PDA

View Full Version : Natalie's Training Journal - My switch from Bikini to Figure (Feedback is appreciated)

MsFitMama
02-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Hi everyone!

Here I am starting an online journal to hold myself accountable. I do a pretty good job being accountable but putting it out for the public eye will help me stick to my goals.

A little about me:
I'm in my early 30s. I have a 12 year old daughter. Oh gosh, she'll be a teenager at the end of this year..yikes! Actually, I look forward to it. I work full time. I will be going back to school to finish Criminology. My fiance is also a competitor and we are both prepping for the same show. He is in Middleweight class.

I am prepping for my second Figure competition, which will be in June at BC Provincial Championship. Working hard to place, which will qualify me for the CBBF Nationals in August.

Thank you in advanced for your feedback, it is truly appreciated. I am here to be inspired and inspire.

From L to R:
1st picture - I trained consistently but I continued to eat big serving of meals in combination of plenty of sweets, bad carbs, etc. The muscles I've put on remained hidden.
2nd picture - took the plunge and cleaned up the way I ate. Entered my first show in Bikini division and took home a 4th place medal.
3rd picture - my first Figure show and took home a 2nd Place trophy!

Three competitions within 1 year; the first two in Bikini.

I was on the fence and went back on forth in my mind on whether to compete in Bikini or Figure. However given with those thoughts, I still trained like I was prepping for Figure. After coming back from my Vegas Mr. Olympia trip, which was roughly 5 week out to SWFC show (Nov 10, 2012), I met with a trainer (ASH2NUTRITION). I then made the decision to switch from Bikini to Figure. The rest is history. I busted my butt off even more the first wk of that 5 wks and so much result showed. Kept going and brought home 2nd place!!!!

Achieved within 2 years thanks to hard work, persistence, dedication, hunger, desire and great support system.
GOALS = PLAN + RESEARCH + EXECUTE

There is only one direction to achieve the best and it's created and can be achieved ONLY by YOU!

Not only do you have to get started, you must stay on course and see it through. Do not quit. There is a difference between "falling" and quitting. If you fall, dust yourself off and try again....just see it through. You have nothing to lose.

FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/MissNataliePhysiqueAthlete
Twitter - https://twitter.com/MsFitMama

Curt James
02-09-2013, 12:25 AM
Welcome to Rx Muscle!

mpalleyne
02-09-2013, 03:28 PM
That's right Nathalie Plan to achieve those goals!! I will be following along for sure!

MsFitMama
02-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Welcome to Rx Muscle!

Thanks Curt!

MsFitMama
02-09-2013, 11:32 PM
That's right Nathalie Plan to achieve those goals!! I will be following along for sure!

I definitely am :) Thanks lady!!!

The Prodigy
02-11-2013, 02:34 AM
Welcome to RX Girl! I am following along! I want lots of updates!

Sunnyday
02-11-2013, 01:51 PM
OOOOh..new journal! Welcome Natalie! I'm in. :)

MsFitMama
02-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Monday, Feb 11th

Today is British Columbia's first Family Day (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/05/28/bc-family-day.html). I will be off to the gym to train back and will treat today just like any other day, as my kid is spending time with her grandma.

Yesterday I trained Hams and Glutes. Here's a short video of me doing leg press. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152529237825293

I will post again of the exercises I hit for my back later today. I may record a short video.

Cheers everyone!

mrsflexgym
02-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Amazing transfermation from the bikini to figure!!! You look amazing. Its great when both spouses compete! My husband and I both do. I have a show in May and he is doing the Team U in July. So this will be our first time every dieting at the same time. Weve always done our shows at different times cause we have a 3 1/2 year old and we own a business, so we stay busy.
Good luck and I cant wait to see your progress. I started a journal cause I knew if I had people waiting to see how I am changing, I would stick to it and be more motivated. I also knew if I put my "fat" pictures on here, I would be held accountable for the changes and the "lean" pictures!!!

MsFitMama
02-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Monday, Feb 11th

Today is British Columbia's first Family Day (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/05/28/bc-family-day.html). I will be off to the gym to train back and will treat today just like any other day, as my kid is spending time with her grandma.

Yesterday I trained Hams and Glutes. Here's a short video of me doing leg press. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152529237825293

I will post again of the exercises I hit for my back later today. I may record a short video.

Cheers everyone!

MsFitMama
02-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Amazing transfermation from the bikini to figure!!! You look amazing. Its great when both spouses compete! My husband and I both do. I have a show in May and he is doing the Team U in July. So this will be our first time every dieting at the same time. Weve always done our shows at different times cause we have a 3 1/2 year old and we own a business, so we stay busy.
Good luck and I cant wait to see your progress. I started a journal cause I knew if I had people waiting to see how I am changing, I would stick to it and be more motivated. I also knew if I put my "fat" pictures on here, I would be held accountable for the changes and the "lean" pictures!!!

It definitely is great! We are both on the same path and our daughter along with us too.

He started competing in 2010. We were both going to do it that year but decided for him to go first. I started the following year and we both have not stopped!

As for the "fat" pictures, before I would be very VERY hesitant to show any unappealing pictures of me but now I'm very secure of it. Our "before" self is part of us which makes us who we are now.

I'm following you on your journey to your next competition. I'm looking forward to seeing the fruition of your hard and persistent work. :)

MsFitMama
02-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Today is an Off Day for me from training. However I did cardio and abs at home. I am so thankful that I have a treadmill at home. Best $50 purchase every :) Was patiently searching for a long time and finally an ad on Craigslist came up and I was the first to contact the seller.

Persistence works! :)

The Prodigy
02-12-2013, 11:45 PM
What do you attribute your ability to gain muscle for figure to? Diet? Supps? Training?

sce0027
02-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Hey there! You've definitely made some major progress! Good luck in your future competitions!

IslandGirl
02-15-2013, 04:39 AM
Welcome to RxGirl! Great transformation from bikini to figure!

MsFitMama
02-15-2013, 11:59 PM
What do you attribute your ability to gain muscle for figure to? Diet? Supps? Training?

I attribute my muscle gain from eating the right food, the right amount. My training varies: heavy weights, different angles, variations of sets/reps, adding/replacing new exercises to my routine and best of all a watchful eyes from my coach and my fiance. I get my daily vitamins, protein, carbs, fats, etc from whole foods and the rest are from supplements (protein shakes, cla, l-carnitine, multivitamin, b complex, glucosamine, omegas, etc).

My right amount of sleep is between 6-7 hours and if time allows, I take naps (seldom happens though). Naps do help a lot with re-energizing myself and when I can fit in a nap, it usually is after work then I train.

MsFitMama
02-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Welcome to RxGirl! Great transformation from bikini to figure!

Thank you! I think it was the best decision I've made thus far. I love Figure and will remain in Figure. :)

MsFitMama
02-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Hey there! You've definitely made some major progress! Good luck in your future competitions!

Thank you so much.

IslandGirl
02-16-2013, 12:29 AM
Thank you! I think it was the best decision I've made thus far. I love Figure and will remain in Figure. :)

Great choice. It suits you very well!

MsFitMama
02-17-2013, 08:09 PM
What a crazy delts/back training session today with my team mates. Big thanks to our coach Big T (ASH2NUTRITION).

Post workout - munched on some PRO T muffins and downed a protein shake.

athleticvanessa
02-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Awesome! you look stellar as a figure chick! I think you will do lovely! Good luck to you this year!

MsFitMama
02-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Quad/Tris/Traps

Leg extension - 4Sets/20Reps
*10 reps toes pointing outward then another 10 reps pointing inwards
*I stayed at 50lbs weight

Hack Squat - 2Sets/15Reps
*Feet together stance
*A plate and 25lb each side (70lbs each side) for both sets

One-Legged Leg Press - 4Sets/12-15Reps
*1st Set/15 Reps - 25lb plate each side
*2nd Set/15 Reps - same weight as above
*3rd Set/15 Reps - 35lb plate each side
*4th Set/12 Reps - 45lb plate each side

Barbell Skull Crusher - 4Sets/15Reps
*Set 1-3 used 30lb barbell, 4th Set used 40lb barbell

Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdowns - 3Sets/15Reps
*40lbs all 3 Sets

Cable One Arm Tricep Extensions - 4Sets/15Reps
*30lbs all 4 Sets

Shrug
*used 25lb plates
*4Sets/15Reps

broadys
02-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Damn girl do you wana swap guns with me.
any secrets you wana share on building great arms?

sce0027
02-19-2013, 09:58 PM

Agreed!! You've got some serious guns!

MsFitMama
02-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Today I trained Delts; must grow these puppies! As of Feb 16th, delts measured at 40.8" (arms down relaxed to the side). :)

Some of the exercises I did for delts are:

Single Arm Dumbbell Squat Press
25lb dumbbell
3Sets/10Reps
..........................superset with
Straight Arms Dumbbell Lateral Raise
10lb dumbbell
3Sets/15Reps

Smith Machine Press
25lb plate each side
3Sets/12Reps
Single Straight Arm Dumbbell Lateral Raise
(*right hand holding onto a post to stabilize yourself as you lean to your left side, left hand holding onto the dumbbell,...that is your starting position. Then switch.)
15lb dumbbell
3Sets/15Reps

Seated Dumbbell Press
35lb dumbbell
3Sets/10-12Reps
Front Barbell Raise
30lb barbell
3Sets/12-15Reps

I also did this - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152067119080293&set=vb.379225812107306&type=3&theater

That video was taken Sept 2012.

:)

MsFitMama
02-20-2013, 11:15 PM

I will be training arms on Friday and I will shoot a short video to show what my arm workout is like. :)

MsFitMama
02-25-2013, 11:45 PM
I did a 3hr beginner salsa bootcamp yesterday. It was fun! I was going to train back after but I had an allergy attack and I napped it off. Woke up too late and I didn't feel like going to the gym late. I normally fight with myself to go and I my will would always win but not yesterday. I gave in quick to staying home and making yesterday my "cardio" day/rest day from training.

Today, I trained back/traps and finished off with 4 sets of leg extensions (yes quads).

It will be 3 days on/1 day off, 2 days on/1 day off, 3 days on/2 days off.

On another note, Arnold is right around the corner. Who's competing? I know a couple of girls prepping for it and they will be in Bikini -- Aeryon and Chelsea. Goodluck girls!

<3 Nat

MsFitMama
03-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Working on my physique more to bring a much improved, balanced and WINNING Figure physique on stage. 16 Weeks out to BC Provincials!

13% BF (used calipers)
124.8lbs

144917144918 (my camera phone sucks but I suppose it is good that it doesn't show details)

Special s/o to my coach Big T of ASH2Nutrition and my family for their support.

MsFitMama
03-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Today marks 15 weeks out to BC Provincials (June 22nd). I'm feeling under the weather; I think I'm coming down with a cold, my throat is sore and hurts to swallow. Regardless though, I did 45 minutes cardio first thing the morning. I just finished Hams/Glutes training and already I feel sore.

Let me ask you guys a question, when you feel under the weather do you train or rest?

I think if tomorrow my cold gets worst, I will have to take a rest day.

MsFitMama
03-15-2013, 03:49 PM
Quick update on my training:

This week I'm on upper/lower split training. I've already started posing practices! The plan is to be 98% contest ready weeks before the show. This Sat marks 14 weeks out to BC Provincials.

MsFitMama
03-19-2013, 02:26 PM
To all the ladies on this forum:

Be better today than you were yesterday, as each day of your life
provides you with an endless number of opportunities to demonstrate
commitment, character, focus, integrity, initiative, creativity,
perseverance and a host of other noble virtues to showcase your
greatness.

It's one day of making good decisions and executing on those
decisions... followed by another. The key factors for success and
finding your greatness will always involve setting challenging goals,
enjoying the thrill of the chase, and reaching those goals through
discipline, consistency, and perseverance.

Greatness has no fixed address but is a place where each one of us can
achieve our own personal success and shape our own definition.

Greatness isn't reserved for the chosen few, but it is reserved for
the few who CHOOSE to find their greatness. --100DayChallenge

nic902
03-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Thank you for this! A nice reminder of how to live our lives, not just in the competition world, but all aspects.

To all the ladies on this forum:

Be better today than you were yesterday, as each day of your life
provides you with an endless number of opportunities to demonstrate
commitment, character, focus, integrity, initiative, creativity,
perseverance and a host of other noble virtues to showcase your
greatness.

It's one day of making good decisions and executing on those
decisions... followed by another. The key factors for success and
finding your greatness will always involve setting challenging goals,
enjoying the thrill of the chase, and reaching those goals through
discipline, consistency, and perseverance.

Greatness has no fixed address but is a place where each one of us can
achieve our own personal success and shape our own definition.

Greatness isn't reserved for the chosen few, but it is reserved for
the few who CHOOSE to find their greatness. --100DayChallenge

MsFitMama
03-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Since Sunday, my strength is not there. Granted I've been sick and it seems like I've been sick forever! First the flu, then a cold, then a virus.

I've recently did my first posing session...wow great progress so far! If I wasn't competing, my current physique is where I want to be and would maintain that ;)

How's everyone's prep so far? Who and when is your show?

MsFitMama
03-30-2013, 02:47 AM
Contest prep safe-to-eat-treats (approved by me). Now you can enjoy and pretend you are eating Easter chocolate eggs. Forget Easter chocolate eggs!

PROTEIN CHEWY POPPERS :)

Here is a treat (contest prep approved by me) you will absolutely enjoy. It's QUICK and EASY to make.

In a bowl, mix 2 scoops of Optimum Nutrition (https://www.facebook.com/teamoptimumnutrition?group_id=0) Extreme Milk Chocolate with 3 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk into a paste. Then mix in 3-4 tbsp Almond Butter, add in chopped natural almonds.

In a separate bowl (small), pour in 1 scoop of Official Gaspari Nutrition® (https://www.facebook.com/GaspariNutrition?group_id=0) Myofusion Chocolate Peanut Butter and mix with 1 packet of Stevia.

With your hands, roll it into a ball or egg shape ;) and then roll it into the Myofusion/Stevia mix to coat it.

THERE, that's it! Make it, take a pic and post it on my Page. Let me know how yours turn out and if you like it.

HAPPY EASTER everyone!

MsFitMama
03-30-2013, 11:12 PM
This is where I'm at 12 weeks out to BC Provincials (June 22nd). Compared to last year, I am definitely ahead. But I won't let that get to my head. My main competitor took 2nd and in order to beat her, I will have to take 1st place at this show. Her name is Natalie...me! HAHAHA

MsFitMama
04-10-2013, 03:25 AM
I took on an opportunity that came up on Rx Muscle Forum to reach out to a few girls to try out ATP Extreme. I'm glad to have tried the product!

Some products I have previously tried made me feel "jittery", some had the "crash" effect and some gave me headaches. ATP Exteme gave me a better pump, vascularity and endurance. I manage to get through my training session followed by cardio with the same energy, from beginning to end. After a week of use, I managed to Single Arm Row 65lb DB for 6 reps on my 4th set! Could it be that ATP Extreme played a role? Find your strength, why don't you try this product and find out for yourself.

ATP Extreme will now be added to my "go to and must have" products. As I prep for BC Provincials in Figure (my 2nd Figure show), I will be using ATP Extreme during my late night training and cardio sessions. Best part about this product as well is that I am still able to sleep, as this product is stimulant free! The right choice for those that workout at night and for those that want to workout at night but need that boost without stimulants.

"For the ladies out there looking to up their performance either in the gym or in the endurance arena, skip the supplements targeting hormones and check out some of the safer, effective options, such as oral ATP."

Read more on what ATP Extreme can do for you ladies:
http://atpextreme.com/performance-enhancing-supplements-for-women/

Product Info:
http://atpextreme.com/product-info/#.UWTpz1dEqSo

Natalie L.
BCABBA Figure Competitor
FB - https://www.facebook.com/MissNatalie.FigureAthlete
Twitter - https://twitter.com/MsFitMama

MsFitMama
04-11-2013, 02:15 AM
Came across this, posted it on my FB Page and now sharing it on here:

Poetry for the True and Dedicated

I am no gym rat...
I am a POET:
Creating cadence, meter, and balance.
I am an ARCHITECT:
Drafting and designing my ideal physique.
I am a SCIENTIST:
Studying strength and focusing on physiology.
I am a PHILOSOPHER
Connecting body and mind.. pondering and patient.
I am an ARTIST:
Carrying my canvas, using weights as paint.
I am an ATHLETE:
Strong. Agile. Powerful. Functional. Purposeful.

Train the mind, body and soul; train hard and dirty!

MsFitMama
04-26-2013, 01:23 PM
I know it's been a while since my last post. This coming Saturday marks 8 weeks out to my upcoming Figure competition.

I wanted to share my Athlete's Profile Interview - http://messages.rfos.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1366040003

I also was recently taken on by ATP Extreme (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/forumdisplay.php?245-ATP-Extreme). http://atpextreme.com/sponsored-athletes/

Youtube Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56OeTI2e5tw

Staying focused, persisting through hurdles and staying motivated.

mcstrick
04-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Hi there!I'm also an ATP Extreme figure athlete. I been using it for a few months and have made amazing progress in strength gains. Congrats on your accomplishments and also your progress..you are looking awesome! I'm prepping for a local contest in a few weeks then Nationals later this summer. take care and look forward to following your journal:cheerleader:

MsFitMama
04-27-2013, 11:25 PM
Hi there!I'm also an ATP Extreme figure athlete. I been using it for a few months and have made amazing progress in strength gains. Congrats on your accomplishments and also your progress..you are looking awesome! I'm prepping for a local contest in a few weeks then Nationals later this summer. take care and look forward to following your journal:cheerleader:

Hi May!

I'm really liking the product and happy to be part of ATP team. A big congrats on all of your accomplishments as well.

I'm 8 weeks out to BC Provincial Championship then a few weeks later it's Nationals. I shouldn't be counting my eggs early BUT I know I'll place at the Championship show :) Then onto Nationals and I'm hoping to place Top 5 so I can register to compete at Arnold 2014.

I send you a friend request on FB. Let's keep in touch both here and on FB. Cheers beautiful lady!

Nat

mcstrick
04-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Hi May!

I'm really liking the product and happy to be part of ATP team. A big congrats on all of your accomplishments as well.

I'm 8 weeks out to BC Provincial Championship then a few weeks later it's Nationals. I shouldn't be counting my eggs early BUT I know I'll place at the Championship show :) Then onto Nationals and I'm hoping to place Top 5 so I can register to compete at Arnold 2014.

I send you a friend request on FB. Let's keep in touch both here and on FB. Cheers beautiful lady!

Nat

That's great! You are already looking contest ready:) I'm 6 weeks out from the NPC Socal then Masters Nationals in Pittsburgh a few weeks later. Keep posting and keep inspiring!

kgramlich
05-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Looking awesome! I think you should do awesome in your Provincials.

MsFitMama
05-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Looking awesome! I think you should do awesome in your Provincials.

Thank you! I'm sure everyone else is working just as hard as I am towards that 1st Place Trophy. It all boils down to the line up, once everyone is on stage and we are standing side by side.

MsFitMama
05-07-2013, 09:58 PM
6 1/2 weeks out and I'm right on track. As much as I prefer and enjoy training solo, at this point I prefer training with a partner for motivation.

Today, I'm taking a rest day from training. Woke up late so I didn't get to do my morning cardio.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow...it's BACK DAY!!! My fave.

mooreve2
05-09-2013, 05:48 AM
Thank you! I'm sure everyone else is working just as hard as I am towards that 1st Place Trophy. It all boils down to the line up, once everyone is on stage and we are standing side by side.

Agree 100%! No matter what, we can't control who shows up the day of the show. All we can do is prepare to step on stage in the best shape of our lives as possible! Good luck girl! Looking great!

MsFitMama
05-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Current video compilation - 6 Weeks Out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPE6VvmofIc&list=UU-8M6YXaQQNCsvIlyb9hu7w&index=1

MsFitMama
05-12-2013, 11:46 AM

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! We are your best critic yet strongest supporter. Everyday should be made special but we all know it is highly unlikely SO make today extra extra special for your Mom. Make it MEMORABLE!

Sunday Funday! Cheers :)

MsFitMama
05-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Oh my goodness, it has finally come down to 30 days out! I'm excited to step on stage and strut my improved physique.

Here is a progress picture of my back. Lovin' my gains!

MsFitMama
05-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Oh my goodness, it has finally come down to 30 days out! I'm excited to step on stage and strut my improved physique.

Here is a progress picture of my back. Lovin' my gains!

HaleyBrennan
05-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Wow, I would KILL for your back!! I'm 4 weeks out and not nearly as lean as you, but your progress is so motivating!

MsFitMama
06-02-2013, 03:29 AM
"Own your choices and mistakes, and be willing to take the necessary steps to improve upon them. Either you take accountability for your life or someone else will. And when they do, you’ll become a slave to their ideas and dreams instead of a pioneer of your own.

You are the only one who can directly control the outcome of your life. And no, it won’t always be easy. Every person has a stack of obstacles in front of them. But you must take accountability for your situation and overcome these obstacles. Choosing not to is choosing a lifetime of mere existence."

-- http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/04/26/you-should-be-able-to-say-about-yourself/

MsFitMama
06-02-2013, 03:37 AM

Mix in a bowl:
1/4c whole grain oats,
1/4c baked and mashed sweet potato,
1 whole egg,
1/4c egg whites,
3tbsp dark chocolate almond milk,
1tbsp dark chocolate chips and
1tbsp cocoa

Heat coconut oil in pan, pour mix in. Serve with sugar free syrup and sprinkle berries and dark chocolate chips.

:-)

In hopes to inspire others to lead as an example to your children. Start while they are little. #nosugar #healthybreakfast #superfood #lifeofamom #toughmom

Passing on basic knowledge and teaching self contentment yet be hungry and strive for improvements on all facet of life.

nic902
06-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Oh my! Those look delish :drool:

MsFitMama
06-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Oh my! Those look delish :drool:

It was my daughter's breakfast and she loved it. I watched her eat it and all she kept saying was "don't worry mom, you'll eat this after your competition...with fruits and dark chocolate chips" :)

MsFitMama
06-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Wow, I would KILL for your back!! I'm 4 weeks out and not nearly as lean as you, but your progress is so motivating!

How's your prep going so far Haley? You are a week out now right?

MsFitMama
06-09-2013, 06:57 PM
1 week and 6 days out.........AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

I was feeling so bloated and gassy the past week and finally found the culprit. It was broccoli!

There are days when I'm feeling so good and so excited but then most days I'm a zombie. Difficult to focus at and I find myself just staring into space. Although, once I am in the gym, regardless of whether I was tired or feeling blah, I'm a freak! I plow through my workouts and cardio with crazy energy. I love the burn, the pump, and the sweat.

nic902
06-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Lookin lean, lady! Lovin those veins and the calves are a-poppin!

MsFitMama
06-09-2013, 11:52 PM
»»»» ZERO CARB Baked Tuna Eggs

6 egg whites ( or 3x1/4cup egg whites),
1 whole egg,
3x1/4cup canned Chunk Light Tuna in Water,
dash of Frank's Red Hot sauce, black ground pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, Mrs.Dash Extra Spicy

Mix all together in a bowl, spray muffin tins, pour mix in muffin tins, bake for 10.

Yields 6.
Nutritional value: each 40 calories, .25grams fat, 9.5grams protein

HaleyBrennan
06-15-2013, 01:07 PM
1 week and 6 days out.........AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

I was feeling so bloated and gassy the past week and finally found the culprit. It was broccoli!

There are days when I'm feeling so good and so excited but then most days I'm a zombie. Difficult to focus at and I find myself just staring into space. Although, once I am in the gym, regardless of whether I was tired or feeling blah, I'm a freak! I plow through my workouts and cardio with crazy energy. I love the burn, the pump, and the sweat.

You look awesome girl!!! I only hope that I can get as lean as you in the future!! I've got a long ways to go

MsFitMama
06-17-2013, 02:27 PM
5 days out to BC Provincial Championship!!!!!!! This week is of utmost important! Super super tired earlier today that I did not do my fasted morning cardio. Will get it in an hr then another session tonight.

Did a team photo shoot and here's a behind the scene photo.

HaleyBrennan
06-17-2013, 07:30 PM
5 days out to BC Provincial Championship!!!!!!! This week is of utmost important! Super super tired earlier today that I did not do my fasted morning cardio. Will get it in an hr then another session tonight.

Did a team photo shoot and here's a behind the scene photo.

I'm five days out as well, struggled to get my cardio in too!! I have 20 more minutes left of it :p Good luck this weekend, you'll kill it!

figurefelicia
06-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Wow!! De-lurking to say you look INCREDIBLE, and I love the recipes you've shared!! Good luck this weekend!

MsFitMama
06-19-2013, 12:46 PM
I post all my recipes and meal ideas on Instagram and FB Page.

FB - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.384487104914510.101790.379225812107306&type=3

Instagram - @go_figure_527

Update:
Show is this weekend. I can't believe that it is so close. Excited, very excited to step on stage again. Hoping to place so that I can compete at CBBF Nationals in Aug 17th. I'm hoping to place at Nationals so that I can register to compete at the Arnold 2014.

Whatever the outcome on Saturday, I have enjoyed the ride. I truly enjoy and have a passion for this sport. How incredible the capabilities of mind and body; connected, anything is possible.

To everyone else who are competing this weekend, rock it and have a blast!!!!! Throw worries out the door. Be confident.

Bronwyn
06-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Good luck. I looked where Provincials are as I wanted to take a look, but I am in Vancouver downtown and no car, and I think it is in Burnaby? However I hope you will post some pics :)

Andrealyn75
06-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Hi Natalie, hope your show went well, back is amazing. I will be following you along. :)

MsFitMama
06-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Good luck. I looked where Provincials are as I wanted to take a look, but I am in Vancouver downtown and no car, and I think it is in Burnaby? However I hope you will post some pics :)

It was at Massey Theater in New Westminster.

MsFitMama
06-25-2013, 09:05 PM
POST SHOW UPDATE:

I am so thrilled to announce that I WON my class!

15307615307715307815307915308015308115308215308315 3084

I've just registered to compete in my FIRST National show in August. Contest prep continues...less than 8 weeks out! Must bring an even bigger package. Eeek!

Loni Pfeil
06-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Hi!:) I just want to comment that I am new on here first of all and I came across your journal. I LOVE THAT U MADE THE SWITCH to figure from bikini:) I do figure also. U are a true athlete girl and I love it! Not that bikini isn't... Just that u have progressed your body to compete in figure is awesome!!

nic902
06-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Congrats :cheerleader: You look absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!

The Prodigy
06-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Congrats girl! What national show are you doing?

MsFitMama
06-26-2013, 09:34 AM
Congrats girl! What national show are you doing?

Hi Gail,

I'm doing the CBBF Nationals in August --> http://cbbf.ca/Events.aspx

MsFitMama
06-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Hi!:) I just want to comment that I am new on here first of all and I came across your journal. I LOVE THAT U MADE THE SWITCH to figure from bikini:) I do figure also. U are a true athlete girl and I love it! Not that bikini isn't... Just that u have progressed your body to compete in figure is awesome!!

Thank you so much! I myself am so glad I made the switch. Although, I have been missing Bikini :) But I love Figure and not switching back to Bikini at all.

MsFitMama
06-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Congrats :cheerleader: You look absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!! :) I'm still so happy that I won! Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Andrealyn75
06-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Hi there! Just stopping by for the first time to say hello and see what's up in here, and OMG, you are amazing, beautiful and on FIRE! Congratulations.

MsFitMama
07-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Question for everyone who are prepping for a show...

Are you like most who gets rid of cheese and yogurt (fat free and filler free) during contest prep?

What is your take on this?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

nic902
07-08-2013, 09:09 PM
IMO if you don't have a sensitivity to dairy, there is no reason to avoid it during prep. Now, as the weeks wind down, I will cut it out and opt for more filling and satisfying food choices and the final week I always cut it out due to any possible bloating/retention issues, but aside from that I eat usually a serving a day throughout my prep.

MsFitMama
07-19-2013, 10:55 AM
IMO if you don't have a sensitivity to dairy, there is no reason to avoid it during prep. Now, as the weeks wind down, I will cut it out and opt for more filling and satisfying food choices and the final week I always cut it out due to any possible bloating/retention issues, but aside from that I eat usually a serving a day throughout my prep.

Thanks for your response! I'm not at all sensitive to dairy. I'm less than 30 days out now so it's now just the basic boring meals..fish, chicken, greens..to name a few.

MsFitMama
11-29-2013, 04:43 PM
It has been a few months since my last post. Here's an update:

I competed at my FIRST CBBF Nationals show in August and took home 4th place. I am disappointed that I didn't bring a much better conditioned physique. I think my body was just too tired. I was bloated and was unable to do #2 the past 2 days before the show and that did a number in my head. I was uncomfortable and I let it get to my head. I had fun and very very thankful that I brought a physique good enough for Top 5.

I went from show to show: 1st figure show in Nov 2012 (2nd place) then June 2013 (1st place) then onto Nationals in Aug 2013 (4th place).

I've taken a different approach to my "off season" after my last show in Aug and I'm getting good gains. I'm only doing 1 to 2 half hour cardio sessions per week; 30 minutes each. I'm focusing on HEAVY lifting and increased calories intake. I am at 126lbs give or take.

I'm prepping for my next Nationals show in July, which is in Edmonton. My goal is to beat my last placing, hence Top 3. :)

This is where I'm currently at...

162212 Some post training flexing with my daughter.

The Prodigy
11-30-2013, 11:49 PM
CONGRATS ON EARNING TRAINING JOURNAL OF THE MONTH!

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleade r::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Thank you for being such an integral part of RX Girl! We have enjoyed watching your transformation. Keep training hard and being a positive role model!

Sunnyday
12-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Congrats on JOTM! :cheerleader:

MsFitMama
12-05-2013, 12:21 PM
CONGRATS ON EARNING TRAINING JOURNAL OF THE MONTH!

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleade r::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Thank you for being such an integral part of RX Girl! We have enjoyed watching your transformation. Keep training hard and being a positive role model!

Oh wow! YAY!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

MsFitMama
12-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Today I trained back. Close Grip Front Lat Pull Down 1st Set/12 Reps: 80lbs 2nd Set/12 Reps: 100lbs 3rd Set/12 Reps: 100lbs 4th Set/10 Reps: 120lbs (negatives) 5th Set/25 Reps: 60lbs Close Grip Row 1st Set/12 Reps: 100lbs 2nd Set/12 Reps: 110lbs 3rd Set/12 Reps: 120lbs (negatives) 4th Set/25 Reps: 60lbs Tbar Row w/ Handle 1st Set/12 Reps: 45lb plate 2nd Set/12 Reps: 45lb + 10lb plates 3rd Set/12 Reps: 45lb + 25lb plates One Arm Lat Pull Down 4 Sets/12 Reps: 45lb plate Smith Machine Shrug **15 reps close grip first followed by 15 reps wide grip 4 Sets/30 Reps: 25lb plate Alternating Single Arm Leverage High Row (http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/leverage-high-row) 4 Sets/12 Reps each alternating arm: 50lbs Standing Calf Raise (light day) 4 Sets/15 Reps: 160lbs

MsFitMama
12-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Today I trained back.
Close Grip Front Lat Pull Down
1st Set/12 Reps: 80lbs
2nd Set/12 Reps: 100lbs
3rd Set/12 Reps: 100lbs
4th Set/10 Reps: 120lbs (negatives)
5th Set/25 Reps: 60lbs

Close Grip Row
1st Set/12 Reps: 100lbs
2nd Set/12 Reps: 110lbs
3rd Set/12 Reps: 120lbs (negatives)
4th Set/25 Reps: 60lbs

Tbar Row w/ Handle
1st Set/12 Reps: 45lb plate
2nd Set/12 Reps: 45lb + 10lb plates
3rd Set/12 Reps: 45lb + 25lb plates

One Arm Lat Pull Down
4 Sets/12 Reps: 45lb plate

Smith Machine Shrug
**15 reps close grip first followed by 15 reps wide grip
4 Sets/30 Reps: 25lb plate

Alternating Single Arm Leverage High Row
(http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...erage-high-row (http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/leverage-high-row))
4 Sets/12 Reps each alternating arm: 50lbs Standing

Calf Raise (light day)
4 Sets/15 Reps: 160lbs

MsFitMama
12-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Today I trained one of my favorite muscle group: DELTS!

Some of the exercises I included:
Machine Military Press
1st Set/12 Reps - 45lb plate each side
2nd Set/12 Reps - 45lb + 10lb plates each side
3rd Set/12 Reps - 45lb + 10lb plates each side
4th Set/16 Partial Reps - 45lb + 10lb plates each side

Reverse Machine Flyes
3 Sets/12 Reps - 70lbs followed by 12 Reps of 55lbs (dropset)

Upright Row
3 Sets/15 Reps - 50lbs

Single Arm Linear Jammer
4 Sets/10-12 Reps - 25lb plate followed by 10 Reps of Front 25lb Plate Raise (superset)
.......................... Video - http://instagram.com/p/hzdlQprPVr/

DB Press
3 Sets/25 Reps - 25lb dbs

DB Lateral Raise
3 Sets/15 Reps - 25lb dbs

Finished off with 20 minute cardio on stepper

*** 29 WEEKS OUT to my 2nd National show! :)

LisaRD23
12-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Solid training! Love the early count down, the weeks are going to fly by :cool:

MsFitMama
12-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Yesterday I sent in my Athlete Sponsorship application to iForce Nutrition. Wish me luck!

The Prodigy
01-01-2014, 07:11 PM
Good luck!!!!

MsFitMama
01-01-2014, 09:16 PM
I need to REALLY improve my delts; grow them into pumpkin delts. Can you all recommend exercises to do besides lateral raises. What does your delts training session look like?

Thank you!

I haven't trained at all since Saturday I think, as I've been sick. Looks like it'll be a week of rest for me.

I'm 26 weeks out this Saturday (4th)! :)

ChelseaCompetes
01-06-2014, 09:58 PM
I need to REALLY improve my delts; grow them into pumpkin delts. Can you all recommend exercises to do besides lateral raises. What does your delts training session look like?

Thank you!

I haven't trained at all since Saturday I think, as I've been sick. Looks like it'll be a week of rest for me.

I'm 26 weeks out this Saturday (4th)! :)

I really need to improve my delts too! In the past I have warmed up simply by stretching and done lots of straight sets. Recently I have changed things up, and I have seen noticeable improvement. For warm-ups, instead of just stretching, I pick up 5 lb dumbbells and do two sets of 20 of each of the following: shoulder rotations, lateral raise with arms bent at 90 degrees, and clappers. Then I go straight into presses. I do a seated dumbbell press, and then a standing reverse close-grip shoulder press with a barbell. I had never done reverse grip presses before, so I like those. Then hit rear delts, sometimes on the pec deck and other times with dumbbells. Finally I superset a barbell front raise with dumbbell side raises. That really gets the burn going. :)

MsFitMama
03-25-2014, 10:42 PM
I really need to improve my delts too! In the past I have warmed up simply by stretching and done lots of straight sets. Recently I have changed things up, and I have seen noticeable improvement. For warm-ups, instead of just stretching, I pick up 5 lb dumbbells and do two sets of 20 of each of the following: shoulder rotations, lateral raise with arms bent at 90 degrees, and clappers. Then I go straight into presses. I do a seated dumbbell press, and then a standing reverse close-grip shoulder press with a barbell. I had never done reverse grip presses before, so I like those. Then hit rear delts, sometimes on the pec deck and other times with dumbbells. Finally I superset a barbell front raise with dumbbell side raises. That really gets the burn going. :)

Hey girl,

Yes that's how I usually warm up. Pick up a 5 or 10lb dbs and do lateral raises, presses, curls, etc.

I've switched it up a bit and have started to hit rear delts first. For many, rear delts don't get attention as much.

MsFitMama
03-25-2014, 10:51 PM
It's been months since I posted on here.

Here's my update: I'm currently 14.5 weeks out to my second Nationals show which will be held in Edmonton. I'm excited! I've never been to Edmonton so I'm making this a mini family trip as well.

I have been focusing on my delts, back thickness and biceps.

I have been posting current pics and training videos on my Instagram. http://instagram.com/go_figure_527

Hope all is well with everyone and if you are prepping for an upcoming show, grind hard!!!!!

Loni Pfeil
04-07-2014, 12:30 AM
Agree 100%! No matter what, we can't control who shows up the day of the show. All we can do is prepare to step on stage in the best shape of our lives as possible! Good luck girl! Looking great!
Awesome journal!! Good luck girlie!!

The Prodigy
04-07-2014, 11:49 AM
It's been months since I posted on here.

Here's my update: I'm currently 14.5 weeks out to my second Nationals show which will be held in Edmonton. I'm excited! I've never been to Edmonton so I'm making this a mini family trip as well.

I have been focusing on my delts, back thickness and biceps.

I have been posting current pics and training videos on my Instagram. http://instagram.com/go_figure_527

Hope all is well with everyone and if you are prepping for an upcoming show, grind hard!!!!!

You should post more often on here! We love your updates!!!