PDA

View Full Version : GYM TIME for Mommies

fitmomma3
06-13-2009, 09:36 AM
My boys have been going to the gym daycare since they were babies and they go through phases of withdrawal separation. Now let it be known I try my best not to feed into it, I drop them off and run lol I don't linger because this can just make it worse, and I believe the serperation is a necessity, especially since I'm home with them ALL day we need time alone, social skills etc.

Well they had a stomach bug so I didn't take them for a week I just worked out early morning and or late evening and now trying to get them back into the routine they have been going through SCREAMING phases. The girls at the gym are really good, they take them in screaming and they say as soon as I'm out of sight they calm down within minutes and play fine the rest of the time and when I come to pick them up they are happy as anything. BUT the whole experience day after day is draining. I feel guilty, and it makes me less than enthusiastic preparing to go lift because I know the fight that will ensue. I mean I kow I just have to tuff it out until they're over this phase BUT its rough.

Anyone have any experiences/stories/ideas with this. I've tried talking about it, I've tried not talking about it lol, I've tried bribing (rewarding), I've tried threatening (punishment)... it just puts such a damper on what should be an enjoyable experience for both them and me.

GirlyMuscle
06-13-2009, 09:50 AM
I think that's typical. Just a phase. It's good for them. It's a learning experience, part of the process of growing up. Sure it's painful to you but it's a part of their social development. Think of it that way.

I can't offer much else since I didn't train when my son was little. Now that he's almost 21, he's over the separation anxiety. ;)