PDA

View Full Version : My Training Journal. Feedback is appreciated.

sce0027
01-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Sunday = Legs & Cardio

Squats: 4 sets of 12 with 250 lbs
Hack squats: 4 sets of 15 with 125 lbs
Leg Curls: 1 set of 15 with 45 lbs, 3 sets of 12 with 45 lbs.
Leg Extensions: 1 set of 15 with 100 lbs, 1 set of 12 with 115, 1 set of 12 with 130.
(Fatigue began to set in at this point, decreased weight)
Kickbacks: 3 sets of 12 with 45 lbs each leg.
Stiff leg deadlifts: 4 sets of 12 with 60 lbs.
30 mins of cardio on elliptical. Used the interval function on the highest level. 600 cals burned.

Meals: Went pretty low on net carbs today. Had my cheat meal yesterday.

1. 1 Scoop of ON protein powder (banana cream flavor)
2. Quest Bar (cinnamon bun flavor) and handful of almonds.
3. MHP vanilla protein pudding
4. 1 can of tuna (21 g protein), kale chips, baked zucchini slices. 1 cup fresh strawberries with stevia.
5. ON Casein Shake (cookie dough flavor) and a handful of almonds.

Feedback is appreciated!

roni1015
01-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Hey girl! Great job!

Just wondering, do you always go so heavy on the protein supps instead of natural sources like meat, etc?

sce0027
01-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Hey girl! Great job!

Just wondering, do you always go so heavy on the protein supps instead of natural sources like meat, etc?

Well I didn't have much of an appetite today so I still tried to get my macros in. I'm pescatarian so when I do eat natural foods its usually tuna, tilapia, salmon, etc. I'll take note of that and do better tomorrow! Thanks for pointing that out!

roni1015
01-14-2013, 07:48 AM
Well I didn't have much of an appetite today so I still tried to get my macros in. I'm pescatarian so when I do eat natural foods its usually tuna, tilapia, salmon, etc. I'll take note of that and do better tomorrow! Thanks for pointing that out!

I feel ya! Nothing kills my appetite like the thought of having to eat meat, or fish. Blech. I am NOT a fan of any of it. Protein shakes and bars taste SO much better! Lol. I used to have about 4 of my 5 meals as protein shakes for that very reason but since forcing myself to actually eat more real food I've noticed a big difference in my shape... especially my midsection. Just a thought. :)

Have a great day, girl!

mrsflexgym
01-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Dang girl, rocking the squats. On a good day I work with 185lb. 250lb is impressive!!! And I always start with squats too cause they are so taxing. Keep pushing it!

sce0027
01-14-2013, 12:40 PM
I feel ya! Nothing kills my appetite like the thought of having to eat meat, or fish. Blech. I am NOT a fan of any of it. Protein shakes and bars taste SO much better! Lol. I used to have about 4 of my 5 meals as protein shakes for that very reason but since forcing myself to actually eat more real food I've noticed a big difference in my shape... especially my midsection. Just a thought. :)

Have a great day, girl!

Hey there! Yes, I may have small legs but there's a little strength in them! My legs are feeling it today, though! My diet is a little better today, will post this afternoon! You have a great day as well! Thanks for the advice!

sce0027
01-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Dang girl, rocking the squats. On a good day I work with 185lb. 250lb is impressive!!! And I always start with squats too cause they are so taxing. Keep pushing it!

Squats are my favorite, I like to do a lot of them. 185 is great as well! I think I'm going to lower the weight a little so I can be able to walk the rest of the week! I'm in some serious pain today! I love it, though! Have a great day!

mrsflexgym
01-14-2013, 03:31 PM
I definitly love deadlifts more than squats. Its funny, I think most of the time people like one better than the other. My deadlifts are a million times better than my squats. The best Ive done is maxed 275, done 135 for 40 reps, and done 185 for 3x10. My squats should be better, but I dont like those as much. LOL

sce0027
01-14-2013, 05:27 PM
I definitly love deadlifts more than squats. Its funny, I think most of the time people like one better than the other. My deadlifts are a million times better than my squats. The best Ive done is maxed 275, done 135 for 40 reps, and done 185 for 3x10. My squats should be better, but I dont like those as much. LOL

Deadlifts are awesome too! Do you ever use a belt when you deadlift?

mrsflexgym
01-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Deadlifts are awesome too! Do you ever use a belt when you deadlift?

Just when I go heavy. Like last week I did 3x20 with 135lb and I didnt use one. But when I did 2x10 185lb I did. If its more challanging I do cause it keeps my form in check. I do the same with squats. Anything over 160 I use my belt.

sce0027
01-14-2013, 08:57 PM
Just when I go heavy. Like last week I did 3x20 with 135lb and I didnt use one. But when I did 2x10 185lb I did. If its more challanging I do cause it keeps my form in check. I do the same with squats. Anything over 160 I use my belt.

Good deal. I don't have one of my own but I will definitely be getting one soon so I can make sure my form is in check when I lift heavier.

sce0027
01-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Monday: Back and Bi's

Assisted Pull Ups = 1 set of 15, 3 sets to failure with less weight (6 reps)
Lat Pull Downs = 80 for 1 set of 15, 100 for 3 reps of 10.
T Bar Rows = 60 for 4 reps of 12
Seated Cable Rows = (did 2 sessions of these. Love the burn!) 130 for 6 sets of 15
Fatigue setting in now!
Preacher curls = 30 for 4 reps of 12
Seated full range curls = 12 for 4 reps of 10
45 mins cardio

Meals: It was a very busy day, so I had to eat on the go!
1. 1/2 cup egg whites, 1 cup plain cheerios with unsweetened almond milk, 1 apple.
2. Myofusion Protein (Strawberry) with a scoop of fiber.
3. Quest Bar and a handful of almonds.
4. Quest Bar
5. Tuna and broccoli before bed.

mrsflexgym
01-15-2013, 03:32 PM
Good deal. I don't have one of my own but I will definitely be getting one soon so I can make sure my form is in check when I lift heavier.

When you do get one, make sure you get one that is for women. Dont get just any ole belt. The ones made for women fit over our hip bones better!! And of course they are smaller around. I think I got mine on bb.com. Its been 3 years so I can remember. About $50 bucks but will last for 10 years!

I got one from Cardillo a year ago and I love it! Fits me SOO well!!

IslandGirl
01-15-2013, 05:38 PM
I have an old purple suede Cardillo belt that I have had for over 20 years. It's heavy duty, but yet small enough that it doesn't dig in. They don't make these anymore.

I do have an another belt, very similar from http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FOREVER_BB_TAPER_BUCKLE And you can choose your colors. I got a pink one. This one is considered my off-season belt but I haven't used it over 2 years. (I guess that is a good thing??? lol)

I have had neoprene/nylon belts with velcro and those are not good. The velcro gets used and worn out and then it doesn't hold. Waste of money IMO.

The Prodigy
01-15-2013, 11:30 PM
When you do get one, make sure you get one that is for women. Dont get just any ole belt. The ones made for women fit over our hip bones better!! And of course they are smaller around. I think I got mine on bb.com. Its been 3 years so I can remember. About $50 bucks but will last for 10 years!

sce0027
01-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Tuesday: Cardio 45 minutes elliptical on highest intensity on intervals.

Meals:

1. Oats(40 g) and egg whites(1/2 cup)
2. Quest bar and almonds.
3. Can of tuna with 1 cup brown rice and baked zucchini slices
4. Can of tuna with broccoli and avocado
5. Casein shake with unsweetened almond milk and water.

Feeling pretty sore today! Gotta train through the pain!

sce0027
01-16-2013, 12:56 PM
This isn't complete for today, as of yet. Just wanted to jot down my training session and a few of my meals before I forget!

Wednesday: Shoulders, Chest, Tri's.

Military Press: 30 lb. weights: 1 set 15, 3 sets of 8.
Delt Fly: 15 lb weights, 1 set 15, 3 sets of 12.
Rope Pulldowns: 70 lbs for 1 set of 15, 60 lbs for 1 set of 15 and 2 sets of 12.
Incline Chest Press: 65 lbs (I'm so weak today!) 1 set 15, 3 sets to failure (8).
Tri extensions: 45 lbs 4 sets of 12.
Chest fly: 55 lbs 3 sets of 12
Rear delt fly on machine: 45 lbs 3 sets of 12.
Shoulder press on machine: 55 lbs 4 sets of 10.
40 mins cardio on elliptical with intervals at highest level: Machine said 1100 cals burned, not sure how accurate it is.

Meals:

1. Oats (about 40 g, didn't eat all of them) with a scoop of pureed pumpkin, fiber, stevia, and pumpkin pie spice. MHP Protein pudding mixed in.
2. Can of tuna with brown rice. Few almonds.
3. Post-workout protein shake (myofusion strawberry) mixed with water.

(Not finished for today. Will edit this evening!)
Happy training, everyone!

sce0027
01-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Just finishing up yesterday's meals here:

4. Egg whites, tuna, and broccoli
5. Quest bar
6. Casein shake with 1/2 cup almond milk, the rest water.

Hope everyone has an awesome day!

sce0027
01-18-2013, 11:28 PM
Hello, everyone!

Sorry, these past few days have been so busy and tiresome! Took my 2 rest days yesterday and today (meals on point, though. can't let my training go to waste!). Back to the gym tomorrow for a full upper body workout, then my cheat meal! Sunday means back to training and clean eating. Hope everyone has a great day/night!

IslandGirl
01-19-2013, 01:50 AM
We all get busy and life gets hectic. You're doing a great job! Glad you had a great rest days. Those are so needed! As much as I enjoy lifting and being in the gym, my rest days are valuable as well. Hope you have a great weekend!

sce0027
01-19-2013, 10:53 AM
We all get busy and life gets hectic. You're doing a great job! Glad you had a great rest days. Those are so needed! As much as I enjoy lifting and being in the gym, my rest days are valuable as well. Hope you have a great weekend!

Gotta have those rest days! Can't wait to get back in there today, though! You have a great weekend as well!

sce0027
01-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Saturday - back, bi's, tri's

Assisted Pull Ups - 1 set of 15, 3 sets to failure (decreased the added weight each set. maxed out at 5 for each set.
Tricep dips - 3 sets of 10
Rows - did 1 session of 3 sets of 15 (single arm rows), then another at the end of training 3 sets of 12 with both arms.
Cable curls - 3 sets of 12
Bicep curls - 3 sets of 12
Tricep extensions - 3 sets of 15
Lat Pulldowns - 3 sets of 12
Tricep extensions with rope - 3 sets of 12

Meals:
Meal 1: Quest bar and strawberries with stevia
Meal 2: Tuna and brown rice
Meal 3: ON Banana cream protein shake with strawberries
Meal 4: Cheat meal!
(Not much of an appetite again today. Not going to eat too much for my cheat meal since my appetite has been so weird this week.)

Happy training, y'all!

sce0027
01-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Sunday: LEGS!

Smith Machine Squats: 4 sets of 12 (225 lbs)
Hack Squats: 3 sets of 12 (135 lbs)
Stiff leg deadlifts: 4 sets of 12 (95 lbs)
Step Ups with bar: 3 sets of 10
Cable kickbacks: 3 sets of 10 (45 lbs)
Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 12(130,115 lbs) then 2 sets of 5 alternating legs (55 lbs)
Leg Curls: 3 sets of 12 (45 lbs)
Walking lunges: wall to wall, probably 10 steps 3 sets. (25 lbs each arm)

Meals:
1. Egg Whites and oatmeal with scoop of natural peanut butter.
2. Quest bar and almonds.
3. Protein shake (ON 100% Whey banana cream)
4. Tuna, green beans, brown rice
5. Casein shake with almond milk

broadys
01-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Hi great journal
whats your favorite cheat meal?
I like the convenience of bars and shakes too.

roni1015
01-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Just popping in to say heeey! Great work, hon!! Have an amazing week! :)

sce0027
01-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Hi great journal
whats your favorite cheat meal?
I like the convenience of bars and shakes too.

Hey there!
I usually go for chinese food when I do cheat meals. When I first started incorporating cheat meals all I wanted was pizza, but that has definitely changed. The only bars I eat are quest bars, can't find another that isn't full of sugar or sugar alcohols. Plus they taste good!

sce0027
01-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Just popping in to say heeey! Great work, hon!! Have an amazing week! :)

Thanks for stopping by!!!! Have a fantastic week as well! I'll keep in touch!

mpalleyne
01-20-2013, 07:58 PM
You are doing such a great job!! Keep going!

mrsflexgym
01-21-2013, 07:04 AM
I sometimes forget about Chinese food. That does sound like a good option!!! I usually stick to more of the pastas! My husbands fav is pizza and I love lasagna or anything with alfredo sauce. And not to mention the garlic bread.

Riana Rohmann
01-21-2013, 09:59 AM
I LOVE Quest bars. Havnt had one since my prep started though... I seriously miss them :) But my coach wants most of my food from real food, especially the closer I get to a show. I am weeks out now and on no artificial sweeteners...

sce0027
01-21-2013, 11:14 AM
You are doing such a great job!! Keep going!

Without a doubt! Thanks for following along, I will do the same for you! Have a good day!

I sometimes forget about Chinese food. That does sound like a good option!!! I usually stick to more of the pastas! My husbands fav is pizza and I love lasagna or anything with alfredo sauce. And not to mention the garlic bread.

Now you've given me a new idea for my next cheat meal in two weeks. I forgot how much I loved bread! Hope you have a great day!

I LOVE Quest bars. Havnt had one since my prep started though... I seriously miss them :) But my coach wants most of my food from real food, especially the closer I get to a show. I am weeks out now and on no artificial sweeteners...

Wow! I'm excited for you and your competition! Summer 2014 will be my debut (hopefully physique). Right now I'm focusing on finishing up my undergrad and getting prepped for grad school. I will be getting my own trainer once I figure out where I'll be next year! Can't wait to see your competition pictures! I'll be following along!

skyeDoll
01-21-2013, 06:06 PM
'ello! hopefully you dont mind me popping in!
just a quick question...
you mentioned early on in your posts that you "worked to fit in your macros for the day"... do you count fat/carb/&prot?
It's awesome awesome awesome that you kill it in the gym but by me simply reading you had 4-5 meals (at least 1-2 being shakes and usually 2 Quest bars in a day)... little 'ol me just doesn't feel you're getting ANYWHERE near close to a GOOD amount of calories!!

when you say you count your macros, is it just protein you're shooting for?
do you know at least how many calories you get in a day?

mrsflexgym
01-21-2013, 06:21 PM

I have never had a quest bar. Ive had the Oh Yeah and Supreme Bars though and they are great. But none here for now. Im still using stevia in my coffee and one diet soda and 2 pieces of gum. Not looking forward to cutting those out at 4 weeks out. Not the stevia but the other two.

sce0027
01-21-2013, 08:06 PM
I have never had a quest bar. Ive had the Oh Yeah and Supreme Bars though and they are great. But none here for now. Im still using stevia in my coffee and one diet soda and 2 pieces of gum. Not looking forward to cutting those out at 4 weeks out. Not the stevia but the other two.

I definitely believe in you. Just think about how awesome you're going to look on stage! Before I found quest bars, I used the supreme protein bars (PB&J was my favorite!)

sce0027
01-21-2013, 08:12 PM
'ello! hopefully you dont mind me popping in!
just a quick question...
you mentioned early on in your posts that you "worked to fit in your macros for the day"... do you count fat/carb/&prot?
It's awesome awesome awesome that you kill it in the gym but by me simply reading you had 4-5 meals (at least 1-2 being shakes and usually 2 Quest bars in a day)... little 'ol me just doesn't feel you're getting ANYWHERE near close to a GOOD amount of calories!!

when you say you count your macros, is it just protein you're shooting for?
do you know at least how many calories you get in a day?

Hey there! I definitely don't mind! I'm like a sponge soaking up as much information as I possibly can! I was told by a local figure competitor in my area not to count my calories, just make sure my macros are on point. With my food today, I estimate about 2000 calories, 200 g protein(from my fish, protein powders, and quest bars), 100 g carbs (including fibrous, sugar, and sugar alcohols), and I upped my fats to about 40 g (natural peanut butter, avocado, coconut oil, lots of almonds.) I'll make you proud of me tomorrow and eat more calories!! Thank you for your advice! You look amazing, by the way!

sce0027
01-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Monday: Chest, Delts, Tri's.

Military press with dumbbells: 30 lbs - 1 set of 15, 1 set of 12, 1 set of 10
Single arm dumbbell rows: 40 lbs 1 set of 15, 45 lbs 2 sets of 10
Machine chest press: 70 lbs 4 sets of 12
Chest flies: 55 lbs 1 set of 15, 2 sets of 12
Rear delt flies: 55 lbs 4 sets of 10
Delt raises with dumbbells: 20 lbs 1 set of 15, 2 sets of 10
Machine alternating delt raises: 40 lbs 3 sets of 15
Tricep extensions: 40 lbs 3 sets of 12
Rope pulldowns: 60 lbs 1 set of 12, 50 lbs 2 sets of 12
Lat pulldowns (my favorite exercise!) 100 lbs 1 set of 12, 105 lbs 1 set of 10, 115 lbs 1 set of 8.
30 minutes cardio: elliptical on level 16 on sports intervals.

Meals:
1. 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal with handful of almonds
2. 1 scoop ON 100% Whey protein with sweet potato and 1 tbsp coconut oil
3. MHP Protein Pudding post workout with 1 tbsp coconut oil
4. Can of tuna, brown rice, green beans
5. Casein shake with almond milk.

Supps:
3g Vitamin C
3g Fish Oil
Multivitamin
Fat Burner (Oxyelite)

sce0027
01-22-2013, 09:57 AM

Good morning, everyone!

Haven't posted any pics on my journal yet so I took some last night before bed (the back photo), and this morning post-cardio (40 minutes, 1100 cals burned). Just wanted to post this so everyone who's following can see where I'm at right now! I've got a LOOOONG way to go, but I'm enjoying the journey.

PFEPerformance
01-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Quote: I've got a LOOOONG way to go, but I'm enjoying the journey.

AND THAT is what it's all about!!! Embrace as well how far you have truly come!!! HUGE Accomplishment!!!!

sce0027
01-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Quote: I've got a LOOOONG way to go, but I'm enjoying the journey.

AND THAT is what it's all about!!! Embrace as well how far you have truly come!!! HUGE Accomplishment!!!!

:byeb:You're so awesome! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the encouragement!

sce0027
01-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Tuesday: Cardio

40 minutes on the elliptical, definitely a struggle with sore legs from Sunday!

Meals:

Meal 1: Oats and Egg whites
Meal 2: Protein shake and almonds
Meal 3: Tuna and brown rice
Meal 4: Protein pudding (ran out today, not buying anymore so I can start eating more real food) with 1 cup plain cheerios mixed in
Meal 5: Can of tuna and a ton of broccoli.
Meal 6: Handful of almonds.

mrsflexgym
01-23-2013, 04:36 PM
I definitely believe in you. Just think about how awesome you're going to look on stage! Before I found quest bars, I used the supreme protein bars (PB&J was my favorite!)

My husband and I own a gym and we carry the Oh Yeah Bars. I wouldnt eat them all the time, just sometimes as a treat or if I was going to be out and about all day. They sure are good!!
I know sacrifice is the key to anything worth doing. And yes, when Im on stage and look better than I ever have, I will be glad I turned down the things I like.

tankygirl
01-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Will be following along :) Awesome weights you are throwing around! Excellent workouts!

IslandGirl
01-23-2013, 08:22 PM
Pics look good! Keep pressing forward.

I went back to the beginning of your journal. What goals are you striving for?

I was looking through your meals. Doesn't seem like you are getting in much protein. Also your last meal of just handful of almonds. I would definitely add some kind of protein source to that. Just my .02

sce0027
01-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Hey guys! I think I did a lot better today!!!

Wednesday: Back and Bi's

Assisted pull ups: 5 sets of 5: alternated the resistance +/- 10 pounds. Definitely getting stronger here!
Seated rows: 4 sets of 15 with 130 lbs
Cable curls: 4 sets of 12 with 50 and 60 lbs
Preacher curls: 4 sets of 12 with 35
Lat Pulldowns: 115 lbs 4 sets of 12
T bar rows: (2 separate sessions, gym was packed so I couldn't get to the equipment I wanted to get to.) 8 sets of 12, 4 of them alternating arms.
Cardio: 10 minutes elliptical, 10 minutes treadmil, 10 minutes stair stepper.

Meals:

Meal 1: 1/2 cup oats and a can of tuna and 1 cup strawberries
Meal 2: 1 cup plain cheerios with 1/2 cup almond milk and 1/2 cup egg whites
Meal 3: ON Whey protein shake with handful of almonds and apple
Meal 4: Baked salmon (cooked myself) with broccoli and brown rice.
Meal 5: Quest bar
Meal 6: Baked salmon with broccoli.

Side note: I am feeling a little better today now that I've upped the carbs a bit. Going a bit lower tomorrow since it's my rest day (mentally, wish I could hit the gym tomorrow. Physically, my body is saying NO. So I'll listen.) First day off since this past Saturday. We will see how this new carb cycling diet does for my energy and recovery.

sce0027
01-23-2013, 10:50 PM
My husband and I own a gym and we carry the Oh Yeah Bars. I wouldnt eat them all the time, just sometimes as a treat or if I was going to be out and about all day. They sure are good!!
I know sacrifice is the key to anything worth doing. And yes, when Im on stage and look better than I ever have, I will be glad I turned down the things I like.

That's awesome! I would LOVE to have my own gym one day! I heard this quote one time and it sticks with me, "A moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips." I thought it was funny, yet effective!

sce0027
01-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Will be following along :) Awesome weights you are throwing around! Excellent workouts!

Girl, there's NOTHING like that feeling you get after lifting heavy. I'm aiming to take the term, "strong woman" to a whole different level! Thanks for following along as well. I'll do the same for you!

sce0027
01-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Pics look good! Keep pressing forward.

I went back to the beginning of your journal. What goals are you striving for?

I was looking through your meals. Doesn't seem like you are getting in much protein. Also your last meal of just handful of almonds. I would definitely add some kind of protein source to that. Just my .02

Hey there! Well, at the moment I am happy with where my weight is, but my body is no where near what I want it to look like. I want to add a lot more muscle, hoping to do my first physique competition in summer 2014. I completely agree with you, I need to up my protein a bit. At least get a good 200-250 grams in per day for my weight (175 lbs). I still have some fat I need to get rid of, but it was suggested for me to bulk first then cut after about 6-8 weeks so I'll see how that goes. Thank you for your advice! I'll definitely start getting in more protein and more real food.

IslandGirl
01-24-2013, 01:24 AM
Hey there! Well, at the moment I am happy with where my weight is, but my body is no where near what I want it to look like. I want to add a lot more muscle, hoping to do my first physique competition in summer 2014. I completely agree with you, I need to up my protein a bit. At least get a good 200-250 grams in per day for my weight (175 lbs). I still have some fat I need to get rid of, but it was suggested for me to bulk first then cut after about 6-8 weeks so I'll see how that goes. Thank you for your advice! I'll definitely start getting in more protein and more real food.

It would be wonderful to see you on a physique stage! Welcome to the club! I'm still on the quest to add on quality muscle as well.

I say 250g of protein is a good goal to shoot for. I take in between 200-250 give or take. Right now I'm sitting about 117lbs. Stage weight for me is 110-112 lbs.

Anyways, I'm following along and looking forward to seeing how your bulk goes.

mcstrick
01-24-2013, 01:32 AM

Good morning, everyone!

Haven't posted any pics on my journal yet so I took some last night before bed (the back photo), and this morning post-cardio (40 minutes, 1100 cals burned). Just wanted to post this so everyone who's following can see where I'm at right now! I've got a LOOOONG way to go, but I'm enjoying the journey.

Great job! Are you training to compete in figure?

sce0027
01-24-2013, 03:51 PM
It would be wonderful to see you on a physique stage! Welcome to the club! I'm still on the quest to add on quality muscle as well.

I say 250g of protein is a good goal to shoot for. I take in between 200-250 give or take. Right now I'm sitting about 117lbs. Stage weight for me is 110-112 lbs.

Anyways, I'm following along and looking forward to seeing how your bulk goes.

Good deal. I will start paying more attention to eating more so I can grow. I can't grow if I don't rest and eat! I'm so excited to seeing my body change! But I do have a question: during your bulking phase, how much weight would you gain? I'm ok with going up about five pounds, but I'm so scared to go up any more than that! I don't want to have to drop a ton of weight when it comes to cutting because I fear losing the muscle mass I've worked so hard for...

sce0027
01-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Great job! Are you training to compete in figure?

Thank you for stopping by! Physique is the goal for me. I love the look for figure but I don't think it's the right thing for me. You look AMAZING, by the way!

mrsflexgym
01-24-2013, 04:20 PM
That's awesome! I would LOVE to have my own gym one day! I heard this quote one time and it sticks with me, "A moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips." I thought it was funny, yet effective!

Ive seen something like that before. It said, "Donuts taste good on the lips, but stick to the hips"... and another one that said, "Broccoli gets stuck in your teeth but french fries get stuck on your ass". LOL

IslandGirl
01-27-2013, 01:26 AM
Good deal. I will start paying more attention to eating more so I can grow. I can't grow if I don't rest and eat! I'm so excited to seeing my body change! But I do have a question: during your bulking phase, how much weight would you gain? I'm ok with going up about five pounds, but I'm so scared to go up any more than that! I don't want to have to drop a ton of weight when it comes to cutting because I fear losing the muscle mass I've worked so hard for...

For me personally, I've been there, done that, in regards to gaining a bunch of weight (of course it was mostly fat) in hopes of adding on muscle. It certainly wasn't like I got hugely big in the process. I didn't. I would say it all depends on the person. I would hate to throw out a number. I would just continue to watch yourself and if you're getting too fat, scale back on some calories and see where that takes you. Adding on quality muscle for us girls is a slow process. I don't care what anyone says, on gear on not on gear. It does not happen overnight.

curvygirl
01-30-2013, 12:36 PM
I've got a LOOOONG way to go, but I'm enjoying the journey.

^^^I absolutely feel the same way! It will be an ongoing journey with bends in the road, speed bumps, uphill climbs, & downhill racing! Challenging, always changing, and fun...at least it has been for me!

Love the pics from Jan 22nd! You look great! Keep On Keeping On!

What will you be going to grad school for? I am an academic librarian at an art & design college, so I love hearing about what other bodybuilders are studying at university! :D

Wishing you all the best!

Sunnyday
01-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Great stuff going on in here! You definitely have your priorities straight with getting through undergrad, settled in grad school and all the while keep your diet tight and train hard to keep growing steadily. Keep pressing on!

mrsflexgym
01-31-2013, 08:33 AM
Hey Hey. Hows those lifts coming? Hope your having a great week and looking forward to the weekend. Whats it going to be this Saturday?? Chinese Food? LOL.. We are doing pizza. My husband pointed out that we have not had pizza in 2 months, so I will have pizza cause it makes him happy. And I will take anything thats carbs and cheese. Hehe

sce0027
01-31-2013, 06:36 PM
Hey Hey. Hows those lifts coming? Hope your having a great week and looking forward to the weekend. Whats it going to be this Saturday?? Chinese Food? LOL.. We are doing pizza. My husband pointed out that we have not had pizza in 2 months, so I will have pizza cause it makes him happy. And I will take anything thats carbs and cheese. Hehe

Man, that cheat sounds AMAZING!! Since I took the week off due to getting sick and overtraining, I'm thinking I shouldn't do the cheat meal since I haven't burned off too much of my glycogen stored in my muscles. I haven't had one in two weeks, but I'll definitely have one next weekend after my first week back in the gym! Hope you are doing well, thanks for stopping by!

Great stuff going on in here! You definitely have your priorities straight with getting through undergrad, settled in grad school and all the while keep your diet tight and train hard to keep growing steadily. Keep pressing on!

Thank you! It's definitely a struggle to say the least, but it's all worth it. How's things going with you?

^^^I absolutely feel the same way! It will be an ongoing journey with bends in the road, speed bumps, uphill climbs, & downhill racing! Challenging, always changing, and fun...at least it has been for me!

Love the pics from Jan 22nd! You look great! Keep On Keeping On!

What will you be going to grad school for? I am an academic librarian at an art & design college, so I love hearing about what other bodybuilders are studying at university! :D

Wishing you all the best!

Absolutely, it's been one big emotional journey for me. But I wouldn't change anything! I'm trying to catch up with the rest of you gorgeous girls! Thanks for the compliment, though! I want to go to school for public health, then somewhere in the mix get my personal training certification through ISSA, and start training people in a gym somewhere on the side along with something in the public health field. Anything but a desk job! Your career sounds interesting! Good to hear from you!

For me personally, I've been there, done that, in regards to gaining a bunch of weight (of course it was mostly fat) in hopes of adding on muscle. It certainly wasn't like I got hugely big in the process. I didn't. I would say it all depends on the person. I would hate to throw out a number. I would just continue to watch yourself and if you're getting too fat, scale back on some calories and see where that takes you. Adding on quality muscle for us girls is a slow process. I don't care what anyone says, on gear on not on gear. It does not happen overnight.

I completely understand that, and I thank you for helping me straighten out this freaked-up diet of mine! Can't wait to get my fat butt back in the gym next week! This week off is just depressing! Hope you've had a great week!

Ive seen something like that before. It said, "Donuts taste good on the lips, but stick to the hips"... and another one that said, "Broccoli gets stuck in your teeth but french fries get stuck on your ass". LOL

Haha!!! I will never look at a french fry the same way again! I like that saying even better!! How's things going for you?

sce0027
01-31-2013, 06:38 PM
Just an update...

So the week off is slowly........slowly winding down. I have to say, I've been slightly emotional, moody, and depressed from not training for a whole week. My blood sugars have been a little lower than normal this week, so I've been working on tweaking that as well. But physically, my body feels like it's back to normal, and I can't wait to hit that beautiful iron again on Monday. I truly appreciate you guys checking up on me. You guys are just simply awesome!!!

mrsflexgym
01-31-2013, 07:16 PM
Its funny that people who have never worked out dont understand, but for us lifters, its very very hard to miss a week. I feel you on the emotional moody part. When I had to take last week off cause of my neck injury, I was so lost and very moody. Being back in the gym this week has been amazing and its funny how it makes you so much happier. Yes, everything is sore cause of missing last week, but I would rather be sore than sitting on my butt and never knowing how awesome it feels to train your body to be healthier!!

Muscgrows
02-01-2013, 01:50 AM
I'm glad your feeling better. I have issues with my sugars being low. What I do is drink a shake just before my w.o. It might work for you.

sce0027
02-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Its funny that people who have never worked out dont understand, but for us lifters, its very very hard to miss a week. I feel you on the emotional moody part. When I had to take last week off cause of my neck injury, I was so lost and very moody. Being back in the gym this week has been amazing and its funny how it makes you so much happier. Yes, everything is sore cause of missing last week, but I would rather be sore than sitting on my butt and never knowing how awesome it feels to train your body to be healthier!!

It's just the weirdest thing! I don't even think I'm this moody when my period comes haha! I'm soooo looking forward to being as sore as you on Monday. I can't freaking wait!

I'm glad your feeling better. I have issues with my sugars being low. What I do is drink a shake just before my w.o. It might work for you.

Thank you! I try to drink a little of a shake beforehand, not too much though because it'll make me nauseous. Thanks for stopping by!

sce0027
02-04-2013, 06:19 PM
First day back in the gym!!!! (Does victory dance, whatever that is. lol!)
Kept it pretty moderate today with my weights, don't wanna be too sore tomorrow. Focusing more on getting my form correct, making each rep count.
My diet has a little more carbs than usual since I'm in my bulking phase for 6 weeks. Gonna take a 1 week break after that before I begin cutting. Summertime is mine!!!!

LEGS:
Smith Machine Squats: 150 lbs: 15, 180 lbs: 10, 8.
Hack Squats: 150 lbs: 10, 90 lbs: 10, 10
Stiff leg deadlifts: 65 lbs: 15, 95 lbs: 10, 10
Single leg lunges (one foot on bench): 20 lb dumbbells each hand: 8, 8, 8.
Leg Curls: 30 lbs: 12, 10, 10
Leg Extensions: 100: 15, 115: 12, 120: 10.
Elliptical on highest level, sport intervals: 30 mins, 700 cals burned

Meals:
Meal 1: Can of tuna with brown rice
Meal 2(1 hr before workout): Casein shake with 4 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 4 oz H2O
Meal 3 (post-workout): Whey isolates (30g)
Meal 4: Can of tuna with brown rice
Meal 5: Protein shake with almonds
Meal 6: Salmon, broccoli, avocado.

Macros:
37% protein
36% carbs
27% fat

I can't ever seem to get these macros where they need to be. Looks like I need to do some better planning when it comes to my meals.

sce0027
02-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Day 2: Back and Bi's

Assisted pull ups: 10, 8, 5, 8 (Going to failure and decreasing/increasing weight as necessary)
Hammer curls: 15 lb dumbbells: 12, 10, 8
Alternating curls: 12 lb dumbbells: 15, 15 lb dumbbells: 8, 8, 8
Single arm seated rows: 55 lbs: 8, 8, 8. Used both arms to finish each set at 8 reps.
Preacher curls: 30 lbs: 10, 8, 8
Cable rows: 100 lbs: 15, 115 lbs: 15, 140 lbs: 12, 12
Cable pulldowns: 70 lbs: 12, 12, 10
30 mins elliptical for cardio at sport intervals on highest intensity. 700 cals burned from cardio.

Meals:
Meal 1: Boiled whole eggs, oats, strawberries
Meal 2 Pre-workout: Protein shake and almonds.
Meal 3: Shake and pb
Meal 4: Can of tuna and brown rice
Meal 5: Boiled whole eggs
Meal 6: salmon, broccoli, small avocado
Before bed: scoop pb.

My body is in some serious pain today. My legs can't seem to handle the training I put on them, but I hate to scale back on leg days!!! I want them to grow!!!!! back and bi's are a little sore today but nothing I can't handle. Going to recover today and do some walking for my cardio to loosen my legs a bit. Gonna hit up chest, shoulders, and tri's tomorrow morning.

broadys
02-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Do you do foam rolling?

sce0027
02-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Do you do foam rolling?

I've definitely heard of it before but never tried it. Where do you get those things from?

sce0027
02-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Day 4: Chest, Delts, Tris

Inclined bench press: 95 lbs: 5, 5, 5, 5
Shoulder press on machine: 70 lbs: 10, 10; 65 lbs: 10, 10
Rear delt fly: 30: 15, 50: 10, 10, 10
Chest fly: 30: 15, 50: 10, 10, 10
Rope pull down: 70: 12, 80: 10, 10
Single arm delt raises on machine: 55, 8, 8, 8, 8
Lat pulldowns: 100: 10, 10, 10
Military press: 25: 8, 8,8,
Alternating rear delt rows: 40: 10, 10. 50: 8, 8
Bent over delt raises: 20: 10, 10, 10
30 mins cardio: Medium intensity (sore legs still,) sport intervals on elliptical, 500 cals burned

Meals:

Meal 1&2: Tuna and brown rice
Meal 3 Preworkout: Quest bar and orange
Meal 4: Protein shake, orange, pistachios (unsalted)
Meal 5: Egg whites and oats
Meal 6: Salmon and broccoli.

Feeling a little better today, not 100% but I couldn't miss another day of not lifting. Got to look into some lighter, yet effective lower body exercises that's a little more gentle on my legs but will still give me the burn I love!

curvygirl
02-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Hey Sierra!

Swinging by to catch up! So sorry to hear you were outta the gym for a week! My coach actually forced me (in a very pleasant way) to take a full week off for the first time in 2+ years! It was the best thing for me! But man I do hate to miss training because of illness or tweaks or even worse an injury! Gack!

I am happy you have found your way back! Sounds like you are right on track listening to what your body can and cannot handle right now. I have always trained in an instinctual way that came naturally. I think from being really in tune with my physical self. So good for you. Take it one workout at a time!

Rock on Girl! Peace!

p.s. I have a new love affair with pistachios! :D

sce0027
02-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Hey Sierra!

Swinging by to catch up! So sorry to hear you were outta the gym for a week! My coach actually forced me (in a very pleasant way) to take a full week off for the first time in 2+ years! It was the best thing for me! But man I do hate to miss training because of illness or tweaks or even worse an injury! Gack!

I am happy you have found your way back! Sounds like you are right on track listening to what your body can and cannot handle right now. I have always trained in an instinctual way that came naturally. I think from being really in tune with my physical self. So good for you. Take it one workout at a time!

Rock on Girl! Peace!

p.s. I have a new love affair with pistachios! :D

Hey there!!!!

So good to hear from you! I'm telling you, physically, that week off was very beneficial. Mentally, I thought I was going to lose my mind! It felt like PMS x 100! When I look back, I can't believe how in tuned I'd become to my training and I realized how serious I actually am about being on that stage one day. You've had some awesome workouts this week! Have a great weekend!

mpalleyne
02-09-2013, 03:39 PM
I've definitely heard of it before but never tried it. Where do you get those things from?

Hey girl Foam Rollers are the $hit lol! This thing works like a charm. You can purchase one on Bodybuilding.com here is a link http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/aa/foam-roller.html

sce0027
02-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Hey girl Foam Rollers are the $hit lol! This thing works like a charm. You can purchase one on Bodybuilding.com here is a link http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/aa/foam-roller.html

I'll have to check those out! I am scheduled for a deep tissue massage next week. If they help, I'll start saving to have them done bi-weekly or monthly. I hear a lot of bodybuilders do it to help with growth and reducing the inflammation and soreness.

sce0027
02-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Just a general update:

So my weight is up 3 pounds from what it was last friday during my week off from training. I worked out 4 times this week and my body has been extremely sore. Feeling good today, though. I wish there was some way to know if it's water weight, muscle, or fat that I've gained. My macros aren't consistent for each day, and I find myself doing a lot of guess work when it comes to what I eat. Next week I will start planning my meals ahead of time, and forcing myself to stick to it. I have such a hard time with my diet and what I can afford since I'm in college at the moment. Any comments or suggestions you guys have would be great. Thanks again!

mcstrick
02-10-2013, 06:29 PM
I'll have to check those out! I am scheduled for a deep tissue massage next week. If they help, I'll start saving to have them done bi-weekly or monthly. I hear a lot of bodybuilders do it to help with growth and reducing the inflammation and soreness.

Hi there, totally agree and highly recommend the foam roller. I use it daily and especially before working hammies/ glutes/ quads and back. I also use it on other areas to warm up and stretch. At first it may seem awkward and painful, but after you get used to it and learn how to roll, you will love it. I have one at home but the one I use at the gym has these ridges around it that really do the job. good luck:)

mcstrick
02-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Just a general update:

So my weight is up 3 pounds from what it was last friday during my week off from training. I worked out 4 times this week and my body has been extremely sore. Feeling good today, though. I wish there was some way to know if it's water weight, muscle, or fat that I've gained. My macros aren't consistent for each day, and I find myself doing a lot of guess work when it comes to what I eat. Next week I will start planning my meals ahead of time, and forcing myself to stick to it. I have such a hard time with my diet and what I can afford since I'm in college at the moment. Any comments or suggestions you guys have would be great. Thanks again!

Hi, I follow my coach's diet plan to a T and my weight may fluctuate during the week 1 - even 4 pounds, its normally just water, stress or can be that 'time' of the month that is causing the fluctuations. At the end of the week, when I get my bf% tested, I am often pleasantly surprised that my BF % is either steady (I'm off season and this is the goal, otherwise my diet would be set to reduce bf gradually each week). Planning ahead and always having your food with you is always a great way to stay on track. I fix my food weekly, fill up my fridge with all my containers and have them in separate bags so I can just grab a bag with all my meals for the day. My off and on workout day meals are different so I use a different color bag..gotta stay organized because my time is limited during the week. It gets a little more challenging when I carb cycle because each day is a different meal, but somehow I make it work.

Sunnyday
02-10-2013, 10:00 PM

I did deep tissue monthly for a year and it did help but I had to stop because I just couldn't afford it anymore . Foam rolling is where it's at if you want to stay within a tight budget. If you don't want to pay for the shipping for the online purchase (and realizing you are in school trying to make this lifestyle happen) you can get an inexpensive one from Walmart. I think I paid $5 or $10 for mine.
Also check out John DeFranco's ""Agile 8" and "Simple Six" warmups. He does some pre-workout foam rolling and stretching in them and they have helped me tremendously...I do both every day. One at home and the other when I get to the gym, depending on which half of my body I'm working that day.

Just a general update:

OK...cheap food and resources 101. With my 3 kids I'm all about keeping things simple and as cheap as possible. :) So here's my $0.02...

1. Tracking your progress...
Weigh yourself only once a week....less if you can stand it. Use a tape measure, clothes, progress pics, and the mirror as guides. You may notice your weight go up due to cheats, higher carbs, TOM, leg day, etc. You may weigh more on days when you're sure you look tighter in the mirror. It messes with your mind and that can mess with your progress. If you are interested in having a better metric to track progress there should be a trainer at your gym who could check your bf once in a while for a nominal fee or even for free so don't be afraid to ask around. Since you're in school there are probably some exercise phys. majors with a decent set of calipers who need the practice and wouldn't charge you anything. Note that having different people clip you will give you different results so if you go this route try to stay with the same person so you can compare numbers.

2. Tracking food...
You are right that consistent diet will help you know if it is water or fat or muscle you are gaining/losing. When I had a coach I just paid him to do all that. But now that I am on my own I plan everything for the week on MyFitnessPal (free online resource and their free app is nice for the phone too). I portion and cook everything for the week and store it in the freezer. The night before I put the day's meals in the fridge so in the morning all I have to do is pack the cooler and go. If I know I'm going to be eating out during the week, I try to plan my around it and fit it into my food for that day. If I at least have it in my head that I need to eat chicken breast and a salad with olive oil and vinegar for my next meal then I'm more likely to make the right choices while eating out. Keeping a can of protein powder and some nuts and dry oats in my car is another way I'm sure to get in the food I need on time so my macros aren't thrown off too badly by the end of the day. It's not as convenient as bars but it IS cheaper.

3. Cheap food resources...
Don't know how much fridge/freezer space you have but these are some things I have had to do to stay within my limited budget.
Eggs - I buy them in a 5 dozen case at Walmart for $7.88. Much cheaper than a quart of egg whites that lasts me only half the week for $4.99. I save the yolks to make ice cream for my family and friends and for my cheat meals.
Chicken - I never pay full price for chicken breast. On my phone I have the apps for all the supermarkets in my area. Somebody ALWAYS has chicken breast on sale for less than $2/lb. I know several people who buy their chicken in bulk and I have heard it is even cheaper that way. If you know several people you could buy in bulk and split the cost between each of you.
Beef and other meats - same as with chicken, I never pay full price. Somebody in my area always has top round on sale for under $3/lb. Whole turkeys around the holidays are dirt cheap and I stock up around that time. After roasting I use the carcass to make a huge batch of stock. Leave it in the fridge overnight and skim the fat for perfectly clean, fat-free broth that I portion and store in the freezer.
Fish-I stick with canned chunk light tuna and I get it in multi-packs at Walmart. Occasionally I splurge on something more like salmon or tilapia but with a family of 5 the canned stuff is what I can consistently afford.
Frozen Veggies - I buy mine at BJs in 4 to 10-lb resealable bags.
Oats and rice - find a place that will sell you these in bulk if you have the room to store them.
Supps/vitamins - make a list of everything you buy and shop around. A lot of the things I thought were well priced online I found cheaper and comparable quality at local stores.

Hope that helps. :)

sce0027
02-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Hi there, totally agree and highly recommend the foam roller. I use it daily and especially before working hammies/ glutes/ quads and back. I also use it on other areas to warm up and stretch. At first it may seem awkward and painful, but after you get used to it and learn how to roll, you will love it. I have one at home but the one I use at the gym has these ridges around it that really do the job. good luck:)

Soooo, I'm definitely investing in a foam roller with my next paycheck! When it comes to being sore, I get sore with every workout but my legs really have the toughest time recovering. I'm looking forward to something that will help out with that. Thanks for the advice!

Hi, I follow my coach's diet plan to a T and my weight may fluctuate during the week 1 - even 4 pounds, its normally just water, stress or can be that 'time' of the month that is causing the fluctuations. At the end of the week, when I get my bf% tested, I am often pleasantly surprised that my BF % is either steady (I'm off season and this is the goal, otherwise my diet would be set to reduce bf gradually each week). Planning ahead and always having your food with you is always a great way to stay on track. I fix my food weekly, fill up my fridge with all my containers and have them in separate bags so I can just grab a bag with all my meals for the day. My off and on workout day meals are different so I use a different color bag..gotta stay organized because my time is limited during the week. It gets a little more challenging when I carb cycle because each day is a different meal, but somehow I make it work.

I totally understand. This week I began planning and tracking my meals on that myfitnesspal app. It's also keeping me aware of my macros for the day too. I just wish it would automatically not count the fibrous carbs. But overall I'm very pleased with it. I cannot wait to finish school so I can afford a trainer of my own! As hardheaded as I am, I know I can't even dream of competing without some professional advice. Even these forums are leading me in the right direction, which is definitely appreciated!

I did deep tissue monthly for a year and it did help but I had to stop because I just couldn't afford it anymore . Foam rolling is where it's at if you want to stay within a tight budget. If you don't want to pay for the shipping for the online purchase (and realizing you are in school trying to make this lifestyle happen) you can get an inexpensive one from Walmart. I think I paid $5 or $10 for mine.
Also check out John DeFranco's ""Agile 8" and "Simple Six" warmups. He does some pre-workout foam rolling and stretching in them and they have helped me tremendously...I do both every day. One at home and the other when I get to the gym, depending on which half of my body I'm working that day.

Did the deep tissue massages hurt when they did them? Does it leave you hurting afterwards? I'm definitely getting a foam roller, if I can find one in this country town I live in, lol. If not I'll order one online.

OK...cheap food and resources 101. With my 3 kids I'm all about keeping things simple and as cheap as possible. :) So here's my $0.02...

1. Tracking your progress...
Weigh yourself only once a week....less if you can stand it. Use a tape measure, clothes, progress pics, and the mirror as guides. You may notice your weight go up due to cheats, higher carbs, TOM, leg day, etc. You may weigh more on days when you're sure you look tighter in the mirror. It messes with your mind and that can mess with your progress. If you are interested in having a better metric to track progress there should be a trainer at your gym who could check your bf once in a while for a nominal fee or even for free so don't be afraid to ask around. Since you're in school there are probably some exercise phys. majors with a decent set of calipers who need the practice and wouldn't charge you anything. Note that having different people clip you will give you different results so if you go this route try to stay with the same person so you can compare numbers.

2. Tracking food...
You are right that consistent diet will help you know if it is water or fat or muscle you are gaining/losing. When I had a coach I just paid him to do all that. But now that I am on my own I plan everything for the week on MyFitnessPal (free online resource and their free app is nice for the phone too). I portion and cook everything for the week and store it in the freezer. The night before I put the day's meals in the fridge so in the morning all I have to do is pack the cooler and go. If I know I'm going to be eating out during the week, I try to plan my around it and fit it into my food for that day. If I at least have it in my head that I need to eat chicken breast and a salad with olive oil and vinegar for my next meal then I'm more likely to make the right choices while eating out. Keeping a can of protein powder and some nuts and dry oats in my car is another way I'm sure to get in the food I need on time so my macros aren't thrown off too badly by the end of the day. It's not as convenient as bars but it IS cheaper.

3. Cheap food resources...
Don't know how much fridge/freezer space you have but these are some things I have had to do to stay within my limited budget.
Eggs - I buy them in a 5 dozen case at Walmart for $7.88. Much cheaper than a quart of egg whites that lasts me only half the week for $4.99. I save the yolks to make ice cream for my family and friends and for my cheat meals.
Chicken - I never pay full price for chicken breast. On my phone I have the apps for all the supermarkets in my area. Somebody ALWAYS has chicken breast on sale for less than $2/lb. I know several people who buy their chicken in bulk and I have heard it is even cheaper that way. If you know several people you could buy in bulk and split the cost between each of you.
Beef and other meats - same as with chicken, I never pay full price. Somebody in my area always has top round on sale for under $3/lb. Whole turkeys around the holidays are dirt cheap and I stock up around that time. After roasting I use the carcass to make a huge batch of stock. Leave it in the fridge overnight and skim the fat for perfectly clean, fat-free broth that I portion and store in the freezer.
Fish-I stick with canned chunk light tuna and I get it in multi-packs at Walmart. Occasionally I splurge on something more like salmon or tilapia but with a family of 5 the canned stuff is what I can consistently afford.
Frozen Veggies - I buy mine at BJs in 4 to 10-lb resealable bags.
Oats and rice - find a place that will sell you these in bulk if you have the room to store them.
Supps/vitamins - make a list of everything you buy and shop around. A lot of the things I thought were well priced online I found cheaper and comparable quality at local stores.

Hope that helps. :)[/QUOTE]

sce0027
02-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Monday: Legs!

Smith machine squats: 225 lbs, 8, 8, 8, 8
Hack squats: 160 lbs, 8, 8, 8, 8
Sumo squats with 45 lb dumbbell: 10, 10, 10
Alternating lunges 25 lbs each hand: 15, 15, 15,
Leg curls: 30 lbs, 10, 10, 10
Leg extensions: 95 lbs, 10, 105, 10, 115 lbs, 10
Seated calf raises: 55 lbs, 10, 10, 10, 10
30 mins cardio on elliptical

Meals:
Meal 1: Can of tuna and brown rice
Meal 2 (preworkout): Quest bar, apple
Meal 3 (postworkout): Protein shake, peanut butter, apple
Meal 4: Baked salmon, steal cut oats, apple
Meal 5: Baked salmon
Meal 6: Can of tuna, steamed broccoli, peanut butter
Meal 7: Protein shake
LOTS of water.

Supps:
Multivitamin
Creatine HCl (2.5 g)
Glutamine (10g)
Preworkout
Vitamin C (1000mg)
Calcium with Vitamin D (600 mg, 800 iu)

Sunnyday
02-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Yes, done correctly deep tissue massage HURTS...BAD. Also depends on how tight you are. I am always a piece of work for an MT. Getting in the IT band and outer quads always sucked the worst for me. I timed it right so that I was the last appointment of the night. I loaded up on my favorite pain killer and a muscle relaxer first. Then went home and went straight to bed.

sce0027
02-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Yes, done correctly deep tissue massage HURTS...BAD. Also depends on how tight you are. I am always a piece of work for an MT. Getting in the IT band and outer quads always sucked the worst for me. I timed it right so that I was the last appointment of the night. I loaded up on my favorite pain killer and a muscle relaxer first. Then went home and went straight to bed.

Oh goodness, I'm a little nervous about going now! But I'm willing to try anything at this point to decrease my soreness when it comes to legs. I didn't work them as hard as I usually do yesterday, but I am noticing one side gets more sore than the other, which is weird. I'll keep updating!

mrsflexgym
02-12-2013, 04:59 PM
I see you are getting back to your hardcore training!!! Awesome! One bad thing about dieting down, you start losing your strength. Ive noticed in the past 2 weeks, mine is slowly going down. Bye bye carbs and bye bye strength. LOL
Keep at it girl!! The offseason is the most important part! And I see you are eating more foods and not so many food sups! You should notice a good diff in that!

sce0027
02-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Tuesday: Back and Bi's (My favorite!)

Assisted pull ups: 12, 10, 8
Machine seated rows: 70 lbs, 10, 10, 10
Alternating seated rows: 40 lbs, 8, 8, 8
Cable rows: 120 lbs, 15, 130 lbs, 12, 150 lbs, 10
Straight arm pulldowns: 60 lbs, 10, 10, 70 lbs, 10
Hammer curls: 15 lb dumbbells 20, 20, 20
Preacher curls: 30: 10, 10, 10
Alternating bent over rows: 45 lbs, 10, 10, 10, 8
Lat Pulldowns: 85 lbs, 10, 100 lbs, 10, 115 lbs, 10.
10 mins walking, 20 mins elliptical for my cardio today.

Meals:

Didn't record them correctly today, but clean eating nonetheless.
Macros for today are:
42% protein, 30% carbs, 28% fats.

sce0027
02-13-2013, 01:39 PM
I see you are getting back to your hardcore training!!! Awesome! One bad thing about dieting down, you start losing your strength. Ive noticed in the past 2 weeks, mine is slowly going down. Bye bye carbs and bye bye strength. LOL
Keep at it girl!! The offseason is the most important part! And I see you are eating more foods and not so many food sups! You should notice a good diff in that!

Hey there! Man, it feels AWESOME getting back to business this week. I have been eating more carbs and overall calories, I definitely feel a little better throughout the day. Thanks for checking on me! When is your next show?

tammyp
02-13-2013, 05:01 PM
my opinion with your cravings is your diet lacks serious variety..chicken, steak, yams, change up your fruit and veggies, have some nuts over nut butter....

sce0027
02-13-2013, 06:23 PM
my opinion with your cravings is your diet lacks serious variety..chicken, steak, yams, change up your fruit and veggies, have some nuts over nut butter....

Thanks, Tammy! Since I'm pescatarian, the only variety I can have is what fish I'll eat. I'll start changing my fish up a bit. Maybe some salads instead of frozen broccoli all the time. I'm not creative whatsoever when it comes to my meals! I'm so boring lol.

tammyp
02-14-2013, 08:05 AM
ah i see...i didnt realize that.

sce0027
02-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Wednesday: Cardio

45 mins cardio elliptical with a bunch of layers so I can sweat!!

Meals:

Meal 1: Protein shake and oats with coconut oil
Meal 2 (post): Shake, apple, pb
Meal 3: Baked tilapia, broccoli, brown rice
Meal 4: Quest bar
Meal 5: Baked fish and broccoli.

IslandGirl
02-15-2013, 04:28 AM
Have you ever tried Orange Roughy? It is my favorite lean fish. I cannot do tilapia at all. For fish I usually will do orange roughy or shrimp. Sometimes canned tuna but very rare.

sce0027
02-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Have you ever tried Orange Roughy? It is my favorite lean fish. I cannot do tilapia at all. For fish I usually will do orange roughy or shrimp. Sometimes canned tuna but very rare.

I love orange roughy! It's so hard to find around here, though. Tilapia is as fancy as it gets where I'm from! I made a healthy recipe for a tuna salad dip for my celery sticks. It's just plain greek yogurt, relish, cayenne pepper (I need spice in my life!) and canned light tuna. It's giving me something a little different while keeping my clean eating in check.

Just a little update:

Had my cheat meal this weekend, (pizza and cheesecake!) Feeling very tired and weak today, considering I've visited the porcelain throne more times in one day than most. Rehydrating with tons of water and keeping my carbs to a bare minimum since I'm resting today (writing a paper for class). Drinking some detox teas today as well to get my body back in check. Can't wait to hit the weights tomorrow!

IslandGirl
02-17-2013, 09:20 PM
I love orange roughy! It's so hard to find around here, though. Tilapia is as fancy as it gets where I'm from! I made a healthy recipe for a tuna salad dip for my celery sticks. It's just plain greek yogurt, relish, cayenne pepper (I need spice in my life!) and canned light tuna. It's giving me something a little different while keeping my clean eating in check.

Just a little update:

Had my cheat meal this weekend, (pizza and cheesecake!) Feeling very tired and weak today, considering I've visited the porcelain throne more times in one day than most. Rehydrating with tons of water and keeping my carbs to a bare minimum since I'm resting today (writing a paper for class). Drinking some detox teas today as well to get my body back in check. Can't wait to hit the weights tomorrow!

Yeah there is only a few places here where I can get decent orange roughy too. And it is expensive so we always wait for sales. But if you have a Krogers in your area, try and see if they have it. That tuna salad dip sounds pretty yummy. I love celery, onions and relish in my tuna mix. I may have to have that this week.

Hope you're feeling better after resting and drinking your detox tea. Pizza always does that to me too! Good girl for getting in that H20!

Riana Rohmann
02-18-2013, 10:37 AM

Great advice Tammy! I keep my prep with a variety of food and cooking variations and spices, until about the last 2-3 weeks. Keeps it interesting and I don't feel like I am missing out. Also, I noticed that after about a week or 2 of NO SUGAR, those cravings completely go away. But if you still allow small handfulls or cheats, the cravings never quite leave. Cutting it out completely works for me, but I know some coaches who encourage their clients to keep a little in as a cheat, and that omitting sugar competely is "too extreme." I am just listing what works for me :).

For fish, so you eat halibut? I know its a bit more expensive, but its delicious. Also, WHen I need a change, I add sashimi like once a week. Love the sushi, but during prep white rice is not my friend, but sashimi salads and such are a great treat :)

Loving following along!

sce0027
02-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Great advice Tammy! I keep my prep with a variety of food and cooking variations and spices, until about the last 2-3 weeks. Keeps it interesting and I don't feel like I am missing out. Also, I noticed that after about a week or 2 of NO SUGAR, those cravings completely go away. But if you still allow small handfulls or cheats, the cravings never quite leave. Cutting it out completely works for me, but I know some coaches who encourage their clients to keep a little in as a cheat, and that omitting sugar competely is "too extreme." I am just listing what works for me :).

For fish, so you eat halibut? I know its a bit more expensive, but its delicious. Also, WHen I need a change, I add sashimi like once a week. Love the sushi, but during prep white rice is not my friend, but sashimi salads and such are a great treat :)

Loving following along!

I love halibut! Tilapia is probably the cheapest fish that I can buy in bulk, so it's usually that or salmon for me. Whenever my mom volunteers to buy my food (which is rare because she knows I eat a lot!) I'll get her to buy me some orange roughy and halibut just to change it up a bit. I LOVE sushi! Sounds like a good idea for my next cheat, lol. Thanks for following along! I'll do the same :)

Yeah there is only a few places here where I can get decent orange roughy too. And it is expensive so we always wait for sales. But if you have a Krogers in your area, try and see if they have it. That tuna salad dip sounds pretty yummy. I love celery, onions and relish in my tuna mix. I may have to have that this week.

Hope you're feeling better after resting and drinking your detox tea. Pizza always does that to me too! Good girl for getting in that H20!

I feel like a new woman today! Had a pretty decent leg workout and cardio today. Going to do zumba this evening just to support a friend. (I hate all that girly stuff, but nothing wrong with getting in some extra cardio, haha!) Have a great week, I'll be following along as well!

sce0027
02-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Monday: Legs and Cardio

Smith machine squats: 180 lbs, 12, 225 lbs, 8, 8, 8
Hack Squats: 160 lbs, 8, 8, 8
Sumo squats (way less weight because my knee started to hurt. Torn meniscus I never got repaired) - 95 lbs, 8, 8, 8
Leg curls - (got stronger on these!) 50 lbs, 8, 8, 8
Walking lunges with 15 lb dumbells: 6 sets of 10 walks
Single leg squats with 15 lb dumbells: 8, 8, 8
Calf raises with 160 lbs, 8, 8, 8
30 minutes elliptical HIIT style

1 hour of TORTURE doing girly zumba. lol. Much respect to those who zumba, though. I just hate really girly stuff. lol

Meals:
1. 1/2 cup egg whites with one tilapia filet and 1/2 cup oats
2. Pre-w/o Protein shake (30g) and large apple
3. Post w/o Protein shake (30g), oats, apple
4. 2 tilapia filets, lots of broccoli.
5. Greek yogurt, almonds
6. Shrimp (6 jumbo shrimp), romaine lettuce, avocado
6. Greek yogurt, almonds

I definitely ate a lot of food today, and a little too many carbs. I hope they go straight to building more muscle in my glutes, hams, and quads! (I have the smallest legs. Even when I was bigger they were small for my frame.)

Aly Veneno
02-18-2013, 10:40 PM
I can relate to you with the meat deal. I can't stand the texture of chicken, red meat or the stink of tilapia. I am on non GMO, all natural pea protien, Mahi Mahi, salmon every once in a while and eggs for my protein. 7 months of tilapia and red meat killed me. I actually find myself leaner and less bloated in the mid section since cutting out red meat!

PFEPerformance
02-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote: 1 hour of TORTURE doing girly zumba. lol. Much respect to those who zumba, though. I just hate really girly stuff. lol

DITTO that girl! LOL --- Throw me under a Squat Rack ANY DAY! Put me in a "class" setting of some sort and I'm spending my time thinking about my WEIGHT workout...LOL BIG UPS to those that do them and love them ...... but not so much my cup of tea!

Keep killin it girl - You are doing AWESOME!!

sce0027
02-19-2013, 11:35 AM
I can relate to you with the meat deal. I can't stand the texture of chicken, red meat or the stink of tilapia. I am on non GMO, all natural pea protien, Mahi Mahi, salmon every once in a while and eggs for my protein. 7 months of tilapia and red meat killed me. I actually find myself leaner and less bloated in the mid section since cutting out red meat!

Mahi Mahi is AWESOME!!!!!! It's so good on the grill with a little salt and lemon pepper. I cut out red meat almost 3 years ago. I wonder if the creatine content in red meat makes people feel bloated and retain water. (Just a thought...) Gotta love the eggs. So much protein and packed with great aminos! Have an awesome week! I'll be following along!

Quote: 1 hour of TORTURE doing girly zumba. lol. Much respect to those who zumba, though. I just hate really girly stuff. lol

DITTO that girl! LOL --- Throw me under a Squat Rack ANY DAY! Put me in a "class" setting of some sort and I'm spending my time thinking about my WEIGHT workout...LOL BIG UPS to those that do them and love them ...... but not so much my cup of tea!

Keep killin it girl - You are doing AWESOME!!

Thank you so much, girl! Don't get me wrong, I love being a woman. I love my curves and getting all pretty and stuff once in a while. But I'm just not that girly type of girl! Nothing beats throwing some heavy weights and having some beautiful muscle. That motivates me even more! I'll be following along with you this week, train hard!!

broadys
02-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Monday: Legs and Cardio

Smith machine squats: 180 lbs, 12, 225 lbs, 8, 8, 8
Hack Squats: 160 lbs, 8, 8, 8
Sumo squats (way less weight because my knee started to hurt. Torn meniscus I never got repaired) - 95 lbs, 8, 8, 8
Leg curls - (got stronger on these!) 50 lbs, 8, 8, 8
Walking lunges with 15 lb dumbells: 6 sets of 10 walks
Single leg squats with 15 lb dumbells: 8, 8, 8
Calf raises with 160 lbs, 8, 8, 8
30 minutes elliptical HIIT style

1 hour of TORTURE doing girly zumba. lol. Much respect to those who zumba, though. I just hate really girly stuff. lol

Your hitting some heavy numbers there.
I am a non girly girl too give me MMA over Zumba anyday

sce0027
02-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Your hitting some heavy numbers there.
I am a non girly girl too give me MMA over Zumba anyday

I love watching women's MMA. I just started watching it a few days ago. So intense! How's everything going with you?

sce0027
02-21-2013, 11:45 AM

Just thought I'd share some progress photos with you guys! Made some minor improvements over the past few weeks! I'd have to say, I'm loving my back right now! Still got a LONG way to go, but any improvements I make is definitely not taken for granted.

PFEPerformance
02-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Lookin good girl !! You are rockin some definition! KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!!!
LOVIN the Protein canister on the BR counter ! Girl is on the go and getting that protein in no matter what!!!! AWESOME progress!

IslandGirl
02-22-2013, 03:14 AM
Whoa! Fabulous changes! Beautiful muscles! You rockin' it like a Pro!

Sunnyday
02-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Awesome progress! Keep it up!

broadys
02-22-2013, 07:14 PM
I love watching women's MMA. I just started watching it a few days ago. So intense! How's everything going with you?

great pics keep up the good work.
this is my fav fighter- Caley Reece #1 aussie muay thai fighter.
I also like fighter girl website for all things female MMA

sce0027
02-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Lookin good girl !! You are rockin some definition! KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!!!
LOVIN the Protein canister on the BR counter ! Girl is on the go and getting that protein in no matter what!!!! AWESOME progress!

Thank you!!! Haha! I was in such a rush to get that protein in, I took it in the bathroom and fixed a shake while I was taking the pictures! My counter is always a mess. Not organized whatsoever!

Whoa! Fabulous changes! Beautiful muscles! You rockin' it like a Pro!

I'm sooo gonna catch up to you and those beautiful arms of yours! (Give me a few months though, lol!) Thanks for stopping by!

Awesome progress! Keep it up!

Thanks, Sunnyday!! It doesn't seem like much change, but dude my back is getting serious. So excited about that!

great pics keep up the good work.
this is my fav fighter- Caley Reece #1 aussie muay thai fighter.
I also like fighter girl website for all things female MMA

Thanks for the compliment! I'll definitely check out that website and see what's up. I always like seeing strong, tough women whether it's in the gym, in the ring, wherever. It's so inspiring. Just like you! Thanks for dropping by!

sce0027
02-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Hey girls! Just a quick update...

So I've been slacking on my journal entries. I'll make sure I'll get back on track starting Monday. I definitely haven't been slacking off in the gym, though! Trained Monday-Friday. A little sore at he moment, but nothing I can't manage. Gained three pounds in the past two weeks of this bulking diet. I alternate high fat low carb days with low fat high carb days as I was told to. I sure hope it's some muscle mixed in there! I've upped my protein a bit, and I take creatine when I work legs, so maybe it's a little water weight too. Did 45 minutes of some intense cardio tonight on the elliptical (HIIT style). I'll have to admit, I'm a bit nervous about these pounds creeping up on me, but I'm going to stick to this for another 4 weeks then begin my cutting phase and take more progress pics just to see the difference. No cheat meal this weekend for me. Gonna stay clean for another week. Well, I'm done blabbering. As always, if you guys have suggestions I'm all open to them!

<3

PFEPerformance
02-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Hey girls! Just a quick update...

So I've been slacking on my journal entries. I'll make sure I'll get back on track starting Monday. I definitely haven't been slacking off in the gym, though! Trained Monday-Friday. A little sore at he moment, but nothing I can't manage. Gained three pounds in the past two weeks of this bulking diet. I alternate high fat low carb days with low fat high carb days as I was told to. I sure hope it's some muscle mixed in there! I've upped my protein a bit, and I take creatine when I work legs, so maybe it's a little water weight too. Did 45 minutes of some intense cardio tonight on the elliptical (HIIT style). I'll have to admit, I'm a bit nervous about these pounds creeping up on me, but I'm going to stick to this for another 4 weeks then begin my cutting phase and take more progress pics just to see the difference. No cheat meal this weekend for me. Gonna stay clean for another week. Well, I'm done blabbering. As always, if you guys have suggestions I'm all open to them!

<3

I take Creatine as well - mine is daily - not sure if you "just" added this - but, I did seem to swing around in weight for about two weeks after I added it in a few weeks back and then everything just settled down and stabilized. Make sure you are drinking PLENTY water as well.

I can always tell if my weight is moreso water weight by how my rings are fitting - when I hold water they get real snug..... sort of my own lil personal guage.

Keep killing it girl - you are DOING AWESOME!!!

tlwatkins
02-25-2013, 01:50 PM
I have an old purple suede Cardillo belt that I have had for over 20 years. It's heavy duty, but yet small enough that it doesn't dig in. They don't make these anymore.

I do have an another belt, very similar from http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FOREVER_BB_TAPER_BUCKLE And you can choose your colors. I got a pink one. This one is considered my off-season belt but I haven't used it over 2 years. (I guess that is a good thing??? lol)

I have had neoprene/nylon belts with velcro and those are not good. The velcro gets used and worn out and then it doesn't hold. Waste of money IMO.

I've had the opportunity to train at Elitefts and my coach's coach (the awesome John Meadows) who trains there recommended the following belt to us. This thing is freakin awesome!

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=5506

sce0027
02-25-2013, 07:16 PM
I take Creatine as well - mine is daily - not sure if you "just" added this - but, I did seem to swing around in weight for about two weeks after I added it in a few weeks back and then everything just settled down and stabilized. Make sure you are drinking PLENTY water as well.

I can always tell if my weight is moreso water weight by how my rings are fitting - when I hold water they get real snug..... sort of my own lil personal guage.

Keep killing it girl - you are DOING AWESOME!!!

Thank you for the encouragement! I guess I should by a small ring to wear so I can use it to determine what my weight is doing. I took my waist measurements (the FIRST place I gain weight), and they were actually down 1/2 inch, so maybe it's muscle? I'll just keep working out until something becomes more obvious to me, haha! Have a great week!

I've had the opportunity to train at Elitefts and my coach's coach (the awesome John Meadows) who trains there recommended the following belt to us. This thing is freakin awesome!

Thanks SO much for that link! I'll definitely be purchasing one soon. Thanks for stopping by, have an awesome week!

sce0027
02-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Hey girls! Training today: LEGS.

Kept things pretty light today since my knee was giving me trouble today. Pushed through anyway!

Sumo Squats: 95 lbs, 12. 115 lbs, 8, 8, 8
Alternating Barbell lunges: 95 lbs, 8, 8, 8,
Leg Curls: 50 lbs, 10, 8, 8
Leg Extensions (My favorite!) 115 lbs:, 10, 130 lbs:, 8, 8, 8
Single leg leg press: 55 lbs: 8, 8, 8, 8
SLDL: 95 lbs 10, 8, 8.
Calf raises on raised platform: 30, 30, 30
35 minutes cardio: Elliptical HIIT style

Macros:
Protein: 173 g
Carbs: 196
Fats: 41

*Went higher on carbs since I trained legs. Tailoring them back just a little for my back and bi workout tomorrow.

Sunnyday
02-25-2013, 09:25 PM

Just the mention of Meadows and I get goosebumps! Thanks for the link.

sce0027
03-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Hey everyone!!

Sorry, I've been M.I.A. lately, but there is definitely a reason...
I've decided to join the Navy once I graduate in May!!!!!!
So now my training has a true purpose. Gotta postpone my dreams of a bodybuilding competition, duty calls for me! I am training to protect my country. OUR country. It's definitely a bit more hectic now since my training has to change a bit. Gotta make sure I can run that 1.5 miles for basic training! Still gonna lift weights like I've been doing, but now I have to train for endurance, rather than strength. I ask that everyone keeps me in their prayers as I prepare to graduate college in a few months, then on to the military. I will always keep in touch with you guys, I feel like I've made a few great friends on these forums! BTW, I've got to drop 10 more pounds before my physical in May, so the bulking phase has officially ended. Gotta change up my carbs a bit. Keep my cheat meals a bit cleaner, maybe sushi for now on for a carb shock. Talk to you guys soon. :)

Sierra

broadys
03-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Hey everyone!!

Sorry, I've been M.I.A. lately, but there is definitely a reason...
I've decided to join the Navy once I graduate in May!!!!!!
So now my training has a true purpose. Gotta postpone my dreams of a bodybuilding competition, duty calls for me! I am training to protect my country. OUR country. It's definitely a bit more hectic now since my training has to change a bit. Gotta make sure I can run that 1.5 miles for basic training! Still gonna lift weights like I've been doing, but now I have to train for endurance, rather than strength. I ask that everyone keeps me in their prayers as I prepare to graduate college in a few months, then on to the military. I will always keep in touch with you guys, I feel like I've made a few great friends on these forums! BTW, I've got to drop 10 more pounds before my physical in May, so the bulking phase has officially ended. Gotta change up my carbs a bit. Keep my cheat meals a bit cleaner, maybe sushi for now on for a carb shock. Talk to you guys soon. :)

Sierra

This is so fantastic, congratulations. I was in the army for 10 years and believe there is no greater job in the world. The opportunity to grow both personally and professionally are outstanding. You go kick some miliatary butt girl

PFEPerformance
03-05-2013, 09:50 AM
CONGRATS ON YOUR DECISION! ALL MY BEST TO YOU AND THANK YOU FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY! CHECK IN WHEN YOU CAN....keep your journal going, even IF a diff type of training.... we'd love to hear from you and know how you are doing! Stay in touch if you can!

BIG CYBER HUG!

sce0027
11-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Hey guys!

So I definitely haven't been on here in a very long time! Few things have occurred:I graduated Cum Laude with a chemistry degree, enlisted in the US Navy (ship out date is May 7, 2014, and still working on my physique! I put on 10 pounds as a result of going vegetarian and doing it completely wrong (too much processed food, tofu kept me bloated, too many carbs, not enough protein). So I'm back to eating chicken and fish with less processed food and feeling much better.
With that said, I will be on here more often until I ship out, here to inspire and be inspired! Hope you guys have a great Saturday!!! I'll update more pics soon!

Sunnyday
11-10-2013, 07:14 AM
Welcome back! Congrats on earning your degree (mine is in chem also).
Looking forward to following your training for the next few months. :)

sce0027
11-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Welcome back! Congrats on earning your degree (mine is in chem also).
Looking forward to following your training for the next few months. :)

Hey there! Thanks for the encouragement! I'll be following along with you as well!

sce0027
11-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Hey guys! Just checking in today. Taking a rest day for the holiday. Woke up pretty late, decided to sleep in and give my body a break today. Happy Veteran's Day to all the Vets! Hope yall have a great Monday!

nic902
11-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Hey lady! Congrats to you and thank you for your service, I cannot wait to follow your journey!

PFEPerformance
11-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Hey there girl!! LONG TIME!! Congrats on your degree and upcoming goals! Looking forward to following you along your journey!!

sce0027
11-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Hey lady! Congrats to you and thank you for your service, I cannot wait to follow your journey!

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by, I've got LOTS to post until duty calls. lol :)

Hey there girl!! LONG TIME!! Congrats on your degree and upcoming goals! Looking forward to following you along your journey!!

It's been too long! I found myself doing much better with my diet when I have to report it to you guys, so this has definitely been a great help. Glad you remember me! lol!

sce0027
11-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Happy Tuesday!

What a LONG day! I'm so tired I can barely stand it! Currently waitressing at Pizza Hut (definitely don't have to worry about me slipping on my diet because I absolutely can't stand their pizza!) So I stick to the salad bar, no dressing of course!

Today's workout: 45 minutes on the elliptical, level 8. Plus 8 hours of serving on my feet and never sitting down one time. That counts for something, right? lol

Food:

Meal 1: Dymatize Chocolate shake w/ water, fresh pineapple, handful of sunflower seeds.
Meal 2: (Post-cardio) 1/3 cup of oats with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/3 cup egg whites, pumpkin pie spice, 1 tbsp pumpkin puree, stevia.
Meal 3: Dymatize Chocolate shakeM
Meal 4: Salad (lettuce, 1 tbsp shelled sunflower seeds, cucumber, 1 boiled egg, 1 tbsp olive oil)
Meal 5: Whole wheat spaghetti cooked with very little spaghetti sauce and 93/7 ground turkey
Meal 6: Greek Yogurt (plain) with dymatize mixed in

Macros: (Tracked using MyFitnessPal app for iPhone. Definitely helps me keep things in order.)
Calories: 1695
Fat: 65
Protein: 148
Net Carbs (took out fiber and sugar alcohols): 195

Too many carbs and fats today, definitely tailoring that down for the rest of the week. Planning tomorrow's meals right now so I don't screw up!

That's all I got for today!

sce0027
11-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Hey guys!

Light legs,plyos, and cardio today.

30 minutes elliptical, level 5.

Pulsiing squats: 3 sets of 10, 95 lbs.
sumo kickback squats: 3 sets of 10: 95 lbs
pistol squats with bench: 2 sets of 8 each leg, no weight.
20 Toe taps superset with 10 bench jumps: no added weight. 3 sets
50 jump squats, no added weight
jumping lunges with 10 lb plate for stability: 2 sets of 20
hip abductor leaning forward to work glutes more: 3 sets (30,25,20) 60 lbs
Single leg press turned sideways to isolate each glute: 3 sets of 10 each leg
leg press short pulsing movement for glutes: 2 sets of 1: 90 lbs

Posting my food journal tonight when I get off. Happy training!

Sunnyday
11-13-2013, 01:09 PM
I feel your pain on the waiting tables. I did the same - and at Pizza Hut no less! Back then I was in high school. I worked every Sunday 12-6 and inevitably several people wouldn't show for their shift so that left me to do 3-4 sections by myself. I couldn't imagine doing it now as an adult! :hypno:

nic902
11-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Oh jeez, you are one tough cookie. I have NEVER waitressed, IDK if I could handle it. You must be exhausted.

sce0027
11-13-2013, 10:33 PM
I feel your pain on the waiting tables. I did the same - and at Pizza Hut no less! Back then I was in high school. I worked every Sunday 12-6 and inevitably several people wouldn't show for their shift so that left me to do 3-4 sections by myself. I couldn't imagine doing it now as an adult!

Sometimes it can be really great, then other times it's like hell on earth! But it's keeping me busy and out of trouble until I leave in May for the Navy so I won't complain too much lol.

Oh jeez, you are one tough cookie. I have NEVER waitressed, IDK if I could handle it. You must be exhausted.

Exhausted in a good way! I try to stay positive by thinking that I'm burning calories the whole time, so that motivates me to keep moving and hardly ever stand still!

Macros for today:
Carbs: 150g
Fats:46g
Protein:156g

Until tomorrow!

sce0027
11-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Today's workout: chest and delts!

machine bench press: 3 sets of 15
cable flies: 3 sets of 15
cable single delt rows: 3 sets of 8
dumbbell chest flies: 3 sets of 15
single arm dumbbell rows: 3 sets of 10 each arm
lateral raises with plate : 3 sets of 15
upright rows: 3 sets of 15
tricep dips: 3 sets of 12
rope pull downs: 3 sets of 15

updating macros tonight! Happy training!

Sunnyday
11-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Really solid training there^^!

LisaRD23
11-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Your training is looking good, keep it up! :)

sce0027
11-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Your training is looking good, keep it up! :)

Thanks, Lisa! Trying to keep up with you guys!

Really solid training there^^!

Thanks!! Trying my best!!

Ok, so for an update:

My entire body feels like crap, I'm irritable as heck, I'm craving unhealthy carbs (pizza, to be exact.) hormones going, so yeah...all that good stuff. And it isn't even my T.O.M! So I don't know why I'm not recovering like I should and why my hormones are flying like bullets today, so I'm just trying to keep to myself and pray about it. Lord knows I don't want to cuss anybody out today. lol.

After waitressing nonstop for 7 hours today, I'm going to take the day off from training and soak in epsom salt tonight to recover, because I'm not missing another day of training this week. I think my body needs rest so I'll give it just that tonight.

Hope you guys are having a fantastic day!

sce0027
11-15-2013, 05:33 PM
Oh yeah, one more thing I want to mention for today:

So, as I mentioned before, I work at pizza hut. The people I work with aren't really into fitness and nutrition as I am, so their diet usually consists of...well...lots of pizza, cheesesticks, and breadsticks. Every. Single. Day. So today they asked if I wanted any, and the manager says, "Sierra never eats! I never see her eat!" So I kindly said, "I can't eat that stuff, I just graze at the salad bar." I thought it was pretty funny so I just laughed with them. I just can't see how they eat that greasy crap EVERY DAY! Then when I pulled out my protein shake, they all seemed so amazed that my protein shake was my lunch! It's crazy how people really just don't know how to eat healthy, or use protein shakes/bars whenever you're really busy instead of inhaling whole pizzas every day.

I'll admit, it was tough turning down free pizza when I first started working there, but now that I'm use to the atmosphere, I turn it down with no hesitation. I just CANNOT do that to the body I have worked so hard to create and mold. I just CANNOT do it!

OK, that's my rant for today, lol.

sce0027
11-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Hey guys! Just checking in...

Had a cleaner cheat meal today, sushi and lots of fresh pineapple. lol. Still gonna stay within my daily calorie range so I don't overdo it today.

Today's Workout: Cardio and a little bit of abs

45 minutes on elliptical, medium resistance.

Abs:

2 1-minute planks superset with
60 rocking chairs (20 right, 20 left, 20 middle)

Peace!

nic902
11-17-2013, 08:29 PM
I know people in my office are used to me at this point but when I first started EVERYONE was obsessed with what I was or wasnt eating and it's just ridiculous. Now, it's just "Oh Nic doesnt eat that" or "Nope, she's getting ready for a show" So that's a nice change of pace. Lead by example and let them see you do your thing.

sce0027
11-18-2013, 07:32 PM
I know people in my office are used to me at this point but when I first started EVERYONE was obsessed with what I was or wasnt eating and it's just ridiculous. Now, it's just "Oh Nic doesnt eat that" or "Nope, she's getting ready for a show" So that's a nice change of pace. Lead by example and let them see you do your thing.

Exactly!! Hopefully it'll at least make them think twice about it all. Let's hope so at least.

sce0027
11-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Monday:

Workout 1: Back, Bi's, and Tri's

Lat pulldowns: 4 sets of 12
Bent over barbell row: 4 sets of 12
T-Bar rows: 3 sets of 10
Cable rows: 4 sets of 12
Hyperextensions: 3 sets of 15
Standing pullovers: 4 sets of 12
Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 10
Hammer curls: 3 sets of 20
Rope pulldowns: 3 sets of 10
Cable tricep extensions: 3 sets of 10

Workout 2: Cardio and Abs

30 minutes elliptical. 3 miles total

Bicycle crunches: 150 total
Oblique crunches: 3 sets of 20 each side
Pulsing 6 inches: 3 sets of 10 seconds each
Planks: 2 20 second regular, 2 20 second per side
Toe touches: 3 sets of 20

As you can see, I had a LOT of energy today, so why not use it in a positive way?

Macros:
41% carbs, 29% fats, 30% protein
2164 calories
71 g fat, 184 carbs, 164 g protein.

Lots of resting tonight! Back at it tomorrow!

sce0027
11-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Tuesday: Cardio and Plyos with some light leg training mixed in. :)

Light squats: 105 lbs: 4 sets of 12
SLDL: 105 lbs: 3 sets of 10
Burpees using bench: 6 sets til failure (usually about 10-12 reps)
Toe taps using bench: 4 sets til failure (around 30 seconds, fast pace)
Hip abductor machine leaning forward for more glute activation: 50 lbs, 100 reps.
Leg press: 245 lbs, 3 sets of 5

20 Minutes HIIT on treadmill
5 min walk on 4(
1 min on 9.0, 1 min 6.0, 1 min 3.0, alternating.
(1st time doing HIIT in a LONG time, what a difference it is compared to LISS! I was exhausted!)

20 Minutes doing this VERY beginner's cardio class (everyone I talked to said it was rough, but I was almost yawning. I'm so not the patty-cake cardio type! Give me hardcore cardio any day! Make me work!)

Macros:
41% carbs (189g net carbs), 27% fats (68 g), 32% protein (183 g protein)

sce0027
11-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Hey guys! Just checking in.

Today was cardio day, so 70 minutes total. 60 elliptical on level 5, 10 treadmill 12.0 incline 3.0 speed.

Macros were a bit off today, 37% carbs, 27% protein, 36% fats. (That's what happens when you don't prep the night before, in my case anyway.)

That's all I got! :)