PDA

View Full Version : My transition from Powerlifter to "Yeah, I workout" to NPC National Bikini Athlete in 5 weeks!!

Lauren Triani
12-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi Ladies!!! This is my first journal entry on Rx Girl, I’m really excited to be starting my journal and sharing all my experiences with everyone =) My name is Lauren to start off I am 23 years old and I just began my journey into fitlife in mid October of this year. I was always very active in sports I was a powerlifter and competed regularly in meets. After years of powerlifting I was uncomfortable in the body that developed over years and years of lifting heavy with no diet really just eating healthy but I had no portion restrictions. I took about six months off from powerlifting and just worked 5 to 6 days a week but ate whatever I wanted which did nothing for my already tiny framed stalky body. Since about 2009 I was interested in competing in the NPC bikini division but didn’t know how to go about getting myself into NPC and I never thought that I could ever lean out like the girls I saw and admired in the fitness magazines. In mid October I was introduced to Sarah Long of Team Long, by a good friend who was a former body builder, he was not a member of Team Long but knew about their great reputation in the fitness industry. From the first meeting I had with Sarah she was so supportive and hands on as a coach. Within the first week on my new plan I saw a change! I was full of energy and I was able to push myself in the gym more and more each day. I was told that I was aiming to compete in my first show, a level 5 national qualifying show on December 8th which didn’t give me much time to prep (I had less than half the time of a full prep) and I am sure I was given one of the hardest preps for my first show. It was a difficult battle between my mind and my body but I knew that I had to go into the gym everyday ready to kill it! I was determined to make my coach, team, and most importantly myself proud, and I did!!! I placed second in my show!!! The best feeling I have ever felt to date was hearing my name and number being called! I did not place first but I did not expect anything coming into the show but an experience and I got my experience and so much more! I love this industry and everything it represents especially on the female side. The main thing I learned from all of this was in inner strength I had deep down inside that I would have never discovered if I had not done this, I learned to love myself and the new personal inside and out I have become. This is just the beginning for me I plan on being around in this industry for a long time and hopefully one day being able to mentor and inspire other girls to find that inner strength and beauty I found in myself.

Ladies I hope you like my first entry and please leave me feedback! I hope everyone has an amazing holiday and new year!! Remember Live Healthy and Live Happy =) <3

The Prodigy
12-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Welcome to RX Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your change from Powerlifting to bikini! What are your plans for the 2013 season?

brownbnyfuentes
12-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Go Team Long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You looked beautiful and I am so excited for you. I am in the middle of my prep with Sarah Long and I have 11 weeks to go. You are right...it is a battle with mind and body but determination and action will lead to success.

I can't wait to see more journals from you. :)

Lauren Triani
12-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Thank you! :) I have big goals for 2013 and excited to start the season...Jr Usa's in May, hopefully pro card will be earned at jr's! I plan on attending and helping out my team with as many shows as possible! Also in 2013 I will start personal training at Golds Gym in Ormond Beach, Florida, really excited to start training clients and making theirs lives better :) thats just the start of the season have much more planned but nothing happens overnight I have lots of hard work to do but cannot wait to progess!

Lauren Triani
12-23-2012, 10:00 PM
My first npc show was on decemeber 8 so I am no stranger to dieting and training through the holidays. I dont know why training through thanksgiving seemed like a walk in the park compared to training and eating clean through christmas and new years. I still have managed to eat clean but sometimes get the urge to seriously want to eat a gingerbread house! I know that is just seeing all the sweets around everywhere I go but its kind of hard to maintain my selfcontrol which its a mircle I have. I guess that little voice inside my head is telling me that I worked too hard to bindge eat during the holidays and offseason. For me training isnt the hard part I feel useless if I dont go train once a day but all this food everywhere just makes me want to lock myself in a room with a stairmaster all night long :hypno: I dont usually freak out over food like this but I know during offseason a "clean" cheat meal is ok and I think I am just stressing out because of the 100000000 things I have had to get done this week. If anyone else is going food wacko during christmas please shareeee and let me know Im not the only crazy girl. Thank you baby jesus that my mind has taken control and Im sticking to my offseason diet!

tankygirl
12-24-2012, 03:25 AM
LOL!! You are definitely not the only one!! I have been seriously sticking to a keto diet now for 22 days - no worries in the least - no cravings at all.... then today (not only Christmas eve but our wedding anniversary as well!) all I wanted to eat was Christmas fruit mince pies!!!! Everywhere I turned there were chocolate santas calling my name!!! So hubby and I went to the studio and trained Chest & Tri's. hang in there you know you will feel fabulous if you stick to your guns and get through it! HUGS!

IslandGirl
12-28-2012, 03:09 AM
Congrats to you on your very first show! 2nd is truly amazing! Sounds like you had a wonderful experience! Best of luck to you in 2013!

Lauren Triani
12-28-2012, 07:39 PM
So I survived Christmas without eating a gingerbread houseor fighting with Santa over who was going to get to eat the milk and cookies…Yay,thank you willpower and the fact that I love my body way to much to let acraving make loose it!!! I’m sure with 2013 just a few days away everyone isthinking about what they need to accomplish in 2013. I have so much to look forwardto in 2013! Most people are making their resolutions about just joining a gymor getting healthy, while all my fellow athletes and myself are making resolutionsfor 2013 about improving our bodies and being the best we can be in 2013! Mymain goal is earn that pro card! I’m very critical about my body on and offstage…I guess that’s why I’m addicted to this because to see my body change isbasically the best feeling! I know my legs are in need of TCL as well as mytriceps….Both of those have always been a love/hate training session because ifI lift heavy I puff up fast during offseason but need to lift heavy to buildthe muscle I need to gain in those areas to be able to hold that pro card andtrophy this coming year. . I love my offseason diet I have lots of energy tokill it at the gym and give it my all! Patienceis a virtue and I need to start remembering that nothing happens over night. Ihave faith that my body will come together I just have to find that happy placebetween heavy and moderate weight so I can build my muscle and not be toobulky. I’m a so little (4’11) that even though I’m not heavy on a scale I look heavy,I carry everything in my legs which I do love having nice thick muscular legsbut when it comes to bulking up it gets tricky! One of my other 2013 resolutionsis to be as active as I can support and helping my coach and teammates as muchas I can. I became a part of team LONG toward the end of the season and didn’t reallyget a chance to help as much as I wanted to because season ended…So this year I’mforsure going to try my best and be at every show helping my coach backstagewith the girls and to cheer on and support my team. I’m excited to see what2013 brings I have many goals and big plans for this year hopefully I can makethis my year!

Lauren Triani
12-28-2012, 07:43 PM
ughh so happy Im not the only one!! =) Sticking to it and hangin in there I survived Christmas without eating everything in the house! I went to the gym and trained back on Christmas day so I would stay on track...I figured out of if I dont get a good workout in and Im slacking on my lifting that day I just want to slack off on my diet too :/ hope you had a great holiday and have a great new year!!! xoxo

brownbnyfuentes
12-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Hey fellow Team Long member! I totally feel you on the food cravings but yes.... a hot and athletic body is so much better. I have to train my legs/glutes carefully too - I bulk up quickly. I want to requalify for a national show hopefully this year. We shall see. I love competing and I hope to do a show with you someday as well.

You will be pro one day. Have a great new year! - Ayana

michael1204
12-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Great job Lauren!!!! You are an awesome competitor and very self motivated! Keep the posts coming as many can learn from your experiences.. even us dudes :) 2013 is your year !!! You are motivating many people!

IslandGirl
12-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Great job Lauren!!!! You are an awesome competitor and very self motivated! Keep the posts coming as many can learn from your experiences.. even us dudes :) 2013 is your year !!! You are motivating many people!

Welcome! Great first post! Nice to have you motivating our Rx Girls!

Lauren Triani
12-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Thank you!!! =)Im happy I can motivate and inspire I am still new to this world and knowing that my drive to do well can help others =)

Lauren Triani
12-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Ayana!!! I'm glad you can relate about how hard it is to keep the legs and glutes in check! lol Im half cuban it had to be that latin blood in us that makes are legs and glutes just want to be thick! You are going to do great at your show and after our chat about cardio I know you are going to qualify for nats and hopefully we can compete together in may at Jrs!!! <3

Lauren Triani
01-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Happy New Year Rx family =) I hope everyone had an awesomenew year and is ready to start kicking some butt in 2013…I know I am!! I havemy offseason training and diet for the new year and love it, best part is I getto lift heavy and when my new diet (I get some clean carbs) I am dominating in thegym…I feel like a little energizerfitbunny =) :p . Today on my glute kickbacks I got 90lbs for 10 which I started on theglute kickback machine with 50lbs 2 months ago and it was hard! I knocked out those90lbs like it was nothing (right leg or glute is stronger than the left) itfelt awesome!!! I’m really hoping to make 2013 my year I have high hopes andbig dreams for this year hopefully my hard work and dedication will make themall a reality for me! I also realized that gaining weight is normal and beingat 96lbs and trying to do 90lb kickbacks and 30lbs dumbbell inclines presseswould not work unless I gained a little weight which right now I am weighting104.3 says the scale this morning, 8lbs above my stage weight. I still feelpuffy but it hasn’t been even a month since the date of my show so my coachsays that’s normal. Super excited too that posing class starts this Sunday in Jacksonville!!!I’m looking forward to meeting all the new girls on my team, seeing myteammates, and of course my coach, Sarah! I plan on taking full advantage ofeverything offered to me by being a part of TEAM LONG, I joined in mid October whichthe season was basically over but this year I will be at every posing practiceand show so I can learn as much as I can until nationals in May! Started offthe first few days into the year with my game face on, my mind in check and myeyes are focused on the prize! Happy New Year again RX family hope everyone hasthe same attitude going to the new year as I do, always be positive it is a newyear…time to while the slate of 2012 clean and start fresh with new goals for2013!!

Amygaskins
01-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Happy New Year Rx family =) I hope everyone had an awesomenew year and is ready to start kicking some butt in 2013…I know I am!! I havemy offseason training and diet for the new year and love it, best part is I getto lift heavy and when my new diet (I get some clean carbs) I am dominating in thegym…I feel like a little energizerfitbunny =) :p . Today on my glute kickbacks I got 90lbs for 10 which I started on theglute kickback machine with 50lbs 2 months ago and it was hard! I knocked out those90lbs like it was nothing (right leg or glute is stronger than the left) itfelt awesome!!! I’m really hoping to make 2013 my year I have high hopes andbig dreams for this year hopefully my hard work and dedication will make themall a reality for me! I also realized that gaining weight is normal and beingat 96lbs and trying to do 90lb kickbacks and 30lbs dumbbell inclines presseswould not work unless I gained a little weight which right now I am weighting104.3 says the scale this morning, 8lbs above my stage weight. I still feelpuffy but it hasn’t been even a month since the date of my show so my coachsays that’s normal. Super excited too that posing class starts this Sunday in Jacksonville!!!I’m looking forward to meeting all the new girls on my team, seeing myteammates, and of course my coach, Sarah! I plan on taking full advantage ofeverything offered to me by being a part of TEAM LONG, I joined in mid October whichthe season was basically over but this year I will be at every posing practiceand show so I can learn as much as I can until nationals in May! Started offthe first few days into the year with my game face on, my mind in check and myeyes are focused on the prize! Happy New Year again RX family hope everyone hasthe same attitude going to the new year as I do, always be positive it is a newyear…time to while the slate of 2012 clean and start fresh with new goals for2013!!

Lauren, i love your posts. I look fwd to meeting you sunday at posing.
Legs are the worst for me. I'm training for my first competition and having the hardest time building up my legs. i'm such a hardgainer.

brownbnyfuentes
01-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Thank you and I hope so too!

brownbnyfuentes
01-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Yes it is normal to feel puffy after a comp. The weight will settle and to stay 5-10lbs above stage weight is perfect so I wouldn't worry. :) I wish I could go to posing practice but being in Vegas.....it's a little hard. LOL

Have fun!

Ayana (brownbnyfuentes/TeamLong)

IslandGirl
01-04-2013, 02:27 AM
Have fun at posing practice. I know they are always motivating for me and to see everyone changing every week depending where they are in their goals. We'll be starting back up with our team posing classes real soon too. Have fun!

The Prodigy
01-06-2013, 09:36 PM
(http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/7301-exclusive-interview-with-npc-bikini-star-lauren-triani.html)
Exclusive Interview with NPC Bikini Star Lauren Triani (http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/7301-exclusive-interview-with-npc-bikini-star-lauren-triani.html)

Lauren Triani is a up-and-coming bikini competitor. She is young and motivated which seems to be a winning combination!

http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/7301-exclusive-interview-with-npc-bikini-star-lauren-triani.html (http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/7301-exclusive-interview-with-npc-bikini-star-lauren-triani.html)

Lauren Triani
01-23-2013, 06:24 PM
I have been struggling with training lately I have beenkillin the weights but I think I’m way tooooooo strong for my own good…well formy own good as a bikini competitor. I have been switching up between usingdumbbells and hammer strength machines during upper body training. In no way Ithink that my 100lb, 4’11 body should be doing dumbbell incline press with 35lbdumbbells or front raises with 17 ½ lb dumbbells. I get discouraged sometimesbecause I have heard people around me say that Im going to grow out of bikinior that I’m lifting too heavy. I don’t feellike I’m going to heavy I am challenging myself isn’t that what I’m suppose tobe doing every work out challenge myself??!!? I have always had a strong upper body frombeing a gymnast and powerlifting. I think I’m over thinking and I should justbe thankful that I am blessed with strength mentally and physically. Today Itrain legs which is my favorite bodypart to train. I train legs Wednesday and Saturdays, I have added so muchvariety into my leg training like single leg leg presses, smith machinekickbacks, and smith machine leg press. I also love having a training partnerduring leg day and shoulder day for that extra push! I really do have to findmy happy place within training my upper body, I found it on training legs andglutes...back, chest, and shoulders may be a little bit harder. Going to see mycoach for posing on Sunday hopefully I get a great report I cant wait to beginmy prep for Jr Usa’s it’s doesn’t start for a while but I cannot wait to beginand see what my body looks like a little tighter after all my heavy lifting! And if I do get too muscular for the bikini world well hello Figure =) Doesnt matter what type of competitor I am I love lifting weights and putting myself to the test because thats what a good athlete does everyday! :diva:

Lauren Triani
01-31-2013, 02:44 PM
Pre Prep began for me this week my training totally did a 180 because of the size I have put on being able to lift heavy and the little cardio I was doing...which was the plan for the month and half "offseason" (i hate that word) I got. 15min plyos, sprints, running and walking lunges are now the key elements thrown into my training so I can begin to lean out. Bikini is a weird division I love it but I dont understand why I can have thick muscular quads as long as my glutes are just as muscular which believe me my glutes should have their own seperate stage time then my body ;) Im not a fan of being itty bitty tiny bones when I could be thick and muscular which is what my coach and I are aiming for, that perfect balance between tiny and tight and muscular. Now that I have been blessed with the full prep I am taking full advantage of every rep, every set, every minute of cardio to make sure when I step on stage at nationals in May I drop jaws just like I did in Miami in Decemeber....Ill keep everyone updated on my pre prep and when I begin my show prep...Im trying to write at least once a week! <33333

brownbnyfuentes
01-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Lauren I am a thick girl naturally. I am an easy gainer and hard loser. My upper body is sooo ripped and toned right now and my lower body is just coming in for my show in 5 weeks. I do Sarah's weight training guide with 90-120minutes of cardio to get as lean as they want me to be for bikini. So many people tell me I should do figure - maybe one day, who knows. :) Anyways, with all that said we have to work what we got and should be happy with our tight bodies!!!!!!! In my off season, I was ten pounds above actual stage weight for an entire year - this helped me when it was time to cut again. When it is off season again (not until late summer), my goal is to just be 5lbs away from contest weight. As bikini girls, there is no reason for us to be farther than that.

You look great and I can't wait to see you on the National stage and hopefully you will see me in the USA's in Vegas!:byeb:

Pre Prep began for me this week my training totally did a 180 because of the size I have put on being able to lift heavy and the little cardio I was doing...which was the plan for the month and half "offseason" (i hate that word) I got. 15min plyos, sprints, running and walking lunges are now the key elements thrown into my training so I can begin to lean out. Bikini is a weird division I love it but I dont understand why I can have thick muscular quads as long as my glutes are just as muscular which believe me my glutes should have their own seperate stage time then my body ;) Im not a fan of being itty bitty tiny bones when I could be thick and muscular which is what my coach and I are aiming for, that perfect balance between tiny and tight and muscular. Now that I have been blessed with the full prep I am taking full advantage of every rep, every set, every minute of cardio to make sure when I step on stage at nationals in May I drop jaws just like I did in Miami in Decemeber....Ill keep everyone updated on my pre prep and when I begin my show prep...Im trying to write at least once a week! <33333

camalabrooke
02-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Awesome, and great job on the transition!

Lauren Triani
02-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Monday will be my 12 week mark and time to get serious with my first FULL 12 week prep for my first national show in may. I burned off the extra size I put on during off season even though I injured my ankle during a plyo workout and was sick I still got it off which was what I wanted to do =) thank you jesus for giving me the drive I have to do what I am told to the tee even if I am hurt or sick. I have learned to love spriting before I used to dread it. My millions of walking lunges I have to do instead of doing them on the ground I do them on the treadmill on and incline and raise the incline each set, on the treadmill it is eaiser for me to keep on a steady pace during my lunges, when I lunge on the ground I tend to trip over myself and its frustrates me. I also made a serious decision not to attend the Arnold in Ohio this year, during prep I need to be in my element and focused. I dont know who would turn down a paid trip with a booth to work at the one of the biggest shows in the world but there will be many more Aronld Classic's but only one 2013 Jr Usa's. I know myself too well I know for those few days I wont be 100% on point and a few days of not being on point can break me when may comes and its stage time. My goal for this year as I have said 100 times is to turn pro, which I will do and god forbid I dont I will know in my heart that I gave it everything; did what I was told and followed my plan to the tee....I have big dreams and goals this year I plan to achive...there is nothing in my way but myself I leanred quickly I am my own worst enemy....I cannot let my mind defeat me!!! Sunday I go to posing class in Jacksonville hopefully I get a great report from my coach and I can begin my 12 weeks with no doubt in my mind that I will be successful!

brownbnyfuentes
02-20-2013, 09:30 PM
I love your drive. I am 2 1/2 weeks out and it is all about cardio and practicing my presentation right now!!! I hope to just requalify for a national show - we shall see. :) I wish you the best teammate!!

:hmn:

Monday will be my 12 week mark and time to get serious with my first FULL 12 week prep for my first national show in may. I burned off the extra size I put on during off season even though I injured my ankle during a plyo workout and was sick I still got it off which was what I wanted to do =) thank you jesus for giving me the drive I have to do what I am told to the tee even if I am hurt or sick. I have learned to love spriting before I used to dread it. My millions of walking lunges I have to do instead of doing them on the ground I do them on the treadmill on and incline and raise the incline each set, on the treadmill it is eaiser for me to keep on a steady pace during my lunges, when I lunge on the ground I tend to trip over myself and its frustrates me. I also made a serious decision not to attend the Arnold in Ohio this year, during prep I need to be in my element and focused. I dont know who would turn down a paid trip with a booth to work at the one of the biggest shows in the world but there will be many more Aronld Classic's but only one 2013 Jr Usa's. I know myself too well I know for those few days I wont be 100% on point and a few days of not being on point can break me when may comes and its stage time. My goal for this year as I have said 100 times is to turn pro, which I will do and god forbid I dont I will know in my heart that I gave it everything; did what I was told and followed my plan to the tee....I have big dreams and goals this year I plan to achive...there is nothing in my way but myself I leanred quickly I am my own worst enemy....I cannot let my mind defeat me!!! Sunday I go to posing class in Jacksonville hopefully I get a great report from my coach and I can begin my 12 weeks with no doubt in my mind that I will be successful!

Lauren Triani
03-01-2013, 10:21 PM
After being miserable for 2 weeks I finally made it to Jacksonville to see my coach, Sarah for posing practice and for my weekly progression check...I was sending pictures during the weeks I didnt make it to posing but in person is totally different then pictures. Im on point which is a huge weight off my shoulders to know I am where I should be. My stage routine needs a little touch up here and there my back pose is something that I want to perfect...because when I hit that shot I just want the judges to be AMAMZED! I have to work on being soft and flowy with my turns not pop and lock...I slipped by in Miami with my pops and kicks and sharp posese but I know that is not going to do me any good at JR USA'S. Practice, practice, and more pratice until I get it perfect...only way Im gonna own the stage!!!

Im sooooooooo sad Im not writing this from the Arnold Classic in Ohio right now but I have to prep 12 weeks almost 11 weeks isnt time to fool around at all! If I am not in my own element my prep will not be 100% and every day until May 18 I have to give it 100%. March is a busy month for me work wise as well so my coach increased my cardio so I can be ahead of the game instead of just "on point" I would rather cardio it out like a champ now while I have carbs and fats on a daily basis before my diet changes up on me. March 8th through the 16th are going to be tough for me working 14 hr days bartending and the Daytona Beach bike rally which I have done every year since 07' but never had a show prep to throw into the mix but I will do what I have to do! Its all about how bad you what it and what you are willing to do and there is NOTHING that I wont do! My coach has so much faith in me I cant let her down nor my team...I have to own that stage! Its all mind, body, and spirit from now on. Hopefully after working all those hours Ill be able to buy my new suit for nationals from Cj I love her suits and I need to look like a PRO on stage says my coach.

On another note Im really happy to have a made a really good friend in one of my teammates Cristina Ortiz...this sport is vicious and to find a girl who has the same drive, dedication, and personality as you is one in a million...Ive lost a lot of girlfriends and just friends in general when I started my new life because I was "crazy" or I was doing this for "attention" frankly I could care less about what anyone says I now only surround myself with positive like minded people who push me to be the best I can be each day. I hope everyone has a great weekend <3

Lauren Triani
04-30-2013, 05:40 PM
I really feel horrible not writing for a few months my prep has really taken a toll on me. My body just gave up on me for a little bit and my mental state wasn't so positive. I'm pretty sure I cried everyday for a good month about my weight and my progression. After going back and fixing a few things my body started to respond and here I am 2 weeks out and happy for once in a long time I can say I am happy with my body for the most part...still my legs could be better overall I could be better but no one is perfect but I strive to be as close to perfect as I can be. One thing I have learned through this prep is that I have to be selfish I cant let my personal life and my vision of overall happiness cloud my focus point of my prep which sadly it did this time around but despite my personal life being in pieces I got up every morning did my cardio, made my meals, did more cardio, and tried to keep an equal balance between my personal life and my prep. I have been wanting and dreaming of competing at this show, Jr. Usa's since I qualified for it in December. On May 17th when judgment day arrives all I can do is step on that stage with a big smile knowing I did everything I was told to do to the tee and that day I am best I can be and lets the judges decided the outcome. If things don't go too well which I am being positive and praying for a great turn out there is always Jr. Nationals which I know I will dominate. Certain things just didn't work in my favor this prep and things happen in life not always as planned or the right time but they happen so all I know is I've done everything possible to represent myself and my coach to the best of my ability all 96 pounds of me. =)

Lauren Triani
05-12-2013, 09:23 PM
I am a week out from my first national show and this prep has honestly been the most mentally painful process I have faced. Everything that could have went wrong did in these 16 weeks (I am writing this with a fever and sinus infection) One thing I can honestly say is I am stronger that I have probably cried more then smiled and been angry more then happy because of outside aspects of my life I still stuck with this show because I committed since I stepped on stage in December of last year that I was going to do Jr Usa's. The hard part is over now and Im just waiting for the finished product to be revealed. I have never done so much cardio in my life that I feel more comfortable walking on a stair master then walking on a flat surface, I could bet money on that I can glute cable kickback and touch the back of my head with my sneaker, and I have eaten so much fish I should have turned into a mermaid...by no way at all am I complaining because I look the BEST that I have ever looked in my life and I killed myself day in and day out for this because I love it....I love the challenge, I love to be covered in sweat, and I love to different. My goal this year is to earn my pro card and those who are actively involved in my life know that I have cut everyone out except a handful of people and consumed myself in my preparation for this show....my moment to shine, to show off, my moment to prove that I was strong enough to do 2hrs of cardio 1 1/2 of weight training, and still go about my everyday life with a smile fake or not I always smile. I choose this life of constant challenge because I want to inspire others that you are never "stuck" in life that you can choose to separate yourself from people and things who don't make you smile and aren't positive influences in your life. I choose to challenge myself every day to be the best I can be no matter what! I have questioned a lot during these 16 weeks about where my heart and passion really lies and it is in myself that I know exactly what I can do and how I can present my body on stage I just have to dig deep and find the mental strength buried in my little head to bring it out. Another thing I learned is never depend on anyone this is such a selfish sport there is no room for sympathy or weakness which I learned after being weak hearted and emotional that I have to be strong for myself and for no one else no one is going to help you when it comes down to it...I have to learn for next time around even though it will probably be hard for me because I too giving and too trusting at times to be selfish because its my life and only I can make it better or send it spiraling down. To the people in my life who have supported me though this thank you I'm going to bring back a trophy and if not I know that I look amazing and who ever beat me has worked as hard as I did and that deserves recognition weather its myself or a stranger.

Lauren Triani
05-20-2013, 04:40 PM
So Jr Usa's was successful no pro card earned I have work to do but I am very blessed and happy to say I was called in the first callout and placed 6th at my first national show! I am very excited to get back to training and improve instead of jumping right into jr nationals in a few weeks I'm going to take a longer time to improve so hopefully Team Universe or North Americans will be my next time on a stage. One thing which I said before is during these 6 weeks I have to learn to just disconnect from everyone and everything and focus on my overall goal. Being sick and stressed crying with no sleep is not any way to prep at all and I will never but my personal life and thought of being "happy" over the reason why I turned my life around to be happy with MYSELF and only myself. Distractions and emotions internally, mentally, and physically killed me besides being sick with a sinus infection but I pulled together at the end and did my show because I talked the talk for months being that I was going to do compete and I did! I am my own worst enemy but I have to learn to defeat myself as well as motivate myself which is hard but I think now that I am so determined to be better, to place higher, and to shock the judges and fans with the new package I am going to sculpt in the next few months. Back to the drawing board tomorrow and determined to succeed I told myself and promised myself I was going to achieve my goal of becoming and IFBB Pro in a year and I damn well will bust my ass and kill myself until I am. I am not chasing a title like Miss American or some superficial entitlement I want this because I feel that I can inspire others to do well and that life is too short to not live your dream.

nic902
05-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Congrats on 1st callout and placing in your first national show! That is awesome :cheerleader: I'm prepping for Team U too..Hope to see you there!

"I want this because I feel that I can inspire others to do well and that life is too short to not live your dream." <--- I love this attitude, thats what it's all about!

TonyElTigre
05-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Congrats to you on your very first show I'm sure you are excited about that! I wish you the best of luck in 2013 and hope you see many more successful years in the sport. We need more people like you here to help others out with their goals and achievements. Thanks for posting.

Lauren Triani
07-24-2013, 06:09 PM
I haven't written in my training journal for a while so I am going to give a short update on my plans for the rest of 2013. The current npc show on my list on The National held in Miami Fl in November. Honestly I was sure my season was over and I was going to rest and re group for 2014 but its hard for me to stay away from something I LOVE TO DO which is compete. My prep for Jr Usas really took a tool on my mind. From here to Nov I have plenty of time to prep the CORRECT way. I'm going to start being more active on my journal updates. One thing I have learned during my down time is never forget to put yourself first and that's one thing I struggle to do but new mind set is under construction to take care of myself and live my dreams!