PDA

View Full Version : Finding figure at 30

mrsflexgym
01-02-2013, 02:10 PM
First off, Hi!! My husband started a thread on here a few weeks back, and has talked me into doing the same. I have never done one before, but thought it a good idea to keep focused.
My husband has been bodybuilding for 12 years and Im "slowly" following in his footsteps...but for figure. I did one show, back in 2010, 9 months after having my daughter. I did ok, but man did I have a lot to learn. Yes I looked GREAT for just having a kid, but I was bottom heavy, stringy on top, and still not lean enough for figure.
So for the past 2 and a half years, Ive been "re-building" my figure. Ive been leaning out my legs and building my shoulders and lats. I just turned 30 last month and have decided Im going to bring in 30 with a bang and get back to competing. The first show I am going to do is in May! So my 20 week journey starts this Saturday.
So let's see what happens!!!! :byeb:

mrsflexgym
01-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Today was a new goal set for myself. I deadlifted 185lbs for 2 sets of 10. Im trying to get my max up a little before I get too far into my diet when I will start losing strength.

Im currently 5'5 and at 145. So Im thinking Ive got about 25 pounds to lose in 20 weeks. Totally doable!!

skyeDoll
01-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Yay, I love figure girls, the physique is great! I love the look, but have been told my body best fits bikini, so i'm workin' on rockin' that look! It all takes hard work & dedication, and having a hubby who is alongside you for support is A+!! I know the feeling :)

Best of luck to you as you start to prep for May! Where will you be competing? I'm am not a mother, but i love love love to see those who have had kids, get on stage & look better than me!!! So awesome & motivating!

Keep the diet clean & enjoy the gym!!
//skye//

The Prodigy
01-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Welcome To RX Girl!!! I look forward to following your journey...

Curt James
01-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Today was a new goal set for myself. I deadlifted 185lbs for 2 sets of 10. Im trying to get my max up a little before I get too far into my diet when I will start losing strength.

Im currently 5'5 and at 145. So Im thinking Ive got about 25 pounds to lose in 20 weeks. Totally doable!!

Welcome to Rx Muscle! Glad you and your husband are both here. Happy New Year and best wishes achieving all your goals in 2013.

mrsflexgym
01-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Yay, I love figure girls, the physique is great! I love the look, but have been told my body best fits bikini, so i'm workin' on rockin' that look! It all takes hard work & dedication, and having a hubby who is alongside you for support is A+!! I know the feeling :)

Best of luck to you as you start to prep for May! Where will you be competing? I'm am not a mother, but i love love love to see those who have had kids, get on stage & look better than me!!! So awesome & motivating!

Keep the diet clean & enjoy the gym!!
//skye//

Thank you!! I have a 9 year old and a 3 year old. I love being able to show other moms that they can look better than ever, even after having a baby. That was the main reason I did a show after my daughter. I even had 2 c-sections! I dont want people to be able to give themselves excuses.

mrsflexgym
01-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Thank you

mrsflexgym
01-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Welcome To RX Girl!!! I look forward to following your journey...

Thanks. Gail?? Right?? Ive met you a couple of times at some shows. My husband has been working with Dave since 2009.

mrsflexgym
01-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Welcome to Rx Muscle! Glad you and your husband are both here. Happy New Year and best wishes achieving all your goals in 2013.

Im going to give it my all!! Got Dave doing my diet so as long as I follow his rules, I cant go wrong!!

IslandGirl
01-03-2013, 01:28 AM
You are right! No excuses!!! I'm excited to follow along on your journey! I have 3 kiddos. 25, 18 and 13. 2 girls and my son is our baby. Best of luck to you!

mrsflexgym
01-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Super excited to see what this year brings for sure!! Ive worked really hard the past 2 years to build up my upper body. I think even though the diet is not always the easiest, it is very exciting to see what changes you've made when you start to lean out!!! And of course the amazing suit you get. My friend Jen with asuit2remember makes my suits and they are always beautiful. I tell people that figure is like Miss America with muscle!!

mpalleyne
01-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Wonderful and so good to meet you dear! Go Figure :)

PFEPerformance
01-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Best of Luck to you! Nothing like some Bad Axx DETERMINATION to get things happening!!

Go get em girl!!

mrsflexgym
01-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Best of Luck to you! Nothing like some Bad Axx DETERMINATION to get things happening!!

Go get em girl!!

LOL!! Thanks!

mrsflexgym
01-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Tomorrow is the dreaded picture day. Bad thing, I know Im 20 weeks out and have a journey ahead of me, I know I need to lose 25 pounds, BUT I also know I will love these pictures in 20 weeks when I can look back and say, "I came this far"!!! Let the journey being. Cant wait.

The Prodigy
01-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Thanks. Gail?? Right?? Ive met you a couple of times at some shows. My husband has been working with Dave since 2009.

Palumbo?

IslandGirl
01-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Tomorrow is the dreaded picture day. Bad thing, I know Im 20 weeks out and have a journey ahead of me, I know I need to lose 25 pounds, BUT I also know I will love these pictures in 20 weeks when I can look back and say, "I came this far"!!! Let the journey being. Cant wait.

I dread progress pics too, but it's awesome to have them so you can compare each week or biweekly and especially show day to Day 1. Keep it up!

mrsflexgym
01-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Palumbo?

Yes. He did 09 Jr USA's, 2010 Eastern Seaboard, 2010 Jr Nationals, and 2011 State show.

mrsflexgym
01-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Palumbo?

I was actually pregnant at his 09 Jr USA's. Like 7 months pregnant. LOL. Dave is actually doing my diet for my show in May. Tomorrow is 20 weeks!!

mrsflexgym
01-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Well took the pics. Wasnt scary, but I know Ive got some work. Ive got about 25 pounds to lose, but Ive got 20 weeks to do it. When I saw my pics, at first I wanted to get upset and hide in a closet, but then decided to use it as motivation instead. I know that this is just a starting point. This pics will no longer matter in 4,8,12 weeks. And come show time, yes, I can look back and see just how far Ive come. Too me, its not about trying to look better than someone who has done the show before, its about me giving it a 110% and looking MY best and looking better than I have ever looked before. And then we will come from there!!!

The Prodigy
01-04-2013, 08:43 PM
I was actually pregnant at his 09 Jr USA's. Like 7 months pregnant. LOL. Dave is actually doing my diet for my show in May. Tomorrow is 20 weeks!!

Dave is the bomb! I won the 09 Jr. Usa's so I may have seen you there!!

mrsflexgym
01-05-2013, 09:06 AM
It begins! Excited when I woke up, but then realized all I get to do today is 30 mins of cardio. I weight train Mon-Fri, so Saturdays arent that exciting. Well, its a good way to step into it slowly I guess.
Now, if I can just remember that I will only see small changes every week and not get to ahead of myself. I know week to week there wont be much difference, but from 20 weeks to 15 weeks there will be...and on and on. I think the journey is the best part cause you can see how you can transform your body just be changing up a few things here and there.
Im not going to post pics now, cause I cant imgaine ya'll lookin at them. LOL. But I will further in. I will say that I am 5'5 and currently 145. My waist is 27 inches and arms are 13 (yes some fat, not all muscle) and my thighs are a whooping 22 inches. Im alot smaller up top and Im definitly bottom heavy. All my weight and fat is on the bottom half. But I will get there!!

sassy69
01-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Congrats on Day 1! One of the hardest parts of training, is NOT training. Appreciate your recovery days because they make the training days a lot better.

You might also take your cardio-only days, to spend more time stretching and foam rolling. At age 30 its probably less of a big deal, but as you get older, good ROM and flexibility will pay off in ways you can only appreciate when you get there. The one hang up I always had, was that I needed to be able to do a splits. I was never a cheerleader or anything like that - it was just something I set as a goal when I was in my teens. So I had established that degree of flexibility way back, but always kept it up during all my years of training. Now at age 47, I find NOT hitting the gym, I tend to tighten up a lot more. So the stretching is critical before I attempt to do anything in the gym. But give me 10 minutes of warmup and I've got every bit of my old flexibility, if not more. Its always been something I hated doing because I wanted to get to lifting, but when you've got a short workout and still want to do more, this is one thing that can throw into the mix and get payback w/ dividends for those couple minutes every now and then.

Let the fun begin!

mpalleyne
01-05-2013, 07:21 PM
It begins! Excited when I woke up, but then realized all I get to do today is 30 mins of cardio. I weight train Mon-Fri, so Saturdays arent that exciting. Well, its a good way to step into it slowly I guess.
Now, if I can just remember that I will only see small changes every week and not get to ahead of myself. I know week to week there wont be much difference, but from 20 weeks to 15 weeks there will be...and on and on. I think the journey is the best part cause you can see how you can transform your body just be changing up a few things here and there.
Im not going to post pics now, cause I cant imgaine ya'll lookin at them. LOL. But I will further in. I will say that I am 5'5 and currently 145. My waist is 27 inches and arms are 13 (yes some fat, not all muscle) and my thighs are a whooping 22 inches. Im alot smaller up top and Im definitly bottom heavy. All my weight and fat is on the bottom half. But I will get there!!

You sure will dear! I don't like doing measurements and pictures either but as Tracy says when you look back at the start pic to stage its always amazing to look at!! I started recording my measurements on this journal to!! Keep it up!

mrsflexgym
01-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Well, the weekend was the weekend. My daughter spent the night with grandma, so me and the hubs got to go see a moive. It was nice. Sunday is always church and family day, and the day I get all my cooking and errands done. I always try to cook the biggest past of our meals on Sunday, that way all I have to do is measure them out every evening and pack them for the next day.
I am always excited about Monday cause I can have the whole week to workout!!

Lets see what changes come this week.

mrsflexgym
01-08-2013, 08:27 AM
My workout schedule for now is: Mon-Chest/Hams/Glutes. Tue-Shoulders/Abs. Wed-Back. Thur-Arms/Abs. Fri-Legs.

So yesterday, aparently killed hams because it hurts to stretch and sit down. Which, in my opinion is a GREAT thing!! Today is my favorite workout day, Shoulders!! I love seeing how I can challange them and also I love seeing the muscles actually moving and the seperation in them. My upper body is pretty lean already, so its easier to see the hard work.
Now, if I could just get to the point where I can see that seperation in my big ole' thigh, I will be good. LOL

mrsflexgym
01-09-2013, 01:06 PM
So today I decided to challange myself a little on back. The past 2 weeks Ive been going heavy on deadlifts, so I decided to do a 3x20 with 135lbs. Wow. It killed my endurance and my back. I like working hard now, cause I know in about 10 more weeks, I wont be able to go as heavy or as many reps.

mrsflexgym
01-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Tomorrow is first week check in with Palumbo. I try not to weight myself everyday cause I want to focus on the fact that Im eating and exercising the way I should and just trust the weight will come off at the right time.
I can tell the no carb is kicking in. Espeically in the afternoons after my workouts and cardio are done and Im not as busy. I eat and 45 mins later, Im hungry again. Better get used to it the husband says. :hypno:
I can tell from my pics I took last week that my upper body has come a long ways. Here is a pic from my show in March 2010:
140601 Not too bad for just having had a baby and a c-section!!

And here is a pic from 20 weeks out. Please dont be too harsh. Ive got about 20-25 pounds to go and its all in my legs. LOL. But I can tell Ive got a lot more muscle in my shoulders and back!! And you can see how horrible I look now, so in 5 weeks I will look a lot better!!!

mrsflexgym
01-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Ok, one week down, 19 to go!!! Sometimes you wished it would go faster cause you get so excited! Fridays are always my leg day and today I think I wanted to kill myself. I figured I would try to get as much out of myself while I still have some energy. I did 4x20 squats with 115lb and I was done after that. LOL. I threw in my simple lying curls, leg extensions, and sumo leg presses after and finished with some calves.
Tomorrows cheat meal wont be too bad but I will enjoy it. Making a homemande chicken pot pie and I might have a small bag of chips....like a little .33 cent bag. Im not doing desserts this time around because I cant control myself around sugar. Hopefully I will look a million times better sacrificing my oreos.

Riana Rohmann
01-11-2013, 11:36 AM
I always hold all my stuff in my legs! Its the hardest part to get off. Once I built up my upper body (like you have been working on, good job btw :)), My coach had me start running for my cardio (in season of course, no off-season cardio for me!) and my legs definitly slimmed down. She has me still lifting heavy too, so dont be afraid to push some weight in those legs. I mean, I wouldnt do like 5x5s or anything. I still do 25's, 20's then 15 reps, but she loads me up :)Oh, and walking lunges are my best friend for that glute/ham tie in. You can do this girl!

mrsflexgym
01-11-2013, 03:48 PM
I always hold all my stuff in my legs! Its the hardest part to get off. Once I built up my upper body (like you have been working on, good job btw :)), My coach had me start running for my cardio (in season of course, no off-season cardio for me!) and my legs definitly slimmed down. She has me still lifting heavy too, so dont be afraid to push some weight in those legs. I mean, I wouldnt do like 5x5s or anything. I still do 25's, 20's then 15 reps, but she loads me up :)Oh, and walking lunges are my best friend for that glute/ham tie in. You can do this girl!

I did some running just for fun and a couple 5K's in my offseason. Now I do lunges, usually 3x30, twice a week. No running now though cause Im on a no carb diet. Im VERY VERY carb sensitive, so I have to cut them out first thing. My legs have gotten down before, so Im sure they will again, and hopefully even better this time!!

PFEPerformance
01-11-2013, 03:58 PM
GREAT JOB bringing that upper body up!! BIG difference!!! Keep killin it girl - you can do it!!!

mrsflexgym
01-11-2013, 04:05 PM
GREAT JOB bringing that upper body up!! BIG difference!!! Keep killin it girl - you can do it!!!

Thanks!! Look forward to the changes every week!

mrsflexgym
01-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Well I was going to add a signature, but apprently I have to reach a certain level with my posts first. So here is a couple other ways to follow me if interested:

www.flexsmyrna.com
https://twitter.com/jporterfield82

mrsflexgym
01-12-2013, 02:23 PM
1 Week in. Today is an off day from weights. Just cardio and some stretching! Cheat meal tonight! YAY. Mushroom Cheeseburger and Fries and a coke. No dessert. Ive decided not to do desserts this time around. I have a hard time keeping myself from over-eating on sweets, so Im better off just not having them at all!!

mrsflexgym
01-14-2013, 08:22 AM
Monday funday!! I actually look forward to Monday's cause I know I get to weight train the next 5 days. Weekends are great for relaxing and cardio, but I LOVE my weights! Its nice when you wake up and get on the scale and your the same weight before the cheat meal!!! Nothing extra to work off.
Today is chest and hams day. Ive already got my empty stomach cardio done and first meal down. Gonna down some pre-workout drink and hit it as hard as I can!

Have a great day!!! :hugme:

mrsflexgym
01-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Major crash today. My workouts where just not that great. I think its a huge combo of this being my 4th week no carb, not sleeping well last night, and waiting too long to workout after I ate. I try to workout an hour after, but got busy working and didnt start til 2 hours after. Everytime I laid down to do the bench press, I got very very dizzy and felt faint. I was fine doing exercises sitting up, but couldnt lay down.
I am also suppoed to start my period tomorrow, so maybe that had some factor in it too. Well, I came home and took a 30 min nap, so I feel a little better. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

IslandGirl
01-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Argh. I hope you feel better soon! I give you props. I could never do no carbs for weeks on end. But we all do what we have to do.

Keep pressing forward! Eye on the prize.

mrsflexgym
01-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Argh. I hope you feel better soon! I give you props. I could never do no carbs for weeks on end. But we all do what we have to do.

Keep pressing forward! Eye on the prize.

Honestly the first week is kind of hard, but for me, no carb is easier than trying to eat just certain carbs. I can control what I eat protein and fat wise, but carbs make me moody and I usually over-eat on them. Especially anything sweet. LOL

mrsflexgym
01-17-2013, 04:11 PM
A little update for the past few days:
Doing great and finally get some sleep. My daughter had a sinus infection, so we have not been sleeping well. That mixed with having to wake up at 3:30am makes it very very hard to not be tired. But finally got some sleep last night and felt a million times better today!!
I'm 3 pounds down this week which is great!!! Looking forward to homemade lasagna for cheat meal Sat night. yum yum.
Been dieting for 4 weeks now and down 13 pounds which Im very very happy with. Did shoulders today and the veins are starting to pop!! I still have til May, but its so wonderful to see the changes your body goes through and the hard work in the offseason coming out!!

mpalleyne
01-17-2013, 04:21 PM
A little update for the past few days:
Doing great and finally get some sleep. My daughter had a sinus infection, so we have not been sleeping well. That mixed with having to wake up at 3:30am makes it very very hard to not be tired. But finally got some sleep last night and felt a million times better today!!
I'm 3 pounds down this week which is great!!! Looking forward to homemade lasagna for cheat meal Sat night. yum yum.
Been dieting for 4 weeks now and down 13 pounds which Im very very happy with. Did shoulders today and the veins are starting to pop!! I still have til May, but its so wonderful to see the changes your body goes through and the hard work in the offseason coming out!!

It sure is great to see changes and results every time!!! I love it! You are doing so well! and I do hope your daughter feels better!

Riana Rohmann
01-18-2013, 02:19 PM
1 Week in. Today is an off day from weights. Just cardio and some stretching! Cheat meal tonight! YAY. Mushroom Cheeseburger and Fries and a coke. No dessert. Ive decided not to do desserts this time around. I have a hard time keeping myself from over-eating on sweets, so Im better off just not having them at all!!

I am the same way. If I eat sweets, then all the cravings come back and it becomes that much harder to stay on track. Over Xmas I binged on some cookies, and man, the next week was BRUTAL. Not only did it stall my weight loss for over 2 weeks, but the cravings were astronomical. I think sugar is the diet killer. We spend all this time training our bodies to be fat burning machines, and then to add sugar and spike that insulin kind of ruins it. Good job girl!

mrsflexgym
01-18-2013, 06:16 PM
It sure is great to see changes and results every time!!! I love it! You are doing so well! and I do hope your daughter feels better!

Thanks! She does. Im glad she just had a sinus infection and not the flu or strep throat. A sinus infection isnt contagious!! She is feeling a lot better and is back to her wild at heart self!

mrsflexgym
01-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Because of plans tomorrow, Im actually doing my cheat meal tonight. Some homemade lasagna and garlic bread!! Did progress pics today. Still have a ways to go in my legs, but my upper body is looking good. I have my work cut out on the bottom end, but I know it will all come off in the end. Still have 18 weeks to go. Plenty of time. Just stay focused, push hard, and focus on the end prize of making my body look like never before.

IslandGirl
01-19-2013, 01:59 AM
Beautiful shape!!! 18 weeks is plenty, plenty time to get that lower body down. Excited for you and to see the changes. It's gonna come.

Homemade lasagna (paired off with garlic bread) is one of my favs! Although I haven't made it in years. My mouth is watering just thinking of it. lol

Have a great weekend!

mpalleyne
01-20-2013, 07:06 PM
yes you are doing really great dear!! keep it rolling!

mrsflexgym
01-21-2013, 06:57 AM
yes you are doing really great dear!! keep it rolling!

Thanks!!!

mrsflexgym
01-21-2013, 07:00 AM
Beautiful shape!!! 18 weeks is plenty, plenty time to get that lower body down. Excited for you and to see the changes. It's gonna come.

Homemade lasagna (paired off with garlic bread) is one of my favs! Although I haven't made it in years. My mouth is watering just thinking of it. lol

Have a great weekend!

Thanks!! Sometimes I worry that my lower body wont be where I want it to be, but it made it last time, so I know it will this time. And Im leaner and weight less this time around and have more muscle. I will have to work for it, but that will just make it that much more glorifying!!!!

mrsflexgym
01-21-2013, 07:09 AM
So this week will be interesting. Sometimes you do something and you just sit there and think, REALLY?? Well, yesterday morning while I was washing my hair, I some how pinched a nerve in my right trap. I couldnt even finish the shower and my husband had to help me get dressed. Saw a nurse prac. and she said I just had a severe pinched nerve under a muscle and gave me some muscle relaxers and pain killers. So I spent all day yesterday walking around like an 80 year old woman and couldnt even pick up my 3 year old.
Today, I can move a little better, but it means no weight training for me for a few days. BIG BOOOOOOO. I am glad it happend now and not 5 weeks out. I will stick to the diet this week and I can still do my easy cardio. Im just hoping missing a little weight training wont set me back too far.

mrsflexgym
01-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Well instead of doing nothing at all, which Im supposed too...today was orignially my leg day so I did just a few body weight front and back lunges, some body weight squats, seated calf presses, standing leg curls, and leg extensions. Nothing too heavy and just higher reps this time. I can tell my neck is in pain, but I feel better I did a little something.
Now the cardio will be the easy part!! Lets hope for a better tomorrow so I can do some upper body. If not, I will push it til the end of the week.

Have a great day!!

Riana Rohmann
01-21-2013, 10:08 AM
My legs are definitely my problem area. I started running (which I HATE) to get them down. I never did it before because it takes a lot for me to build muscle in my upper body, and with running I felt like I lost it all, but this prep my protein has increased to 260g per day, so now with running, I dont feel like I lost any size at all in my upper, but my lower is definitely smaller!

Riana Rohmann
01-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Oh, and friggen lunge walks. I lift heavy on my legs, but I also do 2 days of like 500 walking lunges, just outdoors to really pull in the glute/hams...thats on my list today...blah :)

mrsflexgym
01-21-2013, 03:52 PM
My legs are definitely my problem area. I started running (which I HATE) to get them down. I never did it before because it takes a lot for me to build muscle in my upper body, and with running I felt like I lost it all, but this prep my protein has increased to 260g per day, so now with running, I dont feel like I lost any size at all in my upper, but my lower is definitely smaller!

I did some running in my offseason. I love HIITS and I dont mind 3-4 miles. Did a 5K back in Sept. But now that Im dieting, my diet doesnt allow running. Im working with Palumbo and he has me doing slower cardio with the no carbs. I did start to incorp the stepper today. So I do half cardio on stepper and the other half on the treadmill.
I think its good to find one person and stick with them and their advice. When you start doing 3 different peoples advice, thats where you mess up. So I dont question it, I just do as told. LOL

mrsflexgym
01-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Oh, and friggen lunge walks. I lift heavy on my legs, but I also do 2 days of like 500 walking lunges, just outdoors to really pull in the glute/hams...thats on my list today...blah :)

My husband believe in that also. Im not doing it yet, but the last 10 weeks I will be. Even he does "extra" lunges the last few weeks before his shows.

Riana Rohmann
01-21-2013, 04:12 PM
I did some running in my offseason. I love HIITS and I dont mind 3-4 miles. Did a 5K back in Sept. But now that Im dieting, my diet doesnt allow running. Im working with Palumbo and he has me doing slower cardio with the no carbs. I did start to incorp the stepper today. So I do half cardio on stepper and the other half on the treadmill.
I think its good to find one person and stick with them and their advice. When you start doing 3 different peoples advice, thats where you mess up. So I dont question it, I just do as told. LOL

YES Sticking to the advice of one person is definitely the best. Too many peoples advice gets waaaay to confusing. Lol. Plus Palumbo is a great coach, so definitely do what he says, I was just putting in my two-cents. :)

mrsflexgym
01-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Plus Palumbo is a great coach, so definitely do what he says, I was just putting in my two-cents. :)

It is always interesting to see what other people do and go through. Everyones bodies are sooooo different. Where you hold it, how you hold it, where you dont have it. LOL
My husband has been working with Dave since 08, so weve known him for a while. And Ive seen what he has done for so many people, men and women, so Im excited to see what he can do for me!!!

mrsflexgym
01-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Its funny how the further you get into your diet, you start looking at your next cheat meal. This time I actually know today cause my mom is coming to visit and is going to watch the 3 year old, so we actually get a date night!! We are going to the Cheesecake Factory, which if I wasnt dieting I could tear up 3 pieces and not even eat dinner. :drool:
But....Im going to be a good girl and make a sacrifice. Im going to eat salmon, sweet potato, and asparagus....so my hubby and I can split a piece of oreo cheesecake. That way I can have a little and not go over board and not harm my show diet. Yay!!

mrsflexgym
01-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Ok, so am I the only one that has ever messed up??? I have just had a hard week. Thank God I am only 17 1/2 weeks out. On Sunday I pinched a nerve in the back of my neck/trap area and have been on muscle relaxers and pain killers for 3 days. I have not been able to weight train and I think its got me in a funk. I have been doing my cardio and sticking to my diet. BUT.... today, I think my depression from not working out has set in and I ate a banana and 2 oreos. I know thats not alot, but its the point that I am not supposed to eat that. Now I feel even worse that I messed up. I feel like I cheated myself.
Ive been thinking and talking to myself and I know what to do. I know, just finish the day healthy and move on to tomorrow. I know I need to let my neck heal so I can get back to training without further injury. And I know as long as I do my cardio and diet correctly, it wont kill me to miss a week with the weights.
It just kind of stinks when nothing happens in the off season and then when your finally preping for a show, something happens. Oh well, such is life!!!

mrsflexgym
01-23-2013, 04:43 PM
I am finally starting to feel better in my neck. Woke up a little sore this morning, but I think that is just from sleeping on it all night. Actually made it all day without a muscle relaxer which makes me happy. I hate having to take things. I did take some ibprof. and that just helped with the swelling. Rubbed a little heated aspercream on the ol' trap and it started relaxing.
Its killing me not to weight train, but I know I need to let my body heal first. Only 2 more days left in this week and I can make it not training. Come Monday, I pray Im 100% or close, and I can get back to hitting it hard!!
What makes it so hard for me is my husband and I own a gym and Im there like 10 hours a day. Its like working in a cookie shop and not being able to eat cookies.

On another note, my cardio and diet have been on cue and my weight is just fine. I havnt lost anything yet this week, but that tends to happen anyway. To reach my goal, I only need to lose 1.3 pounds a week, and last week I lost 2 pounds. So I am happy where I stand!!

mrsflexgym
01-23-2013, 04:44 PM
And just to throw something out there for a wonderful lady....

If any of you are ever looking for a suit, check out Jen Whitfield with www.asuit2remember.com (http://www.asuit2remember.com) She is an RN in ATL and a very sweet, very talented, very amazing lady!!

IslandGirl
01-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Sorry to hear of your pinched nerve. But you are playing it smart and taking time off of lifting. Best thing you can do right now. I tweaked my back from sneezing, believe it or not. lol It must've been earth shattering. haha

I tell all my clients, one mess up? It's ok. Brush yourself off and get back on. No use crying over spilt milk and dwelling over it. Clean it up and onward you go. Learn from that...remember how you felt and all the thoughts that was going on in your head. Next time will be easier to say "No" to your cravings.

Finish this week off STRONG!

mrsflexgym
01-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Sorry to hear of your pinched nerve. But you are playing it smart and taking time off of lifting. Best thing you can do right now. I tweaked my back from sneezing, believe it or not. lol It must've been earth shattering. haha

I tell all my clients, one mess up? It's ok. Brush yourself off and get back on. No use crying over spilt milk and dwelling over it. Clean it up and onward you go. Learn from that...remember how you felt and all the thoughts that was going on in your head. Next time will be easier to say "No" to your cravings.

Finish this week off STRONG!

I had my "yearly" check up to day and I was talking to the doc about my neck. He said its when your not paying attention you get hurt. He said he threw his back out getting out of his car the wrong way. LOL. And my husband told me that Branch Warren tore his quad getting out of his car. Its just one of those freak things.

As far as the slip up, it was an oops. I think the first few weeks dieting is the hardest cause you have to get used to the changes and the restrictions. I will be 17 weeks out this Sat, so Im good to go on time. I have about 20 pounds to go, counting water, so I am in good shape. My biggest thing is Im very active. When I get bored I need something to do. So I went shopping and got some new books and they fill my empty boring times. As long as my mind is busy, I dont focus on food.

THANKS!!!!! :hmn:

mpalleyne
01-24-2013, 07:28 PM
great strategy!! Occupy the mind!!
Dieting always get to me in the first few weeks as well. But one just has to be determined to get it done :) Rest up and recover girl! Be careful

mrsflexgym
01-25-2013, 09:28 AM
So hard not to jump right into the weights today. This morning was the first morning I woke up with no pain in my neck!!!!! But Im gonna listen and just continue to rest so I know I will definitly be 100% come Monday. And Monday is leg day, so that gives me one more day til I have to hit the upper body. So Im hoping Tuesday I can blast these delts!

Looking forward to my weekend. My mommy is coming to visit and me and the hubs get a date night! With a 9 year old, a 3 year old, and owning and running a gym....we get very little "alone" time!!!!

17 weeks out tomorrow so no progress pics this week. Starting next week though I will have to have them taken every week. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

mrsflexgym
01-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Sometimes it get frustrating when you only see a 2 pound difference on the scale in 2 weeks.....BUT when you put on a skirt you havnt worn in 2 weeks and its a lot looser, that makes it all better. And it helps refresh the brain that the number on the scale isnt always that important.

Thankful for a busy Saturday. Saturdays are normally hard for me because Im not working or working out and all I can think about is my cheat meal later in the evening. So its a little harder to stay focused on diet. I do stay to it, but I have a lot of conversations with myself. LOL Taking my son to his swim lessons, then going grocery shopping, and picking up some stuff for the kiddos tonight. The hubby and I are going out to eat and to a movie, so it will be a nice evening!!

IslandGirl
01-27-2013, 01:35 AM
I had my "yearly" check up to day and I was talking to the doc about my neck. He said its when your not paying attention you get hurt. He said he threw his back out getting out of his car the wrong way. LOL. And my husband told me that Branch Warren tore his quad getting out of his car. Its just one of those freak things.

As far as the slip up, it was an oops. I think the first few weeks dieting is the hardest cause you have to get used to the changes and the restrictions. I will be 17 weeks out this Sat, so Im good to go on time. I have about 20 pounds to go, counting water, so I am in good shape. My biggest thing is Im very active. When I get bored I need something to do. So I went shopping and got some new books and they fill my empty boring times. As long as my mind is busy, I dont focus on food.

THANKS!!!!! :hmn:

And wasn't it Branch that fell down his stairs too? Or maybe it was someone else. LOL I can't remember.

Oh and just recently, I threw my lower back out while stretching in the gym! I fell like Raggedy Ann. Plop I went on the floor. That was totally bizarre. But yes your doc is right. It's usually when you are not paying attention. Pretty crazy!

Glad to hear your neck is so much better! Woohoo!

Have a fun date night with hubby!

mrsflexgym
01-28-2013, 08:06 AM
Its Monday!!! And no I didnt look forward to getting up at 3:30am for work, but Im totally hyped I get to workout!!!! Most men understand and only women who do what we do understand. Other women think Im crazy that I get excited to beat myself up. And what better way to start the week then with legs. Going to do a heavier workout today with 4-5 sets of 10-12. One leg squats, hacks squats, and barbell lunges are the main things with a few other things thrown in.

Weekend was great. I got to see my mom. Date with hubby was so much fun and the movie was great....until some punk kid started smoking in the theater and it stunk the last 20 mins of the movie. It still amazes me how rude and unthoughtful people can be, and honestly I should just expect it with the way this world is going.

Oh well! Nothing can stop my sunshine! Ready to smash some legs. Have a great day!

The Prodigy
01-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Sometimes it get frustrating when you only see a 2 pound difference on the scale in 2 weeks.....BUT when you put on a skirt you havnt worn in 2 weeks and its a lot looser, that makes it all better. And it helps refresh the brain that the number on the scale isnt always that important.

Thankful for a busy Saturday. Saturdays are normally hard for me because Im not working or working out and all I can think about is my cheat meal later in the evening. So its a little harder to stay focused on diet. I do stay to it, but I have a lot of conversations with myself. LOL Taking my son to his swim lessons, then going grocery shopping, and picking up some stuff for the kiddos tonight. The hubby and I are going out to eat and to a movie, so it will be a nice evening!!

I always wonder WHY this happens....you FEEL like you lost weight...you look like you lost weight...your clothes are looser..BUT the scale stays the same.....

Some say water..I say its the same little evil man who sits in the dryer and eats my socks!!! lol!!!

mrsflexgym
01-28-2013, 03:52 PM
I always wonder WHY this happens....you FEEL like you lost weight...you look like you lost weight...your clothes are looser..BUT the scale stays the same.....

Some say water..I say its the same little evil man who sits in the dryer and eats my socks!!! lol!!!

Thats so funny and so true! I have certain pants that I air dry cause I dont like the right after the dryer feel. And I know we have all done that little squat,lunge, stretching action to get those tight jeans a little looser. :lmao:

I think Im going to try something different this week to ease my mind. I have to report to Dave every Friday. So instead of weighing everyday and stressing, Im only going to weigh on Friday and that be the number I stick with all week. Because yes, sometimes I "feel" tighter and leaner and even look like I weigh less and I dont want that number pissing me off. hehe

mrsflexgym
01-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Wow!! Killed the legs today. Im already having a hard time sitting down. Sometimes I think I forget when you miss a week, you should ease back in. Well, I didnt. LOL And Im going to be paying for it tomorrow!!
Started with 4sets of walking lunges supersetted with leg extensions. Then did hack squats. Then one leg leg presses. Threw in some calves and some lying leg curls. OUCH!! But sadly enough, I loved every minute of it. Felt so good to be able to workout again.

Sunnyday
01-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Way to go first day back in the gym, girl! I love punishing the snot outa my bod every which way and would have gone nutso having to take off even ONE DAY for a pinched nerve! So I totally feel your pain in taking all that time off. Keep on killin' it! :D

mpalleyne
01-28-2013, 09:44 PM

It's the same with me week days are always my better diet days but weekends are challenging once I have nothing doing so I get busy. And yeah sometimes I feel like kicking my scale outside lol but I then look at the positives and say I'm gaining muscle while loosing fat :) We just got to keep going

mpalleyne
01-28-2013, 09:46 PM
Wow!! Killed the legs today. Im already having a hard time sitting down. Sometimes I think I forget when you miss a week, you should ease back in. Well, I didnt. LOL And Im going to be paying for it tomorrow!!
Started with 4sets of walking lunges supersetted with leg extensions. Then did hack squats. Then one leg leg presses. Threw in some calves and some lying leg curls. OUCH!! But sadly enough, I loved every minute of it. Felt so good to be able to workout again.

That's it girl! Way to go!! I killed today myself Love the soreness

IslandGirl
01-29-2013, 01:39 AM
Ouchy on DOMS. Maybe you could use this the next couple of days. ;)

mrsflexgym
01-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Way to go first day back in the gym, girl! I love punishing the snot outa my bod every which way and would have gone nutso having to take off even ONE DAY for a pinched nerve! So I totally feel your pain in taking all that time off. Keep on killin' it! :D

Yea, its hard to miss, especially a week, when its not a "planned" week off. And during a contest prep. Just glad it was at the beginning. And I own a gym and am there 9-10 hours a day, so it made it that much harder!

mrsflexgym
01-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Ouchy on DOMS. Maybe you could use this the next couple of days. ;)

Oh yes!!! been there several times in my life. LOL All you can do is just let out a grunt everytime you have to sit down or stand up.

mrsflexgym
01-29-2013, 06:11 PM
I do like training legs, but they are actually my 2nd favorite part to train. Today was my 1st fav, SHOUDLERS!!!! Love working my shoulder/boulders!!!!
Went a little lighter on the rev pec deck flys just to be careful with my right rear delt and trap area. Everything else I went heavy on with 3-4 sets. Started with some DB presses, then front raises on cable machine with a rope supersetted with rev pec flys. Then supersetted bar upright rows and DB side raises. Finished off with a drop set on the side lateral raise machine. LOVE LOVE LOVE getting the shoulders pumped. Expecially now with the veins popping out!!

Sunnyday
01-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Since you love shoulder training I think you will really enjoy this article. In it John Meadows demonstrates an exercise called "six ways". Video included in the article about halfway down page 2. It works best with light DBs at the end of your shoulder workout when your delts are already pumped. I used it as a finishing exercise to toast my already toasted shoulders and loved it so much it is now a staple.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/shoulder_training_the_mountain_dog_way

mrsflexgym
01-31-2013, 08:22 AM
Since you love shoulder training I think you will really enjoy this article. In it John Meadows demonstrates an exercise called "six ways". Video included in the article about halfway down page 2. It works best with light DBs at the end of your shoulder workout when your delts are already pumped. I used it as a finishing exercise to toast my already toasted shoulders and loved it so much it is now a staple.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/shoulder_training_the_mountain_dog_way

Wow, thats so crazy. Its funny to see all the different things people do. And its nice cause you never want to do the same thing over and over or you will never get anywhere!

mrsflexgym
01-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Tomorrow is my offical check in day.....but I figured I would post a few things today. I will have pictures up tomorrow, which I always get excited and nervous about. I havnt taken pics in 2 weeks, so Im wondering what the changes are.
The odd thing, is in the past 3 weeks, Ive only lost 1 pound so far, and that was today. I hate hitting a wall, but it just means its time to change something. Which I will see what that is tomorrow. Good thing overall, its looks great. I am 6 weeks into my diet, 16 weeks to go. I have so far lost 15 pounds and have about 20 more to go. My waist has gone from 28 to 26 inches, my thigh from 24 to 21 3/4, and my arms from 14-13. So if I look at the bigger picture, it makes me happy.

Today is back today. Going to focus on a heavy higher rep day. Focusing more on holding and squeezing my pullups and pulldowns, and supersetting some middle and lower back exercises.

mrsflexgym
02-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Yay for Friday! 16 weeks to go til show time! I always love Fridays, but the best part is, I dont have to get up at 3:30am to go to work tomorrow. I get to sleep in!! Even though, sad enough, I usully wake up around 4:30. Also, Sat nights are cheat nights and it just makes the end of my week complete.
A couple of changes for this next upcoming week. Changes are good and bad. Bad cause it means it gets harder, but good cause you know you might see some new results.
I also have been talking to my suit lady, Jen Whitfield with www.asuit2remember.com (http://www.asuit2remember.com) She sent me some fabric and color samples. I have dark brown eyes and blonde hair, so I think red would look amazing. Ive given her my suit style and some ideas for crystal work. If you do figure, you know as well as I do, that your suit is one of the most exciting parts!
Did some chest, tri's, and abs today. Not my favorite day, but gotta hit the whole body. Tomorrow will be an easy day. Just cardio, stretching, and posing.

mrsflexgym
02-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Happy Monday!! Had a great weekend. We actually got about 3 inches of snow on Saturday so I enjoyed playing with my daughter. She absolutly loved it! Her first real snow. Had pizza Sat night for my cheat and it was awesome! Nothing like the good chessy greasy carbs to make you feel better, and then crash 2 hours later. LOL

Looking forward to another week of hard training. A few new changes this week, so hopefully I will see some good results. Started Monday right with leg day!! Hit up 5 sets of 20 squats. Went lighter and focused more on reps today. Did some stiff legs, calves, and then finished with 5 sets of 15 lying leg curls and leg extensions. Sometimes I think going higher rep is harder than lower rep with heavy weights. Its so taxing to bust out 20 of something than 12.

Well, off to refuel. Hello steak, broccoli, and o.o!

sce0027
02-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Happy Monday!! Had a great weekend. We actually got about 3 inches of snow on Saturday so I enjoyed playing with my daughter. She absolutly loved it! Her first real snow. Had pizza Sat night for my cheat and it was awesome! Nothing like the good chessy greasy carbs to make you feel better, and then crash 2 hours later. LOL

Looking forward to another week of hard training. A few new changes this week, so hopefully I will see some good results. Started Monday right with leg day!! Hit up 5 sets of 20 squats. Went lighter and focused more on reps today. Did some stiff legs, calves, and then finished with 5 sets of 15 lying leg curls and leg extensions. Sometimes I think going higher rep is harder than lower rep with heavy weights. Its so taxing to bust out 20 of something than 12.

Well, off to refuel. Hello steak, broccoli, and o.o!

Loving that cheat meal!! I did legs today as well. Have a great week!!!

Sunnyday
02-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Love me a juicy steak after bombing legs. :drool:

meaganhesham
02-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Both your competition and your off-season looks are gorgeous! Love following your journey here - we have similar show dates and fat-loss goals!

mrsflexgym
02-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Both your competition and your off-season looks are gorgeous! Love following your journey here - we have similar show dates and fat-loss goals!

Well thank you! I love to eat, so I get a little too heavy in my offseason. It would be so much easier on me if I only had like 15 pounds to lose, but especially around the holidays I like to eat, so I started off having to lose 25-30. I hold all my weight in my legs and butt and just a little in my tummy.
Its coming off, slowly but surely. I would rather diet a little bit longer, just to make sure I have enough time!

mrsflexgym
02-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Today was my fav day, shoulders!!! Had a great workout. Actually made myself a little sick, but that just meant I worked hard. LOL

Sinuses have been bothering me today. Weather in TN is sooooo weird. Last Weds was 72, then tornados on Thur, then 24 on Fri, then 4 inches of snow on Sat, and today is 64. Its like it cant make up its mind if its spring or winter. And its killing everyones sinuses down here. Oh well, at least on days like today I can take my little girl to the park!!!!

My weight is being a little mean right now. I can tell a diff in my pictures, definitly in my arms and shoulders, and Ive lost an inch off my waist and thigh in the past 2 weeks, but my weight's been stuck the past 2 weeks. Well, the good thing about figure is you dont have to weigh in, you just have to look ready.

blergs
02-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Tomorrow is first week check in with Palumbo. I try not to weight myself everyday cause I want to focus on the fact that Im eating and exercising the way I should and just trust the weight will come off at the right time.
I can tell the no carb is kicking in. Espeically in the afternoons after my workouts and cardio are done and Im not as busy. I eat and 45 mins later, Im hungry again. Better get used to it the husband says. :hypno:
I can tell from my pics I took last week that my upper body has come a long ways. Here is a pic from my show in March 2010:
140601 Not too bad for just having had a baby and a c-section!!

And here is a pic from 20 weeks out. Please dont be too harsh. Ive got about 20-25 pounds to go and its all in my legs. LOL. But I can tell Ive got a lot more muscle in my shoulders and back!! And you can see how horrible I look now, so in 5 weeks I will look a lot better!!!

I think you look AWESOME!

and welcome to the forum! :-)

mrsflexgym
02-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Thursday: Blasted back today. Focused more on squeezing motions, with heavy weight and 10 reps. I can tell my body is dieting cause I am slowly losing my strength. Which I knew would happen pretty soon.
7 weeks in, 15 weeks to go. 2 pounds down this week, finally. Was stuck at a stand still for 2 weeks. My upper body is coming along nicely. My back and shoulders pop out a lot faster than my lower body. But I know my lower body will get there, it will just take a little longer. Here's pics from today. Definitly starting to look better, but still have a ways to go. And no butt shots, Im not that comfortable yet. LOL :no:

mrsflexgym
02-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Happy Friday! Today was my least fav day. Chest and Tri's. Its not that I hate them, I just dont enjoy them as much as back, shoulders, and legs. Im having my cheat tonight and starting tomorrow, 15 weeks out, everything changes. My diet has changed, my cardio has changed and gone up. So Im looking forward to see what these changes will do in the next week.
Also, after tonight, for the rest of prep, my cheat meals are going to be cleaned up. No more sweets, no more over doing it. When I eat things like pizza and cookie, I tend to eat too much and Im putting 2-3 pounds on from each cheat meal. So tonight is the last "bad" cheat meal. And then will be sushi and potatos and burgers pretty much.
Sometimes we tend to get nervous about changes, but Im trying to look at them in a different light. I know Im making progress, but slow progress. And with it being 15 weeks, its time to see more drastic changes. So, rest and cardio only this weekend, and lets see what the new week of completly new changes brings!!
Have a great weekend everyone!

mpalleyne
02-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Yes Change sometimes scares us but its always good to have them because that's the only way you see changes in your body. Enjoy your prep

MsFitMama
02-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Nice lats! What do you do for lower body training? Yes your lower body will get there and you have plenty of time! You are on your way :)

mrsflexgym
02-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Nice lats! What do you do for lower body training? Yes your lower body will get there and you have plenty of time! You are on your way :)

Im always doing something different on leg day. Sometimes heavier weight with 10-12 reps, sometimes lighter weight with 15-20 reps. And the normal, squats, one leg squats, lunges of all kinds, leg press, stepups....all the basics. Ive got great muscle in my legs, its just the place where I hold all my weight!!! About 80% of my fat gets stored in my legs, and of couse its the last place that it comes off of. Ive done it before, so I know it will come off. My biggest problem, and I know this, is I like to eat, and its been 3 years since my last show, so instead of only having 15 pounds to lose, when I started it was 30. No I only have 15 to go.

mrsflexgym
02-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Monday Monday which means.... LEG DAY!!! Yay!!! Already got my cardio knocked out of the way. Now just have to eat, train 2 people, and then train my legs! Going to do more of a slow, squeeze workout today with heavier weight. Going to focus on the contractions of the muscles and shock up my legs a little!!!!

Riana Rohmann
02-11-2013, 02:19 PM
AH Leg Monday! Mine is Leg Tuesday! I cant wait to push some weights today. Gonna do a heavier circuit this week as well while I am well fed :) Just wanted to stop ion and see howyour journey was going. 15 lbs! Thats great!!

mrsflexgym
02-11-2013, 03:26 PM
AH Leg Monday! Mine is Leg Tuesday! I cant wait to push some weights today. Gonna do a heavier circuit this week as well while I am well fed :) Just wanted to stop ion and see howyour journey was going. 15 lbs! Thats great!!

Thanks!!!! :hmn: I do legs on Mondays cause my cheat meal is Sat night and I usually still have a little energy left. Tuesdays is shoulders, which is my fav day!!! Have a great day!

mrsflexgym
02-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Had a good leg day! I can tell Im starting to fade faster during my training. I do great the first 20 mins and then the last 20 or so Im dragging....but I still get it done! Changed up my squats a bit today. I did them on the smith machine with a 1 foot tall box. I would sit all the way down on the box, pause for 2 seconds and then try to blast back up. I managed 4x10 with 75 pounds. And my thighs are already feeling!! I love a challenge though, cause thats when you change!!

mrsflexgym
02-12-2013, 05:08 PM
So funny...I was stuck at same weight for 3 and a half weeks, made some changes last week, and the weight is falling off this week!!! yipee!!! One of the changes is my cardio was upped 20 mins. I can tell cause my legs are TIRED!! But the changes are great cause it pushed me past my plateu. Im already making up for the weight I didnt lose the past few weeks. Which will relieve alot of stress.
Had a great shoulder day today. The fatigue is definitly setting in. But push through.
Went grocery shopping with my 3 year old today. Sometimes its so hard cause Im buying all my stuff, and also the little snacks (pb crackers, gold fish, graham crackers..ect) for my 2 kids. I normally dont even care for that stuff, but I think the thought that I know I cant have it, makes me want it. So I bought a diet Dr Pepper and went on my way. One good thing about dieting right now, is Im not eating ANY valentine's day candy....instead of eating way to much. So theres always pluses to any negative.

mpalleyne
02-14-2013, 12:26 PM
yep cardio seems to do that lol! Changes We got to welcome them!!! Kick Butt girl

mrsflexgym
02-16-2013, 12:03 PM
14 weeks to go!!! Its slowly slowly getting closer. Got my blank suit in the mail the other day to make sure the length and everything was good! My suit lady (asuit2remember.com) is AMAZING. Other than the butt part being tight (which I still have 15 pounds to lose) the suit was perfect. So I put it back in the mail and she will start on the stone work next week. Thats one reason I love her soooo much, she sends the blank suit to make sure its right before ever doing the stone work.
This week was a good week. Lost another 1/2 inch off my thigh and Im down a size in my jeans. I lost 3 pounds this week, which was nice since I was stuck for 3 weeks. No changes this week, so I just will keep trudging along. The hubby and I are going to spend the evening on our "valentine's" date since we work during the week. Going to an all you can eat sushi and hibatchi grill!!!!
My hubby starts dieting tomorrow, so this will be the first time we've ever dieted together. His show is 6 weeks after mine.

tlwatkins
02-25-2013, 02:13 PM
First off, Hi!! My husband started a thread on here a few weeks back, and has talked me into doing the same. I have never done one before, but thought it a good idea to keep focused.
My husband has been bodybuilding for 12 years and Im "slowly" following in his footsteps...but for figure. I did one show, back in 2010, 9 months after having my daughter. I did ok, but man did I have a lot to learn. Yes I looked GREAT for just having a kid, but I was bottom heavy, stringy on top, and still not lean enough for figure.
So for the past 2 and a half years, Ive been "re-building" my figure. Ive been leaning out my legs and building my shoulders and lats. I just turned 30 last month and have decided Im going to bring in 30 with a bang and get back to competing. The first show I am going to do is in May! So my 20 week journey starts this Saturday.
So let's see what happens!!!! :byeb:

You go girl! I found figure at age 43...i've since switched to WP! Age ain't nothing but a state of mind! Do your thing!