PDA

View Full Version : Skye's Journey through 2013

skyeDoll
12-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Quick hello from little 'ol newbie me, Skye.
Competed twice in 2012, October's Titan Grand Prix & December's Excalibur.

Placed well in my first ever competition, Titan's, 6th place.
Attempted to "qualify" at Excalibur, only to be given a reality check amongst 526 competitors, jokingly 500 of them fellow bikini girls... ok, only half-jokingly. :p
Although initially "in-denial" and felt I was "lost & looked over" in my class of 33 girls, it was certainly an experience I needed. Although I have a good physique, if I want to compete at the National & Pro stages, it opened my eyes.

I've taken my experiences with me and have big plans for 2013!
I am here to not only spread the word of who I am but also join in on other's rides to learn and lean on others in the same boat.

skyeDoll
12-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Wed 12/19/2012

This week started my official push into the 2013 "season". I don't really feel I have an "off" season, I prefer to maintain my look 365. Then again as a bikini athlete, in my eyes, that should be the norm.

After my last competition, December 1st, I was allowed by my coach a week of "taking it easy". Nothing too crazy as far as diet & gym were concerned. Needed to give my body something of a rest. Kept food fairly clean (but trust me, I enduldged in a few chocolate treats) and although I kept at it with the weights, I laid off the cardio a smidge.

Distance makes this heart grow fonder :) Glad to be back on track with my diet & workout routine thanks to Tad, my coach. Back to sending in progress photos & measurements... I'm one that works well with guidance. Keeps me on track. Makes me accountable. Incredibly happy I'm officially part of Tad's team for the entire stretch of 2013!!

Today was delts & tri. Love those little boulders I've worked so hard on!! I would love a little more :) Hit the cardio a little, and I'll do another short round tonight. That's my #1 goal for this next contest prep, CARDIO! It's the ONLY way to lean out my muscular/athletic quads.

Have my 3 meals cooked to get me through work today... then I have a date with the treadmill! I'll see you around :byeb:

The Prodigy
12-19-2012, 09:16 PM
I will be following along!!!!!!!!!!!

So what show is your Target for 2012?

curvygirl
12-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Welcome Skye! Let your "grow" season be big & prosperous! :D

skyeDoll
12-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Hello ladies :)Gold Coast here in LA Feb. 9th is my first goal. Me & Coach will evaluate my physique 2nd week of January to decide is Gold Coast will be a good fit, if not, we'll shoot for March. Looking to get through the holidays!! Little nibbles here & there but I will keep it under control... my Dec. finishing was disappointing so I really want to be incredible for 2013. Goal of Gold Coast is Top 3, of course, & then off to Nationals!

The Prodigy
12-24-2012, 03:16 PM
You can do it! This will be your year...and we will be here supporting you the whole way through!!! Merry Christmas!

skyeDoll
12-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Survived the holidays!!!

Since I didn't even grab a seat at the Thanksgiving table (was 2 weeks out from Excalibur) I did "enjoy myself" for xmas, giving I have a little bit more room to prep as I'm 7 weeks out from my next show. In order to feel like "one of the gang" I happily grabbed a plate & doubled up on my veggies and turkey. I did eat a small "skye-sized" mound of mashed taters, (sans butter but still deeeeelish) and coaxed the husband into him grabbing another roll... because i wanted half (bulking season for him tho, right?!).

Back at the gym this morning for shoulders & AM cardio. Felt good. Ready to continue on the path to the TOP!! Back for a few minutes of PM cardio tonight after work. You know, all the usual stuff :)

[B]Facebook me! :: Skye Ferrell NPC Competitor

IslandGirl
12-28-2012, 03:14 AM
Welcome! I adore Tad and his wife! Tell him Tracy said hello.

It is difficult when the classes are so large. Many girls get overlooked but sounds like you are taking it well and moving forward. Onward you go!

Wishing you the best in 2013.

skyeDoll
01-02-2013, 02:59 PM
happy new year!
LOVE a new year. I always have. It's a really awesome feeling, for me, that I have an "official" start of something new. Yeah yeah, we can always say "Sunday! It's ON! It's a new page!" But c'mon, if i'm honest, it doesn't have the same effect on my psyche as January 1st - it's a whole new ball game, a fresh start, a clean slate, to accomplish everything that didn't quite come together the year before.

I have a lot of ambitions for 2013, it will take a lot of heart & dedication to top 2012.
I got married, we opened a fitness business, moved twice & we FINALLY set in roots (which is a pretty fantastic feeling), I competed for my first & second time (my husband began his competition career also, 3times, placing every time!), learned new things about myself, made some new best friends for life, and managed through it all, the thick & thin, Dec. 31st to arrive 2 weeks prior to celebrating my One-Year wedding anniversary with my 2nd half (ps, we saved the cake!). Pretty great stuff if you ask me :hmn:

Biggest goal for 2013 is to compete, qualify for nationals, and work on nabbing myself a Pro-card. No biggie, right? ;)

May 2013 be YOUR year too!!
//skye//

IslandGirl
01-04-2013, 02:54 AM
happy new year!
LOVE a new year. I always have. It's a really awesome feeling, for me, that I have an "official" start of something new. Yeah yeah, we can always say "Sunday! It's ON! It's a new page!" But c'mon, if i'm honest, it doesn't have the same effect on my psyche as January 1st - it's a whole new ball game, a fresh start, a clean slate, to accomplish everything that didn't quite come together the year before.

I have a lot of ambitions for 2013, it will take a lot of heart & dedication to top 2012.
I got married, we opened a fitness business, moved twice & we FINALLY set in roots (which is a pretty fantastic feeling), I competed for my first & second time (my husband began his competition career also, 3times, placing every time!), learned new things about myself, made some new best friends for life, and managed through it all, the thick & thin, Dec. 31st to arrive 2 weeks prior to celebrating my One-Year wedding anniversary with my 2nd half (ps, we saved the cake!). Pretty great stuff if you ask me :hmn:

Biggest goal for 2013 is to compete, qualify for nationals, and work on nabbing myself a Pro-card. No biggie, right? ;)

May 2013 be YOUR year too!!
//skye//

Awesome goals! You had an amazing 2012....but here's to New Beginnings. 2013, here you come!

mpalleyne
01-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Yes great stuff!! I think you can do it Skye!!!

skyeDoll
01-09-2013, 09:38 PM
hello ladies!

Coach Tad & I decided 'tentatively' on the NPC Gold Coast Feb. 9th show! We will make a final decision in 2 weeks!, once we see how my physique comes in a little more, but I'm pretty confident with myself that I will easily find my physique needed for February.

Feeling good, feeling confident!
Proud of how I've been doing in the gym, committed & working hard!

I'm in desperate need of a message. After shoulders today I'm tighter than [insert something witty here] tight. Arg! A hot tub would do wonders!
Cardio is increased a touch, but I'll stick with it, I've made some great improvements the past 2 weeks!

Coach changed up the diet a touch. SO excited I get a little chicken back in my diet, WHOAH! The little things that make a competitor happy :cheerleader:

broadys
01-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Hi Skye

I am a newbie around here too, welcome
when I saw gold coast at first I thought you were a fellow aussie but then i saw the LA bit after it. lol
Best of luck for your pro card

skyeDoll
01-21-2013, 05:26 PM
well well well.
3 weeks out from Gold Coast... aaaaand I'm "freaking" out. Haven't officially committed to the competition yet, but still working on getting my physique ready for Feb 9th.

I'm holding an immense amount of water in my legs!! Frustrating. Luckily my coach, Tad, still has faith in me! :yep: He has told me to continue to give it a couple more days. By the scale I shouldn't look as lean as I do, but happily that helps to remind myself that it is, in fact, water weight, as my stomach still looks very lean. My legs on the other hand, well, being hard on myself, remind me of water balloons :dunno: lol, c'mon, sometimes ya just gotta roll with things and be able to laugh at yourself.

Made it out to the FitExpo in Los Angeles yesterday, had a great time, met some great people!! Great motivation with all this water retention/countdown-to-Contest-date swirling around my head. Loved being around some of the greats in the bodybuilding/fitness industry!141332

So I'm excited to get back to the gym tonight for my 45min of cardio... I've got some improvements to make!!!
Talk at yall later!

mrsflexgym
01-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Holding a little water in your legs is better than fat. LOL. You will do just fine. You seem very motivated and focused and thats always a great thing!! Try not to stress and good luck.

sce0027
01-21-2013, 08:37 PM
hello ladies!

Coach Tad & I decided 'tentatively' on the NPC Gold Coast Feb. 9th show! We will make a final decision in 2 weeks!, once we see how my physique comes in a little more, but I'm pretty confident with myself that I will easily find my physique needed for February.

Feeling good, feeling confident!
Proud of how I've been doing in the gym, committed & working hard!

I'm in desperate need of a message. After shoulders today I'm tighter than [insert something witty here] tight. Arg! A hot tub would do wonders!
Cardio is increased a touch, but I'll stick with it, I've made some great improvements the past 2 weeks!

Coach changed up the diet a touch. SO excited I get a little chicken back in my diet, WHOAH! The little things that make a competitor happy :cheerleader:

I'm so excited for you! Continue to keep us updated! Can't wait to see how everything turns out!

mpalleyne
01-24-2013, 07:30 PM
So cool Skye!!! Do your thing girl!

skyeDoll
01-28-2013, 11:08 AM
OFFICIAL: headed into Feb. 9th GOLD COAST. End of last week me&Coach were able to shed 3 pounds of the water weight I was holding, now as 'Aunt Flow' approaches within the week, I'm some-what dealing with another battle. Because we brought in the diet a little, prepping for contest, i'm W.O.R.N.O.U.T. still trying to kill it in the gym and I'm just not seeing the intensity there. I feel, mentally, I have so much more on my plate this contest go-round. I'm extremely anylitical of everything currently-I so badly want to do well for this contest. I feel as if almost I'm causing most of my problems currently because I'm too stressed out over all this! I know I need to just press on through this week. I know come 4 days out from Contest, I wont be in th egym, my job will be to relax, so I'm trying to remind myself of this now and push through the stress & defeated-ness I'm currently feeling!

12 DAYS...

mrsflexgym
01-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Im suprised you might still get your period this close to contest. I know I didnt have mine 2 months before and for 2 months after. It was kind of nice. LOL. Good thing is, yes you put all that hard work in and the last few days you get to chill. I know I dont do anything wed-sat except get my hair done nails done and all that fun stuff. Just try to look with confidence and pride towards your goal and you will be just fine!! Good luck.

Sunnyday
01-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Just 12 days that is so exciting! I know it is easier said than done but try to de-stress even if it is just a little. I found you can never EVER underestimate the power of stress.

mpalleyne
01-28-2013, 09:55 PM
12day... whoa that's exciting! Each prep is different but the results are always rewarding!! You are on the right track Skye... Think of this as there is always and end where you get to smile and relax

IslandGirl
01-29-2013, 01:45 AM
Wow! 12 days! Wooooohooooo! Let's do this girl! Keep the focus. Tunnel vision alllll the way!

skyeDoll
02-04-2013, 04:59 PM
4 1/2 DAYS! WOW!

You know what 'mrsflexgym', I've competed twice before and have never lost my period, but that could very well happen this time... lets hope it at least holds out until after Saturday!!

SO HAPPY it's finally here... this prep is kicking my ass!!!! To say the least!! Last wednesday I finally had a moment to myself and realized, "you know what, just breath, take it all in, and do what you can to prep" and I let everything just kind of roll off my shoulders, I'm sure some of that stress I was putting on myself was "holding me back" as far as training goes. Ever since I had my little ephiphay, I have mentally felt much better. I'm seeing great improvements with my physique... and I must say, my coach TAD, KNOWS HIS STUFF!! He has helped tremndously in bringing in my physqiue this week!! Kudos!! Both him & my husband have had more faith in me than I did myself!! Great to have those people to surrounding you.

My intensity in the gym this past week & half has been... well, quite comical. Leaving so much more to be desired!!! But I'm sure more of yall can agree, you certainly feel the change when the diet changes, the work in the gym somewhat "suffers". I just can't hit the weights & cardio like I could only a week ago! But the gym days are winding down!! Then my job is to RELAX!!

Thankfully my husband is also a competitor and he has gone through the glory of 'peak week'. Needless to say, or supposedly "relaxing" sunday was, well, me griping and huffing and puffing and complaining and some more hard breathing... IRRITABLE, to say the least!! The irritation was seeping out of my pores!!! All i wanted to do was cry and go to bed to pass the time... but I couldnt just sleep away the day, as I'm working on consuming the amount of water that floods the Nile region every season! Oh the JOYS of competing...

Today I'm pushing through, feeling a little better mentally, knowing I have just a few... more... days...

skyeDoll
02-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Well, tomorrow is the day! I am here & all tanned up (delicious!).
Hoping to drop some more water weight before prejudging tomorrow!
I lost my Uncle Bear this morning :( My family has encouraged me to ROCK the stage tomorrow. I hope I can brings trophy with me as I head to Oklahoma Sunday for services.
Remember life is so very short, so enjoy it!
i will enjoy my time under the lights tomorrow.

mpalleyne
02-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Do it girl and have lots of fun!!! Rock that stage Skye. And the trophy would be you when you go to service on Sunday! Hugs