PDA

View Full Version : Family of Nancy Benoit files wrongful death suit

~gymdiva~
06-11-2009, 11:18 PM
the two year deadline possessed by Georgia state law was approaching so it was now or never:

The following is an excerpt from an article in today's Atlanta Journal Constitution:

Family sues wrestler Chris Benoit’s doctor
Wrongful death suit filed in federal court in Newnan
By MEGAN MATTEUCCI

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Carrollton doctor who prescribed drugs to professional wrestler Chris Benoit should pay for the lives of the wrestler’s deceased wife and son, the victims’ family says.

On Wednesday, the family filed a wrongful death suit in U.S. District Court against Dr. Phil Carroll Astin III and three unnamed drug distributors.

The suit claims that Dr. Phil Astin prescribed painkillers, steroids and muscle relaxants to Chris Benoit from June 2000 to June 23, 2007 – the day Benoit killed his family and then hanged himself.

Astin is now serving a 10-year prison sentence for illegally dispensing drugs.

FULL ARTICLE (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2009/06/11/benoit_doctor_lawsuit.html)

Gaoshang Xiongshou
06-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Can it be proven that any of that influenced his decision?

~gymdiva~
06-11-2009, 11:49 PM
well the ghb withdrawl and concussion syndrome certainly have a play...you could probably say that the combo of other drugs made it worse...since it's a wrongful death suit though I don't think it has to be unanimous in a decision (unsure on GA state law) so if the prosecution can build up a good case it certainly could be done...

BigJD69
06-12-2009, 12:27 AM
well the ghb withdrawl and concussion syndrome certainly have a play...you could probably say that the combo of other drugs made it worse...since it's a wrongful death suit though I don't think it has to be unanimous in a decision (unsure on GA state law) so if the prosecution can build up a good case it certainly could be done...
Agreed! What a tragedy!

Ninja Loco
06-12-2009, 12:54 AM
They will never prove it but they will still win because it's steroid related.

<~~StrengthByGod~~>
06-12-2009, 10:43 AM

Was Chris Benoit using GHB alongside HGH and testosterone as a muscle building agent?

Daterape Dope....sad story

dublin-lifter
06-12-2009, 11:22 AM
what it dosent tell you is that chris benoit also was sufferin from huge damage to the brain as a result of his wrestling i.e flying headbutt so that must of had some play in it

i dont think steriods are the blame here i think he might have just been a bit fucked in the head but no doubt they will get the win cause as ninja said its steriod related i do feel for the family do as it is a horrible tragedy to happen to anyone

~gymdiva~
06-12-2009, 12:07 PM
if y'all saw the 20/20 piece that Romano got to be a part of they mentioned this case and said that even the examining doctor after the fact said there was no way to prove the elevated test in his system was to blame for this tragedy...but to answer the ghb question, yeah, right after this happened one of the things they looked at was his abuse of this in the past and doctors said one of the worst things to do when abusing this drug was to stop cold turkey (out of doctor's supervision, ie detox/rehab) b/c the withdrawl symptoms were close to those of "psycho-mania" issues...combine that with concussion syndrome and who knows what he may or may not have been on, had recently taken, or was trying to come off of at the same time and well, you have a recipe for one of the worst personal tragedies in wrestling history...