PDA

View Full Version : Best Finishing move??

ronnoc
06-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Ok im gonna start this off by putting my vote for the Hart foundations "heart attack" as the best finishing move.
I know theres heaps out there!!!

TPT
06-14-2009, 12:06 PM
i will always remember big van vader's run in wcw with the powerbomb.

sfreemanii
06-14-2009, 01:04 PM
The best tag team finisher was The Road Warriors Doomsday Device, and as far as a singles finsher I gotta go with Shane Helms Vertabreaker in WCW.

Ninja Loco
06-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Done covered this one, but good idea to re-do.

In a finishing move I look for originality, difficulty, and even name. No sense in picking the something like the "Big Leg Drop" and "People's Elbow" due to sheer simplicity and stupidity level.

1. The Unprettier. Best name, slick ass move, difficult to execute, nothing really like it out there. It does not look like much of any other EVERY DAY MOVE.

2. The Pedigree. Cool name because it really means nothing, just putting the snootiness that the rich boy Hunter Hurst Helmsley was originally known for in your face. Pretty cool set up and doesnt look like most every other move.

3. The Last Ride. Yeah ok so it's pretty much a power bomb. But Taker too it to another level with the sheer brutality of it coming from his extreme height AND the extra OOOMPH he added by kicking the victim in the air just a notch before the fatal slam. Cool ass name too.

"Rodz"
06-14-2009, 01:49 PM
The unprettier is my favorite name for one, I think they call it the "kill swtch" now. Victoria's (Tara) Widow's peak looks devastating

Ninja Loco
06-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Havent seen hers. Anyone got a clip? I can go look for it, fuck it. Damn, though.... I need to try and make time to watch me some 'rasstlin.

thachozenonebx
06-14-2009, 02:25 PM
canadian destroyer....class dismissed

TPT
06-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Havent seen hers. Anyone got a clip? I can go look for it, fuck it. Damn, though.... I need to try and make time to watch me some 'rasstlin.

its the vertebreaker. though it looks too sick for a female wrestler. shane helms wasnt even allowed to use it for awhile because it can really hurt someone.

TPT
06-14-2009, 02:38 PM
total elimiation by the eliminators. leg sweep and spin wheel kick simultaneously.

dublin-lifter
06-14-2009, 03:29 PM
pedigree is legendary and will go down in history my personal favourite was the last ride cause it was pretty vicious the conchairto was pretty cool aswell

Tu Holmes
06-14-2009, 04:15 PM
The Vertibraker does look sick.

I think though, the Diamond Cutter set the standard. Look at how many people use it's variation today.

The RKO and The Stone Cold Stunner, are just modified Diamond Cutters.

DDP has the top finisher of all time.

ANADROLicfreak
06-14-2009, 04:49 PM
my favorites are hhh pedigree stone colds stunner goldbergs jackhammer slam.

SuperSaiyanPump
06-14-2009, 05:13 PM
I love the batista bomb. Just makes you go ouch everytime you see it.

"Rodz"
06-14-2009, 09:03 PM

LQ1SmpdsUb0

Bam!!!

"Rodz"
06-14-2009, 09:05 PM
ps. Victoria/Tara.........hottest diva ever, beauty, aggression, skillz

"Rodz"
06-14-2009, 09:07 PM

Her WWE debut, mmmmmmmm

YR3ypTjNags

sorry its her first match using the tatu song

ANADROLicfreak
06-14-2009, 09:32 PM
agreed!

<~~StrengthByGod~~>
06-15-2009, 09:30 AM
I like Rhino in ECW. The "RhinoDriver" -- pile driver from the second rope. Very high risk.

I love the stone cold stunner of course and the rock bottom always looked well executed also.

MichaelWayne
06-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Power of the punch by Bill Regal....come on....its a punch, doesn't get more brutal then that.

Top three for shock value of seeing them for the first time:

Pedigree - original and brutal as hell when HHH started doing them, not letting go of the guys arms...jesus, thats a bump.

Powerbomb - First time I saw Diesel (Nash) do that...me and my friends had to go try it. Nothing like seeing a bunch of 5th graders trying to kill eachother in the front yard.

? - I.R.S's final move. The way he would hit the guy and slide out of the ring, that was really the only cool thing about him.

Mr X
06-15-2009, 11:06 AM
The best tag team finisher was The Road Warriors Doomsday Device, and as far as a singles finsher I gotta go with Shane Helms Vertabreaker in WCW.

def agree..

best singles finisher...THE WORM...FTW he he

R_U_Red_D
06-15-2009, 11:39 AM
"D'von...........GET THE TABLE!"
vsWt_Gh-n9A
3D and Superbomb ftw

MichaelWayne
06-15-2009, 11:55 AM
^^All of them he breaks the table with his legs....but that last one Trish got her ass thrown through LOL!

Swede
06-15-2009, 12:15 PM
A big ass chokeslam

Ninja Loco
06-15-2009, 01:29 PM
LQ1SmpdsUb0

Bam!!!
Nah. Too contrived looking. Not natural at all. If the fact that the victim has to wind their feet over the top of their opponent's thighs is not a dead giveaway that it is fake, then I dont know what.

Unprettier still stands.

MichaelWayne
06-15-2009, 01:34 PM
LQ1SmpdsUb0

Bam!!!

Horrible move, but the booty shake at 1:35 is amazing though.....

billy mimnaugh
07-06-2009, 02:26 PM
The Road warriors doomsday device
Jimmy Snukas superfly splash
ric flairs figure four leg lock
stan hanson lariet

TheCutMan
07-06-2009, 03:58 PM
I think I would go with The People's Elbow or Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop.
Plain, simple & entertaining.

As far as tag team finishers go nothing beats Bret's and Anvil's Hart Attack. :)

Couldn't agree more dude! Victoria is a great performer and also a very nice person - I met her a few times when she was in Germany with the WWE and I gotta say that she always treats the fans with a lot of respect.

The best tag team finisher was The Road Warriors Doomsday Device

Not the best but definitely the most dangerous finisher. Many wrestlers said in their autobiographies to sell this move was like Russian Roulette - either you were lucky or you landed in a awkward way because there is no possibility to protect yourself.
I agree it always looked great but it wasn't for the person selling it...

TheCutMan
07-06-2009, 04:05 PM
From a "impact" standpoint I think nothing can beat the Shooting Star Press. Too Cold Scorpio's 450° splash was really cool too. :)

Goodfellas
07-06-2009, 04:50 PM
b3yx4-Po1iw

billy mimnaugh
07-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I think I would go with The People's Elbow or Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop.
Plain, simple & entertaining.

As far as tag team finishers go nothing beats Bret's and Anvil's Hart Attack. :)

Couldn't agree more dude! Victoria is a great performer and also a very nice person - I met her a few times when she was in Germany with the WWE and I gotta say that she always treats the fans with a lot of respect.

Not the best but definitely the most dangerous finisher. Many wrestlers said in their autobiographies to sell this move was like Russian Roulette - either you were lucky or you landed in a awkward way because there is no possibility to protect yourself.
I agree it always looked great but it wasn't for the person selling it...

Thats true of ANY move,if the guy doesnt sell it it never looks good.However,to say Hogans one inch leap into his pathetic leg drop was a great finnisher is silly in my opinion.Hogan will go down as THE WORST big name wrestler ever.He couldnt tie Ric Flairs shoes.

TheCutMan
07-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Thats true of ANY move,if the guy doesnt sell it it never looks good.

That's true but doesn't have anything to do with me saying that the Doomsday Device was a very dangerous move...

However,to say Hogans one inch leap into his pathetic leg drop was a great finnisher is silly in my opinion.Hogan will go down as THE WORST big name wrestler ever.He couldnt tie Ric Flairs shoes.

To say that Hogan is a bad wrestler or worker couldn't be farther from the truth.
Not having a lot of moves in one's arsenal doesn't make anyone a bad wrestler.
Hogan even had a really good match with the Ultimate Warrior - something that is very hard to attain as Jim Hellwig is probably THE worst wrestler of all time.
But this is only one example where Hogan showed his ability. In matches against The Rock, Triple H or back in the WCW days when he was feuding with Billy Kidman prove my point that Hogan can have a good match with anyone.

exit2010
07-07-2009, 11:24 AM
stone cold stunner

Mr. Dead
07-16-2009, 04:09 PM
The 6:19 and The Last Ride have to be 2 of my favorites... And, Kane's Chokeslam To Hell...