PDA

View Full Version : dayum...

johnnylax
01-01-2013, 06:32 PM
recently i began dating a woman from arkansas. into fitness, but never really knew what to do in the gym. however, she was curious what she could accomplish and wanted to see if she could go the bb route. so i've been helping her train. lol. she didn't know the difference between a barbell or a dumbell at first. she's 5'8 and when she began lifting about 2 months ago, weighed just under 150.

well....she's been eating lots of small meals, protein shakes and cut out all sugars, drinking plenty of water. and would do an hour of cardio, then kind of experiment on the machines/weights for an hour. her weight has been increasing. in the last two weeks, i've been texting/working with her each day, telling her what exercises to do and challenging her with heavier weights. and she's responded amazingly! she's up to 175 (even tho she hates it because she's never weighed that much before). and yesteday was an epic day for her in the gym.

she had never even known what to do for a chest workout. so we started with seated chest presses. i'm 5'8 210. been lifting all my life tho i'm no bb. i told her to put the weight on 120 and see how many in a row she could do. 25 1st set, then 28, then 30 3rd set. fine. (i did 50, 40, 35 just for comparison). then...because i was nervous about her trying the bench by herself...we went to the smith machine. i had her put 45s on each side, as i did. and off we went. i told her to try and crank out as many as she could....i did the same. i was still a little spent from the seateds, so i did 20 reps 1st set. she did 20! i was surprised! she had never lifted that much before. then we did 3 more sets, and she cranked out another 20, 22 an 23!! she was so excited, lol so, i said, find a spotter and go to the regular bench, just to see how she could do there. and i went over as well. we loaded 135 on the bar, she was nervous, found a spotter and away we went. i did 18 reps. (i had also done 3 more sets on the smith). soon after came her text.....she had done 24 consecutive reps at 135 never having tried it before!!!! her spotter, who she didn't even know, said it was crazy!

now i know this doesn't seem that impressive, but for a woman who's not a bb....yet....and who had no idea what she was doing....to walk in and perform that many reps both on the smith and free bench, i was shocked. we did a few more exercises. and then she disappeared. i finally texted her and she told me she had so much fun on the smith she had gone back to do a 'warm down' set, lol. another 20, 20, and 17 reps. my jaw is still on the floor.

Curt James
01-01-2013, 07:07 PM
You have a prodigy on your hands? Try not to let her injure herself.

Or you! lol

Happy New Year, brother.

daft205
01-01-2013, 07:30 PM
The strength sounds impressive- but honestly im more interested in how it is this woman gained 25 plus (assumingly lean) pounds in two months? Sounds pretty crazy.

Timbo89
01-01-2013, 09:24 PM
The strength sounds impressive- but honestly im more interested in how it is this woman gained 25 plus (assumingly lean) pounds in two months? Sounds pretty crazy.

Extremely.

johnnylax
01-02-2013, 07:22 AM
i think she fibbed a bit at her starting weight. she said 147. i think she weighed at least 10 lbs more. and the other thing i gotta check is what 'protein' she's takin, lol. she knows so little, i think she may be downing creatine shakes, 3 per day, thinkin' it's protein. yikes.