PDA

View Full Version : Men's Physique or Bodybuilding

910BigMike
02-05-2013, 06:40 AM
I competed in my first show Oct 20 2012. Didn't place but was happy with the changes I made. Competed in Novice and even though I was the biggest guy I definitely wasn't lean enough. Going into 2013 I do not want to have to gain 20+ pounds of muscle to compete with the supers. I am 6'2 and in these pics I was 235. I am training with a goal of 220-225 and want to know should I seek out MPD? 141889

Go Hard or Go Home
#FreakMode

David Lees
02-05-2013, 01:32 PM
You have a solid physique but my suggestion would be to set your goals on coming in at the best condition you can obtain and forget about chasing a number on the scale. Too many people get caught up in weighing X when in reality it doesn't matter what you weigh on stage...what matters is how much it LOOKS like you weigh. I think you could do well in physique if you can nail your conditioning and at 6'2", you are probaly better suited for physique.

910BigMike
02-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks and I agree. Bodybuilding to be competitive I would have to add a ton of size. Again thanks

Go Hard or Go Home
#FreakMode

amckearney
03-07-2013, 12:54 PM
I disagree with that honestly. For yourself, I can see you doing well in bodybuilding with gains of only around 10 pounds, or even cut down slowly and maintain your muscle. Either way, best of luck.

AndrewBuk
03-08-2013, 09:17 AM
I'd say the decision is all about personal preference as to what physique you feel must suits you. MP would be a category I think you could do well in, especially with your height. Definitely work on nailing your conditioning without losing volume of muscle. Either way, you seem to have the right mindset, so just commit and go after it! Good luck!

Andrew Bukowsky
SD Pharmaceuticals Sponsored Athlete
www.sdpharmaceuticals.com

910BigMike
03-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. 13 weeks out from my 2nd show which will be Physique. The goal is to stay full and be a lean as possible.

Go Hard or Go Home
#FreakMode