PDA

View Full Version : Wrist, Hand, & Forearm Pain

-Z-
06-14-2009, 09:30 AM
As of midday yesterday I have a pain in my wrist, back of my hand and down through the top of my forearm. With my fingers extented I can move my wrist with virtually no pain. When I make a fist and bend my fist in toward the forearm the pain is ridiculous. What is this tendonitits? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chmbrspns3
06-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Im not sure what it is, do u take a joint care? That may help, I had the same problem about 6 months ago, but only when I did barbell curls. I stopped doing them for a few months and started taking some joint care. It went away and Im doing barbell curls again. Maybe its something serious or a movement your doing could be aggrevating it and you just need to stop that movement for awhile and let it heal

Bacon Boy
06-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Im not sure what it is, do u take a joint care? That may help, I had the same problem about 6 months ago, but only when I did barbell curls. I stopped doing them for a few months and started taking some joint care. It went away and Im doing barbell curls again. Maybe its something serious or a movement your doing could be aggrevating it and you just need to stop that movement for awhile and let it heal

Every serious bodybuilder experiences this pain and it will eventually go away, your body is not used to having this type of grip in a natural movement which is why EZ bar eliminates some of the pain... As you continue to train with BB curls it goes away and if you measure forearm size you will see it has gotten bigger, just one of those things like big hands and calluses, its from the weights and your body adapts!

B7emm
06-15-2009, 01:11 AM
As of midday yesterday I have a pain in my wrist, back of my hand and down through the top of my forearm. With my fingers extented I can move my wrist with virtually no pain. When I make a fist and bend my fist in toward the forearm the pain is ridiculous. What is this tendonitits? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I had the same prob. I started working with the coc hand gripers. i have no pain in the forearm any more or my hands. my guess is a strain. if you had an tens unit it would work great for helping the pain go away.

Curt James
06-15-2009, 01:26 AM

Have you added any new exercises to your routine recently? Have you performed any of your current exercises in a more ballistic manner?

I have pain in my right wrist, especially when I rotate the wrist, so I've switched from dumbbell curls to hammer curls (no rotation) and things are sweet.

Also, some time ago, I had incorporated hang cleans into my routine and that just aggravated my forearms. I suffered from tennis elbow related to working on machines in a print shop, throwing paper stock onto conveyor belts.

Started suffering from ridiculous pain, too. Therapy and rest took care of that at the time, though.

I suspect rest is needed more than any kind of joint relief supplement. Still it couldn't hurt to add that to your treatment plan.

Good luck, -Z-!

Ninja Loco
06-15-2009, 01:47 AM
Im getting something very similar, Z. Ever since I added cleans and press and full contact twists to my routine my forearms are in the worst pain Ive ever known. I cant even pick up a quarter without it twinging. I have to load and unload weights from a curl position. I cant grab a glass of water or make a fist very comfortably either. But like I said, I added cleans and press to my routine, amongst other things.

tribal
06-15-2009, 01:51 AM
i had this..it was so bad i couldnt do any excersises for back or biceps without pain..i tried aggresively training my forearms...wrist curls and reverse curls (not with tremendous wieght, but i went from never training them to every 3rd day)...and wouldnt you know it, my forearm pain went away...the pain was from them being undertrained, and the weight that i was using on back and bis started to be to much for my forearms, and injured them