PDA

View Full Version : Journey to WBFF European Championships: Crushing it!

Striations
02-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Hey guys. So I decided to start a new journal, following on from my subsequent Journey to 2014 WBFF fitness show, as I think I'll now compete in the 2015 European Championships in Scandinavia. As I've had a hamstring injury and it has set me back somewhat. I'll give a brief overview of my daily workouts, with the addition of my diet and supplementation. Rather than bore you with a plethora of information, I'll jump right to it:

Height: 6"1
Weight: 81kg
Training time: 3 years (natural for life)
Training protocol: emphasis on volume and pyramiding down in weight every set/lots of drop & double drop-sets, sometimes employs FST-7 training.

So I think rather than log my entire workouts from now on, I'll just give a brief overview of them, perhaps going into more detail nearer to when I do decide to compete. Trained back/triceps/abs today and worked my up to 50kg for 8 on DB rows, 90kg on barbell rows with good form, 80kg on smith machine close grip bench.... Also hit wide grip chins, standing pulldowns, incline French press, cable pushdowns and for abs I did kettle-bell side bends, low-high cable woodchop and AB crunch machine.

Yesterday I hit a chest/bicep workout and worked up to 100kg on the seated chest pin-stack machine and hit a PB for hammer curls @ 46 kg for 3 reps with pretty good form. Will hit the 50s soon! I know it's not all about weight as I said before, but nice to lift big iron! The workout also included flat flyes and low cable crossovers and for biceps: cable and one-hand cable curls to follow the hammer curls, with an initial 4 sets on barbell curls working up to 50kg, then into a drop-set for 30 reps @ 20kg. Get them guns growin' baby! Lol Got an amazing chest pump and arm pump was pretty good as well.