PDA

View Full Version : condiments and seasoning

tammyp
06-14-2009, 10:32 AM
when prepping..what do you use?

for those that know me..im a walden farms whore!
alfredo sauce, choc syrup, dressings, bbq sauce, jellies, maple syrups.

i also love balsamic vinegar mixed w/ some horseradish mustard, and a bit of salsa here and there. and of course, cinnamon!

~gymdiva~
06-14-2009, 10:39 AM
mostly wheat free soy sauce, plain ol salt, and mrs. dash...almost everything fun and sugar free is sweetened with splenda so I can't have it :(

oh but yes! lots of cinnamon! :D

2hot4u
06-14-2009, 10:43 AM
I love emeril's "bam" seasoning that he sells!!! sea salt, pepper, soy sauce and i should have stock in mustard!! mrs. dash and i love walden farms products but dave isn't crazy about them during contest prep so i try to limit what i use.

Wendy
06-14-2009, 10:56 AM
I can't live without my Frank's Chile & Lime hot sauce. It goes on everything from eggs to chicken,fish and veggies. Sweet Leaf Stevia Plus, Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipolte and cinnamon are all staples.

Bob Smith Jr.
06-14-2009, 11:16 AM
i use cinnamon and stevia for my protein/pb 'sludge'!! and i like mrs dash. (usually garlic or lemon pepper) on my red meat/chicken. Mustard is a must with my salad also.

tammyp
06-14-2009, 12:48 PM
i found at the dollar store of all places the best horseradish mustard. most are creamy and like mayo, but this is not. next time i go im buying a ton..these stores are not consistant with thier stuff and im not losing out!

GirlyMuscle
06-14-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm boring. Salt, pepper, a little spray butter for my egg whites, and stevia. Maybe some mustard mixed with vinegar for my salad on low fat days.

Suzy Brown
06-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Tony Cachere's, Adobo, chinese "ketchup," vegainaise (egg free mayo, I don't like that eggy flavor).

GymBunny
06-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Do any of you ever get sick of eating every 3-3.5 hours? I am only on day 5 of my Keto diet and I seriously feel so full all day long. I am sure the 2 gallons of water are not helping my case, but seriously! Am I alone here? I keep it simple when it come to the condiments, because I am worried about eating anything that taste like its not healthy. For my salads i stick to red wine vinegar and mac oil (1tbl spn) everything else I eat plain. Thoughts??? Thnx

StrongMan.87
06-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Do any of you ever get sick of eating every 3-3.5 hours? I am only on day 5 of my Keto diet and I seriously feel so full all day long. I am sure the 2 gallons of water are not helping my case, but seriously! Am I alone here? I keep it simple when it come to the condiments, because I am worried about eating anything that taste like its not healthy. For my salads i stick to red wine vinegar and mac oil (1tbl spn) everything else I eat plain. Thoughts??? Thnx

I rather feel consistently full, while on contest prep, than consistently hungry like on some other diets.

tammyp
06-23-2009, 06:13 AM
shit im always hungry...lucky you!

GymBunny
06-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Do you think I may be eating too much? I am actually following Dave's keto diet for women. I am eating every 3- 3.5 hours 5 times a day. I am 5ft 4in and 125lbs. I am looking to harden my muscle and I weight train 5 days a week and two days are cardio only and abs. Any suggestions or input from any of you veterans? This is the exact diet plan I have been following since last Wednesday. Please any of you, what are your thoughts on this. I am open to your feedback. I am just trying to figure out if I am eating too much.
MEAL #1
2 whole (OMEGA-3) Eggs with 6 egg whites
MEAL #2
35g Whey protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter
MEAL #3
6oz chicken (ostrich, or turkey) with 1/4-cup (1oz) cashew nuts, or almonds, or walnuts (vary it)
MEAL #4
5oz salmon, swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, red peppers, or carrots) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Mac Nut Oil and vinegar
MEAL #5
35g Whey Protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 2 whole (OMEGA-3) EGGS with 6 whites
**** You should have a cheat meal once per week (in place of meal #5).
I appreciate any advice or tweaks to my plan that you think could possibly benefit me

Scoobysnacks
06-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Do you think I may be eating too much? I am actually following Dave's keto diet for women. I am eating every 3- 3.5 hours 5 times a day. I am 5ft 4in and 125lbs. I am looking to harden my muscle and I weight train 5 days a week and two days are cardio only and abs. Any suggestions or input from any of you veterans? This is the exact diet plan I have been following since last Wednesday. Please any of you, what are your thoughts on this. I am open to your feedback. I am just trying to figure out if I am eating too much.
MEAL #1
2 whole (OMEGA-3) Eggs with 6 egg whites
MEAL #2
35g Whey protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter
MEAL #3
6oz chicken (ostrich, or turkey) with 1/4-cup (1oz) cashew nuts, or almonds, or walnuts (vary it)
MEAL #4
5oz salmon, swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, red peppers, or carrots) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Mac Nut Oil and vinegar
MEAL #5
35g Whey Protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 2 whole (OMEGA-3) EGGS with 6 whites
**** You should have a cheat meal once per week (in place of meal #5).
I appreciate any advice or tweaks to my plan that you think could possibly benefit me

Its a bit much for your weight, but are you progressing? At 125 I calculated around 30 grams pro per meal and 10 grams fats per meal. 6 oz white meat is gonna be 42 grams pro. Not sure on the salmon woudl have to look that up and the powders are off by about 4 grams, not much but over a weeks time it adds up. The eggs are adding up to about 35 grams pro so again you could ditch a white. Fats are a bit over the 10 mark at that meal 1 too I believe. I tihnk each whole egg has about 7 grams fats, you need about 10 grams so 1 1/2 yolk would serve you better I think. But, again if you are progressing, leave it be....

Personally no matter what style I diet, carb cycle or keto, Im hungry. I was very hungry on my keto diet down the final stretch, cravings werent bad, but i was hungry for sure.

Ss

GymBunny
06-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Do you think I AM EATING ENOUGH PROTEIN/ FATS? I am actually following Dave's keto diet for women. I am eating every 3- 3.5 hours 5 times a day. I am 5ft 4in and 125lbs. I am looking to harden my muscle and I weight train 5 days a week and two days are cardio only and abs. Any suggestions or input from any of you veterans? This is the exact diet plan I have been following since last Wednesday. Please any of you, what are your thoughts on this. I am open to your feedback. I am just trying to figure out if I am eating RIGHT FOR MY BODY AND LOOK I AM TRYING TO ACHIEVE..
This is the plan- I have revised and would appreciate any comments or input.
MEAL #1
2 whole (OMEGA-3) Eggs with 4 egg whites
MEAL #2
27g Whey protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter
MEAL #3
6oz chicken with 1/4-cup (1oz) cashew nuts, or almonds, or walnuts (different nut each day)
MEAL #4
5oz salmon or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, red peppers, or carrots) with 1 tablespoon of Mac Nut Oil and red wine vinegar
MEAL #5
27g Whey Protein Isolate with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 2 whole (OMEGA-3) EGGS with 4 whites
**** I have not had a cheat meal yet. Do you think I should wait two weeks till I work out the kinks?

GymBunny
06-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Btw- tammy,
how is the peanut butter spread from walden farms? Would you suggest it as something i should look into for my protein shakes (perhaps to add for some taste)? Just curious and how is the taste? Thanks doll