PDA

View Full Version : **A Lonewolfs keto-diet **

Alex Thunholm
06-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Hey guys my name is Alex Thunholm in this journal I will be posting my training and diet for my two upcoming competitions in october (swedish nationals) and one in december called the lucia-trophy.

I contacted dave in january for some help with the off food and training advice. I did get some good growth and now I look forward to see what's hiding under the blubber :P I am 25 years old, competed 5 times, (never gotten ripped before so I hope dave will succeed with me)

Currently training 5times a week and doing some walking every day.
I work nights 7days on and then 7days off where I can focus more and better on the diet.

Posting one pic of my best form so far from 2005 weight 204lbs.
and one from the beginning of the diet at 257lbs. now six weeks in I'm at 231lbs.

the reason for me being so fucking off in the offseason is that my body cant handle more than 200g of carbs a day. In the first two weeks of the off season after a comp I usually add two lbs of water a day for two weeks. then it stays there and fat gets added with time...

next off will be a more high fat/protein lower carb version. I know my arms blow... been knowing for 5years despite of increasing in weights. soreness pumps different routines etc :(

posting todays legworkout next.

Alex Thunholm
06-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Um I train in a small gym.... not really the usa equipment but it's ok :)
I suck at bench I cant squat because of my hips hurt and simply because when I squat I just don't find that feeling in the bottom like I own the weight and can explode up. Same goes for our hacksquat which is built wrong. The angle puts all the weight in your toes. So instead I hacksquat with my chest into the pad and by doing so I feel my my glutes hams and quads at the bottom of the movement. both the hack and the legpress have a high angle about 70degrees

First exercise:
Reversed HAck squats.

I increased weights with each set up to two max sets of 8 @ 440lbs and 4@460

Legpress feet high medium-wide stance
3sets of 6 slow reps at 640lbs finished of with 20 @440 as wide as possible for the inner thigh

Leg extension: some problems with my knees the last few weeks so lighter weights today and more reps and shorther rest in between.
4sets o 25 @ 110lbs

Lying legcurl 6sets: started at 140lbs then did all sets to total failure and decreased weights with each set. only way for me to kill the hams.

shoulders abs trapz tomorrow

Alex Thunholm
06-18-2009, 09:19 AM
good workout today but felt like shit... still increasing in strength which is nice :cool:

Barbell Shrugs
2 sets of 6 @ 460lbs

Shoulder Press behind the neck
pyramide up to two heavy sets at 230lbs

standing side laterals
2 light sets
2 heavy at the 60s

Front Raises with a barbell
one light
two heavy 8s at 90lbs

Bent over rear laterals with dumbells
one warmup
3 heavy @60lbs

9sets for abs 3 exercises.

arms tomorrow and a cheat meal :popcorn:

Alex Thunholm
06-19-2009, 09:29 AM
arms today went up some in weight from yesterday? cheatmeal later this evening so I am counting on the regular +2lbs til tomorrow and then -4lbs til monday...

Triceps

Pushdowns with EZ bar. more of a push version instead of extending.
3warmups
3*8@ 130lbs

Kickbacks
5sets 6-8reps @ 40lbs

Incline scullcrusher with a barbell
4*8 @ 90lbs

Biceps

One arm standing cable curl towards the head in the cablecross
4*6 @ 110lbs

Alternating dumbellcurls
2warmups
4*6 @ 55lbs

One armed scottcurl
5*6-8 @ 40lbs

Alternating hammercurls
3sets at 40lbs.

rest tomorrow except for the cardio

Northman
06-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Your not far from being in shape man, you will get this easy.

Alex Thunholm
06-19-2009, 03:48 PM
I so much hope so :P I can't stand the thought of a sixth diet without a shredded ass :D
But Dave is The Keto God and I put my faith in him, his word is my command :)

but his word doesn't seem to work on my arms though :P

Alex Thunholm
06-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Chest and calves was on the program today. Also stayed up late have a week of nightshifts ahead of me. Really hot in the gym today felt really bad, but got better afterwards during the cardio in the rain :p

Chest

Incline Bench Press
3warmups and 2heavy (heavy for weak me in bench)
265*4
240*5 with a pause on the chest

Incline dumbell flyes (stronger exercise for me)
95lbs*8,4
65lbs *10,10

Cable Crossover
4sets of 10-15 @ 90lbs

Slow widegrip benchpress in the smithmachine
2superslow sets on 180lbs maybe 10reps

Calves in the legpress
5sets to failure @ 530lbs

Standing calfraises
5sets to failure 8-10reps.
started at 265lbs came down to 220lbs.

tomorrow back abs, pictures and the weekly report do dave

Northman
06-21-2009, 02:28 PM
I so much hope so :P I can't stand the thought of a sixth diet without a shredded ass :D
But Dave is The Keto God and I put my faith in him, his word is my command :)

but his word doesn't seem to work on my arms though :P

I don't know how you train but looking at the amount of sets you do, that does not look merely enough.

Please don't tell me you train HIT :)

Alex Thunholm
06-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Before dave I did maybe 4 exercises per muscle /once a week. MAybe 4sets of 8reps at the same weight, increasing weights when I hit those 4 eights on the weight...

I asked Dave he thought One heavy set per exercise was enough. So I have been doing that since january... Some things have grown good, and increased in strenght really good in some things. But some things like my arms hate me.

I am willing to try anything for my arms... how "should" a good workout for arms look like? I'll give it a go diet or not :p

Alex Thunholm
06-22-2009, 03:37 PM
weightloss this week only 1lb will have to see the changes from dave..

Back today went good and felt good :)

Wide grip pulldowns
110* 20
175*8
190*6
240*10
240*6
240*5

Seated one arm row in cable
90*8
175*6 heaviest set
155*8