PDA

View Full Version : Cut me a V please

Pages : [1] 2

broadys
12-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Hi all,
hope its ok to start a journal here as I am not a competitor but just love how hardcore this site is and find the unrelenting passion and sacrifices made to achieve top physiques inspiring.

I guess that's my aim to achieve my top physique like I did back in 2008/2009. I was down to approx 125 pd, 13% bf and happy with upper body muscle mass. Lower body always takes a while to respond for me. You look up endomorph in the dictionary and you will find me standing right there waving at you. To say I hoard fat in my lower body is an understatement.

Today as I speak or type as you will I weigh a whopping 155 pds on my small 5ft 4 frame. A little back history on what happened during those last few years.
I suffered a pretty significant back injury which put me out of serious training for a long time. Then I landed my dream job which I had spent the previous 10 years working towards HOWEVER after been in the high stress corporate world for 1 year I had gained nearly 18pds and lost all sense of my true self. Work consumed all aspects of my life - sleep, health and family. The stress eating, long hours and no time for exercise has resulted in person I no longer know. Its like the fun fitness gal in tracky dacks and runners was replaced by a serious woman in corporate wear and court shoes. The constant problem solving and decision making was only made bearable by what I called "choc-o-clock" the daily dip into the top drawer to seek the sugar fix that would see me through the afternoon/evening work load but NO MORE- I am reclaiming my life. I have given up the corporate pay packet and put my runners back on.

Thats me heading off to work a year ago and the 2nd photo is me trying to squeeze into the size 10 jeans now

My Goals
I want to get back into my size 10 levi's, I want more time with my family and I want to be super fit for tough mudder 19 Jan 2013. These are my goals and this is me reclaiming my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Plan
I worked out a long time ago how sensitive I was to carbs, bloating, weight gain, fatigue and "carb coma's" to name just a few symptoms.
I will be doing Dave's female diet a perfect mixture of ketoing and bodybuilding diets. Thankyou Dave.

I am training 5 days heavy weights (I love the iron) and pretty much as much cardio as this endomorph estrogen loving body will tolerate lol.

I have exactly 22 days to tough mudder and need to zap as much fatty crapness off this body as I can in that time. I dont want my team mates to be doing hernias while trying to haul my fat ass over those berlin walls.

I am open for new experiences and always learning!

I am glad to be here

In case your wandering about my journal name, its because I am absolutely 100% dinky di in love with V cuts and no-one does it better IMO than.....

The Prodigy
12-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Welcome to RX Girl!

broadys
12-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Thankyou so much, I have lurking for a long time and I thought it was about time I stepped out from behind the curtain and started participating.

broadys
12-27-2012, 10:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRbOzfxKOY0

Using this clip as a reminder I what I have achieved in the past and a reminder that I can do again I just gota believe its possible.
Cant wait to get that orange headband again

The Prodigy
12-28-2012, 12:13 AM
This is a great place! You will get tons of diet, training and supp advice! We are an open bunch!

broadys
12-28-2012, 01:01 AM
This is a great place! You will get tons of diet, training and supp advice! We are an open bunch!

I do have a question if thats ok re the cheat meal, according to Dave's diet you get 1 cheat meal a week but given how close I am to my event (approx 3 wks) and given how well I feel on keto do you think there is a physical need for the cheat or does it serve more a psychological purpose? Would I achieve greater results by foregoing the cheat meal at this point?

broadys
12-28-2012, 06:47 PM
All is going well, the last 2 days I have trained both mornin and arvo. Body is def sore but I am welcoming back DOMS with open arms means my new training program is having an effect.

LEGS
Morning session
squats - ass to grass form 3 x8
DB walking lunges with kickbacks 3x 8
band abductors- 3 x 12
leg extension 3 x 8
leg curls 3 x 6
standing calf raises 3 x 12
30 min SS cardio

arvo session
1 hr MIIT

My biggest challenge has been getting my 6-8 cup a day coffee addiction down to just 2.

and this is the cup I am likely to drink it in

tankygirl
12-28-2012, 07:16 PM
HI Broadys! can't wait to see your progress!! welcome :)

broadys
12-29-2012, 07:51 PM
HI Broadys! can't wait to see your progress!! welcome :)

Thankyou

broadys
12-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Omlette

shoulders -my favorite gym day
ohead BB press 3 x8
ohead DB press 3x8
side delt raises 6x6
mil press 3 x 6
9 min HIIT

pwo shake
tuna and green salad

and then the diet turns to shit, TOM hit me with a vengeance and then I hit the kitchen with a vengeance, You know dieting would be so much easier if I didn't have these stinkin hormones to deal with. All the good work I have been doing in the gym gone to shit I dont know why I do that to myself. Its not like I have time for these set backs. I am really starting to have serious doubts about doing this event.
Can anyone recommend an anti estrogen that is avail in OZ or any others strategies employ to reduce estrogen?

IslandGirl
12-30-2012, 01:37 AM
Tough Mudder is not a joke! Excited to follow someone training for it! Have fun with it!

broadys
12-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Tough Mudder is not a joke! Excited to follow someone training for it! Have fun with it!

Thanks I am shitting bricks a bit, I am no where near as fit or fabulous as last time I did it at the beginning of this year. I was actually fit enough that I wanted to set myself a real tough challenge and I did it both sat and sun and pulled up not to bad.

broadys
12-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Hit a personal best today, had my husband spot me for the first set just to be sure

chest and tri's

tricep pushdown 6x6
tricep exten 3x 8
bench press (PB 46 pds) 6x6
incline bench press 3x 8

DB flyes 6x6

no cardio due to TOM
Still working on the ketosis thing

swingslammer
12-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Just curious.....why are you cutting out coffee? As long as you don't use a ton of creamer and real sugar?

Good luck though.

broadys
12-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Just curious.....why are you cutting out coffee? As long as you don't use a ton of creamer and real sugar?

Good luck though.

Thankyou for your support,

I do use cream- 2 teaspoons per cup.
I read Dave recommends 2 cups of coffee per day.
I do use a sf caffeine drink pre workout and also 2 hydroxycuts pre workout.
I am a shift worker so have abused coffee in the past to try and keep me awake

broadys
12-30-2012, 09:06 PM
more pics from mudder 2012

broadys
12-30-2012, 09:15 PM
one last pic from the archives

swingslammer
12-30-2012, 10:37 PM
I was night shift for years so I know how you feel, I am a Respiratory therapist. I know that Dave knows better than me and has a better track record but lots of people load up on coffee and caffiene during a contest diet. It has been show to help with fat burning and appetite suppression.

Again good luck and I will be reading along.

broadys
12-31-2012, 07:52 AM
I was night shift for years so I know how you feel, I am a Respiratory therapist. I know that Dave knows better than me and has a better track record but lots of people load up on coffee and caffiene during a contest diet. It has been show to help with fat burning and appetite suppression.

Again good luck and I will be reading along.

How much daily would you recommend?
I am one of those people that staggers to the coffee pot in the morning with 1 eye open and must have my hit of coffee to even start the day.

broadys
12-31-2012, 07:56 AM

Oh oopsy my bad I mean

broadys
12-31-2012, 06:33 PM
19 DAYS TO GO

TRAINING
Biceps- no abs or cardio today due to TOM

BB curls 16 pds 3x 9
DB curls 6x6
ez bar curls- very slow throughout all movements 3 x6
seated DB curls 3 x8
concentration curls- very slow throughout all movements 3 x8

DIET

pro shake, fish oil, AS
PWO pro shake

chicken and salad
chicken and salad
pro shake & low carb trail mix (pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, cashews, almonds, 6 sq lc dark choc)

broadys
12-31-2012, 06:42 PM
So I am starting the new year off the best way I can with a V cut pic

If anyone wants to share the V love with me feel free to drop off a V pic

broadys
12-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Not exactly the warm up I had in mind......

So there I was in my home gym (which opens out onto my front yard) setting up everything ready for my daily workout accompanied by my 13 year old staffy who just loves to lie on the gym floor while I workout when all of a sudden a little boy walks in front of my house with a little sausage dog on a leash. My dog rises from his death bed and starts to sprint after this little pooch which I assumed he thought was a nice little snack. The boy stands there frightened to death as the little pooch breaks free from the leash and starts sprinting up the street as fast as his little legs will take him. Quickly accessing the situation taking into account a scared little boy, a sausage dog running for his life and my old dog who could pop a hip at any moment chasing his snack I sprint off up the street like usain bolt on speed screaming my dogs name at the top of my lungs. This is where the situation then turns into something outa a 3 ring circus my husbands hears my screams and comes running out of the house to help so there is the sausage dog followed by my staffy followed by me still holding the remote like its an olympic batton followed by the little boy still holding a leash with no dog attached followed by my husband all running like lunatics up the street.

Luckily my old dog runs outa steam and I catch up to him 100 meters up the road. The sausage dog has escaped with his life, I stop on the way back to check the boy is ok and head back to my house with my chest pumping outa my throat. I guess you could say I had warmed up and was now ready to workout.

swingslammer
01-01-2013, 03:41 AM
Plenty of people do 1000 mgs a day....that is 10 cups worth.

Check this out.... http://www.energyfiend.com/death-by-caffeine also

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=Caffeine Lastly.......

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeine/HQ00369.......it says several points as "May", most Bodybuilders would say "Will"......Doctors for years said steroids didn't build muscle.....when Bodybuilders knew differant......I think we are just ahead of the curve on this one too.

IslandGirl
01-01-2013, 04:38 AM
Happy New Year!

broadys
01-01-2013, 05:52 PM

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeine/HQ00369.......it says several points as "May", most Bodybuilders would say "Will"......Doctors for years said steroids didn't build muscle.....when Bodybuilders knew differant......I think we are just ahead of the curve on this one too.

Thankyou for taking the time to post this info and resources.

broadys
01-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Happy New Year!

You too,
I had a quiet one as I had to work I know borrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnggggggggggg

broadys
01-01-2013, 05:57 PM
BACK DAY

SLDL 6 x6
lat pulldowns 3 x 12
seated row 3 x 12
single arm DB rows 4 x 6
40 mins cardio

broadys
01-01-2013, 06:10 PM
WEEK ONE PROGRESS

down 2 pds
waists down 2 cm
hip down 1 cm
calf up 1 cm
all other measurements the same

IslandGirl
01-02-2013, 04:31 AM
WEEK ONE PROGRESS

down 2 pds
waists down 2 cm
hip down 1 cm
calf up 1 cm
all other measurements the same

Going in the right direction....keep it up! No time for the weary! YOU CAN DO THIS!

broadys
01-02-2013, 07:00 AM
Going in the right direction....keep it up! No time for the weary! YOU CAN DO THIS!

Thankyou. Yep heading in the right direction and its good to have this place to come to for support, motivation and to talk to like minded people.

Have a training session tomorrow with my tough mudder team so that will be interesting. I gota come up with a plan, I want it to be tough but fun, hmm what can I come up with.

broadys
01-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Big training day today Had legs scheduled in but had to add ab work due to missing it at the start of week.
yay for me I also hit a few PB's

squats 3 x 12
leg ext (80 pds PB) 6x6
standing calf raises (53pd PB)
walking lunges with kickbacks 4 x 8
leg curl super heavy 3 x 4
aductors with resistance band 4 x 12
abductors with resistance band 4 x 12
decline weighted sit ups 3 x 12
hanging leg raises 2 x 12
kneeling cable crunches 2 x 12

9 min HIIT on tready

Diet

6 ew, fish oil, AS
pwo shake
fish oil, blueberries with Sour Cream
tuna and green salad
shake, almonds, pumpkin & chia seeds

My back a little sore today so used my homemade muscle linament before heading off to work, my husband said I smelled like a thai boxer lol.
That reminds me I will have to post some pics of hubby and I at a mauy thai training camp in thailand,

broadys
01-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Training going well

DB overhead press very heavy 6 x 4
mil press very heavy 6 x 4
upright row 4 x 15
side delt raises 4 x 15
mac raise 4 x 15

abs not sore at all from yesterdays workout so did abs again today
weighted cruches, planks, bicylces

40 mins cardio post weights.

broadys
01-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Today I decided to mix things up a bit

light weights higher reps of legs and triceps.

I am feeling pretty tired today considering I had a rest day yest, I dont know if its coz we are in the middle of a heat wave atm that I feel a lil zapped or whether its the amount of training I am doing either way its moments like this that mental fitness comes into play.

broadys
01-04-2013, 11:22 PM
140400Love this graphic

athleticvanessa
01-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Hi all,
hope its ok to start a journal here as I am not a competitor but just love how hardcore this site is and find the unrelenting passion and sacrifices made to achieve top physiques inspiring.

I guess that's my aim to achieve my top physique like I did back in 2008/2009. I was down to approx 125 pd, 13% bf and happy with upper body muscle mass. Lower body always takes a while to respond for me. You look up endomorph in the dictionary and you will find me standing right there waving at you. To say I hoard fat in my lower body is an understatement.

Today as I speak or type as you will I weigh a whopping 155 pds on my small 5ft 4 frame. A little back history on what happened during those last few years.
I suffered a pretty significant back injury which put me out of serious training for a long time. Then I landed my dream job which I had spent the previous 10 years working towards HOWEVER after been in the high stress corporate world for 1 year I had gained nearly 18pds and lost all sense of my true self. Work consumed all aspects of my life - sleep, health and family. The stress eating, long hours and no time for exercise has resulted in person I no longer know. Its like the fun fitness gal in tracky dacks and runners was replaced by a serious woman in corporate wear and court shoes. The constant problem solving and decision making was only made bearable by what I called "choc-o-clock" the daily dip into the top drawer to seek the sugar fix that would see me through the afternoon/evening work load but NO MORE- I am reclaiming my life. I have given up the corporate pay packet and put my runners back on.

Thats me heading off to work a year ago and the 2nd photo is me trying to squeeze into the size 10 jeans now

My Goals
I want to get back into my size 10 levi's, I want more time with my family and I want to be super fit for tough mudder 19 Jan 2013. These are my goals and this is me reclaiming my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Plan
I worked out a long time ago how sensitive I was to carbs, bloating, weight gain, fatigue and "carb coma's" to name just a few symptoms.
I will be doing Dave's female diet a perfect mixture of ketoing and bodybuilding diets. Thankyou Dave.

I am training 5 days heavy weights (I love the iron) and pretty much as much cardio as this endomorph estrogen loving body will tolerate lol.

I have exactly 22 days to tough mudder and need to zap as much fatty crapness off this body as I can in that time. I dont want my team mates to be doing hernias while trying to haul my fat ass over those berlin walls.

I am open for new experiences and always learning!

I am glad to be here

In case your wandering about my journal name, its because I am absolutely 100% dinky di in love with V cuts and no-one does it better IMO than.....

Welcome to RxGirl! Can't wait to follow and see the results of your journey! Keep up and stay in the community to keep up your motivation and always remember your reasons for wanting to be your best!

and...the TOUGH MUDDER?!?! I'm so jealous! I want to do one soooooo fucking bad!

broadys
01-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Hi Vanessa,
thanks for stopping by,
Tough mudder was so much fun last year I am thinking due to be declined fitness level and inclined weight this year is going to be alot more challenging.

Since its least than 2 weeks away I am thinking about switching my workouts to weighted metabolic circuits. I love lifting split heavy but think I can yield better fitness results in the short term with circuits.

I also downloaded an app called zombies run which has been getting good reviews and will try out on my run this week.

Well best I get outa here and go and train before work.

broadys
01-06-2013, 08:24 PM
OMG I had my fat bottom ass handed to me this morning. That workout for f'n hard with a capital F. My garden bed almost ended up with the remnants of my breakfast.
As per my last post I decided to do a metabolic circuit just for a lil extra touch I thought I would do it in a reverse pyramid alternating lower body with upper body and ending with an intense burst. Soooooo heres what I did

squat jumps with dumbells
BB overhead press
bulgarian split squats with 30 pd plates
BB bicep curls
1 min sprint on tready.

I put the fan in front of the tready as a reward while I sprinted my ass off, Heres the view from my tready, I gota say though when you start seeing only 1 tree coz your vision is blurring thats a good sign you are getting tired lol

and heres the aftermath

can anyone say ZOMBIE

broadys
01-06-2013, 08:30 PM

I took on board about the caffeine and this morning I added a shot of coffee and sf caramel to my vanilla protein shake and make a coffee caramel protein frappe.

broadys
01-07-2013, 06:34 PM
I have pulled up pretty sore this morning especially butt and traps.

Since the weather a lil cooler today I thought I might go for a run outside for my cardio.

Can anyone give me some advice on getting shoulder caps. they look super sexy on woman

broadys
01-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Todays workout

TRICEPS
all 6 x 6
DB tricep kickbacks
tricep press pullover
tricep pushdowns
tricep press

12 mins HIIT, upped it by 1 round = 3 mins

will try and squeeze in my run later tonight.

broadys
01-08-2013, 03:49 AM
3.5 km run done,
was pretty smoky due to local fires but I dont have asthma so wasnt a problem for me.

broadys
01-08-2013, 06:36 PM
WEEK 2 PROGRESS REPORT

down another 2 pds (151)
waist down 3 cm
hip down 2 cm
thigh down.5cm
calf up . 5
bicep- no change

broadys
01-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Todays workout

I did another reverse pyramid circuit with the following exercises (10-1)

BB sumo squats
DB side delt raises
lat pulldowns
DB walking lunges with kickback
1 min sprint

I had a lil energy left so did BB standing calf raises. I would really like to get that calf split in the back of leg.

Since I have had no takers on my shoulder cap question I decided to do what I tell my kids to do and "google it". So from what I read it's more to do with the frequency/method of exercises rather than just specific exercises.

found this article
http://www.abbperformance.com/news/how-to-develop-sizable-delt-caps-n1661/

The Prodigy
01-08-2013, 10:52 PM
I have pulled up pretty sore this morning especially butt and traps.

Since the weather a lil cooler today I thought I might go for a run outside for my cardio.

Can anyone give me some advice on getting shoulder caps. they look super sexy on woman

laterals!!!!!!!!

swingslammer
01-09-2013, 03:09 AM
laterals!!!!!!!!

What she said but ..........lift the weights not throw them up. Controlled up and controlled down.

broadys
01-09-2013, 10:00 PM
laterals!!!!!!!!

Thanks, do you think the movement should be straight out to side or sort of pronated or a mixture of both.

broadys
01-09-2013, 10:02 PM
What she said but ..........lift the weights not throw them up. Controlled up and controlled down.

ok ta

heres what they look like atm

broadys
01-09-2013, 10:48 PM
TODAYS WORKOUT

Back and Bi's

lat pulldowns 3 x 8
single arm DB rows 6x6
BB bicep curl 4 x 6
DB seated row 5x6

Didnt do as much with the weights today as I wanted to focus on upping the cardio since not long to go now. I did a 7km run in 40 mins and finished the first mission on the Zombies, run app.

Todays lunch and dinner, I eat half and then wrap the rest for dinner

broadys
01-10-2013, 05:42 AM
I am pretty excited about my latest purchase. Today I got new sneakers and quickdry running top ready for mudder next weekend

broadys
01-10-2013, 06:48 PM
this is my new top, I love it pink and grey such a great color combo.

broadys
01-10-2013, 08:31 PM
TODAYS WORKOUT

legs- I really wanted to focus on tempo and technique this session.

BB squats 6x6. I went slow through the entire movement however I did notice on the upward drives my knees folded in slightly.
DB SLDL's 6x6
leg curls-4 x 6 up quick and then slow & controlled on the downward movement.

Once again chose to do a shorter weight session to have time for more cardio before heading off to work.

30 mins cardio post weights.

IslandGirl
01-11-2013, 02:12 AM
8 more days and then it's time for Tough Mudder! You ready?

broadys
01-11-2013, 09:24 PM
8 more days and then it's time for Tough Mudder! You ready?

Oh man I hope so. Signed my death waiver today so if you never hear from broadys again you know why lol.

We saw a few injuries last year, broken legs, bleeding noses, split heads, smoke inhalation all par of the course I suppose. My team and I all got through with a barrel of laughs and no injuries.

My gf and I got well and truly stuck in the mud, the more we tried to get out the more we got stuck, think quick sand, we could not stop laughing. It took this big burly bloke from another team to come and haul us out.
we looked like this poor bloke

broadys
01-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Todays workout

chest and abs
Bench press 4 x 8
incline DB flyes 6 x 6
kneeling cable crunches 3 x 12
hanging leg raises 4 x 12
incline sit ups 3 x 12
hover work

12 min HIIT

broadys
01-12-2013, 08:43 PM
I am tired today and every muscle in my body is screaming at me so I think I will just do cardio today.

broadys
01-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Yesterday- 40 mins of light kickboxing done.

Todays workout- my fav body part- shoulders

lat raises- slow and controlled 3 x 8
DB mil press 6 x 6 (last 2 sets failed at 5)
delt triad 4 x 8- after this felt like my arms had been bitten by a snake
BB O' head press freaking heavy 4 x 4
12 min HIIT.

I will stop weight training on Wednesday so I have no DOMs on Saturday. I want to go in to event feeling as fresh as possible.

Have massage/reiki booked into 2mro to ensure

broadys
01-14-2013, 09:47 PM
TODAY'S WORKOUT

BB squats 6x6
leg ext 4 x 8
leg curls 3 x 8
RDL's 3 x 12
bulg split squats 3 x 8
cable cruches 3 x 12
incline plate sit ups 3 x 8
hanging leg raises 3 x 12

IslandGirl
01-15-2013, 06:01 AM
I'm excited for you! Your event is coming up fast. Can't wait to see you rock it and see pics too!

sce0027
01-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Hey there!

Your training journal is awesome! I'd love to grow a pair and try the tough mudder competitions. It looks so gruesome, yet fun! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your progress, you look great!

broadys
01-15-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm excited for you! Your event is coming up fast. Can't wait to see you rock it and see pics too!

Thanks for the ongoing support.

broadys
01-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Hey there!

Your training journal is awesome! I'd love to grow a pair and try the tough mudder competitions. It looks so gruesome, yet fun! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your progress, you look great!

Hey thanks for stopping by, they are very grueling but lots of fun too

broadys
01-15-2013, 07:23 PM
WEEK 3 PROGRESS

Well I have nothing, zilch, nudda to report. No change in weight or measurements period- how that is even possible after all the hard work this week I dont know. But onwards and upwards and all that. I have an event to focus on.

Had massage yesterday, she said my hamstrings were that tight I had little nodules in the back of the kneecap. (Explains why the back has been sore these last few days.)Anyway she worked really hard on loosing them up and also through the hips, dont know what I would do without her to keep this body optimally functioning.

Well off to do my last weight session this week.

curvygirl
01-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Hey Broadys!

Just found your journal & sure enough you could not have found a better place for great info, support & great people!

Tough Mudder in t-minus...Hope you have a great experience! Post pics! :D

All the best mama!

p.s. Love your thread name! But I will admit until I saw what you meant...I thought you were referring to the Almighty V-Taper! :D

broadys
01-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Hey Broadys!

Just found your journal & sure enough you could not have found a better place for great info, support & great people!

Tough Mudder in t-minus...Hope you have a great experience! Post pics! :D

All the best mama!

p.s. Love your thread name! But I will admit until I saw what you meant...I thought you were referring to the Almighty V-Taper! :D

Hi curvy girl, great to see you drop by, I read your journal and think the transformation you made is super inspiring.

broadys
01-16-2013, 05:03 PM
So as it turns out I didnt work out yesterday I put the gym gear on, supped up, but my back was niggling and I felt super tired, I ended up leaving work early due to back discomfort and coming home and having a bath.

we are leaving about lunchtime tomorrow as we have a 4 hour car trip to get to the event. Should be a fun road trip with the team.

Was watching the Australian open tennis last night and saw these magnificent guns belonging to aussie girl sam stosur, had to share.

IslandGirl
01-19-2013, 02:17 AM
Sending you amazing vibes for this weekend! Kick A$$ girl!

broadys
01-19-2013, 03:29 AM
Sending you amazing vibes for this weekend! Kick A$$ girl!
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou-I got them vibes
see below post

broadys
01-19-2013, 03:43 AM
Well what a day, was sooo bloody hard, harder than last year but I think that had more to do with my base fitness level than the actual obstacles. I wont lie physically I struggled but mentally I just knew giving up was not an option. So we all survived to tell another mudder tale.

We Saw a really bad injury a guy was jumping trenches just in front of me he slipped on the muddy landing, landed awkwardly and broke his leg. was a bad break his foot was at a right angle to the rest of his leg. A girl also broke her ankle badly and the bone was sticking out of her skin. We were all so lucky to get out of today with no major injuries. We are all walking like we shit our pants because our legs are so sore and full of lactic acid lol.

Last year it took us 4 hrs 30 mins and this year it took us 3hrs & 50 mins so not bad dropping 40 mins off

Heres the before pic of the team

and the after

if you look closely you will see we are all still smiling.

Thankyou to Island Girl and everyone who has given me support and encouragement it was very much appreciated.

On the long drive home I was thinking about my next goals I am tossing up a few ideas so stay tuned for that one.

broadys
01-19-2013, 03:51 AM
heres my new tshirt

IslandGirl
01-19-2013, 05:13 AM
Holy Heck woman! You Rocked it out!!! So stinkin' proud of you! Wow! My hero!

I'll be waiting to hear of your next big goal. 2013 is YOUR year! Don't you forget it!

swingslammer
01-19-2013, 05:53 AM
Well what a day, was sooo bloody hard, harder than last year but I think that had more to do with my base fitness level than the actual obstacles. I wont lie physically I struggled but mentally I just knew giving up was not an option. So we all survived to tell another mudder tale.

We Saw a really bad injury a guy was jumping trenches just in front of me he slipped on the muddy landing, landed awkwardly and broke his leg. was a bad break his foot was at a right angle to the rest of his leg. A girl also broke her ankle badly and the bone was sticking out of her skin. We were all so lucky to get out of today with no major injuries. We are all walking like we shit our pants because our legs are so sore and full of lactic acid lol.

Last year it took us 4 hrs 30 mins and this year it took us 3hrs & 50 mins so not bad dropping 40 mins off

Heres the before pic of the team

and the after

if you look closely you will see we are all still smiling.

Thankyou to Island Girl and everyone who has given me support and encouragement it was very much appreciated.

On the long drive home I was thinking about my next goals I am tossing up a few ideas so stay tuned for that one.

Glad to hear you survived.....those injuries are why I would NEVER do one of these things. I love to be in the gym (I tell people it is my golf) and an injury like that would most likely keep me out for weeks if not longer. I was however in the gym 3 days after having my tricept reattached, doing legs with my arm in a sling!

I will check in to see what you will come up with next??

swingslammer
01-19-2013, 05:58 AM
P.S. I don't want to rain on a parade but it is definately possible that this woman has had a little chemical help to get arms like this?

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=141026&d=1358373671

broadys
01-19-2013, 06:29 PM
P.S. I don't want to rain on a parade but it is definately possible that this woman has had a little chemical help to get arms like this?

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=141026&d=1358373671

You really think so, been so prominent is aussie tennis I am sure she would be drug tested regularly.
Is it not possible for woman to reach this level naturally? The muscle does seem quite "thick" for a better word.

broadys
01-19-2013, 06:34 PM
Glad to hear you survived.....those injuries are why I would NEVER do one of these things. I love to be in the gym (I tell people it is my golf) and an injury like that would most likely keep me out for weeks if not longer. I was however in the gym 3 days after having my tricept reattached, doing legs with my arm in a sling!

I will check in to see what you will come up with next??

I love that you refer to your gym time as golf - classic.
I do know what you mean though, seeing the broken leg in front of me sorta put the wind up me a bit and puts things into perspective.

I only got a few minor injuries/niggles thank goodness

broadys
01-23-2013, 03:19 AM
Have spent the last few days recovering from my ankle injury from TM and I had to take a few days off work as my job requires me to be constantly on my feet. During this I have had a fair bit of time to decide on my new goals and of course have had the opportunity to spend more time with my family which is always nice in a world that oftens becomes too busy.

I also have decided on my next goals
1. I want do graded muay thai. Hubby and I have done training camps in thailand for the last few years and absolutely loved it. We both have brown belts in karate but its time to step it up a notch or 2. Lucky for us there is a Muay Thai gym just around the corner. Dont know how sexy I will look in them shorts tho lol

2. I have signed up for a 12 week body transformation challenge which starts on the 11/2/13.
I seem to do better with "challenges" when I have an end goal. Not hugely sure whats involved but heck I just jumped in with both feet.

3. Read "the art and science of low carb performance" by Dr Phinney which has finally arrived from US. I love how the Low carb movement is really growing and there is becoming so much more information especially relating to athletes, exercise and event performance whilst low carbing. I have had a quick flick through the book and it looks like the info is divided into either endurance or power athletes which helps guide you.

4. Complete my massage therapy course by August with the possibility of a start up business.

I am hoping to get back in the gym tomorrow for upper body weights at the very least. I tend to get a little antsy if I spend to many days outa the gym so its time to move this body again

broadys
01-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Wow feels so good to be back in the gym I did modify usual workout to include more seated work. Of course I had to start back in the gym with my fav body part- shoulders

seated BB o head press 12,12,8,8
rear incline delt raise 12,12,12
standing BB o head press 6,6,6
Db seated side delt raise 6 x6
Db seated mil press 6x6

IslandGirl
01-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Great start being back in the gym. I bet you killed it!

broadys
01-24-2013, 05:35 AM
Great start being back in the gym. I bet you killed it!

definitely felt great

broadys
01-24-2013, 05:41 AM
Started my first muay thai class tonight was really fun, takes a fair bit of coordination tho.I am doing the graded system so it takes about 2 yrs to get to black belt.

I really like my little outfit too

broadys
01-25-2013, 08:57 PM
For todays workout I did a bodypump class with my gf, she is such a good friend as a treat for me she made me low carb chocolate protein balls. I just love how she shares the same passion for fitness and health as I do.

broadys
01-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Got some TM photos sent to me doing some of the obstacles- OMG I cant believe how fat I look in them, I have so much work to do it aint funny. I really hate moments like this when you already dont feel comfortable in your own skin and then you see it there staring at you in picture form that you look worse than you already feel.

IslandGirl
01-27-2013, 01:40 AM
Cute! Cute!

THINK positive!!! Plus in those photos you weren't trying to look all cute and sexay. You were DOING WORK! Give yourself some slack. Not many people can do TM. I sure can't. So keep your chin up and look at areas that you need to start changing. Already your workouts and keeping active is in action. Let's look at your nutrition. Journal your foods for a couple of days and let's look to see where you could make some changes.

broadys
01-27-2013, 05:57 AM
Cute! Cute!

THINK positive!!! Plus in those photos you weren't trying to look all cute and sexay. You were DOING WORK! Give yourself some slack. Not many people can do TM. I sure can't. So keep your chin up and look at areas that you need to start changing. Already your workouts and keeping active is in action. Let's look at your nutrition. Journal your foods for a couple of days and let's look to see where you could make some changes.

I am happy to journal my nutrition for your suggestions

Right now with my nutrition I have dropped the weekly cheat meal and attempting to get ketogenic with my low carbing. So predominantly for the last week (since tough mudder finished) I have been eating proteins and fats- aiming for 60 % fat intake and about 150g protein per day

On reading the art and science of low carb performance by Dr Phinney I noticed that perhaps I dont vary my fats enough. My fat sources are predominantly saturated in the form of dairy and animal meats. I am a big meat girl I do not like seafood at all. I can come at a can of tuna max couple times a month but I dont like fish in any form tinned, white, cold, grilled or fatty. I do supplement with fish oils daily though.

The proteins I mostly eat are chicken, steak/red meat and eggs. I could all of them to the cows come home lol. Oh and protein powder I love the stuff. I can make alot of good things with protein powder

(The only time I dont have a fat with protein is immediately post workout.)

I have learnt over the years I do not tolerate carbs well at all. I have had 2 x coaches in the past who tried carb cycling but I bloated like a fat cow and we had to change the diet. I seem to react worse to grains (especially oats and bread both of which I quite like) and higher GI fruits eg like bananas (which I really like too btw). I do seem to tolerate starchy veggies the best out of all the carbs eg pumpkin/potato

Stay posted for my menus and thanks for the help.

broadys
01-27-2013, 06:25 AM

broadys
01-27-2013, 06:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hooid1LJ9Kc
so adorable

broadys
01-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Todays workout

Was joined by my gf again today so we did a Weighted circuit 5 rounds with DB's (added challenge was to complete circuit without putting DB's down)

SLDL
lying tricep press
walking lunges with kickbacks
step ups
tricep pushups holding DB's (see pic)
punching bag work (jabs, uppers and hook combo's)

Finished workout with 45 minute kickboxing combo's

Its Australia Day public holiday here today so no Muay Thai class on tonight but will go tomorrow instead.

broadys
01-28-2013, 05:18 PM
YESTERDAYS NUTRITION
12 hr IF

m1- protein shake & fish oils
m2- 5 oz red meat, avocado, 1/2 tomato, tsp sour cream
m3- omlette
m4- protein shake & fish oils, 1/4 cup nuts
m5- cheese

cals 1405
fat 92, 66%
pro 90, 29%
carb 17, 5%

Sunnyday
01-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Just catching up on your journal. Wow, girl! I am so proud of you for achieving your TM goal and beating your last year's time!

Love that you keep setting goals to keep the drive alive. :) I'm in for the long haul now.

How you doing with the coffee habit?

broadys
01-28-2013, 09:20 PM
m1

m2

broadys
01-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Just catching up on your journal. Wow, girl! I am so proud of you for achieving your TM goal and beating your last year's time!

Love that you keep setting goals to keep the drive alive. :) I'm in for the long haul now.

How you doing with the coffee habit?

Hi Sunnyday
glad you dropped by
based on swing's comments I decided to keep the coffee so I average about 6-8 a day depending on shift work. I factor the cream into my daily fat intake

IslandGirl
01-29-2013, 01:33 AM
YESTERDAYS NUTRITION
12 hr IF

m1- protein shake & fish oils
m2- 5 oz red meat, avocado, 1/2 tomato, tsp sour cream
m3- omlette
m4- protein shake & fish oils, 1/4 cup nuts
m5- cheese

cals 1405
fat 92, 66%
pro 90, 29%
carb 17, 5%

So this is just the beginning right? Need to increase calories. Cheese is not a meal. :D Add some protein to that. At least some chicken 4 oz, or no less than 6 whites. How many eggs/whites were used for your omelette?

btw, that pic of you is bad a$$! Delts look amazing!

broadys
01-29-2013, 06:34 AM
So this is just the beginning right? Need to increase calories. Cheese is not a meal. :D Add some protein to that. At least some chicken 4 oz, or no less than 6 whites. How many eggs/whites were used for your omelette?

btw, that pic of you is bad a$$! Delts look amazing!

I am entering week 2 of diet now, my hunger has started to drop and I am doing about 11-12 hr IF's. In the past at the peak of ketoland I can quite easily IF for 16-18 hrs. The Things I find I really like about ketoland- no hunger, no cravings, improved mental clarity and improved PMT symptoms. I plan to continue to at least I start the 12 wk challenge.

I have 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites in omlette,
well spotted re the cheese. I actually ate a huge ass spoon of cream cheese straight from the container just before I went to bed.

I cannot stand to go to bed hungry with my shift work I eat all over the shop in terms of hours. This week has been predominantly evening shifts so I have been eating from midday to midnight. I sometimes get home at 1130 pm then shower, eat, have a cuppa and wind down so I may eat my last meal at 1 am then go off to sleep about 3 or 4 am then sleep in to 11 and have meal meal 1 at 1 or 2pm the next day. Other times I might finish work at 11pm and have to be back at 7 am so I will use protein powder or bars instead of trying to find time to cook.

I am thinking about buying a heart rate monitor- if others use them, I would be interested to hear your opinions on this.

broadys
01-29-2013, 06:50 AM
TODAYS NUTRITION

m1-protein balls (cashew nut butter & choc protein powder)
m2- protein shake and fish oils
m3- omlette
m4- chicken curry and vegetables

cals 1435
fat 70g 69%
carbs 7g, 3%
pro 63g, 28%.

workout
1hr of muay thai.

Sunnyday
01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Agree with Tracy...appears to me you need to need to increase calories. I love egg whites right before bed. From freshly cracked eggs not out of the carton (bblecchhh).

broadys
01-29-2013, 06:14 PM
PROGRESS REPORT

weight down 1 pd (150)
waist down 1 cm (77)
hip down 0.5 cm (94.5)
thigh down 0.5cm (63)
all rest the same
calf (35.5)
bicep (32.5)

Monthly progress dec-Jan
down 3 pds
waist down 6 cms
hip down 3.5cm
thigh down 1 cm
total= 10.5 cms

So making progress, slowly slowly.
I am just gona keep on swimming or pushing/pulling in my case.
Have a great day peoples

broadys
01-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Agree with Tracy...appears to me you need to need to increase calories. I love egg whites right before bed. From freshly cracked eggs not out of the carton (bblecchhh).

I have been slowly upping them from 1200 cals.
I havent seen carton egg whites in Oz- sounds a bit weird. I like to add splenda and cinnamon to mine. I am a real sweet tooth.

TonyElTigre
01-29-2013, 07:57 PM
I think its great that you started a journal that's the first step in starting
something great. What is your nutrition like? How many times are you eating?
How many meals a day are you consuming regularly? Let me see if I can help

broadys
01-29-2013, 07:58 PM
TODAYS WORKOUT- courtesy of Tracy

Alternate BD bicep curls 14pds DB 6x6
Ez bar 27 pds 9,7,8,6,4
Preacher 22 pds 10,7,7,6
PinWhls 14 pd DB 6,7,7,6

Finished with 30 mins muay thai.

I went to see my masseur yest and for the second visit in a row she said my hammies were extremely tight and that can impact on my lower back injury. She suggested I do some extra stretching of legs and back.So gona add this to the schedule.

broadys
01-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Starting to see changes in waist, lot more work to do on hip/thighs- (spoken like true endomorph)

broadys
01-29-2013, 08:18 PM
I think its great that you started a journal that's the first step in starting
something great. What is your nutrition like? How many times are you eating?
How many meals a day are you consuming regularly? Let me see if I can help

Hi, Glad you following along,
At the present nutrition is keto based (half way through week 2) so I eat predominantly fats and proteins. Aiming for 60%+ fats, 5-10% carbs & around 30% pro.

Meals are not set in stone- I eat when hungry and stop when I feel satisfied but probably averaging between 4-6 eatings a day depending on what shifts I am working. My patterns do show that at the moment I eat in a 12 hr window but I do expect that to change as I become more ketogenic and hunger drives diminish.

broadys
01-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Ok so I am uber excited right now, I got my fighter girls stuff from the US. I am a such a nerd I get more excited about buying workout gear than a frock.

Pink t-shirt (front)

back

singlet

love the logo- fight like a girl- damn right I do

and finally my car sticker

swingslammer
01-30-2013, 02:49 AM
Was listening to this today while doing cardio and thought of you.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NjbGr2nk2c

curvygirl
01-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Swinging by to catch up! :)

Congrats on the TM! Looks like you had a muddy dirty blast of a time!

Awesome shot from Jan 27th! :D

Looks like you are keeping on very strong with your training and diet. And how cool to be a “fighter girl!” Love the outfit and the new shirts!

I am thinking about buying a heart rate monitor- if others use them, I would be interested to hear your opinions on this.

I invested in a new heart rate monitor just before I started my prep. For me it is a great tool to keep me on track and to keep track of my expenditures, especially when I am doing cardio. My main purpose/concerns: 1.To make sure I am working hard enough to get my heart rate up and into the right training zones 2. To make sure I am in a “fat” calorie burn mode when doing cardio. 3. To track all of my workout expenditures, both cardio & when lifting.

I bought a Polar FT60 monitor and thus far it has been invaluable!
http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/improve_fitness/fitness_crosstraining/FT60

Keep on Killing it!

broadys
01-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Was listening to this today while doing cardio and thought of you.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NjbGr2nk2c

Ha Ha thats Golden SwingSlammer
I gota make a confession, flashdance is one of my favorite movies of all time, my hubby always tells me I am stuck in the 80's.

TonyElTigre
01-30-2013, 09:06 PM
I think this is a great start to a journal you are on the right track
I would keep tracking your progress as you go just like you are doing
keep up the good work and if you need anything please let us know ok?

broadys
01-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Swinging by to catch up! :)

Congrats on the TM! Looks like you had a muddy dirty blast of a time!

Awesome shot from Jan 27th! :D

Looks like you are keeping on very strong with your training and diet. And how cool to be a “fighter girl!” Love the outfit and the new shirts!

I invested in a new heart rate monitor just before I started my prep. For me it is a great tool to keep me on track and to keep track of my expenditures, especially when I am doing cardio. My main purpose/concerns: 1.To make sure I am working hard enough to get my heart rate up and into the right training zones 2. To make sure I am in a “fat” calorie burn mode when doing cardio. 3. To track all of my workout expenditures, both cardio & when lifting.

I bought a Polar FT60 monitor and thus far it has been invaluable!
http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/improve_fitness/fitness_crosstraining/FT60

Keep on Killing it!

Glad to hear you like your polar I was looking at the polar FT7 but TBH I dont know a lot about them but could see that they would be an accurate tool. Do you wear all day or just during workout. eg I read that 2 hrs post weights is when fat burning is occuring at its peak. So would this information show up on the heart monitor?

broadys
01-30-2013, 09:42 PM
Nutrition yest
12 hr IF

m1- protein shake
m2- egg drop soup (broth, 6 egg whites)
m3- chicken and salad, olive oil dressing
m4- chicken and salad, olive oil dressing
m5- mixed nuts, ham, cheese

cals- 1373
fat 91g, 61%
carb 24g, 7%
pro 109g, 32%

hitting %'s nicely all in the ball park of where I am aiming.

swingslammer
01-31-2013, 03:23 AM
I think Flash Dance is the female Rocky story......and I am inspired by anyones struggle, be it male or female. I always go for the under dog.

Keep posting and keep inspiring!

broadys
01-31-2013, 06:03 AM

Thankyou for the offer it is very nice of you.
I Feel like I am just starting to hit the right spot, especially getting on top of the nutrition which was always my downfall. I think for me eliminating the cheats/carbs and IF'ing are key. With carbs I find the more I have the more I want so total avoidance especially during cutting phase is best.

I am really enjoying muay thai classes and feel the potential to grow as a fighter is boundless. I have so much to learn. We did 5 rounds of sparing tonight and I was buggered. I was the only girl in the class and I was given the option to sit out of sparring but I thought ah heck might as well get in there and give it a go against these 9 burly blokes, actually they were quite good with me and didnt hand me my ass on a plate to badly.

broadys
01-31-2013, 06:10 AM

Thankyou for the offer it is very nice of you.
I Feel like I am just starting to hit the right spot, especially getting on top of the nutrition which was always my downfall. I think for me eliminating the cheats/carbs and IF'ing are key. With carbs I find the more I have the more I want so total avoidance especially during cutting phase is best.

I am really enjoying muay thai classes and feel the potential to grow as a fighter is boundless. I have so much to learn. We did 5 rounds of sparing tonight and I was buggered. I was the only girl in the class and I was given the option to sit out of sparring but I thought ah heck might as well get in there and give it a go against these 9 burly blokes, actually they were quite good with me and didnt hand me my ass on a plate to badly.

broadys
01-31-2013, 06:31 AM
I think Flash Dance is the female Rocky story......and I am inspired by anyones struggle, be it male or female. I always go for the under dog.

Keep posting and keep inspiring!

ty, will do

broadys
01-31-2013, 09:16 PM
YEST NUTRITION
5 feedings
cals 1473
fat 96g, 65%
carb 25g, 8%
pro 91 g, 27%

TODAYS WORKOUT
So it was chest/tri day today but given I need to work on my muay thai techiniques I decided to combine them all together.I designed a MMA chest/tri circuit doing lying and standing tri extension, press pullovers, bench press, dips, tricep and chest pushups and MMA work like jabs, uppers, hooks, knees, elbows and kicks. It was super fun I really enjoyed it and you know your having fun working out when suddenly you look at the clock and realise and hour has past so finished off with some abs and cool down to this song, kinda cheesy but was in the mood for a bit of cheese after all that work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAfxs0IDeMs

I am also looking at buying some muay thai equipment skin guards, boxing gloves and shorts. You can use the ones at the gym but would much prefer my own girly cutesy stuff

Thought these were super cute

broadys
01-31-2013, 09:59 PM
I had a great day yesterday, first of all it was a day off work for me so had a nice long sleep in.Secondly my workout was a little different than usual, the family decided to have a hit of tennis together the funny part was our dog decided to join in and spent a better part of 45 mins running back and forth up the road trying to get the ball, I swear he musta got really dizzy the poor ole thing. After tennis my 15 yr old son and I had a "bench off" to see who could lift the most % of body weight for 2 reps. I won but then we moved on to a "pull up off" and he won that, so all in all even stevens at our house. Then we all sat down together for a healthy meal of chicken and salad. I really cherish these days when we can come together as a family.

broadys
02-01-2013, 09:10 PM
WHY OH WHY..
Do people insist on torturing me. This huge ass box of chocolates was on the staff meal table when I came to work and as a self confessed chocoholic this is temptation at its best. I mean they expect me to sit there and eat my healthy meal in front of that. Its not like I could even put it in the fridge like I do with other treats left on the table because it was too big. I mean it takes up half the table for butts sake.

Here's the thing it was a double threat because yesterday I was feeling more tired and hungry than usual and it would have been so damn easy just to dive into chocolate piece after chocolate piece BUT I did not. Where I summoned that self control from I will not know but I sat there and ate my egg whites whilst drooling over and dreaming about how good that brown gold aka chocolate would taste.

In this case abstinence was a girls best friend coz I can remain in ketoland.

broadys
02-01-2013, 09:21 PM
YESTERDAYS NUTRITION

M1-protein shake and fish oils
M2- Egg and bacon toasted sandwich using Homebaked low carb bread
m3- egg whites and cheese
m4- Chocolate mousse (whipped cream with chocolate protein powder)
m5- mixed nuts, ham, 2 sq sf chocolate

cals 1666
fat 98, 56%
carb 19, 5%
pro 152, 39%

broadys
02-02-2013, 08:12 PM
TODAYS WORKOUT

Once again I did a mix up, I am hyperactive by nature and need to constantly change things up to stay engaged/challenged.

HEAVY
Hack squats 3 x 12
sumo squats 6x6
leg curls 10,9,9,8
standing calf raises 3 x 12

LIGHTER MORE REPS
lunges
squats

CARDIO
10 mins post weights.

STRETCHES
due to my doggy back injury I spent more time doing lower back and leg stretches post weights as advised by my masseur.

broadys
02-02-2013, 08:18 PM
REFERENCE
http://health.ninemsn.com.au/fitness/exercise/8223525/top-fat-burning-exercises

What's a simple, easy, effective work-out for the biggest fat-loss effects? For years they used to recommend uber-long sessions of cardio. You'll still see many women (and men) in the gym today slogging it out for hours on treadmills, bikes or cross-trainers with the intense desire to lose that stubborn weight that has hardly shifted since commencing their cardio program (http://health.ninemsn.com.au/fitness/exercise/8223525/top-fat-burning-exercises#).
Why isn't cardio the most effective exercise for fat loss (http://health.ninemsn.com.au/fitness/exercise/8223525/top-fat-burning-exercises#) and the maintenance of fat loss?

Aerobic exercise raises your metabolism for up to 12 hours after exercise. High-intensity sprints or resistance exercise (using weights) raise the metabolism for up to 48 hours. Really intense weightlifting raises the metabolism for up to 72 hours.
The body becomes really energy-efficient with lower-intensity aerobic exercise, so you end up burning fewer kilojoules next time you do that exact same 5km on the treadmill.
Loads of aerobic exercise stimulates the production of stress hormones, which break down tissue. So distance runners are skinny, but have more body fat and less muscle mass than a sprinter as the stress hormones break down muscle as well as fat. You're still leaner than if you did no exercise at all, but in comparison to a sprint athlete, you're a skinny-fat person!

The results of the exercise science study
I was involved in an exercise science study at the University of Sydney where we compared the difference between intermittent sprinting and continuous exercise at a lower intensity. We came up with the following observations:

There was three times more bodyweight loss for the sprint group, while performing only around half the total amount of exercise.
Higher intensity sprint training results in greater oxygen consumption (during and after exercise), greater heart-rate response, higher levels of circulating catecholamines (adrenaline), burns more energy per unit time, raises metabolism for longer and recruits a higher percentage of muscle fibres within the working muscle.
For the same amount of external work completed by both study groups, sprint training came out as energy-inefficient in comparison, which here is a good thing!

Mix a bit of sprint training with weight training to burn off the fat. More muscles are correlated with a higher metabolism, and they also look good

broadys
02-03-2013, 12:10 AM
To go with post #117

Afternoon session- body combat class followed by 10 mins ab work.

broadys
02-04-2013, 12:38 AM
TODAYS WORKOUT

BACK
cable rows 12,12,10
single arm bent over rows 8,8,8,7
lap pulldowns 6,7,8,7,6
unweighted chin pulls 12,12,12

20 mins yoga, legs sore from yest session so really wanted to focus on stretching and lengthening
60-75 mins of muay thai training tonight

Sunnyday
02-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Cool that you had the opportunity to participate in that study. :)

Back training looked great!! Nice work on those chins!

sce0027
02-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Awesome study! I believe the sprints and weightlifting combination has a lot to do with why sprinters look a lot more muscular and leaner than marathon runners, for instance. It's activating different muscle fibers and the diets for both have a lot to do with that as well. I'm learning a lot here! Have a great week!

broadys
02-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Cool that you had the opportunity to participate in that study. :)

Back training looked great!! Nice work on those chins!

Sorry for the misunderstanding that study was an excerpt so the I was the author. I think the only study I would be good at, is any involving chocolate lol.

I get the 12 week transformation program in a few days so I wonder what exercises they will have me doing? I hope there are at least a few days of weight training.

broadys
02-04-2013, 11:30 PM
Awesome study! I believe the sprints and weightlifting combination has a lot to do with why sprinters look a lot more muscular and leaner than marathon runners, for instance. It's activating different muscle fibers and the diets for both have a lot to do with that as well. I'm learning a lot here! Have a great week!

The whole sports science and nutrition stuff is so fascinating and I think alot more studies are now been done.
If I had to run a marathon I think I would fall asleep half way from boredom. My Type A personality means doing the same thing over and over drives me crazy.

broadys
02-06-2013, 03:56 AM
TRAINING
Was a hard day of training today.

AM SESSION
Heavy Bi's
biceps curls (upped my DB's by 2 pds) 7,7,6,6,6
EZ Bar 6,6,6,5
Preacher Curls very slow pace 12,12,12
incline curls- wow these really hit the spot bi's were burning by this stage 5,5,5,4

Followed weights with jogging on tready for 15 mins/

PM SESSION
75 mins session Personal Training with my Muay Thai instructor. He took me through some ring sparring and said I was fighting like a girl lol.

I am like what the F...,it was pretty intimidating facing up against a kick boxing champion, I just channeled the angry PMT biatch that sometimes lives inside of me and got to trying to smack his ass.

I was absolutely tired with a capital F by the end of this session.

broadys
02-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Yay so I have done a little more fitness shopping- think I may be developing a real problem in that department lol. Dont tell hubby it will be our lil secret
It will be "Oh darling these shin pads I have in the wardrobe for ages" thing.
Heres what I got
shorts, skins, gloves and heart rate monitor.

broadys
02-06-2013, 10:26 PM
TODAYS WORKOUT

reverse pyramid weight circuit

squat jumps
DB milpress
DB walking lunges with kick backs
tricep DB press
pushups
sit up
45 sprint on tready

This took me 30 mins & according to HRM burned 231 cals

I then did 40 mins of turbojam for a total of 310 cals

110 mins exercise = 541 cals burned

I got my new training program today which offically starts on Monday and it looks like mostly weighted circuits and tabatha training for the week.

I wonder what will happen with my muscle mass doing this type of training, because they are weighted I hope at the very least I will maintain my current muscle???

broadys
02-07-2013, 06:33 PM
NUTRITION

I am still on track with macs
fat 65%, 73g
carb 9%, 22g
pro 26%, 67

I am a little miffed though I had to upgrade my scales to digital and they read that I am 1-2kg heavier than my old dinosaur scales. SO that means I have been getting around heavier than I thought I was. Blah whatever it is what it is no use losing my shift over it I just gota continue to

broadys
02-08-2013, 11:12 PM
YESTERDAYS WORKOUT

It my favorite day and you all know what that is- SHOULDERS baaabbbbyyyy
DB 10 side delt raises- slow 8,8,8,8
BB 44 pds o head press 6,5,4,5,5
delt triad (superset side raise with supinate position, front raise, mil press) 8,8,8,8
incline rear delt raise- 8,8,8,8

finish with 15 min HIIT on tready. 360 cals burned loving the new HRM.

broadys
02-09-2013, 10:18 PM
I been doing some really interesting reading in Ben Greenfield's book- guide to achieving your ideal body based on body type workouts. I tell you in this fitness industry there is always something to learn.

Todays workout
A1. BB A2G squats 15 x4
A2. cable tricep pushdowns 6x4

B1.BB 3/4 sumo squats 15x4
b2. BB tricep press pullover 8x4

c1 DB step ups with kickbacks 15 each leg x 4
c2. tricep kickbacks 8x4

35 mins of combat

YEST NUTRITION
cals 1550
fat 80g, 53%
carbs 37g, 11%
pro 129g, 37%

So not a great day really too little fat and way to much protein and slightly to much carb. Yesterday was my exercise rest day so I do find that I eat differently than workout days.
I start my new training program tomorrow. off to work now hope everyone is having a great weekend.

broadys
02-11-2013, 09:27 PM
NUTRITIONAL KETOSIS
Things are going really well. I have been doing a fair bit of reading about NK and exercise and comparing "the guidelines" to what I am doing and for the most part I am doing really well.

However I have identified 2 improvement I would like to make

1. varying my fats throughout the day to make sure I am including for the most parts all types of fats eg SFA, MUFA, PUFA

2. I have been little heavy handed with protein and I think I can afford to lower it since I am not so weight focused with my new training regime. This seems to be a key component into reducing the risk of gluconeogensis.

I have started retesting my blood ketones to see what effect if any implementing these changes will bring.

I have definately noticed an improved mental clarity, I dont feel like I need to have as many hours of sleep and for the most part feel extremely energetic. I feel a bit like the energiser bunny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD8sAo-dw_4

sce0027
02-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Glad to hear everything's going relatively well for you! Have a great week!

broadys
02-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Glad to hear everything's going relatively well for you! Have a great week!

Thanks so much, you too.

broadys
02-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Yesterdays challenge was to burn a 1000 cals doing exercise.

You could say I settled on an MMA theme
I did a body combat class in the morning with abs (380cals)

In the arvo I had a personal training session with my muay thai instructor booked in, let me just say I will NEVER EVER for as long as I live challenge him to make me burn 500 cals in 1 session again. He decided on 3 mins kickboxing rounds with 30 secs rest in between each round. I DID 15 ROUNDS. I was in a world of pain on the verge of spewing, my shins are bruised to the hilt and my shoulders were burning from me trying to hit him so hard coz apprently I hit like tinkerbell, (couldnt help but laugh at that one. ) 1hr=580 cals

I wish this red face was from sunbaking in the bahamas- no this is what 15 rounds with a kickboxing champion looks like.

In the evening I fronted up to my usual muay thai training class and burned 480cals in 75 mins.

food was pretty good, have got the protein into better parameters the fat part I am still working on.

Blood ketone fasted was 0.3 and 0.8 2 hrs post exercise. The aim is to have a fasted 0.5 so I am in ketosis all day not just part. Still work in the kitchen to do.

broadys
02-14-2013, 11:00 PM
PROGRESS

down another kilo.
pic taken in dec as per post 1 of this blog
pic taken today in the same jeans

IslandGirl
02-15-2013, 04:47 AM
Definitely making progress! Woot!

broadys
02-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Definitely making progress! Woot!

I am wooting way over here in down under with you.

broadys
02-15-2013, 10:07 PM
YESTERDAYS WORKOUT
WEIGHTS
triceps and legs

BB squats 10x10
BB 1/2 squats 3 sets to failure 15,15,15

cable tricep pushdown 10 x 10
1/2 movement 3 sets to failure

leg extensions 10x10
bottom 1/2 ext 3 sets to failure

bb tricep extensions 5x10

burned 236 cals in 53 mins
HIIT tready 3 mins cycle x 5= 113 cals in 15 mins

NUTRITION
fasted 13.5 hrs
blood ketone levle fasted 0.2
2 hr post workout 0.7

cals 1378
fat 94g, 78%
carb15g,6%
pro 45g, 16%

Hit macs exactly, getting the hang of what is required of me now.

TODAYS WORKOUT
Woke late today 11 am which was good as I haven't been sleeping all that well lately due to the building works going on next door. Felt good to "catch up" but did mean I had to reduce workout time from 1hr to 45 mins before work

BB bench press 20 kg ,12,8,8
sprint 1 min
DB flyes 5 kg 15,15,15
1 min sprint
incline DB press 6 kg 15,15,15
1 min sprint
10 kg pec dec 12,12,15
1 min sprint
knee push ups 30,30,30
1 min sprint
33 mins= 157 cals

HIIT on tready 3 x3 mins cycle, walk/jog/sprint = 9mins =60 cals

total workout approx 45 mins just over 200 cals.

IslandGirl
02-16-2013, 12:29 AM
I am wooting way over here in down under with you.

Nice! I need a partner! No turning back!

broadys
02-17-2013, 07:48 AM
WORKOUT
I Had a great workout today, high energy kickboxing with some great music. I went old school music today and thoroughly enjoyed the change from my usual techno stuff. I am talking mc hammer you cant touch this, rebel yell, hitman and eye of the tiger (of course), It's amazing how music can sink to the depths of your soul and make you feel extra happy and motivated.

broadys
02-17-2013, 07:55 AM
WORKOUT
I Had a great workout today, high energy kickboxing with some great music. I went old school music today and thoroughly enjoyed the change from my usual techno stuff. I am talking mc hammer you cant touch this, rebel yell, hitman and eye of the tiger (of course), It's amazing how music can sink to the depths of your soul and make you feel extra happy and motivated.

YESTERDAYS NUTRITION
cals 1779
fat 132, 81%
carb 13g, 4%
pro58g, 16%

IslandGirl
02-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Nothing like good 'ole school music! Sometimes I'll be listening to it at home and my kids are like, "Mom. What is that?" LOL Hey, we had some good tunes back then! At least I could figure out the lyrics not like some of the music now-a-days. I'm like, are they singing in english? Dang!

How is progress coming along?

athleticvanessa
02-17-2013, 10:34 PM
..... they look super sexy on woman

OMG! I think so too! I'm so jealous of people who can build pretty easily on the shoulders. I lacked severely in this area when I first began competing and still am working on them three years later. I try to train my shoulders at least twice a week. One day is moderately heavy, mostly presses...then I work different angles at a moderate weight on the other day of the week.

broadys
02-18-2013, 06:59 AM
Nice! I need a partner! No turning back!

It would be an honor (she says jumping up and down, pick me, pick me)

broadys
02-18-2013, 07:01 AM
OMG! I think so too! I'm so jealous of people who can build pretty easily on the shoulders. I lacked severely in this area when I first began competing and still am working on them three years later. I try to train my shoulders at least twice a week. One day is moderately heavy, mostly presses...then I work different angles at a moderate weight on the other day of the week.

Yours look pretty damn fine to me. great tips though thanks a lot. Its weird coz I think I have rear and front going ok but mid delt non existent baby.
Maybe a should post a pic and have you more experienced girls critique.

broadys
02-18-2013, 07:16 AM
How is progress coming along?

Loving your new avi by the way, killer arms!

Progress is going really well. I guess I am viewing it not just from a weight loss perspective. I am slowly but surely moving those scales down and averaging about 1kg or 2.2 pounds a week.

I am absolutely loving my diet, I love the foods I can eat, I love that I dont feel starving, I love that the food is full of flavor, I love that I am not suffereing from what I call carb comas, I love that I am not craving anything even my most treasured food - chocolate. In fact I have not eaten anything other than low carb for 5 weeks, no cheat meals, no cheat days, no cheating period. Feels awesome to gain back control of what I put in my mouth.

I am seeing changes in my clothes also, on one pair of my work pants I couldnt even button up before - now I can and on the other I am pinning the waist due to looseness. And as previously posted I got my "goal" jeans done up, they dont feel comfy yet but I am getting there.

The biggest progress though is I am starting to feel like the old broady is emerging and my confidence is growing again. I am getting back the body and mental strength that I once had.

I am aware I have a ways to go still but I will continue to push, make smart choices and take back control.

I appreciate everyone's support here at RX

broadys
02-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Well ladies, how do you like yours?

sce0027
02-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Hey there! Glad to see you're doing well. Hope you're having a great week!

IslandGirl
02-22-2013, 03:12 AM
I was LOL'ing when I read you said you have to pin one of your pants. That reminded me of one of my clients who was making really great progress and she said one day she was running across the street to get to work and her pants was falling off of her...almost to her knees. haha

That is a good sign! CELEBRATE!

broadys
02-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Hey there! Glad to see you're doing well. Hope you're having a great week!

Thanks, you too

broadys
02-22-2013, 07:26 PM
I was LOL'ing when I read you said you have to pin one of your pants. That reminded me of one of my clients who was making really great progress and she said one day she was running across the street to get to work and her pants was falling off of her...almost to her knees. haha

That is a good sign! CELEBRATE!

It's sorta funny you train hard eat well and nothing seems to happen but then bam like magic you wake up one morning and your pants no longer fit. lol

Went for my usual back maintenance massage and reiki yesterday, first thing she said to me is "you've lost weight". These are the small recognitions that keep you pushing forward.

sce0027
02-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Hey there! Glad to see you're making some great progress! How often do you go for your massages? Are they deep tissue massages? I'm getting my first one ever next Thursday and I'm scared to pieces!

broadys
02-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Hey there! Glad to see you're making some great progress! How often do you go for your massages? Are they deep tissue massages? I'm getting my first one ever next Thursday and I'm scared to pieces!

I get them approx 2-4 weekly depending on how my back is feeling and how much training I have done. I have a chronic back injury (prolapsed disc l4-s1 with a permantly pinched L sciatic nerve) that needs alot of maintenance. My chickee babe is fantastic I have so much trust in her she does remedial, trigger, reiki and relaxation. Each time will vary of how much of each is done depending on my body. This week for example she did alot thru my lower back, L hip, butt and leg because my injury was playing up, other times I may be overstressed with work and the huge load I take on so she does reiki, realigns shakras and relaxation.

Dont be scared, embrace it, think of it as a reward for all your hard work, its a way of thanking your body for doing such great work for you. Of course its important to find someone you are comfortable with coz lets face it you gota drop trowel for them, I always joke to my chickee she sees more of my naked butt than my husband. Let me know how you like it?

swingslammer
02-23-2013, 12:48 AM
Good progress.........and I like the "Work hard, be patient".

broadys
02-23-2013, 04:22 AM
Good progress.........and I like the "Work hard, be patient".

exactly SS

heres a progress pic I took today

broadys
02-24-2013, 04:40 PM
I have out these past few days with TOM, I am one of those lucky women who gets it pretty bad. I usually rotate between the bed and the couch for the first few days and its a time when I am most vulnerable to cravings. I usually crave the combo of sugar and fat so think cream buns and copious amounts of chocolate and I could literally steal a chocolate bar out of a little kids hands and eat it in one mouthful. (I know I am pure evil)

However since I have been in ketoland for about 5 weeks now the cravings were not as bad and whilst I didnt stick to clean keto whole foods I did manage to get through my TOM cravings with low carb treats. Skinny cow ice-creams and atkins chocolate saved my estrogen loving ass from destroying all my hard work over these last few weeks. I am so happy I won the battle of the hormones this month and since I am so well rested from spending days on the couch I am ready to hit the gym with a vengeance this morning. See you all on the sweat side.

broadys
02-24-2013, 07:10 PM
TODAYS WORKOUT

so happy to get my ass back in the gym, love the feeling of sweat pouring off me,

IslandGirl
02-25-2013, 12:11 AM
I've never ever experienced PMS. I never had those cravings like a lunatic woman on her sweet tooth crack. haha But I watch this with my daughter (she's 18) and so funny because every month I'll see her rummaging through the pantry and I know she's looking for her monthly chocolate fix. I wasn't one to hold water or bloat up like a water buffalo either. But I did get crampings which sometimes that would literally make me stay out of the gym esp if it was leg day.

Just wanted to tell you that I got your e-mail and have responded. Hope you got it.

broadys
02-25-2013, 07:29 AM
I've never ever experienced PMS. I never had those cravings like a lunatic woman on her sweet tooth crack. haha But I watch this with my daughter (she's 18) and so funny because every month I'll see her rummaging through the pantry and I know she's looking for her monthly chocolate fix. I wasn't one to hold water or bloat up like a water buffalo either. But I did get crampings which sometimes that would literally make me stay out of the gym esp if it was leg day.

Just wanted to tell you that I got your e-mail and have responded. Hope you got it.

so jealous re no PMT, I know heres an idea do you wana swap bods
yep got it thanx bloody time zones or hemispheres or whatever it is, I think that I am like a day ahead of you guys.

broadys
02-25-2013, 07:52 PM
I was in the mood for heavy today so did back and tri's and since the weather was cooler today decided to take advantage of that and go for a run.
35 mins heavy weights = 170 cals
40 mins outdoor run = 327
total 497

I also have muay thai training tonight so another chance to burn some great MMA calories while kicking some girly butt.

I lost 1.5 kg this week (3pds)

Sunnyday
02-25-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm a lot like Tracy regarding the PMS. I don't bloat badly and I don't get the cravings but I do get cramps enough to put me on the couch the whole week! The pill for me is the only way I get through it. Makes leaning out extra-fun with all the extra hormones but I'll take working harder over those debilitating cramps any day! Sorry for peeps like you that get couch-bound PLUS the cravings and bloat. I feel for ya.

broadys
02-26-2013, 05:44 AM
I'm a lot like Tracy regarding the PMS. I don't bloat badly and I don't get the cravings but I do get cramps enough to put me on the couch the whole week! The pill for me is the only way I get through it. Makes leaning out extra-fun with all the extra hormones but I'll take working harder over those debilitating cramps any day! Sorry for peeps like you that get couch-bound PLUS the cravings and bloat. I feel for ya.

You got it in a nutshell, just means harder work but that only makes you stronger.

broadys
02-26-2013, 06:00 AM
My darling little gf is at it again making me some scrumptious lc food

This week she made me chocolate and banana pnb protein balls. yeah aha you know it they are the tickety boom in my low carb world ya'll.

On a more sweaty note muay thai training was hard tonight especially in this heat. I burned 560 cals in just over an hour.
I am getting heaps better at thrust knees demonstrated here, a definite advantage of having big hips is I can drive more power.I knocked back the male holding the pad tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5I9eictCR4

broadys
02-26-2013, 06:05 AM
What I am not very good at is jump knees which I was busting my batootie tonight trying to master. These are one of the most lethal strikes in muay thai so I hope I can get it soon. I think I looked more like drunk auntie doing the macarena.
here is what the authentic ones look like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Sj8eGL_n0

broadys
02-26-2013, 07:24 PM
To workout or Not... that is the question.

Today I woke sore and pretty tired, tried to muster the energy to workout but just couldnt make it happen. Are these the times I should listen to my body and rest or are these the times when I need to grow a pair and just make it happen?
Do others struggle to get in the gym sometimes or I am just turning soft in my old age????

Sunnyday
02-26-2013, 08:31 PM
There are days when I struggle too. But somehow I lose that feeling as soon as I walk in the gym and see everyone else killing it. So I remind myself that if I take the day off then I've lost the day and I will be kicking myself later. If I get inside the gym there is at least a chance I will put in a decent training session. :)

broadys
02-27-2013, 09:32 PM
There are days when I struggle too. But somehow I lose that feeling as soon as I walk in the gym and see everyone else killing it. So I remind myself that if I take the day off then I've lost the day and I will be kicking myself later. If I get inside the gym there is at least a chance I will put in a decent training session. :)

Thanks for your input its always good to know what strategies other people use to push through

TonyElTigre
02-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Congrats on starting a journal that is really taking the best first step that you can take
I would suggest using myfitnesspal to track your calories and also try using a good
nutrition plan to kickstart your metabolism. Good luck on your journey to healthy living

broadys
02-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Yesterday was a real struggle day for me I felt sore, drained and tired but did manage to get through my evening shift at work last night and fell asleep on the couch at about 1 am. I didnt get woken up to 9 am so Oh my 8 hrs of pure sound blissful sleep makes such a difference, I feel like a completely different person today.

My gf joined me in the "broadys" gym this morning and we did a light weight session followed by kickboxing. It was heaps of fun and I still have ample energy left for muay thai training tonight. Infact I feel so good I hope we have a smash session.

I will continue to monitor the fatigue not sure 100% where its stemming from. Possibly because I am not sleeping as much with the building works going on next door or could even possibly be a catch 22 of ketosis in that it diminishes hunger/calorie intake

My interest in food atm is about 0 most days, I am IF'ing between 12-16 hrs at least a few days a week but according to my fasting blood ketone numbers I am still not officially in ketosis eg 0.5 according to Dr Phinney's book. So maybe the fatigue might be coming from me just sitting on the fence of ketosis, I am hitting all my macs as per the guidelines but the fasting BK number just wont push over 0.5.

On the positive side of ketosis I am seeing great progress and others are noticing it too. At work this week I have had a least 3 or 4 people comment. I am not craving anything and as a self confessed carboholic this is perhaps the best part of ketosis especially in the brink of easter stuff aka delicious choccy been everywhere in the shops

The other possilbe factor is the bloody heat down here I seem to be permanently dehydrated and sweating my cute curvy ass off all the time so maybe my electrolytes could be off. I seem to be drinking more than a camel but I might up the salt and see if there is any difference.

Anywho to rely on an old army saying I will adapt and overcome.

Enjoy your hump day

broadys
02-28-2013, 05:41 AM
TODAYS WORKOUT

All 12 reps / 3 sets

hack squats
lat pulldown

bench push up
SL squats

DB step lunges
DB tricep kickbacks

leg ext
DB lat raises

leg curls
DB bicep curls
= 35 mins 140 cals
finished with 45 mins of kickboxing = 297 cals

Muay thai training 60 mins = 434 cals
my freaking triceps are screaming, we did 130 tricep pushups on our knuckles tonight.

broadys
03-02-2013, 03:15 AM
Congrats on starting a journal that is really taking the best first step that you can take
I would suggest using myfitnesspal to track your calories and also try using a good
nutrition plan to kickstart your metabolism. Good luck on your journey to healthy living

Hey there, MG
I do use MFP for food and use a HR monitor to track workouts
Thanks for stopping by

broadys
03-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Took the weekend off from training and spent the time with the family. We went to the international airshow we had a great chance to see the US airforce F22 raptor fighter jets in action. What an amazing piece of machinery
I also think I gota a little too much Vit D
regardless we had fun.

I also got a chance to do some cooking. I made a low carb banana bread and low carb malteser cheesecake

broadys
03-05-2013, 06:10 PM
I am over the sunburn and back into training. Last night I burned 703 cals at muay thai, thats the biggest amount so far but we did do a fair bit of ring fighting.

I wonder as a natural how much muscle it is possible to put on in a month? I am fitting into all my "smaller clothes" and measurements are down but scale weight is higher approx 2kg than last time when I was fitting into these same clothes. Might need to make this my next google project. The body is such a fascinating machine.

todays fav song- yes people we are going back to the 80's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVZOLV9SPo

broadys
03-05-2013, 06:37 PM

Progress pic.

broadys
03-05-2013, 08:15 PM
In keeping with my endomesomorph body type workouts here's what I got up to today

all lower body exercises are 3 set x 12 reps
upper body is 6 x 6

sumo squats
tricep pushdown
hack squats
lat delt raises
SLDL
alt DB bicep curl
reverse lunge of step (3x10)
bradford press
leg ext
leg curls

330 cals

broadys
03-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Today was an MMA circuit with a twist, I stole the card idea from Bob Harper.Basically you assign 4 exercises per card suit, picture cards are worth 10 reps and ace's 11 and the rest are face value. You turn a card over and do that specific 'suit' exercise for that amount of reps and keep going until all the pack of cards are turned over. I did the circuit with my gf so we utilised focus mitts and kickshield partnering work.

All I can say is thank god there is only 2 jokers in a pack.
We finished the circuit off with 10 mins abs.

Sunnyday
03-06-2013, 09:14 PM
^That card idea is AWESOME! I am going to use that at some point and put my own spin on it. Thanks for sharing this!

broadys
03-07-2013, 06:14 PM
^That card idea is AWESOME! I am going to use that at some point and put my own spin on it. Thanks for sharing this!

No probs

At muay thai training last night my trainer told me I have gota stop punching for points (eg my old karate sparring days) and start punching for power and going in for the knockout.
The positive thing is he said I have obviously got muscles (yay all my hard work is paying off) but I punch like tinkerbell (Hmm I never knew tinkerbell did martial arts)

This is what my fists look like after 45 mins punching with 16oz gloves on

I also noticed from this pic that most of the bruising is occurring on the outer part of the hand instead of been focused on the first 2 knuckles. I only burned 420 cals last night as it was less cardioish and more technique based.

More and more I am starting to realise that I may need to add a yoga/stretch element into my training especially with my back injury and I am told it will help decrease muscle soreness.
Heres the thing I have never been into it coz I believed it was for soft people who didnt want to sweat or feel pain when they workout. I always thought if I was going to spend time training then I would get the most out of it with weights, cardio and sweat plus.
I saw a thread on here titled yoga a bodybuilders best friend and most people had positive things to say about it so I may have to suck it up and add it in. Whats the best way of incorporating it into the workout schedule eg have a designated day or put it 10 mins at the end of bodypart training days. ????????

broadys
03-10-2013, 09:51 PM
After 7 weeks I finally bite the bullet and had a carb up. Felt great.

Todays workout
CHEST, TRI'S AND LEGS
bench press 10,9,10
SLDL 12,12,12

incline bench press 8,8,8
DB sissy squats 12,12,12

DB flat flyes 8,10,9
sumo squats 12,12,12

decline tricep ext 10,11,8
pistols 12,12,12

tricep cable pushdowns 8,6,6
calf raises 12,12,12

close grip bench press 10,8,8
DB step ups with kickbacks 8,8,8 each leg

12 min MIIT on tready.

broadys
03-10-2013, 09:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edP0L6LQzZE

Todays fav workout song

broadys
03-12-2013, 02:02 AM
TODAYS WORKOUT - my fav day

OHP 10,8,8
DB seated mil press 8,8,7,6,6,6
incline front raise 6,6,6
rear delt raise 8,9,8
delt triad 12,12,12
cable crunches 12,12,12
hanging leg raises 12,12,12
decline weighted sit ups 12,12,12

12 min HIIT on tready

Fav workout song for today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n60uGwnJao

broadys
03-12-2013, 07:17 PM
PROGRESS REPORT

Since the start of this journal 3 short months ago I have lost 8 pds (155 to 147) and 15 cms off my body and 2 dress sizes.

My goal was to
1. reclaim my life and spend more time with my family - check (feeling more and more like my old self again and being a positive healthy influence on my kids lives)
2. get back to regular exercise - check (exercise at least between 4-6 days a week and having a blast)
3. get back into my size 10 levis- check (feels so fantastic)
4. be super fit to complete tough mudder - check (I wasnt superfit but I got through ok)

So I have achieved all the goals I stated on post 1 of this journal, so what now.....
is it time to quit this journal, fade into the back ground, rest of my laurels, be happy with my what I have achieved and stay stagnant ???????????

OH HELL NO, its time to set new goals, to continue to learn and be inspired by the strong women on RX, its time to enter phase 2 of my transformation.

broadys
03-12-2013, 10:38 PM
TODAYS WORKOUT

BACK,BI & LEGS
seated rows 10,8,10,8,10,8
BB squats 10,12,12

lat pulldowns 8,8,8
leg ext 12,12,12

DB walking lunges with kickbacks 12,12,12
chin ups on squat bar 10,10,10

EZ bar curls 6,6,6,6,6,6
leg curls 12,12,12

incline DB curls 10,12,12
calf raises 12,12,12

alt DB curls 8,8,8,8,6,6
reverse lunges off step 12,12,12

Sunnyday
03-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Great job hitting your goals! :cheerleader:
Do you have any idea what new goals you will set?

broadys
03-13-2013, 11:49 PM
Great job hitting your goals! :cheerleader:
Do you have any idea what new goals you will set?

No not really.
I do know 2 things I love to lift weights and eat low carb but I am not exactly sure what to do with that.
I'd probably like to put on more muscle so I may do an anabolic type diet with heavy lifting but then I am going to thailand in Jun so it might be nice to cut a bit more fat especially for those lazy days lying by the pool or at the beach in my swimmers.

I dont think a comp is not a viable option for me right now due to the lower body fat problems with my estrogen dominance health issues but on a positive note I am focusing on a few strategies to assist with improving this;

1. I definately have to cut the coffee to max 2 a day. I read a report that said that 4 + cups of coffee will result in 70% increase in estrogen. Also a naturopath recommended that I dont drink the instant coffee as the chemical process of changing the coffee can result in built up toxins in the body.So I have been to buy an expresso coffee machine

2. Excess estrogen in the body is excreted by the bowel so I am focusing on foods that improve gut health/fibre/hydration etc

3. Liver health- Eating foods that keep the liver healthy can help the liver reduce the estrogen dominance within the body. Foods such as onions, garlic and egg yolks are good for the liver because they contain sulfur. The George Metaljan Foundation, ("World's Healthiest Foods"), states that it is sulfur compounds that give the liver the ability to get rid of toxins such as pesticides and liver damaging medications. Other foods that aid in liver detox are lemons, limes, spinach, leafy greens and Brussels sprouts.

4. My doctor and I are also discussing some new progesterone treatment options. He stated my overall health is great my pulse is 58 so he said I am obviously very fit, Blood pressure is perfect and I am within my BMI healthy weight range.

5. Also looking at supplementation including magnesium which helps with progesterone production. Another sign of magnesium deficiency is craving chocolate which has always been my go to food especially around that TOM so we are addressing this issue

6. Nutrition wise I am not doing to bad eg I already eat organic eggs, grass fed beef and no processed food or refined sugars but I can make some minor improvements eg decrease the amount of chicken consumption (which are usually pumped with estrogen).

At the moment I dont feel I am getting much reward for effort in terms of my healthy lifestyle so I am hoping by addressing these health issues I will see some vast improvements with my body composition.

broadys
03-15-2013, 07:38 PM

More clothing progress, wore a pair of size 10 jeans yesterday that I havent been able to wear for about a year. Feels so fantasticals
I see a few minor changes in lower body also.

So for this week I low carbed 6 days and had my cheat last night. (spaghetti bolagnase, bread, and dessert was ice-cream and chocolate). After the meal I had to go lie on the couch talk about been hit by a carb coma I felt my heart rate increase and I felt so sleepy.I am obviously not one that can hold up an intelligent table conversation after all them carbs.

broadys
03-15-2013, 10:50 PM
TODAYS WORKOUT
bench press 12,12,12
SLDL 12,12,12

incline bench press 12,12,12
sissy squats 15,15,15

DB flat flyes 6,6,6,5,7,6
sumo squats 12,12,12

standing plate tricep ext 12,12,12
pistols 12,12,12

cable tricep pushdowns 5,5,5,5,5,6
BB standing calf raises 13,15,15

close grip tricep press 8,8,8,8,8,8
DB high step ups with kickback 8,8,8

finished with 45mins kickboxing and 10 min stretching focusing on lower body.

broadys
03-17-2013, 10:23 PM
SO SO SO EXCITED right now I got my delivery from thailand- my hot pink and black custom made boxing gloves whoot woo, now I can truly fight like a girl. All you see is a hot pink blur coming toward your face and then BAM knockout girl style.:hypno:

nic902
03-17-2013, 10:37 PM
PROGRESS REPORT

Since the start of this journal 3 short months ago I have lost 8 pds (155 to 147) and 15 cms off my body and 2 dress sizes.

My goal was to
1. reclaim my life and spend more time with my family - check (feeling more and more like my old self again and being a positive healthy influence on my kids lives)
2. get back to regular exercise - check (exercise at least between 4-6 days a week and having a blast)
3. get back into my size 10 levis- check (feels so fantastic)
4. be super fit to complete tough mudder - check (I wasnt superfit but I got through ok)

So I have achieved all the goals I stated on post 1 of this journal, so what now.....
is it time to quit this journal, fade into the back ground, rest of my laurels, be happy with my what I have achieved and stay stagnant ???????????

OH HELL NO, its time to set new goals, to continue to learn and be inspired by the strong women on RX, its time to enter phase 2 of my transformation.

Hey lady!
Just getting caught up with the journals and the ladies here, LOVE that you set goals and check them off!

Here's to setting some new ones and surpassing them!

broadys
03-23-2013, 04:20 AM
Hey lady!
Just getting caught up with the journals and the ladies here, LOVE that you set goals and check them off!

Here's to setting some new ones and surpassing them!

Hey there Nic, nice to see you. I am a big 'list' girl, I like to write lists and check them off. Lists help me to stay focused and acts as a visual reminders of what my intended goals are. I have actually made a decision this week on what my next set of goals will be.

broadys
03-23-2013, 04:51 AM
I have been MIA with that bloody dreaded monthly thing again, it hit me pretty bad this month along with my usual symptoms I also had nausea and back spasms to deal with. I have been to see my GP and I start on a new treatment regime this month so fingers crossed.

This week has been a total washout, 3 days I was in my jimjams rotating between bed and couch and the other day I pottered around the house trying not to let boredom sent me to the nut house.
Today was the first workout all week. Heres what I got up to
LEGS AND BI'S

DB walking lunges with kickbacks 20,20,20
EZ bar curl 8,8,8

leg ext 10,12,12
alt DB curls 12,12,12

sumo squat 12,12,12
single (http://thelowcarbpocketrocket.blogspot.com.au/#) arm DB preacher curls 6,6,6

30 min metabolic circuit.

and I also prepped food for the next few days. So all organised in that department.

Ok so my NEW GOALS
I have decided since I am going to beautiful thailand soon that I will do another keto cut and also since I will be attending a muay thai training camp while we are there I want to focus on improving my kickboxing techniques and Cardio fitness.

1. TRAINING I have developed a training program consisting of 4 day split followed by either/and metabolic circuit/HIIT. The weight portion will include an upper body and lower body superset exercise with a focus on 'heavier weight lower rep upper body' and 'lighter weight higher rep lower body' (in line with endomoprh training recommendations) . The metabolic circuit will include mostly exercises from the body part I am training for that day and pylos, cardio bursts etc. HIIT will either be hill sprints or done on the tready.

2. NUTRITION Back to keto land for me but with a twist. I will focus on eating Keto foods for my health (foods as stated in post 185) in a hopes of reducing my estrogen which will aid in reducing lower body fat.

3. COFFEE I have reduced coffee consumption down to 3 a day from 6-8 and replacing with a new tea that I am absolutely loving an organic green tea with jasmine. It wasnt an easy habit to break though. As a shift worker coffee has always been my go to drug for survival so reducing that habit by half was damn hard. I am sure I was not nice to be around for those initial few days! I am also no longer drinking instant I have a spanking new machine that with the press of one button is dispensing me my delicious hot cup of morning coffee. Oh how I love you my coffee machine

wish me luck girls I hope implementing these changes will be rewarding and beneficial. Let the journey begin

nic902
03-24-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm not a coffee drinker, but I am a caffeine junky! I do not envy you for cutting back, hopefully the withdrawal doesn't hit ya too hard.

broadys
03-24-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm not a coffee drinker, but I am a caffeine junky! I do not envy you for cutting back, hopefully the withdrawal doesn't hit ya too hard.

thanx

broadys
03-24-2013, 09:40 PM
TODAYS WORKOUT
BACK
1 arm DB rows 8,8,8,8
seated row 8,8,8,8
lat pulldown 8,8,8,8
bar chin ups 8,8,8,8
close grip lat pulldown 8,8,8,8

30 min metabolic circuit

Did the workout in my new shorts, they are so girly girly I love them.

broadys
03-24-2013, 11:14 PM
TODAYS FOOD

bacon & veggie eggs & brussel sprouts

veggie snacks, dip & salami

broadys
03-25-2013, 08:03 AM
meal 3- PWO
meal 4- sausage, 3 small meatballs, roasted cabbage, zucchini
meal 5- greek yoghurt, splenda and toasted almonds
meal 6- pnb protein balls

3 coffee

broadys
03-26-2013, 06:49 AM
CARDIO ONLY TODAY
am
45 mins of step aerobics, 10 min stretching

pm
75 mins muay thai training.

curvygirl
03-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Hey Grrrrl! :D

I am loving the pink shorts & most awesome boxing gloves!

I am sorry to hear that competing is out for you right now. But I totally understand how hard it is to fight one's natural genetic makeup! Not to mention that when "stage ready" we are not in a healthy state per say! Pretty ironic huh?! I totally acknowledge that I have been very fortunate genetically to be able to do what I have without crazy chemical enhancement.

Your new goals sound solid! Even though I am still solidly in prep mode, I have already started working on my post competition planning. It really is true that "Victory loves preparation!" So having a solid plan should hopefully lead to success! And ultimately being healthy is the top top priority when out of show mode!

Stay Strong & Stay Healthy Mama!
Peace!

broadys
03-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Yesterday was a complete rest day for me. No work or workout period.My hot little bod needed a rest big time

You could say my legs responded extremely well to the step aerobics (which I hadn't done in about 10 years I reckon). My calves and inner thigh were screaming it was a painful but nice feeling. You know that feeling when every step hurts and your walking style resembles that of someone who may have pooed their pants. BUT at the same time that pain serves as a constant reminder that you are making changes to that part of your body and for me my focus right now is all about the lower body baby. So it was a happy pain, (what kind of sicko I am lol)

It also demonstrates to me the beauty of mixing things up both mentally and physically and the importance of keeping my body responding to different workouts.

TODAYS WORKOUT
LEGS & TRI'S

DB SLDL 8,8,8
cable pushdowns 6,6,6,6,6,6

close grip bench press 8,10,10
DB sissy squats 12,12,12

DB 1/2 sumo squats 15,15,15
DB floor press 12,12,12

1/2 pistols 15,15,15

Finished with 15 mins HIIT (pylo circuit) and 10 mins stretching.

broadys
03-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Hey Grrrrl! :D

I am sorry to hear that competing is out for you right now. But I totally understand how hard it is to fight one's natural genetic makeup! Not to mention that when "stage ready" we are not in a healthy state per say! Pretty ironic huh?! I totally acknowledge that I have been very fortunate genetically to be able to do what I have without crazy chemical enhancement.

Stay Strong & Stay Healthy Mama!
Peace!

You have a great physique and are a constant source of inspiration to me.
I am really hoping I see results from these changes because my next option is a referral to a gyne for possible surgery. My poor gf is going in for a hysterectomy next week for very similar girly issues as me so I really really hope what I am doing will work and I don't have to go down that path.

broadys
03-29-2013, 08:04 AM
NUTRITION
NUTRITION
meal1- pwo shake
meal2- greek yoghurt with fresh straw & blueberry with toasted almonds

meal 3- sausages x2, 3 small meatball, zuch & brussel sprouts
meal 4- nuts & seeds
meal5- salami, 4 x pnb balls

3 x coffee

The Prodigy
03-29-2013, 04:29 PM
I have been MIA with that bloody dreaded monthly thing again, it hit me pretty bad this month along with my usual symptoms I also had nausea and back spasms to deal with. I have been to see my GP and I start on a new treatment regime this month so fingers crossed.

This week has been a total washout, 3 days I was in my jimjams rotating between bed and couch and the other day I pottered around the house trying not to let boredom sent me to the nut house.
Today was the first workout all week. Heres what I got up to
LEGS AND BI'S

DB walking lunges with kickbacks 20,20,20
EZ bar curl 8,8,8

leg ext 10,12,12
alt DB curls 12,12,12

sumo squat 12,12,12
single (http://thelowcarbpocketrocket.blogspot.com.au/#) arm DB preacher curls 6,6,6

30 min metabolic circuit.

and I also prepped food for the next few days. So all organised in that department.

Ok so my NEW GOALS
I have decided since I am going to beautiful thailand soon that I will do another keto cut and also since I will be attending a muay thai training camp while we are there I want to focus on improving my kickboxing techniques and Cardio fitness.

1. TRAINING I have developed a training program consisting of 4 day split followed by either/and metabolic circuit/HIIT. The weight portion will include an upper body and lower body superset exercise with a focus on 'heavier weight lower rep upper body' and 'lighter weight higher rep lower body' (in line with endomoprh training recommendations) . The metabolic circuit will include mostly exercises from the body part I am training for that day and pylos, cardio bursts etc. HIIT will either be hill sprints or done on the tready.

2. NUTRITION Back to keto land for me but with a twist. I will focus on eating Keto foods for my health (foods as stated in post 185) in a hopes of reducing my estrogen which will aid in reducing lower body fat.

3. COFFEE I have reduced coffee consumption down to 3 a day from 6-8 and replacing with a new tea that I am absolutely loving an organic green tea with jasmine. It wasnt an easy habit to break though. As a shift worker coffee has always been my go to drug for survival so reducing that habit by half was damn hard. I am sure I was not nice to be around for those initial few days! I am also no longer drinking instant I have a spanking new machine that with the press of one button is dispensing me my delicious hot cup of morning coffee. Oh how I love you my coffee machine

wish me luck girls I hope implementing these changes will be rewarding and beneficial. Let the journey begin

Love the new goals! I am a caffeine junkie....but because of my ADD it causes me to chill out instead of gain energy! Kinda backwards huh?

The Prodigy
04-01-2013, 08:14 AM
CONGRATS ON TRAINING JOURNAL OF THE MONTH!

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleade r::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

AND congrats on reaching your goals!!!!! Thank you for being such an integral part of RX Girl! Your journal is inspiring and motivating. Thank you for supporting us all in our journeys to the stage and toward reaching our goals.

Keep it up!!!!

Your new goals are within arms reach!!

PFEPerformance
04-01-2013, 10:05 AM
congrats girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome job!!

nic902
04-01-2013, 10:36 PM
CONGRATS LADY!!!!!!! :cheerleader:

Sunnyday
04-01-2013, 11:11 PM
:cheerleader:
Big Congrats on JOTM, girl!

broadys
04-02-2013, 03:53 AM
OH WOWSA THANKYOU SO MUCH

I was scrolling down looking for my journal and couldnt find it, then bam there is was at the top. I am so excited. I feel so privileged to have a training journal here and be amongst not only some top athletes but top people who are welcoming, inspirational and highly motivated.

Oh wait please tell me this isnt an aprils fools joke lol

Seriously thankyou to everyone and this just makes me want to drive harder to be better.

broadys
04-02-2013, 03:58 AM
Love the new goals! I am a caffeine junkie....but because of my ADD it causes me to chill out instead of gain energy! Kinda backwards huh?

you dont have irish in you do you ? lol
I just love been ADD dont you!

broadys
04-07-2013, 07:13 PM
For the past week I have been a complete and utter failure to my healthy lifestyle

This past week has been crazy hectic, I have been filling in for the boss at work so my hours doubled the stress level quadrupled and I slipped back into bad habits so quickly. The same habits that resulted in the way I looked in post 1 of this journal. To say I am dissapointed in myself is an understatement. I am such an emotional eater. The 8+ coffees came back, the afternoon chocolate came back, the not eating all day coz I am too busy came back coupled with the fact I am starving by the time I leave work so call in an get take out on the way home came back, the no time for gym came back. Thank god it was only a week. The facts plain and simple is I failed, I suck at working long hours and keeping a healthy lifestyle. BUT I suppose that was the main driving reason for me stepping down from my promotion and recognising whats important in life. So this weeks its all about recommitting for me......

nic902
04-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Don't be too hard on yourself :hugme:
We've all hit bumps in the road, use this as a reminder of how good it feels when you're treating your mind and body well. Focus on making tomorrow a good day and it will all come back together.

broadys
04-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Don't be too hard on yourself :hugme:
We've all hit bumps in the road, use this as a reminder of how good it feels when you're treating your mind and body well. Focus on making tomorrow a good day and it will all come back together.

Thanks Nic,
you are so right its amazing how different you feel when you are treating your body right.

back in the gym today, felt sooooooooooooo gooooooooooood, welcome back broady

DB stiff leg dead lift (I have to be super careful with these with my back so I usually go super duper slow) 6,6,6,6
DB milpress 6,6,6,6
DB bulg split squat 8,8,8,8
bench press 8,8,8,8
leg ext 8,8,8,8
cable tricep pushdown 6,6,6,6

For cardio- I have muay thai training tonight

broadys
04-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Todays favorite workout song by the hot aussie DJ Havana Brown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWRZhw9_UK4

The Prodigy
04-07-2013, 11:03 PM
you dont have irish in you do you ? lol
I just love been ADD dont you!

Nope..not Irish....sowee!

PFEPerformance
04-09-2013, 01:24 PM
For the past week I have been a complete and utter failure to my healthy lifestyle

This past week has been crazy hectic, I have been filling in for the boss at work so my hours doubled the stress level quadrupled and I slipped back into bad habits so quickly. The same habits that resulted in the way I looked in post 1 of this journal. To say I am dissapointed in myself is an understatement. I am such an emotional eater. The 8+ coffees came back, the afternoon chocolate came back, the not eating all day coz I am too busy came back coupled with the fact I am starving by the time I leave work so call in an get take out on the way home came back, the no time for gym came back. Thank god it was only a week. The facts plain and simple is I failed, I suck at working long hours and keeping a healthy lifestyle. BUT I suppose that was the main driving reason for me stepping down from my promotion and recognising whats important in life. So this weeks its all about recommitting for me......

Don't beat yourself up girl!! We ALL have "moments" that things go nuts (and ourselves right along with it...LOL) See it for what it is, recognize your stressors, and move on! New week....New day.... it's all good!

If you have another week like that, if you don't already - maybe prep and pack your food and have your cooler filled with your healthy food with you throughout your day.

Best of luck to you!

broadys
04-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Don't beat yourself up girl!! We ALL have "moments" that things go nuts (and ourselves right along with it...LOL) See it for what it is, recognize your stressors, and move on! New week....New day.... it's all good!

If you have another week like that, if you don't already - maybe prep and pack your food and have your cooler filled with your healthy food with you throughout your day.

Best of luck to you!

Good tips, I seem to loose all sense of balance when I am faced with long hours and high stress. I suppose on a positive note it did reinforce to me that I made the right decision by giving up the job and proving that having a balanced healthy life is so much more important than money and prestige.

broadys
04-09-2013, 09:20 PM
TODAYS WORKOUT a quickie but a goodie

DB Single leg dead lift 8,8,8,8
OHP 8,8,8,8
DB sumo squats 15,15,15
side delt raise 8,8,8,8
DB walking deep lunges with kickbacks 12,12,12,
DB mil press 8,8,8,8

TODAYS MOTIVATIONAL VIDEO IS PURE AWESUMNESS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=4C4K5qCL7Ww

I would so love to do this, man I am such a tomboy, nothing fires me up for than a feisty fighter girl ready to take on the world one MMA move at a time.

broadys
04-13-2013, 07:11 AM
What a big week it has been down under for me

on a negative note I have hit the unwell trifector, I have my vengeful usual bad PMT symptoms, my back and in particular sciatic pain was amped up more than usual and then I got a bloody cold just to top it all off. So workouts have been non existent this week but sometimes I just gotta stop and listen to what my body is telling me.

On a more positive note;
Firstly everyone knows how much I love coffee and keto diets well I stumbled across something called bulletproof coffee online which combines both of these concepts. I am still been a very good girl and sticking to 2-3 cups max a day.

Secondly my son turned 16, I just cant get my head around the fact I have a 16 year old, I mean when did that happen. He is currently studying for his driving test. I will be telling everyone to head for the hills when he gets on the road. Yikes I will have a son who drives...

and lastly I have been offered a new job which is brillant. Since stepping down from been the Director of Nursing I have been floundering a bit wondering what I will do next. I knew that having a long term hands on nursing career was out of the question due to my back injury and doing all the heavy aged care nursing makes my back ache alot but I was really unsure what I was going to do next. This new job is all admin and with flexible hours. The organisation I have worked for for 10 years have been brilliant in catering to my needs. I basically get to set what hours/days I want to work - how fantastic is that I just need to make sure by the end of the week the work is done.

Well in a nutshell thats it from down under for now

nic902
04-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Congrats on the job offer! It sounds like the perfect fit for you.
Sorry you're not feeling well, but you're being smart and listening to your body..the rest will do wonders for you and you'll be back, better than ever in no time!

The Prodigy
04-17-2013, 11:41 PM
What a big week it has been down under for me

on a negative note I have hit the unwell trifector, I have my vengeful usual bad PMT symptoms, my back and in particular sciatic pain was amped up more than usual and then I got a bloody cold just to top it all off. So workouts have been non existent this week but sometimes I just gotta stop and listen to what my body is telling me.

On a more positive note;
Firstly everyone knows how much I love coffee and keto diets well I stumbled across something called bulletproof coffee online which combines both of these concepts. I am still been a very good girl and sticking to 2-3 cups max a day.

Secondly my son turned 16, I just cant get my head around the fact I have a 16 year old, I mean when did that happen. He is currently studying for his driving test. I will be telling everyone to head for the hills when he gets on the road. Yikes I will have a son who drives...

and lastly I have been offered a new job which is brillant. Since stepping down from been the Director of Nursing I have been floundering a bit wondering what I will do next. I knew that having a long term hands on nursing career was out of the question due to my back injury and doing all the heavy aged care nursing makes my back ache alot but I was really unsure what I was going to do next. This new job is all admin and with flexible hours. The organisation I have worked for for 10 years have been brilliant in catering to my needs. I basically get to set what hours/days I want to work - how fantastic is that I just need to make sure by the end of the week the work is done.

Well in a nutshell thats it from down under for now

Tell me more about Bulletproof coffee!

curvygirl
04-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Hey Mama!
Sorry it has been too long since I stopped by! Woot Woot on the weight drop! It has to feel pretty darn good to get into jeans that fit nicely! :D

15 rounds with a kickboxing champion
I cannot imagine! LOL! That takes some serious stamina & endurance! Good on you! Red face or no, looking very pretty!

I love my heart rate monitor. We shall not be parted anytime soon! It is a motivating tool as well as something that keeps me honest! No "sandbagging" any cardio! It beeps when I drop too low! I also love it for my HIIT sessions. I incorporated HIIT these past 3 weeks to try to tap into & scare off remaining stubborn fat pockets...hopefully it will have made a difference.

Thank you too for stopping by my thread! I am now 9 days out and it seems to all be coming together. I am excited and nervous! Of course you never know who else is going to show up on show day...but I have done my "homework." All I can do is give it my best! :)

Keep on Killing it "RX Fighter Girl!"

p.s. I promise to post all the post-show shenanigans & food porn!

broadys
04-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Tell me more about Bulletproof coffee!

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-fasting/

I find it fairly easy to do

broadys
04-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Thank you too for stopping by my thread! I am now 9 days out and it seems to all be coming together. I am excited and nervous! Of course you never know who else is going to show up on show day...but I have done my "homework." All I can do is give it my best! :)

Keep on Killing it "RX Fighter Girl!"

p.s. I promise to post all the post-show shenanigans & food porn!

I am super excited for you, not too many sleeps left now hey.

broadys
04-18-2013, 08:17 PM
I AM A SLACKER

I have been a super slacker lately and not good timing when I have been given the privilege of having JOTM.

Ok quick little update

Got over the cold in a few days which was great- I got onto olive leaf extract supplement and it really seemed to help.
My back hasnt been great. I have been off work for nearly 2 weeks now. The doctor has me taking a course of prednisolone and instructed me to pretty much take things easy. I have increased my visits for reiki/remedial massage which helps so much and I am back using my inversion table which I haven't had to use for a while. I am hoping to get back to gentle exercise in the next few days. Whilst I find it extremely frustrating I have to keep in mind that for the most part considering the extent of my injury I live a pretty full life and as my doctor explained it is quite normal to have 2-3 exacerbations per year.
So I wish I had more interesting things to report than that.

My poor 12 year old poochie had to have his injections for arthritis yesterday and I am not sure if he was going out in sympathy with me but he really enjoyed his day in bed too

nic902
04-18-2013, 10:27 PM
OMG! What a little cutie :hmn:

mcstrick
04-20-2013, 07:13 PM
hi there, hope you're feeling better. I been taking my vitamin c faithfully, trying not to get sick. I'm competing in Jun and I can't afford to get sick right now. Get some rest and hope you and your 'poochie' get better soon:)

broadys
04-24-2013, 02:56 AM
OMG! What a little cutie :hmn:

I think he is the most spoilt little pooch to roam the planet. He started sleeping on my sons bed when my son was 3 and the dog was 6 weeks old. Due to the rate they both grew a few years back I had to get my son a double bed to adequately cater to both of them.

Let me tell ya this dog has led the goodlife, he just loves leftover pavolas at BBQ's and I remember waking up one Easter morning to colored tinsel paper all over the house, it would appear the chocolate loving genes run in the family and the dog ate all the eggs that Easter "bunny" had left for the kids. As he has got older the kids tuck him into bed to keep his arthritic joints warm and he is so juiced he could be a weight lifting dog champion.

broadys
04-24-2013, 02:57 AM
hi there, hope you're feeling better. I been taking my vitamin c faithfully, trying not to get sick. I'm competing in Jun and I can't afford to get sick right now. Get some rest and hope you and your 'poochie' get better soon:)

Hey there thanks for dropping by, June is sneaking up super quick. Hope your prep is going according to plan

broadys
04-24-2013, 03:37 AM
Call me crazy but I am missing the gym big time. Back is improving sitting at about 80% atm. I am doing a fair bit of walking but thats about it for exercise. I am down to 1/4 prednisolone tablet daily now. so slowly slowly returning to my usual self. Nutrition has been on point. I am loving the keto coffee and some days IFing, I am keeping strict in the week and included a few low carb treats on the weekend.

Since starting my new job I wanted to set up good habits and not fall into the same trap that saw me gain 10kgs in a year. I now take portioned protein powder and a shaker to work and on the days when I dont have time to stop and eat I have a shake at my desk and this has been working really well so far. Today for lunch I got thru 1/2 a carrot stick before I was needed back to work so I just whipped up a quick shake and off I went. I am also not allowing myself instant coffee at work either instead I have a thermos cup with green tea & jasmine so it stays warm for a while.
Better choices= healthier body

MsFitMama
04-26-2013, 02:04 PM
laterals!!!!!!!!

I agree....lateral movements; cable and dbs. I also do arnold press.

nic902
04-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Better choices= healthier body
^^^That's what it's all about!

broadys
04-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Whoot woo can I get a collective hand ups peeps- I am back in the gym today.
Me and the iron are as one again.

I have been curious about slow strength training as recommended by Dr Doug Mcguff for a while and since I am returning from injury I thought it the perfect opportunity to try it. I must admit its nothing like I have ever done before but find the principles behind it fascinating.

I dont think I nailed the principles exactly but I will keep working on it but I did enjoy doing something different which of course goes hand in hand with my hyperactive personality. It was also interesting in that I became more aware of the movement and form and did feel quite a bit of hip tightness.

Todays' exercises were
bench press
tricep pulldown
BB upright row
delt lat raise
BB squat
leg ext.

finished with alot of stretching focusing on hip flexors and lower back.

I had a little carb up yesterday,nothing too crazy, oats, honey, fruit- (banana, apple) and vegies- (white potato & pumpkin). I find I am hungrier on days where I have higher carbs so I ate alot of food yesterday. All in all I would have higher carbs and cals.

I am actually happy with my current weight and physique. Yes I am a curvy girl with hips, thighs and a butt but thats my DNA. I am sure back in the cave man days I would have been a very sort after specimen with my abilities to produce children and survive a fast. I am sure Barney rubble and I would have been quite happy together lol.

Another thing that has been piquing my interest lately is the alternate day fasting diet. I watched a really interesting documentary on it called Eat, Fast & Live Longer.

nic902
04-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Hi-five for being back in the gym! :mosh:

broadys
04-29-2013, 02:34 AM
Hi-five for being back in the gym! :mosh:

Thanks Chica

broadys
04-29-2013, 02:44 AM
Been an avid low carber over the years I have found that low carb products are not as readily available in Oz as U.S however recently I have discovered an aussie website where I can get all the US products from.

Well I am uber excited coz my order arrived in the mail today and I got an array of low carb goodies. I am particularly excited to try the low carb brown sugar. I make a caramel cheesecake that everyone loves and have never been able to convert it to lc because I didnt have brown sugar to make the sauce from. Whoot woo now I do.. look out kitchen here I come

Heres what I got

Any tips on how to best use the waldens farm products eg recipes favorite way to eat it would be very much appreciated. Help bring this aussie lc gal up to speed.

broadys
04-29-2013, 04:05 AM

I was cleaning out my kitchen and thought it would be a good idea to put all my LC recipe books together in 1 place but looking at this cupboard now I officially think I have a real problem. It would seem I am suffering from a very bad addiction to collecting lc recipes.I hope I am not the only crazy nut out there that has cupboards like this.

broadys
05-02-2013, 06:58 AM
Todays workout - keeping with the slow training method I have been trying. I did 3 sets, 1st set very slow until failure usually takes 60-90 secs then I upped the weight and aimed for 6-8 reps then added more weight and aimed for 4-6 reps. I am really enjoying this new training method

CHEST AND SHOULDER
incline BB bench press
incline bench DB flyes
seated side DB delt raises
ohead press
rear delt raise

Diet remains low carb with low carb treats on the weekend

nic902
05-02-2013, 05:24 PM
What do you mean by "slow training"? It takes 60-90secs to complete one set? Do you use rest/pause sets etc? You've peaked my interest lol

broadys
05-02-2013, 06:44 PM
What do you mean by "slow training"? It takes 60-90secs to complete one set? Do you use rest/pause sets etc? You've peaked my interest lol

The first set is this slow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVhhbC51_3k&list=PL3A6FB0662943350E

The 2nd and 3rd are to normal 2,2 counts. The only rest I take between sets is to add the weight.

nic902
05-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Thank you! That is fascinating..I've never seen a tempo quite like that.

broadys
05-06-2013, 03:01 AM
Back is feeling alot better I would say it feeling at about 95% now and I am even gona try to get back to muay thai training tonight.

I am continuing on my new weight training method and finding it both challenging and enjoyable.
The first set is super slow then add weight second set in range of 8-12 reps then add weight and third set in the range of 4-6 reps.

Todays workout- TRI's and BI's
BB close grip bench press - slow, 8,6
BB lying tricep ext - slow, 8,6
tricep press down - slow, 10,6 (OMG talk about feeling the burn baby my tri's were screaming at this point of the workout).
DB bicep curl-slow, 8,6
decline bicep curl- slow, 6,4 (these were hard)

Given my lack of exercise over the last 3-4 weeks. (i think I did a grand total of 3 very mini workouts) I feel I am holding my weight ok but shitty part is I think maybe I have lost a little muscle def in upper body. I am feeling a little more loosey goosey than usual in the arms

here are pics I took in mar

heres the ones I took today

broadys
05-06-2013, 03:02 AM
Todays favorite workout song, a great mash up of the oldies and top 40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2VH08RLB24

broadys
05-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Oh man it feels so good to be back at Muay thai, seriously I didnt realise how much I had missed it. I left training feeling sooo super happy and in the best mood, the sweat was pouring off me I did pad work with the instruction as he certainly put me through my paces. I felt very unfit and had to switch from tricep to chest pushups half way through class. It doesnt take long to lose conditioning. I actually felt a little nervous before starting.
I am so proud to be rocking the muay thai shorts again

nic902
05-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Oh man it feels so good to be back at Muay thai, seriously I didnt realise how much I had missed it. I left training feeling sooo super happy and in the best mood,

^^^This is BEAUTIFUL! At the end of the day, sure we have physique or weight goals but loving what we do is what keeps us going! I'm glad you've got that high back :cheerleader:

broadys
05-06-2013, 09:48 PM
More of a light workout today, not quite ready to do heavy leg or backs so did the usual slow first set and then continued with lighter weights higher reps mixed with some bw exercises
squats
sumo squats
single leg dead lifts
pistols
calf raises
inner thigh work

Todays fav workout song is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxAnLYhM6Cg

Back didnt pull up too bad from last nights Muay thai so plan on heading back tonight.
I have a hearty beef and veg soup cooking in slow cooker so tea is practically taken care of- yay hands up for been a super organised mum today

broadys
05-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Soooo I finally got around to cooking that low carb caramel cheesecake.

Here is the caramel sauce which I made with the low carb brown sugar from lowcarbcent
Came up the same glossy color and consistency as normal caramel sauce however it did have a slight aftertaste but nothing too bad.

Heres the cheesecake

and heres a little sample pot I put together for a taste tester

Hits the sweet sweet spot so it will only need very small servings, my daughter loved it and my gf is calling in for a coffee soon so I will get her opinion also.

broadys
05-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Quick update coz I wana hit some exercise before work this morning

GF said cheesecake best thing ever, am now on a promise to make one for her.

Body has pulled up really sore- especially triceps and quads, the triceps I get but not sure re the quads unless it was muay thai but anyshit doesnt matter to steal a quote I read sore today=strong tomoz

anyways better fly I gota a body to take care of

broadys
05-09-2013, 05:30 AM
Last 2 days I have done 18 hr IF which I find pretty easy to do.
Muay thai and strength training is going well

Tomorrows plan is food prep as I have to work the weekend and then need to travel for work 2 days next week so wana make sure I am completely organised but the Good thing is the place I am staying has a fridge so I can packed food.

broadys
05-12-2013, 04:59 AM

I made these little delectable cookies, I am calling them BIRD SEED COOKIES, I used the LC cookie bites mix as per post 234 and I added coconut oil, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, almonds and cranberries. They turned out looking like something you might feed your budgie but they tasted really good and even DH loved them.

nic902
05-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Oh yummy! They sound delicious :drool:

broadys
05-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Down 2 pds this morning. I am just gona keep on keeping on. I am happy with this current plan I am on.
Keepin nutrition strict during the week with a 1-2 day IFing and allowing lc treats on the weekend.
Training I am keeping with the super slow movements and split weight training regime and enjoying doing MMA as my cardio.

And for those who know about my health issue, things have been alot better this month with the new treatment regime I started.
I am so pumped to be seeing positive changes in both health and physique.