PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Normandeau - M4BTEAM SUPER-10 Transformation Journal

Pages : [1] 2 3

Taylor Normandeau
01-17-2013, 08:15 PM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/images/barry/MCoalitionbanner.gif (http://www.m4bteam.com)

Stats
- 5'10
- 228 lbs
- 25 years old
- Brown Eyes
- Gemini
- Coke > Pepsi

History
Lifted religiously in teenage years, took several year hiatus to become gruesomely fat and unhealthy between 2005-2007. Re-entered gym at a soggy 285lbs of estrogenic glory. Through many seasons of aggressive cutting while still focusing on developing muscle (and failing/learning), I now find myself around 228lbs in good condition FOR ME, but have yet to ever achieve any respectable level of condition by bodybuilding standards.

Genetic strengths/Weaknesses
Naturally large and strong growing up, but always higher bodyfat. Less vascular than pretty much everybody on the planet, even when at bodyfat levels where should be showing. Muscle growth isn't much of a battle for me, but conditioning is. Majority of fat in lower abs/love handles/ass. I tend to look 10x better in person than I do in pictures (non-midget white man syndrome), which doesn't bode well for this competition but F it.

Transformation Gameplan

Overall
My goal is essentially just become much better in 12 weeks time. I don't plan on strictly cutting, although that would probably offer me the most success in this competition, as I have long term goals for the year and this is an important growth time for me. I plan on achieving as much growth in the first 8 weeks as possible while also losing bodyfat, and from there (or sooner if obvious) judging my progress and either keep doing the same thing, or switch to aggressive 4 week cut to bring in home stretch.

Diet
Although I tend to fall into the "carb sensitive" catagory, I plan on using a higher carb approach for this process, to a degree. The reasons for this are A) I used this type of diet to achieve better conditioning last year B) I have been using pro/fat all day with carbs only pre/post workout for 6 months, and feel it has stalled. I no longer feel like I am leaning out or growing. My hope is that my metabolism will be boosted through the increase in food and force change, and at the very least maintain conditioning but reset, so if I need to speed fat loss later in the 12 weeks I can take carbs back out.

Basic outline is like this, roughly estimated. I can't be bothered with writing down each meal, maybe here and there.

Day 1 (training day)= 300g protein, 250g carbs, 20-30 grams fat
Day 2 (training day)= 300g protein, 350g carbs, 20-30 grams fat
Day 3 (Off day)= 300g protein, <50 carbs, 60-80 grams fat

Training
I have been a very vocal supporter of high volume training for MY body and bodytype, and I also have been a largely instinctual trainer. I hate writing things down and it just leads to boredom and anxiety for me. For the last year I have been following higher volume, still lots of sets to failure, and bodyparts once a week (or every 6/7 days). To mix it up, I will be switching to the Big Beyond Belief 4 day program which is a lower volume but higher frequency program. Bodyparts will be trained 3x a week with varying rep schemes each time, and weekly changes in rest periods. I am hoping the change in training along side the change in diet will result in a change in ME. I have also not done much cardio in a long time, as I did so much to initially lose weight I needed a break. I am planning that bringing it back in will greatly help and just add to the effect, I will be doing it 4-5 days a week AM fasted for 20-30 minutes, and post training 20 minutes.

Cycle
I tend to just look like puffy (even more so) shit on testosterone. Even propianate, although to a lesser degree. I will remain on 250mgs throughout but will be using higher doses of NPP and EQ. T3 will be started at 50mcg and increased as necassary

Supplements
I take about 10 different vitamins and health supplements. Just the standard multi/Vit C/Vit D/Fish oils/CoQ 10/etc. My only other supplemets will be creatine monohydrate and glutamine, which I drink 10g of each along with 20 grams of gatorade powder during my workout. ECA will be cycled in and out as needed and taken out enough to not get burnt out.

Pictures
And finally, here are the "before" pictures. Taken after a LONG month involved 2 moves, and the final 8 days before picture with zero training and being very sick with a cold.

Taylor Normandeau
01-17-2013, 08:15 PM
I am aware mine is a bit more "wordy" that most, but just ask anyone who deals with me personally...it's par for the course. My bad!

~Maz~
01-17-2013, 08:39 PM
~ The more wordy the better!! Let's us all in on where you are in your plans and how you go forward step by step!! Looking forward to following your transformation!! ~ :cheerleader:

s2h
01-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Think you will do well in this.competition....should be able to make.some nice.changes over 12 wks...

"Rodz"
01-17-2013, 10:31 PM
While I was reading your plan I was picturing you strumming your guitar in the backround.........very soothing.

Kick some ass man!!!!!

heavyiron
01-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Agreed. You have a killer V taper if you burn that fat. Good luck brother!

Taylor Normandeau
01-17-2013, 11:05 PM
I appreciate it gentlemen! Look forward to and watching everyone morph

Big Barry
01-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Think you will do well in this.competition....should be able to make.some nice.changes over 12 wks...

^ This. Taylor looks like he is the man with the plan!!!

That first post was a great read!

bad rad
01-18-2013, 12:27 AM
Your waist/hip ratio is pretty damn good! Like most us wthout the ab flab you'll look freaky.

M4BTEAM
01-18-2013, 01:10 AM
Exceptionally thorough plan. Good luck Taylor!

guruhonza
01-18-2013, 01:44 AM
You were my top 3 before this competition. Really great potential. You'll have the best V physique after the show. Good luck

IslandGirl
01-18-2013, 02:39 AM
I love wordy!!! No questions needed at all....everything is explained right in that first post.

Best of luck to you!

RichDC2
01-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Good luck! Excellent V-taper!

cook
01-18-2013, 08:24 AM
agree with others I think you could do real well in 12 weeks

PFEPerformance
01-18-2013, 01:14 PM
GOOD LUCK ! YOU HAVE THE " V " MOST WOULD KILL FOR - WORK IT:cheerleader:!!

Taylor Normandeau
01-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Thank you ladies and gents, I appreciate the kind words and it's very motivation. Just got back from the gym, feeling damn good. Today was "heavy" day but that means 8-10 reps on exercises, as that is the lowest I go. I did 3 sets for legs/back/chest, and 1-2 touch up sets for delts/calfs/bi's/tri's. The 3 sets doesn't include warm up sets which I did several to get loose and blood flowing. I walked home in the cold for 30 mins for cardio, let the wife drop me off at the gym then just 2-footed it home like a hoodlum. Starting slow on the cardio and will increase as I go.

This is day 5 of changing things around, my body is resonding for sure...I'm liking this higher frequency training for sure, it will be good for a change.

Today is higher carb day, plus my friday night cheat meal which will be taking the family over to moms for home made burgers, fries, and dessert of some kind. Then the weekend is dog shit, no weights just cardio and low low carbs. YAY meat/fish and broccoli in coconut oil all day yippee.

Here's a few shots from the gym today, damn saggy love handles.

Taylor Normandeau
01-18-2013, 07:32 PM
It really is interesting how being extremely over weight can create such an off balance fat distribution when cutting. If you were to cut me off around the belly button I appear pretty lean, but have the love handles of a fat lady still.

Some people tend to get a smooth layer all over, I just back all my jelly in the hot spots.

Taylor Normandeau
01-18-2013, 07:58 PM
*note

My hunger is through the g-damn roof, EQ must be kicking in (week 4) along with the carbs. It's crazy how when I do a higher carb approach, I'm STARVING 45-60 minutes after every meal. Cardio probably contributing as well.

Thank god it's cheat meal night haha.

Big Barry
01-18-2013, 08:07 PM
That biceps shot is awesome. 12 weeks of dedication and those guns will look crazy!

bad rad
01-18-2013, 08:10 PM
It really is interesting how being extremely over weight can create such an off balance fat distribution when cutting. If you were to cut me off around the belly button I appear pretty lean, but have the love handles of a fat lady still.

Some people tend to get a smooth layer all over, I just back all my jelly in the hot spots.

We're in the "Beer gut no matter what club" so we always look fat.

HanSoLo
01-19-2013, 01:42 AM

I "was" the same way. Everywhere but my lower ab/lower back fat was lean. For you and Tyler, a good way of getting rid of it, diet with carbs then when everything else is lean except there, drop to a keto diet for a month or so and just hit it hard.

IslandGirl
01-19-2013, 02:26 AM
Great shots! I echo everyone. Wow, in 12 weeks, WATCH OUT!

LANCE ADAM
01-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Great V- taper! Great log!

TheRage93
01-19-2013, 01:14 PM
you got this man, you're big as hell! JUST inject some helios in the problem area and you'll be g2g!! lol jk. you can do just work hard. progress is progress.

D-NUTZ
01-19-2013, 02:19 PM
You're right. Your love handles are worse than mine.

Keep on cheating bro.

RichDC2
01-19-2013, 02:23 PM
You guys are lucky, I am the love handle king of this competition!

swingslammer
01-19-2013, 02:59 PM
I am aware mine is a bit more "wordy" that most, but just ask anyone who deals with me personally...it's par for the course. My bad!

I prefer "Wordy" over just straight up numbers and exercises. I think what is happening in someones body and life is WAY more interesting than how much they lift on a daily basis.

I do however like to see or hear about some CRAZY lifting every now then, BROS vs PROS!

Taylor Normandeau
01-19-2013, 03:54 PM
That biceps shot is awesome. 12 weeks of dedication and those guns will look crazy!
Thanks man, that's the plan. Maybe there is a peak under there somewhere!?!?!?! MAYBE!??!

Always have, hopefully not always will!

I "was" the same way. Everywhere but my lower ab/lower back fat was lean. For you and Tyler, a good way of getting rid of it, diet with carbs then when everything else is lean except there, drop to a keto diet for a month or so and just hit it hard.
Pretty much the conclusion I have come to myself, I stall out on low carbs after awhile so I'm pretty them back in so I can use keto as a last ditch attempt.

Great shots! I echo everyone. Wow, in 12 weeks, WATCH OUT!
Thank you :)

Great V- taper! Great log!
THank you sir, never done anything like this before.

you got this man, you're big as hell! JUST inject some helios in the problem area and you'll be g2g!! lol jk. you can do just work hard. progress is progress.
Hard work? Your idea sounds better! Thank you man.

You're right. Your love handles are worse than mine.

Keep on cheating bro.
I'm a man of my word. Thank god I actually have muscles to balance mine out, your life must be sad :-( But you were AMAZING in Tommy Boy.

You guys are lucky, I am the love handle king of this competition!
It's a throne I don't wish to claim!

I prefer "Wordy" over just straight up numbers and exercises. I think what is happening in someones body and life is WAY more interesting than how much they lift on a daily basis.

I do however like to see or hear about some CRAZY lifting every now then, BROS vs PROS!
To be honest I never read the numbers of reps/sets anyone writes down...just doesn't have much value to me. I see no problem with making a note of a personal best or new weight someone tackled on an exercise...I have a few EXTREMELY strong friends in the strongman world and just moving weights doesn't do much for me. It is cool to see people progress though.

I'm kind of the same way with diet...I weigh everything I eat but I don't "track it" or add it to calories. I know how many oz's of each meat = how much protein, and how same for carbs etc. I try to get in what I need when I need it. I know the amounts I eat so if I need to adjust, I can't, but I never add daily totals really. I guess you could say it's the same thing...I just get bogged down with the numbers.

WORDS on the other hand, I'm a retard and can't stop! haha. It's the "writer" in me...

Taylor Normandeau
01-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Weekend will be slow for me, but here's a few updates. I'm up 3 lbs which isn't surprising, as I was shriveled up from being sick. I was holding in the mid 240's for a while before being sick and moving across the continent, so I imagine a few more lbs will pile on just from the muscles filling back up.

Feeling great, I am loving the carb cycling approach as well as the new routine which varies as I feel like every day is a different piece in the puzzle. This weekend is tiny time...had a carton of egg whites (yes I just drink them...) and 2 TBLS of PB for my pee-break snack (7-8 AM). Just had 5 omega eggs cooked in grass fed butter. Rest of my meals will be either fish/chicken/steak and veggies. Perhaps a small portion of potato with dinner. I will probably hit 7 meals today.

Also going to sneak 30 mins of incline treadmill somewhere in the days plans. I used to do it fasted AM but the 10 month old little beast doesn't always allow for such luxuries.

PS I got a haircut and shaved my upper body, feeling good haha.

D-NUTZ
01-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Good looking kid dude. The mom must be smokin.

heavyiron
01-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Pics of mom may get you more votes....

Just sayin...

TheRage93
01-19-2013, 09:56 PM
LOL. Helios does work tho :)

M4BTEAM
01-19-2013, 11:21 PM
Great pic of the kid, unlike the other posts I actually think he looks a lot like his dad. lol

bad rad
01-19-2013, 11:28 PM
Cute boy, mine unfortunately has learned to back talk. It sucks.

nags
01-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Killing it.

"Rodz"
01-20-2013, 12:27 AM
Great pic of the kid, unlike the other posts I actually think he looks a lot like his dad. lol

Are you saying you find Taylor attractive????

Someone fix his name in the thread title. How did Curt not see this??

TheRage93
01-20-2013, 10:25 AM

LOL I hate it when they don't listen!

Taylor Normandeau
01-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Good looking kid dude. The mom must be smokin.
His mom is your mom, that's your brother...

Thus I am your dad. You're grounded, fag.

Pics of mom may get you more votes....

Just sayin...
^^^ I think D-Nutz took some from in the womb.

LOL. Helios does work tho :)
I have never looked into it much, just know the basics. Good to know!

He looks identical to how I did when I was a baby...I have just been weathered by life's trials and tribulations haha.

Rolled up newspaper, smack.

Killing it.
It's all I know how to do, thanks buddy.

Are you saying you find Taylor attractive????

Someone fix his name in the thread title. How did Curt not see this??
Hey now don't go sabotaging my compliments!

And the sad thing is, I think I made this thread title...Fuck

bad rad
01-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Rolled up newspaper, smack.

And the sad thing is, I think I made this thread title...Fuck

I'm so close to the first comment it isn't funny. He's a little over 3'6" and over 60lbs at 5 so I need to break him early because he's going to be bigger than me.

The second comment gave me a chuckle.

TheRage93
01-20-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm expecting to see a shredded pack!

Taylor Normandeau
01-20-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm expecting to see a shredded pack!

Haha we will see about that, it would be the first time in my life

D-NUTZ
01-21-2013, 04:45 PM

You and me both.

TheRage93
01-21-2013, 05:48 PM

pfft, you can do it man. or at least close. just do what you do and be strict about it.

Taylor Normandeau
01-21-2013, 05:55 PM
pfft, you can do it man. or at least close. just do what you do and be strict about it.

Oh it will be done, I just don't know if I will be SHREDDED in 12 wees, but I will definitely be leaner than I am now. I know it can be done, just not sure if it will line up perfectly with this contest. I am going to compete so it has to happen eventually

TheRage93
01-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Oh it will be done, I just don't know if I will be SHREDDED in 12 wees, but I will definitely be leaner than I am now. I know it can be done, just not sure if it will line up perfectly with this contest. I am going to compete so it has to happen eventually

Do you plan on using?

Taylor Normandeau
01-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Do you plan on using?

...using what?

D-NUTZ
01-21-2013, 06:58 PM
...using what?

Unicorn semen...duh.

TheRage93
01-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Unicorn semen...duh.
Hell yea, I hear that shits powerful

TheRage93
01-21-2013, 07:00 PM
...using what?
Sorry I wasn't clear, I forgot your using t3 and it looks like eca?
have you ever used clen? Just wondering

Taylor Normandeau
01-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Sorry I wasn't clear, I forgot your using t3 and it looks like eca?
have you ever used clen? Just wondering

I am not using ECA at this very moment, but will use it in a few weeks and use it off and on.

I've never used Clen...Ephedrine is available over the counter here, so I have not seen a need to buy something illegal (and usually fake) when I can get ECA at the store.

I might try it pre-contest though

TheRage93
01-21-2013, 07:12 PM
I am not using ECA at this very moment, but will use it in a few weeks and use it off and on.

I've never used Clen...Ephedrine is available over the counter here, so I have not seen a need to buy something illegal (and usually fake) when I can get ECA at the store.

I might try it pre-contest though
It's an awesome product I might add. I actually lost 25 pounds using it in 2 weeks lmao. I was using carb backloading. Just thought I'd share man.

but smart thinking other than that!

Taylor Normandeau
01-21-2013, 07:25 PM
It's an awesome product I might add. I actually lost 25 pounds using it in 2 weeks lmao. I was using carb backloading. Just thought I'd share man.

but smart thinking other than that!

Carb back loading is pretty awesome, it was what I was doing for a long time before this...I still skip carbs at breakfast. I will definitely jump back and forth with that method.

And yeah, I definitely plan on using it eventually just in no rush, I have no problem running AAS as I haven't had many ill effects from them but I try to limit my fat burners, and cycle them. No need to stress my body out too much until I compete.

TheRage93
01-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Carb back loading is pretty awesome, it was what I was doing for a long time before this...I still skip carbs at breakfast. I will definitely jump back and forth with that method.

And yeah, I definitely plan on using it eventually just in no rush, I have no problem running AAS as I haven't had many ill effects from them but I try to limit my fat burners, and cycle them. No need to stress my body out too much until I compete.

Thats true. Smart to cycle the "stress" of these things.

Big Barry
01-22-2013, 05:19 AM
Thats true. Smart to cycle the "stress" of these things.

True ... Adrenal fatigue is a bitch. lol

Big Barry
01-22-2013, 05:21 AM
Unicorn semen...duh.

Strong stuff... 3 weeks at the most, bro! ....just gargle two spoonfuls at bedtime.

D-NUTZ
01-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Strong stuff... 3 weeks at the most, bro! ....just gargle two spoonfuls at bedtime.

Oh...

I just inject it straight into the testicles.

guruhonza
01-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Oh...

I just inject it straight into the testicles.

Did anyone actually try that? :hypno:

TheRage93
01-22-2013, 11:44 AM

according to Barry, YES! lmao

TheRage93
01-22-2013, 11:45 AM
True ... Adrenal fatigue is a bitch. lol

I had it bad... I felt as I was dying from the inside out with clen because my adrenal was fried lol

D-NUTZ
01-22-2013, 12:00 PM

according to Barry, YES! lmao

Juiceinator or whoever, but he just injected into his ball sack..he wasn't hardcore like me.

TheRage93
01-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Juiceinator or whoever, but he just injected into his ball sack..he wasn't hardcore like me.
oh yea, try your eyeball !!

guruhonza
01-22-2013, 12:37 PM

I am pussy I'd never do that

"Rodz"
01-22-2013, 01:44 PM
oh yea, try your eyeball !!

The opinions expressed are those of the author alone, and do not represent the opinions of rxmuscle or any other sane person.

TheRage93
01-22-2013, 02:23 PM
The opinions expressed are those of the author alone, and do not represent the opinions of rxmuscle or any other sane person.

Lmao

TheRage93
01-22-2013, 02:24 PM
I am pussy I'd never do that

No you r not a pussy. You're smart lmao

"Rodz"
01-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Yes you are a pussy. lmao

Harsh

Taylor Normandeau
01-23-2013, 01:25 AM
I just I'd let you all know I am now freakishly jacked. Thank you.

Taylor Normandeau
01-23-2013, 01:28 AM
JK, things are going smooth, will do a good update soon with pics. Just finished 2 high rep days and today is my high carb day. Lowered rest times. I'm going to stick to lower cardio for the first 4 weeks, since I haven't been doing cardio for months this is enough to get results, than week 4 it's time to kick up the fat burning.

I weighed 232 this morning. I am definitely growing, yet mid section is coming down. Tomorrow is day off, I'll do 30 mins cardio. No direct carbs boo hoo just whatever is in my broccoli. High fats.

Taylor Normandeau
01-23-2013, 02:37 AM
I like how my thread is home to conversations about eyeball injections. It suits me.

Big Barry
01-23-2013, 03:00 AM
I like how my thread is home to conversations about eyeball injections. It suits me.

Haha... We need Juicinator back on here so he can try that shit out. I'd inject my eyeball before my nut sack, so he'd probably do it.

Big Barry
01-23-2013, 03:07 AM
JK, things are going smooth, will do a good update soon with pics. Just finished 2 high rep days and today is my high carb day. Lowered rest times. I'm going to stick to lower cardio for the first 4 weeks, since I haven't been doing cardio for months this is enough to get results, than week 4 it's time to kick up the fat burning.

I weighed 232 this morning. I am definitely growing, yet mid section is coming down. Tomorrow is day off, I'll do 30 mins cardio. No direct carbs boo hoo just whatever is in my broccoli. High fats.

Sounds like you're already on track...

I need to be highly motivated to do any cardio on a low carb diet. Once it becomes a habit it's a breeze though, like it's totally automatic. Making cardio interesting is the key for me, listening to a show or watching TV is a must. LOL

Barrett
01-23-2013, 03:19 AM
It looks like your dick needs to be touched.

Big Barry
01-23-2013, 10:30 AM

Dick touching journals are in the 18+ forum. Before and after pics....

TheRage93
01-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Harsh

lmfao who did that!

TheRage93
01-23-2013, 12:55 PM
No direct carbs boo hoo just whatever is in my broccoli. High fats.
them good ole' trace carbs!

TheRage93
01-23-2013, 12:55 PM

I hear you get a better kick that way. jk

TheRage93
01-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Dick touching journals are in the 18+ forum. Before and after pics....

jelqing?

Taylor Normandeau
01-23-2013, 03:04 PM

You read me like a book.

TheRage93
01-23-2013, 03:41 PM
this thread got a little weird. LOL

guruhonza
01-23-2013, 04:01 PM
A little.... but Taylor is the man

TheRage93
01-23-2013, 04:08 PM

of course he is!

Big Barry
01-23-2013, 08:33 PM
jelqing?

I tried jelqing for 3 months and my cock got longer but it got thinner in the middle and thick at the bottom and started pointing sideways.

Barrett
01-24-2013, 01:27 AM
I tried jelqing for 3 months and my cock got longer but it got thinner in the middle and thick at the bottom and started pointing sideways.

Ahahahahahahaha I just read about this today!

Taylor Normandeau
01-24-2013, 01:28 AM

of course he is!
You guys are toooooooo kind.

Im picturing a stretched out piece of chewed gum hahah

Barrett
01-24-2013, 01:29 AM

I'm glad I could make your thread awkward as fuck. My job is done here.

"Rodz"
01-24-2013, 01:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hfKb11WWuI

guruhonza
01-24-2013, 01:40 AM
Okay now this is weird LOL

TheRage93
01-24-2013, 12:53 PM

Lmfao okay, are being serious or just playing lol

Taylor Normandeau
01-24-2013, 06:44 PM
I feel fucking amazing today, usually train in the PM but woke up inspired and headed to the gym after breakfast. My legs are definitely responding to the higher frequency. I'm sitting at 230 lbs but I can easily tell fat is leaving and muscle is coming.

Taylor Normandeau
01-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Today is moderate (high still for me) carb day.

So far looking like this...

Meal 1 = 6 oz chicken breast, 1.25 cups of white rice

Intra drink = 40 grams of carbs from powdered gatorade, 10 grams creatine mono, 10 grams glutamine, 10 grams bcaa

Shake = 50 grams whey iso, banana

Then just polished off 6 oz steak and 1.25 cups white rice

Let's rock and roll

M4BTEAM
01-25-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm sitting at 230 lbs but I can easily tell fat is leaving and muscle is coming.

Great to hear. Building muscle and losing fat simultaneously isn't easy. It shows how well your plan has been working.

Taylor Normandeau
01-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Great to hear. Building muscle and losing fat simultaneously isn't easy. It shows how well your plan has been working.

I honestly think it isn't hard to do if you have the (fat man) genetics for it. If you think about it, if the dose goes up while "cutting" you should still grow. And if you can give your body the certain amount of nutrients it needs to build tissue, especially centered around training, meanwhile hitting some cardio at times when food storage is low, as well as throwing in some zero carb days, it can work.

I seriously NEVER understood why guys eat the same meals on their rest days as they do on their lifting days...makes zero sense. When you're trying to build muscle, BUILD MUSCLE...and when you're trying to burn fat, BURN FAT. If you train 4-5 days a week, while still doing some fasted cardio or post workout if you have to...then on your off days hack carbs out and hit some low intensity cardio...why wouldn't you be able to do both?

I think people are way off base to assume you need the same amount of calories on an off day....Just get enough protein and fats to keep muscle. Unless you train right before bed the night before, in which case you might want to sneak a few carb meals in. But otherwise you should pretty much be recovered by the next day and maximized your muscle gains.

If you don't get fat easily, then by all means eat tons of carbs on your off days. But it makes me look like shit.

TheRage93
01-25-2013, 01:39 PM
This is true. Also, everything that's in your peri-workout is what helps you make all your gains as optimal as possible.

Big Barry
01-25-2013, 01:42 PM
I seriously NEVER understood why guys eat the same meals on their rest days as they do on their lifting days...makes zero sense.

True....

When off season bulking it doesn't matter, but when dieting it makes sense to change up the meals on non training days. Of course, it could be solved by training 7 days per week and eating the same stuff all the time. lol

Taylor Normandeau
01-25-2013, 01:57 PM
True....

When off season bulking it doesn't matter, but when dieting it makes sense to change up the meals on non training days. Of course, it could be solved by training 7 days per week and eating the same stuff all the time. lol

7 days a week training...I would if I could! sunday would just be GLUTES

Big Barry
01-25-2013, 02:05 PM
7 days a week training...I would if I could! sunday would just be GLUTES

To get prime Glutes like D-Nutz you need to train each half moon separately.

TheRage93
01-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Striated ass glutes!

Taylor Normandeau
01-25-2013, 04:33 PM
To get prime Glutes like D-Nutz you need to train each half moon separately.

I do left glute on wednesday and right on saturday. Sunday I do 45 minute glute stretches with an ice glute bath.

D-NUTZ
01-25-2013, 07:24 PM
True....

:) .

TheRage93
01-25-2013, 11:29 PM
:) .
I smell chipotle :)

Big Barry
01-25-2013, 11:36 PM
I do left glute on wednesday and right on saturday. Sunday I do 45 minute glute stretches with an ice glute bath.

Very nice protocol.... i've written that down for when I start my cut in April. I want the ladies at the beach to froth at the mouth when they see my bronzed corrugations!

heavyiron
01-26-2013, 09:30 AM
I honestly think it isn't hard to do if you have the (fat man) genetics for it. If you think about it, if the dose goes up while "cutting" you should still grow. And if you can give your body the certain amount of nutrients it needs to build tissue, especially centered around training, meanwhile hitting some cardio at times when food storage is low, as well as throwing in some zero carb days, it can work.

I seriously NEVER understood why guys eat the same meals on their rest days as they do on their lifting days...makes zero sense. When you're trying to build muscle, BUILD MUSCLE...and when you're trying to burn fat, BURN FAT. If you train 4-5 days a week, while still doing some fasted cardio or post workout if you have to...then on your off days hack carbs out and hit some low intensity cardio...why wouldn't you be able to do both?

I think people are way off base to assume you need the same amount of calories on an off day....Just get enough protein and fats to keep muscle. Unless you train right before bed the night before, in which case you might want to sneak a few carb meals in. But otherwise you should pretty much be recovered by the next day and maximized your muscle gains.

If you don't get fat easily, then by all means eat tons of carbs on your off days. But it makes me look like shit.

Good thoughts here. I absolutely agree on the nutrition concept above. Carb cycling with specific training designed along side the carb cycle just plain works. However growing in a deficit is pretty tough if you have been lifting on a regular basis and are an experienced bodybuilder. I can add strength while dropping weight the first 8 weeks or so of a prep but at the end my strength plummets. I have done a bod pod that revealed very close to the same LBM from when I started versus when I finished the prep. Basically I was able to hold all my LBM while dropping 30lbs of flab.

I think there are many factors that go into this. A newbie might be able to add LBM in a deficit or a genetic freak but not sure it would be true of the average body builder.

Anyway, get a bod pod and lets test your theory brother.

HanSoLo
01-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Good thoughts here. I absolutely agree on the nutrition concept above. Carb cycling with specific training designed along side the carb cycle just plain works. However growing in a deficit is pretty tough if you have been lifting on a regular basis and are an experienced bodybuilder. I can add strength while dropping weight the first 8 weeks or so of a prep but at the end my strength plummets. I have done a bod pod that revealed very close to the same LBM from when I started versus when I finished the prep. Basically I was able to hold all my LBM while dropping 30lbs of flab.

I think there are many factors that go into this. A newbie might be able to add LBM in a deficit or a genetic freak but not sure it would be true of the average body builder.

Genetics play a part, but a solid diet and aas make a huge difference. Only way to confirm is with a bod pod test, but I have pics of me on 2300cals/day way skinnier than when I dropped to 1900cals/day and more ripped. I honestly beleive that if you are 100% consistent and know what you are doing, it can be done pretty easily.....unless you're 240lbs +

bushmaster
01-26-2013, 10:37 AM

I agree 100%. While you're getting leaner you will appear bigger but at the end of the week are you at a deficit or surplus? The only thing that could make both happen besides what HI said is to push the androgens, gh, slin. You get the idea.

D-NUTZ
01-26-2013, 11:06 AM

I agree 100%. While you're getting leaner you will appear bigger but at the end of the week are you at a deficit or surplus? The only thing that could make both happen besides what HI said is to push the androgens, gh, slin. You get the idea.

Good posts.

TheRage93
01-26-2013, 11:33 AM
Genetics play a part, but a solid diet and aas make a huge difference. Only way to confirm is with a bod pod test, but I have pics of me on 2300cals/day way skinnier than when I dropped to 1900cals/day and more ripped. I honestly beleive that if you are 100% consistent and know what you are doing, it can be done pretty easily.....unless you're 240lbs +
I dropped from 250-225 in 2 weeks without any strength loss.

Taylor Normandeau
01-26-2013, 06:45 PM

'
So, keep in mind I am stating that an increase in dose must go along with this to an extent...but if you are eating enough food to gain muscle from your training session at the times that matter most, then on your off days or say during fasted cardio etc, eating enough to maintain muscle mass but burn fat...wouldn't this be exactly what I am stating?

I agree that the body very well might not be able to do both at the same exact time..but over the course of the week, I personally believe you can build muscle and lose fat at the same time.

I will agree it is much easier if you "prime" first or are just coming off a break, along with an increase in training and drugs. I know I have many times I have "recomped" over the course of 3-4 month blast, where I am definitely a lot leaner but weigh the exact same or even gain a few lbs......I actually haven't dropped below 225 lbs in 18 months now but am a lot leaner.

Taylor Normandeau
01-26-2013, 06:48 PM

Of course push the androgens! haha. But it depends when you have your "cutoff" for surplus or deficit...I never understood this concept. The body is alive 24 hours a day...it doesn't just check in at midnight every night to "check the till" and see how many calories were consumed. Is it daily calories? Weekly calories? If you take advantage of certain windows to burn fat while MAINTAINING muscle, and then feed the body what it needs to be anabolic at times where that is the goal, I really don't understand this deficit or surplus mechanism...I know it's a staple in diet but the body really does not wait until you are asleep to decide wether to burn fat of build muscle. I'm sure most of the changes occur then, but not all...That concept has always escaped me.

I do agree it has to be timed very well and the right drugs must go along with it.

Taylor Normandeau
01-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Those are just my thoughts though. As a fatass, I am too terrified to ever "bulk" so I do what works for me.

I will also add that I am sure there is a limit once one lowers to bodyfat levels under 8% or so. No one is gaining muscle 2 weeks out from a show

Hoss06
01-26-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm in in this to watch u transform, brotha. Best of luck.

Taylor Normandeau
01-26-2013, 08:31 PM
I'm in in this to watch u transform, brotha. Best of luck.

Thanks BOSSY HOSSY

Hoss06
01-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Of course Chod3Zilla :)

Hoss06
01-26-2013, 09:12 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/27/a7e2y8ah.jpg

Taylor Normandeau
01-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Mr.Meadows is a smart individual.

D-NUTZ
01-26-2013, 10:46 PM

I back this shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has worked for me 1st hand.

bushmaster
01-27-2013, 06:53 AM

While of course I practice this too, with slin. This only answers to soreness amd why nutrition should be different on training days. No where does it even remotely touch on recomping. Just saying.

Taylor Normandeau
01-27-2013, 01:49 PM
While of course I practice this too, with slin. This only answers to soreness amd why nutrition should be different on training days. No where does it even remotely touch on recomping. Just saying.

Slin is pretty cool. I only used a 4 week trial with pre-workout log a few years back to see how it worked...I was fat but it still blew me the hell up, then after 4 weeks kinda halted. I was just seeing how to use it and how it worked for when I needed to pull the card later.

The crazy shit was how INSANE I looked in the gym while it was active. I swear I grew 20 lbs visually from the pump and had veins all over the place that I never saw prior or since. Good ole slinny

Taylor Normandeau
01-27-2013, 01:51 PM

Here's Palumbo nursing my child when he was 6 weeks old....The amount of people who thought this was his baby on facebook was very amusing.

TheRage93
01-27-2013, 02:18 PM
Yessssss! Guy is so smart. I saw this status and it opened my eyes. Made me smarter :)

bushmaster
01-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Slin is pretty cool. I only used a 4 week trial with pre-workout log a few years back to see how it worked...I was fat but it still blew me the hell up, then after 4 weeks kinda halted. I was just seeing how to use it and how it worked for when I needed to pull the card later.

The crazy shit was how INSANE I looked in the gym while it was active. I swear I grew 20 lbs visually from the pump and had veins all over the place that I never saw prior or since. Good ole slinny
Yeah the pump is unreal. It's almost addictive! Good log here and good luck. Dnutz told me you're no match for him even if you're enhanced.

Yessssss! Guy is so smart. I saw this status and it opened my eyes. Made me smarter :)
Try working with him. I'm on my 3rd 12 week program with him.

Taylor Normandeau
01-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Yeah the pump is unreal. It's almost addictive! Good log here and good luck. Dnutz told me you're no match for him even if you're enhanced.

D-Nutz only chance of winning is if he funnels my essence through my manhood and drinks it by the gallon.

TheRage93
01-27-2013, 02:55 PM

Try working with him. I'm on my 3rd 12 week program with him.
As in diet, or training?

TheRage93
01-27-2013, 02:56 PM

D-Nutz only chance of winning is if he funnels my essence through my manhood and drinks it by the gallon.

Hahahahahahah.

D-NUTZ
01-27-2013, 03:02 PM

I would.

No homo

D-NUTZ
01-27-2013, 03:04 PM

Pass some this way brah

Taylor Normandeau
01-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Just a quick useless pic. Skin is thinning, minor vascularity in the boob/shoulder region. That's huge for me, as the only visible veins on my body are one or two in each forearm. I have wee little skinny veins.

And yes I have cheetah stripes on my chest now. Check the stretch mark thread in muscle central for more on that topic haha..

Taylor Normandeau
01-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Man, I sweat to god the phone never captures what I see in the mirror. I get all excited the snap a pic and it looks terrible...Either my camera has a "shit" filter or my eyes have a "awesome" filter.

Anyways I'm happy with my progress

D-NUTZ
01-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Man, I sweat to god the phone never captures what I see in the mirror. I get all excited the snap a pic and it looks terrible...Either my camera has a "shit" filter or my eyes have a "awesome" filter.

Anyways I'm happy with my progress

I feel the same

Big Barry
01-27-2013, 03:14 PM

Here's Palumbo nursing my child when he was 6 weeks old....The amount of people who thought this was his baby on facebook was very amusing.

Awesome pic... But Dave's teeth are are blinding me!!!!

TheRage93
01-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Some one needs to calm down on whitener. Damn those are white ass teeth

Taylor Normandeau
01-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Awesome pic... But Dave's teeth are are blinding me!!!!

Some one needs to calm down on whitener. Damn those are white ass teeth

They are mesmerizing in person...first thing my wife said to me that night after we parted ways with Palumbo was "tomorrow you need to ask him what he does for his teeth!!"

Big Barry
01-27-2013, 03:53 PM
They are mesmerizing in person...first thing my wife said to me that night after we parted ways with Palumbo was "tomorrow you need to ask him what he does for his teeth!!"

Damn... Dave needs the government health warning... Dip Don't Dazzle!

That was the UK slogan to get drivers to dip their headlights. lol

TheRage93
01-27-2013, 05:58 PM

I need to find out what he does with his teeth lmao

M4BTEAM
01-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Wow! Dave does have amazingly white teeth. I think it would be impossible for them to be any whiter! lol

TheRage93
01-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Wow! Dave does have amazingly white teeth. I think it would be impossible for them to be any whiter! lol
They are literally the color white lol.

Taylor Normandeau
01-28-2013, 04:23 PM
They are literally the color white lol.

They are not a color, as they are the absolute absence of color.

TheRage93
01-28-2013, 10:51 PM
They are not a color, as they are the absolute absence of color.
Okay! Lol you know what I meant lol

M4BTEAM
01-29-2013, 08:09 AM
It's not normal to have teeth that white. Dave must be gargling bleach or something. lol

Taylor Normandeau
01-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Fatboy has a few veins

Big Barry
01-29-2013, 01:35 PM
That's one vascular fatboy! LOL

Taylor Normandeau
01-29-2013, 02:54 PM

and here's one for you Barry. Once those love handles go away watch out fellas....It might take surgery though.

Taylor Normandeau
01-29-2013, 02:58 PM
And yes thats my pink hair dryer.

heavyiron
01-29-2013, 03:46 PM

and here's one for you Barry. Once those love handles go away watch out fellas....It might take surgery though.

How many lbs are you down now? Looks like you are leaner.

Taylor Normandeau
01-29-2013, 04:07 PM
How many lbs are you down now? Looks like you are leaner.

I haven't weighed myself in 2 days, but at that point I was UP 4 lbs....and I am definitely getting leaner. I was 232 on Sunday, I'll weigh in tonight at the ole gymnasium.

heavyiron
01-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Excellent changes =)

TheRage93
01-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Damn bro... Lookin good no homo.
cNt wait til we see huge ass chnges!

Taylor Normandeau
01-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Thanks gents. ECA is in as of yesterday, and cardio is up to 25 mins per session. Would prefer to be doing it fasted AM but life is not affording me that scheduling luxery at the moment...so its mostly post workout then just inserted randomly on off days.

bushmaster
01-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks gents. ECA is in as of yesterday, and cardio is up to 25 mins per session. Would prefer to be doing it fasted AM but life is not affording me that scheduling luxery at the moment...so its mostly post workout then just inserted randomly on off days.

Eca should help greatly. Keep grinding.

TheRage93
01-29-2013, 08:56 PM
ECA is def a good add.

Hoss06
01-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Post workout cardio will do the same....seems as though you do have veins =D

Taylor Normandeau
01-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Day off, low carb, BOO HOO.

TheRage93
01-30-2013, 02:22 PM
In your guys' opinion, is it better to do cardio before a workout or after.

TheRage93
01-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Day off, low carb, BOO HOO.
I myself am going to go back on the diet. I'm getting a little flabby from ignoring cardio and eating shit at times. Mostly from avoiding cardio.

Taylor Normandeau
01-30-2013, 03:08 PM

Post, by far. I prefer to do cardio in the morning either fasted or after a carbless meal 1, then weights in the afternoon or evening. But right now don't have the time so this is plan B

TheRage93
01-30-2013, 03:44 PM
It's not normal to have teeth that white. Dave must be gargling bleach or something. lol
Haha lmao. Truuueeee.

ayezer
01-30-2013, 08:28 PM
looks like good change so far.

Hoss06
01-31-2013, 07:11 AM

I prefer to get it done in the AM fasted so I can be done with it. However, if you train hard and your glycogen levels are depleted (as they should be) then doing it post weights would be the same as fasted....

Taylor Normandeau
01-31-2013, 02:47 PM
My wife had an allergic reaction we spent the day in the hospital yesterday, I figured one of you guys sabotaged her to make me break. The diet was on point...except for the sandwich I had for dinner and a chicken wing (yes one). I felt so guilty then once we left I stopped by my parents and got on the treadmill for half hour...which also gave me a chance to catch up on an episode of Dexter. Working on the "on demand" of the last season...

Big Barry
01-31-2013, 03:49 PM
My wife had an allergic reaction we spent the day in the hospital yesterday, I figured one of you guys sabotaged her to make me break. The diet was on point...except for the sandwich I had for dinner and a chicken wing (yes one). I felt so guilty then once we left I stopped by my parents and got on the treadmill for half hour...which also gave me a chance to catch up on an episode of Dexter. Working on the "on demand" of the last season...

Hope you're wife's ok, bro... bad allergic reactions can be pretty damn scary!

Taylor Normandeau
01-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Hope you're wife's ok, bro... bad allergic reactions can be pretty damn scary!

Yeah it wasn't immediate but got progressively worse over the course of a few days, She's on the mend now, thank you for the wishes. The swelling was when we took it seriously...

Taylor Normandeau
01-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Just got my free goodies from our kind sponsor...DROL baby. Do I wait, or just do it now because why the fuck not?

"Rodz"
01-31-2013, 05:31 PM
Glad to hear she is getting better bro

heavyiron
01-31-2013, 05:42 PM
Glad you got the products and your wife is doing better brother!

TheRage93
01-31-2013, 06:59 PM
Mehhhhh :/ what happened?

TheRage93
01-31-2013, 07:00 PM
You get free products? I'd actually wait to use it? IMO.

bad rad
01-31-2013, 10:50 PM

Doing it before is more catabolic, I read a study years ago comparing them. If I can find it I'll post it.

Glad to read wife is doing better Taylor.

TheRage93
01-31-2013, 11:36 PM
Okay sweet. Thanks.

D-NUTZ
01-31-2013, 11:44 PM
Doing it post workout isn't good either.

When I get on my laptop ill post up why.

Or you could just google something like "John meadows cardio post workout" and you should find the thread on PM

D-NUTZ
01-31-2013, 11:57 PM
I know I am not doing your diet (and cardio goes with that)...lol...but I do not like post workout cardio. Weight training done intensely turns on mTOR which equals protein synthesis - the good guys....cardio (particularly excessive) turns on AMPK an enzyme that inhibits mTOR signaling..not good....you step on the gas with training, cardio slams on the brakes..

how much and how intense of cardio will do this...not 100 sure, but i would not do post workout cardio for this reason. Burn fat during other parts of the day, not around the time you are trying to tell your body to build muscle...

just a thought for my brothes here..

Owner and creator of http://mountaindogdiet.com/

~Maz~
02-01-2013, 06:11 AM
~ What was it your wife ate to get that kind of reaction?? Was it something she KNOWS she is allergic to but slipped into her food by accident?? I know a few people who have nut allergies who have to carry adrenaline injections around with them at all times!! Can be freaky as hell!! Hope she is much better!!

Hugs for your little babe and I hope his eyesight was not too effected by the brilliance of Dave's teeth!! ~ :hugme:

TheRage93
02-01-2013, 07:11 AM
~ What was it your wife ate to get that kind of reaction?? Was it something she KNOWS she is allergic to but slipped into her food by accident?? I know a few people who have nut allergies who have to carry adrenaline injections around with them at all times!! Can be freaky as hell!! Hope she is much better!!

Hugs for your little babe and I hope his eyesight was not too effected by the brilliance of Dave's teeth!! ~ :hugme:
An EPI pen :)

TheRage93
02-01-2013, 07:13 AM
I know I am not doing your diet (and cardio goes with that)...lol...but I do not like post workout cardio. Weight training done intensely turns on mTOR which equals protein synthesis - the good guys....cardio (particularly excessive) turns on AMPK an enzyme that inhibits mTOR signaling..not good....you step on the gas with training, cardio slams on the brakes..

how much and how intense of cardio will do this...not 100 sure, but i would not do post workout cardio for this reason. Burn fat during other parts of the day, not around the time you are trying to tell your body to build muscle...

just a thought for my brothes here..

Owner and creator of http://mountaindogdiet.com/
This is ridiculous lol.

Taylor Normandeau
02-01-2013, 05:32 PM
This is ridiculous lol.

I do agree that it is not optimal, I concur that burning fat for the morning with cardio and no carbs is best then turning on the muscle oven in the evening. But some of us can't swing this all the time so post workout is better than no cardio. And right now that is my only option. It definitely still works.

Taylor Normandeau
02-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the concern guys. No, no known allergies....that's why it was weird. It started on her ears she thought it was a burn from the tanning booth or something. She's been on a diet since christmas, which she's been eating a lot of fish and walnuts. She has always had those things but not in this quantity so possibly she developed an allergy...it wasn't an instant swell up like a severe reaction but it got worse and worse every day and benedryl actually made it MUCH worse, so after the hives spread down the arms and her face was swollen to the point her eyes could barely open, we headed to the hospital.

Shitty thing is that we just moved back to the country and she doesn't have health insurance...she will get free health care once her resident status is granted. But even though money is tight right now, health is always more important.

The doc has her on 3 different meds and the swelling is gone now, just the itchyness remains but that will take time. shitty thing is, she has changed SO many things lately with her food that it's impossible to pinpoint what it was. Maybe down the road we can get her allergy testing.

D-NUTZ
02-01-2013, 05:47 PM
I do agree that it is not optimal, I concur that burning fat for the morning with cardio and no carbs is best then turning on the muscle oven in the evening. But some of us can't swing this all the time so post workout is better than no cardio. And right now that is my only option. It definitely still works.

I agree.

Gotta get it in when you can bro.

Taylor Normandeau
02-02-2013, 01:47 AM

Taylor Normandeau
02-02-2013, 01:50 AM
232 lbs. 4 lb increase but I feel like I have lost bodyfat as well. Next week the t3 and eca go up as well as cardio, food will stay the same.

Big Barry
02-02-2013, 04:05 AM
Your shoulder to waist ratio is enormous... I think we may have found the new X-Man!

bad rad
02-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Even if you're pumped up I can see some changes from the first week.

heavyiron
02-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Good progress brother!

Taylor Normandeau
02-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Your shoulder to waist ratio is enormous... I think we may have found the new X-Man!

My waist isn't really that small, but thankfully I was blessed with very very wide shoulders. I'm very aware of my weak points, but I can safely admit my shoulders are wider than 99% of people I meet.

Even if you're pumped up I can see some changes from the first week.
Thank you sir.

Good progress brother!
Annnnd thank you sir!

RichDC2
02-02-2013, 03:48 PM
You have a look I hope to achieve someday! Keep it up!

swingslammer
02-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Interesting read so far.....you have alot of differant opinions on alot of differant subjects here. Thanks.

Taylor Normandeau
02-02-2013, 05:12 PM
You have a look I hope to achieve someday! Keep it up!
That means a lot to me, especially considering I used to be a droopy fat ass. I appreciate it, just give me another 2-3 years! Thanks man.

Interesting read so far.....you have alot of differant opinions on alot of differant subjects here. Thanks.
I guess that's just how I am. I start off by listening to the people who I feel are the most trust worthy and genuine then I use my own experience as my guide. It gets annoying to hear so many people online shit talk "bro-science" when a lot of what they dismiss is in the trenches results.

I may also be crazy, that is an option. But I just have never been one for convention when my gut tells me otherwise.

That being said, it could sound like I'm stubborn, but truthfully I am the opposite. I'm always trying to find what works best and open to new ideas, but once I find something that works for me I really don't care if someone can pull up a study that says I'm wrong...

TheRage93
02-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Man you're looking lean man. Great job for sure.

M4BTEAM
02-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Great pics showing definite progress. Your plan seems to be working to perfection.

Taylor Normandeau
02-03-2013, 09:45 PM
No carbs all weekend, 25 mins cardio each day. Damn I'm hungry!

heavyiron
02-03-2013, 10:14 PM
No carbs kills my power in the gym. I have to have at least oats or something in the morning.

Taylor Normandeau
02-03-2013, 10:33 PM
No carbs kills my power in the gym. I have to have at least oats or something in the morning.

I took the weekend off from the weights, cause I'm the same way. I do moderate/high carbs on lifting days then low/zero on days off. Sucks!

TonyElTigre
02-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Hey Taylor I would like to wish you the best of luck my brother. I think that you
can do it and I think that 12 weeks will be enough time for you to get shredded
for sure. Just give it some time bro and eat as clean as possible and it will happen

TheRage93
02-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Damn I agree. I give out quicker. No glycogen blows.

TheRage93
02-04-2013, 08:03 PM
I took the weekend off from the weights, cause I'm the same way. I do moderate/high carbs on lifting days then low/zero on days off. Sucks!
Huh, nice scheduling man.

M4BTEAM
02-05-2013, 01:46 AM
We'll be looking for the 3 week progress pics between the 8th and the 10th.

Once again we will want some sort of proof, like a newspaper etc.

Thanks for a wonderful first 3 weeks... this contest has exceeded all our expectations.

Taylor Normandeau
02-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Hey Taylor I would like to wish you the best of luck my brother. I think that you
can do it and I think that 12 weeks will be enough time for you to get shredded
for sure. Just give it some time bro and eat as clean as possible and it will happen
Thank you very much, I appreciate it. I usually do this process solo and I am not used to having people watch me progress or have any investment in it. It's very inspiring!

Thanks for a wonderful first 3 weeks... this contest has exceeded all our expectations.
No problem sir

Taylor Normandeau
02-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Fucking luxury right here...re-heated shitty fish, 2 slices of organic sprouted whole grain bread with grass fed butter, and SUPER CLASSY folgers instant coffee.

WHATS UP PHIL HEATH

Taylor Normandeau
02-05-2013, 02:25 PM
And that's some Dijon to mask the taste of fish. I like fish when it's fresh and cooked well, but it's hard to choke it down sometimes after you weigh out your portion from the tupperware in the fridge.

Dijon mustard is a god send for anyone wanting to shove some food in their face that they don't necessarily enjoy.

cook
02-05-2013, 03:22 PM
looks yummy...gag..making great progress.keep up the good work

heavyiron
02-05-2013, 04:02 PM
LOL, I was choking down 3 day old chicken my last meal thinking the same thing.

Thank god for lean beef and taco seasoning.

M4BTEAM
02-05-2013, 04:08 PM
I am not used to having people watch me progress or have any investment in it. It's very inspiring!

This is the wonderful thing about these journals. Nobody wants to look like they're treading water and not getting anywhere when they post their progress pics, so everybody is pushing themselves.

Ideally it would be amazing to have 10 guys in the best shape of their lives by the end of the 12 weeks, but even if just one or two guys achieve it then this comp has been a huge success.

There's also the $1000 prize, so it pays to look good too. lol

M4BTEAM
02-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Dijon mustard is a god send for anyone wanting to shove some food in their face that they don't necessarily enjoy.

Mustard will kill the taste of just about anything. lol

bushmaster
02-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Great progress so far. How many carbs are you taking in for the cycling? Doing any peri workout carbs/pro?

TheRage93
02-05-2013, 09:52 PM
And that's some Dijon to mask the taste of fish. I like fish when it's fresh and cooked well, but it's hard to choke it down sometimes after you weigh out your portion from the tupperware in the fridge.

I agree... It's terrible. Gets old too. I try to mix it up with seasonings, marinates, and sauces.

Taylor Normandeau
02-06-2013, 12:26 AM
This is the wonderful thing about these journals. Nobody wants to look like they're treading water and not getting anywhere when they post their progress pics, so everybody is pushing themselves.

Ideally it would be amazing to have 10 guys in the best shape of their lives by the end of the 12 weeks, but even if just one or two guys achieve it then this comp has been a huge success.

There's also the $1000 prize, so it pays to look good too. lol
Yeah, it is a great event so far. The variety in the competition is my favorite part about it. All sorts of body types, with different starting and (soon to see) ending points.

I wanted to enter before I knew I was eligible for the prize (shipping question), and was willing to donate it. I just wanted a reason to really kick it up as I want to make serious serious progress in 2013.

To be completely honest I would probably have a better chance at winning if I just aggressively cut, but I want to keep muscle gain on the table as well as I plan on competing at the end of the year so this is also slightly my off-season. It will be great to have a nice leaner starting point though, and catch a nice rebound after this 12 weeks!

Mustard will kill the taste of just about anything. lol
I don't really like mustard, but it just erases what you put it on so that's its purpose.

Great progress so far. How many carbs are you taking in for the cycling? Doing any peri workout carbs/pro?
Thanks buddy I appreciate it, I'm working hard and trying new things. For the last 8-9 months I did the peri workout carbs ONLY and relied on protein and fat the rest of the time. It did me well, but I needed a change and honestly I looked back at pics of myself when I was doing a higher carb thing but then low carbs on my off days, and I had a better look.

I am basically doing...

M-200/250g
T-300/350g
W-<50g
Th-200/250g
F-300/350g (well that's a bit of a lie as I throw in a cheat meal post workout in the evening)
Sat and sun-<50g

Those follow my training days as I train Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday right now and throw in cardio post workout and try to get it in on at least 2 of my off days as well.

I am still doing intra drink with powdered gatorade (dextrose), creatine mono, glutamine, and some leucine. Once the finances are improved I plan on upgrading these ingredients.

I agree... It's terrible. Gets old too. I try to mix it up with seasonings, marinates, and sauces.
Yeah man I have a large sauce and spice selection, soy sauce is my main go to, love that asian shit haha.

Taylor Normandeau
02-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Also, although I really don't yap about lifts much or care about strength, I got a new personal best on the hack squat. 13 reps with 7 plates a side. My legs have REALLY responded to this high frequency training...Although it might just be the change that is causing the "shock" and change, I am starting to think maybe just doing 3-5 sets for legs 2-3 times a week is more effecient than doing 15-20 sets but only once every 7 or 8 days.

All I know is it's working for right now...

heavyiron
02-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Your training and nutrition plan looks good man. You are going to smoke a bunch of guys if you can handle those low carb days the whole way. LOL!

Very cool on the legs also. Its weird how you can learn something so simple over the years. I still feel like a student.

Anyway, I needed this for the motivation as well. Feels good dumping the flab and having a concrete goal.

TheRage93
02-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Also, although I really don't yap about lifts much or care about strength, I got a new personal best on the hack squat. 13 reps with 7 plates a side. My legs have REALLY responded to this high frequency training...Although it might just be the change that is causing the "shock" and change, I am starting to think maybe just doing 3-5 sets for legs 2-3 times a week is more effecient than doing 15-20 sets but only once every 7 or 8 days.

I'm a powerlifter, and I make better progress with high frequency training too lol. Idk how, but I like it!

leanbody
02-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Damn bro, just read your thread and it is great to see you doing so well. Good that you started out with generous love handles, cause those will surely be gone in a few weeks and the "before &after" will be impressive - lol I tried the ECA T3 thing last fall and it worked great (with lots of cardio) and got rid of most of my love handles and back fat.

Awesome that u are doing this with a new baby too - that was my excuse to quit exercise for 9 years - worst "decision" I ever made! i'll be following with interest!

BTW - been said before, but you do have a sick taper with those shoulders - your waist looks like about 29" but u said it's "average?"

One more question - what's "peri workout"? Typo for pre workout?

Taylor Normandeau
02-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Damn bro, just read your thread and it is great to see you doing so well. Good that you started out with generous love handles, cause those will surely be gone in a few weeks and the "before &after" will be impressive - lol I tried the ECA T3 thing last fall and it worked great (with lots of cardio) and got rid of most of my love handles and back fat.

Awesome that u are doing this with a new baby too - that was my excuse to quit exercise for 9 years - worst "decision" I ever made! i'll be following with interest!

BTW - been said before, but you do have a sick taper with those shoulders - your waist looks like about 29" but u said it's "average?"

One more question - what's "peri workout"? Typo for pre workout?

Thank you, I really appreciate this. The love handles are my downfall, they are so stubborn, and if they were one I can honestly say I would be pretty happy with my appearance.

I only missed 10 days out of the gym when my son was born, and I ate whatever I wanted for the 4-5 days we were in the hospital. It was tough at first, but my wife had to go back to work 4 weeks after birth (thank you America and your lack of maternity leave), so I was doing all the night feedings (with a bottle not my boob haha) and playing mommy to a newborn all day, then worked evenings and weekends for 35 hours a week from the 2 month point on...

It was the hardest period of my life, but I just got through it like a robot and managed to make progress still. I did almost hit rock bottom a few times and it wasn't always pretty, but we survived. Now he is 10 months old, I still do a lot more than most fathers I have met but the wife isn't working anymore (thank god) so I do the day job thing and she stays home.

I WISH my waist was 29" haha. When I was at my fattest (2007, I was 285 lbs hadn't exercised in a few years) I had a 42" waist (well, pant size). I am now in the 34" range. I think this is a testament to my shoulder width though, I am very modest about my progress but I must admit I am blessed with a wide frame up top and also my shoulders grow very well. My waist in the front is quite slender (in comparison to top), but I have those love handles and ass junk that fill out the jeans.

I do believe if my love handles and lower back fat was gone and I was down to stage condition, my waist would probably be in the 31 range.

Peri workout refers to the entire time around your workout, essentially pre workout/intra (during) workout/post workout. So if someone was to say "focus on peri workout nutrition", it would mean put greater detail and thought into your pre-workout meal, intra workout shake or drink, and post workout shake/meal. Basically from 60-90 mins before until 60-90 mins after.

Hoss06
02-06-2013, 08:25 PM

You should try 1.5 hack squats.....GET SOME.

so I was doing all the night feedings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OkcucXIuVI

Taylor Normandeau
02-06-2013, 08:27 PM
You should try 1.5 hack squats.....GET SOME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OkcucXIuVI

That pretty much sums it up yes hahaha, except mine was stubble and it roughed his face up.

Hoss06
02-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Keep up the solid work, Chode. I know those low days are not easy to get through.

Taylor Normandeau
02-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Keep up the solid work, Chode. I know those low days are not easy to get through.

Me so hungie :(

Thanks man, gotta make shit happen.

TheRage93
02-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Those low days.... I hate them. Sometimes I almost crack, which I probably do need to at some point just for my sanity.. I suck it up..
it works great for rage when I train though!

M4BTEAM
02-07-2013, 02:37 AM
Your shoulders are incredibly wide. Do you feel it's just something you're simply blessed with frame-wise, or do you feel that your training style has also contributed to a significant extent?

M4BTEAM
02-07-2013, 02:49 AM

Just a front pic, a back pic... and some proof like a newspaper or something written.

Try to perform the same pose each time when you post your progress pics so that we can compare them properly.

Taylor Normandeau
02-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Your shoulders are incredibly wide. Do you feel it's just something you're simply blessed with frame-wise, or do you feel that your training style has also contributed to a significant extent?

Well obviously the frame is genetics. I have always been "broad shouldered", but it was never a standout or anything. Honestly even when I started training didn't get incredibly "wide" but my delts did okay. When I sort of smartened up a few years ago and stopped ego lifting and really analyzing what got me results and what didn't, I started to expand quite a bit. I haven't really done any shoulder pressing for 1.5 years as I feel that just gave me rotator issues, and I focus on rear delts and lots of laterals. I started back with much lower weights and high reps, and built my way back up in way.

I think most of it is in the ability to isolate the muscle. That being said, I had the genetics for a wide frame, and then the genetic capability to build good shoulders on top of the frame. The potential was only unlocked when I tweaked my training a bit though.

My chest used to be shit and that took me a lot more work to bring where it is, the shoulders I just had to make a few adjustments and lose the ego and then they started to widen out.

Taylor Normandeau
02-07-2013, 02:07 PM
I might do a trip down memory lane here and pull up random pics from when I started lifting and then when I was fat etc, do a mini timeline haha.

Give me a sec to hunt some pics

Taylor Normandeau
02-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Apparently they are all on an SD card somewhere, so I will do it later today.

bushmaster
02-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Well obviously the frame is genetics. I have always been "broad shouldered", but it was never a standout or anything. Honestly even when I started training didn't get incredibly "wide" but my delts did okay. When I sort of smartened up a few years ago and stopped ego lifting and really analyzing what got me results and what didn't, I started to expand quite a bit. I haven't really done any shoulder pressing for 1.5 years as I feel that just gave me rotator issues, and I focus on rear delts and lots of laterals. I started back with much lower weights and high reps, and built my way back up in way.

I think most of it is in the ability to isolate the muscle. That being said, I had the genetics for a wide frame, and then the genetic capability to build good shoulders on top of the frame. The potential was only unlocked when I tweaked my training a bit though.

My chest used to be shit and that took me a lot more work to bring where it is, the shoulders I just had to make a few adjustments and lose the ego and then they started to widen out.

And because of this I hate you.

Taylor Normandeau
02-07-2013, 02:21 PM
And because of this I hate you.

Sometimes, it feels good to be hated haha.

Don't worry, my fat genes balance out that one positive, and then some.

Taylor Normandeau
02-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Here is one amazing photo of me SUPER JACKED at age 17 after lifting for 6 months.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i402/Chodelogan/1.jpg

TheRage93
02-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Here is one amazing photo of me SUPER JACKED at age 17 after lifting for 6 months.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i402/Chodelogan/1.jpg
Only after 6 months? That's freakin cool, were you built some what prior?

Taylor Normandeau
02-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Only after 6 months? That's freakin cool, were you built some what prior?

I was chubby kid up until puberty, but always taller than the rest of the kids my age and stronger. When I entered high school most people thought I was a grad but I was 13. I had to shave every few days and was 5'8 or 5'9 and just thicker and more physically matured than other kids.

I got nagged to play football a lot, but A) our team sucked and no one cares about football here B) I was much more interested in drugs/girls.

I wasn't huge or anything by any means just kinda built like a grown man.

Taylor Normandeau
02-07-2013, 05:14 PM
This is probably 6 more months of lifting so 1 year total, 18 years old. No concept of diet of course.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i402/Chodelogan/10.jpg

Taylor Normandeau
02-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Annnnd here's what happens when you think "I can't get fat because I lift a lot of weights". Burgers for breakfast, Dr.Pepper before bed....not good.

But I was strong as hell and definitely packed on a lot of muscle. This is probably another 6 months after the last, still 18.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i402/Chodelogan/14.jpg

TheRage93
02-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Lol damn. You're gonna come back looking better than ever.

Taylor Normandeau
02-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Chemical note = I feel a lot of ED issues are in peoples heads. I am only running 200 mgs of testosterone per week, and relying mostly on NPP (nandrolone) for growth is known as a dick killer, yet my sex drive is as high as it is on high test and no issues whatsoever. In fact I wish it was a bit lower haha...

But I also get psycho horny off tren, in a much more severe and stranger way than test, while some people have no sex drive on it. So I guess we are all different.

Taylor Normandeau
02-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Here's a lat shot from 2011, I was much higher bodyfat here but things started coming together. Just realized I haven't taken a pic of a lat spread in a loooong time, so here is one for comparison when I do throw one up.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i402/Chodelogan/backspread.jpg

Taylor Normandeau
02-07-2013, 05:29 PM
This was in October 2012, so just a few months back.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i402/Chodelogan/Oct2012_zps05dcbda0.jpg?t=1349199959

ayezer
02-07-2013, 05:51 PM
looking pretty damn big there.

TheRage93
02-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Chemical note = I feel a lot of ED issues are in peoples heads. I am only running 200 mgs of testosterone per week, and relying mostly on NPP (nandrolone) for growth is known as a dick killer, yet my sex drive is as high as it is on high test and no issues whatsoever. In fact I wish it was a bit lower haha...

But I also get psycho horny off tren, in a much more severe and stranger way than test, while some people have no sex drive on it. So I guess we are all different.

Right now I'm using a higher dose with deca lol and my dick feels fine! Lmao

RichDC2
02-07-2013, 09:31 PM
How much and what frequency are you running the npp?

Taylor Normandeau
02-08-2013, 02:54 PM
looking pretty damn big there.
Thanks man. It's been a productive year

Yeah who knows about that stuff, I think a lot depends on other factors.

How much and what frequency are you running the npp?
100mg ED.

M4BTEAM
02-09-2013, 02:08 AM

It's a highly individual thing, some guys completely lose their sex drive while others seem to thrive. Drug/hormonal interactions are very complex.

Big Barry
02-09-2013, 03:39 AM
It's a highly individual thing, some guys completely lose their sex drive while others seem to thrive. Drug/hormonal interactions are very complex.

It's strange how different we all respond. But I suppose we all live our lives differently, eat different foods, take different medications and have unique genetic make ups...

Taylor Normandeau
02-09-2013, 02:08 PM
It's strange how different we all respond. But I suppose we all live our lives differently, eat different foods, take different medications and have unique genetic make ups...

I are alien.

Big Barry
02-09-2013, 02:19 PM
I are alien.

That explains your vast shoulder width... it probably explains Mike Rodrigues massive penis too. These things don't just happen. lol

Taylor Normandeau
02-09-2013, 02:20 PM
That explains your vast shoulder width... it probably explains Mike Rodrigues massive penis too. These things don't just happen. lol

We are both Canadian...coincidence? Or is Canada secretly an extra-terrestrial colony...!?!??!?

Big Barry
02-09-2013, 02:27 PM
We are both Canadian...coincidence? Or is Canada secretly an extra-terrestrial colony...!?!??!?

There's tons of proof on Youtube, bro. It's no coincidence...

axeFnzsg3gI

Taylor Normandeau
02-09-2013, 03:26 PM
There's tons of proof on Youtube, bro. It's no coincidence...

axeFnzsg3gI

That's my dad.

Taylor Normandeau
02-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Here was me in 2007...not pretty. But damn did I have fun.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i402/Chodelogan/transform4_zpsa684e63a.jpg?t=1360464653

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i402/Chodelogan/transform5_zpse055c3f0.jpg?t=1360464654

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i402/Chodelogan/transform3_zpsffe67cf8.jpg?t=1360464667

Taylor Normandeau
02-09-2013, 09:57 PM
....I liked to party.

Taylor Normandeau
02-09-2013, 09:59 PM
I'll have my pics up tomorrow for the 10th.

Here's a few snapped in my parents bathroom last night when I went for dinner...Chinese food pump.

Hoss06
02-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Huge transformation!

Big Barry
02-09-2013, 10:13 PM
LOL. Great pics. It's not just D-NUTZ who's came a long way by the looks of them snapshots.

You look so happy in those pics. Just looking at them makes me want to go out and party! haha

TheRage93
02-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Yea no joke. Everyone def responds differently.

TheRage93
02-09-2013, 10:54 PM
LOL. Great pics. It's not just D-NUTZ who's came a long way by the looks of them snapshots.

You look so happy in those pics. Just looking at them makes me want to go out and party! haha

I once got roofied at my own bday party. Woke up with 3 girls in my bed and didn't remember a DAMN thing. :/

Taylor Normandeau
02-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Huge transformation!
Thanks man, hard to remember what it must have felt like to be so gross haha.

Yeah I peaked at 285 lbs and a 42" waist. I got down to 195 or so before going back up. It was gross.

But man I had some crazy times...I was way cooler then haha. I defi itely got it all out of my system though, I was pretty self destructive from 15-21 haha.

I once got roofied at my own bday party. Woke up with 3 girls in my bed and didn't remember a DAMN thing. :/

Always set up a camera before getting into bed with 3 females.

Big Barry
02-09-2013, 11:11 PM
285lb! Holy Crap! That's a very Big Boy! LOL

Wonder what your bodyfat percentage was back in those days. Bet you feel waaay healthier now!

TheRage93
02-09-2013, 11:17 PM
285 is heavy as hell lol.