PDA

View Full Version : your thoughts on a training split

jeff_hardy
06-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Hey guys
I've been trying to come ukp with a training split. I would like to do bodyparts a day but would like to train 5 day per week. the other thing that I have to put in is that I want to only train legs on Saturdays b/c I go to a hardcore gym that has more of an old school feel to it and has the old metal and I don't think I can handle training legs as hard as i do in the week. during the week I go to a gym that is more geared to fitness. Its a pain in the ass to look for plates all the time. I get so pissed doing for plates on arm day.

My current split is
chest / abs
back / traps
off
shoulders and calves
arms
legs
off

I would like to take arms apart. either chest biceps and shoulders and tris.

any advice is good.
thanks a lot

B7emm
06-14-2009, 08:50 PM
I like to split like this chest, shoulders, tris. Back, biceps, lower arms. legs,calves. i train abs every work out because of a lower back disk injery it helps to keep it stable. i like to train with mentzers H.I.T. train back after biceps so you use more back with less arms. also you need more rest time so you dont over do it . just my thoughts. good luck bro.

Ronnie Rowland
06-18-2009, 11:18 AM
I like to split like this chest, shoulders, tris. Back, biceps, lower arms. legs,calves. i train abs every work out because of a lower back disk injery it helps to keep it stable. i like to train with mentzers H.I.T. train back after biceps so you use more back with less arms. also you need more rest time so you dont over do it . just my thoughts. good luck bro. You do need to train abs more than twice a week max.;)

Ronnie Rowland
06-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Hey guys
I've been trying to come ukp with a training split. I would like to do bodyparts a day but would like to train 5 day per week. the other thing that I have to put in is that I want to only train legs on Saturdays b/c I go to a hardcore gym that has more of an old school feel to it and has the old metal and I don't think I can handle training legs as hard as i do in the week. during the week I go to a gym that is more geared to fitness. Its a pain in the ass to look for plates all the time. I get so pissed doing for plates on arm day.

My current split is
chest / abs
back / traps
off
shoulders and calves
arms
legs
off

I would like to take arms apart. either chest biceps and shoulders and tris.

any advice is good.
thanks a lot

Try this 4 day split-

Chest/Biceps
Legs
off
Shoulders/Triceps
Back
off
off

jeff_hardy
06-20-2009, 12:55 AM
I've used that split in the pas.

Ronnie Rowland
06-21-2009, 11:02 PM
I've used that split in the pas.and?

ChunkyThunder
06-21-2009, 11:49 PM
My last 4 day split was

Legs
Chest/abs
back/bi
shoulder/trap/tri
off
off

Yeah was a 6 day split

jeff_hardy
06-22-2009, 07:50 PM
and?

I couldn't stand off days. Call me addicked to the pump or whatever but I just can't stand not working out. I like kinda killing it so i don't have the ergy to get up out the bed.
but I'll problaly will have to do a 4 day training split b/c the cost of trevaling to my gym is going on on the 1st. I use pubic trans, I can't drive.

JYD
06-22-2009, 08:29 PM
your split can somewhat depend on your goals/ weaknesses... do u have anything ur trying to bring up or focus on?

jeff_hardy
06-22-2009, 08:55 PM
just my chest right now. but I just want to get bigger size overall. Legs are my strongest bodypart right now which is why I train them on the last day.

sorel_c
06-22-2009, 08:59 PM
team up biceps with chest and triceps with back, and train chest twice a week!

your split is the same as mine. Dont see anything wrong with it

JYD
06-23-2009, 12:20 AM
well maybe this if u want 4 days w/ 2 chest, this might be a good switch up, hard craming all that into 4 days so be sure to recover well on your days off.
Mon: Chest / Tris
Tues: back/ bis
wed: off
Thurs: Shoulders/ hams/ traps
Fri: Legs/ chest

B7emm
06-23-2009, 04:08 AM
well maybe this if u want 4 days w/ 2 chest, this might be a good switch up, hard craming all that into 4 days so be sure to recover well on your days off.
Mon: Chest / Tris
Tues: back/ bis
wed: off
Thurs: Shoulders/ hams/ traps
Fri: Legs/ chest

good split i have used this one before.

jeff_hardy
06-26-2009, 04:54 AM
I'm starting to get the 4 days split now. it had to cook in my brain and its starting to make since. what do u guys do on your off days?

I'm starting to understand that an arm day seems to do a waste of a session or could be used for greater things.

when I see a 4 day split I think HIT b/c thats a lot for a person to do in 60 minutes. I try to switch around everything form the sets and the reps.. I guess I would have to keep it around 12sets?

Ronnie Rowland
06-28-2009, 07:16 PM
I couldn't stand off days. Call me addicked to the pump or whatever but I just can't stand not working out. I like kinda killing it so i don't have the ergy to get up out the bed.
but I'll problaly will have to do a 4 day training split b/c the cost of trevaling to my gym is going on on the 1st. I use pubic trans, I can't drive.

You might be a candidate for twice a week muscle training as a baseline!

For example:

Monday: Chest, lats, shoulders
Tuesday: Arms, legs
Thursday: Same as Monday
Friday: Same as Tuesday

Ronnie Rowland
06-28-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm starting to get the 4 days split now. it had to cook in my brain and its starting to make since. what do u guys do on your off days?

I'm starting to understand that an arm day seems to do a waste of a session or could be used for greater things.

when I see a 4 day split I think HIT b/c thats a lot for a person to do in 60 minutes. I try to switch around everything form the sets and the reps.. I guess I would have to keep it around 12sets?
jeff, I think you are over analyzing. If you are training with great intensity then 4 days should work. It works for me!:)

jeff_hardy
06-29-2009, 08:40 PM
when would you do cardio? per or post workout? I'm starting to notice a gut you would say LOL

ChunkyThunder
06-29-2009, 09:42 PM
post workout