PDA

View Full Version : torn delt?maybe ..HELP

clarkf
02-11-2013, 06:11 PM
So heres the deal.. Just left the gym. Today is back day.. I was doing Tbar rows. the old school way, where you put the bar in the corner of the room and use the vbar to row.. I had my wife step on the back of the bar so it doesnt lift.. My wife weighs 105LB... Im sure you can see where this story is going...SO I had 5 plates on and she wasnt stepping on it hard enough. the back of the bar lifted up..So now in a matter of a half second I have the whole bar in the air and I am using straps.. I feel a pop in the left delt... Seemed to be the rear delt.. I finished that exercise and attmepted to do more back. I was in a deecnt amount of pain where even my dumbass said it was time to quit.. When I looked at, it it was red but maybe from me rubbing it.. It is absolutely sore and the rear delt feels a little hard. It kind of feels like if you injected a really painful test prop into it. like a tight sore feeling.. Do not feel a lump or depression. just feels harder than the other one..
Would you say this is torn, sprain or what? I have ice on it now... what do you recomend?
Thanks

clarkf
02-11-2013, 07:08 PM
So heres the deal.. Just left the gym. Today is back day.. I was doing Tbar rows. the old school way, where you put the bar in the corner of the room and use the vbar to row.. I had my wife step on the back of the bar so it doesnt lift.. My wife weighs 105LB... Im sure you can see where this story is going...SO I had 5 plates on and she wasnt stepping on it hard enough. the back of the bar lifted up..So now in a matter of a half second I have the whole bar in the air and I am using straps.. I feel a pop in the left delt... Seemed to be the rear delt.. I finished that exercise and attmepted to do more back. I was in a deecnt amount of pain where even my dumbass said it was time to quit.. When I looked at, it it was red but maybe from me rubbing it.. It is absolutely sore and the rear delt feels a little hard. It kind of feels like if you injected a really painful test prop into it. like a tight sore feeling.. Do not feel a lump or depression. just feels harder than the other one..
Would you say this is torn, sprain or what? I have ice on it now... what do you recomend?
Thanks

Delt now has a red golf ball sized lump... a little bit red and sore..

TheRage93
02-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Prob a strain. If it were torn you legit a tearing sensation. Maybe it's one of your external rotators too.
post a pic?

Curt James
02-13-2013, 10:25 PM
So heres the deal.. Just left the gym. Today is back day.. I was doing Tbar rows. the old school way, where you put the bar in the corner of the room and use the vbar to row.. I had my wife step on the back of the bar so it doesnt lift.. My wife weighs 105LB... Im sure you can see where this story is going...SO I had 5 plates on and she wasnt stepping on it hard enough.(snip) what do you recomend?
Thanks

What do I recommend? Uh, don't expect a 105LB woman to be able to hold down her side of a seesaw loaded with 225LB?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN2aq9dpEvc

Curt James
02-13-2013, 10:26 PM
But definitely wishing you a full and speedy recovery. And no tear!