PDA

View Full Version : BADRAD- M4BTEAM SUPER-10 Transformation Journal

Pages : [1] 2

bad rad
01-17-2013, 09:23 PM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/images/barry/MCoalitionbanner.gif (http://www.m4bteam.com)

I copied HI format as it is so thorough.

Stats

235lb tactical athlete, please don’t ask
5'10"
37y this week
Resident wide guy, I have a 20” drop between my shoulder and waist measurements

Goals

Reduce body fat while regaining lean body mass. Was 265lbs @ 12% before last round of injuries

Nutrition

Carb cycling based nutrition model from API.
Training

Mon – Upper Push/Lower Pull/ESD (Energy System Development)
Tue – Lower Push/Upper Pull/ESD
Wed – Regeneration Techniques, Physical Therapy, ESD, etc.
Thur - Lower Pull/Upper Push/ESD
Fri - Upper Pull/Lower Push/ESD
Sat – ESD
Sun - OFF

Core and auxiliaries are every session.

Supplements

Multi-vitamin/mineral complex
Joint support
EFA (every meal)
Sleep Supports

MUSCLE BUILDING SUPPLEMENTS

Creatine before training, I consider whey part of diet

FAT BURNER & DIURETIC SUPPLEMENTS
Lipo-6

Cycle

HRT Weekly, doses undecided as of now but will update.

Pics to follow.

~Maz~
01-17-2013, 09:29 PM
~ Great work and good luck in this contest!! I'm looking forward to following and seeing what is under that tattoo!! ~ :cheerleader:

heavyiron
01-17-2013, 10:26 PM
Glad to see you in this brother! Time to adapt and overcome! =)

"Rodz"
01-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Good lookin plan Bro, shit there is a few us of boys at 37-38 yrs old here.

bad rad
01-18-2013, 12:06 AM
Training today, it's broken down into priority for athletic performance. The cool thing is I get more muscular from it too.

Block 1, main lifts block. Movements are supersets followed by corrective actions
RDL 3x10, hip t-rotation
70* alt incline press 3x10, windmill x5 each

Block 2, core stability and spine mobilty block
Push-up bridge w/arm lifts 5+5, 90/90 t-spine rotation x 5 each side

Block 3, accessory lifts support main lifts done as gaint sets
Lateral raise 2x12
Leg curl 2x12
Triceps pushdown 2x12
TRX flyes 2x12

ESD
4 min green zone, 1 minute yellow x 3 rounds

I've been playing with diet all week and sliding into it gradually. I'm noticing improvements already.

Big Barry
01-18-2013, 12:16 AM
Very nice. I'm totally loving the structure of these journals.

All the best in the contest, bad rad!!!

M4BTEAM
01-18-2013, 01:14 AM
I love your plan. Good luck in the contest Bad Rad!

guruhonza
01-18-2013, 01:48 AM
Really great potential. Good luck

IslandGirl
01-18-2013, 02:36 AM
I am really loving all of your guys journals so far! Here's to the next 12 weeks of getting lean, mean fighting machine. :D

RichDC2
01-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Good Luck! You have even more health issues than I do! You know the saying what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

bad rad
01-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Well Day 1 is starting off badly. My daughter was admitted into the hospital last night with probable pneumonia BUT she's already getting better. The MD's are starting to suspect she has reactive airway disorder and we're hoping she and Mom will come home today. The wife and I are wiped out from not sleeping but I'm still shooting to hit the gym if she comes home. I'm off today, thank you Lord!, so able to prepare my meals since I'm pulling daddy duty for the other 4 rugrats (not much else to do when bed ridden after surgeries).

Depending on how today goes I'll be posting my new before pics and training session later. My diet is 28% Protein and 36% Fats/Carbs each for now. My body is very protein efficient and the IBS wreaks havoc without enough fiber and digestive time between meals. I get 6 per day all close to 460 Cals each.

Provided today pans out it's Upper Pull, Lower Push and Red Zone ESD, Tabata type cardio. Two things I forgot to list are an explosive lift preceeds Block 1 for neural activation. The first lift is bilateral and the second lift of Block 1 is always unilateral training. My balance is still progressing so that's partly why the unilateral stuff is going to be so prevalent.

TheRage93
01-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Very nice. I'm totally loving the structure of these journals.

All the best in the contest, bad rad!!!

That tattoo looks intimidating.

"Rodz"
01-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Freakin intestines! Hope the little one is better.

bad rad
01-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Thanks, they ruled out pneumonia but still in hospital. Hoping they come home today.

PFEPerformance
01-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Still want to see that TAT all dialed in over a 6 pack!! GOOD LUCK! :cheerleader:

TheRage93
01-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Still want to see that TAT all dialed in over a 6 pack!! GOOD LUCK! :cheerleader:

shit, him getting a pack with that tattoo... would be awesome, and I have to say no homo to tht just in case. Goodluck bro, really, kill this man.

Big Barry
01-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Hope your daughter's health is picking up, bro....

bad rad
01-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Hope your daughter's health is picking up, bro....Thanks, I really appreciate that. She didn't have pneumonia but RSV so another night in the hospital. Cost me a day at the gym but in the long run won't hurt me. I got to spend some quality time with my other kids and should get to see baby girl tonight.

Now that stuff is passing I'll try to get my pics up this weekend, would probably be weird asking my brother in law to take them. My diet will be tweeked here and there for better fat loss. I want to let it do it's thing first couple of weeks though.

My HRT will be dosed slightly higher than normal at 400mgs weekly. My normal 300mg dose keeps me in range so I tend to burn through test more than others but I don't generally use my hCG. I knocked my wife up twice after using it for a month or two.

My training schedule will stay the same the next 6 weeks but weights will go up. I'm not long out of rehab so easing back into it overall. I'll post each session to document changes within it. Gonna have to break out the straps, my grip was faining towards the end of my RDL sets. Weird because it wasn't really heavy.

Big Barry
01-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Thanks, I really appreciate that. She didn't have pneumonia but RSV so another night in the hospital. Cost me a day at the gym but in the long run won't hurt me. I got to spend some quality time with my other kids and should get to see baby girl tonight.

Now that stuff is passing I'll try to get my pics up this weekend, would probably be weird asking my brother in law to take them. My diet will be tweeked here and there for better fat loss. I want to let it do it's thing first couple of weeks though.

My HRT will be dosed slightly higher than normal at 400mgs weekly. My normal 300mg dose keeps me in range so I tend to burn through test more than others but I don't generally use my hCG. I knocked my wife up twice after using it for a month or two.

My training schedule will stay the same the next 6 weeks but weights will go up. I'm not long out of rehab so easing back into it overall. I'll post each session to document changes within it. Gonna have to break out the straps, my grip was faining towards the end of my RDL sets. Weird because it wasn't really heavy.

Sounds good, bro. Especially the part about your daughter... RSV isn't great but at least it's not pneumonia. She's in the best place though.

Will be great when you can kick your plans into gear without the distractions, but family comes first!

bad rad
01-18-2013, 11:37 PM
Not sure what happened but that was in paragraphs. Internet is acting funny here.

Big Barry
01-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Not sure what happened but that was in paragraphs. Internet is acting funny here.

I fixed it. LOL

TheRage93
01-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Thanks, I really appreciate that. She didn't have pneumonia but RSV so another night in the hospital. Cost me a day at the gym but in the long run won't hurt me. I got to spend some quality time with my other kids and should get to see baby girl tonight.

Aw man :/ sorry to hear about the daughter. Hope she get well man.

bad rad
01-19-2013, 11:22 PM
The family is back at the house, daughter is doing great. I sat down and watched Pumping Iron this evening while she ran around hyped up on albuterol. It gave her crazy eyes too, she looks like a meth head.

The movie gave me some motivation and I prefer the classic 70's physique for myself. It seems to be more athletic all around then todays giants but no disrespect there. I've been able to stick to my eating plan fairly well all things considered. I've noticed I've been really hungry since starting the clean eating last week. I'm craving clean foods and thinking the challenge is doing some subconscious voodoo on me. I also dropped about 5lbs of water too, weird.

I should be able to get my front/rear pics up tomorrow. I also decided to up the dose a little, found a vial of test so there's no time like the present. I don't plan on going below 600mgs the entire challenge. Hoping this will be more of a recomp then a true cut. My personal goal is to hit a legit single digit BF% as I have never been that lean, even as a child. I was always husky but swam competively for 10 yrs and reaped the benefit of rib cage and clavicle expansion from it. Might try bringing the vacuum pose back into vogue.

M4BTEAM
01-19-2013, 11:24 PM
I hope your daughter is keeping well. Hopefully she gets out of the hospital soon.

bad rad
01-19-2013, 11:31 PM
I hope your daughter is keeping well. Hopefully she gets out of the hospital soon.

She's back and can't sit still, she seriously feels better!

the bull eso
01-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Happy to hear your family is doing well, that stress can really hurt a family man!

"Rodz"
01-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Glad to hear the lil one is better, and I'm noticing the doses creeping up early in this comp.

TheRage93
01-20-2013, 09:25 AM
She's back and can't sit still, she seriously feels better!

Thats awesome news!! Idk if not being able sit still, for your sanity lol, but I guess that's still a good sign!

heavyiron
01-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Glad to hear the good news on your little girl brother!

Agreed on upping the dose as well.

TheRage93
01-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Glad to hear the good news on your little girl brother!

Agreed on upping the dose as well.

What are people doing in the competition? I haven't caught a tend yet. you have though.

RichDC2
01-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Good to hear little one is back, you are a saint for taking care of that many kids! My 4 yr old woke up today with a 102.3 fever, good thing my wife is a nurse I wouldn't know what to do!

TheRage93
01-20-2013, 12:01 PM
Good to hear little one is back, you are a saint for taking care of that many kids! My 4 yr old woke up today with a 102.3 fever, good thing my wife is a nurse I wouldn't know what to do!

wait how many kids is he taking care of??

bad rad
01-20-2013, 12:06 PM
If the camera adds 10lbs I must have 3 taking my picture. Damn, serious room for improvement. I lost 1.5" of abdominal circumference this week, I attribute this to the drop in water. IBS makes my guts bloat and swell if I eat something that kicks it off, the trigger foods change but gluten is fairly consistent.

TheRage93
01-20-2013, 12:13 PM
If the camera adds 10lbs I must have 3 taking my picture. Damn, serious room for improvement. I lost 1.5" of abdominal circumference this week, I attribute this to the drop in water. IBS makes my guts bloat and swell if I eat something that kicks it off, the trigger foods change but gluten is fairly consistent.

you are a big ass dude. whats your bench, squat and deadlift?

TheRage93
01-20-2013, 12:14 PM
it seems as if each lat probably weighs 20 pounds each.

bad rad
01-20-2013, 12:16 PM
I was lifting 6X raw when I used to PL. My SQ/DL were low 500's and bench was low 400's. Two of my most impressive presses ever were 275lb seated military press for 10 and dips with 135lbs strapped to me. Both lifts were at 240lbs.

The back is relaxed too, I'll get one of me flexing them.

TheRage93
01-20-2013, 12:38 PM
I was lifting 6X raw when I used to PL. My SQ/DL were low 500's and bench was low 400's. Two of my most impressive presses ever were 275lb seated military press for 10 and dips with 135lbs strapped to me. Both lifts were at 240lbs.

The back is relaxed too, I'll get one of me flexing them.

I can def believe that lmao. you look like a solid 230 too not sluggish... how tall are you anyway.

bad rad
01-20-2013, 12:48 PM
I believe I can fly. I'm 5'10" now, lost 1/2" due to the injuries through the years.

TheRage93
01-20-2013, 12:58 PM
I believe I can fly. I'm 5'10" now, lost 1/2" due to the injuries through the years.

you know... if worst comes to worst and if you ever fall off a building or plane, just do your lat spread and I'm sure you'll glide to safety.

ayezer
01-20-2013, 01:53 PM
good luck hope daughter is doing well too.

guruhonza
01-20-2013, 02:53 PM
You could fly with those lats! Great v-taper

RichDC2
01-20-2013, 05:36 PM
now thats a barn door back!

TheRage93
01-20-2013, 07:06 PM
You could fly with those lats! Great v-taper
Exactly what I said. He looks a bat! Lol!

Big Barry
01-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Those tats are awesome... and that's one big ass back, brother!

Big Barry
01-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Glad your daughter is doing better too. Awesome news!

bad rad
01-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Those tats are awesome... and that's one big ass back, brother!

Thank you. The back tats are for my Grandmothers, they're both first peoples but different tribes. My oldest kids are on my left forearm and my wife is on my left shoulder. It says rise and shine above her.

TheRage93
01-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Thank you. The back tats are for my Grandmothers, they're both first peoples but different tribes. My oldest kids are on my left forearm and my wife is on my left shoulder. It says rise and shine above her.
What about the one on your abdominal? That's bad ass.

bad rad
01-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Cover up of a bad, drunken decision and I'm a big fan of Danzig.

TheRage93
01-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Cover up of a bad, drunken decision and I'm a big fan of Danzig.

Lmao, dang.. Been there. I got a big aztec looking sunshine around my belly button. Anyway, that's a good choice of a cover up man.

bad rad
01-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Diet for me is the hardest part, since I didn't get to train for a few days I lightened up the protein a little. I also slacked a little bit since it's the weekend and had a couple of beers while grilling my beef ribs. I can't remember the last time I had a beer. No training today but really looking forward to tomorrow.

Meal 1: Waffles and almond butter
Meal 2: Shake based on meal plan
Meal 3: Baked chicken
Meal 4: 1/2 Turkey sandwich with avacado
Meal 5: 3 Beef ribs and big spinach salad
Meal 6: Shake

bad rad
01-21-2013, 11:10 AM
I have fasted blood work today so I'll hit the gym in early afternoon. Today is upper push and lower pull. I'll line out my training afterwards. I'm down to 229lbs this morning, might need to take advantage of a complete carb load day instead of two cheat meals weekly. I look OK but will better be able to judge it while lifting, if strength is down too much will add more food. Another one of my goals is to focus on conditioning. My VO2 max was 31 on a bike, which is average but I was trained for it. I have 3 week ESD plan that I will rotate and build upon.

Big Barry
01-21-2013, 11:17 AM
I also slacked a little bit since it's the weekend and had a couple of beers while grilling my beef ribs.

Heavy likes to incorporate beer into his prep, he drinks it with his cheat meals.

bad rad
01-21-2013, 11:24 AM
They didn't seem to hurt me, I'm well hydrated and down nearly 10lbs from last Monday.

TheRage93
01-21-2013, 06:55 PM
I feel as if a carb load day will be better than 2 cheat meals. That my opinion. Everyone works different.

bad rad
01-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Training today as follows;

Full Body
Clean Pull 4x4

Block 1
Alternating DB benchpress 8x3, reverse pec deck 10x3
Single leg DB RDL 8x3, hamstring stretch focusing on opening hips

Block 2
side bridge 10+10x2
plate sit up 10x2 (holding plate at arms length overhead and straight legs)
90/90 movement 5x2 (t-spine mobility)

Block 3 (giant sets)
BW hypers 10x2
single arm kneeling DB overhead press 10x2
leg curl 10x2
med ball pushups 10x2
single leg glute bridge 10x2

ESD
green zone 3 minutes, yellow 1 minute x 3 rounds. I burned 230 Cals according to elliptical but that seems high.

Meal 1: 3 frozen waffles, 3 sausage links (breakfast w/family)
Meal 2: 1/2c rice, 1/4c black beans, 4oz chicken, 2 tbsp guacamole and fresh salsa
Meal 3: PWO shake
Meal 4: baked chicken, 1c rice/veggies
Meal 5: 2 beef ribs, big spinach salad

Today wasn't as regimented eating due to family's needs. I'll be back on track tomorrow.

TheRage93
01-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Sweet. You weren't joking when u said full body training lol

Big Barry
01-22-2013, 05:16 AM
They didn't seem to hurt me, I'm well hydrated and down nearly 10lbs from last Monday.

Wow... That's a big drop, especially if you are fully hydrated. lol

A few beers never hurt anyone I always say, but then again....I would say that! haha

bad rad
01-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Training went well today considering I woke up with a nice head cold. Not surprising with all the sick kids around here. I was able to stick to my eating plan really easy today so that's a plus.

Full Body
KB snatches 4+4x4, shoulder dowel rotations x10

Block 1
Bulgarian Split squats 8x3, quad/hip flexor stretch x51 arm DB row 8x3, scapula pushups x5

Block 2 done as tri-setsPushup bridge w/shoulder tap 5+5x2Stability chop 6+6x2heel sit lats strecth 5x2

Block 3
done as giant setsTGU 3+3x21 leg Squats 12+12x21 arm pull downs 4+4x2DB curls 4+4x2

ESD
green zone 1 min, red zone 1 minute, green zone 3 minutesMeal 1: ShakeMeal 2: BBing MeatloafMeal 3/4: Chicken with rice and beansMeal 5: 2 beef ribs, huge saladMeal 6: Chicken with rice and beans

bad rad
01-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Where did the spaces go this time?

Big Barry
01-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Where did the spaces go this time?

I fixed it again. LOL

TheRage93
01-23-2013, 01:04 PM
I fixed it again. LOL

LOL that bothered me thanks. I just scrolled past it not attempting to read

Big Barry
01-23-2013, 09:09 PM
LOL that bothered me thanks. I just scrolled past it not attempting to read

I don't know how it's happening but i'll fix it whenever I notice it....

It's not easy to read one large piece of text with no paragraphs. LOL

bad rad
01-23-2013, 09:32 PM
No training today although I would have prefered to do some yellow zone ESD (low intensity cardio) but decided to get rid of this cold first. Tonight was my mid week high carb meal so spaghetti with the family. The wife makes some killer sauce, surprising because she's black and can't cook anything else. Tomorrow is another training day so I'll post once completed. I got my BF% tested today, not encouraging but I have to start somewhere and I dropped another 1/2" in waist circumference. I'd love to finish this about 8-9% BF and around 230lbs but we'll see. Actually just having ripped abs for once would be cool.

Big Barry
01-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Tonight was my mid week high carb meal so spaghetti with the family. The wife makes some killer sauce, surprising because she's black and can't cook anything else.

LMAO... My wife puts chili in everything she makes for me, i'm never off the toilet! lol

bad rad
01-23-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm a bit of a cook/smoker/grill master and make a wicked chili. She claims everything I make is too hot but puts Tabasco on her food, WTF?

M4BTEAM
01-24-2013, 02:50 AM
LMAO... My wife puts chili in everything she makes for me, i'm never off the toilet! lol

Some people use hot spicy food to speed up their metabolism. But I think there are more effective ways that don't cause so much digestive upset. lol

TheRage93
01-24-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm a bit of a cook/smoker/grill master and make a wicked chili. She claims everything I make is too hot but puts Tabasco on her food, WTF?
Good ole hot sauce

TheRage93
01-24-2013, 12:42 PM
No training today although I would have prefered to do some yellow zone ESD (low intensity cardio) but decided to get rid of this cold first. Tonight was my mid week high carb meal so spaghetti with the family. The wife makes some killer sauce, surprising because she's black and can't cook anything else. Tomorrow is another training day so I'll post once completed. I got my BF% tested today, not encouraging but I have to start somewhere and I dropped another 1/2" in waist circumference. I'd love to finish this about 8-9% BF and around 230lbs but we'll see. Actually just having ripped abs for once would be cool.

Finish strong bro!

bad rad
01-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Today's eating is pretty much the same, only thing I change is dinner and I had chili.

Training, all exercises are listed reps x sets

Full Body
Hang Clean 3x4

Block 1, supersets
RDL 8x3, hip t-rotation x5
60* DB press 8x3, overhead KB static holds

Block 2, done as tri-sets
Plank w/feet alt sliding forward 10x2
Stabilty lift 6x2
90/90 5x2

Block 3, giant sets
t-static holds 30sec x2
leg curls 30sec x2
push ups 30sec x2
bench glute bridge 30sec x2
ovhd triceps ext 30sec x2

ESD
Green-4, Yellow-1 only one round as this cold is making breathing hard

I went to see my massage therapist today and she released a lot of locked muscle. Mostly in my calves (big surprise) and back/shoulders. The shoulders tend to go out now that everything is realigning it is "new" and my body freaks out.

bad rad
01-24-2013, 09:09 PM
I did have someone mention my apparent weight loss but they remember me a lot more out of shape.

Big Barry
01-25-2013, 01:27 PM
I did have someone mention my apparent weight loss but they remember me a lot more out of shape.

Compliments breed confidence! Soon everybody will notice.

TheRage93
01-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Damn.... Lol
on the flip side, you're getting noticed!

IslandGirl
01-26-2013, 12:35 AM

Regardless, I'd take that compliment! People now-a-days don't have time to stop and lift someone up with kind words. Hope you told that person, "you ain't seen nuthin' yet....see me in 11 weeks! I'll be a sex pot'!" Ok, well not a sex pot, but yanno what I mean.

Keep plugging away!

Big Barry
01-26-2013, 06:37 AM
Hope you told that person, "you ain't seen nuthin' yet....see me in 11 weeks! I'll be a sex pot'

Rad will be strutting like a sex pot!

bad rad
01-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Regardless, I'd take that compliment! People now-a-days don't have time to stop and lift someone up with kind words. Hope you told that person, "you ain't seen nuthin' yet....see me in 11 weeks! I'll be a sex pot'!" Ok, well not a sex pot, but yanno what I mean.

Keep plugging away!

It was my boss, don't want to make it weird. We have a gym at work and I was training without a shirt.

Rad will be strutting like a sex pot! Pretty accurate. My wife says I was a manwhore before her and we have 5 kids and one on the way so...

I had a 24hr shift so updating yesterday's training. Diet was the same, I eat the same meal 4 times a day. Breakfast and dinner are the only changes. Today will be my break from it though, need to refill the glycogen stores. I'm holding similar weight this week but my strength has skyrocketed, I'm up 20lbs and more reps on some exercises.

Full Body Explosive
KB snatches 3+3x4

Block 1
Chins/Pullups (varied grips each set) 5x5, ab wheel focusing lat stretching x5
Bulgarian split squats 5+5x5, glute bridges x5

Block 2, trisets
Plank w/shoulder taps 20x2
stability chop 6+6x2
90/90 5x2

Block 3, giant sets
bridge hand walk ups 10ydsx2
TRX row 15x2
alt lateral squats 8+8x2
barbell curls 15x2

ESD
Green-1, Red-2, Green-1

the bull eso
01-26-2013, 12:37 PM
It was my boss, don't want to make it weird. We have a gym at work and I was training without a shirt.

Pretty accurate. My wife says I was a manwhore before her and we have 5 kids and one on the way so...

I had a 24hr shift so updating yesterday's training. Diet was the same, I eat the same meal 4 times a day. Breakfast and dinner are the only changes. Today will be my break from it though, need to refill the glycogen stores. I'm holding similar weight this week but my strength has skyrocketed, I'm up 20lbs and more reps on some exercises.

Full Body Explosive
KB snatches 3+3x4

Block 1
Chins/Pullups (varied grips each set) 5x5, ab wheel focusing lat stretching x5
Bulgarian split squats 5+5x5, glute bridges x5

Block 2, trisets
Plank w/shoulder taps 20x2
stability chop 6+6x2
90/90 5x2

Block 3, giant sets
bridge hand walk ups 10ydsx2
TRX row 15x2
alt lateral squats 8+8x2
barbell curls 15x2

ESD
Green-1, Red-2, Green-1
Looking solid brother, love the varity

TheRage93
01-26-2013, 04:51 PM
I agree^ his training is unique, great stuff. And it's working too!

bad rad
01-26-2013, 06:12 PM
Pic of Sampson for Bull Eso.141573

Big Barry
01-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Pretty accurate. My wife says I was a manwhore before her and we have 5 kids and one on the way so...

LMAO... Pretty soon you'll have twice the amount of kids i've got... and I thought 3 was a lot! lol

Big Barry
01-27-2013, 08:09 AM

That dog is a tough looking little guy!

Big Barry
01-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Back is looking wide as a barn door in your avi, Rad! Very impressive, bro!

bad rad
01-27-2013, 08:25 AM
Back is looking wide as a barn door in your avi, Rad! Very impressive, bro!

Thanks, it's the same one as earlier. I plan to only do the pics every 3 weeks as asked since I have never dieted down and will need the time between them to evaluate my progress, I need to see enough difference between the two. For me the scale won't matter in a contest judging apparence.

Sampson is my goofball and extremely athletic even for a Pitbull. He can jump straight up and clears a 6ft fence to peak at the neighbors. It scared the crap out of them when he started.

Today is injection day, Test will be 600 this week with a touch of Deca for the joints and tendons. I'm technically still going through rehab for the Achilles. I'm going to KISS and use test with a little Halovar later on. I might be increasing doses, I've only went above 6-700mgs once or twice so that might be in the cards.

Big Barry
01-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Sampson is my goofball and extremely athletic even for a Pitbull. He can jump straight up and clears a 6ft fence to peak at the neighbors. It scared the crap out of them when he started.

WTF... I'd shit my pants if I saw a pitbull jump over my 6ft fence!!! hahaha

heavyiron
01-27-2013, 09:19 AM

Very cool pic brother. Dog looks real good!

bad rad
01-27-2013, 12:52 PM
WTF... I'd shit my pants if I saw a pitbull jump over my 6ft fence!!! hahaha

He's a sweetie, thinks he's a lap dog.

TheRage93
01-27-2013, 02:23 PM
That's a powerful ass dog!!! Watering my plants, then all of a sudden I see a pit peaking over the fence? I'd shit on myself! Lmao

M4BTEAM
01-28-2013, 09:54 AM
That dog looks awesome! Great to know he's a friendly little guy.

bad rad
01-28-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm feeling really depleted and wore out today but I've been fighting a nagging cold for a week. I might need to reconfigure my caloric needs.

Full Body
KB cleans 4+4x4

Block 1, supersets
Bench Press 5x5, t-rectractions x5
Single Leg RDL 5+5x5, hamstring stretching x5

Block 2, trisets
Plank w/sliding legs fwd 10+10x2
Stability lift 6+6x2
90/90 t-spine mobility 5x2

Block 3, giant sets
med-ball slams 12x2
Standing 1 arm bar press 12x2
eccentric leg curls 12x2
pushups on med-ball 12x2
Single Leg glute bridge 12x2

ESD
(Green-4, Yellow-1)x2

TheRage93
01-28-2013, 10:37 PM
What do you plan on doing about that cold?

M4BTEAM
01-29-2013, 08:05 AM
What do you plan on doing about that cold?

Loading up on Vit C is always a great plan.

bad rad
01-29-2013, 08:35 AM
I dose vitamins/minerals fairly heavy. I probably need a deload week. I was already getting back into the swing of it before this contest and have been blasting training for close to 8 weeks.

Big Barry
01-29-2013, 08:42 AM
I dose vitamins/minerals fairly heavy. I probably need a deload week. I was already getting back into the swing of it before this contest and have been blasting training for close to 8 weeks.

Dave says he cycles everything even Vitamin C. lol

I suppose it makes sense though, clear out the system from time to time.

TheRage93
01-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Loading up on Vit C is always a great plan.
This is very true.

TheRage93
01-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Dave says he cycles everything even Vitamin C. lol

I suppose it makes sense though, clear out the system from time to time.
Lmao, yea true. I'm scared of over dosing vitamins.. Which is funny coming from a guy who would blast with 2g of test.

bad rad
01-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Today was a better day in the gym. I have slept really well these last two days definitely can tell. I added a little fat to my diet, I think I counted the grams wrong the first week or two. Also my carb up this weekend went poorly due the illnesses in the house, I just couldn't eat enough.

Full Body
KB Snatches

Block 1, supersets
Trap bar DL 5x5, hip/quad stretch x5
DB 1 arm row 5+5x5, scapula push up x5

Block 2, trisets
Plank w/shoulder taps 10+10x2
Stabilty Chop 8+8x2
heel sit lat stretches 5+5x2

Block 3, giant set
glute bridge 15x2
1 leg balance squats 6+6x2
1 arm pulldowns 6+6x2
db curls 6+6x2
Turkish get up 3+3x2

ESD
Green-1, Red-2, Green-1

I plan to keep main lifts for 3 week rotations but still stick to the push/pull assigned days. Tomorrow is a regen day so looking forward to that.

On a side note Sampson is a daddy again, he got ahold of a 1/2 pit mix so now there's two little mostly Pits in the world. One looks like him and the other like the mom.

bad rad
01-29-2013, 09:49 PM
I meant take a deload from lifting, I rarely deload vitamins or minerals. The RDA is the minimum to keep from dying of a deficiency. Meals are still the sale overall, jsut playing with the macros a bit now. The wife says I'm wasting away, I do seem to be dropping fat.

TheRage93
01-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Nice. That makes sense now haha

bad rad
01-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Today was regen so I did a lot of Trigger Point therapy and general stretching. Hope to get another good night sleep to finally shake this cold. I'm pushing two weeks with at way over it now. I'm finding it easy to stick to the diet and can see changes for sure, nothing major but changes. Single digit BF might be happening in 11 weeks.

ayezer
01-30-2013, 08:24 PM
well keep going hoe the cold gts better it has been a long cold/flu season for many.
I at times when dieting have trouble sleeping esp if back is hurting.

Big Barry
01-31-2013, 03:56 PM
On a side note Sampson is a daddy again, he got ahold of a 1/2 pit mix so now there's two little mostly Pits in the world. One looks like him and the other like the mom.

LOL... You need to post pics, that sounds awesome. Sampson is a stud!

TheRage93
01-31-2013, 08:06 PM
I wanna see that single digit happen!!! With striated glutes. LoL
i love puppies. Post pics haha

bad rad
01-31-2013, 10:21 PM
Training today went well, got a good night's sleep and pigged out on carbs for a load. Work schedule kinda sucks though.

Full Body
Turkish Get up 2+2x2

Block 1
Good Morning 5x5, t-hip rotation x5
Alternating 60* DB press 5x5, side arm bridges x5+5

Block 2
Plank w/leg slide fwd 10+10x2
Stabilty lift 8+8x2
90/90 x5

Block 3
t-iso hold 30 sec x2
eccentric leg curl 15x2
push ups 15x2
bench glute bridge 15x2
DB triceps 15x2

In other news I went the dentist yesterday and my molar broke in half. Instead of replacing the cracked filling now I have to wait 3 weeks to get fit for a crown, yeah me. So I'm rocking a broken tooth now. I'll try to get pics of the pups this weekend, they're growing fast too.

And thanks M4B for the gift.

heavyiron
01-31-2013, 11:06 PM
Damn man, sorry to hear about the molar. That made me cringe reading that.

bad rad
01-31-2013, 11:11 PM
It didn't hurt but is really annoying.

heavyiron
01-31-2013, 11:14 PM
Yeah but teeth are funny. Drink something ice cold and it can be electrifying pain. I hope it doesn't happen to you brother. The nerves by teeth are freaking awful when activated.

bad rad
01-31-2013, 11:18 PM
Oh man do I know, I have very sensitive teeth for cold foods or whatever. She did inject into the nerve and I nearly came out of the chair. It was like getting fire injected into the side of my face. I have Bell's Palsy on both sides (intermittently) and my nerves are kinda funky now.

TheRage93
01-31-2013, 11:21 PM
How did your molar break in half anyway, bro?

bad rad
01-31-2013, 11:24 PM
How did your molar break in half anyway, bro?

The whole back 1/3 snapped off while packing it with filling. It's broken at an angle one corner to the other. I had my teeth cracked in the past from work and griniding them so they aren't super strong now.

"Rodz"
01-31-2013, 11:29 PM
Tooth pain is the worst FML, I had dry socket once and I had to eat perks all day to deal with it.

mmmmm perks

TheRage93
01-31-2013, 11:40 PM
I hate tooth pain, really, to me it's unbearable.

~Maz~
02-01-2013, 06:43 AM
~ Funny, same thing kind of happened to me ... Half of my wisdom tooth fell out and I didn't feel a thing but thought I'd better get it checked anyway ... I went to the dentist about it and the bitch poked at it and the pain was EXCRUCIATING!! Got to look after them teeth!!

Looking forward to the pics of the pups!! Pits get a bad rap at times but I think they are lovely loyal dogs and the puppies are extra cute!! ~ :cheerleader:

bad rad
02-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Today was upper pull and lower push. I will doing the same lifts next week then changing all 4 days of training. I will also incorporate rotation into the Block 1 lifts every three weeks to prevent overtraining and staleness.

Full Body
KB Snatch 4+4x4

Block 1
Pull ups 5x5, ab wheel x5
Bulgarian split squats 5+5x5, glute bridges x10

Block 2
Stability chops 8+8x2
heel sit lat stretches 5x2

Block 3
Bridges walkups 10yds x2
TRX row 15x2
lateral SQ 8+8x2
DB curl 15+15x2

ESD
(Red-30 sec, Green-1)x3, This hurt so bad after training legs.

I'm definitely seeing changes in the mirror now. Vascularity is increasing and the guys at work are starting to comment about the changes. A few have said I'm getting bigger but I tell them it's an illusion from leaning out; honestly though, I think I'm getting a little size back. Having once been 265lbs and fairly lean muscle memory could be kicking in. Probably gonna relax the diet a touch early since Saturday is my cheat day but I'm smoked. I start ECA next week so that should help carry me and I might start trimming carbs and increasing fat intake.

Big Barry
02-02-2013, 02:40 PM
You're making a lot af good changes by the sounds of it Rad... increasing vascularity is always a good sign things are on course.

TheRage93
02-02-2013, 10:20 PM
I really like your plan of attack on this. These full body workouts aren't a joke! Lol esp for weight loss. They're tiring.

bad rad
02-02-2013, 10:21 PM
I'll get some pics up next week. For me I need the time span to see the difference. I got busy with my '65 Elky today and forgot to get puppy pics. I'll get them tomorrow. Today is a day off training and diet so pasta and Chinese were on the menu. Back on the diet tomorrow. Pretty sore from the previous weeks lifting. Looking forward to switching it up after next week, this one is getting boring. The tooth is starting to get really sensitive too, might not make it to the next appt.

bad rad
02-02-2013, 10:23 PM
I really like your plan of attack on this. These full body workouts aren't a joke! Lol esp for weight loss. They're tiring.

They are pretty tough but are focused around athletic performance. The blocks are designed in a way from most impactful to least impactful. If you're short on time drop blocks 2 & 3 and get the main lifts in. My job requires a certain degree of physical performance so I can't just be a BB.

TheRage93
02-02-2013, 10:29 PM
They are pretty tough but are focused around athletic performance. The blocks are designed in a way from most impactful to least impactful. If you're short on time drop blocks 2 & 3 and get the main lifts in. My job requires a certain degree of physical performance so I can't just be a BB.
Yea that makes sense.
just improving yourself to how it fits your life style! I like it.

M4BTEAM
02-03-2013, 12:22 AM

I agree. They also burn off many more calories than cardio ever will. Unless your cardio is Russian kettlebell jump squats. lol

bad rad
02-03-2013, 09:33 AM
I agree. They also burn off many more calories than cardio ever will. Unless your cardio is Russian kettlebell jump squats. lol

On some of my red zone days I do 4 min rounds of KB swings with a 24KG.

Big Barry
02-03-2013, 10:43 AM
On some of my red zone days I do 4 min rounds of KB swings with a 24KG.

That sounds pretty tough... what's your heart rate like after that?

bad rad
02-03-2013, 11:27 AM
That sounds pretty tough... what's your heart rate like after that?

Usually starts pushing 180's, which isn't that stressful to me. The weird part is my VO2 max is really low, moreso for someone that trains all three energy systems.

141830141831141832 Here's some puppy pics. The slipper is for a size comparison; they're almost a week old and that's a size 11 slipper.

Big Barry
02-03-2013, 11:33 AM
LOL... Look at all those little Sampsons. I never thought of Pits as cute before but look at them sleeping beside the slipper. Awww!

TheRage93
02-03-2013, 08:36 PM
I think my nuts shrunk after seeing those pics.
cute puppies!!!!

the bull eso
02-04-2013, 12:53 PM
puppy love

M4BTEAM
02-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Those puppies look so cute and tiny. Do they have names?

bad rad
02-04-2013, 02:22 PM
The pups are Thomas and Percy, we watch a lot of Thomas the Train here. Traing went well today but I'm super hungry this week, not cool!

Full Body
Power Clean 4x4

Block 1
Alt DB Press 5+5x5, rear delt raise x5
Single Leg RDL 5+5x5, hamstring stretches x5

Block 2
Plank w/leg fwd slide to knees 10+10x2
Med Ball Chops 8+8x2
90/90 x5

Block 3
Kneeling DB Shoulder Press 10+10x2
Leg Curls 10x2
Offset Medball Pushups 5+5x2
Glute Bridges 20x2

ESD
Green/Yellow-1 min intervals x5

Strength is increasing so that's a plus considering I'm restricting Cals. One more week on this training plan then rotating lifts. I'm looking forward to the switch. I'm looking kinda bloated after my carb up on Saturday and gained about 6lbs on it, some is apparently water retention. I really want abs but I'm so hungry, need self control or go to keto to control the cravings.

bad rad
02-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Decided to add a little Superdrol I have left over, 10mgs 4x weekly this week and 20mgs 4x weekly the next three. I felt like I needed a little something to push past this strength plateau.

TheRage93
02-04-2013, 07:27 PM

Russian kettle bell jump squats suck. I had to do those as apart of my regime for explosive strength when i was a football player.

TheRage93
02-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Decided to add a little Superdrol I have left over, 10mgs 4x weekly this week and 20mgs 4x weekly the next three. I felt like I needed a little something to push past this strength plateau.

i have yet to find some. even beastdrol. I will continue my search!

M4BTEAM
02-05-2013, 01:47 AM
We'll be looking for the 3 week progress pics between the 8th and the 10th.

Once again we will want some sort of proof, like a newspaper etc.

Thanks for a wonderful first 3 weeks... this contest has exceeded all our expectations.

bad rad
02-05-2013, 02:42 PM

Thanks for a wonderful first 3 weeks... this contest has exceeded all our expectations.

Sweet, I can say this contest is helping to keep me honest. I don't want to look like a bag of dicks in 9 weeks from now.

M4BTEAM
02-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Sweet, I can say this contest is helping to keep me honest. I don't want to look like a bag of dicks in 9 weeks from now.

LOL. I was just saying on Taylor's thread how great it is to have people scrutinizing from week to week. It really gives that added focus, nobody wants to look like they aren't making any progress.

I think that's why everybody is doing so well.

heavyiron
02-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Superdrol is the supercharger of the oral world. Love that compound. I have many bottles of different designers and SD is one of my favs.

bad rad
02-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Superdrol is the supercharger of the oral world. Love that compound. I have many bottles of different designers and SD is one of my favs.

I've got 3 bottles and some change left over. I took one today for the first time Pre-WO and wow. I was sweating like crazy but I barely stop moving when I train. Things are progressing for sure, I did 190lb one arm pulldowns today. That was a first.

Full Body
Snatch Pull 4x4

Block 1
DB Squats 5x5, hip/quad stretching x5
1 arm DB row 5+5x5, scapula pushups x5

Block 2
Stabilty lift 6+6x2
heel sit lat stretch 5x2

Block 3
Glute bridges 15x2
Single leg balance SQ 8+8x2
1 arm pulldown 4+4x2
DB curls 4+4x2

ESD
intervals 9 min, I couldn't get my HR up into my Red zone and I was moving! Seems my conditioning is increasing, sweet.

I feel beat up right now but will be changing exercises next week and have decided to deload at the same time. It will give me a light break in week and recharge.

TheRage93
02-05-2013, 09:45 PM
I need me some. Would anyone say SD is stronger or as strong as anadrol?

bad rad
02-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Superdrol doesn't produce the water weight that A-bombs will.

Today was an off day from lifting so I took my son to see The Hobbit movie. He seemed to enjoy it quite a bit. Tonight is carb up meal so pizza, wings and ice cream. I'm still steadily dropping weight and inches. Let's see how far this can go.

TheRage93
02-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Yea I know that, just don't know if strength is similar.

how was the movie btw??? Idk if I'd wanna see it. Prequels usually piss me off lmao. Looks weird compared to The Lord of the Rings.

heavyiron
02-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Mg for mg SD is stronger.

bad rad
02-06-2013, 11:22 PM
I liked the movie but not looking forward to the wait for part 2 & 3.

"Rodz"
02-07-2013, 12:06 AM

SD = like a boss.

take your support supps, lots of water and potassium, get those bananas in ur mouth.

Big Barry
02-07-2013, 01:03 AM

I got as strong as ever on SD... as a powerlifter you should definitely look into it.

Big Barry
02-07-2013, 01:05 AM
SD = like a boss.

take your support supps, lots of water and potassium, get those bananas in ur mouth.

Good advice....I had to drink like a fish or I felt kinda sickly.

M4BTEAM
02-07-2013, 02:51 AM

Just a front pic, a back pic... and some proof like a newspaper or something written.

Try to perform the same pose each time when you post your progress pics so that we can compare them properly.

TheRage93
02-07-2013, 11:32 AM
I got as strong as ever on SD... as a powerlifter you should definitely look into it.
I've used it before, just trying to figure out if Its stronger than anadrol. I hear both stories. But HI says its stronger mg to mg.
this was before the ban, now I can't find shit!

TheRage93
02-07-2013, 11:32 AM
SD = like a boss.

Yea it's pretty toxic lol.

bad rad
02-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Well, I decided not to run the Superdrol since I'm dieting and it really works better as a bulker. It really shines with high carbs and I tried once before to diet on it with pretty bummer results.

I saw my surgeon today and with the extreme progress I've made she expects I can return to full physicallity. That was surprising honestly. She still thinks I have tendon disease so when I get enough money I'd love to run 6 months of HGH. Not sure if it will be a possiblity though.

Diet is the same. I eat chicken, rice, mixed veggies and avacado 4 times daily. Dinner was my kick ass chili.

Full Body
Clean Pulls 3x4, dowel dislocations x5

Block 1
Good Morning 5x5, hip t-rotations x5
70* DB press 5x5, wall slides x5

Block 2
Dynamic side bridge 10+10x2
Stabilty chop 6+6x2
90/90 x5

Block 3
Reverse Pec-deck 15x2
Lying leg curl 15x2
Pec-deck 15x2
Hypers 15x2
V-grip triceps 15x2

ESD
Green zone (HR 130-140) 20 minutes

Big Barry
02-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Docs have opinions... go to another and they will give you a different diagnosis.

Get some hgh or try something else before you give in to their tendon disease theories... at least get a second opinion.

I never accept what the doctor says....ever! I've also got perfect teeth and i've not been to the dentist since I was 14.... i'm now 38. lol

Experts spout, go to a guy who hasn't been indoctrinated.

bad rad
02-07-2013, 09:22 PM
She decided it based on my tendon health during surgery. It apparently melted after rupturing, I don't think my other tendons are that bad.

Big Barry
02-07-2013, 09:38 PM
She decided it based on my tendon health during surgery. It apparently melted after rupturing, I don't think my other tendons are that bad.

I literally hate docs... I go on instinct... and i'm the healthiest guy I know! lol

Last time I was at the hospital...they though i'd broke my leg yet the X-Ray told them otherwise... they were still arguing about an operation when I got up and walked out! lol

TheRage93
02-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Your tendon melted?! Lol TF... Idk I smell hgh would do the trick. Big time

bad rad
02-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Training today went well considering I woke up at 1:30 am for no reason. I couldn't go back to sleep and I'm pretty sure it was due to hunger.

Full Body
TGU and KB Snatches 3+3x2

Block 1
Pull ups 5x5, ab wheel to stretch lats x5
Bulgarian Split SQ 5+5x5, quad/hip flexor stretch x5

Block 2
Plank w/alt shoulder taps 10+10x2
Med Ball chops 8+8x2
heel sitting lat stretch 5x2

Block 3
SL Balance SQ 8+8x2
Stiff-arm Pulldown 15x2
Calf raises max x2, left calf was cramping but got a few good reps
DB Curls 15+15x2

ESD
Red/Green Zone intervals 10 minutes.

TheRage93
02-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Them last still look beefy

Barrett
02-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Great progress brah. Not to hijack this thread but does anyone know a source for superdrol? Holy shit I'd pay good money for superdrol. I missssss the shit outta that.

M4BTEAM
02-09-2013, 01:41 AM
Looking great Rad, nice progress so far! Keep it up, you've made a very good start.

Big Barry
02-09-2013, 03:46 AM
Great progress brah. Not to hijack this thread but does anyone know a source for superdrol? Holy shit I'd pay good money for superdrol. I missssss the shit outta that.

IML probably has a clone or a very similar compound. If SD never had bad sides it would be one of the top orals of all time imo.

TheRage93
02-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Me too bro :/ me too

heavyiron
02-09-2013, 11:17 PM
IronMagLabs has SDMZ 2.0 which is D-zine (2 SD molecules) and Methylstenbolone (modified SD) That kicks some ass.

Blackstone is also bringing back Metha-Drol soon which is the above plus MAX LMG! It is nutty strong.

M4BTEAM
02-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Great progress Rad. Awesome pics of the tats too. They look very cool close up like that.

bad rad
02-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Diet was pretty simple today, dinner was taco salad based around my macros. In person you can really tell a difference but in the pictures, not so much. This is my last week on the Nandrolone, hope my joints and tendons play nice. I will be changing out my lifts this week but will also be deloading. My plan is to cut back the ESD and drop Block 3 completely. Block 1 will be 3 sets only then ramp everything back up. Hopefully 9% will be here in the next 9 weeks.

TheRage93
02-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Are you adding anything else in place of nandrolone?jw

bad rad
02-10-2013, 08:59 PM
I have quite a bit of Halovar from Purus labs. It has a bunch of insulin support in it and I have lost BF on it without a change in diet in the past.

Big Barry
02-11-2013, 03:16 PM
I have quite a bit of Halovar from Purus labs. It has a bunch of insulin support in it and I have lost BF on it without a change in diet in the past.

Sounds cool, like a secret weapon. It's always great when you know how your body responds to a compound prior to taking it

M4BTEAM
02-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Diet was pretty simple today, dinner was taco salad based around my macros. In person you can really tell a difference but in the pictures, not so much. This is my last week on the Nandrolone, hope my joints and tendons play nice. I will be changing out my lifts this week but will also be deloading. My plan is to cut back the ESD and drop Block 3 completely. Block 1 will be 3 sets only then ramp everything back up. Hopefully 9% will be here in the next 9 weeks.

I like your plan. Changing and varying training style and intensity can really prevent stagnation.

TheRage93
02-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Sweet plan!

bad rad
02-11-2013, 09:48 PM
First day of the new routine, kind of.

Full Body
KB Snatch, 3+3x4, Jump Squats x3

Block 1
BB Bench 5x3, T-rectractions x10
BB RDL 5x3, T-hip rotations x5

Block 2
Plank w/leg slides 10+10x2
Standing Stability lift 6+6x2
90/90 5x2

ESD
(Green-3, Yellow-1)x2

I'm planning to sub out the BB bench, it just hurts too much. I'll probably do military press instead. Diet went OK, I'm holding steady weight but that's kind of expected since I'm shooting for a recomp. Eventually I want be 225lbs @6% BF, someday.

TheRage93
02-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Hurts too much??

bad rad
02-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Hurts too much??

That was meant to say hurts the shoulders too much.

TheRage93
02-11-2013, 10:41 PM
That was meant to say hurts the shoulders too much.
Ohhhh, that's too bad man.

bad rad
02-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Training today went OK, my joints are really flared up. I hope by the next week things have calmed down. Trying to decide on changes to my chemical assistance as I have a huge reserve of stuff I need to use. I also need to stay down around 225-230lbs due to work, I was released by my surgeon to return to my normal job. Being big isn't as helpful at my age as being pretty naked. I've done the quantity thing (265@ 12%BF) for years so time to focus on quality. Test suspension, Tren and Masteron maybe?

Full Body
Hang Clean 4x4, long jump x3

Block 1
Front Squat 5x3, hip/quad stretch x5
2 arm DB row 5+5x3, scapula pushup x5

Block 2
Plank with band pull 6+6x2
Standing stabilty chop 6+6x2
heel sitting lat stretch 5x2

ESD
G-1, R-1, G-3

TheRage93
02-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Do you think taking out nandrolone is making a difference?

TheRage93
02-13-2013, 10:51 AM
In joint comfort that is

Big Barry
02-13-2013, 11:56 AM
I try and avoid things that mess with my joints... low estrogen and high dose winny and i'm like the tin man!

TheRage93
02-13-2013, 07:20 PM
I try and avoid things that mess with my joints... low estrogen and high dose winny and i'm like the tin man!
I agree man. Shit is bad.

bad rad
02-13-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm sure it will make a difference in joint comfort but I didn't get the relief I normally do, actually it didn't seem to help much at all. I had an off day so recovery consisted of a session with my Massage Therapist, I had some issues! She found a lot of knotted muscle, my shoulders were especially bad. That might be the reason for all the joint pain. I have a bit of Winny on hand but am not sure I'll ever run it do to the joint and tendon impacts. My estrogen has been somewhat low last couple of tests. I'm using .625mgs of Letro weekly and might just drop it totally since it's seems to crush my E2 levels.

Big Barry
02-14-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm sure it will make a difference in joint comfort but I didn't get the relief I normally do, actually it didn't seem to help much at all. I had an off day so recovery consisted of a session with my Massage Therapist, I had some issues! She found a lot of knotted muscle, my shoulders were especially bad. That might be the reason for all the joint pain. I have a bit of Winny on hand but am not sure I'll ever run it do to the joint and tendon impacts. My estrogen has been somewhat low last couple of tests. I'm using .625mgs of Letro weekly and might just drop it totally since it's seems to crush my E2 levels.

Winny is an awesome drug, but like you I tend to suffer from a lot of joint issues. A nice dose of Deca and some Hgh can do work wonders though.

M4BTEAM
02-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Most drugs have their positive and negatives. I think winny has a lot more positives than negatives though. It's really about finding the sweet spot regarding dosage so that the sides aren't a big issue.

bad rad
02-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Diet is definitely working, abs are starting to do weird things like show ripples in my stomach. I'm making small adjustments to diet macros. I had a carb up last night and lost two pounds afterwards, nice. I really needed a deload week from training, I'm feeling pretty good right now and the joints are calming down. Next weeks will include block 3 and more in block 2. Chemically I'm undecided as to changes but am thinking the Winny will get used. I ruptured my Achilles after running once before but I also had double whammies from Prednisone and Cipro.

Full Body
DB Snatches 3+3x4, dowel dislocations x5

Block 1
Pull ups 4x3, med ball slams x6
Dips 4x3, plyo push ups x4

Block 2
Plank w/leg slides 10+10x2
Diamond pushups 6x2
90/90 5x2

ESD
(Green-4, Yellow-1)x3

TheRage93
02-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Winny is an awesome drug, but like you I tend to suffer from a lot of joint issues. A nice dose of Deca and some Hgh can do work wonders though.
I agree. I nvr use letro unless I need it.

TheRage93
02-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Jeez bro... All these tendon/joint issues depress me

bad rad
02-15-2013, 10:46 AM
The depress me too. I'm thinking I'll use the KISS principle overall, I'm at a new low in bodyweight and looking pretty decent. I really think single digit BF is going to be a reality.

TheRage93
02-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Nice. Can't wait to see it happen!

ayezer
02-15-2013, 10:51 PM
definately made some good progress!!

M4BTEAM
02-16-2013, 07:15 AM
The depress me too. I'm thinking I'll use the KISS principle overall, I'm at a new low in bodyweight and looking pretty decent. I really think single digit BF is going to be a reality.

Reaching the single digits would be a terrific achievement. Making that your focus and goal should really help you zero in on some excellent progress. You certainly seem on course so far, keep it up Rad!

bad rad
02-16-2013, 08:35 AM
Training was really good yesterday, the deload did it's job. I feel so much better and am nowhere near as fatigued as before. I will be ramping training back up on Monday. It could be from dropping weight or the fat burners are working but I'm starting to get that grainy look, especially in my core. I seems to have a lot of muscle maturity under all the fat.

Full Body
Clean Pulls 3x4, wrist/shoulder mobilty

Block 1
DL 4x3, KB swings x10
Bulgarian Split SQ 5+5x3, SQ jumps x3

Block 2
Medicine Ball throws 10x2, (I nearly knocked the guy over)
KB Renegade rows 6+6x2
Heel/sit lat strecthing

ESD
Green/Red intervals x6 mins

bad rad
02-17-2013, 11:25 AM
What I have decided is no matter how this all turns out I will continue on this path until I reach my BF goals.

heavyiron
02-17-2013, 11:34 AM
What I have decided is no matter how this all turns out I will continue on this path until I reach my BF goals.

Right on brother, great attitude!

I imagine we are all going to look pretty good at the end of this. I personally get burned out after 12 weeks of blasting so not sure I can push beyond that but we shall see.

bad rad
02-17-2013, 01:06 PM
My goal is to get the BF off and get my calf functional again. I was cleared by the surgeon to run and so on but I don't have the strength to push off correctly. I suffered some nerve damage from all the surgery so time is a critical factor.

I also upped my dose to 1,501mgs so as not to be out done. It was a bitch to measure.

On a side note I dropped my BBC 468 rotating assembly off for balancing, should be able to get my 67 Elky cruising by mid summer. It should eventually get a nitrous huffing 1200HP all aluminum 468. That will be getting the rotating assembly balanced within the next few months. Here's a pic of baby brother with a 327 for cruising. The one in front of Whataburger is from highschool, unfortunately I broke that one-BAD!

bad rad
02-17-2013, 01:12 PM
I carbed up yesterday too, I'm up 4lbs today.

ayezer
02-17-2013, 02:44 PM
nice training session looks fun keep throwing that med ball!!

TheRage93
02-17-2013, 05:18 PM
That's so awesome man. Great attitude.

TheRage93
02-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Lmao 1501?

Big Barry
02-18-2013, 04:11 PM

Good thinking. Once cardio and diet become habitual it makes sense to keep going until you reach your ultimate goal. Starting the diet to begin with is the most difficult part, but after a while it all becomes automatic.

bad rad
02-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Training went well today, I subbed incline bench and no shoulder pain so sweet! Started using the treadmill on an incline for ESD, acts like calf presses for better strength/endurance on the left leg.

Full Body
DB Snatch 3+3x4, Jump SQ x3

Block 1
Incline Bench 6x4, rear delt x5
2 Arm DB row, scapula retraction pushups x5

Block 2
Plank w/knee tucks 10+10 x2, 90/90 x5

Block 3
Pull ups 8/6
Kneeling DB Press 10x2
DB curl 8x2
Dowel dislocations 10x2

ESD
(Green-3, Yellow-1)x3

TheRage93
02-18-2013, 10:02 PM
Good thinking. Once cardio and diet become habitual it makes sense to keep going until you reach your ultimate goal. Starting the diet to begin with is the most difficult part, but after a while it all becomes automatic.
I agree. Only makes sense to keep on grinding!

bad rad
02-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Lmao 1501?

I was screwing with Heavy.

bad rad
02-19-2013, 11:51 PM
Had a good session but horrible sleep last night. All day I was in a fog.

Full Body
Hang Clean 4x4, jump squats x3

Block 1
Front Squat 4x4, hip flexor/quad stretch x5
RDL 4x4, hip t-rotation x5

Block 2
One Arm Plank w/band pulls 10x2
Standing Stability chop 6+6x2
heel/sit lat stretch x5

Block 3
High Bench Step up 8/6
X Pulldowns 10x2
Eccentric Leg curls 10x2
Farmers Walk 40ydsx2

ESD
Green-2, Red-1, Green-1, Red-1, did it on the treadmill to work calf and running

M4BTEAM
02-20-2013, 06:22 AM
Had a good session but horrible sleep last night. All day I was in a fog.

Full Body
Hang Clean 4x4, jump squats x3

Block 1
Front Squat 4x4, hip flexor/quad stretch x5
RDL 4x4, hip t-rotation x5

Block 2
One Arm Plank w/band pulls 10x2
Standing Stability chop 6+6x2
heel/sit lat stretch x5

Block 3
High Bench Step up 8/6
X Pulldowns 10x2
Eccentric Leg curls 10x2
Farmers Walk 40ydsx2

ESD
Green-2, Red-1, Green-1, Red-1, did it on the treadmill to work calf and running

Bad sleep can affect everything, mood, training, relationships. Especially if it's over a long period of time. Finding the right sleep aid can be a huge benefit!

bad rad
02-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Feeling kinda beat up again, I think I'm hitting the depleted feeling stage. Hopefully that means fat will start coming off faster.

Full Body
KB Snatch 3x4, dowel dislocations x5

Block 1
Pull ups 4x4, med ball slams x6
dips 4x4, plyo push ups x4

Block 2
Plank w/knee slides 10+10x2
1 arm push ups 6+6x2
90/90 5x2

Block 3
Cable Fly 30sec x2
Rear delt fly 30sec x2
Pull downs 30sec x2
Triceps pushdowns 30sec x2
Biceps curls 30sec x2

ESD
(Green-5, Yellow-1)x2

M4BTEAM
02-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Feeling kinda beat up again, I think I'm hitting the depleted feeling stage. Hopefully that means fat will start coming off faster.

As long as it doesn't negate from your workouts. Sometimes it's best to add a cheat meal here and there to keep the fuel stores up!

I'm sure it's frying fat though. lol

bad rad
02-23-2013, 07:01 AM
Rough day yesterday, I had to take my 1 yr old to the dentist for 4 root canals. Her 4 front, top teeth didn't form right and were so soft they disintegrated.

Full Body
Hand Cleans 3x4, dowel dislocations x5

Block 1
DL 4x4, KB swings x10
Bulgarian SQ 8+8x4, Jump SQ x3

Block 2
1 arm TRX row 6x2
heel sitting lat stretch 5+5x2

Block 3
Vest SQ x10
Vest Step ups x10
My knees started to flare up so had to cut this short.

ESD
Green-2, Red-1, Green-1

I have a buddy that does BBing contest and have been discussing my diet with him, we're making some changes to my macros. I'll probably start Monday since I need to go shopping for it.

Big Barry
02-23-2013, 07:13 AM
Rough day yesterday, I had to take my 1 yr old to the dentist for 4 root canals. Her 4 front, top teeth didn't form right and were so soft they disintegrated.

Hope your daughter's feeling OK today, Rad.

I used to hate taking my kids to the dentist, not because they had bad teeth, they all had perfect teeth... but because it's the only way anybody could get me to enter the building! LOL

I had 5 teeth removed when I was 14... never been to the dentist since, i'm 38 now. Luckily i've got very good teeth because if anything goes wrong I will be performing DIY on them. I'm scarred for life by the incompetent dentists I had as a kid! LOL

TheRage93
02-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Hope your daughter's feeling OK today, Rad.

I used to hate taking my kids to the dentist, not because they had bad teeth, they all had perfect teeth... but because it's the only way anybody could get me to enter the building! LOL

I had 5 teeth removed when I was 14... never been to the dentist since, i'm 38 now. Luckily i've got very good teeth because if anything goes wrong I will be performing DIY on them. I'm scarred for life by the incompetent dentists I had as a kid! LOL
Getting teeth pulled out at the age of 8... I felt like my parents abandoned me and left me with a lunatic lol. I hate the dentist!!! And pulling out of teeth!

bad rad
02-23-2013, 10:58 AM
It pretty traumatic for her but she's doing really well today. Total change in sleeping habits and attitude, they looked like they were broken in half before. Unbelievably expensive but worth it for her.

On a side note, those that are over 35yr and have done GH what was your experience? The Nandrolone was doing something because now I'm pretty sore in the joints. I do believe me tendons have taken a beating from all the abuse I go through for work.

TheRage93
02-24-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm not 35. But from what I know, gh is the absolute best for soft connective tissue repair and strength. Makes them almost bullet proof, which is why when people suffer from a tear while on.. its usually in the muscle belly, and not the tendon.
I also know people sleep better, feel great etc.

Big Barry
02-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Getting teeth pulled out at the age of 8... I felt like my parents abandoned me and left me with a lunatic lol. I hate the dentist!!! And pulling out of teeth!

What type of person goes into dentistry? It's great if you're into torture I suppose.

TheRage93
02-25-2013, 04:58 PM
What type of person goes into dentistry? It's great if you're into torture I suppose.
Makes great money, but demanding too. I'd never spend so much on education to become a dentist!

bad rad
02-25-2013, 06:41 PM
Training changed again, our trainer is putting us through a new phase for 12 weeks. I think I'll like this one. It is close to what I did when I first started lifting for my split. Hoping to have full functional use of the calf by the end.

Block 1
Flat Bench 5x5, t band pulls x10

Block 2
Standing Strict Press 6x4, wall slides x10

Block 3
30* Incline Press 10x4, no corrective

Block 4, done as a giant set
BW Dips 10x3
DB Laterals 10x3
Rope grip Triceps 10x3
Get up Sit Up 10x3

ESD
15 min Jumping rope, I didn't have the coordination so I jumped for the time focusing on calf contractions.

bad rad
02-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Training today was pretty brutal, been lower carbing it. Plus back and legs together is pretty taxing.

Full Body
Power Cleans/Pulls 4x4, dowel dislocations x10

Block 1
Snatch Balance 6x3, squat position streching x10- this was weird but more form oriented

Block 2
Front SQ 10x4, hip/quad stretch x5+5
Chins 4x4

Block 3
Eccentric leg curls 10x2
Barbell Curls 10x2
TRX Row 10x2
Hammer Curls 10x2
Med Ball abs 10+10x2

ESD
Agility ladders and foot work sprints

-PS, I hate dieting. I want a giant bowl of ice cream, my inner fat kid is screaming for attention.

heavyiron
02-26-2013, 10:32 PM
A small amount of peanut butter helps me through. Might have some with your last shake. Sometimes I'll add a very small piece of very dark chocolate as well.

bad rad
02-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Today was regeneration so a long round of Trigger Point therapy. I was locked up pretty good. My left Teres major actually made an audible pop when it released, I spasmed it yesterday doing Chins. I've been having small issues with that shoulder ever since my hip was realigned, it tracks a little different than it was used to. But time heals all things so...

I'm adding some protein to my diet, probably an extra 25-50gms daily since I've been feeling so beat down. I stole that suggestion from Dante. I'm still maikng performance and visual changes, my pants won't stay up even with belt. I have decided to continue the KISS principle for chemical support until I reach single digit BF. Then I will consider the changes Tren and Masteron can make to my physique. I'm going to start focusing on show instead of go since I'm getting up there in age and just can't take the abuse anymore. The Achilles rupture seems to have been my final straw since everything hurts constantly now.

TheRage93
02-28-2013, 04:10 AM
I had the same issue man. Shoulder was completely fucked at one point. Active release therapy and a sports massage for a while helped me out a lot. It's amazing what those people can do because it srsly does work wonders. Hope you do better man.

bad rad
02-28-2013, 09:46 PM
Today was a great day lifting, minimal pain and increased weights. Diet seems to be tracking as I'm seeing steady weekly changes. I really look different from the beginning in person, I just don't photo well.

Block 1
Flat Bench 8x4, scapula retraction band pulls x10

Block 2
Incline Bar Bench 10x4, wall slides x1o

Block 3
Flat DB Bench 10x4, band retractions x10

Block 4
Pullover press 10x3
DB Row 10x3
Close grip bench 10x3
Get up sit up 10x3
Dips 10x3

ESD
Jumping/bike in Green/Red intervals x15min

I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of the changes to come physically.

M4BTEAM
02-28-2013, 10:53 PM
It's 6 weeks now since the contest began, so we'll be looking for update pics within the next 3 days so we can chart your progress.

The contest is now at the half way point ... well done so far!

bad rad
03-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Friday was ESD day, Green zone for about 15 minutes. Today was a nut buster, these Back/Leg days are brutal.

Full Body
Clean and Press 6x3, superset
Bent BB Row 10x3-Ya, it had me sucking wind after one set!

Block 1
Front Squat 8x4, hip/quad stretch x5ea
Chins 6x4, scapula retraction x10

Block 2
Walking lunges 6+6x3, superset
Cable Rows 10x3

Block 3
BB curls 10x3
Leg curls 10x3
Hammer curls 10x3
Med ball twist 10+10x3

I'll get pics posted tomorrow after carbing up today, I'm really flat. I hit a wall today and got the low glycogen side cramps. I hope the pics do me justice. I'm not making the progress Heavy is but a very different look for me. I haven't been in this good of shape for years, my shoulders are getting the squared off look and really popping. Maybe I have a future in BBing.

bad rad
03-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Here's some pics from yesterday and today. I forgot the date proof but I'm not getting fatter so maybe that's enough. I really need to learn how to get proper lighting, I still look like crap.

M4BTEAM
03-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Veins in the arms and cuts in the legs to in the first pic... looks like you're doing well, Rad... it's the half way point now, weeks 7-12 should be interesting to see!

TheRage93
03-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Lats r still ridiculous lol. Lookin good man. Legs look better!

M4BTEAM
03-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Lats r still ridiculous lol. Lookin good man. Legs look better!

Terrific lats. Rad's also managed to keep most of his muscle mass as he's dieted down, not an easy thing to do.

bad rad
03-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Thanks guys, they do get annoying. I can't put my arms at my sides.

Block 1
Flat Bench 5x5, scapula band retractions x10

Block 2
Standing Military 6x4, wall slides x10

Block 3
Cable Flye 10x4, scapula band retractions x10

Block 4
Dips 10x3
Lateral Raises 10x3
OVHD Cable Triceps 10x3
Get Up Sit Up 8x3

ESD
Treadmill 15mins, varied incline

I'm starting to get wicked pumps from the gym. I was told I looked like an inmate due to all the tats and with a pump I looked pretty sick. I had full striations in my pecs, delts and tris.

bad rad
03-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Another great day lifting. Whatever I spasmed in my shoulder is finally calming down, seems to have been a rotator cuff muscle. Now for a down day tomorrow, I plan to foam roll at home as I will spend the morning in the hospital with my other daughter. She's getting her tonsils out but it has been a long time coming. Hopefully she'll feel better once she heals from the surgery.

Full Body
Hang Cleans 4x4, dowel dislocations x10

Block 1
Snatch balance 6x3, bottom sq position mobility x10

Block 2
Front SQ 10x4, hip/quad stretch x5
Chins 6x4, heel sitting lat stretch x5

Block 3
TRX Row 10x3
DB Hammer curls 10x3
Med Ball twist 10x3
Eccentric leg curls 10x3
BB curls 10x3

ESD
3 Fartlek rounds, yep I was running. Not very well though, whole body ached from it.

I'm starting to get my functional everything back. My strength is shooting up so I will have to keep my ego in check. No sense in hurting myself again.

"Rodz"
03-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Another great day lifting. Whatever I spasmed in my shoulder is finally calming down, seems to have been a rotator cuff muscle. Now for a down day tomorrow, I plan to foam roll at home as I will spend the morning in the hospital with my other daughter. She's getting her tonsils out but it has been a long time coming. Hopefully she'll feel better once she heals from the surgery.

Full Body
Hang Cleans 4x4, dowel dislocations x10

Block 1
Snatch balance 6x3, bottom sq position mobility x10

Block 2
Front SQ 10x4, hip/quad stretch x5
Chins 6x4, heel sitting lat stretch x5

Block 3
TRX Row 10x3
DB Hammer curls 10x3
Med Ball twist 10x3
Eccentric leg curls 10x3
BB curls 10x3

ESD
3 Fartlek rounds, yep I was running. Not very well though, whole body ached from it.

I'm starting to get my functional everything back. My strength is shooting up so I will have to keep my ego in check. No sense in hurting myself again.

Tonsils out means ice cream for her and Dad!!!!

bad rad
03-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Little girl did really well for surgery. She's obviously mine though, after coming out of anesthesia she attacked the RN's all spider monkey like.

Block 1
BB Bench 8x4, band pull scapula retractions x10

Block 2
BB Incline Press 10x4, wall slides x10

Block 3
Cable Flyes 10x4, band pulls x10

Block 4
Dips 10x3
DB Row 10+10x3
DB Pullover and Press 10x3
Close grip Bench 10x3
Get up Sit up 10x3

No ESD today, saving the legs for tomorrow. Going to run a little after training. Back and Legs are fun but draining.

Big Barry
03-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Great that your daughter's OK after her surgery, Rad. Hopefully it will clear up any issues she had.

bad rad
03-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Such a nut buster today, feeling it now!

Block 1
Clean and Press 6x4, superset
BB Bent row 10x4

Block 2
Front SQ 8x4, hip/quad stretches x5
Chins 6x4, scapula retraction x5

Block 3
Deadlifts 6x3
TRX Row 10x3, heel sitting lat stretch x5ea

Block 4
Eccentric leg curls 10x3
BB curls 10x3
DB Hammer curls 10x3
Medball Twist 10+10x3

ESD
Fartlek runs x3 rounds

M4BTEAM
03-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Great workout there, Rad.

Awesome to hear your daughter is well too!

bad rad
03-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Tren or not to tren, that is the question.

I could run that and Winny for the last five weeks but just not sure. I'm thinking being below 9% would be better but it might help get me there faster too.

sassy69
03-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Oh dang I get the creeps from dentist stuff.... I started grinding my teeth in college from stress and I'd wake up w/ after a nightmare thinking my teeth all fell out, and then waking up in a panic to check that they were still there. Shit... ugh....

Anyway - was interested to learn about ESD - I always like learning about optimized approaches for different pursuits. I also have limitations of a bum shoulder (never torn, but had some arthro surgery in 2008 & then re-jacked it in 2010 lifting too heavy while depleted a week before a show - now just tends to get tired quickly).

I would say while you have the progress going - keep running with it. When the whole thing starts feeling more like habit than anything else, you're there - just a matter of time.

I hope all the teeth stories are done for a while! UGHHH!!!!!

bad rad
03-10-2013, 10:04 PM
The teeth issues in the house should be over for a while, hopefully. I have managed to crack all by back teeth from grinding and work. I took a shot to the head so hard it knocked out a filling.

I have been making steady and very noticable progress in person. I've always been the big guy but I have no doubt people assume I'm assisted at this point.

The ESD is based around trainng the body to easily transition between energy systems. The goal is performance based but the best effect is the metabolism operating efficiently. Also consider the correctives I list after a press or pull using upper body, they have been life savers for me. The tired too quickly sounds like weak or inactive rotator cuff muscles.

I would love to jump on Tren since I understand the drastic changes it could make. But I feel waiting until I hit my single digit BF goals would be best.

bad rad
03-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Training was another Upper pushing day, I love Monday and Thursdays WO.

Block 1
BB Bench 5,4,3,2,1, band pull scapula retractions x10

Block 2
Standing Military Press 10x4, wall slides x10

Block 3
DB Incline Press 10x4, band pulls x10

Block 4
Dips 10x3
OVHD triceps 10x3
Lateral Raise 10x3
Get Up Sit Up 10x3

ESD
Green Zone 12mins

After talking to my coach I'm starting the barefoot running protocol. It's 12 weeks long so should allow me to transition injury free.

Curt James
03-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Training was another Upper pushing day, I love Monday and Thursdays WO.

Block 1
BB Bench 5,4,3,2,1, band pull scapula retractions x10
[B]

(Googles band pull scapula retractions)

Is that what it looks like? Never heard of those. Great journal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51uHiC9U50Y

sassy69
03-11-2013, 11:10 PM
The teeth issues in the house should be over for a while, hopefully. I have managed to crack all by back teeth from grinding and work. I took a shot to the head so hard it knocked out a filling.

I have been making steady and very noticable progress in person. I've always been the big guy but I have no doubt people assume I'm assisted at this point.

The ESD is based around trainng the body to easily transition between energy systems. The goal is performance based but the best effect is the metabolism operating efficiently. Also consider the correctives I list after a press or pull using upper body, they have been life savers for me. The tired too quickly sounds like weak or inactive rotator cuff muscles.

I would love to jump on Tren since I understand the drastic changes it could make. But I feel waiting until I hit my single digit BF goals would be best.

You're a study in patience in the face of temptation!

So question - and I admit I was just perusing what I found when I googled ESD the other day. The context I found around it was PL - but say the context isn't PL? Does it translate? I'm always looking for a framework that satisfies my love of lifting, but I had to let the heavy stuff go between the bum shoulder and goal to downsize for this new Women's Physique category - tried many, many different things (from swimming to crossfit to boxing) to find an alternative and everything either hurts or it just isn't interesting. I've had the best luck finding protocols that still incorporate standard lifting - just different combinations. E.g. Poliquin's German Body Comp and more recently upper & lower body DB complexes. But I also got my ass handed to me w/ the complexes in terms of the cardiovascular demands - which, after years of standard 'per-body part' BB-style llifting, I have shit cardiovascular capability. Finding something somewhere in between would be cool....

Onward & upward!

bad rad
03-11-2013, 11:47 PM

Is that what it looks like? Never heard of those. Great journal!

That's exactly them Curt. The preventives have made a huge difference in my joint health but it's been a long road to recovery.

Sassy, google Athlete's Performance. My training and goals are based on their principles. My job requires certain physical requirements that run the gamut. This Thursday we're testing BB bench for Upper Body pressing power/strength.

Curt James
03-11-2013, 11:51 PM
^^^^ Very cool.

bad rad
03-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Check out the wall slides too, they are a great shoulder mobility corrective.

M4BTEAM
03-12-2013, 01:34 PM

Lots of great info and discussion in here. I also had to resort to Google several times so I could keep up. No matter how long we follow bodybuilding and fitness, there is always more to learn. It's what makes it such a unique and wonderful lifestyle.

Big Barry
03-12-2013, 04:41 PM
M4BTEAM Contest Prizes Have Been Announced!

1st - $1000

2nd - $200

3rd - $200

4th - $200

5th - $200

6th - $100

7th - $100

8th - $100

9th - $100

10th - $100

All prizes will be in store credit for M4BTEAM.COM

bad rad
03-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Well turns out this is my deload week so yesterday I over did it. I kept weights the same but cut volume by half the reps. The reason for that was to keep the corrective exercises at the same volume since they're non-taxing to the body. I have massage therapy and restoration day tomorrow, should be awesome!

Full Body
Hang Clean Pulls 2x4, dowel dislocations x10

Block 1-I combined it with 2.
Snatch Balance 3x4, groin stretching x10
Front SQ 5x4, hip/quad stretching x5ea
Chins 4x4, heel sitting lat stretching x5ea

Block 2
Eccentric leg curls 5x3
BB curls 5x3
TRX Row 5x3
DB hammer curls 5x3
Med ball twist 10x3

ESD
week 1 barefoot running protocol

bad rad
03-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Digging the prizes!

TheRage93
03-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Bad rad, I thought you had joint/tendon issues? I'd use tren and def not winny if this is the case.

sassy69
03-12-2013, 11:35 PM
That's exactly them Curt. The preventives have made a huge difference in my joint health but it's been a long road to recovery.

Sassy, google Athlete's Performance. My training and goals are based on their principles. My job requires certain physical requirements that run the gamut. This Thursday we're testing BB bench for Upper Body pressing power/strength.

I will and thank you! My job requires that I sit all day - so my training supports the personal requirement that my ass not look like my office chair. I look forward to further supporting other things in my personal life w/ more training knowledges! (And yes I meant to make that plural...Curt aka Stop! Grammar time! At least I didn't put an apostrophe s on it!)

^^^^ Very cool.

This.

Check out the wall slides too, they are a great shoulder mobility corrective.

This.

Lots of great info and discussion in here. I also had to resort to Google several times so I could keep up. No matter how long we follow bodybuilding and fitness, there is always more to learn. It's what makes it such a unique and wonderful lifestyle.

This and this.

Awesome stuff.. taking notes!

sassy69
03-12-2013, 11:37 PM
ESD
week 1 barefoot running protocol

What is the purpose behind this? (Unless I just need to go research...) As someone w/ genetically horrible feet, just the thought of this makes me want to go cry to my podiatrist!

bad rad
03-12-2013, 11:58 PM
What is the purpose behind this? (Unless I just need to go research...) As someone w/ genetically horrible feet, just the thought of this makes me want to go cry to my podiatrist!

I'm recovery from a ruptured Achilles tendon that required a full replacement. I had to learn to walk unsupported again afterwards so slowly transitioning back into sport performance.

Big Barry
03-13-2013, 01:09 AM
I'm recovery from a ruptured Achilles tendon that required a full replacement. I had to learn to walk unsupported again afterwards so slowly transitioning back into sport performance.

I remember the pic you posted of the difference between your two calves. I think it's awesome how you've managed to rehab that leg to the point you can run on it again. It sounds like a really sick injury you suffered.

bad rad
03-13-2013, 07:35 AM
I remember the pic you posted of the difference between your two calves. I think it's awesome how you've managed to rehab that leg to the point you can run on it again. It sounds like a really sick injury you suffered.

It still looks pretty rough and is much smaller. But it is starting to come back. The biggest problem was after the secnd surgery and rupture I suffered nerve damage. When I got out of the first cast my calf came back to full size in 3 days, this time it has been since may last year.

the bull eso
03-13-2013, 01:19 PM
looking solid brother!!!

bad rad
03-14-2013, 08:26 AM
I went to my massage therapist yesterday and she found all kinds of stuff. That spasmed left shoulder was in bad shape, today it hurts but is from the bruising. My left pec was pretty toned up too, took a while to get the knots out. Today is upper body pressing but since it's still my deload I'll be taking it easy and probably doing some activation work for my left rotator cuff muscles. It helps to get them firing correctly after being turned off in therapy.

~Maz~
03-14-2013, 04:02 PM
http://dontgiveupworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Motivational-Quote-on-Rest.jpg

bad rad
03-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Still feeling beat up. It's weird, I always feel like crap during my deloads until Friday and then I feel amazing. Pretty light day, more of a flush and form day. The diet seems to be working as I'm getting spider veins on my tris and abs.

Block 1
BB Incline Press 5x4, wall slides x10

Block 2
BB Bench 4x4, rotator prehab x10

Block 3
Cable Flyes 10x2, rear delt work x10

Block 4
Dips 10x2
DB Row 10x2
DB Pullover & Press 10x2
Close-grip Bench 10x2
Get up sit up 8x2, hold a plate at arms length then sit up

ayezer
03-14-2013, 09:15 PM
thanks for support bad rad
must be good for long term joint health for yoru workouts wish I did that stuff 20 years ago would prob have a lot less prob than today.
Keep working hard.

bad rad
03-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Thanks man, appreciate that. I'm 37 and a father so I can understand life getting in the way. I was very lucky to fall into the training style I do now. I PL for about 10 years and that combined with work ripped me apart, literally. I was able to attend a very aggresive rehab program for the ruptured Achilles. My time there corrected a lot of my issues and taught me that rarely is a sore joint do to cartilage or bone damage. As jacked up as I had become my issues were alignment and muscular quality. It's been a long year but I feel better than I have in years. You should incorporate the correctives I list after my upper body work, it will work wonders for your shoulders.