PDA

View Full Version : Who trains arms on their own day?

mogo07
06-14-2009, 07:03 AM
I have been trainning arms on their own day for a little under a year. Im now starting to feel that my tri's are not getting enough rest with the work they get on chest and shoulder day so im thinking of putting tris with chest and bi's with back. Im intrested to know when you guys train arms?

bringingthehuge
06-14-2009, 09:21 AM
over the past two years ive trained arms together and have gotten the best results ive ever had. but it all depends on your body and how u respond

Chmbrspns3
06-14-2009, 10:28 AM
I've tried not training my arms on there own day and they fall behind I dont know why but they respond best to little rest, I did them 2x a week when I was bulking and they grew pretty good

bigdaddyd
06-14-2009, 11:12 AM
I agree with CHMBRSPNS3. Same thing for me. NOT trained on their own day, mine fall behind so they get a day for themselves for almost a year now. Great results

ChunkyThunder
06-14-2009, 06:20 PM
I train them on their own day so I can get an extra day in the gym

mogo07
06-19-2009, 02:57 AM
I think im going to try levrone's spilt of doing tris with chest and shoulders and see how it goes for me its alot of work in one day but it makes sense to do all of them together to make sure u get max rest and growth

Northman
06-19-2009, 03:05 AM
Here is my split

Day one: Biceps and triceps, calves-200 carb-Friday

Day two: Legs-200 carb-saturday

Day three: OFF-no carb-sunday

Day four: Chest and triceps-200 carb-monday

Day five: Back and calves-200 carb-tuesday

Day six: Shoulders and biceps-200 carb-wednesday

Day seven: OFF-No carb-Thursday

Ignore the carbs lol

ANADROLicfreak
06-19-2009, 08:32 AM
i do arms on their own day.if you have very good arms though you prob can do them on back,shoulder,chest days.

elpolicia
06-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Me to, i train arms on fridays right now iam using the GERMAN VOLUME WORKOUT.

Biceps:
Incline dumbell curl 10 sets of 10.

Triceps:
French press 10 sets of 10.

I do it in superset fashion.

Ronnie Rowland
06-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Changing things up can be good but training them seperate from other muscles works best!

mogo07
06-22-2009, 02:02 AM
yeh i might just keep arms on their own day after thinking about it doing chest shoulders and tris in one day is way too much to do in one day.

The Big Sexy
06-22-2009, 02:06 AM
Own day - I also do two other days during the week just light, rep stuff -

anthony1992
06-25-2009, 07:43 PM
i train arms on there own day and i don't train shoulders, chest or back the day before i train arms

GottaGetLean
06-25-2009, 08:22 PM
training arms on there own day is great..:popcorn:

Bekim Rizvani
06-25-2009, 10:21 PM
training arms arms on one day is like a rest day, what a boring workout

Northman
06-25-2009, 10:48 PM

It's the funnest workout.

Close grip bb is my favorite exercise of all time.

ygbodybuilder10
07-21-2009, 12:42 PM
i have to agree,

i feel why waste a workout with just arms,

Luffers
07-27-2009, 07:10 PM

I agree, arms are easily trained after any other muscle.

gman
07-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Maybe so, but I have put on 3/4" in just a couple of months since putting arms on their own day.

Luffers
07-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Maybe so, but I have put on 3/4" in just a couple of months since putting arms on their own day.

Well you can't argue with that!

Like any weak area, it will benefit from a day of its own.

MusclesMarinara
07-28-2009, 05:46 PM
I used to do bis/tris their own day but now i do trys with chest shoulders and back, and biceps with forearms and legs

(DC Program obviously)... working wonders for me. i never used to get soreness in my arms but i feel it alot more this way not sure why. maybe the stretching?

RDFinders
07-28-2009, 06:27 PM
interesting takes. i have always wanted some show stopper arms and used to train them on their own day. but my cycle was taking me 10 days to complete with rest periods added in. i train biceps w/chest and triceps w/back. seems to work out better for me b/c i can really focus on triceps better with back as they aren't fatigued. same for biceps.

since some of you guys love to train arms on their own day - what makes you feel it really improved your physique? and how long are your workout cycles with rest days before you start over again?

untamedsense
09-07-2009, 07:27 AM
I train triceps and biceps BOTH have their own day. I actually do 13 days on 1 off. I know...bad me! I believe that the body adapts to what you give it...and it seems to work for the most part.
I've also ran this thought around my mind: They say the calves need so much extra work (for the most part) because they are used so much...and really, they aren't a large muscles group. Couldn't this also apply to the arms?

Diabetic Muscle
09-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Chest Day 1
Back Day 2
Rest Day 3
Legs Day 4
Shoulders Day 5
Arms Day 6
Rest Day 7

Been using this routine and its worked really well. Course my shoulders are a weak point I'm trying to bring up so having them on there separate day helps.

almard
09-07-2009, 08:34 AM
I train Arms twice a week and they get worst. Yah, I get a little shape but not size. Arms size comes from heavey Squat, Bench, deadlift, chins.....other than that it's BS

Deadlifter91
09-29-2009, 03:10 AM
i do arms on their own day because after chest or back i cant do bi's or tri's with 100% intensity and arms are my weak point anyway

godstrength
09-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Definitely give arms their own day. I have a tough time getting my bi's to grow. Giving them their own day has definitely helped...

Fluid Karma
09-29-2009, 06:20 PM
yeh i might just keep arms on their own day after thinking about it doing chest shoulders and tris in one day is way too much to do in one day.

I've incorporated that..though i change my workout (excersise, days a week etc) every week.

I will just say since you will workout chest (if you do incline presses) before your shoulders you are already warmed up. I would suggest only 3 excersis for shoulders with 3 quality sets each: rear delts, side laterals and a pressing movement or some sort: Db,BB or arnold. I prefer arnold presses since my pressing movement was with incline chest. No need for front raises if your working chest. If your not going to do to many sets, like 3 a piece you may also do 2 good sets of upright rows (last excer) which I do once in a while.

I may do one additional set for a week body part like side delts or....

I may even drop rear delts and do them on my back day so I don't overtrain on my chest, shoulder, tri day and add 2 more sets to my side delt and pressing movement. I hate being in the gym to long. I don't have time to fuck around and hang out!

Also on days like that I only do 2 excersises for tri's