PDA

View Full Version : Meagan Hesham's Bikini Journey 2013!!!

meaganhesham
02-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Hi All!
I'm a huge fan of everything RX Muscle especially their radio shows that get me through long bus commutes and a lot of my cardio, so when I decided to compete this season, I thought where better to post a training journal?

I have competed in figure, fitness, and fitness model on and off throughout the years with various federations here in Canada mainly as a personal goal to stay fit and to challenge myself. My last stint of competing was just after having my son (who's 4 years old now) - I needed to prove to myself and everyone else I could get an even better body after having a baby. I feel I did that, placed top five in a few competitions, kept doing them every season for a bit, then life got busy and I was concentrating on my business (http://www.fiercefitness.ca (http://www.fiercefitness.ca/) & http://www.mayada.ca (http://www.mayada.ca/)) so I took some time off. In that time off, I have really thought long and hard about my fitness goals and dreams and came to the decision that I am ready to compete again and this time I am ready to work harder than ever - I don't want to feel like I could have done more come competition day. I'm also ready to start competing with OPA (kinda like NPC here in Canada, and the only Cdn. association that can lead to competing with IFBB)! I started out competing in Fitness which I feel is the most interesting and entertaining category, it went well with me as I am a dancer and choreographer so I could use my talents in the routine, but like many other competitors, it became too much for me training-wise... I'm not a gymnast so that aspect was always weak and it wast just so much of an undertaking. My goal is definitely to work on my moves and work on a long-term plan to get back into Fitness. But one step at a time... First I'm gonna get my body to a level where I can be competitive in the Bikini category and try that out! In my mind I'm a little too small for Figure and a little to muscular possibly for bikini so that's why I enjoyed competing in the Fitness Model category with other associations in the past. So, I am a little apprehensive about Bikini, but from following the sport for years, I see winning Bikini girls have very differing looks... some look very slim with little muscle, while others have a bit more of an athletic look. I have listened to Iron Empire Radio religiously since it started so I am very excited that PJ has taken me on and is doing my prep for my first competition of the season (OPA's O'BRIEN LUCHKA MISSISSAUGA CHAMPIONSHIPS on May 11)! I cannot wait and I am very excited to bring my very best package ever to the stage this season! I will update my blog here regularly if you want to follow my journey!

Meag
http://www.meagan.ca (http://www.meagan.ca/)

Sunnyday
02-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Welcome, Meagan! Glad you decided to start a jounal here. You'll find lots of helpful peeps here to support you in your journey. I'll be following along. :)

mrsflexgym
02-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Hi!! You definitly have a very athletic background and know your way around the stage. Its always fun to try new things, and you never know how you will do in something unless you try it. Good luck and keep posting!

meaganhesham
02-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Thanks guys! I have enjoyed looking through your journals here! Back when I first started competing in '03 (whoa - dating myself there), I kept an online journal like this and ended up making many forum friends so looking forward to that here too!

The Prodigy
02-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Welcome to RX Girl!!!!!!! SO glad you are here! RX Girl is THE place to be!!

mrsflexgym
02-05-2013, 02:55 PM
The journals are great. I feel like they help so much. Not just from the information from others, but it also kind of holds you accountable to someone. You feel more motivated when you can share your journey with someone, and when you have people cheering you along!

The Prodigy
02-05-2013, 10:21 PM
When I competed I found a lot of great ideas for exercises and really got a lot of great ideas for way to prepare my food throughout my journey! This is where I found out where to order Stevia from in drink flavors that I could have during prep, how to make my own natural peanut butter, where the best place to stay in Vegas for the USA's was and how to travel with food!

Oh...the memories!

Sunnyday
02-05-2013, 11:20 PM
The journals are great. I feel like they help so much. Not just from the information from others, but it also kind of holds you accountable to someone. You feel more motivated when you can share your journey with someone, and when you have people cheering you along!

Truth! I have met some great peeps here, some of them in person. Two of them actually drove TWO HOURS to cheer me on at my first show. It meant EVERYTHING to have them there.

meaganhesham
02-06-2013, 09:37 AM
WOW, that's awesome to hear guys! Even more glad that I'm here with y'all now! Making your own peanut butter? that sounds intriguing!!!!

meaganhesham
02-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Today is my rest day from the gym... I love working out so much that I don't like my rest days except that I try to look like a normal lady on these days - blowdry my hair nice, wear jeans instead of workout wear, etc. Everyone can always tell when I have a rest day from the gym, Tae Kwon Do, and work at my studio - usually Wednesdays and Sundays! Everything is going so smoothly with my plan so far, I've lost 10 pounds within the last 2 weeks, and have already reached my goal weight for this Saturday - yay! I'm trying to stick to 3 lbs/week, but I know it will get harder as I get closer to the competition so I'm grateful for a few extra at the start here! I am not noticing too much difference in the look of my body, but my students and my family are so that's definitely motivating! I think I tend to just do the ab flash in the bathroom mirror every morning to see how it's going and for me, that's usually the last place I lose... I tend to lose in my upper body and hips/thighs/butt first (which lots of women think would be great, but I think it just makes you look boyish with a belly - lol) Anyways, I'm gonna fill my day off with lots of positivity, visit with my dad, spend time with my son, and get a little bit of cooking done - yay!

curvygirl
02-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Hiya Meagan!

Thought I would swing by & say thank you again for saying hello on my journal! Welcome welcome and I look forward to following you on your journey to the stage!

You feel more motivated when you can share your journey with someone, and when you have people cheering you along!
^^^^ I totally feel this way! Love my RX Girls!

Have a great weekend! Peace!

mpalleyne
02-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Hi Meagan! I think your return would be a wonderful journey to follow!! Reach for your goals regardless

Aaron Singerman
02-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Get em, Girl.

meaganhesham
02-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Thanks Guys!!!:)

Well, last week I was feeling that high, awesome state where you don't crave any bad foods or wanna take a rest day, etc., was losing about a pound every two days, and just in a state of bliss!!! This weekend was a bit of a turn-around from that... it was a little rougher, with a little more of emotional craziness and stress around my house/family so it was challenging for me as I usually just automatically run for the Haagen Dasz when I have stress or trouble (I'm totally an emotioanl eater!) Sunday I was having a totally hard day emotionally and I was in a mall passing that totally tempting Cinnamon bun smell and my husband (bad boy) told me to just have some cake so I would feel better... I totally didn't!!! It even surprised me that I just chugged my protein shake and then met my family for a fun time ice skating instead! I feel like if I can get through that, I can get through lots!!! I feel stronger than ever - yay! Food is such an easy crutch through times like those and you have to work a bit harder and actually deal with stuff head-on when you take that crutch away. Went to my dad's for dinner, he's a chef and makes amazing creamy creations, but he knew I was in competition prep so last night he made me delicious clean beef and veggies - yum! I'm still feeling a lot of cravings now, but feeling like I am strong enough to overcome them! Eating clean is always the hardest part of prep for me, but also the most rewarding!
me & my boy skating!

Today I blasted my legs and did some cardio while my son was in school. I have had to figure out how to only workout Monday - Friday while he's at Kindergarten as me and my husband are both so crazy about gym-time that a lot of our disagreements are 'you got to workout today and I didn't', lol! I think I've got it all figured out now so I don't miss a workout I'm supposed to do!

Sunnyday
02-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Congrats on not giving in to the food cravings. My coach always told me all the yummies will be there after you make your goals. :)

mrsflexgym
02-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Girl, I hear ya on the cravings!! And with kids, they are ALWAYS there!!! I have a 9 year old and a 3 year old. My mother in law stops by the house this weekend with their Valentines presents. So yes, now there is chocolate in my house. Aahhhhh. I dont buy the stuff cause if its in the house, you always think about it. So Ive put it in the back of the pantry and told them they can have one piece a day. That way its just not sitting out.
The bad food tastes good for a moment and then you have hours of guilt. But the accomplishment to turn down the food, is such a better high!! Good job and stay focused!!! You can do it!

meaganhesham
02-15-2013, 01:24 PM
142348Happy (late) Valentine's Day to everyone here!!! Hope you all had great days with loved ones! Valentine's Day is really one of my very favourite holidays because it celebrates love! Luckily yesterday, I had completed two weeks on my plan strong with no cheat-meal and I got the go-ahead for a mild cheat meal yesterday... It was a bit more than a mild one... enjoyed some carbs and sweets with my best friend and a fancy lobster dinner later with my husband. Had a great day in general with lots of love around me! Today I woke up feeling really really sick to my stomach from the stuff I ate yesterday and thought why would I ever eat that stuff? ugh. Back on track today, went to the gym, did some groceries as my diet is switching up a bit now. Tomorrow I will be exactly 12 weeks out from my first competition and I am already getting a little nervous about getting to my goal for it! My body really does not respond as quickly as it used to to everything... I remember when I used to just moderately clean up my eating and workout a bit more and the pounds would fly off... gone are those days! But I just keep visualizing the greatness I will achieve, thinking very positive thoughts about it all, and getting EXCITED!!!!

IslandGirl
02-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Hi there! Don't get discouraged. Remember...it's not about the pounds flying off and the scale number. It's about the "look". Change in look of your body composition is what you are striving for. The scale number doesn't mean too much. So go by how you look in the mirror and another one is how your clothes is fitting.

Best of luck to you!

mrsflexgym
02-16-2013, 12:13 PM
It is so funny how when we are eating clean, sometimes we think we get cravings for the bad stuff. And when we give in, the bad stuff taste so good, that we eat a little more, and then the next day we feel bad. And its like, I dont want that anymore. And then a week later, its cheat time again. LOL. I battle with that a lot. I stick to my diet all week long and just keep telling myself I can eat Saturday night. I look forward to my cheat meals, but then again I dont, cause I know how I will feel the next morning. Its a double edged sword.

meaganhesham
02-17-2013, 11:56 AM
After my extreme cheat Thursday I found it very hard to get back on and say no to all the temptations around me... I am such an all-or-nothing type of gal... when I'm on, I am on, when I'm off, I'm really off (that's how I got so chubby this year - no competitions and really just ate anything I wanted all year = gaining about 30 extra pounds!) I did resist bad stuff and am 100% strong again! I feel like I can't trust myself with such a big cheat and I think next time I'm allowed a cheat I will actually try to have a much more mild cheat (no sweets!!!!) I had to miss a workout this weekend but I am feeling totally exhausted and crazy sore abs/core from teaching at my studio 8 hours nonstop yesterday as well as a crazy Tae Kwon Do class Friday night so I guess that's ok. Tomorrow I'll be back strong at the gym! I know I shouldn't pay so much attention to the scale, but it's not like my body is looking all that improved either and I do know around about what I usually weight for competiitons (and I'm far from that!) I just have to keep on truckin and believe it will all fall into place... I'm 12 weeks out from my competition and it's hard to think I'm at all on schedule when I see people posting pics of themselfves 14 or 15 weeks out from competitions looking totally ripped and lean already! But I know I have done it in the past and I can do it again!!!!

meaganhesham
02-22-2013, 02:46 PM
This week has been going great and the scale was down a bit (didn't expect much due to my way-bad cheat last Thursday and then a night out at the movies with too much popcorn on Sunday - Oh dear!) I'm back in the zone and have vowed not to cheat anymore... if it's time to have a cheat meal, I will just have a bit more clean carbs than usual, but NO buttery popcorn, big macs, or sweets!!!!!! They just turn me into a carb-crazed madwoman - lol! I am 11 weeks out from my competition tomorrow!!!

meaganhesham
02-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Just got great, inspiring news that I may have talked two of the girls who first helped me get into fitness competitions back in 2003 might join me in competing at another competition a couple weeks after my May 11th comp - that would be so cool as one doesn't even live in Canada anymore... reunited and it feels so good! ha ha ha!

sce0027
02-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Just got great, inspiring news that I may have talked two of the girls who first helped me get into fitness competitions back in 2003 might join me in competing at another competition a couple weeks after my May 11th comp - that would be so cool as one doesn't even live in Canada anymore... reunited and it feels so good! ha ha ha!

Girl I know exactly how you feel about those cheat meals. It's like you never really get satisfied and you wanna keep eating more! It's a struggle to do one every two weeks for myself, but it keeps me moderately sane in that department, lol. Can't wait to see your competition pics! 11 competitions is a huge deal!!! Have a great weekend!

meaganhesham
02-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Yup, I am actually scared to ever take a cheat meal again as I know once I get off track, it's so hard to get back into my clean zone!!! Anyways, no cheats scheduled anytime soon. I actually feel so good and strong that I made a bunch of cupcakes for my son and some of my student's birthdays today and wasn't even tempted to try anything! It was a little hard to make the icing without tasting it to see if I had the mix right (as I don't use measurements), but I knew if I even had a taste, it would start a whole day of badness!!!! I kept asking my husband to try it and tell me if it was right, but he doesn't like sweets so had no clue! Hopefully they will be good for the birthday girls!
This was my day... icing cupcakes while eating green beans & chicken - LOL!
Weight is coming down, but I still have a LOOOOOOOONG way to go!!!

Sunnyday
02-26-2013, 05:28 PM
^I have done this, LOL! I have 3 kids and am constantly making goodies for some occasion for them and my husband. My latest is making ice cream with the leftover egg yolks after I separate out the whites for my meals!

meaganhesham
02-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Feeling really great! Went out last night with girls from my studio to celebrate birthdays after classes and totally stayed on my plan! My mom was there and knows me well and all my usual social eating & drinking (often use going out with people as a lame excuse to go wild in the carb department - lol), she was telling me how proud she was of how good I was... it never even really occurred to me to cheat, so I think I'm in a new zone... it wasn't even hard to turn down drinks, burgers, cupcakes, etc. I know a lot of fitness people feel this way a lot of the time, but I am very weak in this way usually so I'm excited!!! I had a totally invigorating shoulder and cardio workout this a.m. at the gym and have Tae Kwon Do later today. I think I may be coming down with a bit of a cold so might take it easy tonight so I'm ready for LEGS tomorrow a.m! March is gonna be an exciting month as I have all sorts of inspiring fitness events I'll be attending and participating in... Checking out a local competition put on by the same association I'll be competing with in May, Jay Cutler seminar, speaking at a fitness nutrition seminar, performing dance at an indie wrestling show, and more I'm sure - bring it on woo-hoo!!!!

meaganhesham
02-28-2013, 03:22 PM
ugh... totally got a cold!!! Feel so sick and my head is totally congested! I did a really intense Tae Kwon Do class last night and worked out this morning before I realized how bad it was... now I'm tryng to rest at home and even took the night off teaching at my studio (which is rare for me). Today was a bit of a low day for me... I'm all sick, plus found out my big Tae Kwon Do Tournament is the same day as my big fitness competition (of course I will pick fitness over TKD), some sucky news business-wise, you know - when it rains, it pours (I believe usually because of the energy you are putting out to the universe). Trying to turn it all around and realize when one door closes, and even better one opens! Being sick and home from work tonight at least means I can watch the RX Muscle live coverage at the Arnold! Diet is still tight and gotta send my progress pic to trainer today!

meaganhesham
03-12-2013, 11:19 AM
I have not been on here for quite some time, but I am making lots of great progress which makes me sooooooo happy! I've now lost exactly 20 pounds since Jan! It doesn't look like that much to me, but then again maybe I just didn't realize how fat I was before! Other people were noticing changes in my body a few weeks ago, but I still hadn't, now I see them too - YAY! I still have a far ways to go to be competition ready (less than 9 weeks out at this point!), but I'm enjoying the quick progress recently! My son is on March Break this week so instead of working out while he's in school, I am waking up extra-early to get to the gym and get it all done before my family gets up. This makes me feel nostalgic as I always used to do this before he started school and mornings just got too hectic! It's so nice have some "me time" early every morning and start your day like that. Might keep this up a few days a week even when he goes back to school... it just means I have to get myself to bed early enough!

meaganhesham
03-18-2013, 02:50 PM
aaaahhhhhh - Jay Cutler was in Toronto this weekend and I went to his seminar which was totally inspiring! My upper body is coming in, my lower body needs a lot of work! Had a great sweaty workout early-morning today after two days of rest!

Taylor Normandeau
03-18-2013, 03:14 PM
aaaahhhhhh - Jay Cutler was in Toronto this weekend and I went to his seminar which was totally inspiring! My upper body is coming in, my lower body needs a lot of work! Had a great sweaty workout early-morning today after two days of rest!

Jay's a cool guy, I missed him last time he was in Vancouver but have met him before. good luck on your progress and welcome to RX

mpalleyne
03-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Keep up the great work Megan!! Focus and it would be done

meaganhesham
03-20-2013, 05:08 PM
YESSSSS! Thanks guys! I am feeling totally psyched and excited lately!!!! My body is changing a lot and everyone around me is noticing which definitely spurs me on! I think I have about 15 pounds to lose and 7.5 weeks left until my first competition. My goal is to come in top 5 on May 11 so I qualify for the amateur championships at the Toronto Super Show a few weeks later. I can't wait for that weekend - it was sooooo fun last year with my dancers performing at the expo, helping out RXMuscle by videotaping interviews, and being inspired by all the fit people there! This year is gonna be even more exciting as I will be one of those fit people (hopefully competing!) WOO-HOO!

mooreve2
03-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Loving the positive energy! Keep going girl :)

meaganhesham
04-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Hi!
Well, it has been a while since I have posted here! I've just been eating clean, training intensely, and staying very busy!!! I am now 3.5 weeks out from my first competition of the season!!! I feel a little bit behind in fat-loss, but am still pretty happy with where I've come to so far and the next few weeks will be insane!!!! Since Jan. I have lost 30 pounds and I think I need to lose about 10 more before my comp! I'm really enjoying this prep and feeling great! I had my last cheat meal Sunday for 4 weeks and it actually made me feel soooooooo sick that I'm not sure I really want much bad food even after this comp!

Here is a progress pic of the past 3 months of work (don't mind the roughness and non-smiling of the pics - lol!):

nic902
04-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Nice progress lady! 30lbs is no small feat, you should be very proud!!!!

meaganhesham
05-05-2013, 02:05 AM
thanks!!! it's been an exciting transformation for sure!!!

meaganhesham
05-05-2013, 02:08 AM
I'm officially one week out from my competition!!! Feeling great and getting totally excited to try out this new-to-me association and category! Just working on all the last week beauty details and stuff now, and of course, planning the after-party!!! Check out my vlog to see what I've been up to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY687I3vF8o

Bryan Hildebrand
05-06-2013, 01:08 AM
And she is one bitchin videographer! Ill drop you an email this week... if you are available in Toronto again in a few weeks? Knock em dead next week!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Granite-Dawg
05-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Awesome..Best of Luck to you..Smile Big!!!

meaganhesham
05-13-2013, 04:32 PM
And she is one bitchin videographer! Ill drop you an email this week... if you are available in Toronto again in a few weeks? Knock em dead next week!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

LOL! YESSSSS - I will definitely help out with whatever you guys need. Me and my girls will be dancing at the expo and I'll be competing in the Oxygen Model Search, but other than that, I'm yours!

meaganhesham
05-13-2013, 04:33 PM
awesome..best of luck to you..smile big!!!

thanks!!!!! :)

meaganhesham
05-13-2013, 04:38 PM
My big bikini competition was this past weekend... it was a great experience trying out bikini division and ontario physique association for the first time! Here's a little re-cap of my experience... Friday night I went for my tan with Absolute Touch at HUF Boxing Gym. They had set up in the basement of the gym with a waiting area, multi-stations for spraying, and an area for drying infront of fans. After getting sprayed, I joined all the other naked ladies drying off and made some new friends as we stood infront of fans until Pam told us we were dry enough to get dressed! A lot of people assumed I was doing Figure (not bikini) which made me a little nervous as I am a bit muscular for bikini, but maybe not enough for figure... tough call... I almost registered for both categories just to see what would be best for me. Next I jetted over to registration at Port Credit Secondary School (in the cafeteria). I arrived to a huge snaking line and a very full room! Got in line, registered, ordered photos, bought tickets, etc. And then it was time for the athlete's meeting which went over everything we needed to know including who the judges were, posing guidelines, timelines, etc. Went home, tried to get some sleep, but had a millions things to do like sew my hair extensions and put the final details on my bikini! The next morning I got up bright and early to get ready, pack all my food for the day, and be ready for my hair stylist who was coming at 6:30 to do my hair! Once hair was done, and my mom had arrived, we said goodbye to my husband and son (who had his very first Tae Kwon Do tournament this same day!) and took the bus to the venue. Hung around a while, got into my bikini, and then got a second spray tan and my make-up done. Lots more waiting around as my division was last in the pre-judging show... sooooooo thankful my mom was with me the whole time backstage - we had fun talking, taking silly pics, and people-watching. Finally it was my time to take the stage... I was in Bikini Tall division and I was one of the shortest :O Our category was the biggest I think with about 20 competitors - we could literally barely all fit on the stage at the same time! We did our posing and walking, then got split into smaller groups for comparisons. I wasn't sure how I had done with my posing as bikini posing (as opposed to figure or fitness) is so new to me, but after seeing a video my mom got from it, I felt a lot better - I didn't look like a total spazz - phew! Since my house was so close to the venue, me and my mom took the bus home and hung out there for about an hour before heading back for the finals. Backstage atmosphere is always so much more chilled-out in the evening portion of the competition. Bikini was in the middle of the night show so we didn't have as much time to wait, but still enough time for me to get very hungry, thirsty, and worry about my bikini bite stoppping holding my tiny bikini bum down on my cheeks (LOL). My husband and a few friends were in the audience for the night show so it was a little more scary! We also got to do our single walks and poses here which I was a little stressed about. That went fine, but then they did our front and back poses and walks all together as one big group that totally didn't fit on the stage and two of us were basically off stage/behind a podium/then behind a curtain so that was a littly sucky for my friends who had come to see me! I didn't make top five this time, but it was a very big tough group! I will know my actual placing once OPA posts the full results on their site sometime soon! Once I got outta there, I was totally ready to eat some pizza, shower my tan off, and go out to party with my friends at my very favourite salsa club, El Rancho! Everyone thought I would be too tired to go out after this big day, but I was READY!!!! It was a fun night out!

All in all, a great experience... I feel I brought my very best package and was more prepared than ever, which has a lot to do with my totally awesome coach PJ Braun who designed my meal plans, workouts, and held me accountable by looking at my progress pics every week and giving me feedback and motivation! I also want to thank my incredible mom who encouraged and supported me so much through this whole process eventhough she thinks these competitions are a little crazy (lol!) and spent the whole day and night backstage putting up with me and my zany ways! Also my husband and son for being there for me day in and day out through this whole process. And of course my amazing hair stylist, Thomas Kaub and Absolute Touch for the incredible tanning and makeup services!

What's next? After my weekend of sinful eating, I am back onto clean eats and will be back at my beloved gym tomorrow (I've missed it!) as I have a photo shoot with Paul Buceta (a dream come true) for the Miss CHIN Bikini Competition that I am very excited to have gotten into after interviewing for it last week! Then I will be competing in the Oxygen Model Search at the Toronto Pro Super Show and then the actual Miss CHIN Bikini Competition will be at the end of June! Very excited about my spring and summer!!!

149876 149877149878

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e94SqwcdHqU&feature=youtu.be