PDA

View Full Version : PFE Pimpin my ride and Kickin ass in 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3

PFEPerformance
12-05-2012, 02:15 PM
OK ~ here we go...............

Been sitting back a smidge after my most recent contest Nov 17 - clearning my head, re-grouping, resting (if you call what I do "resting"...)...LOL, and pulling together my focus for the offseason - which for me, always means gearing towards/ramping into/setting goals/doing my homework for the Comp Season....

Just completed my first year of competing in WPD (was former Figure gal) and have most definitely come away with some awesome memories, awesome lessons, closed in a bit on the learning curve to the new division, and more importantly have come away with MY HOMEWORK!

For me - my goal is ALWAYS to improve show to show and to always retain the ability to step back and assess what needs done for next time to improve or develop further as an athlete. By improving, I don't mean how I place (though that obviously is part of the hope), but moreso continued improvement in my physique, my training, my knoweldge, and my ability to self assess. With that in mind - this year was one of my BEST yet..... but as I said at the start - I HAVE MY HOMEWORK ` AND THEN SOME!

Though I did well at each show - all feedback (which I already knew...but had confirmed) I need more SIZE. I'm still on the smaller end of WP and need to grow during this down time.

Also - had a pretty significant flub during my peak week this last show and need to absolutely NOT do that EVER again! I've seen competitors backstage suffering from dehydration and often found myself thinking to myself "dam"!! Well..........this time - that WAS me and it was horrific to say the least and amounted to a less than confident stage presentation because I was feeling like total Dog Crap!! Actually felt the effects of it for a few days post show..........

I am not good at putting together/critiquing my final weeks nor knowing what adjustments should be made if something is a bit off.... something I will need expert help with when we get that far.

What's the point in putting in Hours, Days, Weeks, Months, Years of hard training if in the end - you can't pull the conditioning together to highlight all the hard work! ALL that time sweating, eating, training, lifting, sacrificing can come down to a pass or fail in the judges eyes on show day!

All that being said - I don't do all this JUST to compete - I LOVE the sport, I LOVE training, and EVERYTHING that it does to enhance my life..... more times than not - I am simply competing against myself and to outdo what I did last ......... in turn - MY HOMEWORK:

GROW in the offseason
Bring up lagging parts
Further improve overall conditioning
AVOID offseason excess FLUFF
Learn new ways to train to enhance all of the above
Learn more about Nutrition
Learn more about the final few weeks leading into a comp and Peak Week to come in HEALTHY and with better conditioning
ENJOY EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!!!!

Have spent the last two weeks doing a lot of Volume training and playing around with different schemes to test out..... will post up as we go....

With that - Cheers to all and ready to RAISE THE BAR AND COME IN BIGGER, BADDER, AND BETTER FOR 2013!!!!!!!

PFEPerformance
12-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Dear Lord I'm too much of a perfectionist as well! lol - Mods - can you correct title to capitalize PFE?

Thanks!

Extreme One
12-05-2012, 03:49 PM
I am SO in. Looking forward to this. Can you post some pics for us to provide feedback? Tough lesson to learn regarding peak week and being so dehydrated. Glad you pulled through. You and I have discussed peak week before....You are better off doing nothing different that last week than doing something crazy.

BTW - LOL at wanting to correct your title.

lksurf2
12-05-2012, 05:31 PM
awesome to have some new people here. especially seeing the women's side more which is great. totally in on this

Jordan Coburn
12-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Subbed! Great to see a gal who busts ass in here with all us meatheads :)

PFEPerformance
12-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Thanks guys!!! Gonna be a ride!! Lots to get done and no time for BS! I actually spend most my time hanging with the "meatheads" LOL - I train in a hardcore gym with a few of the guys who used to train at Westside Barbell in Cols.... definitely not the place for the girl who wants to be the "cardio bunny" or gets offended easily....LOL These guys are brutal but HONEST and won't take ANY excuses for not showing up and doing the job! AWESOME atmosphere if you enjoy a gym less the "fluff".....

Mac
12-06-2012, 09:28 AM
This is going to be another great journal! Move that girl's head in your avatar, OK?

PFEPerformance
12-06-2012, 09:29 AM
I am SO in. Looking forward to this. Can you post some pics for us to provide feedback? Tough lesson to learn regarding peak week and being so dehydrated. Glad you pulled through. You and I have discussed peak week before....You are better off doing nothing different that last week than doing something crazy.

BTW - LOL at wanting to correct your title.

Yep - will be putting up some pics as we go here for feedback and critique....

You are SOOOOOOOOOO right on peak week!! Completely 100% my fault for not taking matters into my own hands and trusting something I've never tried before - hard lesson learned on more than one level!

LOL on my title! I'm ANAL about some of the stupidest things!!! but it will drive me nuts until fixed!

-can you relate?? LOL~

PFEPerformance
12-06-2012, 09:30 AM
awesome to have some new people here. especially seeing the women's side more which is great. totally in on this

Thanks for joining the ride!!!

PFEPerformance
12-06-2012, 09:31 AM
This is going to be another great journal! Move that girl's head in your avatar, OK?

Hey there buddy ~ we are off to the races!!!

LOL - would if I could - brings a whole new meaning to "head up my ass" right?

Mac
12-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Hey there buddy ~ we are off to the races!!!

LOL - would if I could - brings a whole new meaning to "head up my ass" right?

LOL - didn't think of that, just want to see a nice butt.

BTW, I asked a mod to change your thread title as I don't have the power. Let's see if Big Barry can earn his keep around here.

PFEPerformance
12-06-2012, 09:41 AM
LOL - didn't think of that, just want to see a nice butt.

BTW, I asked a mod to change your thread title as I don't have the power. Let's see if Big Barry can earn his keep around here.

MEGA THANK YOU!!

The BUTT has a "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" sign hanging on it again along with a DO NOT DISTURB sign twice a week while she hangs out under the squat rack with a bucket near by....LOL Have taken some of your awesome advice and ramping up the volume...... stay tuned!!

PFEPerformance
12-06-2012, 10:03 AM

Big Barry
12-06-2012, 10:16 AM

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy298/bigbarrybell/mash.jpg

Mac
12-06-2012, 11:22 AM
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy298/bigbarrybell/mash.jpg

Big Barry to the rescue.

PFEPerformance
12-06-2012, 01:19 PM
THANK YOU BB!! THANKS MAC!!!! Now I can sleep at night! LOL

PFEPerformance
12-06-2012, 01:40 PM
OK - Caloric Breakdown right now - 3 weeks post show.... I have contained the post show flux AKA eat everything in sight for several days...LOL and have just kept everything balanced with minimal swaying from the plan..... I am easing carbs back upwards and holding for a little bit until I see how things balance out, before making any addl. changes/addns/etc...

Cals are @ 1863

P @ 233
F @ 34
C @ 142 on non training days - training days - I have added aprox 50 more grams via a baked potato

I have no idea what I weigh, nor do I care - just going by how I feel, look, strength, etc.... I only actually weigh myself every 4-6 weeks and even then (unless LOOKING a bit too fluffy) don't pay a whole lot of attention to it.

Clothes are still loose from dieting for shows....so, right now - no concerns. I've also noticed with the gradual uptake of carbs post show the CRAZY cravings to eat anything and everything in sight are non existent..... This year as opposed to prior years - I already had my nutrition laid out for the week following show....let myself just chill the Sunday after show and back on plan Monday forward ............. this has worked well this year.

Hitting legs tonight - will post up tomorrow.

PFEPerformance
12-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Last night was leg night..... still playing around with best set up/reps/volume...etc... hope to have this in line soon - Quads need to come up and get the sweep rockin!

Front Squats -
10 X 10 tagging off a 12' box - 1 min rest between

Hacks SS with Box step ups
10 x 10 1 min rest between

Leg Ext SS with Leg Curls
10 x 25 1 min rest between

Hobbled to the car and home - had a bit of a energy crash as soon as I got home and before I had my food pulled together. Not normal for me and unsure what that was....just got EXTREMELY tired and irritable for a little bit..... improved after I ate but was definitely more tired than normal for me.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL!!!

lksurf2
12-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Hams and quads are feeling tired after that hack / step up super set. love the volume.

Extreme One
12-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Last night was leg night..... still playing around with best set up/reps/volume...etc... hope to have this in line soon - Quads need to come up and get the sweep rockin!

Front Squats -
10 X 10 tagging off a 12' box - 1 min rest between

Hacks SS with Box step ups
10 x 10 1 min rest between

Leg Ext SS with Leg Curls
10 x 25 1 min rest between

Hobbled to the car and home - had a bit of a energy crash as soon as I got home and before I had my food pulled together. Not normal for me and unsure what that was....just got EXTREMELY tired and irritable for a little bit..... improved after I ate but was definitely more tired than normal for me.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL!!!

Sounds like your blood sugar crashed after a tough workout. It may make sense to get some food in you immediately pwo.....Even if it is just some BCAA's and 20 grams of simple carbs.

Great workout! Have a good weekend.

PFEPerformance
12-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks Kevin - most definitely think you are right! Ramped up the training, have made some adjustments to nutrition, but hadn't implemented any "immediate" post training in take....

Have been MIA for a few days here - "life" going at wharp speed and trouble keeping up with myself much less my log....

Trained back on Saturday and like leg day, playing around with different set ups, volume, and lifts.... will post up as I get pulled together.

Sunday is always Food Prep day for the week - made a pot of Chili - turned out AWESOME - heres the breakdown if anyone likes Chili !

Ingredients:

Barilla Fresh Tom & Basil Sauce - 1 Jar (750gm)

Chi-Chi's Salso (Hot or Mild to taste) - 1/2 jar (225gm)

Barilla Crushed Tomotoes - 1 large can (793gm)

Kroger Frozen Chopped Onion - 1/2 bag

Kroger Frozen Chopped Green Pepper - 1 Bag

Kidney Beans - 1 Small Can

3lbs Ground Lean Turkey OR Chicken breast (boiled/pulled) (I used LEAN T Breast)

1/2-1 Tsp Chopped Garlic (to taste)

3-4 Tblsp Chili Powder (to taste)

2 Tblsp Ground Pepper

Per 100gm Portion

Calories 83.7
Protein 11.7
Carb 4.9
Fat 1.3
Sodium 163.3 (depending on types and amount of seasonings used)

Obviously can tweak to your own tastes - but GOOD STUFF this time of year in Ohio!!

Will log some training this week as HOPEFULLY time allows

Switched up my nutrition a smidge - Now at:

1833 cals p/d
Prot 222.8
Fat 34.8
Carbs 145.9

PFEPerformance
12-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Saturday -chest and Back

a.1 Low Incline Press - Focussed on form - opening wide at bottom and squeeze at top
5 sets of 10
a.2 Wide Pullups - chest UP full pulls from the bottom - 2 sec hold at top and slow release on the negatives 5 X 10

b.1 Mid Inclines - same as a.1 focus on FEELING it
5 X 10
b.2 Narrow Rack pulls - bringing chest to bar -slow release and slow downward negative
5 X 10

c.1 DB Rows - 5 x 10
c.2 Narrow pullups (using the handlebar attachement) holding at top for 2 count - SLOW release down/feeling the negative 5 x 10 2 X 8 (last two sets very shaky..lol)

d.1 Pec Deck - wide stretch and full squeeze in
5 x 10
d.2 Dips feet crossed and behind - leaning slightly forward - chin down....10, 8, 8, 7, 6........... Dead.... lol thought a face plant was in my future on the last set......

PFEPerformance
12-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Sunday - LEGS

Front Squats - tagging off 12" box - slow and controlled - firing up
5 x 10

6's ss ---- 1min rest between
a.1 Hacks 6 x 10
b.1 Leg Press (feet low and narrow) 6 x 10

b.1 Leg Ext 6 x 20
b.2 Leg Curls 6 x 20

c.1 Box Step ups holding weight 6 x 20 Green Monster was waving hellow in the mirror last two sets - flipped him off and kept going!! LOL

Strength and Endurance are UP and body seems to be leveling off since last comp - TIME TO GROW!

Extreme One
12-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Saturday -chest and Back

a.1 Low Incline Press - Focussed on form - opening wide at bottom and squeeze at top
5 sets of 10
a.2 Wide Pullups - chest UP full pulls from the bottom - 2 sec hold at top and slow release on the negatives 5 X 10

b.1 Mid Inclines - same as a.1 focus on FEELING it
5 X 10
b.2 Narrow Rack pulls - bringing chest to bar -slow release and slow downward negative
5 X 10

c.1 DB Rows - 5 x 10
c.2 Narrow pullups (using the handlebar attachement) holding at top for 2 count - SLOW release down/feeling the negative 5 x 10 2 X 8 (last two sets very shaky..lol)

d.1 Pec Deck - wide stretch and full squeeze in
5 x 10
d.2 Dips feet crossed and behind - leaning slightly forward - chin down....10, 8, 8, 7, 6........... Dead.... lol thought a face plant was in my future on the last set......

That's some CRAZY strength right there with all those pull-ups! Do you ever do deadlifts or rack deads?

PFEPerformance
12-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Hey Kevin! Don't do deads from floor - I have a herniated disk in my lumbar that prevents me from doing them - or lets say - doing them without fear of hurting myself........ I have done rack deads (starting at about knee height) - I don't seem to feel them much - could be my form or something I'm dong wrong??

PFEPerformance
12-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Ok - time to try to get my head out of my ass and keep up with my journal! LIFE has been on CRAZY train status for the month of December and quite ready for January to get here and get on with things on a more normal status!

Had some sort of bug over last weekend that brought me to a screaching halt for two days..... which I seemed to have passed on to my parents for Christmas (BOTH sick on Christmas .... so sorry guys!!!!). I normally try very hard to avoid my parents when I'm not feeling well...but, this darn thing came on so quick I didn't know I was getting sick until I was SICK!

Then got hit by the mega snow storm yesterday that kept me house bound.....UGH - I HATE OHIO winters!!!

Tonight is kill the delts night from every angle I can possibly hit them. Still trying out HIGH Volume and really loving it. Also trying to determine how many days per week training is optimal for growth while how many days is optimal for rest to support growth ............. Greatly struggling with this and what the layout should look like ......... MENTAl battles with self as I've always geared myself to 4-5 days in the gym 1.5-2 hours per session (not including cardio).... BUT put on very little size last year....so one side of brain is telling me "obviously" somethiing needs changed.....while the other side of my brain is telling me I HAVE to be in the GYM! UGH!!!!!

Somedays all the self talk makes you feel like a psychotic mess !! LMAO!

PRIMARY goal for the New Year is to identify what the optimal balance is and STOP questioning if it is right.....but to TRUST it and just let the changes happen!!

Merry Belated Christmas to all and BEST WISHES FOR AN AWESOME 2013! Hoping everyone achieves the goals and markers they set for themselves!!!

PFEPerformance
12-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Dealing with my own insanity! LOL

Extreme One
12-27-2012, 01:24 PM
If you are afraid to "step out of your comfort zone", how will you learn what works best for you? Maybe for you high volume is better than low. But until you give low volume a shot, you will never know. I would think that coming off a high volume prep, your body may respond to a decrease in work load. Maybe focus on the basics and try to get stonger? Just a thought......

Extreme One
12-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Ok - time to try to get my head out of my ass and keep up with my journal! LIFE has been on CRAZY train status for the month of December and quite ready for January to get here and get on with things on a more normal status!

Had some sort of bug over last weekend that brought me to a screaching halt for two days..... which I seemed to have passed on to my parents for Christmas (BOTH sick on Christmas .... so sorry guys!!!!). I normally try very hard to avoid my parents when I'm not feeling well...but, this darn thing came on so quick I didn't know I was getting sick until I was SICK!

Then got hit by the mega snow storm yesterday that kept me house bound.....UGH - I HATE OHIO winters!!!

Tonight is kill the delts night from every angle I can possibly hit them. Still trying out HIGH Volume and really loving it. Also trying to determine how many days per week training is optimal for growth while how many days is optimal for rest to support growth ............. Greatly struggling with this and what the layout should look like ......... MENTAl battles with self as I've always geared myself to 4-5 days in the gym 1.5-2 hours per session (not including cardio).... BUT put on very little size last year....so one side of brain is telling me "obviously" somethiing needs changed.....while the other side of my brain is telling me I HAVE to be in the GYM! UGH!!!!!

Somedays all the self talk makes you feel like a psychotic mess !! LMAO!

PRIMARY goal for the New Year is to identify what the optimal balance is and STOP questioning if it is right.....but to TRUST it and just let the changes happen!!

Merry Belated Christmas to all and BEST WISHES FOR AN AWESOME 2013! Hoping everyone achieves the goals and markers they set for themselves!!!

In my opinion the above underlined in bold is severly overtraining and you will have a tough time putting on muscle going that route. Scale that down to under an hour 4 times a week focusing on the basics and I bet you grow. :)

PFEPerformance
12-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Thank you Kevin - I KNOW you're RIGHT! Just got to wrap my head around it and act on it......... lots of "old school" - "bro science" YEARS of mental conditioning in my past that needs an overhaul! Out of my comfort zone is RIGHT ON! Last year brought results - but, NOT what I believe is even close to what is possible if I kill my old habbits - doing it my way brought mediocre results - need to step back and like you said - get out of my comfort zone and give a new way a solid chance!

Right now I'm in the gym Thurs, Sat, Sunday (but just started that in December....it was Tues, Wed, Thur, Sat, Sun) and that did not include Cardio at home.

So you feel a Tues/Thurs/Sat/Sun set up would be optimal?

I'm not doing Cardio right now at all.....I usually don't do any or VERY minimal when not in prep mode.....

As always ~ thank you for your input!

Extreme One
12-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Try the four day split and see how it pans out. Maybe try hitting each bodypart once a week focusing on the compound movements. Get in and get out. Get stronger each workout. How much cardio where you doing during prep? If memory serves me correct, not a whole lot. If so, limiting cardio to three 20-30 minute LISS sessions should be enough to keep bf down.

PFEPerformance
12-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Try the four day split and see how it pans out. Maybe try hitting each bodypart once a week focusing on the compound movements. Get in and get out. Get stronger each workout. How much cardio where you doing during prep? If memory serves me correct, not a whole lot. If so, limiting cardio to three 20-30 minute LISS sessions should be enough to keep bf down.

Yes - prep was minimal cardio (compared to what a lot of others do)..... 3-4 days LISS 30-45min) or I'd do 2 days HIIT (20-30min) and 2 days LISS ......

Will give this a try! TIME to change things up and see where it goes! THANKS for the input!

Last night training Delts (all really focussing on slow and controlled - seems obvious - but trying to REALLY get my head right - mind/muscle connection - MENTAL focus on what I'm working and FEELING it......) So easy to get in a groove of showing up (being distracted by atmosphere or day to day "stuff", doing what's on the roster and going home without really getting HEAD in the full game..... working hard on making sure my head shows up with my body for EVERY session:

DB Press 5 sets of 10
SS
Side Laterals 5 sets 10

BB Press 5 sets of 10
SS
Bent over laterals 5 sets of 10

Face Pulls 5 sets of 10
SS
Palms up Front Raise 5 sets of 10

Burnouts-
Side laterals - lt weight - slow controlled 4 sets of 20
SS
Reverse Pect dec - lt weight - slow controlled 4 sets of 20

SORE today!

Mac
12-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Lots of volume in that last workout ! Great stuff.

data4
12-28-2012, 11:10 PM
I see you like pressing. You may want to check out over and back presses. They put a ton of tension on the delts and will light them on fire!

PFEPerformance
12-29-2012, 02:50 PM
I see you like pressing. You may want to check out over and back presses. They put a ton of tension on the delts and will light them on fire!

?? Never heard of?? Will have to google? Thanks !!

Hit the Wheels today -

777 Training -

Front Squats tagging off 12" box

7 sets of 10
SS
7 sets of 10 hanging abs

7 sets of 10 Hacks (varrying foot placement)
SS
7 Sets of 10 Presses (varrying foot placement)

7 Sets of 20 Leg Ext
SS
7 Sets of 20 Leg Curls

Burn baby burn

7 Sets of 20 holding DB's Box Step Ups

Spent about 30min after just laying on floor doing various deep stretch holds

PFEPerformance
12-31-2012, 09:39 AM
Chest & Back yesterday - furnace went out at gym...........so, training got trimmed down a bit .....COLD and I don't function/move well when I'm cold..............UGH!!

Low Inclines - 5 sets of 10
SS
WIDE pullups - 5 sets of 10

Mid Inclines - 5 sets of 10
SS
Narrow Negatives

DB Rows - 5 sets of 10
SS
Pec Dec - 5 sets of 10

Wrapped it up and went home for HOT shower and stretching......

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac
12-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Happy New Year Lorrie!

PFEPerformance
01-02-2013, 03:36 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU MAC!!

Hope everyone had a restful and healthy New Years Day yesterday!! I spent my day on food prep and just kicking back and chilling out! December felt like a non stop frieght train on the work and homefront - READY FOR NORMAL to return and get the hek on with things!!

I'm not really one to do New Years Resolutions..... sorta feel like if you want or need to change something, or want to shoot for a goal....etc.... - change or do it when it needs changed or done - not make a big production out of a new year and "then" make a change..... just my perspective.......... but will say, with a New Year, it does feel a bit refreshing and comes with goals I haved already set for myself late year 2012.

SIZE is the name of the game - SHOW UP - SHUT UP -- AND GET THE JOB DONE!!

Extreme One
01-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Happy New Year Lorrie! Good luck with your quest for size.

PFEPerformance
01-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Thanks a million Kevin ! Appreciate all your input and support! "Grow" support buddies...LOL

Last nights training was less than stellar..... had two areas being COMPLETELY hogged by a couple new peeps who set up shop to lift...talk...talk...txt...talk...lift...talk...ta lk...txt...OMG!!! Asked twice if they were about done ..... "oh yea, sure, couple more and we're done".... talk...talk...talk...txt...video...talk....lift... ....... HOLY MOSES I was NOT a happy camper!!!!!!!!!

Anywho................ enough of my griping....

Delts:

5 X 10 DB Presses
SS
5 X 10 Bentover Rear delt flys - Dunno why - if just me being in BEOTCH mode with the nonsense or what, but struggled with these midway through

Found my rhythm here forward - maybe because I moved to other end of gym?? LOL
5 X 10 Face Pulls
SS
6 X 10 Front Raises ( 3sets Palms down.... 3 sets Palms up)

5X10 Reverse Pec Dec
SS
Bi work - 5 X 15 DB Curls

Took my TUDE on home and called it a night.... LOL

Seriously though, is there anything more annoying then dorks standing around having "visiting hour" and doing WAAAAAY more yacking and Fing around vs lifting? Hek - I don't mind waiting on someone to finish their set or whatever...but REALLY an hour in one space and "maybe" lifted 3 sets in the entire time I did my whole session.... Rant...Rant...Rant....

Have a GREAT weekend all!!!

PFEPerformance
01-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Saturday - Legs

5 X 10
Heavy leg presses- varrying foot placement
SS
5 X 10
Hack Squats - shoulder width stance - feet high

5 X 15
Leg Curls
SS
Leg Extensions

5 X 15
HIGH box step ups - last two sets were killers..... GREEN MONSTER hovering close by....

All lifts went up in weight

Sunday - Back and Chest
5 x 10
Low Incline Press
SS
Wide Grip pullups

5 X 10
Mid Incline Press
SS
Narrow grip pullups ( did 3 sets full ROM - did 3 sets negatives)

5 X 10
Pec Dec
SS
DB rows
Weight went up on these

5 sets Rack Pulls with feet up.....

PFEPerformance
01-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Tues -

Front Squats - 8 X 10

BB Rows - 5 X 10

Dips 5 X 10

A bit on the TIRED side today - no real explanation - just OHIO WINTER dreary day blues...LOL

A Favorite quote I read when having one of those days that your "just not feelin it" :
“Perseverance is the hard work you do after
you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.”

Extreme One
01-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Tues -

Front Squats - 8 X 10

BB Rows - 5 X 10

Dips 5 X 10

A bit on the TIRED side today - no real explanation - just OHIO WINTER dreary day blues...LOL

A Favorite quote I read when having one of those days that your "just not feelin it" :
“Perseverance is the hard work you do after
you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.”

I am assuming this is an "extra" day to bring up lagging bodyparts? Also, how do yo do your rack chins? Do you set it up so that at the top of the pull your rear end is still lower than your feet? Nice work in here my buddy!

PFEPerformance
01-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Hey Kevin - Yep - extra day to do the addl "homework" to bring up frustrating slow gainers...LOL Finding it's actually NICE because it mentally allows me to fully slow down and FOCUS on the job at hand....should be a given with every session, which it is to a degree, but, finding this is giving a little bit more mental ooomph to connect to these parts!

To answer your question - I set myself up in the Squat rack ........... drop the bar to about shoulder height, rig up a chain that hooks up to the bar I'm using..wide, narrow, etc..... Then I pull in the adjustable bench and put it at a height and distance that when I put my feet up on it I'm pretty much in a big V position........... then its go time from there....YES - my rear end stays below my feet at all times. LEARNING TO LOVE THESE! REALLY-REALLY feel them and can get a good squeeze at top and s l o w negatives!

THANKS!!!

Extreme One
01-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Yes, I LOVE rack chins. I just do them in the smythe with my feet up on the back of an incline bench. Drop sets are great.....Sit a db in your lap, do as many as you can, tilt your hips to roll the db off and continue the set with your bodyweight.

How's everything going with your diet? Have you ever increased your carbs peri w.o. on your toughest bodyparts?

PFEPerformance
01-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Yes, I LOVE rack chins. I just do them in the smythe with my feet up on the back of an incline bench. Drop sets are great.....Sit a db in your lap, do as many as you can, tilt your hips to roll the db off and continue the set with your bodyweight.

How's everything going with your diet? Have you ever increased your carbs peri w.o. on your toughest bodyparts?

Very cool - will try drop sets!! Hadn't even occured to me how to do those! On the Agenda for sure!

Diet is under construction.....my weight has pretty much stabilized since comp - up 8-9lbs depending on the day I weigh in and has been the same for 3 weeks now........ I'm positive it is a "girl hormonal" thing and where we carry our weight ..... but fuckaduck I hate - hate - hate the lil belly "pooch" that always returns..... obliques are still very visible but I always get this little middle belly pooch that DRIVES ME NUTSO!! LOL - can you tell I HATE it?? hee..hee...

Not sure if any dietary manipulation would have any effect on that what so ever or if it is just my area to carry ?????????????? UGH!!!

Anyway - to your question..... I started drinking a shake pre-wo..... been making it with FF Greek Yogurt and Isolyze...... then drinking Chained Out througout workout...... added a Potato immediately post ..... have it ready to go, just have to warm it up.....all of which corrected that mega nose dive I was experiencing after the heavy training days....

PFEPerformance
01-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Thursday night did battle with the DELTS:

DB Press 5 sets of 10 .... wt went up
SS
Side Laterals 5 sets 10 ....wt went up

BB Press 5 sets of 10.....wt went up
SS
Bent over laterals 5 sets of 10.....probably could have increased wt here...but, still struggling a smidge with keeping form TIGHT here and not swinging...so, kept where I was but slowed down and held a sec at top before negative

Face Pulls 5 sets of 10.....wt up
SS
Front Raise 6 sets of 10.....kept weight the same here....slow and CONTROLLED....did 3 sets palms up....3 sets palms down

Burnouts-
Side laterals - ltr weight - slow controlled 4 sets of 20
SS
Reverse Pect dec - bumped up in weight - slow controlled 4 sets of 20

Had trouble putting coat on to go home...LOL.... so, mission accomplished!

Tweaked a little something in my neck....OR slept wrong... just very tender and tight on Left side of neck this morning. Rubbed down, used rumble roller for ten min, iced for another ten...helped...but feeling it sitting at desk at work..... will repeat rub down, rolling, and ice tonight....

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Extreme One
01-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Holy crap that's a lot of sets for delts! 39! That's more than I do in a month. How are you they feeling?

PFEPerformance
01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Feeling GREAT - sore, but great.... neck still tender.... not sure if last night training or slept wrong...??? It's not major and not as bad as it was this morning, but "there". I work with two PC Screens and noticing it moreso turning from side to side.... sounds like a reason to go home and chill out for the day....LOL....yea, right!

PFEPerformance
01-16-2013, 11:10 AM
ok - BIG CHANGES implemented - Now under the direction of TEAM DATA - thank you Austin!

Diet has been tweaked and Training has been overhauled and we are off to a much needed new management with fresh new ideas and fresh new insight!

Last night hit chest and delts - sorta started out with that, "well hek...this feels a little easy (granted, was finding right weight to use for new lifts and just not quite in that zone yet with something new...)....BUT - BUT - BUT........ by the time I was done - I WAS DONE!!! Austin kicked my toosh without even being in the building - NICE !! LOL ABSOLUTELY feeling it today!!

I don't normally post what weight I'm using .... but, think I'm going to start so I can have even further record of progess, etc...

DB Twist Press (NEVER done these before - lil akward at first - but found my rythm after a few)
after solid warmup and finding the right weight
4 X 8 40#
think there is room to go up in wt on these..but was playing it a lil safe and solid getting used to lift and feel of these - SLOW and controlled was the name of the game

Incline BB Presses
Again - took me a bit to find rythm and weight and definitely can move up in weight on these next session
goal was 4-5 sets - I could hit 6 - so, that is where I'm sure I can bump up on the weight
6 X 50#

Stretch P/U's............VERY NICE and a little comical I'm sure last couple with "jello" muscles...

Reverse Pec Dec - 2 sec hold (shoulda got some pics of my face last few of these...LOL)
3 X 50#

Side Laterals
20 x 15# X 2 really had to work for the last 2 reps
20 X 12# X 2....noted in log book - BURN!! and THAT was an understatement

Over and Back Press - was "feelin the love from D4 about now).....LOL
10 X 35#
10 X 30#
Begging for mercy .... 10 X 25............DONE!

Endurance and Energy GREAT throughout! Austin increased my carbs a bit on training days.....

I don't like to post progress pics either.... actually sorta hate it....but... can't improve without critique and something to base things on.....

Two Pics from back last night while I could still lift my arms.....

THANK YOU TEAM DATA FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PUTTING SOME DIRECTION TO THIS MISSION!!

data4
01-16-2013, 11:16 AM
ok - BIG CHANGES implemented - Now under the direction of TEAM DATA - thank you Austin!

Diet has been tweaked and Training has been overhauled and we are off to a much needed new management with fresh new ideas and fresh new insight!

Last night hit chest and delts - sorta started out with that, "well hek...this feels a little easy (granted, was finding right weight to use for new lifts and just not quite in that zone yet with something new...)....BUT - BUT - BUT........ by the time I was done - I WAS DONE!!! Austin kicked my toosh without even being in the building - NICE !! LOL ABSOLUTELY feeling it today!!

I don't normally post what weight I'm using .... but, think I'm going to start so I can have even further record of progess, etc...

DB Twist Press (NEVER done these before - lil akward at first - but found my rythm after a few)
after solid warmup and finding the right weight
4 X 8 40#
think there is room to go up in wt on these..but was playing it a lil safe and solid getting used to lift and feel of these - SLOW and controlled was the name of the game

Incline BB Presses
Again - took me a bit to find rythm and weight and definitely can move up in weight on these next session
goal was 4-5 sets - I could hit 6 - so, that is where I'm sure I can bump up on the weight
6 X 50#

Stretch P/U's............VERY NICE and a little comical I'm sure last couple with "jello" muscles...

Reverse Pec Dec - 2 sec hold (shoulda got some pics of my face last few of these...LOL)
3 X 50#

Side Laterals
20 x 15# X 2 really had to work for the last 2 reps
20 X 12# X 2....noted in log book - BURN!! and THAT was an understatement

Over and Back Press - was "feelin the love from D4 about now).....LOL
10 X 35#
10 X 30#
Begging for mercy .... 10 X 25............DONE!

Endurance and Energy GREAT throughout! Austin increased my carbs a bit on training days.....

I don't like to post progress pics either.... actually sorta hate it....but... can't improve without critique and something to base things on.....

Two Pics from back last night while I could still lift my arms.....

THANK YOU TEAM DATA FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PUTTING SOME DIRECTION TO THIS MISSION!!

Thanks for the name drop! You have the drive and the dedication so lets do this!!

PFEPerformance
01-16-2013, 03:55 PM
THANK YOU Austin!!! Something to prove and a roadmap in the works to get there - IT'S ON!!

curvygirl
01-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Yay Yay Yay! I found your training journal Lorrie!
Happy Happy New Year Lady!

I have so been missing you and lots of the other gals over on the "girlie" side of things! Blame it on the holidays & vacation! But lookie where I found you! Hanging out with the "Big Boys!"

That being said here is a quote from John Meadows
"How I Train Women...I have wrote this many times, but in short, all my women train like animals whether they are doing figure, physique, or bodybuilding. Women are at a hormonal disadvantage when it comes to putting on muscle, and it's harder to accure lean muscle, so why in the heck would you want to burpee and box jump women to death thinking that will make them contest ready and build lean tissue. My women grind with the weights, just like the guys do."

And we sure do don't we! I know my game got upped when I started training with Bossman. And now we are a training trio! A young gun, literally half my age, seeking guidance from Bossman has joined us. He has definitely been a positive force, pushing us. I love it! I am stronger for it! So you keep on mama! And you and Data (Austin) are plotting your stage domination! :D I have been following his journey since early last year. What an athlete he is! I know your game just got upped another notch too!

Sounds like you have a solid plan to grow! Looking really good in your back double-bi pics! Speaking of which...Thank you for the tip on the pinky finger twist. Now that I am 14.5 weeks out, there will be mandatory weekly posing practice. Your tip will be firmly in mind every time I hit my double-bi poses.

Alright mama! I am subbed and will be following along as you continue your "grow season" and work your way to the stage for 2013!
Love ya much!
x0x0x

Jordan Coburn
01-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Just catching up...Looks like you're ready to do some work! Data is a sadist...Enjoy :)

I'll be following.

data4
01-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Just catching up...Looks like you're ready to do some work! Data is a sadist...Enjoy :)

I'll be following.

That is probably the best word to describe me :)

PFEPerformance
01-17-2013, 09:16 AM
That is probably the best word to describe me :)

We'll see what I'm calling you a few weeks from now....LOL - with much love of course!! :hypno:

PFEPerformance
01-17-2013, 09:47 AM
Yay Yay Yay! I found your training journal Lorrie!
Happy Happy New Year Lady!

I have so been missing you and lots of the other gals over on the "girlie" side of things! Blame it on the holidays & vacation! But lookie where I found you! Hanging out with the "Big Boys!"

That being said here is a quote from John Meadows

And we sure do don't we! I know my game got upped when I started training with Bossman. And now we are a training trio! A young gun, literally half my age, seeking guidance from Bossman has joined us. He has definitely been a positive force, pushing us. I love it! I am stronger for it! So you keep on mama! And you and Data (Austin) are plotting your stage domination! :D I have been following his journey since early last year. What an athlete he is! I know your game just got upped another notch too!

Sounds like you have a solid plan to grow! Looking really good in your back double-bi pics! Speaking of which...Thank you for the tip on the pinky finger twist. Now that I am 14.5 weeks out, there will be mandatory weekly posing practice. Your tip will be firmly in mind every time I hit my double-bi poses.

Alright mama! I am subbed and will be following along as you continue your "grow season" and work your way to the stage for 2013!
Love ya much!
x0x0x

WELL HELLO THERE SEXY MAMA! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AS WELL! LET'S MAKE IT AN INCREDIBLE YEAR GIRL!!!

Yep - you found me hanging with the BIG BOYZ! LOL Sorta my comfort zone.....

HUGE-HUGE AMEN to the John Meadows quote!!! THANK YOU for sharing!! EXACTLY what I need in my journal!! I've spent time with different folks with different takes on how "women should train"..... everything he describes and then some - Cardio bunnys, don't lift heavy, don't lift often, use machines only, ......BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...)#@$*)%*@$)* !!! Seriously!!

NEVER fit my personality nor how " I " want to train! UPPING my game, UPPING my plan, and breathing in FRESH new ideas, takes, and critique on things has been MUCH needed for a long time now and sometimes you have to get out of your own way and start really assessing where you are and where you wish to go and put together the road map and components to get there!

So glad you found your BOSSMAN and getting your game plan in place!! You're right....sometimes you "think" your game got upped - but then someone steps in and UPS YOUR GAME!! LOVE IT!!

I have a HUGE amount of respect for Austin and I too have been following his journey....this too makes a difference when you watch someone else paying their dues, learning what makes them tick and what gets results, etc.... that kinda person "gets it" and totally respects this sport and what you have to do to get where you want to go......If I want someone to blow smoke up my toosh or coddle me....I'll go visit my Mother..... LOL ..... finding a plan that incorporates pushing you beyond your current parameters, limits, and/or thinking is the start of PROGRESS!! Finding someone who will tell you to STFU, get out of your own way, feed you with some NEW ideas and expect you to bust your ass in and out of the gym - I'M IN!!

CHEERS to a NEW YEAR, NEW GOALS, AND ROCKIN THE STAGE IN WP GIRL!!

14.5 weeks - I'M WITH YOU THE ENTIRE WAY !!! YOU GOT THIS!!! :cheerleader:

PFEPerformance
01-17-2013, 10:06 AM

I'll be following.

THANK YOU!! Strap in - put your seat and tray table in the upright position - IT'S GONNA BE A RIDE!! LOL

Extreme One
01-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Hey Lorrie,

You're in good hands. Kid knows his stuff......Plus I am sure he can give you some great hair care pointers along the way. LOL.

PFEPerformance
01-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Hey Lorrie,

You're in good hands. Kid knows his stuff......Plus I am sure he can give you some great hair care pointers along the way. LOL.

Thanks Kevin!!
As the dust settles and we get fully hardcore into DATA ASS KICKING MODE (he's playing nice for now....I'm sure he's just testing out my tolerance level...LOL....) he and I will have to get together and video a training session and see who has the better hair!!

PFEPerformance
01-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Thursday night PFE Throw Down....LOL - handicap grab bars being installed at desk as we speak....

Bi's & Tri's (still adjusting to new lifts and change ups...prior trainer had me doing ZERO bi & tri work, so this is new and REFRESHING....) Will take me a round or two on the newer lifts to find my challenging weight while maintaining solid form....want to get the lifts down, form down, feel down BEFORE I start ramping up the weight.....some were all I could do and wt was right, others I felt I could definitely take a bump on.....

V Bar Pushdowns -
60# X 15 X 1
70# X 12 X 1
70# X 10 X 1
70# X 8 X 1

Hammer Curls
25# X 10 X 4

Dips 12, 12, 9, 10

Overhead Rope Ext (never done these before...took me a few to get the form down)
50# X 12 X 2
40# X 12 X 2 (last set - last 3 VERY difficult...)

EZ Bar Curls - SLOW and controlled on negatives - 3 sec
30# X 8 X 3
25# X 8 X 1

Seated Curls - Bi's were on a solid BURN status starting here...LOL
20# X 8 X 3
20# X 7 X 1

LEGS
Smith Squats (new to this as well and next week will pop the weight up a bit....wanted to get the form and feel down and really SEE what I was doing) On that note - HOLY HELL!! Austin got a few "words" dropped midway through these!

Dropping ALLLLLLLLLL the way down - ATG - Leaning into bar and keeping back straight....these suckers are INTENSE!!

50#loaded X 15 X 6

Leg Curls
70# X 12 X 3 (BURN on last set BIG TIME and really had to push - but focussed throughout on the SQUEEZE and control)

Leg Press - feet high
270# X 20 X 2............ "rolled" off machine....found my upright position somewhere in there...LOL

Leg Ext - toes inward - again...slow and controlled - slight hold at top before release
70# X 15 X 1
70# X 12 X 1
50# X 15 X 1
BRUTAL-BRUTAL-BRUTAL!!!

Feeling AWESOME, energy, endurance, focus all spot on and GREAT!

data4
01-18-2013, 01:23 PM
WELL HELLO THERE SEXY MAMA! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AS WELL! LET'S MAKE IT AN INCREDIBLE YEAR GIRL!!!

Yep - you found me hanging with the BIG BOYZ! LOL Sorta my comfort zone.....

HUGE-HUGE AMEN to the John Meadows quote!!! THANK YOU for sharing!! EXACTLY what I need in my journal!! I've spent time with different folks with different takes on how "women should train"..... everything he describes and then some - Cardio bunnys, don't lift heavy, don't lift often, use machines only, ......BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...)#@$*)%*@$)* !!! Seriously!!

NEVER fit my personality nor how " I " want to train! UPPING my game, UPPING my plan, and breathing in FRESH new ideas, takes, and critique on things has been MUCH needed for a long time now and sometimes you have to get out of your own way and start really assessing where you are and where you wish to go and put together the road map and components to get there!

So glad you found your BOSSMAN and getting your game plan in place!! You're right....sometimes you "think" your game got upped - but then someone steps in and UPS YOUR GAME!! LOVE IT!!

I have a HUGE amount of respect for Austin and I too have been following his journey....this too makes a difference when you watch someone else paying their dues, learning what makes them tick and what gets results, etc.... that kinda person "gets it" and totally respects this sport and what you have to do to get where you want to go......If I want someone to blow smoke up my toosh or coddle me....I'll go visit my Mother..... LOL ..... finding a plan that incorporates pushing you beyond your current parameters, limits, and/or thinking is the start of PROGRESS!! Finding someone who will tell you to STFU, get out of your own way, feed you with some NEW ideas and expect you to bust your ass in and out of the gym - I'M IN!!

CHEERS to a NEW YEAR, NEW GOALS, AND ROCKIN THE STAGE IN WP GIRL!!

14.5 weeks - I'M WITH YOU THE ENTIRE WAY !!! YOU GOT THIS!!! :cheerleader:

No smoke will be blown up your tosh from me. Cant promise that your tosh wont have a blowout on some of these workouts though. Im sure that's a lovely image lol

Hey Lorrie,

This cold dry Ohio weather does a number on my wig I tell ya

Thanks Kevin!!
As the dust settles and we get fully hardcore into DATA ASS KICKING MODE (he's playing nice for now....I'm sure he's just testing out my tolerance level...LOL....) he and I will have to get together and video a training session and see who has the better hair!!

I will probably bump it up a notch after a month or so don't worry :)

Thursday night PFE Throw Down....LOL - handicap grab bars being installed at desk as we speak....

Bi's & Tri's (still adjusting to new lifts and change ups...prior trainer had me doing ZERO bi & tri work, so this is new and REFRESHING....) Will take me a round or two on the newer lifts to find my challenging weight while maintaining solid form....want to get the lifts down, form down, feel down BEFORE I start ramping up the weight.....some were all I could do and wt was right, others I felt I could definitely take a bump on.....

V Bar Pushdowns -
60# X 15 X 1
70# X 12 X 1
70# X 10 X 1
70# X 8 X 1

Hammer Curls
25# X 10 X 4

Dips 12, 12, 9, 10

Overhead Rope Ext (never done these before...took me a few to get the form down)
50# X 12 X 2
40# X 12 X 2 (last set - last 3 VERY difficult...)

EZ Bar Curls - SLOW and controlled on negatives - 3 sec
30# X 8 X 3
25# X 8 X 1

Seated Curls - Bi's were on a solid BURN status starting here...LOL
20# X 8 X 3
20# X 7 X 1

LEGS
Smith Squats (new to this as well and next week will pop the weight up a bit....wanted to get the form and feel down and really SEE what I was doing) On that note - HOLY HELL!! Austin got a few "words" dropped midway through these!

Dropping ALLLLLLLLLL the way down - ATG - Leaning into bar and keeping back straight....these suckers are INTENSE!!

50#loaded X 15 X 6

Leg Curls
70# X 12 X 3 (BURN on last set BIG TIME and really had to push - but focussed throughout on the SQUEEZE and control)

Leg Press - feet high
270# X 20 X 2............ "rolled" off machine....found my upright position somewhere in there...LOL

Leg Ext - toes inward - again...slow and controlled - slight hold at top before release
70# X 15 X 1
70# X 12 X 1
50# X 15 X 1
BRUTAL-BRUTAL-BRUTAL!!!

Feeling AWESOME, energy, endurance, focus all spot on and GREAT!

Its comforting to know I have people in different states cursing at me on any given day lol

mountaindog1
01-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Great thread! No mercy Austin! :)

JM

data4
01-18-2013, 05:53 PM

JM

Im not sure I even know what that means :)

Mac
01-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Kicking some ass in those workouts Lorrie!

PFEPerformance
01-21-2013, 11:31 AM

JM

Thanks for stopping by!! Don't be a stranger! "Mercy" ??? LOL - I didn't sign on for MERCY!!

PFEPerformance
01-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Kicking some ass in those workouts Lorrie!

Thanks Mac! Loving EVERY second of it!!

PFEPerformance
01-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Crazy buys weekend - so need to catch up posting Saturday and Sunday training

Saturday - BACK
Warmed up with 4 sets of wide pullups
10, 8, 6, 7

DB Rows -
45# X 10 (slow and controlled - feeling the contraction at the top before release)

Low Cable Row (45s rest between - that got a smidge brutal towards the end...lol)
70# X 10
80# X 8
100# X 8
100# X 8

Rack Pulls - very slow and held at the top -SLOW negative

Hyperextensions
4 X 20

Abs & Calves

Sunday - LEGS

Seated Leg Curl
85# X 10 X 3
70# X 10 X 1
60# X 30

Leg Press
190 X 8 X 3 - last set REALLY had to work for "mentally and physically" :hypno:

Front Squats - did a few warmups and stretching ramping into these
125# X 10 X 2
Started off set 3 with 125# - got 3....dropped 10# and right back under
115# X 10 X 2

Leg Ext
90 X 10 X 3 (holding at top for count of 3) litterally couldn't walk for a few seconds after these - BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deads
135# X 10 X 1
135# X 8 X 2 (Squeeze and hold at the top of each)

Layed on floor seeing stars for a few minutes (LOL).....stretched for ten minutes

VERY SORE today !

Endurance and Strength BOTH coming up

PFEPerformance
01-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Tuesday training: Let me just start with a big ole THANK YOU Austin - took a few days to get in the zone and find my zone with weights, different lifts, etc..etc... but DANG - I am FEELING good and FEELING the new program!!!!!!!!!!!

I am feeling soreness in areas I have NOT felt in a long time if ever.....doing lifts that make sense and can FEEL the direct area being worked and in turn KNOW I'm not only hitting what needs hit but hitting my weak areas......... Frustrating on some levels to know that these are things that should have been in the program waaaaay back...but, forward and not backward - onwards and UPWARDS....

Tuesday - Chest and Delts

Incline DB w/twist - pyramided up to hit the heavy - just logging the actual heavy sets
45# X 8 X 4 (Last 2-3 on last set took all I had !) Really feel these on the down position too and getting a deep stretch prior to pushing up

Incline BB Press - "may" have to move these over to the Smith Machine - once I hit my heavier set was hard to set myself up - HOPING if I bump these to the Smith it will have no impact on the benefits/effect/etc...outside of allowing me to continue to bump up in weight?
50# X 6
60# X 6 X 2 (was feeling good and strong)
70# X 6 X 1 (oober tough on last two presses - so, happy with !!)

Stetch PU's - Love these and the deep stretch - even with jello arms last few reps....LOL
15, 11

Machine Rear Delt-Reverse pec Dec
50# X 10 X 1
60 X 10 X 2 ( again - found that NICE weight where it was a struggle to hit the last 2-3 reps)

Side Latterals
kept the wt a smidge lower on these to allow for SOLID form, NO swinging, and solid reps
15# X 20 X 3..... lost form on last 3 a bit
12# X 20 X 1 SOLID - BURN - BURN-BURN! :hypno:

DB Presses - I think my words were something along the lines of "you gotta be freaken kidding me" on my first set of these...LOL..... My delts were SHOT which I really take as a GREAT thing because it tells me everything prior DID IT's JOB!! VERY COOL!!

35# X 3 - commence my comments and "other" comments... sorry Austin!!
30# X 5 - yet more comments and OMG - I have ZERO strength..... Austin ears shoulda been burning somewhere in here as he was Squatting his ass off!! LOL
25# X 10 X 2 ..........HOLY )#$@*@#$ !!! DELTS ON FIRE and inability to write in log book for a few..........YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Nutrition has been spot on ..... am experiencing some puffiness with the addn of Creatine.....BUT, this seems to be subsiding somewhat with each day on it..... I did crank up my water intake and being much more conscious of my intake which I think is helping also....

This is my first time on Creatine - so, learning curve to know what to expect......

Extreme One
01-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Nice work Lorrie! Looks like Austin cut back on the number of sets but increased the intensity. LOVE IT! I must admit that I cringed at the 39 sets of delts workout you posted just before starting with Your Hairness Austin. LOL.

PFEPerformance
01-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Nice work Lorrie! Looks like Austin cut back on the number of sets but increased the intensity. LOVE IT! I must admit that I cringed at the 39 sets of delts workout you posted just before starting with Your Hairness Austin. LOL.

Thanks Kevin! Yea - I know you did when you asked me..... putting some direction to my insanity was MUCH needed !! I'm one of those who can tend to OVER train (which we have discussed) not just in hours in the gym but also the actual technique and the mis-guided thinking process that more is better........... MUCH MUCH needed re-wiring of my brain in that respect..... I'm not the one you have to worry about getting IN the gym....I'm the one you have to shut the lights out and tell me to go home.... LOL.... But, all joking asside - I KNOW this has been a HUGE direct effect on my lack of progress/gains in size.....

It's amazing what I am physically feeling just already with someone raining me in a bit and putting a PLAN to the process that I was following from someone else's belief system......

"You're HAIRNESS Austin" LOL - Let's see if I can make him do this :mosh:by the time I hit the stage!!

PFEPerformance
01-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Started today feeling a bit on the OFF side - head congested, a bit tired, slight sore throat....UGH!! Crap going around work and gym....crossing fingers I'm not gonna get the smack down from it...... Plan tonight is home...eat...bed..... In the meantime....drinking lots of water and trying to avoid all the sickies at work....

Thursday night training - ALL lifts improved and feeling very solid and in the zone with them.......

Bi's & Tri's

V Bar Puhdowns
70# X 15, 12, 10,8

Hammer Curls
after a few warmups
30# X 10 X 4

Dips
15, 12, 10, 9

Overhead Rope Ext I missed due to the area being monopolized

EZ Bar Curls w/3 sec neg
40# X 8 X 2
30# X 8 X 2 (had to really focus and push through last set)

Seated DB Curls - palms up - no locking at top - continous flow
25# X 7 X 1
20# X 8 X 3 (BURN..BURN..BURN)

Legs Day 2

Smith Squats - Lean back and ATG
60# X 15 X 3
50# X 15 X 3 ( I have to laugh - its a teller that my focus is lost for a few when I forget to record last set in my log until I've moved on and then see I didn't record.....LOL)

Seated Leg Curl
80# X 12 X 3 HARD last 3 of last set - REALLY had to focus and push

Leg Press - feet high/sh width
270# X 20 X 2

Leg Ext - S L O W and controlled - slight pause at top - 45sec between
70# X 15
70# X 7...had to dump 10 - kept rolling for 60# X 8 (QUADS ON FIRE!)
50# X 15 (had to sit and recover for a lil bit - felt it for the rest of the night!!) NICE

Great weekend to all - STAY HEALTHY!!

curvygirl
01-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Hey Mama!

Workouts are looking awesome! I just love when you try a new exercise, a new protocol, etc. and can FEEL the results of it the next day or two! Building it bigger & stronger! :D

Yuppers! The sickies are going around like wildfire. I hope you can fight them off! Take good care & have a restful weekend. So you can come back next week and share all of the latest torture..."50 Shades of Austin" style! *wink*

((((Big Hug))))

The Prodigy
02-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Journal has been moved! YEEEHAW!!!

PFEPerformance
02-07-2013, 01:55 PM
OK - I've been MIA for a few..... sorta hitting my CTRL-ALT-DEL button to "self"..... A lot going on and working my way though it......

What started out as a cold has turned into Bronchitis..... so, had to take a few days off from training to let my body come through that

Have a very close friend who's 12 year old daughter passed away from a brain tumor....

I personally deal with waves of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) - for me it comes with depression, lack of energy and focus, lack of concentration, and I'm learning the relationship to "getting sick" with this.............. Lots more to it that I won't go into right now....but, I'm trying to further educate myself - and - as indicated above - hit my RESET button so to speak. Unfortunately ONE of the main things that helps me is "training" - but, Doc nixed me for a few days until I'm over Bronchitis....so, this IS a battle !!

I at times have to REMIND myself where my screen name/handle I go by came from and why..... for those of you that don't know me - PFEPERFORMANCE carries a lot of meaning for me........ I have worked with women and at risk youth who have come through through hardships/situations that have deeply effected their self esteems.... but I have learned and found in that process that it doesn't necessarily take a big blow to life of some sort to create the very same self esteem issues..... it can be numersous small things, it can be a lack of self love for one reason or another, it can be over critical thinking of self.....etc...etc... and on and on..... it is our own personal internal dialogs on any given day that can effect how we perceive ourselves and what we do with it.............

PFE Performance is my aproach to all this and more ~
P = Power
F = Focus
E = Energy
Directly effect PERFORMANCE

It is where we chose to put our Power and/or Empowerment, It is where we chose to put our Focus, and where we chose to put our Energies that directly effect our Performance -

be it in the gym, at work, IN LIFE................ Give power, focus, and energy to negative aspects, people, situations it will directly effect your ability to overcome, move forward, grow, etc...... Give power to positives, Give your focus to where you want to go, who you wish to be, that next lift in the gym and what/how it effects or that next thought about your self worth and your value, ...etc.... drop your energies on what you want to generate and your performance will follow.

Have an AWESOME DAY!!

PFEPerformance
02-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Thursday night - BACK at it!!! Still not 100%,but def better...... went in thinking I'd sit back a little bit....but it felt so good just to be throwing the weights around I did a full normal chest and delt w/o. Strength was down slightly - but, endurance and focus were GREAT.....

Incline DB Press with top Twist - Pyramid up - didn't count the first few warmups
45# X 8
50# X 8
50# X 7
45# X 8

Incline BB Press (On Smith) Pyramid up - had discussion with peep in gym about what the Smith bar weighs and if it gets counted or not?? I don't count it - he does - but, he counts it as a 45# - I SERIOUSLY doubt that is accurate - regardless, I just count my plates.....
50# X 6
60# X 6
70# X 6
90# X 6

Stretch PU's - 2 sets of 15

Reverse pec Dec - w/holds
60# X 10
70# X 10
60#X 10

Side Latterals - was weaker last night on these
15# X 20 X 2
12# X 20 (had to work for this....strength just dropped off at this point)
10# X 20

Presses
30# X 9 (strength gone)
25# X 10
25# X 9

Finished off with various sets of Abs

Although strength dipped - all else good.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL!

Mac
02-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Glad to hear you're feeling better. So sorry to hear about your daughter's loss of her friend.

If you're not supplementing with a lot of Vit D, go get some. My girl's D level came back at 15, which is seriously low. I laughed when they gave her a script for D2 with a touch of D3, one pill a week with 50,000 jus. That amount of D2 is equal to 20 of D3. Shame doctors are so out of touch and wonder why their D therapy doesn't work for a lot of people. They're not getting enough, vitamin D that is.

PFE !!

sce0027
02-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Glad to see you're back in the gym and you're getting better! Have a great weekend!

IslandGirl
02-15-2013, 04:12 AM
Ahhhh here is your journal. I wondered if you had one going on. Glad to see you back with us girls! Now I can follow along in your progress!

PFEPerformance
02-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Glad to hear you're feeling better. So sorry to hear about your daughter's loss of her friend.

If you're not supplementing with a lot of Vit D, go get some. My girl's D level came back at 15, which is seriously low. I laughed when they gave her a script for D2 with a touch of D3, one pill a week with 50,000 jus. That amount of D2 is equal to 20 of D3. Shame doctors are so out of touch and wonder why their D therapy doesn't work for a lot of people. They're not getting enough, vitamin D that is.

PFE !!

Thanks Mac!! Had a full blood panel done late last week -waiting on results - in the meantime - did ramp up my Vit D - THANKS for the tid bit! It's VERY difficult to find a GP that thinks outside the box, GETS and respects this lifestyle and how we eat/train/etc..... I've basically walked away from two docs in the last year because they have given me some level of "speach" along the lines of ----- women shouldn't train like men, you are xyz age and shouldn't be doing these things, OR get this one..... almost word for word.....

Doc: Do you work out....?

Me: Yes - I'm in the gym 4-5 days a week lifting and I compete

Doc: No, I mean do you work out?

Me: (strange look on my face and looking dumbfounded)....YES, I'm in the gym...etc...repeating above

Doc: NO - Do you walk, jog, etc.... ????

Me: AGAIN - (strange look on my face and looking dumbfounded).... If your asking if I do Cardio - Yes, I do "some" depending on time of year, where I am in getting ready for a contests, etc....

Doc: - Oh well, that's not good enough................?????????????

ME: Ummmmm - why not?

Doc: Because women should only be doing light walking/jogging...."maybe" some very light weights or an aerobic class...................

Me: )$*#$)$# - ok Moron - where did you graduate from???? (didn't actually say it that way - but sure as hell implied it and didn't go back needless to say).....

Would have loved to catch HIM in the gym and challenge him to a training session with me!!

PFEPerformance
02-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Glad to see you're back in the gym and you're getting better! Have a great weekend!

THANKS girl!! I haven't posted a whole lot these last few weeks but I am following you!! lol

PFEPerformance
02-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Ahhhh here is your journal. I wondered if you had one going on. Glad to see you back with us girls! Now I can follow along in your progress!

Hey there hot stuff - yep - you got me!! Thanks for stopping by!

PFEPerformance
02-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Things are going pretty good - some improvement on the depression stuff.... it's a battle - but, a smidge better.

Over my Bronchitis and back in the gym FULL STEAM as of last week...... Strength is up and LASER FOCUS is ON!! LOL Austin (Data4) has been an INCREDIBLE support and the timing of teaming up with him is somewhat ironic! THANK YOU AUSTIN!! YOU ROCK!

Couple progress pics from the weekend:

PFEPerformance
02-19-2013, 10:43 AM
UGH - pics doubled up - sorry bout that --- LOL --- not sure how to delete.....

Extreme One
02-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Ha! Found your journal. Pics look great. Definitely putting on some good quality muscle. Sorry to hear about the sad news. Hang in there! Spring is around the corner. In the meantime, keep hammering away.

PFEPerformance
02-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Ha! Found your journal. Pics look great. Definitely putting on some good quality muscle. Sorry to hear about the sad news. Hang in there! Spring is around the corner. In the meantime, keep hammering away.

Yep - you found me!! Thanks SO much for "everything"! Guess we aren't just Prep buddies my friend - hangin tough!

The gym is my sanctuary at times - AINT NO STOPPIN ME! :hugme:

sce0027
02-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Saying a prayer for you! Always a good thing to look to God whenever you're feeling that way. These forums are awesome for a little motivation as well. Glad you kicked that bronchitis in the tush! Happy training!

PFEPerformance
02-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Training last night was killer (Chest and Delts)!!! Feel like I'm BACK in the zone after the Bronchitis non sense - all lifts were up in wt....thought I might be struggling a smidge but pumpin and rocking the weights was the name of the game last night!!

Hunger is kickin up a smidge - nothing crazy...but starting to notice I'm hungrier between meals than I was....so - GOOD SIGN!

curvygirl
02-21-2013, 11:35 AM
PFE Performance is my approach to all this and more ~
P = Power
F = Focus
E = Energy

I love this! It is a great philosophy & approach!

I have missed you Lorrie! ((((BIG HUG))))
So happy you have healed up & are back in fighting form...speaking of which! WOW!
You look great! So nice to place a pretty face with the bod! You've got great details & cuts showing in off-season! Woot Woot!

Yup! SAD is no joke! I swear the things that get me through the "dark days" of winter are my full spectrum lamp on my desk at work & training! A few have said I am crazy for prepping through the holidays but keeping the adrenaline, endorphins flowing & metabolism cranked into burn mode keeps me happy! I finally, finally broke through the plateau/stall out. But man it was tough to keep pushing at it when I just wanted to crawl into bed & hibernate!

Love you much Lady! Keep on killing it in the iron chamber!
Have you decided on any shows yet? You can bet your sweet bippy I will be yelling & cheering you on the whole way!
x0x0x0x

IslandGirl
02-22-2013, 03:19 AM
Your back looks killer! Great job!

What you have planned for the weekend?

Mac
02-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Great pics. You look awesome and that back shot is the best!

PFEPerformance
02-22-2013, 09:39 AM
PFE Performance is my approach to all this and more ~
P = Power
F = Focus
E = Energy

I love this! It is a great philosophy & approach!

I have missed you Lorrie! ((((BIG HUG))))
So happy you have healed up & are back in fighting form...speaking of which! WOW!
You look great! So nice to place a pretty face with the bod! You've got great details & cuts showing in off-season! Woot Woot!

Yup! SAD is no joke! I swear the things that get me through the "dark days" of winter are my full spectrum lamp on my desk at work & training! A few have said I am crazy for prepping through the holidays but keeping the adrenaline, endorphins flowing & metabolism cranked into burn mode keeps me happy! I finally, finally broke through the plateau/stall out. But man it was tough to keep pushing at it when I just wanted to crawl into bed & hibernate!

Love you much Lady! Keep on killing it in the iron chamber!
Have you decided on any shows yet? You can bet your sweet bippy I will be yelling & cheering you on the whole way!
x0x0x0x

My Girl!! Love you to babe!! Sisters in Iron, Cyber Space, and walking the many twists and turns of life!!

Yea - I've been doing A LOT of research on SAD - this year has been the WORST yet for me that I can ever remember and though I'm not sure why - I am trying to further educate myself and "for now" don't want pharmaceuticals without trying other avenues FIRST. I have taken a serious toosh kickin this past couple months from it - but, I REFUSE to go down and I REFUSE to quit--- there are days I have to litterally WILL MYSELF OUT OF BED and then hurry up and make the bed so I don't crawl back in....stupid...but true....

The gym is my personal Psychiatric Asylum (LOL) - love ya MAC....hee..hee.... it's a place I don't have to think and I can just crank up my head set and poor it all into the weights! It TRULY helps on a physical and mental level.

SO GLAD you pushed on through the stall ....... keep that game face on girl and keep on killin it!! SOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited for you!!!

Thanks for the compliments! It was one of my goals this offseason to keep the BF as far down as I could while packing on some quality size - so far - so GOOD!!

Haven't zeroed in on a definite show(s) yet - most likely will hit late summer and on into fall....gives me plenty time to hit some very serious growth best I can!!

Love ya MUCH MAMA!! CYBER HUGS!!!! (will have to make those real hugs some day!!) PFE!!!

PFEPerformance
02-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Your back looks killer! Great job!

What you have planned for the weekend?

Thanks girl!!! It's ALWAYS exciting when the changes begin to happen and the details from the hard work begin to reveal! SO MOTIVATING!!

Heading to the Cincinnati area this weekend for some Team Training and a BF check in..... haven't had my BF tested since before Christmas....So.... this shall be interesting! LOL Not too overly caught up about it, because I know I'm still fairly lean and can SEE what I'm wanting to see still -but I do use it as a guide to tell me where I am and how much LMM I'm up.

How about you? Whats on your Weekend Roster? HAVE A GREAT ONE!!!!

PFEPerformance
02-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Great pics. You look awesome and that back shot is the best!

THANKS MAC!! Been pushing and working hard! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

~BIG HUG!!~

PFEPerformance
02-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Thursday Night Training - Energy and Strength is UP!

V Bar Pushdowns -

Hammer Curls -
Bumped up 5# on these - 4 X 10

Dips -
17*, 15*, 12, 10 - NEW PB's for first and second sets

Overhead Rope Ext
4 X 12

EZ Bar Curls - I LOVE these! LOL - dunno why - just makes me feel tough! hee...hee..
4 X 8 w/ 3 sec negs

Seated Curls - BARN BURNERS!! WOWEE
4 X 8

off to the leg room

Hacks (in place of Smith leaning Squats - Smith machine was being monopolized "sigh")
6 X 15

Leg Curl
3 X 12

Leg Ext
3 X 15 w/45s rest between...........BURN...BURN....BURN

Limped to floor and STRETCHED ! LOL Feels good to kick my own ass!

Large % of lifts were either up in reps or up in wt!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL!!! PFE IS IN THE ZONE!!!

Sunnyday
02-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Great work, Lorrie!! Way to GROW!

sce0027
02-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Great workout!!!!!! You definitely killed it! Hack squats are sooooo wonderful for my glutes, forcing myself to push off with my heels instead of my toes makes me feel it more back there and my hammies too. Have an amazing weekend!

PFEPerformance
02-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Great training over the weekend!!
Had Team training on Saturday and got some SERIOUS back work in and did some posing practice....LOVE hitting some poses after training when everything is just pumped and primed!

Got BF checked - VERY pleased with where I'm sitting right now - BF @ 11.9% and LMM is @ 121.4 vs 112.6 Dec 8!! HAPPY CAMPER I AM!!

Hit legs last night, had a busy AM so went last night - dang if I didn't have the entire place to myself and it was NICE!! LOL

Leg Curls 3 X 10....slight drop 1 X 10, then addl drop for burnout of 1 X 30! BURNs so good!

Leg Press - 3 X 8 @ max after solid warmup

Squats - 4 X 10 (was in the ZONE and really-really pushing these - felt awesome)

Leg Ext w/5sec holds at top - 3 X 10 - YOWSERS!!! "Barn Burners"!!!!!

Deads - 3 X 8

Hit abs and some good floor stretching

HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK EVERYONE! PFE-IN THE ZONE!!

PFEPerformance
02-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Great work, Lorrie!! Way to GROW!

THANKS SUNNY! :hugme:

PFEPerformance
02-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Great workout!!!!!! You definitely killed it! Hack squats are sooooo wonderful for my glutes, forcing myself to push off with my heels instead of my toes makes me feel it more back there and my hammies too. Have an amazing weekend!

THANKS GIRL!! Yea, Hacks are definitely a different animal and can bring out some GREAT definition. I like to play around with foot placement and really focus on WHERE I'm feeling it! Seems to be an oddity in my gym - very few take advantage of our Hack machine! ??

Have a GREAT week - show those weights who's BOSS!

tlwatkins
02-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the name drop! You have the drive and the dedication so lets do this!!

Particle to a banging back! I love training back! You go girl!

PFEPerformance
02-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Particle to a banging back! I love training back! You go girl!

Thanks girl!! DITTO on training back - MY FAV !!!!

Sunnyday
02-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Hacks rock!! I think the reason many people don't do them is they actually have to work hard, LOL.

PFEPerformance
02-26-2013, 09:51 AM
HAPPY TUESDAY ALL!! CHEST AND DELTS ON THE "TO DO" ROSTER TONIGHT!

CONVO'S WITH AUSTIN LAST NIGHT - Gonna hit a little mini cut here and see where we land in a few weeks.... we MAY be gunnin for something....but, no STRESS, just gonna ride the wave and see where we are in a few!

I cannot BRAG, COMMEND, RECCOMEND Austin enough!!! He has helped me MORE and I have made more changes in just a few weeks vs several months prior!! My FRIEND, My Teammate, MY BOSS!! LOL HUGE HUG and PROPS Austin!! YOU ROCK!!

The Prodigy
02-27-2013, 07:59 AM
HAPPY TUESDAY ALL!! CHEST AND DELTS ON THE "TO DO" ROSTER TONIGHT!

CONVO'S WITH AUSTIN LAST NIGHT - Gonna hit a little mini cut here and see where we land in a few weeks.... we MAY be gunnin for something....but, no STRESS, just gonna ride the wave and see where we are in a few!

I cannot BRAG, COMMEND, RECCOMEND Austin enough!!! He has helped me MORE and I have made more changes in just a few weeks vs several months prior!! My FRIEND, My Teammate, MY BOSS!! LOL HUGE HUG and PROPS Austin!! YOU ROCK!!

Austin who? Let's do a diet guru interview on him for RX Girl so we can all get to know him better!

PFEPerformance
02-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Austin who? Let's do a diet guru interview on him for RX Girl so we can all get to know him better!

Data4 on here - I will hit him up and have him PM you - stand by.......

PFEPerformance
02-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Last night was a ROCKIN AWESOME workout - just one of those 1MILLION% in the zone nights!!

Chest & Delts ~

DB Chest Presses w/Twist (slight incline)
after a solid warmup -
4 X 8 with the last two sets hitting PB's !! Woot-Woot

Incline BB Presses - Pyramid warmup
4 X 6 with the last TWO hitting PB's !!!

DEEP Stretch P/U's - LOVE THESE after hitting chest!! - 2 sets

Reverse Pec with rear holds
3 X 10 AGAIN - last two hit new weight!!!

Side Laterals
4 X 20
First TWO were new heavier weight....then dropped final two sets to what "was" my norm....BURN..BURN...BURN ! LOL

Seated Presses - delts were on fire and mega pump going on....
3 X 10

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME WORKOUT! FEELING OOBER STRONG!!

WISHING EVERYONE A FANTASTIC WEDNESDAY!!

data4
02-27-2013, 09:39 AM

Just let me know what you need from me and I would love to do an interview!

Lorrie, keep killing it! Loving the PR's!

Sunnyday
02-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Way to rock training, Lorrie! Keep it going!

PFEPerformance
02-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Way to rock training, Lorrie! Keep it going!

Thanks Sunny - in the zone for sure!! Finally feeling LIKE THE OLE ME!! lol

curvygirl
02-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Last night was a ROCKIN AWESOME workout - just one of those 1MILLION% in the zone nights!!
Woo Hoo! I love that feeling! :D

It's funny! You would think being in the final leg of my prep that I would be losing strength & fighting to get through the workouts...BUT it's anything but that! I have been feeling like you did the other night. Even though I am not pushing to make gains I am still lifting solidly and I have not lost strength. AND I truly believe that during this time I can truly make the "mind muscle connection!" when I train. It feels great!

Gonna hit a little mini cut here and see where we land in a few weeks.... we MAY be gunnin for something....but, no STRESS, just gonna ride the wave and see where we are in a few!
This sounds great! And intriguing! :D Cannot wait to hear & see what develops!
((((BIG HUG))))
Keep in Killing It!!!

PFEPerformance
02-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Woo Hoo! I love that feeling! :D

It's funny! You would think being in the final leg of my prep that I would be losing strength & fighting to get through the workouts...BUT it's anything but that! I have been feeling like you did the other night. Even though I am not pushing to make gains I am still lifting solidly and I have not lost strength. AND I truly believe that during this time I can truly make the "mind muscle connection!" when I train. It feels great!

This sounds great! And intriguing! :D Cannot wait to hear & see what develops!
((((BIG HUG))))
Keep in Killing It!!!

SOOO excited for you!!!! STAY IN YOUR ZONE GIRL!! On the homestretch and STRONG is an incredible feeling!!!! YOU ARE GONNA ROCK THE STAGE!!!

Yep - stay tuned....things happening and little strategies going on "wink-wink"!! Having a great time, getting stronger, and leaner....what more can we ask for - right??!! LOL

HUGE PFE HUG COMING BACK AT YA!!

The Prodigy
02-28-2013, 10:54 PM
CONGRATS ON TRAINING JOURNAL OF THE MONTH!

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleade r::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Thank you for being such an integral part of RX Girl! Your journal is inspiring and motivating. Thank you for supporting us all in our journeys to the stage and toward reaching are goals.

Keep it up!!!!

Sunnyday
02-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Congrats on JOTM! :cheerleader:

PFEPerformance
03-01-2013, 09:25 AM
SAYWHAAAAT??? This is soooooooooooooo cool! THANK YOU!!

LOVE RX!!! HUGE HUG GAIL!!! YOU ROCK!

Thank you Sunny! On this journey together .... all the twists and turns, ups and downs....and Tooshie kickins along the way!!

Headin to the Arnold later tonight for a full day of fun tomorrow.....can't wait....will try to post up some good pics!! I'm one of the lucky ones who lives close and can catch it every year!!

Last nights training was a self ass kicking in full color! LOL Actually had one of my peeps ask me what was in my drink ?? LOL Just been in the mega ZONE these last few workouts and hitting PR's left and right and my mental intensity is way up which then of course pushes the training to a bigger/badder level!

My battle with SAD has seemed to let up significantly - I'm still not fully out of the throws of it, but definitely feeling and seeing some significant improvements. Sometimes that is a mental battle in itself because it can be such a freaking roller coaster ride at times and for me, asside from doing what I can to keep "life stress" under as much control as possible, I really have no forewarning/marker as to when I'm gonna get hit/if I'm gonna get hit with it/or when or how soon it will pass.......... But.... as with all of us - always seems to be "something" that becomes an obstacle that we have to not only DIG deep physically but mentally as well..... how's the saying go......... That which does not kill you can only make you stronger or something like that....??? Mental strength and learning self empowerment has to become partnered with the daily physical aspects of training!

HAVE AN AWESOME WEEKEND EVERYONE!!! IF ANYONE IS AT THE ARNOLD - KEEP AN EYE OUT AND SAY HI IF YOU SEE ME!!!!!!:byeb:

Mac
03-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Congrats Lorrie on the JoTM. Wish I was going to the Arnold so I could say HI!!!

curvygirl
03-01-2013, 02:03 PM
JOTM!!! Woo Hoo Lorrie! Bring it hard for the month of March!

p.s. If you can take pics of LADA at the Arnold! I am beyond tickled she made first call out & top 5~ Yaaaaay!

What a great Friday!
Love you girl! x0x0x0x

Sunnyday
03-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Lorrie please please pretty please try to take pics of Lada at finals and a vid of her routine. :byeb:

broadys
03-02-2013, 03:08 AM
Congrats on the monthly journal have fun at arnolds

PFEPerformance
03-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Good Morning All! Sorry ladies - I didn't make it to see Lada..... long story with an emergency situation that happened to a close friend ...but, we did finally make it to the Arnold on Saturday for the entire day. I will say, NOT sure I will go next year on Saturday and find myself sort of wishing they'd find a different location for the event all together. I think if they had a more OPEN Colliseum type environment and a better way to set up booths and attractions....it would be less of the cluster/traffic jam/hurding cattle feel! We litterally spent close to and hour and a half going down TWO isles! IF you wanted to stop at a booth and chat or look...."good luck"!!

I did get a few pics when I had the room to snap without getting hurded forward....LOL

145010 @ the Species Booth - LOVE YA TAMI!!!

PFEPerformance
03-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Sunday was spent nursing a sore lower back in the early AM - sure just from spending ALL day Saturday walking....well....more like slow motion movement ..... LOL..... but lower back was killing me when we finally sat down for the evening...so, no shock waking up Sunday with a locked up lower back!!! Spent some time rolling and stretching....then OFF to give my legs a WHAT'S UP NOTICE!!

Did several minutes more of stretching after a good warm up..... put the belt on EXTRA tight...and went to town....

Started out a little slow and seemed to be slightly weaker on Leg Curls.... got to the last two sets...and it was OFF to the races - the heat in the legs kicked in/the pump arrived and it was GOOO time!

Leg presses - PR three sets

Squats - PR last two sets

Was feeling extra frisky - so hit the hacks as well..... up on all four sets

Exten with -4-5 sec holds at top..... didn't go for new weight on these - just SOLID slow controlled form and FELT every set hardcore! wILL BUMP THESE NEXT SESSION.

Deads... didn't over push it here - kept same weight ...... WATCHED form very close and tight..... all clean/nice sets

MORE stretching and hit abs and a little upside down hanging to stretch out my back further....

FEELING STRONG AND GREAT!!!

Extreme One
03-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Wow! Journal of the month, an almost ten pound increase in lean mass, feeling better.....So happy for you my friend! Keep it up!

Sunnyday
03-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Leg training looked great, girl! Legs didn't know what hit 'em! Hope the low back is doing better by now. Thanks for sharing the Arnold pics! :)

The Prodigy
03-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Sorry I missed you at the Arnold! It was WAY to packed on Sat!!

PFEPerformance
03-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Wow! Journal of the month, an almost ten pound increase in lean mass, feeling better.....So happy for you my friend! Keep it up!

Your support and friendship are HUGE to me! Thanks Kev!!! You're the best!

PFEPerformance
03-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Leg training looked great, girl! Legs didn't know what hit 'em! Hope the low back is doing better by now. Thanks for sharing the Arnold pics! :)

Leg Day included some "grunting" LOL - wink...wink...OMG.... have you ever heard of such a thing??!! LOL Back was still pretty darn sore through Monday....yesterday and today MUCH better!!

Wish I would have gotten more pics, but the CROWD was just insane !

PFEPerformance
03-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Sorry I missed you at the Arnold! It was WAY to packed on Sat!!

WHAT??? I missed you at the ARNOLD???? THAT bums me out!! Where were you? I would have fought the dang crowd to come say HI !!!!

PFEPerformance
03-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Last night was yet another log book breaker on a few lifts! Chest and Delts got the PFE memo last night and I am definitely feeling it today! Love it when it's time to leave and put my jacket on and I can't hardly lift my arms! LOL JOB DONE!!

Slight Incline DB Presses with twist - New weight on all 4!!

BB Press - New weight on two - Actually pushed for a max out on a fifth set just to see what I could do.....and hit 3 solid...so, Hek yea!!

Stretch P/U's - LOVE-LOVE these after hitting chest hard.....!!!

Reverse Pec - New weight on final 2

Side Latterals - New weight on 2.5 sets...LOL...the third set I was determined to push the new weight as many as I possibly could and then dropped immediately and finished set with ltr weight and then completed fourth set with that weight

DB Presses - New weight on first set and then did two following drop sets....

AWESOME SESSION!

Sunnyday
03-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Dang, girl! Nice work! Wish we lived closer so we could do some of those log book breakers together. :flowers: PR junkies FTW!

curvygirl
03-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Lorrie!

Wooo Hooo! Arnold Expo pics! Maybe next year! A good friend of mine placed 11th in the Arnold Amateur Class B Bikini. She is already plotting to have me compete next year...we'll see ;) The Arnold is the big time in my book!

Wooo Hoooo! Lots o' PRS & consistently, solidly pushing some weight around!!! Show them who the (excuse my language) "B*tch of the Barbell" is!!!

I have heard my coach say this mantra...but I may have it ass backwards...First comes the weight, than comes the strength...Meaning your body will respond, eventually catch up if you keep on consistently pushing...and of course the best part are the beautiful "shapes" created by building the muscle. :D

Seriously though, I am living vicariously through you and Sunny because I am not pushing for any PRs right now...But don't get me wrong! I am not wishing away this prep because I finally feel like I have a solid grasp on it! Who does not love becoming "freaky" again!!! (And thank you for the pm ~ At some point I will write a lengthy scribe to pick your brain about supps & stuff before I start my next "grow" season.) But I am looking forward to eating a bit more and pushing some heavy a** weight around again. :D

Keep on Killing it Mama! You are amazing! I cannot wait to see how it will all come together for your next "turn on the dance floor!"

Much Love & Respect!
((((BIG HUG))))

PFEPerformance
03-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Lorrie!

Wooo Hooo! Arnold Expo pics! Maybe next year! A good friend of mine placed 11th in the Arnold Amateur Class B Bikini. She is already plotting to have me compete next year...we'll see ;) The Arnold is the big time in my book!

Wooo Hoooo! Lots o' PRS & consistently, solidly pushing some weight around!!! Show them who the (excuse my language) "B*tch of the Barbell" is!!!

I have heard my coach say this mantra...but I may have it ass backwards...First comes the weight, than comes the strength...Meaning your body will respond, eventually catch up if you keep on consistently pushing...and of course the best part are the beautiful "shapes" created by building the muscle. :D

Seriously though, I am living vicariously through you and Sunny because I am not pushing for any PRs right now...But don't get me wrong! I am not wishing away this prep because I finally feel like I have a solid grasp on it! Who does not love becoming "freaky" again!!! (And thank you for the pm ~ At some point I will write a lengthy scribe to pick your brain about supps & stuff before I start my next "grow" season.) But I am looking forward to eating a bit more and pushing some heavy a** weight around again. :D

Keep on Killing it Mama! You are amazing! I cannot wait to see how it will all come together for your next "turn on the dance floor!"

Much Love & Respect!
((((BIG HUG))))

In it together girl - and you KNOW it!! I did a LOT of soul searching and mental modifications after my fall shows and made up my mind that it was ten past time for some changes AND it was up to me to make them/implement them! SO glad I did and have!

Along with that has come some incredible new friends and connections that have been an amazing support system and finding that WE ALL HAVE SOME SORT OF BATTLE GOING ON!

As with any change ups.....add in some "life" obstacle endurance testing...LOL....it takes some patience and self adjusting to get in sync with something new.... ALL that being said - these last couple weeks it's like mentally/physically/and emotionally everything dropped into sync and it is GAME ON!

Love the feeling of STRENGTH and FOCUS ON EVERY level and taking full advantage of it in and out of the gym! I can honestly say - "I'm in the zone"! As we all know - this sport AND life comes with highs and lows and much in between - but, I am absolutely riding this high right now and gaining power and strength under the iron!! You read about mind/muscle connection.... getting your head in the game....etc..... I think those of us that have been at this for a "while"... REALLY get how critical the mental partners with the physical and what a difference it can make.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo CHEERING FOR YOU GIRL!! Can't wait to see your show pics and watch your celebration come together!!!:cheerleader:HUGE HUGS COMING BACK AT YA!!

PFEPerformance
03-08-2013, 09:53 AM
dang, girl! Nice work! Wish we lived closer so we could do some of those log book breakers together. :flowers: Pr junkies ftw!

OMG- I wish!! Pr junkies absolutely!!!! You rock!! :mosh:

PFEPerformance
03-08-2013, 10:03 AM
THURSDAY NIGHT ~ " A lil Welcome to the Jungle Music playing" LOL

Bi's and Leg 2 day

Still bumping up on weight on MOST lifts..... Had the pump of pumps going on after Bi's! Should have snapped a pic --- it was purty! LOL

Hit legs with a very controlled focussed intent and went up 4 reps and 10#'s on hacks!
Low back still "sensitive" which actually is kind of a good thing because it makes me extremely mindful of my form!

Had such a pump in my Quads after extensions that it was difficult to get a deep good stretch...LOL It finally came - just had to hold it much longer - NO COMPLAINTS!!

Wishing everyone a GREAT WEEKEND!!! SHOW THOSE WEIGHTS WHO'S BOSS!!!

Laurie Schnelle
03-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Love your attitude girl. keep crushin it

PFEPerformance
03-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Love your attitude girl. keep crushin it

Thanks girl ! Don't be a stranger!!

PFEPerformance
03-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Rainy Gloomy Ohio Monday here..... :waiting:PLEASE send me some SPRING weather!!! Lord I'm burnt out on WINTER and gloomy days!!

AWESOME training this weekend -

Saturday was BACK day (one of my favs) and spent a little bit of time playing around with some slight modifications in my form and movements, rep scheme, etc.... SLOWING things down....dropping the weight slightly and really holding the contractions...etc.... and just REALLY being in the zone of mind/muscle! FANTASTIC but draining workout.... so, job done! LOL

Sunday was WHEELS day! LOL - LEGS -

Leg Curls started things off with a nice warmup and controlled squeezes

Hit 400 X 8 X 3sets on the leg press that started the fire......

Off to Front Squats (was "slightly" off on these, low back is still just a smidge sensitive/irritated) so kept same weight, slow and controlled lifts, etc.....

Went to the Smith for back squats and some more damage. Hit some new weight ATG --- ALLLLLLL the way down, litterally tagging my arse off the back of my Achilles ..... doesn't take many of these to let you know you may need a wheelchair to leave....LOL :hypno:

Hobbled on in for some polishing with leg extensions (4sec holds at top)..... 3 X 12 TORCHED and up 10# on weight.

3 X 8 on Deads - same as front squats, just being extra careful with my low back and kept same weight on these...... and Battle of the wheels was complete! :diva:

Hit abs and did some upside down hanging for my back ............laid on floor and s t r e t c h e d!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

STILL HITTING SOME PR's and rocking the zone!! VERY Happy Camper!!

Extreme One
03-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Great job as always! Again, I love the fact that you are doing probably 50 or 60 percent less sets per workout. Have you felt a difference in your recovery? Do you find yourself able to push harder knowing that you do not have to "pace yourself" for 99 more sets, lol? How long are your workouts taking now compared to in the past? Keep it up buddy!

Laurie Schnelle
03-13-2013, 10:01 AM
nice work and great journal. keep it up

PFEPerformance
03-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Great job as always! Again, I love the fact that you are doing probably 50 or 60 percent less sets per workout. Have you felt a difference in your recovery? Do you find yourself able to push harder knowing that you do not have to "pace yourself" for 99 more sets, lol? How long are your workouts taking now compared to in the past? Keep it up buddy!

Thanks Kev! Yes, you helped stop my insanity! Recovery is MUCH better, the "burnt out" phases that were coming with the extreme volume are gone, the little to no size gains for most of 2012 are now shot in the ass with regular PR's hitting the books. I definitely had myself locked into "more is better" thinking and needed the ole kick in the pants to reboot my hard drive and grasp that I was absolutely my own worst enemy to gaining size......... my FOCUS is very-very centered now and yes - I feel like I can "go for it" when attempting heavier sets because THAT is where the drive needs to be and that will count....NOT an hour from then!

Prior way - it was nothing for me to be in the gym for 2.5hours..........NOW - I'm done in an hour...hour/fifteen'ish.... and FINALLY GROWING!!

HANG ON ~ we are on a new ride!! Your input, guidance, and friendship matter and have mattered tremendously!! :hugme:

PFEPerformance
03-13-2013, 10:07 AM
nice work and great journal. Keep it up

thank you laurie!!!

PFEPerformance
03-13-2013, 10:14 AM
TUESDAY NIGHT - CHEST AND DELTS

Incline press (slight elev) - DB's 4 X 8 - last two sets were 55# SOLID.... New PR and definitely can bump again next week!

Smith - Incline BB Press - 4 X 6.....last two sets were up 10# (struggled on the last...but PUSHED it and nailed it)

Dips 4 sets

Stretch p/u's - 2 sets

Rear Lat (reverse pec dec) - 2 sec holds.... up 10# 4 X 10

Side Latterals 4 X 20 - up 5# on the first two sets

Overhead press - not bumping so quickly on these - but SOLID and at that point of detls being fried....just looking for SOLID form and a really good burn out.... 3 X 10

Strength, Energy and Endurance are at a very SOLID high!!! (much attributed to discussion above on last years over training/over lifting)

Extreme One
03-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the kind words! :hugme: You are really on some kind of roll! Take advantage and keep pushing!

data4
03-14-2013, 04:23 PM
ABSOLUTELY killing it in here! Keep the pedal down. This is going to be your best offseason to date without a doubt!

PFEPerformance
03-18-2013, 01:08 PM
absolutely killing it in here! Keep the pedal down. This is going to be your best offseason to date without a doubt!

agreed a million percent!! We have found the right formula!!

PFEPerformance
03-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Weekend training consisted of Saturday Back day and Sunday battle with the wheels! LOL

Back day continues to be a log book breaker! Strength and focus are at an all time high and I'm having a blast picking up weights that at one time were too heavy to hit 1-2 reps and now those are my starting weight..... LOVIN IT!!

FEELING yesterday's battle with the wheels very much today! So - JOB DONE! Front Squats, Smith Squats, Curls, Presses, Extensions, all either up in weight or up in reps..... finished off with Deads followed by Abs and some stretching.

We Ran a lil "mini cut" for a couple weeks, Nothing major what so ever and now ramping back up in cals....Austin has made adjustments and we are continuing to take full advantage of the strength gains I am getting....and sure to continue getting with the new adjustments and how it will continue to support strength and energy!!

MY PRIMARY goal is to grow during this offseason, bring up lagging parts and be a force to be reckoned with come fall shows. Keeping BF% at a lower end/manageable number WHILE growing and putting on size is a balancing act, but I do NOT want unecessary fat % gains that hide all the hard work and progress. We seemed to have found the right ratio and it has been off to the races non stop for training!!! This is working fantastically and we continue to dial in/adjust as need be.

Saturday I will be in Cicinnati for a Team workout and get my BF & LMM checked again..... stay tuned!!!

PFEPerformance
03-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Tuesday night - Chest and Delts

Slight Incline DB Presses -
"Started" with my max last week and road it for the entire set of 4 X 8 ..... really focussed on the feeling, the stretch and the press. Making sure my form is SOLID, I'm focussed and feeling EVERY rep ..... I will bump poundage up again next week !!!

Smith Presses
Pyramid up to max out at 6 - got 6 sets in - last two were NEW WEIGHT

Dips - up in reps

Stretch P/U's----AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! LOL

Reverse Pec Dec/Real delts with rear hold - Weight UP 10# on 3 of the 4 sets....form begin to suffer on the last couple reps in set 3, bumped weight down so my final set would be perfect form and focus

Laterals - first 3 sets - Solid 3 X 20 5# heavier. Did final set as a drop set, dropped down 5# and S L O W and very controlled.

Presses - up 5# - "tried" to keep them controlled with wobbly delts...LOL....JOB DONE!

Hit Abs - lil stretching and posing practice.

Sunnyday
03-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Well done on the training, girl! Keep it going! Looking forward to finding out your stats because as hard as you're working I know it will be great news. Fingers crossed for you. Cyber hugs! :flowers:

Mac
03-20-2013, 03:24 PM
I get amped up reading your journal. Great stuff.

IslandGirl
03-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Lorrie! Omg! It's been so long since I posted. I've been so crazy busy.

Congrats on making JOTM! WTG girl.

Sounds like you killing it in here!

PFEPerformance
03-21-2013, 01:11 PM
I get amped up reading your journal. Great stuff.

Thanks sweetie!! I gotta look good for OUR VACATION so Busting Ass is the only option!!! lol Just teasing! Hope you have a WONDERFUL time and get plenty R & R!!

:hugme:

PFEPerformance
03-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Lorrie! Omg! It's been so long since I posted. I've been so crazy busy.

Congrats on making JOTM! WTG girl.

Sounds like you killing it in here!

Thanks girl! Missing ya but SOOOOOOOOO understand "Busy"!!

Yep - the tides have shifted and I am in the ZONE !!!

HUGS!!!

Extreme One
03-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Keep up the good work my friend! Spring is coming! :cool:

Laurie Schnelle
03-22-2013, 10:27 AM
great workout.. Keep it up. following your journey

Bronwyn
03-26-2013, 11:54 PM
Cool log Lorrie! Seems like someone trains really seriously :) ;) keep it up

PFEPerformance
03-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the support guys!!! HUGELY appreciated!!!!

Been slightly MIA due to L O N G 12 hour work days and basically - Work, Train, Eat, Sleep - rinse and repeat.... LOL

But - that being said - STILL hitting some Log Book breakers and feeling extremely STRONG! Which I thought, "might" suffer slightly with the longer work days and getting a little more mentally tired....... NOPE - we are STILL HITTING IT HARDCORE!!

Last night was chest and delts - Hit an ALL TIME high on my DB Bench Presses (slight incline) - 60#'s for 8 SOLID!!! Woot - WOOT!!!!! Mental and physical barriers are getting crushed and I am on a MISSION!!! :)

I continue to climb in reps and weight....doing ZERO cardio right now..... and eating more than I ever have ( throwing some love Austin's way!!) ........... New plan, New way, New thinking, and a NEW ME when comps roll around this year!!! Making more progress in 3 months time than I did all of last year...... Amazing how what seems like minor tweaks or changes (although - some have been major)....it completely re-vamps your mission, brushes off the dust, and totally breaks down the walls that you "thought" may never get knocked down - hell they are being BULLDOZED down!!

Never underestimate how becoming stagnant in your thinking, training, or eating can adversely effect and severely impede your whole goal!

On a final note - had Team Training on Saturday - and...."drumb roll"..... BF check in -

I am STILL sitting on 12% BF and have gained 2 more pounds in LMM since last check in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YEA!! Prior years, it was nothing for me to float up quite a bit higher in BF (while doing some cardio mind you)....and I'm hitting NEW numbers all together in LMM.......

If anyone is looking for a diet or training re-vamp (Hell for me it was a complete and total overhaul) - I HIGHLY and LOUDLY give a shout out to Austin - he can change your game guys!! He will not blow smoke up your toosh, he WILL keep you straight in your thinking and goals if you slide or get confused, and he will NOT let you make a BAD decision if he knows about it!!
ROCKING ALONG and a VERY HAPPY CAMPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mosh:

HAVE A GREAT REST OF WEEK GUYS!!!

Laurie Schnelle
03-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Congrats on your P.R. and your progress!! Keep it up

data4
03-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the support guys!!! HUGELY appreciated!!!!

Been slightly MIA due to L O N G 12 hour work days and basically - Work, Train, Eat, Sleep - rinse and repeat.... LOL

But - that being said - STILL hitting some Log Book breakers and feeling extremely STRONG! Which I thought, "might" suffer slightly with the longer work days and getting a little more mentally tired....... NOPE - we are STILL HITTING IT HARDCORE!!

Last night was chest and delts - Hit an ALL TIME high on my DB Bench Presses (slight incline) - 60#'s for 8 SOLID!!! Woot - WOOT!!!!! Mental and physical barriers are getting crushed and I am on a MISSION!!! :)

I continue to climb in reps and weight....doing ZERO cardio right now..... and eating more than I ever have ( throwing some love Austin's way!!) ........... New plan, New way, New thinking, and a NEW ME when comps roll around this year!!! Making more progress in 3 months time than I did all of last year...... Amazing how what seems like minor tweaks or changes (although - some have been major)....it completely re-vamps your mission, brushes off the dust, and totally breaks down the walls that you "thought" may never get knocked down - hell they are being BULLDOZED down!!

Never underestimate how becoming stagnant in your thinking, training, or eating can adversely effect and severely impede your whole goal!

On a final note - had Team Training on Saturday - and...."drumb roll"..... BF check in -

I am STILL sitting on 12% BF and have gained 2 more pounds in LMM since last check in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YEA!! Prior years, it was nothing for me to float up quite a bit higher in BF (while doing some cardio mind you)....and I'm hitting NEW numbers all together in LMM.......

If anyone is looking for a diet or training re-vamp (Hell for me it was a complete and total overhaul) - I HIGHLY and LOUDLY give a shout out to Austin - he can change your game guys!! He will not blow smoke up your toosh, he WILL keep you straight in your thinking and goals if you slide or get confused, and he will NOT let you make a BAD decision if he knows about it!!
ROCKING ALONG and a VERY HAPPY CAMPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mosh:

HAVE A GREAT REST OF WEEK GUYS!!!

You are a monster! Stronger and bigger is the goal and that's exactly what we are doing. Keeping BF levels the same is an added bonus! We really have you dialed!

curvygirl
03-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Cool log Lorrie! Seems like someone trains really seriously :) ;) keep it up
^^^^ This in Spades Lorrie!!! :D

New plan, New way, New thinking, and a NEW ME when comps roll around this year!!! Making more progress in 3 months time than I did all of last year......

You are a monster! Stronger and bigger is the goal and that's exactly what we are doing.

Awesome Awesome Awesome Lorrie!

I am so very pleased & excited for you! Way to go on the new DB Press PR! That is, hands down to me the scariest and most challenging of the free weight exercises I do! Looking forward to when there is more food in me to push it hard once again! Again you are AWESOME!!!

Here is to being a Super Buff Babe on your vacation! Where are ya going? :)

Keep on Killing It Mama! You continue to inspire me!
x0x0x0x

nic902
03-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Hey lady! Just getting caught up on your journal and I am LOVING your energy! And congrats on breaking your log books...Those presses are no joke! Keep doing your thing mama!

PFEPerformance
04-01-2013, 09:30 AM
^^^^ This in Spades Lorrie!!! :D

Awesome Awesome Awesome Lorrie!

I am so very pleased & excited for you! Way to go on the new DB Press PR! That is, hands down to me the scariest and most challenging of the free weight exercises I do! Looking forward to when there is more food in me to push it hard once again! Again you are AWESOME!!!

Here is to being a Super Buff Babe on your vacation! Where are ya going? :)

Keep on Killing It Mama! You continue to inspire me!
x0x0x0x

Thank you Girl!!! Game face on and in the ZONE!! XOXOX back at ya!!!

Hey lady! Just getting caught up on your journal and I am LOVING your energy! And congrats on breaking your log books...Those presses are no joke! Keep doing your thing mama!

Hey there!! Thanks for stopping by! Don't be a stranger! The "presses" stoked me majorly - has just been one of "those" lifts that I had hit a bit of a wall on...... busting through it and standing on top of the broken bricks has completely set fire to the barriers that were once there!

PFEPerformance
04-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!!

We had a wonderful relaxing day....although a bit "annoying" at times..... Funny how family members always have something to say to me about what I put on my plate (or don't put on my plate)....then will continue to comment amongst themselves about what I do or don't eat........."sigh".......... Wonder how it would go over if I commented on their 3-4-5th trip to the desert table ??????????? :dunno: Oh well....idc.... they have to live with their choices as do I.... nuff said.....

Had an AWESOME back day on Saturday and upped ALL lifts in wt and SLOWED all my reps down at the same time...... started out just playing around a bit with speed and reps...but ended up implementing throughout my whole session..... WOWEE this will MAKE you focus!!! LOL My lats are SORE still today.......

I was one of the gals chosen to do a test run on ATP Extreme for a week..... GOOD STUFF! Stim free so no worries in late day training and getting to sleep..... I found it really helped during the week after a LONG day and mentally feeling spent.... within a few minutes of kicking off my training.... the energy comes up and it is "game on"! LOL Noticed great pumps, vascularity, and really solid focus on draining work days..... GOOD STUFF!

Still have another 12hour day work week ahead...so, a lil hit and miss on logging my sessions....but, I am going HARDCORE and holding my STEALTH BOMBER focus!!

Have a GREAT week all - show those weights WHO'S BOSS!!!

PFEPerformance
04-01-2013, 10:09 AM

nic902
04-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Oh the holidays with family..FUN! I will NEVER understand why people care one way or the other what we do or don't eat??! Why does it even matter?!?!

I admire how you seem to get it all done! Working 12hr days and get all your training in..My hero!

PFEPerformance
04-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Happy Wednesday all!

Quick update mid LONG week - at least I'm halfway there...right??!! LOL These 12 hour work days are a bit of a grind...but, all GREAT!

Last night was CHEST and DELTS -

NEW PR on the DB PRESSES - SIXTY FIVE's BABY!! :mosh:Only hit 5 reps.....but HUGE PR for me!!! Form was solid, had a slight assist on the final rep at the top.....but.... spiked the ball! LOL Feeling the results in some mega tenderness today!! ZERO complaints!!

The above sort of set the momentum for the rest of my training - was in the zone and just mega pumped.... up in reps and weight on my Side Laterals ..... was having to drop set .....now hit 20# for 20 X 4

Barriers are still getting broke down and riding the wave and enjoying every second!

Feeling GREAT even with the longer work days and mental tiredness..... the gym is my "therapy" at the end of the day and a way to actually mentally wind it down and let go of any stress!!!

PFEPerformance
04-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Oh the holidays with family..FUN! I will NEVER understand why people care one way or the other what we do or don't eat??! Why does it even matter?!?!

I admire how you seem to get it all done! Working 12hr days and get all your training in..My hero!

Thanks girl!! It IS my therapy! Crank up the music and go to town!

Yea - I know..... I get it at work too with the food Q & A and/or "comments" (rolling my eyes)...... pretty immune to it anymore - but, at times it's just freaking annoying as hell and makes you want to say WHAT YOU REALLY THINK! LOL

PFEPerformance
04-03-2013, 10:04 AM

nic902
04-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Love this!

nic902
04-03-2013, 10:06 PM
The 65's are a crazy impressive number! Your pecs must be bangin girl! :mosh:

PFEPerformance
04-05-2013, 12:30 PM
The 65's are a crazy impressive number! Your pecs must be bangin girl! :mosh:

For a gal with NO boobs - I got boobs!!! LMAO!!!

PFEPerformance
04-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Thursday Night training - Bi's/Tri's and Leg Day 2

Switched up my standing curls to the Pulley Station - WOW - NICE change and really-really found myself with better control and stopped that tendency to "swing" a bit for momentum when getting tired on last few reps!!! Good stuff - keeping that in there!

Had an ANWESOME pump heading into the leg room - very vascular - makes you look like a lil bad ass...LOL

Did mega battle with Hacks!!!! Weight and Reps are UP - did six total sets and a final burnout @ 140#'s X 15 mega felt this last burn in the Quads! I like varrying my stance throughout - but really seem to feel the Quad burn right at about shoulder width, toes slightly pointed out and about an inch or so off the end of the plate.

Hit Curls and Extensions with a fierce focus.... I REFUSED to drop weight on my last sets.... I am UP on Extensions - which is yet another improvement! Was at a stand still a few weeks back.... one more wall broke down!!

Limped back into main area and did some S T R E T C H I N G while my wheels quit screaming at me.

FANTASTIC session ! Lookout bod - I am at WAR with old numbers!!! :diva:

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND !!! I "THINK" OHIO IS FINALLY GOING TO SEE A LITTLE SPRING LIKE WEATHER!!!!!! SOOOOOOO READY FOR SOME SUNSHINE AND WARM DAYS!!!

PFEPerformance
04-05-2013, 12:44 PM

Extreme One
04-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Hey buddy! Glad to see all is well and you are still kicking ass!

broadys
04-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Your journal is so energetic, what would you say has been the key to successfully getting into the "zone" for you

Mac
04-08-2013, 12:24 PM

This describes you well! :D

PFEPerformance
04-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Hey buddy! Glad to see all is well and you are still kicking ass!

Hey Kev!!! YOU BET!! FULL STEAM AHEAD WITH THIS STEAM ROLLER!!!
HUGE HUG!!! :byeb:

PFEPerformance
04-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Your journal is so energetic, what would you say has been the key to successfully getting into the "zone" for you

THANK YOU! Tough question - because it's more like numerous keys on the key ring getting aligned and adjusted to drop everything in ~ that being said - HUGE components have been:

1. Stepping back and accepting/realizing what I "was" doing as far as training and nutrition, though working - it was NOT getting results.... I had hit a state of stagnent, at times overtraining, and not really improving but moreso staying the same - I AM NOT CONTENT WITH THAT.... so - step one was a complete revamp to all training and nutrition

2. Suffering from bouts of depression is an ongoing battle, but turning that battle into a goal of figuring out what components help me feel better and help me re-set my thinking has helped. MAKING myself get my thoughts and energy right EVERY morning seemed to help me hit the control-alt-delete button and start the process of coming up out of the most recent bout I was in - also - per #1 - correcting my nutrition and training assisted #2

3. #1 - #2 accompanied by aligning the RIGHT people to help (which came with admitting I needed help..."sigh" not easy for a little bit of a control freak)....LOL.... Hek - this probably should be #1A now that I look at it!! It's HUGE to have the RIGHT people around you and helping you - positive generate positive - negative generates negative..... etc...

4. As I began to feel better mentally AND physically the rest has just fallen in place - all above attributes to a higher level of mental and physical energy, strength, endurance, and capacity.... in turn - IN THE ZONE!!!!!

THANK FOR STOPPING IN - hope that answered your question!

PFEPerformance
04-08-2013, 01:23 PM
This describes you well! :D

You KNOW it ~ that's why we get along so well...LOL!!! Love ya Mac! You ROCK!!

PFEPerformance
04-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Weekend training consisted of Saturday BACK day - and Sunday hit the wheels hardcore!

BOTH are feeling the love today - so, JOB DONE!!!

EVERYTHING continues to be up in either weight or reps!

Highlights -
Pullups - up 4 reps -
Set 1 X 10 SOLID
Set 2 X 8
Set 3 X 7
Set 4 X 9 (dunno what got into me here...but I'll take it!!) LOL

DB Rows -
55# X 10 X 2
60# X 10 X 1
60# X 8 X 1

Single Leg Ext's - w/4sec hold at top
3 X 100!!!!!!!!!! UP 10#

Front Squats were up 10# and positive I will be bumping next week again.... they weren't easy, but, didn't kill me either.... Not that I'm looking for death - but you know when you still had some left to give! LOL

PFEPerformance
04-08-2013, 01:32 PM

nic902
04-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this! We've all had our own battles that make us who we are and it's very inspiring to see how you've combated them and came out on top!

THANK YOU! Tough question - because it's more like numerous keys on the key ring getting aligned and adjusted to drop everything in ~ that being said - HUGE components have been:

1. Stepping back and accepting/realizing what I "was" doing as far as training and nutrition, though working - it was NOT getting results.... I had hit a state of stagnent, at times overtraining, and not really improving but moreso staying the same - I AM NOT CONTENT WITH THAT.... so - step one was a complete revamp to all training and nutrition

2. Suffering from bouts of depression is an ongoing battle, but turning that battle into a goal of figuring out what components help me feel better and help me re-set my thinking has helped. MAKING myself get my thoughts and energy right EVERY morning seemed to help me hit the control-alt-delete button and start the process of coming up out of the most recent bout I was in - also - per #1 - correcting my nutrition and training assisted #2

3. #1 - #2 accompanied by aligning the RIGHT people to help (which came with admitting I needed help..."sigh" not easy for a little bit of a control freak)....LOL.... Hek - this probably should be #1A now that I look at it!! It's HUGE to have the RIGHT people around you and helping you - positive generate positive - negative generates negative..... etc...

4. As I began to feel better mentally AND physically the rest has just fallen in place - all above attributes to a higher level of mental and physical energy, strength, endurance, and capacity.... in turn - IN THE ZONE!!!!!

broadys
04-09-2013, 09:29 PM

thankyou for such an honest and open response
you show great inner strength

PFEPerformance
04-12-2013, 09:47 AM
FRIDAY UPDATES -

Training GREAT this week..... chest presses on Tuesday went up another two reps with my PR 65# DB's! BOOOYA!!!!!

Smith Presses are UP by "accident"....LOL..... had someone try to chatty chat while I was loading plates..... was a smidge discouraged why I wasn't hitting my rep numbers and really struggling..... stepped back after set two thinking WTF....and noticed I had TWO EXTRA 10's on !!!!!!!!!!!!! Saaaywhaat? LMAO!! So.... though reps weren't Up the poundage sure as hell was!!! :hypno:

Last night hit Bi's/Tri's and Leg Day 2.....

I have found my FAV doing EZ Bar Curls on the Pulley station! Up 10# from last week and just seem to REALLY-REALLY feel these and can eliminate any swing or "cheating" when those last sets get heavy - nothin but FOCUS and DRIVE!! LOVE EM!

For some reason about 3/4's through training a mega headache set in with a slight nausia?? But, had about 20min to go....so finished up Hacks that didn't have quite the OOMPH they normally do but got them in. Polished off with 3 X 12 Leg Curls and 3 X 15 Leg Ext (slow and controlled...slight hold at top).... did a little stretching and deep breathing..... felt FUNKY and sorta thought might be coming down with flu on the way home....have had some folks sick at work???

Only got part of my last meal in and went to bed. Felt OFF through the night but once up and going today - it seems to have all passed....so??? :dunno:Hoping that was the end of that! LOL

Tomorrow is BACK and Sunday is Leg Day 1!!! In the ZONE and Rockin the Momentum!!!

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PFE IS:

Mac
04-12-2013, 10:03 AM
FRIDAY UPDATES -

Smith Presses are UP by "accident"....LOL..... had someone try to chatty chat while I was loading plates..... was a smidge discouraged why I wasn't hitting my rep numbers and really struggling..... stepped back after set two thinking WTF....and noticed I had TWO EXTRA 10's on !!!!!!!!!!!!! Saaaywhaat? LMAO!! So.... though reps weren't Up the poundage sure as hell was!!! :hypno:

I had just the opposite happen. Did my set and 5 extra reps and thought to myself, you're the man. Ha, I forgot to put the 10s on each side after the last set.

This was a result of my old age, yours was by distraction.

PFEPerformance
04-12-2013, 01:39 PM
I had just the opposite happen. Did my set and 5 extra reps and thought to myself, you're the man. Ha, I forgot to put the 10s on each side after the last set.

This was a result of my old age, yours was by distraction.

You're not "old" - you're like a fine wine - GETTING BETTER WITH AGE!!! :yep:

curvygirl
04-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Lorrie!!!

You freak phenom!!! 65# DB! I is a scared of you muscle woman! :D

Oh oh, before I forget again. Did you get my PM about supps? At 2 weeks out from showtime I am already concerned with starting my 8 week (mini) bulk coming mid-May. Bossman is planning to compete at IFBB NA at the end of August so I will "prep" with him in support & jump into a show around the same time. On the dl...I am considering doing the NA with him...but that is putting the cart before the horse :D

Keep on Raising the Bar! You are putting up awesome numbers & awesome workouts!
Love ya mama!
x0x0x

PFEPerformance
04-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Lorrie!!!

You freak phenom!!! 65# DB! I is a scared of you muscle woman! :D

Oh oh, before I forget again. Did you get my PM about supps? At 2 weeks out from showtime I am already concerned with starting my 8 week (mini) bulk coming mid-May. Bossman is planning to compete at IFBB NA at the end of August so I will "prep" with him in support & jump into a show around the same time. On the dl...I am considering doing the NA with him...but that is putting the cart before the horse :D

Keep on Raising the Bar! You are putting up awesome numbers & awesome workouts!
Love ya mama!
x0x0x

Hey there girlie!! TY -LOL.... I will be a NEW VERSION of me come show time!!! Just PM'd you - I am soooooo sorry - yes, I got your message a while back, intended to answer then forgot..... I will reply soon - promise! You are like me - before show day hits - I'm already in "planning mode" for what comes after!

GO GET EM GIRL!!! SOOOO PROUD OF YOUR PROGRESS AND GREATFUL FOR OUR "SISTERHOOD" HERE!! XOXO!

PFEPerformance
04-15-2013, 01:59 PM
HAPPY MONDAY PEEPS!

Weekend training highlights -

Saturday was BACK! LOVE Back day !!! One of my fav parts to train!

Pullups are up in reps!!! Also spent a moment after each set just hanging and stretching/feeling the lats..... moved on to DB Rows up by 5#, seated narrow rows up in reps, T-Bar Floor pulls - up by 10#, and rack pulls as a polisher - SLOW and VERY controlled.... up in weaght and reps.

Sunday - gave the legs a wassup notice!!!
Leg Curls, Presses, Frong Squats, Smith Squats, Leg Ext., and Deads
ALL lifts are up in reps & or weight!!!!!!!!!!! My front Squats were my mega highlight - jumped up 20# and hit 10 reps with some gas left....so, those will be climbing upwards again next week! I "think" some of this was a MENTAL barrier (Squats seem to be one of the most mental things I do from a training standpoint).....made up my mind before I even hit the gym door THIS was a goal for the day......had my mind in it, put on my big girl belt, grabbed a spotter, and was DETERMINED to NOT step away until I showed some REAL improvement.....it was game on and blasted through old poundage and proved to myself stagnation is NOT an option!!!

Back and Quads have some nice tenderness today to let me know they heard me! LOL

Saturday I will be going for Team Training and BF check in! My weight has went up another 2# this last week..... but, with all the reps and poundage going up - I'm hoping this is MUSCLE weight! Keeping the "scale" in perspective is a mental balancing act at times....LOL Helps to go for regular BF progress checks to just get a confirmation things are rocking according to plan!

Austin is keeping me where I am in cals/intake...etc.... until we see the new numbers and then will discuss and/or tweak from there. NO worries - strength is through the roof and we are on a MISSION !!!

Hard to believe I'm "thinking" on prep dates already...etc.... got time...but, need to start considering when we begin to lock things down and gear towards full on prep for upcoming shows.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK ALL!!! FIND YOUR ZONE AND MOVE THAT IRON!

PFEPerformance
04-15-2013, 02:02 PM

Extreme One
04-15-2013, 03:48 PM
You have the best journal buddy! I love all the details, your thought process, and positive words. Keep up the good work! Big hugs!

nic902
04-15-2013, 10:21 PM
WOW! You are doing awesome lady :cheerleader:
I can feel the energy leaping off my screen..Thanks for the boost!

PFEPerformance
04-18-2013, 01:04 PM
You have the best journal buddy! I love all the details, your thought process, and positive words. Keep up the good work! Big hugs!

Ditto and Back at ya!!! :hugme:

PFEPerformance
04-18-2013, 01:05 PM
WOW! You are doing awesome lady :cheerleader:
I can feel the energy leaping off my screen..Thanks for the boost!

Welcome! BiggerBadderBetter is the name of the game and I'm in it HARDCORE!!

PFEPerformance
04-18-2013, 01:17 PM
FINALLY - through Tax Season pretty much at work and my workload should be scaling back down to a more normal level after clean up...LOL

Tuesday night was CHEST and DELTS -

If you've been following along - I've been doing battle with 65# DB presses - NOW hitting a full eight SOLID reps!! Just as a referance point - my PR last year stalled at 45# for 8 and 50# for 5...... HUGE IMPROVEMENTS TAKING PLACE!!

Rear Delts (pec dec) are up 10# for all sets now....was having to do drop set on the last set....NO MORE!!

Raises same as above - not doing any drop sets now - FULL four full sets at 20# X 20... May attempt some 25's next week.... don't mean that to sound like I'm holding back because nothing could be FURTHER from the truth - I'm just VERY cautious when it comes to my delts and making sure my form is solid and ON to avoid tweaking or any injuries at this stage of the game .... Delts are just one of those groups(not that you want to injure anything) you DO NOT want to "F" up and have a downward effect on all other upper training if you tweak something....

Presses are up 5# and absolutely a big bad burnout set when I reach them!! LOL

Tonight is Bi/Tri and Leg Day 2. The Hack station and I have a date and I have the whip!! :diva:LOL

broadys
04-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Tonight is Bi/Tri and Leg Day 2. The Hack station and I have a date and I have the whip!! :diva:LOL

You naughty vixen you, whip it, whip it real good.

nic902
04-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Welcome! BiggerBadderBetter is the name of the game and I'm in it HARDCORE!!

BOOM! Get it done, girl!

data4
04-22-2013, 06:27 AM
Great work as always Lorrie! It'll be fun to see what you look like stage ready. You'll be a whole new competitor!

Strengthrehab
04-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Fine work.

PFEPerformance
04-23-2013, 12:24 PM
great work as always lorrie! It'll be fun to see what you look like stage ready. You'll be a whole new competitor!

thank you! I'm very excited - new me for sure!!

PFEPerformance
04-23-2013, 12:25 PM
fine work.

thank you! Team data!! Don't be a stranger!

curvygirl
04-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Woot Woot for an all New PFE! :D

PFEPerformance
04-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Some highlights and updates to kick this Monday off.......

Saturday was Team Training, a little bit of posing, and Body Comp check in....
Still ramping up the numbers (trained back)....alll sets up in reps and/or weight!!

BF jumped a smidge - but.... not positive on the accuracy as I was feeling like a lil blow fish on Saturday and holding some water.... regardless, was a great check in and not concerned either way! LMM is sitting @ 122.3 - point of referance - Dec 8, 2012 I was 112.6.

Sunday - hit the wheels hardcore - jumped again on my front Squats and hit 145# X 9 (last week top was at 135#). I "may" have got that tenth rep off but I stalled at the bottom and lost my form so just dumped it in fear of hurting myself coming up already toasted WITH bad form. Rested for 1 min and did 11 reps at 135 as a burnout/finisher for my fourth set.

Austin took a look at things from the weekend and we are going to do a minor dip here to bring BF down a smidge then ride it until cut time for Fall shows. I REALLY like this idea and how it will set me up for hopefully a really great cut on into showtime. I have been doing ZERO Cardio - only adding in a minor one day and the rest is tweaked through diet.

EVERYTHING IS ROCKIN RIGHT ALONG AND FEELING FANTASTIC !!!!

Wishing everyone a GREAT week!!! GET IN THE ZONE AND MOVE THAT IRON!

PFEPerformance
04-23-2013, 12:41 PM

Strengthrehab
04-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Always an inspiration

nic902
04-23-2013, 10:28 PM
I am loving your approach to the off season, no doubt it will make your next prep that much better. Keep doing your thing girl, you are rockin it :mosh:

data4
04-26-2013, 08:31 AM

Speaking the truth. You are certainly the latter.

Extreme One
04-26-2013, 03:23 PM

MJ is the best! Love this! Those front squats were AWESOME! Good gawd woman! LOL. Glad to see everything is going well! Spring is here my friend! :-)

PFEPerformance
04-29-2013, 10:07 AM
THANKS GUYS! SOOOOO ENJOYING THIS OFFSEASON AND HOW I FEEL AND THE DIRECTION THINGS ARE GOING!

The momentum is not stopping - mentally or physically - and I'm riding it for all its worth! LOL

Saturday hit back - my goal wasn't to push for more weight just yet...have been topping out on numbers left and right ....so, my goal for the day was to go up in reps with SOLID CONTROLLED FORM.... not that this isn't always the goal....but, there is something to be said for taking a day and just "slowing it down" a smidge and really focussing on slow and controlled movement, feeling it, and getting SOLID reps out! This made for an AWESOME workout and a "dead back" when done! LOL REPS were up and the slow controlled form realy was felt deep in.

Hit my first HIIT session after the above - I love HIIT - but, being the first one I've done in MONTHS ----- I think I was feeling last weeks breakfast :hypno: LOL...... ALL GOOD and loving even the grueling moments!

Sunday - :mosh::mosh:

Big Bad Leg Day - Front Squats: After a good warmup, started out at 135 - hit 13
145 hit 10 X 2 sets with little struggle on the last set - so, decided to GO FOR IT:

HIT 150 X 10 SOLID - SOLID - SOLID!!! The last 2 reps were a mental FIGHT - but kept my form locked in and nailed em!!!! THIS IS AN ALL TIME PR FOR ME!!

Moved on to Back Squats and was in the zone and went up 10# on all for these as well!

Single Leg Exts - highlight was 120# X 8 - BURN-BURN - BURN! This is also a New PR for me!

Torched some new ab moves after all that ...... then proceeded to lay on floor and do some deep stretching which sorta turned into laying on floor and trying to figure out how I was going to get back up and "walk"...... LOL HOLY COW!

Thank God my work has a handicap stall with grip bars!! Hee...hee... much needed today!

Wishing everyone an AWESOME week - get your head in the game and DON'T LET ANYTHING BLUR YOUR VISION!!!

Strengthrehab
04-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Your log is awesome.

Mac
04-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Great job on the front squats. You're pounding more weight than a lot of the keyboard warriors on this site do.

Extreme One
04-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Wow. Impressive my friend! Coming in here always puts a smile on my face :-)

nic902
04-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Hell yeah, lady! Those are some killer impressive front squats :mosh: Can't wait to see what kinda quad sweep you're bringing this season! BOOM!!!!

PFEPerformance
05-01-2013, 10:16 AM
your log is awesome.

thank you!

PFEPerformance
05-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Great job on the front squats. You're pounding more weight than a lot of the keyboard warriors on this site do.

Thanks Mac! Big ole wall broke down with those!

PFEPerformance
05-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Wow. Impressive my friend! Coming in here always puts a smile on my face :-)

Thanks Kev! "Prep buddies" once again real soon! LOL Time flies when you're having fun!!

PFEPerformance
05-01-2013, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE=nic902;1892390]Hell yeah, lady! Those are some killer impressive front squats :mosh: Can't wait to see what kinda quad sweep you're bringing this season! BOOM!!!![/QUOTE

Thanks girl!! ALWAYS been a battle for me - I've got long legs and the ole "Quad Sweep" is a battle I intend to win! LOL

PFEPerformance
05-01-2013, 10:37 AM
TUESDAY NIGHT - Chest and Delt battle!

Some highlights -

Sitting on 65# DB presses - feeling VERY strong - but last night was feeling some wrist ..... ummm...."irritation"? Can't call it pain - wrists just felt slightly weak and a little achey?? Not sure what's up with that and NO issues with the lifting strength or my power - just FELT it more than usual in my wrists last night - I use wrist wraps? So, not real sure if it's just the higher weight and I need to give time to adjust or just irritated for one reason or another....a little achey today. I have small wrists and joints? So??

Also did some heavy push mowing Sunday afternoon and don't know if wrists a little tender from that???

Did Incline BB presses in the Smith Rack - Set 1 & 2 were 70# and feeling very strong and pretty easy.....so, loaded 45's on each side and hit my last two sets solid @ this!!!

Hammerd out some Dips - #'s are up. Did 2 sets of deep stretching pushups....AHHHHHH !! LOL

Rear Delts on Pec Dec (again...wrists feeling a bit tender and ended up backing my last set down a smidge just to keep my form solid and not irritate anything worse.)

Side Laterals - 20 X 20 X 3 sets....then dropped to 15# (again, just to accomodate wrists)

Presses 3 X 10 did drop sets starting at 35, 30, 30 DONE! LOL

FEELING FANTASTIC AND READY TO DO BATTLE 2 WITH LEGS TOMORROW NIGHT ALONG WITH BI/TRI'S!!

SPRING WEATHER "FINALLY" SETTLING IN TO OHIO AND SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ENJOYING IT!!

HAVE A GREAT HUMP DAY ALL!!

nic902
05-01-2013, 01:49 PM
UGH! Sorry to hear about the cranky wrist, hopefully it's just getting accustomed to the increase in weights. Are you using anything for joint supplementation? I know if I don't keep up with my water intake as well as my sups, little nagging things start poppin up.

Extreme One
05-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Batlling some wrist issues myself. Try digging your thumb into your forearm and massage down toward your wrist while slowly curling your hand up.

Have a contest(s) picked out yet? I don't know about you but I am ready to go.

Have a great weekend! You deserve it.

PFEPerformance
05-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Batlling some wrist issues myself. Try digging your thumb into your forearm and massage down toward your wrist while slowly curling your hand up.

Have a contest(s) picked out yet? I don't know about you but I am ready to go.

Have a great weekend! You deserve it.

Have gotten two deep tissue massages and another scheduled for tom....both late last week she spent some time doing EXACTLY what you describe....)#@*$)#@$*)#@$*!!!! Wowee.... LOL Found some hot spots for sure....but, seems to be improving. She also showed me some wrist stretches and warming up I should be doing, so, incorporating that as well.

Fall shows..... DEFINITELY October again and most likely gonna hit WV again - sorta have something to prove on a couple levels!!

PFEPerformance
05-07-2013, 10:01 AM
UGH! Sorry to hear about the cranky wrist, hopefully it's just getting accustomed to the increase in weights. Are you using anything for joint supplementation? I know if I don't keep up with my water intake as well as my sups, little nagging things start poppin up.

I drink over a gal water a day....so don't think it's that. Joint supps...no, just my oils and fats I take in nutrition wise.

Probably doesn't help that I'm on a keyboard all day long at work and working more hours than normal...?? Hek beats me?? LOL I do find it interesting when I go for the deep tissue massages how EVERYTHING seems to be relative..... If my neck/traps/delts...etc...are tight - she can find a HOT spot that I didn't even know I had somewhere down the line away from what "I" think is actually hurting or tight! Makes me LOL when getting worked on because I've gotten so used to most of it I can actually relax through a lot of the "pain"...but, dang when she finds a SPOT - woo hoo!! SHE KNOWS IT!!

PFEPerformance
05-07-2013, 10:14 AM
GREAT TRAINING OVER THE WEEKEND!!!

Sat - normal BACK DAY!! I love working back and seeing the changes coming on ! Just REALLY stoked how things have come together so far in the offseason!!!
Followed this with my weekly round of HIIT! Doing ten rounds/sets....lost count somewhere between five and six LOL so did two extra at the end just to be sure I got them all in...... I need a counter! LOL

Sunday LEG day - ended up in the gym ALL ALONE! My normal spotter was busy, hubby was working and NO ONE else showed up to train..????WTH???!! I litterally had the place to myself....which, is normally kinda cool....but, was going to hit some more heavy front squats which I talked myself out of "just in case" something went wrong.... probably not all bad as I just slowed things down and hit more reps with a little less weight and did a few 1 1/2's to mix it up a bit.....on squats....

then did my normal Curls, Ext.,Deads, and a few step ups..... polished with some Abs and stretching......

Tonight will be doing battle with Chest and Delts ---- we'll see how the wrists hang in!!

HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK ALL!!!!

PFEPerformance
05-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Mmmkkkkk.....this not being able to see my posts is getting "old"!! 149622

Sunnyday
05-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Checking in...and I see you are still killing it. Real nice work on those front squats, girl! :)

PFEPerformance
05-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Quick update .... crazy busy today - BUUUUUUUUUUUUT ~ Last night was Chest and Delts:

Started with pullup warmup - 3 sets.... (Thanks Kev for the insight)..... felt good and got the blood flowing.....

DB (slight incline) Chest Presses -

4 sets X 8
55 X 8 (easy)
65 X 8 (set 2 easy, set 3...pushed last two reps...but good)
went for it
70# X 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW PR!!!!! Got a pic...will load soon....got the GRRRRR face! LOL
dropped back to 55 and hit 6 more just for the stretch and release of it!

BOOYA!!!!!!!!!!

Mid Incline Bar on Smith -
working up to tough 6 - did 5 sets total - final set was 90# x 6 (just something about loading those two 45# plates on the bar that is empowering! LOL

dips - hit 4 sets 15, 12, 11, 10

Real Delts - 3 X 10 70#, 1 X 60# X 10

Lat Raises - 4 X 20#, 1 X 15 X 15#

Presses - 3 sets - 35#, 30#, 25# all X 10

TOAST! :diva:

Sunnyday
05-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Way to go, Lorrie! Congrats on the PR! :cheerleader:

curvygirl
05-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Hell yeah, lady! Those are some killer impressive front squats :mosh:

^^^^^They are indeed! :D

Hey Lady! Your are Frickin' Awesome! You make me long to be eating more & lifting heavy again! Only 3 days out now, so it won't be long! AND me thinks I will be adding front squats during my 8 week "grow" time this summer! See what you do!?! Get us hyped to try out new things! And to push hard!

Woot woot for fall shows! Excited to follow you on your prep journey to the stage!

And yeah! What's up with moderated posts! I finally got back on today and every post I made was delayed?

Keep on Killing it Mama!
((((BIG HUG))))

nic902
05-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Lemme pick my jaw up!!!!!!
Hell of a PR girl..That is how you rock a chest day! BOOM!!!!!

PFEPerformance
05-22-2013, 09:46 AM
HELLO ALL !!!! HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL AND KILLIN IT WITH THE IRON AND IN THE KITCHEN!!

I'VE BEEN MIA FOR A SMIDGE....BUT STILL HERE AND HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING ALONG! LOL Crazed work hours, some family stuff requiring extra attention and time, aging parents I take care of, had a lil bleep with my depression stuff, troubles with posting here on the boards, etc...etc.... in other words LIFE! LOL ALL IS WELL and work is calming down and training is still OFF THE CHARTS!

I have been getting up a bit earlier everyday in an effort to just start my day more relaxed and in a good state of mind vs hitting the floor running and feeling the ole - "gotta million things to do, a million places to be, and a million things to take care of"...... not easy some days and we ALL deal with it.

Anyway - enough of that..........
Not gonna try to play catch up with all my training sessions - will just kick back off from here.

Strength is still FANTASTIC and I am having one hell of a good time feeling like I'm getting somewhere this offseason compared to priors.

Have a GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!!

FOR THOSE OF YOU IN PREP OR RAMPING UP TOWARDS A PREP - HEAD DOWN, GAME FACE ON, GET YOUR HEAD IN THE ZONE, AND KILL IT!!!

nic902
05-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Hey lady! Nice to see you popping in..Dontcha hate when life gets in our way?? LOL! I'm glad you're taking care of your mind, first and foremost we all know if our mind isn't right, nothing else will fall into place.

Keep it rockin Mama :mosh:

curvygirl
05-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Hey Mama!

Life is what happens while we are making other plans! LOL! Your spirits sound up so I have no worries for you! Though you know I am always sending you angels >*< for love, peace, strength, fortitude, energy and the such!

I am finally back to hitting the iron heavy & hard! And of course I was thinking of you when I picked up some heavy dumbbells for chest! :D Took a one week break after the last show...much needed after another disappointing show. BUT that being said we train for the love of strength & health and not for the stage! Though the stage makes for a solid goal to work towards!

Keep on Killing it Mama! Looking forward to hearing more of your awesome off-season beat downs! xOxOx

PFEPerformance
05-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Hey lady! Nice to see you popping in..Dontcha hate when life gets in our way?? LOL! I'm glad you're taking care of your mind, first and foremost we all know if our mind isn't right, nothing else will fall into place.

Keep it rockin Mama :mosh:

Hey Mama!

Life is what happens while we are making other plans! LOL! Your spirits sound up so I have no worries for you! Though you know I am always sending you angels >*< for love, peace, strength, fortitude, energy and the such!

I am finally back to hitting the iron heavy & hard! And of course I was thinking of you when I picked up some heavy dumbbells for chest! :D Took a one week break after the last show...much needed after another disappointing show. BUT that being said we train for the love of strength & health and not for the stage! Though the stage makes for a solid goal to work towards!

Keep on Killing it Mama! Looking forward to hearing more of your awesome off-season beat downs! xOxOx

THANKS GIRLS!!!! YEP - IT'S JUST "LIFE" at a high paced intensity at times and ALL IS WELL AND GOOD!

Nic - You're right! With me this stuff strikes sometimes out of the blue....but, when I slow myself enough....usually I can put the components together and identify the cause. For me it comes primarily in waves of feeling completely and totally overwhelmed..... a bit of a ADHD kicks in..... followed by (at times) SEVERE fatigue - mental/physical/and emotional...... The IRON has saved me in more ways than one and is truly my place to center and "do my thing" LOL

Curvy - Thank you for the Angels!! :hmn:

So glad you are back at it and ready to hit it hard and HEAVY!! Woot-Woot! LOVE feeling strong and picking up those Bad Ass weights!!

Glad you got your perspective regarding shows! It is a bit of a RIDE coming in to shows after we've put our million percent into them and then it doesn't come together quite the way we'd envisioned ...... be it how we feel physically, or how we place, or the tone of the show....etc..... I think everyone has a little bit of an emotional "coming down" so to speak after a show and it does take you a few days to get your bearings and direction again! SO PROUD OF YOU!!

MUCH LOVE TO YA CHICAS!

Mac
05-24-2013, 10:09 AM
I been missing my PFE fix! I can relate to the ADHD and other symptoms.

Now kick some more ass in the gym so I can read all about it!

PFEPerformance
05-24-2013, 10:11 AM
COUPLE TRAINING HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK -

Slight Incline DB Presses - 65's all the way through!!!

Hacks SS w/ box step ups - had a VICIOUS battle...LOL.... :diva:
16 Reps of hacks immediately followed by 20 reps of wtd step ups - X 4 Sets....
Do NOT lay on the floor after these - you will NOT get back up!! LOL

Front Squats - 155 X 10 last 2 sets New warmup wt is 135 BOOM!

HOPE EVERYONE HAS AN AWESOME LONG WEEKEND! ENJOY!!

This is in my log book for Leg Day:

PFEPerformance
05-24-2013, 10:13 AM
I been missing my PFE fix! I can relate to the ADHD and other symptoms.

Now kick some more ass in the gym so I can read all about it!

STILL AT IT HARDCORE I PROMISE!! HUGE PFE HUG!!! Have a Great weekend Mac!!

Strengthrehab
05-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Thanks for checking in and commenting on my progress. You seem to be kicking major tail, too. Great job. Enjoy the weekend.

PFEPerformance
05-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks for checking in and commenting on my progress. You seem to be kicking major tail, too. Great job. Enjoy the weekend.

Yep - I'm following along!! You are doing GREAT! Kicking tail and anything else that steps in my way is my goal! LOL

PFEPerformance
05-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Wednesday check in.... I LOVE these short weeks! LOL

Hope everyone got a little bit of R & R over the Holiday!

Weekend training consisted of Saturday BACK day and Sunday LEG day..... Today consists of OMG my freakin Quads hurt day! Slight pain on Monday....yesterday was INTENSE and I walked like a duck all day! LOL Spent some extra time this morning stretching ...but holy hell batman! I got the job done! I haven't been this sore in quite some time!

This was my WHEELS day:

Seated Leg Curls - 3 X 90# X 10.... 1 X 90# X 10...immediate no rest drop...1 X 70# X 25 .... that got the fire started!

Front Squats - I've got some low back issues and was a bit tight and some tenderness due to a full day of yard work on Saturday - so... kept the weight even this week and just went for very controlled solid reps

4 X 10 X 135#

HACKS - this is where I decided to do battle for the day...LOL

warmed up with some lower weight...got everything adjusted where it needed to be and GAME ON:

Feet placed high and close - 6 X 140# X 15....bottom 2 sec pauses on all.....Set 5 & 6 included some not so ladylike comments and a few more seconds to step off the machine between sets...LOL

And because I figured WTH - NO MERCY was on the Agenda - High Box Step ups....

3 X 15 each leg holding 25# db's....the GOAL was 4 sets ....but my form was getting FUGLY at the end of set three and doing a lot of knee wobbles...so, I figured I better stop there so my Powerlifter buddies didn't have to come pick me up from a face plant!

DID SOME S T R E T C H I N G and hobbled "litterally" to my car.

Last night I got to the gym later than normal - had some errands and things to do to help out my Dad.... didn't have a spotter for chest presses (I'm rather fond of keeping my teeth..) So - just went for lower weight and high reps on those..... worked at really concentrating on the lower stretch and a good squeeze at the top....

Hit rear delts on the pec dec, lat raises, presses and done....

Hope Everyone has a FANTASTIC WEEK !! SET YOUR GOALS AND LET NOTHING STAND IN YOUR WAY!!

Strengthrehab
05-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Great picture. Hope you don't mind that I stole it.

Extreme One
05-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Hey girl! I hope all is well. I frickin' love your journal. Anytime I need a little extra motivation I know I can just pop on in here. Keep killing it! Big hugs.

nic902
05-29-2013, 10:17 PM
LOL! I love your "not lady like" comments during hacks :mosh:I'm pretty much one of the boys in the gym and you can be sure I let anything fly outta my mouth during a tough set..Do what ya gotta do to get shit done!

I may have missed it if you've mentioned it, but are you competing this year? If so, have you decided on any shows?

PFEPerformance
05-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Great picture. Hope you don't mind that I stole it.

Nope! Steal away! ANYTHING that gets you in the ZONE!! This is your year to build the NEW YOU! Well on your way!!

Hey girl! I hope all is well. I frickin' love your journal. Anytime I need a little extra motivation I know I can just pop on in here. Keep killing it! Big hugs.

Hey Kev - yep - we are rockin along! Awe...TY!! BIG HUGS BACK AT YA!! PREP BUDDIES UNITE!!

LOL! I love your "not lady like" comments during hacks :mosh:I'm pretty much one of the boys in the gym and you can be sure I let anything fly outta my mouth during a tough set..Do what ya gotta do to get shit done!

LOL FOR SURE!! I train in a pretty hardcore gym that is made up of mostly Power Lifters...I'm actually one of three female members....the rest are all guys.... It's not a fancy gym by any stretch of the imagination and you best put on your big girl panties if you are gonna train there! LOL I think most women are intimidated by the "guys" and the "hardcore atmosphere"... a no fluff gym ... the guys and I are all great friends and we have a lot of fun....and MY not so lady like language at times during some hardcore sets most definitely don't offend THESE boys! LOL

I may have missed it if you've mentioned it, but are you competing this year? If so, have you decided on any shows?

Yep - I am competing...will be 20 weeks out from first show June 15 ..... heading back to the show I did last year - placed second - and then got First by way of a DQ to the winner.... I want to go back and see if I can set the record straight..LOL...

4 weeks after that I'm going to the West Virginia Mid Atlantic Grand Prix

Have a great week girl! Keep your undies on the right direction LOL.... and don't fall down any stairs!

Mac
05-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Yep - I am competing...will be 20 weeks out from first show June 15 ..... heading back to the show I did last year - placed second - and then got First by way of a DQ to the winner.... I want to go back and see if I can set the record straight.

Awesome.

You're going to take the #1 spot this year!

data4
05-30-2013, 02:31 PM
We are closing in on prep time. This will be by far your best to date!

curvygirl
05-30-2013, 04:44 PM

^^^^He took the words right outta my mouth!

Woot Woot Woot! Go on girl! PFE is gonna smash the stage Fall 2013!

When & where is the first show? You mentioned O-H-I-O as hometown...finger to chin...I wonder...hmmmm...a road trip may be in order...if not for your fall show...in the spring to compete :D

Hee hee! I am also excited that we will be a preppin' at the same time too! Although my trip this time will be a bit shorter...about 10 weeks :) Yay yay yay!~ I'm such a dork!

Okay back to our regularly scheduled programming...A$$ Kicking in the Chamber!
Love ya mama! x0x0x

nic902
05-30-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm totally one the boys in my gym and I love it that way. I've been to gyms where guys wouldn't even spot me right cause they didn't want to get "too close" WTF!?!! I'm in the squat rack, one of the boys..PERIOD!

WOOOT WOOT!!!! Super excited to follow you along you prep journey..I cannot wait to see what all this killer training has built..Let's do this shit :mosh:

PFEPerformance
05-31-2013, 09:34 AM
Awesome.

You're going to take the #1 spot this year!

HUGE HUG MAC!! THAT'S THE PLAN AND WHAT'S DRIVING THIS TRAIN RIGHT NOW!! LOL

We are closing in on prep time. This will be by far your best to date!

THANKS COACH!! YOU'RE THE BEST AND HAVE ALREADY SHIFTED ME INTO A WHOLE NEW GEAR! NO MERCY!!! LET'S DO THIS!!!! :diva:

^^^^He took the words right outta my mouth!

Woot Woot Woot! Go on girl! PFE is gonna smash the stage Fall 2013!

When & where is the first show? You mentioned O-H-I-O as hometown...finger to chin...I wonder...hmmmm...a road trip may be in order...if not for your fall show...in the spring to compete :D

Hee hee! I am also excited that we will be a preppin' at the same time too! Although my trip this time will be a bit shorter...about 10 weeks :) Yay yay yay!~ I'm such a dork!

Okay back to our regularly scheduled programming...A$$ Kicking in the Chamber!
Love ya mama! x0x0x

MUCH LOVE BACK AT YA GIRL!! ANOTHER PREP BUDDY!! WOOT-WOOT - WE CAN SHARE THIS CRAZY RIDE TOGETHER !!

FIRST SHOW IS IN HARRISON, OHIO - OCTOBER 26 - LASER FOCUS...I'M COMIN FOR YA!! LOL LOT'S OF SHOWS IN OHIO GIRL! WE MAY NEED TO TEAM OUR ASSES UP AND DO ONE!!

I'm totally one the boys in my gym and I love it that way. I've been to gyms where guys wouldn't even spot me right cause they didn't want to get "too close" WTF!?!! I'm in the squat rack, one of the boys..PERIOD!

WOOOT WOOT!!!! Super excited to follow you along you prep journey..I cannot wait to see what all this killer training has built..Let's do this shit :mosh:

SO TRUE!! WE ARE SO MUCH ALIKE!! WISH YOU LIVED CLOSER WE COULD GET SOME KILLER SESSIONS IN! MY GUYS AREN'T AFRAID TO SPOT..... AS WELL AS LET YOU KNOW LOUD AND CLEAR IF YOU'RE NOT KILLIN IT TO THEIR STANDARDS! LOL

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND TRAINING GIRL!! YOU ARE ON THE HOMESTRETCH!!!:cheerleader:

PFEPerformance
05-31-2013, 09:52 AM
Thursday night training consisted of Bi's/Tri's and my lighter leg day.....

Had a lil show down with one of the boys... newbee, lil cocky, has the "Lat Boy strut"...LOL But a good guy, just needs to get his head in the right place. And...one of THOSE guys who trains ONLY upper body......

Anyway - was mouthing off about leg extensions and wanting to know what I could do.... asked what he could do.... he laughed and said "Well, let's see".....

So he sits down.... plays around a lil bit, got warmed up ..... Set the weight to 165... he did 8 fairly clean, last 2 were pretty sloppy and not full range... on number 10 he did a pause/hold at the top... got up all cocky and grinning.... said - ok - your turn -

I set the weight to 185...hit 15 clean...held for 5 sec at top last rep.... He just walked away! LOL Said NOTHING ..... just walked away! OMG....too funny!!

YOU BEEN SERVED DUDE!! LOL

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!! Go Hard and Go Heavy!!

Bronwyn
05-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Hi, cool you overcame all and train still hard. And good quotes as usually - especially the one with the leg day :)

nic902
05-31-2013, 10:16 PM
Show them boys how the ladies get it done!:diva:

broadys
06-01-2013, 02:08 AM

enuf said