PDA

View Full Version : Gerb's 2014 FL State Journal

Gerb
11-28-2012, 03:35 PM
My name is Stephen Gerber. Been competing a few years now. I just came off a show in early November 2012, competed at 186 as a LHW. I am planning to take off the entire year to add more size, ha! pretty much what we all say, right. Hoping to finally reach the 198 mark and max out the class before moving on up to HW and ultimately SHW, but that is down the road. My target show is the FL State 2014 so I have about a full 12 months from March 2013 till I would start dieting in 2014. I did a pretty long off season last year of about 8-9 months but this will really test my abilities to stay on track with no show in sight any time soon. But, I always tell people, bbing is about a committed off season, so lets see if I can back that up.

My current split from now till about March 2013 when my bulk will really begin is 4 training days per 8 days and I take EOD off. Coming off a long diet and with the holidays, it works out well, I get plenty of recovery and no major stress of a packed training schedule. I am just enjoying eating and no stress. I'll clean things up in January and be ready to go 100% in March. Mentally thou, I need a little break.

The split is like this:
Chest / tri / calves
OFF
Back / bi / abs
OFF
Shoulders / traps / calves
OFF
Legs / abs
OFF

I got chest & tri tonight.

Weight is currently 220. up about 30lbs from the point (190) at which I dropped my water back in Nov. Feel good. Couple nagging injury issues I work around, right elbow and low back torn discs but all in all, pretty fit for going heavy.

Here we go.

Sandpig
11-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Hey, you're back! And so am I.;)

Jordan Coburn
11-29-2012, 12:20 PM
I'll be following!!

Gerb
11-29-2012, 04:33 PM

wuz up brotha! I might be back out in Las Vegas this summer again, this time, In-N-Out will be on me!

I'll be following!!

cool, good to have you along bro!

Gerb
11-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Chest / Tri / Calves

Solid session. My 2nd week of training coming off prep. I took a couple weeks off immediately after so still working back into it.

Incline DB Press:
45/15
60/12
75/12
90/10
110/10
120/6

Decline BB Press:
135/10
185/8
225/8
275/6

Incline Fly with turn in's at top:
45/10
55/10
65/8

Flat BB Bench:
135/12
185/10
225/8

Wide Dips:
BW/10
BW/10
BW/10

CG Floor Press:
135/10
155/8
155/6
165/6

Rope Pressdown wide with 2" holds at bottom:
50/15
60/15
70/15

DB Kickbacks with suppuration at top:
20/10
25/10
30/8 drop 25/8 drop 20/8

Single Arm Rev Cable Pressdown:
3sets x 10-15reps moderate weights (forgot exact, like 25-45), squeeze at bottom

Walking on toes (high on toes the entire walk):
90lbs x 50ft forward 50ft backwards - 3 sets

Seated Calf:
3sets x 10 x 90lbs

Donkey Calf:
3sets x 10-15 x stack

Notes:
Solid session. Felt good on chest, was fried when I started CG Floor Press so might rethink the order on some things. Great tricep pumps. The walking on the toes for calves, holy crap, blew them up. I like to do one static type exercise per calf workout, that one was brutal. Here is a pic from last night. Weight is about 219 yesterday AM.

D-NUTZ
11-29-2012, 06:02 PM
IN!.

Jelly of your shoulder width.

jcross485
11-29-2012, 06:11 PM
In on this!

lksurf2
11-29-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm in too!

Gerb
11-29-2012, 06:50 PM
IN!.

Jelly of your shoulder width.

Thanks bro, only problem is highlights my lack of a lats!!!!:mad: ... I'll be addressing that this off season!!!

jcross485
11-29-2012, 07:27 PM
You have an awesome frame...I'm sure you will have no problems filling out your back.

Gerb
11-29-2012, 09:47 PM
My wife just got home, she spent all day with her one of her girlfriends, she just said the 5 sexiest words a man can hear when he wakes up from a 2hr nap, "I bought you a Baconator" :drool:... yes, she is a keeper.

Sandpig
11-30-2012, 07:52 AM
wuz up brotha! I might be back out in Las Vegas this summer again, this time, In-N-Out will be on me!
Sounds like a plan.

And don't forget to bring the shirt this time. lol

cook
11-30-2012, 08:10 AM
great build man and handling some solid weights

daytonaMuscle
11-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Yo, Drivento, what part of FL are you from?

Gerb
11-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Sounds like a plan.

And don't forget to bring the shirt this time. lol

wtf is the matter with me!!! :flowers: in the mail on monday!!! PM me your address. Or text, you got my number, right?

long story shirt, the ones I was going to send sucked, you couldn't train in them cause they turned into a wet towel of sweat. Bad choice of fabric. The new ones are a 50/50 Dry Blend. Important part, Do you want GRAY or BLACK and I only have XL or XXL. I assume XL????

Gerb
11-30-2012, 12:35 PM
You have an awesome frame...I'm sure you will have no problems filling out your back.

Thanks bro, I just gotta be patient and stay committed to the plan.

great build man and handling some solid weights

Thanks cook!

Yo, Drivento, what part of FL are you from?

I live in Orlando area, train all over cause I got multiple gym memberships. You live in Daytona or just from there? I am on North side of O-town so like 35-40mins out from Daytona.

Gerb
11-30-2012, 12:38 PM
I have back / biceps / core tonight. Should be brutal. Tonight is a rowing night. I am doing deads every other week and this is an off week so plan to pound the rows for sure.

Extreme One
11-30-2012, 01:07 PM
In as well. Very pleasing physique. And I feel your pain on the whole "great delts" and weaker back thing. Something I am working on myself. Good luck.

Gerb
11-30-2012, 02:46 PM
In as well. Very pleasing physique. And I feel your pain on the whole "great delts" and weaker back thing. Something I am working on myself. Good luck.

Thanks man, we are always a work in progress, right? I got back tonight so see if I can work on that problem a bit!

daytonaMuscle
11-30-2012, 11:26 PM
I live here in Daytona. The wife and I decided to move back here after I finished my active duty time with the AF. I've native to this area.

Sandpig
12-01-2012, 08:23 AM
wtf is the matter with me!!! :flowers: in the mail on monday!!! PM me your address. Or text, you got my number, right?

long story shirt, the ones I was going to send sucked, you couldn't train in them cause they turned into a wet towel of sweat. Bad choice of fabric. The new ones are a 50/50 Dry Blend. Important part, Do you want GRAY or BLACK and I only have XL or XXL. I assume XL????
Yea you told me you were changing fabric when you were here. I'll text you later.
Grey XL will work.

Shadow
12-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Howdy

Gerb
12-01-2012, 02:06 PM
I live here in Daytona. The wife and I decided to move back here after I finished my active duty time with the AF. I've native to this area.

Cool, you compete on the FL scene? I was at the NPC promoters meeting this AM, a ton of shows this coming year.

Yea you told me you were changing fabric when you were here. I'll text you later.
Grey XL will work.

Right on, I'll ship it monday.

Howdy

What up bro? How you been?

Gerb
12-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Had back / biceps / core last night with my buddy Bachmeier. He always makes it painful. OFF week from deads.

Wide Lat Pulldown dual pulley:
3sets warmup
3sets work 10,8,6 I don't remember, it is a weird stack

DB Rows:
110/10
130/8
150/6

HS Seated Multi Iso Row (Dual Arm):
Med Width Hi Height
180/10
270/8
330/6
Wide Parallel Width Med Height
180/20
180/20
180/20

Straight Arm Pressdown:
50/20
50/29
50/34

Stactic Curl Plate Holds:
25/35/45/35/25/35/45/35/25 - 10sec at each weight, on continuous hold 90sec total per set x 3sets, elbows to sides, forearms parallel to ground

DB Hammer Curls with wrist suppuration and 2sec holds:
25/10 x 3sets .. the twist at the top and then hold made these hurt for sure

Standing Cable Curls:
3sets x 20 ... weight??? ... just a burn out, fast reps

Core:
heavy rope wips for time 3x 30sec
planks with under body 90lbs rope pulls
seated cross body 90lbs rope pulls

Notes:
Solid workout. What was not destroyed train back on the weights was finished off on the heavy rope wips. Had never done them before but this gym has all that funky core equipment. Biceps was pretty much just static holds and contraction and holds. Alot of static stuff, don't need much weight with it, arms blown up. The core stuff I'd have to video for you to understand more than likely, it hurt, just trust me

Curt James
12-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Here we go.

Awesome!

Double awesome.

Howdy

This thread is overflowing with awesome.

Looking forward to following along.

daytonaMuscle
12-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Cool, you compete on the FL scene? I was at the NPC promoters meeting this AM, a ton of shows this coming year.

I haven't competed yet. I'm planning on hitting the stage for the first time in the coming year. I want to do the Dexter Classic in August, but may be ready before that, so I will have to see what the contest schedule looks like.

Gerb
12-01-2012, 05:36 PM
I haven't competed yet. I'm planning on hitting the stage for the first time in the coming year. I want to do the Dexter Classic in August, but may be ready before that, so I will have to see what the contest schedule looks like.

Awesome man! Good luck to you. Here is the tenative schedule, alot of choices.

From the NPC Sanctioning Meeting:
Tentative Schedule:
-March 16 Sunshine State
-March 30 All Women's Pro Bikini/ NPC Battle at the Beach.
-April 6 Jax Physique
-April 13 Orlando Metro Level III
-April 13 Diamond
-April 13 Panhandle Showdown
-April 19-20 Europa
-April 27 Gateway Classic
-May 4 Gulf Coast Championships
-May 11 Southern USA
-May 18 Jr. USA
-May 25 Gold Coast Classic
-June 1st Central Fl Championships
-June 8 Tampa Bay Classic
-June 15 Mid Fl/ Jr. Nats
-June 22 Battle on the Coast
-June 29 Sunset Classic
-July 6 Miami Championships
-July 12-13 Southern States
-July 20 Ancient City Classic
-August 3 Dexter Jackson Classic
-August 9-10 Tim Gardner Extravaganza
-August 17 Fl State Champ
-August 23-24 Lakeland
-Aug 24 Treasure Coast
-Aug 31 Valenti Cup
-Sept 7 Royal Palm
-Sept 14 St. Pete
-Sept 21 Daytona Beach Classic
-Sept 28 Gainesville Classic
-Oct. 5 Hurricane/Typhoon Bay; Filipino Cultural Center
-Oct. 12 SEUSA Championships
-Oct. 12 Ruby Championships
-Oct. 19 Seminole Classic
-Oct. 19 Ft. Lauderdale Cup
-Oct. 26 Dayana Cadeau
-Nov. 2 All South
-Nov 16 Gold Cup
-Nat. 22-23 (location?)

Gerb
12-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Awesome!
Double awesome.
This thread is overflowing with awesome.
Looking forward to following along.

What up Curt!?!

daytonaMuscle
12-01-2012, 05:42 PM
thanks for the schedule outlook.... this helps a lot.

Gerb
12-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Dex has a great show, it is a level 5 so kinda big for a first show IMO, the Mid FL aint to far for you and is a level 4 if you are ready a little earlier, a better first show choice IMO

Gerb
12-01-2012, 06:08 PM
But, whatever you chose, just give it 100% and you'll kickass

Curt James
12-01-2012, 06:38 PM
What up Curt!?!

Celebrated 10 years as an elementary school art teacher! About to go do laundry now. lol Glad you're here, good sir!

But, whatever you chose, just give it 100% and you'll kickass

Coach Gerber!

Gerb
12-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Had off yesterday. Hit up sushi with the Mrs. Had a great night, it was suppose to fuel me for today but might have stayed up a little too late partying with her and so I was feeling it today for shoulders traps. We ended up splitting 8 rolls and had dumpling soup too. Came home and spilt a massive Turtle Pie (so damn good) and a massive bottle of wine, at some point I ended up with cold fried chicken and potato salad in front of me and destroyed that. Yeah, I am not even close to being on a diet lol .... and I don't care!

I trade coaching for Ink with my buddy who is a Tattoo artist. So I was training him at his gym today. Wasn't even close to 100%. Put him through Delts / Traps / Calves.

We did the following, I used about 70% of the weight I typically use, my buddy is destroyed thou so all good:

Seated DB Press
DB Side Laterals
BB Upright Rows
BTN to FRT BB Press burnouts (just bar)
BB Shrugs
DB Shrugs
Machine Calf Press
Seated Calf
Smith Standing Calf

Here are a couple of pics from last night

Shadow
12-02-2012, 02:41 PM
What up bro? How you been?

Pretty good man. Just competed a little bit ago, so I'm in off-season mode now too. Same goals, gotta get bigger, lol.

Gerb
12-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Pretty good man. Just competed a little bit ago, so I'm in off-season mode now too. Same goals, gotta get bigger, lol.

Cool, what show? what weight? How did it go? I was happy with mine, I qualified for Nats (which was just a pride thing, I ain't ready for that) with a 2nd place and brought 15lbs more stage weight vs 2011 as a Middle vs Lightheavy. Yeah, I hear you thou, gotta grow. Next time up, I plan on being a heavy, I had thought to come in a Lightheavy but I am thinking I have enough time to come in as a smaller heavy which would be fine with me.

Shadow
12-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Cool, what show? what weight? How did it go? I was happy with mine, I qualified for Nats (which was just a pride thing, I ain't ready for that) with a 2nd place and brought 15lbs more stage weight vs 2011 as a Middle vs Lightheavy. Yeah, I hear you thou, gotta grow. Next time up, I plan on being a heavy, I had thought to come in a Lightheavy but I am thinking I have enough time to come in as a smaller heavy which would be fine with me.

Eastern USA. I had to travel quite a ways, but I wanted the competition. Weighed in at 168.2, 16.3 pounds up from my last and first contest. Fifth out of 15 middleweights. Not bad for my second show, but I'm not satisfied. I have about 8 pounds left in the class, but if I have another amazing off-season, I'll be a lighter light-heavy. I need to be a light-heavy to go places, so it's just a lot of eating and pushing weight for now.

Qualifying for Nats, even if you're not ready, is pretty cool. More than a lot of people can say!

Gerb
12-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Eastern USA. I had to travel quite a ways, but I wanted the competition. Weighed in at 168.2, 16.3 pounds up from my last and first contest. Fifth out of 15 middleweights. Not bad for my second show, but I'm not satisfied. I have about 8 pounds left in the class, but if I have another amazing off-season, I'll be a lighter light-heavy. I need to be a light-heavy to go places, so it's just a lot of eating and pushing weight for now.

Qualifying for Nats, even if you're not ready, is pretty cool. More than a lot of people can say!

that sounds like a good plan to me, yeah, I'd just skip middles and move on up. unless it is your long term class which you just stated it aint, then no point in sticking around IMO just to win, and conditioning is always to number factor so you can do very well, even as a smaller lhw. 16 pounds is huge!!! Very nice bro.

Gerb
12-03-2012, 12:15 PM
It seems like there is a mad rush to make it to the "national level". I laugh a little when I see athletes on facebook add "National Level" to there name as if it is some "IFBB lite". No, it is just NPC. And unless you are constantly in that top 5 to get the following year exemption, yep, you will be back at the lowly "local level" at some point to requalify. It seems as thou many are embarrassed to say they compete at the local level. In FL, the local level can be quite tough. I remember many years back as a teenager when I first got into bodybuilding (only to get out of it for another 20years, huge mistake! a story for another time), there was pride in being a local Champion, actually holding a title. In Florida, we have many many shows (43 in 2013). Shows like the Tampa Bay Classic have a 31yr running length, only a level 3. The list of winners is filled with IFBB Pros thou. If you met Mr. Orlando, (level 4), that was a pretty cool deal, and Mr Florida, damn! He is the man. Sadly, much of the prestige of local titles seems to have faded with the draw for Pro Cards at the National level and the mad rush to get the qualification so you can move on to the prestigious National level. Funny thing thou, go see a National level show, you will see athlete after athlete that could not even win a local level show. It is the system in place, not the athletes, but as athletes, we do have a say in the shows we chose and how we go about our career in this sport. When first time competitors ask me what show to do, I always tell them to find a small local show to get their feet wet, learn the ropes, and build from there. I am a relatively new guy to the industry, only competed in 5 shows so I am not declaring myself an authority, I simply feel I have the right perspective. However when I give this advice, I often hear the same thing back, "but that show isn't a qualifier". News flash, you aint freaking qualified to compete at that level even if you some how managed to "qualify" based on low attendance or poor quality etc... I think what people forget or lose site of is that you do not get too many chances to be an overall champion, you can be a class winner but to win the overall, in any show, that is pretty cool. That means, all entered and in the end, you above all others are judged the best on that day. Pretty cool in my book. And yeah, you win an overall at a level 2 or 3 or 4, it doesn't mean much in the big National discussion or really even on the local level but at the same time, it does mean alot. It means you are a Champion. How many Pro out there have earned a card and never won a show, ALOT! Class winners, sure, but overall champions with a title? Nope! Many many IFBB Pros are not Champions, actually title holders. But how many NPC athletes actually have the genetics and structure to become IFBB Pros, very very few. So I say, work your way up through the ranks, you do not get too many chances to become a champion, and many just skip the opportunity completely and because of that never will. Hey, if you are good enough to jump into a level 5 first time and dominate, go for it, you probably aren't thou, very few are, I wasn't and still am not. One day I hope to be but 99% of the athletes I compete with aren't either. But what is funny, I have never seen a person win a small local show and not be smiling ear to ear just like they won the Mr O. This sport is about the journey from the beginning of prep to walking off the stage. Why rush through that journey. Levels are there for a reason, because we all do not come in to the sport ready to compete at the highest level. I do not agree with trophy hunting at all, if you are beyond a certain level, then move on. The system is in place for you to move on, but if you are a newbie, never competed before, realize that system is in place for guys just like you and if you choose your shows wisely, you can have a great career in the sport, achieve some great thing and still progress along to the next level, however high that progression takes you.

cook
12-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Had off yesterday. Hit up sushi with the Mrs. Had a great night, it was suppose to fuel me for today but might have stayed up a little too late partying with her and so I was feeling it today for shoulders traps. We ended up splitting 8 rolls and had dumpling soup too. Came home and spilt a massive Turtle Pie (so damn good) and a massive bottle of wine, at some point I ended up with cold fried chicken and potato salad in front of me and destroyed that. Yeah, I am not even close to being on a diet lol .... and I don't care!

I trade coaching for Ink with my buddy who is a Tattoo artist. So I was training him at his gym today. Wasn't even close to 100%. Put him through Delts / Traps / Calves.

We did the following, I used about 70% of the weight I typically use, my buddy is destroyed thou so all good:

Seated DB Press
DB Side Laterals
BB Upright Rows
BTN to FRT BB Press burnouts (just bar)
BB Shrugs
DB Shrugs
Machine Calf Press
Seated Calf
Smith Standing Calf

Here are a couple of pics from last night
that`s the way to party,lot`s of good food.Your wife is very pretty

D-NUTZ
12-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Nice read man.

I think it's funny period when people put NPC or IFBB (insert name)...or start a fan page when they have done like two shows and barely made top 5.

You don't see any other professions doing it.

I guess I need to get with the times.

Future Chiropractor Derek Lutz

Gerb
12-04-2012, 02:43 PM
that`s the way to party,lot`s of good food.Your wife is very pretty

Thanks bro! she is a looker in my book! (quick pimp of wife site www.janetrosa.com , check her out, she is way awesome!)

Nice read man.

I think it's funny period when people put NPC or IFBB (insert name)...or start a fan page when they have done like two shows and barely made top 5.

You don't see any other professions doing it.

I guess I need to get with the times.

Future Chiropractor Derek Lutz

lmao @ Future Chiropractor Derek Lutz! I think I am going to change my FB name too! maybe NPC Local Level Stephen Gerber or Has a day job Stephen Gerber

Gerb
12-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Hey everyone, if any of you take ALR Industries products, my company, Diamond Muscle, is having a blow out sell on the remaining 2012 Inventory. We turn over inventory fast so all stock is typically no older than 2 months from being received direct from the factory. I buy direct, not through a wholesaler.

Check out the deals, this is a limited time sale to make room for 2013 inventory.

http://www.diamondmuscle.com/2012-christmas-sale.html

Gerb
12-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Well, I have managed to hurt myself even thou I just got started in my off season. I pulled something pretty bad in my upper left quad groin area. Very painful. I plan to ride it out till the new year, deductible resets and if still having issues, get it looked at.

So, training from now till it heals up is going to be modified. It effects everything really as I can't even do a standing press or curl, any thing that my legs brace on it hurts bad and I buckle under it. So, HOORAY FOR MACHINES.... :mad: ... But I will make the most of it, heal up and be back at it full strength soon enough. My official off season doesn't start till March 2013 so I just gotta relax some, and take it easy, and realize I got a long one ahead of me so no rush. .... How I did this, not sure, I think it was my leg workout where I finished with wide squats. That is all I can figure. It was getting better till I did situps last night, bad move POP! and I was done.

cook
12-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Damn sorry to hear.Take care of that^^^

Sandpig
12-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Get well, bro.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAJkfoVYl32_elma77755mYht-a0p-5SUxYcW7bVcVdIBxTwqz

Gerb
12-06-2012, 01:05 PM
I think I tore something, I don't have any bruising but the pain is worse than when I tore my discs in my back. Pretty bad. I am treating with ice and heat alternating. The pain radiates down to my knee across my hip and into my glute low back and tightens everything. The heat seems to relax the areas and the ice directly on the injury, upper quad/hipflexor area seems to control swelling. ... this thing is a bitch. ... I was up the entire night till 430am when I finally just got out of bed, the pain is worst in bed, I think because straightening my leg causes the most pain. I had to meet a client at 545am, so I met him, climing into my truck and back out was pure comedy, put him through a chest workout, we used a bunch of machines. It was gay. I was like a dang cripple moving around that place, but I discovered the lifefitness chest press aint too bad a machine! got home and managed to find a comfortable position on my bed and was out like a light till I moved slightly and the pain all hit again. So 2hrs total sleep. Hooray! ... But, I know right now it is just all in the initial trauma phase and I think (I would hope!) that by next Monday things will have settled down and I can walk some. The rest of the month it is all machines, that is for sure, and taking it real easy. I have come back from way worse injuries so like I said, not worried and my pain threshold is high so all good. Big game this weekend, I am a die hard Skins fan! Gotta beat the Ravens, hope for another Giants lose. Sandpig has a big game Monday night, old JJ going to be looking to cause havoc on Brady, I'll pull for the Pats for you bro too.

daytonaMuscle
12-06-2012, 09:26 PM
wow, dude.... this totally sucks. sorry to hear it

Sandpig
12-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Go Skins! http://www.accelerator3359.com/iowa/ladies/redskins.gif

Gerb
12-07-2012, 02:29 PM
The thigh deal is getting a little better, I have been doing alot of ice treatment and that has really helped. ... I can walk again! actually it is more like a gangsta strut with a slide of the foot but still, I can move from the couch to the beer back to the couch!

Gerb
12-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Go Skins! http://www.accelerator3359.com/iowa/ladies/redskins.gif

Is this one of those homo test? if you notice the backwards numbers you are homo

D-NUTZ
12-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Is this one of those homo test? if you notice the backwards numbers you are homo

Dammit

Gerb
12-07-2012, 08:54 PM
3hrs in the tattoo chair combined with my quad issue = not fun!

Gerb
12-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Food prep time ...

Sandpig
12-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Wow, I posted it and din't even notice the #'s.

Food prep? Let me guess chicken? lol

Gerb
12-08-2012, 08:52 AM

yep!

Curt James
12-08-2012, 09:29 AM
I think I tore something

Aw, maaaaan! :-/

The thigh deal is getting a little better, I have been doing alot of ice treatment and that has really helped. ... I can walk again! actually it is more like a gangsta strut with a slide of the foot but still, I can move from the couch to the beer back to the couch!

heh Glad there's been some improvement. And especially that you're able to accomplish the most important tasks!

Passed!

jcross485
12-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Hope you heal up quick buddy!

Gerb
12-08-2012, 01:57 PM

Cause your all man brother! I must be like 34% homo cause I noticed about 34 sec later

Gerb
12-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Aw, maaaaan! :-/

heh Glad there's been some improvement. And especially that you're able to accomplish the most important tasks!

Passed!

All about priorities! :-)

Gerb
12-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Hope you heal up quick buddy!
Thanks bro, me too, I think I will be good, the icing on the thigh 5-6x a day seems to really have helped my mobility, going to go put myself through a "seated" back workout even today, all machines .... weird, very weird.

lksurf2
12-08-2012, 02:56 PM
lol when I read ice treatment real quick I thought it said ice cream treatment lol. sorry to here about the injury but glad it's getting a bit better

Gerb
12-08-2012, 04:06 PM
lol when I read ice treatment real quick I thought it said ice cream treatment lol. sorry to here about the injury but glad it's getting a bit better

that works too! I am still in post comp gorging mode so no problem there!

Gerb
12-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Hobbled into the gym. Was good. Stuck to my rules. #1 Rule, don't try to pick up a single free weight. I am my own worst enemy when am hurt and tend to compound things being stupid. But, I was good. It was painful as it is almost impossible not to brace your leg while training my back but I did my best and do not think I caused anymore damage than is already present.

Rpe-workout cocktail:
ALR Industries - Chain'd Reaction, N'Gorge NOS, Cyclo-Creation
Intra-workout:
ALR Industires - Chain'd Out, Humapro
Post Work:
ALR Industries - Chain'd Reaction, Chain'd Out, Humapro, Cyclo-Creation
Post workout Meal:
Grill chicken, jasmine rice (alot)

Wide Lat Pulldowns 1 warmup 3 work
Seated Hi Med Grip HS Parallel Row 3 work
Seated Med Wide Parallel Grip Parallel Row HS 3 work + 1 drop
Straight Arm Pressdown 3 sets hi reps (30-50 per set)
Single Arm Pulldown 3 work
Seated Hyper Exten 3 work
Seated Calf Press 6 work
Seated Leg Curl 7 work

I am back home now, icing my quad, about to crush some grilled chicken and rice, watching Army Navy. GO ARMY BEAT NAVY!!!

Gerb
12-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Side note: Solo tonight, my wife took off down to the Mr. O to hang with her buddies so I lost my UFC partner. We love watching fights together. Might grab my Patna (Casey my 12yr old) and hit a sports bar for wings or something and watch the fights. She likes UFC too and is a great date when my wifey aint around.

jcross485
12-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Side note: Solo tonight, my wife took off down to the Mr. O to hang with her buddies so I lost my UFC partner. We love watching fights together. Might grab my Patna (Casey my 12yr old) and hit a sports bar for wings or something and watch the fights. She likes UFC too and is a great date when my wifey aint around.

You and me both...my girl loves watching the fights with me. She wasn't into it until about a year and a half ago but now she is a huge fan and she actually knows what she is talking about too!

Sandpig
12-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Lucky guys. My wife is not into any sports at all so won't watch em with me.

But I got my 20 yr old son, who still lives with us, for that.

Gerb
12-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Skins defense sucks! Going to need a great 2nd half to pick up this win.

Gerb
12-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Lucky guys. My wife is not into any sports at all so won't watch em with me.

But I got my 20 yr old son, who still lives with us, for that.

I think J likes MMA for the eye candy, all her favorites are the same ripped pretty boy look lol

jcross485
12-09-2012, 02:48 PM
That's pretty funny...my girl loves Dos Santos and any of the guys she's seen on TUF. I personally don't have any faves per se besides Rashad Evans, and that's only because he's a local boy and I've actually been fortunate enough to meet him and lift with him on several occasions. His best friend through HS and his JuCo wrestling days owns a gym up here I hit up here and there when I want a change of scenery for the day...I've gotten to know the owner so he always gives me a heads up when Evans is back in town and is looking for someone to get a lift in with.

Gerb
12-09-2012, 03:29 PM
That's pretty funny...my girl loves Dos Santos and any of the guys she's seen on TUF. I personally don't have any faves per se besides Rashad Evans, and that's only because he's a local boy and I've actually been fortunate enough to meet him and lift with him on several occasions. His best friend through HS and his JuCo wrestling days owns a gym up here I hit up here and there when I want a change of scenery for the day...I've gotten to know the owner so he always gives me a heads up when Evans is back in town and is looking for someone to get a lift in with.

Very cool! Evans is a beast is the cage

Gerb
12-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Hits arms, painful, mainly because of my leg, this thing is really pissing me off:

Smith CGBP 95/20 135/15 185/15 225/10 225/10
Rope 30/15 40/15 50/15
Single Arm Rev Pressdown 20/15 x 3sets
Tricep Dip Machine 135/10 190/10 160/16
Machine Preacher 2sets @ 10,8 don't know weight + 1 drop sets @ 6,6,6,6
Rope Hammer 80/10 100/10 120/6 drop to 90,60,30
Concentration Curls 15/10 20/10 25/10
Calf Press 3sets
Seated Calf Raise 3sets
Standing Smith Calf 3sets

Decent work, leg issue makes everything much more challenging, tried to go a little heavier on first tri and first bi exercise and after that just went for a good pump. Calves got killed. Got shoulders tomorrow night with my main training partner so that should be good.

Gerb
12-10-2012, 02:59 PM
http://www.diamondmuscle.com/2012-christmas-sale.html

The remaining inventory is going fast. We ship quick. If you order drop me a message and I'll get you a Diamond Muscle T-Shirt as well for free.

Gerb
12-10-2012, 03:05 PM
On the left, Nov 2012, 186lbs 2nd Place LHW out of 11
On the right, Oct 2012, 171lbs 1st place MW out of 12
Hoping to get back onstage Aug 2014 at 205-210

jcross485
12-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Much bigger, thicker, and better overall. Nice work!

D-NUTZ
12-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Pretty good balance man.

Any back/side shots?

Gerb
12-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Pretty good balance man.

Any back/side shots?

Thx bro, here are a few:

D-NUTZ
12-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Basically what I see...

real good delts
arms are pretty good

needs more:
Overall thickness
More ham drop
More quad
chest thickness
back thickness
more conditioning from the bottom (mainly hams/glutes)

Gerb
12-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Yeah, that is pretty much the deal, it is no mystery, I have a Super-Heavy height and frame that started out as a Welter. Give me 3 more years, I'll get there. Just gotta take it slow. Trying to bump up one class to a half a class per year. Thanks for the input, I always like to hear others opinions, good or bad, it all drives me to be better.

On my conditioning, for this show, I stopped all cardio at 2 weeks out and did not deplete at all. The reason was I targeted a certain amount of size with basically this level of conditioning for this show. I can easily come in tighter but I put the breaks on. I didn't want to look too stringy next to the competition. For this show it worked. For the next show as a heavy, I think I will be able to just bring it completely peeled and be fine as I'll have enough muscle not to look too stringy (at the level I compete at). I was a little bummed I didn't bring it tighter but I know it would have ended up a bad look at a LHW and all in all, I completely exceeded my goals by placing 2nd and getting a qualification (which aint getting used lol)

D-NUTZ
12-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah, that is pretty much the deal, it is no mystery, I have a Super-Heavy height and frame that started out as a Welter. Give me 3 more years, I'll get there. Just gotta take it slow. Trying to bump up one class to a half a class per year. Thanks for the input, I always like to hear others opinions, good or bad, it all drives me to be better.

You and me both lol.

Gerb
12-10-2012, 06:04 PM
You and me both lol.

This is why alot of MP guys piss me off, not personally becuase they are MP, MP is a good division for guys with the right model look, but because they are selling themselves short, guys act like everyone started out huge. No, most SHW started out small at one point, but rather than saying, I am too tall, they drove on and achieved their goals. If a guy just likes the division and that is the look they want, cool, compete MP, but alot of guys don't place well in BBing and take MP as the easier way out.

D-NUTZ
12-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Plus you don't have to train legs lol.

Gerb
12-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Shoulders and Traps tonight. Will be interesting to see what I can do, dang quad issue ain't getting better at all. But, I got a good partner tonight so he should be able to help with weights and stuff. Wife is hitching a ride to the gym with me, she has quads or something, so more than likely hit some late night grub after training with her.

cook
12-11-2012, 04:48 PM
just do what you can do without further injury. I know you want to push it but now is the time for some recovery

Gerb
12-12-2012, 12:36 AM
just do what you can do without further injury. I know you want to push it but now is the time for some recovery

yep, I hear you

Gerb
12-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Solid session, quad/groin issue made for extremely painful session but I worked around it (currently icing it). Overall, pretty satisfied.

Smith Seated Frt Press:
95/15
135/15
155/10
185/10
205/10
225/6

Seated Side Lateral Machine:
60/15
80/15
100/15
150/6 drop 120/6 drop 90/6 drop 60/10

Seated Dual Arm DB Frt Raises:
20/12
25/12
30/10

Seated on floor (so I didn't brace my leg) BB Press frt to rear:
40/60
40/50
40/40

Seated HS Shrug:
140/20
180/20
270/20
360/20
270/20
180/30

Seated FM Frt Shrug:
3sets x 10-15reps weights 100-150

cook
12-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Looks like you were able to get some good work in.

jcross485
12-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Still doing good work despite the injury. Keep pushing man!

Gerb
12-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Looks like you were able to get some good work in.

Still doing good work despite the injury. Keep pushing man!

Thanks guys, it sucked and the area was pretty inflamed by the end but it was just from getting up and down and bracing my leg on accident. Overall, not bad thou, if I can keep my workouts going like that, I think I will be fine and still continue to make some gains in places. Just crappy being stuck on machines. Not use to that at all. But, I keep getting sore after workouts so maybe some new angles and ROM will be good for me.

D-NUTZ
12-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Great mindset.

Gerb
12-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Leg day pretty short these days lol.

Seated Calf Raises 5sets x 10-15reps
Seated Calf Press 7sets x 10-15reps

Seated Leg Curl 9sets x 10-30reps

Machine Preacher Curl 4sets x 10-15reps
Rope Hammer Curls 4sets x 20reps

Notes: Found a new machine for calves, crazy stretch and huge ROM with it, calves where blown up. Great thing about these journals, reading others reminds me of things I might have forgotten. One thing was adding in some touch up work on parts I want to bring up. I think I will start adding in more of this, especially since my intensity on the primary work days is a little less than normal with my injury so I think my body can handle it. Added 8sets touch ups for the biceps/forearms. Arm pump was crazy.

I took 75grams carbs pre and 75 grams post workout., starting to really focus on getting my macros back up to where they need to be. Weight is 220 this morning. I am home now eating chicken and rice and icing up the quad watching ESPN Bo Jackson special, Bo was incredible.

D-NUTZ
12-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Hey, it's better than no leg day man.

The Bo special was AMAZING.

Gerb
12-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Hey, it's better than no leg day man.

The Bo special was AMAZING.

absolutely! I am just glad I can walk into and out of the gym. It was pretty scary for a few days

Gerb
12-12-2012, 11:27 PM
So I have been working on some half sleeves, elbows to wrist. I'd like full sleeves but not while I am competing. I like my grainy shoulders/triceps/biceps and tats take away from that IMO and I am not doing cover up makeup, maybe down the road but for now, dual half sleeves is what I am working on. I started on my left side, I just started getting individual pieces done with no real plan and have pretty much filled in the left forearm. Next session (the 20th) will be half the filler and then the following session the last half of the filler. I plan to just let Todd (my tat guy and good buddy) fill in as he sees fit, whatever works and ties it together. so.... with the left side basically done, time to start working on the right. The tentative plan is to kinda match similar themes to the left side. I have a portrait of my wife and younger daughter on left side along with four other pieces (a crab and three skull pieces), so I am planning to put a portrait of my older daughter in same spot right side as younger and a second portrait of my wife same spot right side. But, that still leave alot of space.

Here are my ideas:

1. A neo-traditional eagle (patriotic side of me), smaller piece like 3x4
2. Some sort of gear/cogs/clock type piece. i love watches and have always been fascinated by the mechanics of time pieces. larger piece 3x6
3. the two portraits
4. and I'll have room for a final piece which I am not sure, I may let Todd just surprise me

or

I have this piece of art I commission Jerry Beck on this past year. It is a bad ass piece he did of my wife as an angel standing on a pile of demons she just slaughter. She is pretty much naked but it isn't graphic but the demons are kinda graphic I guess. It is just really cool. It is full on Iron Asylum style original piece. If I get that I will have to have it shrunk down cause currently it is on an 11x17 and I'll have to break my rule and use the upper arm. It would fit my back but it is too awesome to put back there cause I'd never see it and I am not really interested in a big back piece. Maybe the calf, that isn't a bad spot and i could still see it. Not sure.

Ink is so addictive, I got one on my back and it was all over from there.

Gerb
12-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Solid session. First decent "machine" workout I have had where I really pushed to failure or close enough. Quad/groin injury continuing to improve. Still painful but I was able to sleep for 4hr last night without waking up to ice it which is a first. So, I think I might be turning the corner. Even walking fairly (I use that loosely) normal too.

Life Fitness Incline Press
3 warmups @ 75,90,105 x 15
150/10
195/10
255(stack)/10 ... just about 1 rep short form failure

Life Fitness Chest Press
150/10
195/10
255 (stack)/10 ... that was form failure

Wide Dips
BW/20
BW/20
BW/15

Incline DB Fly
35/15
35/15
35/15
... this exercise was cause the pec dec was taken but still not ready for DBs, too light to really work it but to awkward with my quad to get in position and really crank out reps, but I got a good stretch

Dual Arm Iso Pec Dec
3set x 10reps ... weight was 40 or 50, not sure
... with these I start with both arms together and with one arm still straight with the pec in the fully contracted position, I do a single ROM with the other arm and alternate pausing in the center for 1 sec on each rep with arms together. So 10 reps is actually 20 individual reps. My favorite chest finisher for sure. Kicks Crossovers ass all day long.

Rope Pressdown
40/20
40/20
40/20
30/20
... I pause at the bottom 2sec each rep and squeeze, great touch up exercise, huge pump, rested just longer enough for partner to finish

That was it. Got back tomorrow night.

Gerb
12-14-2012, 03:00 PM
What a messed up world. I get somethings, this, I am at a lose to explain.

... Back/Rear Delts/Calves tonight.

Gerb
12-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Caught a cold, hit me late last night after training and ... I can't really remember the weights but here is the workout

Hanging BW Rows (body in elevated inverted pushup position off bar) 4sets
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown 4sets w/ a drop set
Wide Parallel Grip LifeFitness Seated Row 4sets w/ two drop sets
Single Arm Seated Cable Row 4sets
Straight Arm Pressdown 4sets
Free Motion Calf Press 3sets
Donkey Calf 3sets supersetted with Back exten 3sets
Standing BW Calf 3sets

Gerb
12-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Decent session, first time in 4 weeks I was able to lay flat on a bench and tuck my feet back underneath me, that was a real positive and really helped on the exercise. Quad/groin improving. Still alot of pain but ROM and overall pain level greatly decreased. I have the rest of this week on machines, then off to the beach on vacation through the New Year (no training). And hopefully nice and recovered to get back at it decently in the New Year. So far, the recovery plan is coming along nicely.

Smith CGBP
135/10
155/10
185/5
225/5
275/5
295/5 ... spot on last two

Rope Pressdown(weird stack, weight is listed half what it feels)
25/15
30/15
35/12
42.5/10
50/10

Rev Single Arm Cable Pressdown (same stack as Rope)
20/10 x 3sets

BW Dips (close bars)

Seated Incline DB Curls
25/10
35/8
45/6

Rope Hammer (weird stack again)
50/10 x 3sets

EPIC Machine Curl
50/10
60/10
70/10
80/10
90/6 ... with negative each rep

EZ Bar Rev Curl
70/10 x 3sets

Touchups:

EPIC Seated Leg Curl
50/10
70/10
90/10
110/10
110/10
110/10

EPIC Seated Calf Press
100/15
120/15
140/12
160/12
180/10
200/10

PREWORKOUT: Humapro/Chain'Out/Chain'd Reaction/Cyclo Creation/N'Gorge NOS
INTRA: Chain'd Out

... Home now, chowing down on wife's homemade wonton soup, so good!

nom nom nom...

Big Barry
12-18-2012, 04:43 AM
Great journal, Steve! Let me know next time you change your name so I can find you! lol

I'll always think of you as SteveG... the guy who could crack a coconut with his glutes!

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy298/bigbarrybell/steveg_zpsc18f9fd5.gif

Sandpig
12-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Hey I'm coming down with a cold too. Caught it from my wife who got it in Hawaii. Go figure.

Gerb
12-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Great journal, Steve! Let me know next time you change your name so I can find you! lol

I'll always think of you as SteveG... the guy who could crack a coconut with his glutes!

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy298/bigbarrybell/steveg_zpsc18f9fd5.gif

I have finally arrived!!!!! You remember that night! I believe you said coconut milk never tastes so good! My gratitude over flowith for Big Barry Christmas GIF!

Gerb
12-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Decent session. Kinda took my time, rested maybe more than normal but whatever, felt decent.

Smith Frt Press
95/10
135/10
155/10
175/5
195/5
215/5
235/3 ... spotter fail, he was suppose to help me get 5, but was MIA on the spot so got 3 clean, realized he was in lala land and just racked it

LifeFitness Side Lateral Machine
80/10
100/10
120/10
140/8

Seated DB Frt Raises
20/10
25/8
30/6

Iso Arm HS Shoulder Press (pin selected)
60/10
80/10
100/10
120/10
140/10

Rear Delt Pec Dec
80/10
100/10
120/10

Seated HS Shrug
180/15
270/12
360/10

FM Frt Shrug
100/10
120/10
140/10

LifeFitness Wide Elbows High Seated Row (rear delt emphasis)
3sets x 10reps whatever weight???

Gerb
12-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Hey I'm coming down with a cold too. Caught it from my wife who got it in Hawaii. Go figure.

It hit me hard, came on in like 15mins, one moment I was fine, the next moment razors in my throat and head pounding. I think it is a facebook virus cause all my facebook peeps got colds!

D-NUTZ
12-18-2012, 11:09 PM
I always wished I has a side raise machine....love those things.

Gerb
12-18-2012, 11:12 PM
I always wished I has a side raise machine....love those things.

The Golds I train at has 4 lol, a bit overkill, three seated and one standing???

cook
12-19-2012, 08:08 AM
Looks like you are getting some strong upper body workouts.Legs will come back in a hurry when you get them healthy again.Gotta love the distracted spotter

D-NUTZ
12-19-2012, 11:29 AM
The Golds I train at has 4 lol, a bit overkill, three seated and one standing???

Jealous. The YMCA I travel to every now and then has a seated one...but I only travel there for leg day.

Sandpig
12-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Spotter?

Can't find one to train with me at 4:30 am.

;)

Gerb
12-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Finished off a solid week of training, chest thursday, hit back/traps today. I am heading off on a 10 day vacation and signing off. No training, just going to rest up till the New Year.

Merry Christmas to everyone and hope you all have a safe and happy new years! See you all in 2013.

jcross485
12-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Enjoy your time off, rest up, and get ready to kill it again

D-NUTZ
12-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Enjoy it bro. I haven't had a vacation in years. Going on a cruise in the Summer, can't wait.

Gerb
12-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Got back from vacation today. Not totally done as I head out of town tomorrow for my buddies wedding. First thing to do after unpacking, hit the gym! Felt very good to push some weights around after a week off.

Didn't over do anything. Just got some blood in the muscles.

Incline DB Press
50/12
65/10
80/10
95/10
110/8

HS Pin selected Single Arm Incline Press
60/10
50/12
40/15

Flat Cable Flys
3sets at 30lbs each side x 10-12

Seated Calf Raises ss w/ Static Holds on Standing Calf
3sets each reps 10 static 30-60sec.

Seated EPIC Calf Press
6sets 10-15reps

Seated Leg Curl ss w/ Leg Exten
3sets x 20reps each

LifeFitness Back Exten
4sets x 10-25reps

Gerb
01-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Trying to just fit in the rest of the body this week to start on my new split on Monday. So, a little bit of everything tonight.

Seated DB Presses
30/20
40/15
50/15
60/6
75/6
85/6
95/6

Machine Side Lats
100/15
120/12
150/12

Smith Wide Upright Rows (bench press width)
95/10
135/10
155/8
185/8

Seated DB Frt Raises (ROM about 15 degrees from vertical to bring in traps)
30/10 x 3sets

HS Seated Shrug ss w/ Hypers
180/12 ss BW/15-20 - 4 sets

Smith CGBP
135/10
185/10
225/10
275/6
275/5
275/6

Tri Rope Exten
50/20 x 5sets

DB Shrug ss w/ Diamond Pushups
100/10,10,10 ss BW/15,12,8

FM Calf Press
100,120,140,160,180,200,180,160,140,120,100 x 10-20 each

Overall, solid session, felt pretty strong on Seated DB Presses, think I am good at 100-110 now. About time to up the weight. But was happy with 95s. My leg injury, well still painful, has improved to the point I can use some free weight again which is cool. Was a little beat by the time I started triceps CGBP but 275 after shoulders on the smith not too bad. Plan to take tomorrow off and then hit back, legs on friday (legs is limited to extens and curls so not much).

D-NUTZ
01-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Ah, smith upright rows...haven't done those in a hot minute.

Glad to hear the leg is feeling a little better.

Gerb
01-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Ah, smith upright rows...haven't done those in a hot minute.

Glad to hear the leg is feeling a little better.

Thanks D, yeah, those smith uprights are pretty solid, especially for really wide pulls

Gerb
01-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Was going to hit some legs with back tomorrow but then thought ... why not tonight! So got in a decent session. Did a bunch of different exercises.

For quads I got in about 15sets and hams I got in about 10sets. Calves I got in 9sets.

Not a workout worth writing out, basically hit a bunch of higher rep stuff like 50 rep leg extens, 20 rep high feet leg press close stance, 20 rep leg curls kneeling and seated. All good. Was able to get a great pump and work around the injury. All in all, solid session. Don't think I did anything that will make me sore but got a good amount of blood in them and was walking funny down the three flights of stairs of the gym back to the car.

Gerb
01-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Weight is at 220.

Start my new split tomorrow. Looks like this.

Arms, calves
Legs, core
Chest w/ lite Tri, calves
Shoulders w/ lite Legs, core
Back w/ lite Bi, calves

Plan to run 6 weeks. Take a week off and then I start my bulk in March.

Leg injury is alot better. Still not ready for anything heavy on it other than curls and exten but I have started some lighter pressing and hacks with them. Right elbow is still jacked, that date backs to mid last year it started flaring. I guess it is tendinitis, not really sure but ice does help a good deal after training.

Big Barry
01-07-2013, 12:23 AM
LOL at your AVI, Steve!

Hope you enjoyed the holidays, brother!

jcross485
01-07-2013, 07:37 AM
I like the split. Best of luck, keep doing everything you can to recover and grow for next year!

Gerb
01-07-2013, 11:28 PM
LOL at your AVI, Steve!

Hope you enjoyed the holidays, brother!

from what I have been told, I had an amazing time

I like the split. Best of luck, keep doing everything you can to recover and grow for next year!

Will do bro, that is the plan

Gerb
01-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Solid start to the new split.

Smith CGBP
95/10
135/10
185/10
225/6
255/6
275/6
295/6
315/3 drop 225/10 drop 135/12

Rope Exten
50/20
60/15
70/12
80/10

DB Kickbacks
25/6
30/6
35/6
40/6 drop 30/6 drop 25/6 drop 20/6

Diamond Pushups BW
4 ... lol, but true

LifeFitness Machine Curls
50/10
60/10
70/10
90/10
110/6

Dual Arm Incline DB Curl
30/6
40/6
50/6
60/3 drop 45/6 drop 25/6

DB Hammer Curls
45/6
55/6
65/6
75/6

Smith Standing Calf (3 count at top) ss w/ EZ Bar Rev Curl
135/10 - 65/10
185/10 - 65/10
225/10 - 65/10

FM Calf Press
200/10 x 3sets

Seated Calf Raise (3 count at top)
45/10 x 3sets

.... done!

jcross485
01-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Good start to say the least. Do you find you hit a wall on tris? I find that I can be cruising right along during a set then...nothing.

Sandpig
01-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Nice work, boss.

cook
01-08-2013, 04:21 PM
glad to hear the leg is better.go get em Gerb

Gerb
01-10-2013, 01:00 AM
Good start to say the least. Do you find you hit a wall on tris? I find that I can be cruising right along during a set then...nothing.

Not really hit a wall, but I think that has to do with how I train, I do heavy in the beginning and after that it is pretty much just blood volume and faster pace to blow up the triceps, my elbows can only take so much with the heavy weight

Nice work, boss.

word!

glad to hear the leg is better.go get em Gerb

Thanks man, it is indeed!

Gerb
01-10-2013, 01:07 AM
Solid session.

Incline DB Press
35/15
45/15
60/10
80/6
100/6
120/9 ... not a PR but getting close for reps

Magnum Machine Incline Press
130/15
180/15
210/10
250/6

Flat DB Press
75/6
85/6
95/6

Flat Bench Cable Flys (in the crossover)
30/20
40/20
30/20

Wide Dips @ BW

Tri Rope Exten
45x20 5sets

Donkey Calf
3sets

Walking Weighted on Toes x 50ft forward/50ft backwards
90lbs x 3sets

Seated Calf Raises
3sets x 10reps 1plate

Gerb
01-12-2013, 12:49 AM
Hit Shoulders/Traps yesterday but too busy to record ... so moving on.

Tonight was awesome and brutal. Kinda tweaked the back yesterday doing hang cleans so had to work around that issue but it actually felt better after training. Damn lower discs flare up now and then (normally associated with me doing something stupid).

Single Arm Low Close Row Machine (forgot name but awesome)
100/10
120/10
150/10
200/6
260/6
260/6 drop 200/6 drop 150/10 drop 100/10

Medium Width Underhand Pulldowns
100/20
120/15
140/6
200/6
240/6 drop 160/6 drop 100/6

HS Single Arm High Row
45/10
90/6
135/6
160/6
180/6

Renegade Rows (DB in pushup position and do alternating DB rows while staying in that position)
50/10
70/8
90/6
.... holy new favorite exercise, totally brutal, destroys back, smokes core, and smokes cardio all at once

FM High Row
4 or 5 sets various angles, good pump, hi rep finishers

EPIC Machine Curl (love the Epic line of equipment)
60/10
70/10
80/10
90/10
100/10
... bi touch up exercise for the day, solid pumps

Back exten machine
5sets x 10-20 reps, nothing heavy

EPIC Seated Calf Press
4sets

Seated Calf Raises ss w/ Standing Isometric Holds on Standing calf
3sets 10reps ss w/ 3sets 30sec each

Gerb
01-15-2013, 01:01 AM
Beat, tough workout.

BB CGBP
95/15
135/12
185/10
225/6
240/6
285/6 drop 235/4 drop 185/6 drop 135/8
... did Smith last week, think I like the BB better, little heavier obviously BB vs Smith but felt better and less restricted ROM

Rope Pressdown
45/20
65/20
75/20
85/20

DB Kickback
30/6
40/6
50/6 drop 40/6 drop 35/6 drop 22.5/8

Tri Dip Machine Pressdown
3sets moderate-heavy weight x 10reps
1sets light x 30reps

FM Seated Dual Arm Cable Curl
80/10
100/10
120/8
140/3 drop 90/6 drop 60/6 drop 40/6

Life Fitness Machine Curl
80/6
100/6
120/6
140/6

DB Hammer Curls
50/6
60/6
70/6
80/3 drop 60/6 drop 40/6 drop 20/10

Standing Calf ss/ forearm exercises various
8sets each total (forearm work was rev curls and wrist curls 4 sets each)

D-NUTZ
01-15-2013, 10:22 AM
Goddamn you have some strong arms.

Gerb
01-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Goddamn you have some strong arms.

thanks bro, more of a recent deal, arm strength has lagged in the past, since my weight thou has really stabilized around the 215-220 mark and it has been a solid number now for 2 months, I have seen alot of strength increases across the board and getting close to max numbers which I had hit at a BW up around 235-240 in the past. ... official bulk still 6 weeks out so feeling good where I am at going into this one (March 1)

Gerb
01-16-2013, 12:09 AM
Still not close at 100% with the injury to right groin/upper quad. It bites when I try to push it too much so having to just take a volume approach. Decent session, one of my training partners (I have two) is from Belize, he goes back home for about a month at the end of each year. I guess he skipped legs while gone, yeah, he got to spend a solid 10mins in the lockeroom puking his brains out lol half way through legs. He came out and said, "yeah, not skipping legs again". It was funny, he still hit it hard tonight thou, took the punishment well. Lucky for him thou it was not a really heavy session.

Leg Extens - warmup exercise
60/20
75/20
90/15
105/10

45 Degree Leg Press - feet hi and close, seat back far, hit glutes/hams with side of quads
270/15
450/15
630/15
810/15
990/15

HS Single Leg Kneeling Leg Curl
50/10
60/10
70/10
80/10

Glute/Quad Kickback machine
90/10
120/10
150/10
180/10

Seated Leg Curl
90/10
120/10
150/10
180/10

HS Linear Hack Press
90/15
90/15
90/100 ..... that did it.

Stiff Leg Dead Lifts
95/15 x 5sets

Core
variety of exercises, about 15mins worth, I like to do non-traditional ab stuff that brings in lower back and stabilizers, hip flexors, not just abs. I smoked it.

That was it, pretty gassed by the end, for not doing any heavy press and no squats, decent session. Hamstrings are getting stronger which I am loving. Not so much on SLDL as that was just a burnout finisher but on my curls, the main thing is I am curling heavier weigh without lower back pain which is a great sign for me going forward this year.

cook
01-16-2013, 07:52 AM
nice job Gerb,looks like your legs will full strength in no time

Gerb
01-16-2013, 04:11 PM
nice job Gerb,looks like your legs will full strength in no time

Hopefully Cook! I think if I stick to volume and higher reps 10-20 range, over next month or so, the leg should be back up to speed by March when I need it to be.

Gerb
01-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Chest and calves tonight! Fueling up right now!

D-NUTZ
01-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Chest day is Monday dude. Stop lying.

Jordan Coburn
01-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Way to work around the injury, dude.

Many ways to skin a cat, so to speak.

Gerb
01-17-2013, 12:16 AM
Way to work around the injury, dude.

Many ways to skin a cat, so to speak.

Thanks dude, couldn't agree more ... and they taste like chicken

Gerb
01-17-2013, 12:35 AM
Dead. Solids session.

Incline DB Press
30/15
50/15
70/6
90/6
110/6
120/6
130/6

Decline BB Press
135/6
185/6
225/6
275/6

Flat DB Press
75/6
90/6
100/6
110/6

Machine Incline Press
3sets moderate weight, 20 reps each

Wide BW Pushups
... them hurt

Calves
4sets HS Press
4sets FM Press
1sets static holds

Weight aint budging much (215-220) but strength continues to rise so I am happy.

jcross485
01-17-2013, 07:45 AM
I like it. Do you like to mix the lower rep sets w/ higher rep pump work on a reg basis for other body parts?

Gerb
01-17-2013, 11:06 AM
I like it. Do you like to mix the lower rep sets w/ higher rep pump work on a reg basis for other body parts?

for the most part, that is what i try and do, front load the heavy stuff when i have the strength and finish with blood volume type work.

I also like 6 reps straight threw on my heavier stuff, it is enough reps to warm-up the muscles as I build up in weight but not so many as to waste energy on lighter weight, leaves me strong for my final one or two sets where the work happens.

Gerb
01-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Was just beat from previous days, skipped my pre-workout, both training partners bailed on my so I just went through the motions, it was still painful but nothing heavy and no max lifts to failure.

Seated DB Press
30/15
45/15
60/6
70/6
80/6
90/6

Machine Seated Side Laterals
100/10
120/10
140/8

Seated 180degree front raises
25/10
25/10
25/10

Standing Overhead BB press ss w/ BB Shrug
BAR/40 - 225/10
BAR/30 - 225/10
BAR/26 - 225/10

DB Shrug
90/12

Smith Single Arm side shrug
100/10 per side x 3sets

Leg exten ss w/ Lying Leg Curl
4sets each 20 reps each set

CORE
about 6 sets and was just disgusted with myself and called it quits.

Going to bed early tonight and plan on crushing back tomorrow!

Gerb
01-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Back last night. Was crazy workout. Pretty dead today.

Went something like this:

T-Bar Rows (on the elevated platform t-bar) 5 sets
UH Pulldowns 4 sets
Single Arm HS Hi Row 4sets
Timed Renegade DB Rows 3sets x 1min
Dual Arm Heavy Rope wips 3sets x 1min
FM Hi Cable Rear Delt Rows 3sets
Back Exten 5sets

A much needed weekend on rest

jcross485
01-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Nice work sir...I think the rest this weekend is well earned.

Gerb
01-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Nice work sir...I think the rest this weekend is well earned.

Thanks bro! It was , I just ate up all weekend

Gerb
01-21-2013, 05:54 PM
So this week I am reducing volume. Give my elbow a little rest, then the following week I am traveling on business and won't return till Thursday so plan to just hit a legs and core when I return that week and then the following week start a new split. I will keep the 6's in the mix, loving those, but gotta switch up the order.

This AM I hit arms, nothing to speak of, not too much volume, about 60% on the poundages.

I have legs tomorrow, chest wed, shoulders thursday, back friday, taking it easy all week.

Been eating as much as possible, got my AM weight up to about 222-224. It isn't a really solid number yet, if I can hold it all week I think 225 will be here soon. I have seen some evening numbers up around 228 but that aint a true number (fun to see thou, I am looking for the 230s again, been forever!)

All in all, leg injury is improving really nicely, elbow still crap, hopefully a little rest and ice over the next couple weeks AS WELL AS better exercise selection will help that out, I just gotta avoid something on tricep day.

Gerb
01-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Legs this AM , hit in reverse order (ie. Hams first then quads). Finished with high reps = sleepy time .... dang it for having to go to work today

Gerb
01-22-2013, 10:39 PM
3 hrs under the needle, that one hurt tonight

jcross485
01-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Keep grinding man!

Gerb
01-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Keep grinding man!

Thank bro, will do

Gerb
01-25-2013, 12:09 AM
Had to combined yesterdays workout with today cause business got in the way of life.

Have decided that going forward I will also be reducing overall volume. I think I might be over training slightly and also not practicing what I preach, less volume = more growth. So, this is the off season, time to train heavy, train hard, but rest more, eat more. Tonight's workout was a mix of things, some high reps to failure or form failure and some heavy stuff to failure. Overall, pleased with it.

Incline DB
45/15
60/12
100/15 ... form failure
110/6

Flat BB Bench
135/15
185/6
225/6
275/3
295/3
315/2 ... really 1.5 cause my spotter took over thou he claims he didn't, I know he did. One of those "all you bro!" lol. I know if it is clean, and 2nd rep wasn't, but, having not done Flat BB in atleast 4 months, was happy with it

Cable Cross over, neutral height
3sets x 20,20,18 ... not sure the weight, light enough to crank out strick form, heavy enough I hit form failure on 3rd set

Seated DB Press
45/15
60/12
75/15 ... about failure
85/6
Like on Incline DB, hard to follow up heavier after going 15rep to failure the previous set

Machine Standing Side Laterals
3sets x 20,15,12 .... upped the weight each set, no idea on lbs, just followed my partner

45lbs BAR Front raises 180 degree ROM
hit 3sets, they hurt, each set to failure, no idea on reps, slow negatives and half way pauses at 90 degrees straight out then back up then all the way down, just varied it all and made it hurt as much as possible, strict form and creativity and you can do alot of damage with just a 45lbs bar

Seated Leg Curl
5sets x 20,20,15,12,8 think I started at 90 ended at 210

CORE
about 15mins, little rest, variety of exercises

Pretty spent.

Gerb
01-26-2013, 12:21 AM
Solid session, scaled back the volume.

Techno Gym Single Arm Seated Low Row
100/15
200/10
200/10
250 (stack) / 10

DB Rows with holds
65/10
75/10
85/10
... we pause at the top each rep for 1sec squeeze, we also place a swiss ball on an incline bench and lean into the ball with the opposite arm extended so your body is in an L shape. The stability factor makes these rows rather tough.

HS UH Grip High Pulldown
90/10
180/10
180/10
180/10

Techno Gym Vertical Pulldowns
4sets high reps, various grips

Heavy Rope Wips
3sets x 60sec each

Lower back work
Supersetted rev hypers and back extens, 4sets

Calves
12sets

... post workout refeed at Chili's :-)

Sandpig
01-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Have decided that going forward I will also be reducing overall volume. I think I might be over training slightly and also not practicing what I preach, less volume = more growth.

Dumbass. :byeb:

Gerb
01-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Have decided that going forward I will also be reducing overall volume. I think I might be over training slightly and also not practicing what I preach, less volume = more growth.

Dumbass. :byeb:

It is much easier to be a know it all than a do it all! :)

Jordan Coburn
01-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Have you responded well to lower volume training in the past?

Gerb
01-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Have you responded well to lower volume training in the past?

yeah, I have, I ran an every other day split over 8 days (4 days ON, 4 OFF) last bulk for about 4 months, went well, lots of recovery and the volume was much reduced, for me, I just gotta mix it up, my body gets tired of things or worn down and I gotta mix it up. my elbow has just been killing me so hoping the reduced volume helps

jcross485
01-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Good to hear you're listening to your body. Keep up the good work! Btw how's the injury doing?

Gerb
01-28-2013, 11:09 PM
healin up well, I think I am on schedule to be 100% by March, I "feel" 100% now but if I push it I still feel it bite so not truly there yet. But close, just keeping all the leg work conservative till March. the plan for now.g

Gerb
02-01-2013, 12:02 AM
Was in Boston since Sunday. Kinda chilly up there compared to Florida.

Hit legs tonight. Liking the new lower volume approach.

Lying Leg Curls
65/20
85/20
105/12

Single Leg 45 Degree Leg Press
270/10
360/6
450/6
540/6
630/6

BB Squats - ATG
135/12
185/6
225/6
275/6
315/6

Seated Leg Curl
3sets x 20reps, don't remember weight, nothing crazy

Calves
4 sets donkey
4 sets FM Calf Press
4 Sets seated calf raise

... That was it. Nice little workout, aside from working up a sweat from lifting in a hoodie the entire time, nothing too taxing.

M4BTEAM
02-01-2013, 03:47 AM
Great journal. Glad to see your injury is healing up. Good luck in your build up to your show!

jcross485
02-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Finally getting back to squats...that's a good sign for sure!

Sandpig
02-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Was in Boston since Sunday. Kinda chilly up there compared to Florida.

Hit legs tonight. Liking the new lower volume approach.

Lying Leg Curls
65/20
85/20
105/12

Single Leg 45 Degree Leg Press
270/10
360/6
450/6
540/6
630/6

BB Squats - ATG
135/12
185/6
225/6
275/6
315/6

Seated Leg Curl
3sets x 20reps, don't remember weight, nothing crazy

Calves
4 sets donkey
4 sets FM Calf Press
4 Sets seated calf raise

... That was it. Nice little workout, aside from working up a sweat from lifting in a hoodie the entire time, nothing too taxing.
Hope you ate some good food for me!

Gerb
02-02-2013, 12:44 AM
Hope you ate some good food for me!

ha! Of course!

Gerb
02-02-2013, 12:51 AM
One of the hardest back workouts in sometime. Every exercise just had me pumped and each one built on the next. Was ready to puke toward end, just really spent.

LifeFitness Machine Wide Pulldowns (not cable)
90/20
110/15
130/10
160/6
190/6
220/6
250/6

Dual Cable Seated Cable Low Row elevated (seated on DB on bench)
160/15
200/10
240/6

UH Single Arm HS Pulldown
90/10
135/6
135/6

DB Rows
150/6
150/10
150/6
150/6
150/6

Back Exten ss w/ Rear Delt Pec Dec
3sets x 20 each

Single Arm Heavy Rope Slams
fast pace, little rest, about puked at the end
10reps each arm x 5 total sets

FM Frt Shrug
100/20
150/15
200/12

Seated HS Shrug
180/12
.... called it, low back pumps just too much

Solid session.

Sandpig
02-02-2013, 07:27 AM
Great work!

Gerb
02-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Got chest and calves tonight, planning on killing it, I gave blood today, that was 6hrs ago thou so hopefully I am good and strength is normal

Side note: BP was 110/70 hell yeah, always good to see it low in this sport

Great work!

Thanks bro!

Gerb
02-04-2013, 11:46 PM
Got some work done on chest and calves tonight.
Went something like this.

Incline DB Press - 45/15 60/10 75/10 100/6 110/6 120/6
Flat DB Press (slow negatives) - 70/8 85/6 100/6
Decline BB - 135/10 185/6 225/6 275/6 (little spot on the last couple reps so not clean)
Alternating Single Arm Pec Dec (one arm alwasy out in static contraction while other arm does rep) - 3sets x 15 ... not sure weight
Wide Dips @ BW - 12,12,10
FM Cable Press - 50 reps drop set
Calves - 6sets standing, 4sets seated, 3sets weight walking on toes for distance

Gerb
02-04-2013, 11:58 PM
This is a long bulk I am doing. 18months. So I am breaking it into 3 month bulking followed by 4 week diets to clean up a little fluff. Hopefully, this will allow my body to grow without getting too sloppy along the way.

I finished my last contest at 186 stage weight. I am about 223 AM weight right now, 3 months later. So the plan to to drop my AM weight back to 213-215. And then go back up. Kinda the 3 steps forward, 1 step back approach .... I aint getting shredded, just cleaned up.

Cardio: bahahahaha ... don't make me laugh, ZERO

Diet:

Week 1

Meal 1 - 2 whole omega-3 eggs, 4 whites and 1cup oats
Meal 2 - 5oz chicken and 8oz brown rice
Meal 3 - 5oz chicken and 8oz potato
Meal 4 - 5oz chicken
Meal 5 - 2oz cashews or almonds
Meal 6 - 5oz chicken and 16oz rice (pre-workout)
Meal 7 - 5oz chicken
Meal 8 - 5oz chicken or 6 egg whites

Pre & Post workout I take in 50 grams carb powder

Supps:

Humapro - wake, pre, post, bed
Chain'd Out - during day, intra, post
Cyclo-creation - pre, post
Chain'd Reaction - pre, post

No stims

I will run that this week, get back in the grove and then look to carb cycle the last 3 weeks. I'll post that schedule up next week. Might get a picture or two to post up as well.

jcross485
02-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Just out of curiosity...any reason for splitting meals 4 & 5 vs just combining them into one meal?

Gerb
02-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Just out of curiosity...any reason for splitting meals 4 & 5 vs just combining them into one meal?

I eat every two hours on diet, I start with 8 meals, as my diet and metabolism ramps up, I increase to 9 and even 10 meals. Meal 5 is a pretty high calorie meal, 2oz cashews is 360-400 calories. The only thing I ever add to that meal is a scoop of Humapro (effectively zero calorie protein) 10mins before.

I take the small frequent meal approach to dieting, anything less than 8 and I am starving, only different thing I am doing now verse during a real prep is my large pre-workout meal 1hr 30min before training and pre-post carbs. During prep, I tend to cut that out and just stick to carbs early in day only and stick to the small protein meals or fats meals the rest of the day.

Gerb
02-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Seated DB Press
35/15
45/15
60/10
75/6
85/6
95/6
100/6 ... dang it, should have gone 105

CGBP
135/15
185/10
225/6
275/3 drop 225/4 drop 135/8

Single Arm Straight Bar Side Laterals
3sets x 20lbs x 10reps

Single Arm Rev Pressdown
3sets x 12,10,10

Alt DB Full Vertical Frt Raises
30/10
30/10
45/4 drop 30/4 drop 15/4

Rope Pressdown ss w/ Feet Elevated Diamond Pushups
3sets x 15/8

Calves
90lbs weighted continuous walking on toes - 800ft
4sets heavy seated press

Gerb
02-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Technically been on diet three days now but AM weight still about the same 221-224 range. For my end of first bulk, I am calling it 223. Happy with how I look and my strength at this weight. It is a leaner/stronger 223 than in the past so that is positive and while I have huge weaknesses all over (especially frt dbl lat width), progress is measured based on previous versions of myself and with that in mind, I feel much improved, even in my worst poses.

The plan is to diet till the first week of March, assuming I am around 215 AM weight then, I will start my next bulk, if not happy with where I am at, BF%, then I'll go alittle longer but no lower than 10% and then back to growing.

Gerb
02-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Got legs tonight, NOT motivated .... I need coffee for my head ache or a nap ... maybe a nap, then coffee ... and then legs.

cook
02-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Got legs tonight, NOT motivated .... I need coffee for my head ache or a nap ... maybe a nap, then coffee ... and then legs.
do it man...looking solid at 223

jcross485
02-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Looking real good man.

Gerb
02-07-2013, 11:10 PM
do it man...looking solid at 223

Looking real good man.

Thanks guys.

I am the working mans BBer, I know I won't turn Pro, but I am doing what I love, competing at a high level at the level at which I compete and having fun.

Hit legs tonight, nothing of note.

Extens
Squats
Seated Leg Curl
Kneeling Leg Curl
Glute kick back

Jordan Coburn
02-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Pics look good buddy, I like the idea of a mini cut to prime yourself for a little better growth. keep it up!

Gerb
02-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Pics look good buddy, I like the idea of a mini cut to prime yourself for a little better growth. keep it up!

thanks Cobe! well do

Gerb
02-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Back and traps tonight, the plan is to focus more traps vs lats tonight, should be painful

Gerb
02-09-2013, 12:42 AM
Dual Arm Neutral Grip Pulldowns
5sets 15-6 reps - warmup exercise

BB Rows
135/10
185/10
225/10
275/8
315/6 straight into 315/10 deadlift straight into BB Rows again 225/6 drop 135/12 ... that was one painful set

Hi Wide Parallel Grip Row ss w/ Plank Single Arm Cable Rows
180/15 - 30/10
180/10 - 40/10
180/10 - 50/10

Seated HS Shrug
180/10
180/10
270/10

Single Arm Smith Shrug
2sets x 15 at 50lbs

Plate Shrugs ss w/ Plate Upright rows
2sets

Band work for rear delts
3sets

Gerb
02-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Incline DB Press
30/20
45/15
65/10
85/6
100/6
110/6
120/6
130/6

Decline BB Press
135/10
185/6
225/3
255/3
285/3
225/12

Flat DB Fly
30/20
35/20
40/30

Incline Machine Press
3sets x 20reps

Dips
BW/10
BW/9

Weighted Walking
90lbs x 5 continuous laps

Gerb
02-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Romanian DL
135/10
185/6
225/6
275/6
315/6

Seated Leg Curl
3sets x 10 moderate - heavy weight
1set x 20 light weight

HS Single Leg Leg Curl Kneeling
3sets x 10 x 40lbs

Seated DB Incline Curl
22.5/10
30/10
40/6
50/6
60/6

LifeFitness Machine Curl
4sets x 20reps 40-60lbs

Giant set - UH hands together Chin ss w/ Rope Curl ss w/ Rev Cable Curl
3 giant sets (9 sets total)
chins was BWx10
rope and rev just lightweight burnouts

Decent workout. Was pressed for time because my younger daughter is now taking MMA in the evenings Tues/Wed/Thur and i take her to that.

Gerb
02-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Machine Side Laterals
not sure the weight, followed partner
3sets x 20reps

Seated BB Frt Press
did these with a full under the chin range of motion, little tougher that way I found lol
95/10
115/10
135/6
155/6
135/6

Cable Frt Raises
3sets x 20,25,25
1st set standing one leg
2nd set seated on ball
3rd set lying face down on ball (180 degree ROM)
... my partner gets a little creative sometimes, dude is a beast thou so can't argue with his results

DB Upright Rows
30/10
40/10
55/6
65/6

Band Resistance Side Lateral Holds
orange band
3sets x 30sec each

Smith CG Floor Press
basically same ROM as off the bench but off floor it is easier to center under the smith, our smith goes all the way down which is nice, some don't
135/10
185/10
225/10
275/6

Rope Pressdown ss w Bent Over Straight Arm BB Raise (behind butt)
3sets x 15reps @ 50lbs rope ss 6-10reps BB Raise @ 40lbs

Close Grip Single DB Press lying on ball ss w/ CG Pushup
3sets x 20 reps @ 70lbs ss w/ 6-10reps @ BW

HS Crunch
3sets x 40.30.20

..... high rep action took it out of me today for sure

Sandpig
02-14-2013, 06:31 AM
Gerb uses bands! lol

Just kidding bro. Solid work out.

Gerb
02-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Gerb uses bands! lol

Just kidding bro. Solid work out.

lol, band work rocks!

jcross485
03-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Any updates in here?

Gerb
03-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Any updates in here?

Man, I know, been slacking on my posts, life has had me absolutely slammed busy. My day job is going great, super busy which is good cause it means $$$ but hard to fit everything else in, my other company, Diamond Muscle is in the process of rolling out a new apparel line and we are signing athletes to our DM Elite Team so that has been crazy busy and then my supplement business which I market through Diamond Muscle under the website proteinforhumans.com is really picking up and to top it all off, my younger daughter started MMA so I attend all her practices for 2hrs each night tues/wd/thur. yeah, just busy. ... still training thou 5 days a week! I'll try to get a training update posted this weekend.

jcross485
03-06-2013, 07:33 AM
That's awesome! You've got a lot on your plate but glad to hear all is going well.