PDA

View Full Version : The BEST rear delt movement...wow!

Youngguns
06-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Here it is! I did it for the first time today, took a few sets to get it perfected, but my rear delts are already sore and it's 2 hours post workout... I've never been sore that fast. Very very very effective.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/betteru45.htm

Strikerrjones
06-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Hmm... looks interesting. It seems like you could kind of get the same thing by laying on your side on a bench and lifting the weight without rolling back and forth.

yeahbuddy
06-12-2009, 05:53 PM
You could do it lying on your side on a bench but I think the article said that your other rear delt gets worked at the same time by resisting the descent. I have never done this exercise before or even seen it, but it seems like your obliques and some other muscles may get involved due to the twisting. I will give it a try.

The article didn't mention reverse pec deck machine. I used to do a really good rear delt exercise that I never saw anyone else do. I call it a rear delt row. You are in the same position as a seated rear delt raise but you are doing a rowing motion. Very short range of motion but you can go heavier. I will try to find a pic.

yeahbuddy
06-12-2009, 06:09 PM
I couldn't find a pic. My description above is not really clear. You are not nearly as bent over as when you do a seated rear delt raise and when you row the dumbells, it's not like a bent over row, much more vertical. Your elbows kind of come up and behind you and the back doesn't really get involved. Anyways, kills the rear delts.

Chmbrspns3
06-12-2009, 06:51 PM
If you do them on a bench you have to have a slight incline you can look it up in Arnold's Encyclopedia, I agree it is a good exercise but you should do it light weight, I superset it with rear delt lat raises

Diabetic Muscle
06-12-2009, 10:36 PM
The free Bob Chic videos you get from BB.com show a rear delt row that I use. I find it pretty effective.

MichaelWayne
06-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Sweet, gonna try em out next week. Always get light headed doing the bent over version.

Frosty
06-13-2009, 12:34 AM
I like the idea of doing it on a bench so you could get a better ROM and a good stretch at the bottom....

Ronnie Rowland
06-21-2009, 11:14 PM
I have found standing reverse cable flyes to be the most effective rear delt movement. Second would be leaning-unilateral reverse cable flyes.

Kenzilla21
06-21-2009, 11:30 PM
Seems like a pretty cool exercise

ChunkyThunder
06-21-2009, 11:50 PM
I have found standing reverse cable flyes to be the most effective rear delt movement. Second would be leaning-unilateral reverse cable flyes.

I did those today actually