PDA

View Full Version : J-pouch users working out/lifting

BuffGuy
06-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Hey I was wondering if there are any J-pouch users curently working out/lifting?
Would like to ask a few questions.:)

liamb7
06-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi all, new to this site.

Sorry BuffGuy i cant help you with you question but i would also be interested in this topic as i hope to return to training later this year after recovering from j-pouch surgeries.

Hope your well

Liam

Bryan Hildebrand
06-28-2009, 01:54 AM
any chance they will re-route you and get you back to "normal"?
I had a clinet who had a J pouch who simply struggled to train without a sweatshirt covering it. he hated to be hot on top of it and ultimately stopped training in the gym. he trains at home, primarily cardio. I feel for him as he will never lose it.

Bryan Hildebrand
06-28-2009, 01:54 AM
oh, and what was the reason for your pouch?

BuffGuy
07-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi all, new to this site.

Sorry BuffGuy i cant help you with you question but i would also be interested in this topic as i hope to return to training later this year after recovering from j-pouch surgeries.

Hope your well

Liam

hey Liam, well in a few months i will have my take down ( meaning they will close my stoma) and use this pouch they created. I found this guy on youtube where he had his colon taken out and now is back to powerlifting with a j-pouch. He says he is normal now.

Just wondered if any1 is in that stage in life. the problem right now i have is.. i am tired all the time, i will not train yet due to the fact that i might get injured since its been only a few months with my iliostomy.

I will write my update and story once i can train again with my j-pouch, so people who interested or are a part of useing a j-pouch can learn/interact with it.

BuffGuy
07-01-2009, 02:46 PM
any chance they will re-route you and get you back to "normal"?
I had a clinet who had a J pouch who simply struggled to train without a sweatshirt covering it. he hated to be hot on top of it and ultimately stopped training in the gym. he trains at home, primarily cardio. I feel for him as he will never lose it.

oh, and what was the reason for your pouch?

Hey bro, well i feel for your clinet.. but he might have an iliostomy ( where he has a stoma with a bag ) J-pouch is the new pouch they create inside u where there is no more colon.)

I haven't trained yet with the iliostomy, since the ab muscles are recovering and i dont want to cuase injury. The only thing i do is walk for 10 mins in the morning then im dead tired. I eat 5-6 meals like i used to. No junk stuff, a bodybuilder diet.

My problem was i had Ulcerative Colitis, inflamation of the colon. So, after a year and a half on these meds.. of prednisone etc.. i just couldn't take it no more. Losing all my muscles i build over 4 years gone...so decided to get a sergury. the only cure of Ulcerative colitis. It is a horrible disease. Well, Best of luck to every1..:)

hjrunner
05-21-2010, 03:27 PM
our son is 17, and plays football, has lots of muscle injuries, ie. hipflexer strains. He had his takedown operation for his jpouch when he was 11. Does anyone else suffer with muscle injuries, how do you prevent them, and what are the underlying causes?

JYD
07-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Hey bro, well i feel for your clinet.. but he might have an iliostomy ( where he has a stoma with a bag ) J-pouch is the new pouch they create inside u where there is no more colon.)

I haven't trained yet with the iliostomy, since the ab muscles are recovering and i dont want to cuase injury. The only thing i do is walk for 10 mins in the morning then im dead tired. I eat 5-6 meals like i used to. No junk stuff, a bodybuilder diet.

My problem was i had Ulcerative Colitis, inflamation of the colon. So, after a year and a half on these meds.. of prednisone etc.. i just couldn't take it no more. Losing all my muscles i build over 4 years gone...so decided to get a sergury. the only cure of Ulcerative colitis. It is a horrible disease. Well, Best of luck to every1..:)
BuffGuy, I have mad respect for anyone who takes a stand like you did. I also have UC and they medicated the f*ck outta me and destroyed me. I am trying the Remicade infusions now and have some relief. I have heard of some people hitting the gym after the J-pouch surgery... of course after waited until everythign was healed and the immune system was rockin again. In time im sure you"ll get back to where u were. Best of luck to u brother and keep us updated!