measured.....ugh anymore I just say no thanks and just walk out of the room lol.

people at work are the worst...EXAMPLE: the HR dept had a presenter come in and speak about health and exercise, good cals bad cals (of course it was the normal "In Shape Mag" propaganda crap the FDA poisons people with) for an hour and at the end they gave a group quiz...for every right answer you got a bag of M&M's.....WTF????

they have no idea what it is like to actually live healthy and apply knowledge every single day. One lady asked me today "how do I get rid of this muffin top?" And i told her to start in the kitchen. She looked at my fish and crunched her nose with disgust and continued to eat her processed microwave pizza.

UGH...i wanted to say don't fuggin ask me then!!! Hate work people.

I think many dont consider inviting me out any where or presume I don't want anything of they are getting food...the sad part is, they are correct. I'm OCD w/ sticking to my plan 100% (w/ the exception of a free meal or when unexpected events occur) it is rare when I don't do as what is outlined in the plan.

Nothing like being invited to parties just to watch people kill themselves slowly with processed nasty food

yeah people stopped asking me to go hangout with them awhile ago. but it's like sorry I have work at 5 a.m. And cardio before that so sleep is important to me. that and I don't care for drinking or clubbing.... which makes it a bitch to meet people.... but Most of the time those girls are kinda trashy so don't really care

lol. Me too. I never get invited now unless there is a gift involved. If someone asks me to the club I tell them about the hottest club in town called the GYM! ;)

YES! I agree. Some people say "one bite wont hurt". They dont understand that for me ....it does hurt!

FitnBuf
12-12-2012, 05:59 PM

Holy shizzzz......consider me punished. The worst part is sitting at a desk the whole day!!!!! Riga-mortis has set in. Zombie walk in full effect

Tonight....chest and tris. I will try and stretch my legs out on the treadmill during cardio....long strides, slow and steady. Feeling too tight for the stairmill.

http://youtu.be/mmdDe7TzeGg

lksurf2
12-12-2012, 06:05 PM
why can't more girls line you be here lol. yeah I hey listening to co workers talk about " the secrets" or tricks to lose weight or get in shape. lo almost want to slap my coworker upside the head when he was talking about how you don't really need to squat to build legs...and how you could just ride the bike or do stairs instead...

D-NUTZ
12-12-2012, 06:27 PM

Holy shizzzz......consider me punished. The worst part is sitting at a desk the whole day!!!!! Riga-mortis has set in. Zombie walk in full effect

Tonight....chest and tris. I will try and stretch my legs out on the treadmill during cardio....long strides, slow and steady. Feeling too tight for the stairmill.

http://youtu.be/mmdDe7TzeGg

HAHAHAHA nice picture.

Hoss06
12-12-2012, 09:03 PM
lol, I love how I get bro-sci spit at me...as they chow down their Snickers bar and Pepsi while telling me how bad Stevia is for me....I dont even waste my time.

Jordan Coburn
12-12-2012, 09:57 PM

I hear you on the tupperware. The worst are the ppl who go out of their way to taunt you about how "good" whatever shit they're eating is. For this special sub species of fucktard I generally say "I choose to eat a certain way because I enjoy looking and performing a certain way...Which I can only assume means that you do too." If they've been especially douchey about it i then point at their gut :)

FitnBuf
12-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Oops. Didn't mean to be absent for this long...my regular gym closed for renovation so i have been bouncing around town to less satisfying gyms...I am sure these other gyms are perfectly fine, I just hate change. Lol.

I am also awaiting word from my coach to see where he wants to take me so once I have that info I will put it in here.

Meanwhile:

Today is going to be fun, headed to a large gym 30min from my house so I can let the Diva Beast out properly!!! Gonna kill my chest and bis...!!!

Under the advice of a friend ... I had a real cheat meal at Smash Burger....soooooooo delish!!!!

But I confess I have been struggling getting all my food down and I have been lazy with my water...(that reminds me....take a drink...swig)....not sure why my tummy is fighting me.

FitnBuf
12-17-2012, 12:48 PM
I hear you on the tupperware. The worst are the ppl who go out of their way to taunt you about how "good" whatever shit they're eating is. For this special sub species of fucktard I generally say "I choose to eat a certain way because I enjoy looking and performing a certain way...Which I can only assume means that you do too." If they've been especially douchey about it i then point at their gut :)

lol, I love how I get bro-sci spit at me...as they chow down their Snickers bar and Pepsi while telling me how bad Stevia is for me....I dont even waste my time.

why can't more girls line you be here lol. yeah I hey listening to co workers talk about " the secrets" or tricks to lose weight or get in shape. lo almost want to slap my coworker upside the head when he was talking about how you don't really need to squat to build legs...and how you could just ride the bike or do stairs instead...

There is always this douchebag that I just want to roundhouse to the jaw every time they open their mouth..LOL

Sunnyday
12-17-2012, 02:03 PM
There is always this douchebag that I just want to roundhouse to the jaw every time they open their mouth..LOL

LOL! I feel your pain, girl. So many know it alls out there who have NO clue! I tune them out and keep eating my clean food in front of them while they horse down their burger, fries, & coke. Then when the comments go too far I tell them matter of factly, "that's why I look the way I do and you look the way you do." Truth hurts. Drives them nuts. Heh heh.

cook
12-18-2012, 08:53 AM
Oops. Didn't mean to be absent for this long...my regular gym closed for renovation so i have been bouncing around town to less satisfying gyms...I am sure these other gyms are perfectly fine, I just hate change. Lol.

I am also awaiting word from my coach to see where he wants to take me so once I have that info I will put it in here.

Meanwhile:

Today is going to be fun, headed to a large gym 30min from my house so I can let the Diva Beast out properly!!! Gonna kill my chest and bis...!!!

Under the advice of a friend ... I had a real cheat meal at Smash Burger....soooooooo delish!!!!

But I confess I have been struggling getting all my food down and I have been lazy with my water...(that reminds me....take a drink...swig)....not sure why my tummy is fighting me.

I know what you mean about going to a gym you are not familiar with.Just figuring out where everything is can be a hassle.I`m glad you reminded me about drinking water.I have to be the worlds worse about this.I go days at a time and forget to drink any.I for some reason never get thirsty no matter what I seem to be doing that should make me thirsty.We have a Smash burger here in town I love it too. Have a great day and hit it hard.

lastson
12-18-2012, 01:04 PM

Why do I now want to see FitnBuf knock someone out now ?

I hate change too, but at least your not making excuses and getting work done

cook
12-18-2012, 01:06 PM

yes I would pay a hundred bucks to see that myself

lastson
12-18-2012, 01:37 PM

Maybe we can get a little pool going ?, would be nice way to earn a little Xmas cash.. (as long as I'm not the one getting knocked out )

Big Barry
12-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Maybe we can get a little pool going ?, would be nice way to earn a little Xmas cash.. (as long as I'm not the one getting knocked out )

Put me down for 20!

Hoss06
12-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Ill bet on FNB

FitnBuf
12-18-2012, 10:00 PM
LOL! I feel your pain, girl. So many know it alls out there who have NO clue! I tune them out and keep eating my clean food in front of them while they horse down their burger, fries, & coke. Then when the comments go too far I tell them matter of factly, "that's why I look the way I do and you look the way you do." Truth hurts. Drives them nuts. Heh heh.

Yes!!!! It is so annoying...and like you said sometimes they need to hear the truth...it was classic when I was talking to this very obese lady who had a gigantic cinnamon roll donut And while she ate it, she explained how her weight is a medical issue and she has come to terms with being fat due to these issues.....what??? I just sat in disbelief that she was feeding me such crap! Lol

FitnBuf
12-18-2012, 10:13 PM

Put me down for 20!

Ill bet on FNB

I am down!!!!!!! LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/HZGMVKaLLOI

Lmao

Hoss06
12-18-2012, 10:14 PM
we spoke too soon....Mrs Bruce Lee in action.

cook
12-19-2012, 07:57 AM
we spoke too soon....Mrs Bruce Lee in action.
haha I knew there was something about this girl I liked

FitnBuf
12-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Lol ^^^ :)

Well...I will be starting keto in January according to my coach...excited to shake things up a bit. I confess I have not been eating as much as I should, therefore my main objective until January is to kickstart my metabolism again...Eat...EAt...EAT!!!!

First this came to mind....

Maayyybe not.... ;) lmao

Of course I will be clean with my eating...but in order to remember I had to set an alarm on phone YIKES

In anticipation of the new years revolution people that are coming to our gyms....I found this appropriate to prepare us...lmao

http://youtu.be/R0LnNQemUjI

D-NUTZ
12-19-2012, 11:25 AM
I used to do the alarm thing as well....now I am just hungry 24/7 so I am always counting down until its time to eat.

FitnBuf
12-20-2012, 06:50 PM
http://youtu.be/R0LnNQemUjI

My link didnt post right on the last post.....here it is again

FitnBuf
12-20-2012, 06:56 PM
I used to do the alarm thing as well....now I am just hungry 24/7 so I am always counting down until its time to eat.

two weeks eating at the right times again I hope to have that mega hunger again. LOL for now people continue to look at me funny as I turn off my alarm and gobble up my food....Not to mention how incredibly lady-like I look when guzzling a giant jug of water....All I am missing is the loud belch afterwards...guess I can work on it ;) LMAO!!!!!

FitnBuf
12-20-2012, 11:57 PM
A little fun for the journal today

OMEGA
12-22-2012, 05:02 PM
can we get an updated pic of your "nether regions" ;-0

you knowl, for edumicatioj purpooses1

Hoss06
12-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Have a very merry Xmas!

FitnBuf
12-24-2012, 11:18 AM
can we get an updated pic of your "nether regions" ;-0

you knowl, for edumicatioj purpooses1

Lmao...I dont have many of those...but we'll see what santa brings. Lol

(You post made me lol )

FitnBuf
12-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Have a very merry Xmas!

An a very merry xmas to you my friend

FitnBuf
12-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Things have been insane with the holidays...my apologies. I have been keeping on at my gym...the changes are nice, cleaner and new LED tvs are a classy step up. Lol. The BEST part is there is less traffic with the holiday ... Kinda like the calm before the storm of newbies!!! I was thinking maybe on the first I could hand out complimentary gym etiquette flyers...lol

I was going to take today off since its Christmas Eve, but the empty gym calls to me. Hard to resist.

Lite workout planned today
Back/bis:

Wide grip Pullups (hoping for at least two unassisted)
Lat pulldowns:15x4
Seated cable row: 15x4
Bentover DB row: 10x4 (I love this movement, ever since I started using straps I really feel so controlled and stable)

Standing cable curl: 12x4 squeezing hard and holding last two reps of each set
Single DB curl: 12x3
Spider curls: 10x3 (this is for D-Nutz thank you Sir for the inspiration)

No cardio....just because. ;) lol

Hoss06
12-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Hahaha.

Glad u got that training in!

D-NUTZ
12-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Way to get in and get work done. No problem with the spiders....I love em.

D-NUTZ
12-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Lmao...I dont have many of those...but we'll see what santa brings. Lol

(You post made me lol )

I'm on the naughty list.

lastson
12-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Have a Merry Christmas FNB, you've done a nice job adding some life to the training journals.

Last

lksurf2
12-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Merry Christmas!!

FitnBuf
12-26-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm on the naughty list.

Being on the naughty list just means u had fun this year. ;)

Have a Merry Christmas FNB, you've done a nice job adding some life to the training journals.

Last

I hope you had an awesome Christmas. I appreciate your encouragement and I am glad you dont mind my humor. :)

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas to you too...:)

IslandGirl
12-28-2012, 02:27 AM
Best of luck Chica. I didn't get to read entire journal yet, but I will when I get a chance.

Shows in Denver around summertime is beginning of June is the Mile High. End of June is Pueblo. Mid July is the State and Mid Aug is the Warrior.

FitnBuf
12-29-2012, 12:08 AM
lol. Thank you for the info Tracy

FitnBuf
12-29-2012, 12:08 AM
I could only get my cardio in today. I feel awful...but with a four day weekend ahead I will be doing legs hard tomorrow ... Lots of time to recover. I will post the seesh while in an ice bath saturday ;) lol

New development...mega friggin heartburn...all the time. Ugh its worse when I do any activity that I am bent over. (i.e. bentover rows, deadlifts ... Floor work). Its tolerable, just annoying.

Hope u all are awesome :)

lastson
12-29-2012, 07:53 AM
Another ice bath user ? How long have you been doing them ?

Hope you get that heartburn taken care of it sucks..

Hoss06
12-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Srs on Ice baths? ...u are stronger than I am!

D-NUTZ
12-29-2012, 11:09 AM
I remember football ice baths.

Sooooooo good.

Thank goodness they were cold though.....our athletic trainer was pretty cute :P.

lastson
12-29-2012, 11:44 AM

Sooooooo good.

Thank goodness they were cold though.....our athletic trainer was pretty cute :P.

Shrinkage ?

D-NUTZ
12-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Shrinkage ?

For lack of a better word, yes.

Probably happened for the better.

Hoss06
12-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Hahaha

FitnBuf
12-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Another ice bath user ? How long have you been doing them ?

Hope you get that heartburn taken care of it sucks..

Thank you on the heartburn :(

I havent been doing them long. Its soooo not great when u get in but certainly helps. I normally get it cold enough that i can still stand it but will penetrate my legs. Afterward the gradual warm up is where I get impatient :)

Srs on Ice baths? ...u are stronger than I am!

U can take it!! :)

Sooooooo good.

Shrinkage ?

For lack of a better word, yes.

Probably happened for the better.

Lmao@ shrinkage
http://youtu.be/BEnKLhi83J8

So glad I do not have that issue. I would probably opt out of the ice bath if I did... :)

FitnBuf
12-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Smith Squats:
15x4 (struggled to get deep on the last set)

Smith Lunge
12x4 each leg

Leg extensions
12x3
8x1 PHEW!!!! Sooooooo sore

Lying ham curl
12x4

Seated ham curl
15x3

Standing calf raise
12x4

Cable glute kickbacks
20x3 each side

PFEPerformance
12-31-2012, 11:43 AM
BOOTAY UNDER CONSTRUCTION!! LOL

Good Work Girl - keep it up!!

Hoss06
12-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Work dem legs!

D-NUTZ
12-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Whew, some good reps in there.

swingslammer
12-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Ha Ha, I have to steal this one.....Happy New Year!

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=139928&d=1356368121&thumb=1 (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=139928&d=1356368121)

lastson
12-31-2012, 11:01 PM
Happy New Year FNB..

FitnBuf
12-31-2012, 11:14 PM
BOOTAY UNDER CONSTRUCTION!! LOL

Good Work Girl - keep it up!!

Thank you so much Girl!! lifting that bootay!!! :)

Work dem legs!

I still have to buy a roller Hoss....:) I FEEL IT!!!!!

Whew, some good reps in there.

those reps burned like crazy after the squats and lunges :o LOL

Happy New Year FNB..

Thank you .... Hope you have a fantastic New Year Last! :)

FitnBuf
12-31-2012, 11:19 PM

broadys
01-01-2013, 12:25 AM
HNY
good log I am sub

FitnBuf
01-01-2013, 01:48 PM
HNY
good log I am sub

WELCOME!!! Glad to have you following! this will be a fun year. :)

swingslammer
01-01-2013, 01:56 PM
I was checking in after New Years Eve and LL Cool J and I have something to say........Don't call it a comeback!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg

FitnBuf
01-01-2013, 06:32 PM
I was checking in after New Years Eve and LL Cool J and I have something to say........Don't call it a comeback!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg

hahaha!!! good one!

Great way to start the New Years!!! :D

data4
01-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Happy new years, keep the comeback moving!

FitnBuf
01-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Happy new years, keep the comeback moving!

Thank you Data4!! Appreciate your words. Its only just begun :) ;)

FitnBuf
01-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Okay Peeps....Using today to reflect on my failures. Most of which is in that kitchen. It has been war! Every day I would awaken with my Spartan armor fully equipped with spear and shield...battling the kitchen as it comes after me with unhealthy food. By the end of the day, my fellow Spartans appear defeated as I go in for one final battle!!!

Most the time I win....other times I am fiercely destroyed by the aggression of the kitchens military!

My honest quest is to conquer every single battle to leap towards my goals!!!! ITS ON KITCHEN!!!!!!!!

lksurf2
01-02-2013, 07:11 AM
^^
You know what you have to do to get to where you need to be, and you can never quit!! meal prep is a chore but we know its worth it!! SO get in there and cook up some damn good meals

Hoss06
01-02-2013, 07:11 AM
"Will this help me towards my goal or take me 10 steps back?" ...what is it that you say? "Fat lasts longer than flavor?"

You can beat this...you've done it before and we have faith in knowing that you can.

cook
01-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Okay Peeps....Using today to reflect on my failures. Most of which is in that kitchen. It has been war! Every day I would awaken with my Spartan armor fully equipped with spear and shield...battling the kitchen as it comes after me with unhealthy food. By the end of the day, my fellow Spartans appear defeated as I go in for one final battle!!!

Most the time I win....other times I am fiercely destroyed by the aggression of the kitchens military!

My honest quest is to conquer every single battle to leap towards my goals!!!! ITS ON KITCHEN!!!!!!!!

kitchen don`t stand a chance

FitnBuf
01-03-2013, 04:06 PM
^^
You know what you have to do to get to where you need to be, and you can never quit!! meal prep is a chore but we know its worth it!! SO get in there and cook up some damn good meals

Your so right!!! My meals are all planned...my phone is sounding its alarm … KITCHEN DEFEATED! :)

"Will this help me towards my goal or take me 10 steps back?" ...what is it that you say? "Fat lasts longer than flavor?"

You can beat this...you've done it before and we have faith in knowing that you can.

Thank you Hoss....just needed to get my shizzz all cooked and now that kitchen is now my biznitch!!!! BOOM LOL

kitchen don`t stand a chance

Your right Cook...that kitchen regrets challenging me!!!! ;)

FitnBuf
01-04-2013, 03:10 PM
On track with food!! I changed that way I eat just for fun. My zucchini noodles!!! Tossing it with broccoli, spinach, tomato, sliced almonds and chicken!! Seasoned with Ms. Dash Garlic & Herbs .....Very tasty
^^^my son making my noodles

Tonight is chest and tris

HAPPY FRIDAY PEEPS

cook
01-04-2013, 03:12 PM
looks good fnb enjoy your weekend

FitnBuf
01-04-2013, 03:19 PM
looks good fnb enjoy your weekend

You too Cook :)

FitnBuf
01-07-2013, 07:56 AM
HAPPY MONDAY ERRBUDDY!!!

I am really early for my flight this morning .... Perfect timing to do continuous lunges backwards on this!!!

Headed to Buffalo, NY for business...gonna be board as hell...except for Niagara Falls of course...hope I dont freeze to bad. Lol

PFEPerformance
01-07-2013, 09:25 AM
HAPPY MONDAY ERRBUDDY!!!

I am really early for my flight this morning .... Perfect timing to do continuous lunges backwards on this!!!

Headed to Buffalo, NY for business...gonna be board as hell...except for Niagara Falls of course...hope I dont freeze to bad. Lol

LOVE IT!!!! Big ups to the girl who will fit in a workout ANYWHERE!!! AWESOME!

Hoss06
01-07-2013, 09:46 AM
She makes me proud!

Sunnyday
01-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Good girl! Way to go with the lunges! Love that no excuses to skip the training attitude!!

cook
01-08-2013, 08:02 AM
HAPPY MONDAY ERRBUDDY!!!

do your lunges FNB and dont worry about all those people staring and pointing at you.Have a safe trip.

Hoss06
01-08-2013, 06:21 PM
I know they are pricey, but if you can get some Versa Grips Pro...I strongly believe they would help you with your pull-ups....FWIW, they come in pink...

FitnBuf
01-08-2013, 08:34 PM
LOVE IT!!!! Big ups to the girl who will fit in a workout ANYWHERE!!! AWESOME!

Thank you Chica!! I couldn't resist it since the airport was empty :)

She makes me proud!

:D you make me proud to Hoss ... Everyday

Good girl! Way to go with the lunges! Love that no excuses to skip the training attitude!!

We need to adopt this at the gym...haha :) no excuses!!!!

do your lunges FNB and dont worry about all those people staring and pointing at you.Have a safe trip.

Thank you Cook. There was a fee people who stared at me but when i smiled big and waved at them they looked away embarrassed they were caught starring....really entertaining ;)

I know they are pricey, but if you can get some Versa Grips Pro...I strongly believe they would help you with your pull-ups....FWIW, they come in pink...

Send me the link...I would love to get them to aid in my pull up. Thank you :D

FitnBuf
01-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Okay...this trip is sooooo exhausting. Not just the boring meetings but I am in a tiny little town, although cute an sweet in the morning, it is quite annoying when the entire town closes at 8pm ... The gym here is not impressive....

...but it comes with a personal sauna...which ROCKS!! Lmao. Cardio and back to beast mode Thursday when I when I am back home.

For now... Tired, bored and mentally melted....just back from dinner with the staff and executives....food was gross, everyone was drunk except me, altho it could have been entertaining to watch, I felt annoyed more then anything....CANT WAIT TO GET HOME!!!!!

Hoss06
01-08-2013, 10:14 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002Y2LKTC?dpm=1&pi=SL75&qid=1357701215&ref_=mp_s_a_1&sr=8-2

Safe travels mommas!

cook
01-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Geesh nothing worse than being the only sober person around a bunch of drunks.You should have got a bunch of pics for blackmail purposes.Get home safely

FitnBuf
01-11-2013, 01:25 PM
BACK DAY

DB ROWS

12x4

DB OVERHEAD LAT

10x3
8x1

SEATED HS ROW

10x2
8x2

HS LAT PULLDOWN

10x4

SEATED CABLE ROW

12x3
10x1

LAT PULLDOWN

10x2
8x1
7x1 (ran outta steam)

CARDIO/SAUNA

Felt soooooo good to be back home in my gym....I just kept goin on my back until I couldnt anymore. Lol

FitnBuf
01-11-2013, 01:28 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002Y2LKTC?dpm=1&pi=SL75&qid=1357701215&ref_=mp_s_a_1&sr=8-2

Safe travels mommas!

thank you. I coulda used them today for sure. Lmao

Geesh nothing worse than being the only sober person around a bunch of drunks.You should have got a bunch of pics for blackmail purposes.Get home safely

I have awesome pics...archived until necessary ;) lol. Thank you Cook. Made it home just in time for snow :/ lol

I really missed my gym. I didnt want to leave

Sunnyday
01-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Nothin like a lil business travel to nowhere make you appreciate your home gym, eh? Last year I had a conference in Lancaster, PA and same thing...whole place closed down early. It was my cheat night and couldn't find a decent restaurant to pig out. :mad: Hotel gym sucked...a little cardio equipment and a Bowflex, LOL! A friend and I found an LA Fitness around the corner though...and we tore it up. Made the whole trip worth it. :)

FitnBuf
01-17-2013, 12:53 AM
Nothin like a lil business travel to nowhere make you appreciate your home gym, eh? Last year I had a conference in Lancaster, PA and same thing...whole place closed down early. It was my cheat night and couldn't find a decent restaurant to pig out. :mad: Hotel gym sucked...a little cardio equipment and a Bowflex, LOL! A friend and I found an LA Fitness around the corner though...and we tore it up. Made the whole trip worth it. :)

Omg. I would have been so mad too if I couldn't cheat properly. Cheat night. Lol

I agree ... Traveling to small town really gets frustrating :) glad its over for a bit. This town wasn't close to anything. :( lol

FitnBuf
01-17-2013, 01:19 AM
Okay. Real quick: 1/16/13

W/U: seated cable chest press: 12x3

DB chest press: 10x2, 9x1, 8x1
DB chest fly: 10x3, 9x1
HS Decline chest press: 12x2, 10x2
Standing cable fly: 10x4
Seated cable tricep: 10x4
BB Skull Crusher: 10x4
Standing tricep pulldown: 10x3, 8x1
Standing tricep overhead: 10x4

Abs/30min cardio/SAUNA <--- my fav part!!!!

My office is preparing for a system launch which will have me working like a mad woman...AND soon I will be on night shift :( luckily there are eleven floors in the plant where my office is...perfect for my lunch time cardio at night. As you can tell I am formulating a plan to meet my stage goals!!

THROWBACK PIC....

cook
01-17-2013, 07:54 AM
nice workout fnb,Lots of work in there.I love how you`re planning your training in spite of your escalating work schedule.That`s how we have to do it.

p.s. that picture.........hubba hubba

PFEPerformance
01-17-2013, 09:12 AM
YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!! "LIFE" don't stop and we have to plan..plan..plan at times to keep our goals together and moving forward.....but that's what sets you asside from so many others who would toss in the towel and say screw it!!

Keep on Rockin!!

FitnBuf
01-25-2013, 09:00 AM
nice workout fnb,Lots of work in there.I love how you`re planning your training in spite of your escalating work schedule.That`s how we have to do it.

p.s. that picture.........hubba hubba

Thank you Cook :) gotta find the tine somewhere!!! Those stairs are steep concrete ... Really makes you work for your cardio (My office is in a manufacturing plant)

YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!! "LIFE" don't stop and we have to plan..plan..plan at times to keep our goals together and moving forward.....but that's what sets you asside from so many others who would toss in the towel and say screw it!!

Keep on Rockin!!

Hey Girlfriend! Better to throw the towel on a weight bench then throw it in!! Haha.

Thank you for your support, I appreciate you.

IT IS Friday!!!!! Whoooohoooo !!!!!!!!!

FitnBuf
01-27-2013, 11:22 PM
Sunday....a night to be VICTORIOUS!!!!!

I upped my lift on every movement! I was surprised how many reps I could push out...guess I should have upped it a week ago!! Still really excited to feel the increase!

Back & Bis

DB Row

Cable Lat Pulldowns

Cable Seated Row

HS Lat Pulldown

HS Seated Row

Standing Cable Curl

Seated Cable Curl

DB Hammer Curl: four sets of ten = <single, single, double REPEAT>

DB Concentrated Curl to failure

Cardio SAUNA

FitnBuf
01-28-2013, 11:22 AM
How I feel today....

Nonetheless....

Today is a cardio day....so not much else going on

Happy monday guys

Hoss06
01-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Happy Monday!

cook
01-28-2013, 01:16 PM
How I feel today....

Nonetheless....

Happy monday guys

haha I watch about 8 hours of Spongebob every weekend while babysitting my grandson.By Monday my brain is mush.

Sunnyday
01-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Happy Monday, FNB! :hmn:

MikeS
01-28-2013, 03:49 PM
In! See you at the finish line :)

D-NUTZ
01-28-2013, 05:55 PM
How I feel today....

Nonetheless....

Happy monday guys

How I feel everyday

D-NUTZ
01-28-2013, 05:56 PM
haha I watch about 8 hours of Spongebob every weekend while babysitting my grandson.By Monday my brain is mush.

I watch it my choice :/

lksurf2
01-28-2013, 07:11 PM
I watch it my choice :/
I will too if its on. gotta love Patrick

Hoss06
01-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Lmao hahaha

FitnBuf
02-06-2013, 06:14 AM
Hey my RX Family.

Sorry been absent. Trying to get used to the night shift. Soooooo sleepy.

My appetite has disappeared ... It seems my stomach is asleep all the time. At night while at work I do not feel hungry and then of course when I sleep during the day I am not hungry.

Im sure it will improve as the weeks go by. Other then that nothing new.

I will try to get in here more as I get used to this schedule, for now my brain is jello ...lol

cook
02-06-2013, 08:25 AM
hang in there and make yourself eat.I worked nights for a year many years ago.I remember it did take some getting used too but after a while I adjusted.good luck

cook
02-14-2013, 07:58 AM
Any news FNB?

FitnBuf
02-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Hey Cook!! Sorry been absent. Have been working 100+ hours lately. I am finally getting used to this night shift (kinda) my brain has been gone for a while. I just work, sleep, gym (repeat) lol.

I miss my RX family :) i will post my workouts Tomorrow after month end. Hope you have been doing good my friend :)

Hoss06
02-28-2013, 08:00 PM
You're back!!

FitnBuf
02-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Lol. Yeah looks like I have lots to catch up on. Lol

Sunnyday
02-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Hey stranger! Glad you're back. :)

PFEPerformance
03-01-2013, 09:28 AM
THERE you are! The RX Search Team was out hunting for you! LOL Glad all is well!!!

FitnBuf
03-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Hey stranger! Glad you're back.

THERE you are! The RX Search Team was out hunting for you! LOL Glad all is well!!!

So glad to be back. I am still crazy sleepy but I think that is just going to be typical from now on...:) missed my RX fam!!! :)

Update:

Eating right...need more water and less coffee!! Lmao....

My workouts have been disappointing lately. I'll give the good and the bad:

GOOD:

My lift has gone up tremendously! I feel as green as "hulk diva" when I leave the gym. I have gone up a lot which makes me feel hard and strong!!! love that!! My cardio sucks but thats the norm lmao

BAD:

Working nights has thrown me into the peak hours at the gym...most machines are taken ( with a line)....same with cardio. I have altered my routine numerous times to prevent cool down while waiting for a bench/weight/machine. I am not used to the crowd...I will never discourage someone from going to the gym...(kudos to them) BUT, I want to tell them to GYFO my way...especially the ones who are not there to train. Ever notice some people who appear to just float around and take up space, not really working? Grrrrrr!!!!

Any way!! That my rant!

I am feeling physical change, which is motivating. I will start logging better as I would love feedback on my workouts.

Have a great HUMP DAY

cook
03-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Hang in there and do what you can on your training.I know how frustrating it can be to get out of your routine and trying to get a new one going but you will get through it.

FitnBuf
03-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Hang in there and do what you can on your training.I know how frustrating it can be to get out of your routine and trying to get a new one going but you will get through it.

Thank you Cook!! Ur the best! My appetite has returned!!!!

Last week I was able to eat and drink and find a routine that works with graveyard shift!!

FOUR pounds down and motivated!!!

Happy to feel almost normal again!

Today is leg day!!

Hack Squats: 4 sets of 10

Smith Squats alternating with lunges between each squat set 4 sets of 10 squats (6 lunges each side, between squat set) <---- a$$kicking!!!!!

Stiff leg deads: 4 sets of 8

Leg extensions: 3 sets of 12

Lying ham curl: 3 sets of 10

Cable glute lift: 3 sets of 15 both sides

Abs

Hell no cardio!!!!! SAUNA BABY!!

Hoss06
03-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Now thats a leg workout! Way to separate the women from the girls!

lastson
03-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Nice work FitnBuf.. gotta love a girl that kills leg day

Sunnyday
03-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Congrats on the 4-pound drop! And way to kill it on leg training!

PFEPerformance
03-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Go get em girl - show those legzzzzzzzzzzz whose BOSS !!!!

hulk7510
05-02-2013, 12:42 PM
loving this journal;)

FitnBuf
05-18-2013, 03:18 AM
Been working A LOT…and sleeping a little….thats basically how my life has been recently. Thankfully I will return to a normal 40 hour work week next week so I am relieved to say IM BACK BABY!!!

I have missed my RX Family! And most certainly have needed the positive vibes you all give me. Motivation has been low, and so has my good attitude. I think it is from working 60-70 hours a week….An interesting learning during these exhausting times is that I can be quite mean for no reason at all. Mostly road rage. I came pretty close to rearranging the collagen on one of the elitist mothers from my kids school and all she did was honk at me. In hindsight, I think it is best for the residence of Colorado that I get an adequate amount of sleep and gym time in my days.

I look forward to the upcoming weeks with work chilling out a bit. I have gone down in pant size, bra size, and my arms are looking and feeling better, I tend to hold ugly fat on my arms so its always exciting for me to see it go away. I still have a long ways to go but the GREAT news is that I have REAL friends around me, a great team to support me AND of course my RX Family!!! Can’t wait to poke through everyone’s journal and see what you guys have been up to!

Hoss06
05-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Keep ur head up mommas...if this were easy everyone would be doing it, right?

cook
05-21-2013, 08:26 AM
great to see you back.Now you can get back to kickin ass in the gym

FitnBuf
05-29-2013, 08:06 AM
Took my 14yr old son to the gym with me...he became INSPIRED after watching Fast 6 with the Rock. Lol. (Great movie btw...a must see, also has Gina Carano in it. She did great)

Any way...my boy kept up with me. For a kid thats built like a basketball player he refused to do less then I did. And I was maxing out my weight just to see what he would push. My boy has the heart of a lifter!! (Mommy is so proud)

He certainly earned his membership. The look on his face when we left was priceless...exhaustion mixed with endorphins....beautiful mix!

Now That was upper body...tonight he will experience LEGS!!! Bwwwhaaahaahaa (dr. Evil laugh)

cook
05-29-2013, 08:10 AM
Took my 14yr old son to the gym with me...he became INSPIRED after watching Fast 6 with the Rock. Lol. (Great movie btw...a must see, also has Gina Carano in it. She did great)

Any way...my boy kept up with me. For a kid thats built like a basketball player he refused to do less then I did. And I was maxing out my weight just to see what he would push. My boy has the heart of a lifter!! (Mommy is so proud)

He certainly earned his membership. The look on his face when we left was priceless...exhaustion mixed with endorphins....beautiful mix!

Now That was upper body...tonight he will experience LEGS!!! Bwwwhaaahaahaa (dr. Evil laugh)
haha..I can wait to hear about him hobbling around tomorrow morning

"Rodz"
05-29-2013, 08:14 AM

This is awesome to hear, and yes the real leg experience will be the morning after lol

robert da strongman
05-29-2013, 08:26 AM
I'm in...great journal. Keep working hard. Always nice when you can get the kids in the gym. My oldest told me she joined one and was working out.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Hoss06
05-29-2013, 09:34 AM
Hell ya! Hahaha that's some great bonding time!

FitnBuf
09-01-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm in...great journal. Keep working hard. Always nice when you can get the kids in the gym. My oldest told me she joined one and was working out.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Certainly makes me proud when he trains with me. :)http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/02/6u2y2e2a.jpg

FitnBuf
09-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Hell ya! Hahaha that's some great bonding time!

AGREED!!! He started high school this year and he is in weight lifting class...I wish they had that option when I was in school...maybe I would look like Anne Freitas by now. Lol

cook
09-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Certainly makes me proud when he trains with me. :)http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/02/6u2y2e2a.jpg
awesome and welcome back

FitnBuf
09-01-2013, 04:06 PM
awesome and welcome back

Thank you. Glad to be back. Have lots of catching up to read. Hope u have been well :)

"Rodz"
09-03-2013, 02:36 AM
Sup, glad ur back

FitnBuf
09-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Sup, glad ur back

Thank you Mike. Feels like coming home lol