PDA

View Full Version : carb sensitive

tammyp
06-14-2009, 10:41 AM
being carb sensitive is something you hear many people say they are, and i am one of them.. but..what does it really mean? how would you define the term?

THUNDERGOD
06-14-2009, 11:11 AM
I have asked around about the same thing. Not sure if it really is a sensitivity issue or if its just people don't know how to use carbs in their diets. I have recently seen several people that claimed to be carb sensitive and decided to work with someone for their prep and got into their best shape using carbs in their diet with the rotation plan. Diets are very individualistic, but I think you can make most diets work for you as long as you know how to manipulate the diet for your body.

BigJD69
06-14-2009, 11:13 AM
I know I can't eat carbs because it will raise my BSL and blow me up!

alebleu
06-14-2009, 12:25 PM
I don't think carb sensitive describes me, but I know that when I eat around 200-300 grams a day of carbs I look bloated. I feel and look a lot better on 150 or less.

Wolfstriked
06-14-2009, 02:51 PM
To me carb sensitive means that after eating carbs your BS remains even with just slight fluctuations.Being carb resistant means that BS rises too high and then drops too low because the cells are resistant to the effects of insulin and dont open up properly.

Right now I am following an eating plan where I eat the same amount in gms of each macro nutrient.4 meals a day and then I add GDA's such as Vanadyl and Polynicotinate to each meal to ensure that the 25gms of carbs enters the muscle cells nicely.Every other day PWO I take a shake of 25gms whey/50gms dex with more GDA's.

Works for me!

Wolfstriked
06-14-2009, 02:52 PM
I don't think carb sensitive describes me, but I know that when I eat around 200-300 grams a day of carbs I look bloated. I feel and look a lot better on 150 or less.

Try GDA's with that amount of carbs and youll be more pumped and less bloated.

the_gift
07-04-2009, 02:07 AM
Try GDA's with that amount of carbs and youll be more pumped and less bloated.

Like chromium? Explain your protocol.. I'd love to be able up my carbs to Mentzer like levels when dieting:p