PDA

View Full Version : Men's Physique & Steroids - What's Your Take?

MITM
02-12-2013, 07:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ2f1QM61pQ

This video clip is from the 2nd Men's Physique Seminar at Infinity Fitness in Lansing, MI. I personally don't have an issue with anabolic steroids, but they're in every sport and so, I think the question is valid.

I like the point made by Dustin Homan on HRT. Dustin won the Overall in Physique at the 2012 Michigan and 2012 Grand Rapids.

Austin Fineis - 3rd - NPC Western Michigan
Winston Tsai - 2nd - 2012 John Simmons Classic
Cedrick McKinney - 2012 Lansing Grand Prix - Overall
Kiel Fewless - 2012 Western Michigan - Overall

soujerz
05-04-2013, 01:38 AM
What kind of cycles do IFBB Pro mens physique competitors use off season and precontest?

tpeter
06-13-2013, 06:48 AM
test, var tren win etc.. depends on genetics and other factors, I know guys that can look amazing on low test and var then other that need test tren and mast to really shine.

ianlauer
06-25-2013, 08:32 PM
If you're in this division you should remember what it is about...a naturally attainable physique. It is not about working out hard and using banned substances. This division is about working your ass off naturally to build an incredible physique that VERY FEW are willing to put the clean work in to achieve. Those are my two cents..but hey what do i know? I'm just a pro that has been natural for my entire life.

x100696
06-26-2013, 11:14 PM
^^^^Agreed. I don't have a problem with it from a health/morality stance. I just think in order to keep this division noticeably different that bbying you have to keep it clean. If not sooner or later the physique/bbing line will become blurred.

PMW_Fitness
07-05-2013, 06:38 PM
exactly, MP guys will start looking like musclemania dudes

ToddinWC
07-05-2013, 07:48 PM
test, var tren win etc.. depends on genetics and other factors, I know guys that can look amazing on low test and var then other that need test tren and mast to really shine.

THIS...No one can even argue with me on this one...I personally know and am friends with more than 1 IFBB physique pro and ALL of them are on gear...Test/tren/masteron/anavar/gh/t3/clen seem to be the favorite pre-contest stack but I know a few that just take a shot of test a week and intermittent var use and they look way better than me...it's all genetics/bone structure...I can take all the gear in the world and I'll always have more of a "physique" look because of my small wrists and ankles...

ToddinWC
07-05-2013, 07:50 PM
If you're in this division you should remember what it is about...a naturally attainable physique. It is not about working out hard and using banned substances. This division is about working your ass off naturally to build an incredible physique that VERY FEW are willing to put the clean work in to achieve. Those are my two cents..but hey what do i know? I'm just a pro that has been natural for my entire life.

The "naturally attainable" physique is a highly subjective term...I've seen some winners of local shows that look like they just started working out and you wouldn't even turn your head at them in public...and then I see some winners of shows who are fucking huge....

I'm not bashing you in anyway Ian...It's just the truth of the matter....in my opinion, of course ;-)

Yianni54
07-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Question
I am 36 and am on TRT. I would like to compete in Mens physique next year. Would I be in a natural division or not. TRT doses are so small compared to BB doses. Or does it not matter. I mean my test levels stay within the normal physiologic range. Thanks

CDJack
07-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Ian Lauer, please don't tell me you are serious when you say that. You can fool the outside world, but do you really think people on this forum don't know that 90+% of MP pros are using something. If you really are natural, then you are in the vast minority. The world is full of a bunch of liars and phonies. If all the guys were really natural, they would compete in natural orgs and wouldn't look better than almost all natural bodybuilding pros with generally far fewer years of training experience. I know tons of MP pros who have 5 years or less of serious training under their belt. It's a fucking farce the whole thing. What is attainable naturally varies greatly from one person to another, and regardless, what's attainable naturally doesn't dictate what actually happens.

musclesnwhey
12-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Meh, it's impossible to stop. All we can really do it just hope they have a decent moral compass. I think it should be more about aesthetics than muscle mass. While juice increases aesthetics, you also have a sort of unnatural look.

peterjb
04-03-2014, 05:48 AM
What i think is it might not be good in the long run.But i think its an individual choice