Yesterday!
Legs
5 sets/10 reps squats 185lbs
4 set/ 12 reps 400lb deep Leg Presses
6 sets 20 steps...walking lunges with 25 ln dumbells. Super setted with
stiff legged deadlifts 40 lbs dumb bells
4 sets of leg ext 75lbs super setted with
4 sets of lying leg curls.
4 sets of hyperextensions holding 12 lb medicine ball.

Meals
1. 2 scoops ON Whey with 1 cup measured dry Oats. Ground and mixed with 10 oz water

2. 4 oz baked Chicken Breast Tenders cooked with Braggs Liquid Aminos 5oz Russet potato

3. 2 scoops ON Whey with 1 cup measured dry Oats. Ground and mixed with 10 oz water

4. Bowl of MultiGrain Cereal with 6 oz 1% milk

5. 5 oz Swai Fish with 4 oz Sweet Potato

6. Alot of Almonds!

TShull
12-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Today...Not much time to lift
30 min Stair Mill this am

Chest:
Incline Smith Machine
5 sets x 12 reps 35 LB Plates each side
Feet On Bench Pushups 4 sets 30
Pec Dec 70 lbs 4 sets 15
Ab Bench Crunches 4 sets 50

Meals
1. 2 scoops ON Whey with 1 cup measured dry oats. Ground and mixed with 10 oz water

2. 4 Egglands Best Eggs...1 4oz sweet potato

3. 2 scoops ON Whey with 1 cup measured dry oats. Ground and mixed with 10 oz water

4. Bowl of Multigrain Cheerios

5. 6 oz Sirloin, 1/2 cup greenbeans

6. 2 Scoops ON Whey

Sunnyday
12-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Hi! Great stuff going on in here! I'll be following along. :)

TShull
12-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Sunnyday thank you....Im new to RX Forums. Im learning my way around. This year has been a shock to me. Honestly. None of this was planned. Ive met so many new friends that I have so much in common with. Even if we come from different backgrounds.

TShull
12-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Wed Back and Bis
Wide pull ups 4 sets 15
T-Bar Rows close grip 4 sets 12 55lbs
Cybex Row Machine 4 sets 12 75lbs
Low Grip Flys Hands reversed on handles pulling low...Icharian Chest Fly Machine 4 sets 12 60 lbs
Lower Back Hyperextensions 4 sts 15 holdiong 12 lb Med Ball

Strait Bar Bicep Curls 65lbs 4 sets 10
Machine Preacher Curls 45 lbs 4 sets 10
Standing DB Curls 4 sets 12 20 lbs
No Cardio Today

kgramlich
12-08-2012, 12:42 AM
I will be following along!

TShull
12-08-2012, 08:57 AM
I will be following along!

Aw Thank you kgramlich! Im new to competing in WP this year and new to the forums. I have been somewhat hit and miss in the gym this week getting ready for Christmas and all. I plan on getting right back on it today!

TShull
12-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Ok...So everyone is telling me I need bigger biceps in order to place higher in WP! Honestly I had quit working upper body for my shows because I was told the judges didnt want the WP girls looking to much like a bodybuilder. All I did was dips, pullups, pushups and side lateral raises for upper body. After I did 2012 Masters Nationals it was noted on the forums that I needed more in the glute area...WELL I FIXED THAT! LOL!
So now they say my glutes and quads are up to par! But my back and biceps need to be bigger. Ok...Im game for that! SO....back to bodybuilding style training in the offseason!
Ill consume 400 carbs daily mainly thru ground oats, basmati rice and sweet potatoes. Im the type (good or bad) that stays lean year round an I have more of a problem keeping my weight UP! Ive high carbed before like this all the way up to 3 weeks before show time where I lower them and cycle them...then closer to showtime I slowly start adding more clean carbs back in after Ive gotten by bodyfat as low as needed and condtioning where it needs to be.

So yesterday...I took a day a BLASTED MY LITTLE CUTUP BICEPS! LOL!

tankygirl
12-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Looking forward to tagging along on your journal :) Hope you can type today after the bicep workout lol

The Prodigy
12-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Ok...So everyone is telling me I need bigger biceps in order to place higher in WP! Honestly I had quit working upper body for my shows because I was told the judges didnt want the WP girls looking to much like a bodybuilder. All I did was dips, pullups, pushups and side lateral raises for upper body. After I did 2012 Masters Nationals it was noted on the forums that I needed more in the glute area...WELL I FIXED THAT! LOL!
So now they say my glutes and quads are up to par! But my back and biceps need to be bigger. Ok...Im game for that! SO....back to bodybuilding style training in the offseason!
Ill consume 400 carbs daily mainly thru ground oats, basmati rice and sweet potatoes. Im the type (good or bad) that stays lean year round an I have more of a problem keeping my weight UP! Ive high carbed before like this all the way up to 3 weeks before show time where I lower them and cycle them...then closer to showtime I slowly start adding more clean carbs back in after Ive gotten by bodyfat as low as needed and condtioning where it needs to be.

So yesterday...I took a day a BLASTED MY LITTLE CUTUP BICEPS! LOL!

I always had trouble growing bi's as well. I had horrible mind muscle connection when it came to this muscle group! What are you doing to grow yours?

TShull
12-18-2012, 03:00 PM
I always had trouble growing bi's as well. I had horrible mind muscle connection when it came to this muscle group! What are you doing to grow yours?

Hey Gail ...ALWAYS heavy strait bar curls with olympic bar! sets 10
Strive multi angle seated plate loaded curl 3 sets on each 3 angles
HEAVY alternating DB curls. 35s each hand. 5 each side.
Then go down the rack til failure. Sets of 5 each hand with someone spotting and pushing me.
Im about to hit them 3 x a week with a variety of different exercises...(and of course go strait to the site lol)

IslandGirl
12-28-2012, 03:20 AM
Hi Tonya! I remember seeing you on stage at NAs and Nats! You looked great! What weight do you usually compete at? Congrats to you! Wishing you the best in 2013. Have you already picked out your shows for next year?

TShull
12-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Hi Tonya! I remember seeing you on stage at NAs and Nats! You looked great! What weight do you usually compete at? Congrats to you! Wishing you the best in 2013. Have you already picked out your shows for next year?

Wow Im honored that you noticed me! Im completly new to this! Ive allways just set back and watched my boyfriend compete. He had a major injury setback and he suggested I take the ball and run with it.
To answer you question I am 5 ft 2in and weighed 117lbs at Nationals. Maybe I should have come in a little fuller for a higher placing...but WP criteria seems to change from week to week. All I can do is come in better each time and hope that is what the judges are looking for when I step on stage.

My current plans are to shoot for 2013 Team Universe. I would like to do both Masters Classes and Open Classes. Just get pretty expensive.

Last year i did Masters Nats (4th outta 23) NAs 2nd in open and 2nd in masters..then 7th in Nats. Ive taken a slight break this month but its time to get back into serious mode.

Again Im truely honored you noticed me and have contacted me Island Girl! Any ideas or suggestions for me I would appreciate. Maybe I should come in at the same conditioning just about 3 lbs heavier!

IslandGirl
12-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Wow Im honored that you noticed me! Im completly new to this! Ive allways just set back and watched my boyfriend compete. He had a major injury setback and he suggested I take the ball and run with it.
To answer you question I am 5 ft 2in and weighed 117lbs at Nationals. Maybe I should have come in a little fuller for a higher placing...but WP criteria seems to change from week to week. All I can do is come in better each time and hope that is what the judges are looking for when I step on stage.

My current plans are to shoot for 2013 Team Universe. I would like to do both Masters Classes and Open Classes. Just get pretty expensive.

Last year i did Masters Nats (4th outta 23) NAs 2nd in open and 2nd in masters..then 7th in Nats. Ive taken a slight break this month but its time to get back into serious mode.

Again Im truely honored you noticed me and have contacted me Island Girl! Any ideas or suggestions for me I would appreciate. Maybe I should come in at the same conditioning just about 3 lbs heavier!

Awwwwe! You are so sweet! Of course I noticed you! Being new to the sport, omg! You have done well for yourself! Being in the top 5 at a national show, is seriously, no joke!

All you can do is simply what you said above. All I can do is come in better each time and hope that is what the judges are looking for when I step on stage. Exactly that. Trying to 'chase' the look they are looking for which is hard to say because judges have to judge what is on the stage that day. If you have 10 hard, ripped, shredded wp girls standing on stage, 1 of those girls will win. And then everyone will start saying, I thought they didn't want hard, ripped and shredded? How come this girl won? Or you may have 10 very soft girls on stage and 1 of those soft girls will win. So just come in how you feel your body looks best at and hope for the best.

Coming in 3lbs heavier....so hard to say yanno. You competed at 117# at Nationals. I wish I could be 117 on stage and be ready. That is my weight about 8-10 weeks out from a show. Everyone's bodies are different. I say prep as normal and bring the ideal physique you like seeing yourself as and wherever the weight is that day that is where it is.

Maybe we will "officially" meet next year!

TShull
12-30-2012, 02:38 PM
My Training Team Boyd Fields and Quincy Roberts 140173

TShull
12-30-2012, 03:20 PM

mpalleyne
12-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Hi Tonya,

I must say you have a great physique! Thanks for sharing your journal thus far! Work it girl!!

TShull
12-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi Tonya,

I must say you have a great physique! Thanks for sharing your journal thus far! Work it girl!!

Well thank you mpalleyne! Im pretty new to all this. Thanks for noticing me! Tonya

IslandGirl
01-01-2013, 04:11 AM
Here's to new beginnings Tonya!

TShull
01-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Here's to new beginnings Tonya!

Thank you Tracy! My journey begins now for my shows starting in July! Ive got to get my drive and motivation back! I got a little off track during the holidays!

IslandGirl
01-04-2013, 02:50 AM
Thank you Tracy! My journey begins now for my shows starting in July! Ive got to get my drive and motivation back! I got a little off track during the holidays!

Sweeet! Are you going to be posting progress pics for us?

TShull
01-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Sweeet! Are you going to be posting progress pics for us?
Of course I will. Just dont think I want to get in my suit for pics just yet. I gotta fill back out 1st. I hate "before" pics! lol

IslandGirl
01-31-2013, 03:43 AM
Hey Tonya! How have you been?

mrsflexgym
01-31-2013, 08:31 AM
Amazing pics!! I love to see how people take their weak places, and spend time to make them better. So many people take critisim the wrong way and let it get them down. Others, who really want to excel, take it and run with it and make the changes. And that is what makes the "offseason" so much more fun. Its like your new project!!

Good luck and I cant wait to see how you change and progress.

TShull
02-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Hey... Sorry I havnt posted latley....I have been slammed between my Spa job and Personal Training. Im in serious training mode finally. My sites are still on Team Universe!

TShull
02-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Hey Tonya! How have you been?

Hey... Sorry I havnt posted latley....I have been slammed between my Spa job and Personal Training. Im in serious training mode finally. My sites are still on Team Universe!

Thanks for checking in on me.

TShull
02-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Amazing pics!! I love to see how people take their weak places, and spend time to make them better. So many people take critisim the wrong way and let it get them down. Others, who really want to excel, take it and run with it and make the changes. And that is what makes the "offseason" so much more fun. Its like your new project!!

Good luck and I cant wait to see how you change and progress.

Hey Mrsflexgym....thx for checking in on me..Ill be posting pics soon.

sce0027
02-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Glad to see you're doing well! Your pics are simply amazing. Such an inspiration! Have a great weekend!

TShull
02-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Glad to see you're doing well! Your pics are simply amazing. Such an inspiration! Have a great weekend!

Wow ur pics are great as well...amazing transformation. Im in Salisbury NC Where are u?

IslandGirl
02-17-2013, 09:34 PM

Thanks for checking in on me.

Totally understand. Just wanted to make sure you're doing ok!

TShull
07-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Totally understand. Just wanted to make sure you're doing ok!
Well Im back...Ive been laying low training hard! Wow 2013 TEAM UNIVERSE was an AWSOME EXPERIENCE!

I ACTUALLY WENT FULL OUT BODY BUILDING TRAINING AND IT PAID OFF!

CHILDOFGOD
07-12-2013, 08:54 PM
CONGRADS!!!!! On earin' ur Pro card:)

TShull
07-14-2013, 11:41 AM
CONGRADS!!!!! On earin' ur Pro card:)

Thank you so muc. Still trying to take it all in

Andrealyn75
07-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi Tonya! Wow girlfriend, looking good, CONGRATULATIONS, I'll be following you. :)

F.I.S.T.
07-14-2013, 04:29 PM
You look amazing darlin.Your hard work is definitely paying off.

Keep it up.

TShull
07-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Thank you guys so much. I need to get back on here with my training logs. I gotta go all out in the off season to be able to compete with the iFBB pros.

nic902
07-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Congrats lady! I competed at Team U as well and you looked INCREDIBLE out there!!!

TShull
07-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Congrats lady! I competed at Team U as well and you looked INCREDIBLE out there!!!
Thank you nic902 Im trying to view your profile. I was in shock! I honestly thought I would be taken off the stage if I won the 40+ class. I really didn't go out there to be selfish and get 1st in each class. At North Americans last year if you got your pro card in the Masters Division you were done and did not go back out for the open!

TShull
07-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Hi Tonya! Wow girlfriend, looking good, CONGRATULATIONS, I'll be following you. :)

Thank you Andrealyn75. Time to get my head out of the clouds and figure out where to go from here!

TShull
07-25-2013, 03:01 PM
You look amazing darlin.Your hard work is definitely paying off.

Keep it up.

Thank you F.I.S.T. Time to figure out which Pro Show to start with! I appreciate everyones support. I just cannot believe I did this!

TShull
07-25-2013, 03:03 PM
From Twigs to Trunks! (As my trainer puts it)

Tonyas Leg Routine 4 Weeks in from 2013 Team Universe:

Leg Day 1: Focus Quads/Glutes Hams
Barbell Squats: Volume 10 sets of 10 reps (135lbs) deep
Lying Dumbbell Hamstring Curls ( A Must) Very Little Machine Lying Ham Curls
Single Leg Presses (35 lbs on each side)Super set with Walking Lunges 20 steps down 20 steps back to leg press. Preloaded barbell on back. (don’t hold dumbbells) We used 70 to 80lbs. So 3 sets of each single leg press with 6 sets of 20 lunges. The last 4th set of leg presses was both legs set of 30 with 2/ 45s each side. If you have an Icharian squat press it is better than regular plate loaded leg press.
Then we would use a weighted belt and chain a 70lb kettle bell to it and stand up on the dip platform and do wide/feet outward/deep deep squats….4 sets 25.
Then We do 3 sets leg extensions with trainer throwing down lightly on each negative rep. then we do 3 sets of 70% of max of 1 single isometric hold at the top for 75 seconds.
Weighted hyperextensions daily with 12 lb medicine ball coming up and holding at top torso perpendicular to floor squeezing glutes. (this is done daily even on all upper body days) 5 sets 20.

Leg Day 2: Focus Glutes/hams
Charles Glass Glute Squats in Smith Machine (youtube search this exercise) Volume sets 10 sets of 10
Again the lying dumbbell hamstring curls
Stiff legged deadlifts (21’s like you would do arm curls)
6 sets of 20 walking lunges with 60 to 70 preloaded barbell on back.
Weighted hyperextensions as above super set with glute kick backs. 5 sets 20.

Leg Day 3. Focus Quads
Smith Machine Front Squats a Must. For frontal and high frontal quad sweep. Again volume 10 sets 10.
Regular leg press (single leg for most sets) plate loaded. 4 sets 20 emphasizing quads not hams so put feet a bit lower on platform. One set double legged heavier volume set of 30.
Lunges again…same as above
Weighted belt kettle bell raised squats as above going extremely deep with toes and feet poing outward.
Single Leg extensions. 4 sets 15 with trainer throwing down on weight on negative movement. Then 3 sets of the 70 % of max isometic hold of 75 seconds.
Again….hyperextensions as above squeezing glutes at top when perpendicular to floor.

I know this sounds like a lot…but im telling you if you want the lower body you need, you need to train like this for the next 6 weeks to get the Pro WPD bottom half look! Alternate these leg days every 3 to 4 days.

TShull
07-25-2013, 03:24 PM
155168Glutes are still small...butt I shaped them the best I could! Im the smallest one in the middle.

TShull
07-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Quad Lines Finally155169

nic902
07-25-2013, 08:12 PM
This is a GORGEOUS shot! WOW WOW WOW!
It's not about being greedy, girl..You brought the physique, you EARNED that card!

Quad Lines Finally155169