PDA

View Full Version : ray mercer knocks out tim sylvia in 9 sec!?

TPT
06-14-2009, 11:46 AM
its gonna be stuff for sylvia to come back after this one.
http://www.mmalinker.com/viewer/16763/i/Tim_Sylvia_Vs_Ray_Mercer.html

Tate
06-14-2009, 11:54 AM
LOL that guy used to be ufc champ LOL

juggernaut1987
06-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Tim Sylvia always sucked. He was just too tall and had an overwhelming reach for everyone so he never had to worry about getting hit. His fights were insanely boring, he always stayed outside of harms way just jabbing to a decision victory. Good example of all this: fight against Jeff Monson (12 inch reach advantage) and still was a boring long ass 5 round decision. Til coutoure came along with a good game plan and skill to beat the reach game Tim played and took his belt. Thats why Sylvia disappeared from the UFC as soon as he lost, Dana knows he sucks and is boring as hell on top of it all. Not to mention he was busted for steroids and injecting novacaine into his limbs to help win fights (example: when Mir broke his arm and he didn't even know why the fight was stopped while his arm was flopping around). Fuck Tim Sylvia.

BigJD69
06-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Dam isn't Mercer like 50 y.o.?

machine
06-14-2009, 05:13 PM
u sure that was the entire fight? Looks like that video starts well into the brawl?

Dan_Manslaughter
06-14-2009, 08:38 PM
It's amazing Mercer is even still fighting. He was devastating in his prime.

Thad
06-14-2009, 09:12 PM
u sure that was the entire fight? Looks like that video starts well into the brawl?
The fight was only 22 seconds.

Mirko Cro Cop
06-15-2009, 03:18 AM
Even Kimbo beat Ray Mercer, Sylvia is done!

Tate
06-15-2009, 04:32 AM
A 50 year old ex pro boxer knocks out an ex ufc champ, Kimbo isnt so bad anyone over 200 pounds can get lucky and knock you the fuck out, if kimbo fought the top ufc heavies now, if i were u guys i wouldnt expect and easy win

DannyG
06-15-2009, 01:37 PM
It's amazing Mercer is even still fighting. He was devastating in his prime.

Yeah he was...i remember the fight against Tommy Morrison back in the day...after watching Rocky people thought Tommy had a chance...I agree the ref let it go too far check out the slow motion starting at 1:18 and how many heavy shots Tommy took before going down. Fuckin devasstating!! "The guy could have been killed..." is right.

YouTube - Tommy Morrison VS Merciless Ray Mercer

Sensei
06-15-2009, 02:51 PM
That was embarassing! Tim came in at 311 pounds & originally wanted it to be a 6 round boxing match!

lilfella
06-21-2009, 12:03 PM
That was embarassing! Tim came in at 311 pounds & originally wanted it to be a 6 round boxing match!
Is that true? If so it is hilarious. I along with every other sensible human have always disliked Sylvia. I do love watching Mir break his arm though. lol

chitownmscle
06-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Sylvia was never a good MMA guy. As previously stated, he was just a big tall guy who had a long reach. He is always grossly out of shape, even when they say he has come in the shape of his life he is still a fat azz. That's why you never saw him fight anyone who had a true MMA skilly set. As soon as he fought Couture his career was over