View Full Version : I should start one... Mareck's journal

mareck
12-18-2012, 12:30 PM
i just took second in the 67.5 kg weight class at the USAPL Southside Classic
squat- 210 kg (462.9 lbs)
bench- 125 kg (275.5 lbs)
deadlift- 190 kg (418.8 lbs)
total- 525 kg (1157.4 lbs)

i'm going to compete in the Gulf Coast Championship USAPL powerlifting meet on march 10 2013. my goals for that meet are as follows:
squat- 500 lbs
bench- 330 lbs
deadlift- 475 lbs
total- 1305 lbs

i'm not sure if i'll have a place to work out while i'm back in Austin for christmas break, but training will definitely continue once i'm back on campus in january

age- 18
height- 5'6"
weight- 160
comp. weight- 148.5

mareck
01-11-2013, 11:29 AM
major setback after the last powerlifting meet. i have a torn acl and some scar tissue buildup on my meniscus causing pain and a break in my training. i have been doing mainly rehab style workouts at the gym, but will be getting back to my training soon. the tear was in a non-weightbearing part of my acl so i just have to be careful with my lifting. more updates to come

mareck
01-23-2013, 02:12 PM
i've bullshitted too much it's time to get back to training.

status update:
the tear in my ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) is non-weightbearing so i am cleared to squat and deadlift as soon as the pain and discomfort stops reappearing during my daily activites such as walking across campus and going up the stairs to my dorm. i have decided though that i am going to withdraw from the USAPL Collegiate Men's Nationals and Texas Strength Systems will be sending me to Atlanta Georgia to compete at the 2013 men's bench only nationals. it's definitely going to be a hard transition from full meet to bench only. i already miss squat and deadlift

Jordan Coburn
01-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Suck about your injuries dude. can you point to one incident that caused it or it more of a wear and tear issue?

Julian123
01-26-2013, 07:01 AM
I have a split acl and some scars accumulation on my meniscus resulting in discomfort and a crack in my exercising. i have been doing mainly rehabilitation design exercises at the gym, but will be getting returning to my exercising soon.

Cary Gym (http://www.premierfitnessolutions.com/Personal-Training-Cary.html)